What is your opinion on this character

What is your opinion on this character

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BOUMiEbkZUM#t=17m40s
youtube.com/watch?v=oMWEjWCwjzM#t=39s
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like ff7 "let's mosey" Cloud but everything after with him turns him into a fag.

>mfw we'll get edgy anime Cloud in the remake

Zack was better in every way.

>tfw we won't get the Cloud that roots through Tida's underwear drawer or stares at her panties as she climbs the stairs

Honestly I wanted an FF7 remake for so many years but now that I'm actually getting one I know what it means and how much little, but important shit will be butchered.

Good character, terrible fanbase

I think he gets a bum rap from fujoshi and people like Square fucked up with Advent Children. True facts. It's a bad movie, and does an awful job at explaining character motivations.

But the rest of the compilation, especially Crisis Core (to show us Clouds personality pre-Midgar more clearly) the AC novellas, and ACC all do a decent job of cleaning up the mess.

The reason for his personality shift is clear motivation and a build up ,rather than being sudden and nonsensical.

Anyway, I'm optimistic that since SE knows what they are doing given enough time, the remake might be good.

Final Fantasy 7 is a decent game with a decent cast, but barely makes the top half list of "best Final Fantasy" games out of them all that only gets the universal praise that it does for literally being baby's first JRPG, simply because it was the ONLY Final Fantasy that had any marketing towards it to that point.

1,4,5 & 6 were better than it in almost every way.

Anti-hero done right, I suppose. Nowhere near as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Zack was better, though. Which is why he had to die.

>edgy
>anime
>Cloud

I'm not sure you know what any of those words mean.

>posting the shitty version

He was alright. I liked his fighting style, tho Squalls is better.

You mean the good version? The edit looks like complete shit.

Great in FF7.
Horrible in everything else that followed.

no i mean the shit version
it's shit

>zero reading comprehension

I am praying for all hopes that Nomura doesn't go full Advent Children Cloud on the Remake when shit was just starting to look a little better at remembering best "let's mosey" Cloud

Have you seen Cloud in anything after the main game?

He acts like your average edgy shonnen character.

We got edgy anime cloud in the original

>Square fucked up with Advent Children
The problem is that way too many people grew up with that Cloud (as well as Kingdom Hearts Cloud) and that sort of became his default state since most people didn't play or read any of the extra stuff

Name one scene in the original game where Cloud was edgy.

>Cloud, this is for saving the planet
>I don't care, I only want my money, nothing personnel kid

I don't agree with that user, but, c'mon

You know, I've actually sort of grown to accept why Cloud was such a depressed fuck in AC.

Geostigma really sucks. Like it really really sucks.

You don't know what that is, then. Shonen heroes are usually upbeat, and edgy characters are usually violent.

He's brooding in KH, which is a spin off. That's the picture you posted.

He's dying of superAIDS in ABC, which he gets over 3/4 of the way in.

And he doesnt act depressed in Dirge, the game that occurs after Advent Children.

He probably should have said edgy shounen rival character

What's your favorite Cloud line?

>C'mon Cloud, say something
>...something.

>became his default state

Except it didn't. Cloud, the same guy from FFVII, is in FFVII, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, and Advent Children.

He's depressed in AC because he's guilty. But also dying. He gets over both of those things in the film. He doesn't act that way in anything else.

People hate him in KH, which is fair. But the Cloud of FFVII has never acted like the Cloud of KH. They aren't the same character. If he had a different name like Leon maybe it wouldn't stick in everyone's craw so bad.

>I'll chop them off!

Best vidya protag of all time

The problem is that too many people just see that AC version of Cloud. Also not many or at least not enough have played BC or CC either

>Look at that
>That girl in the bikini?

Spinoff where Cloud is part of Shinra security forces and fights enemy soldiers and insurgents and does misc missions with other soldiers when?

Good time to make new lower level SOLDIER, guard, and administrative characters that aren't important to the main plot. Maybe some RPG shootan again.

Laguna FF8 spinoff might be even better

Original Cloud was a badass. Modern Cloud a shit.

People forget that in AC Cloud starts smiling and being himself again when the fighting kicks up. He is essentially a super soldier relegated to a delivery boy in the absence of shit to fight by that time. Even aside from everything else, I'd be depressed too. Tifa tatas can only please so much of a man

>Tifa tatas can only please so much of a man
Tifa's tatas could please a dozen men throughout their lifes. Cloud is simply an ungrateful prick.

So how come Cloud can do some superhuman things sometimes in FF7 but in Advent Children he's basically invulnerable Superman?

>Tifa tatas can only please so much of a man
I think they should be well enough to please everything of a man personally

He was powered up by friendship

Read Case of Tifa. They're kind of awkward and weird around each other. But it's implied they have worked that out at the end of AC.

Because the action was overdone shit.

>Cloud is simply an ungrateful prick.
When?

In Case of Tifa. It's probably just poor communication rather than him actually being ungrateful.

Tifa wants to be more wifey and intimate but Cloud doesn't because he's going through some shit, however in typical Cloud fashion he doesn't explain anything to Tifa so she kind of loses her shit at him and then he leaves.

Oh that. That's just Cloud not knowing how to handle women at all.

No, Cloud also became the world's strongest fighter to anyone's knowledge. He was lost without fulfillment before that. He gets the girl, but he needs something to fight for. Making deliveries on his sick ass motorcycle he could never afford on Guard pay isn't exactly glamrous. I think he still just wants to go do cool shit, referencing stealing the motorcycle and driving it down stairs, snowboarding, and all the other stupid shit he does.

He understands fighting. Women? Not so much.

I like huge dork who gets motion sickness cloud like in CC

Hes still pretty lame. He doesn't know the names of vegetables until after FFVII

>the amount of people itt who think everything that was made after FF7 is the true canon

I just find it hilarious that Cloud became a fucking delivery man.

I think it's more about not giving a flying fuck. Tifa and Cloud both know that they're supposed to pair up but it's pretty hard to keep it up when Cloud acts like an asexual.

He's my favorite FF protagonist. He was goofy and serious. His mystery was the best one in the series. It was intriguing and had a twist. His character came full circle, when at the end he is just a normal guy, but that's a good fact. It's satisfying. That guy had the lightest of steps at that point. Cloud would never talk so openly about his weaknesses like motion sickness with Yuffie before. He was at peace. I find him to be the most human protagonist, never too far in sorrow or joy, always counterbalancing both in small bits here and there.

In the Compilation though I hate him a lot and don't like his appearances.

In BC he's an unholy combination of Zidane and Tidus. I would take the first hour Cloud in AC over this any day.

In AC He's brooding and I just can't see him doing that, when he was the one who said they should let go of Aeris and was so upbeat towards the end in the face of certain doom. He had overcome Jenova already in the game, so the Geostigma excuse rings so hollow to me as well. Mostly I hate that AC redoes Cloud's development again and it's so sloppy about it too and doesn't go to the same length at it either. I could never see AC+ Cloud belly laughing.

In DoC we see Cloud very little. He talks to his bike and tells a sort of joke to Vincent on the phone. I guess the final Yeah! counts. It's still pretty meh to me.

In CC I could say that it's consistent with the Compilation and tries to bridge the gap between them and the original in a believable way. I find it sad that this is necessary. He's quite a bit-player in it, even though you would think his and Zack's friendship should be one of the things the title should focus on among other things. I guess it's nice to see him smile some. To me this was pretty meh as well.

>Ahhh... You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow.
It defined Cloud for me. A thing he would say in the moment and off-guard.

The different type of runner-up would be
>But I am going.

Nothing after FFVII is canon

To me, Cloud was a character that keeps it real and objective but bullshat around now and again if there was time for it.

Not anymore, though.

>In BC he's an unholy combination of Zidane and Tidus
what

I havent played the game in ages.
What was Cloud's motivation again? What made him go from "fuck the planet, im just here for the money" to "lets hunt Sephiroth and savethe world"

Crisis Core is canon though?

In what way?

He thought Sephiroth was dead so when Palmer said he saw him stab President Shinra it triggered his Sephiroth boner

Cloud found himself again. The whole time he was acting like how he thought a first class soldier would act, but when he learned the truth that he was merely impersonating someone he wasn't, he became legit.

>He had overcome Jenova already in the game, so the Geostigma excuse rings so hollow to me as well
Well the difference is that the Jenova stuff was before he finally got real friends and a family and Geostigma was basically a fuck you to that, not to mention that shit is actually contagious.

I do agree with that its sloppy at how it basically does Cloud's character development again though

You do remember the Cloud at the beginning of the game is not actually who Cloud is right?

Character development. He kind of has a revelation after sorting his brain and memories out which let his real personality come out.

He kind of stepped back into the real world and wanted to live again.

Link can beat him in a fight! Cloud is weak! WEAK!

Finished ff7 2 days ago, thought he had good character development.
Then i watched advent children directly afterwards and it ruined everything

He is. He's incredibly annoying and stupid in it. Trying so hard to prove himself and jeopardizing the mission in every way.

I know it's consistent somewhat with the left town to prove himself backstory, while being a fuckup. However this Cloud had none of the calm of his other appearances, which just makes him look like an idiot. He was gratingly happy. A problem he had only in this game. It's certainly revealing to see how Square-Enix saw him before the movie though.

He drove me up the walls though.

Do you think they got his design right?

How much horse semen do you think he uses to keep his hair like that?

hair is wrong

Fuck no. Look at him. He's a goddamn skeleton.

Look at this shit. The fucker behind the remake drew him in this for his SSB4 appearance. He knows how to do Cloud properly but he just fucking refuses.

It's too accurate to his skinny anime drawing

Butchered after how bad he was represented in Advent Children, KH and how he will be in the remake.

he said like a single sentence in the trailer it's amazing how you can tell from just that

Who is directing the remake.

Cloud was weakened in the beginning due to Mako

If they make him progressively more buff then it's on point

Yes, i do

>He had overcome Jenova already in the game, so the Geostigma excuse rings so hollow to me as well
I think it's understandable. He spend all that time fighting Sephiroth's control and then he suddenly gets Jenova AIDS all over again as if all he went through was for nothing. I can see it breaking the hope in a man.

>Fuck no. Look at him. He's a goddamn skeleton.
Are you implying that Cloud in the early art doesn't look thin?

I had a friend explain Cloud to me last night after playing the game only up until Aerith died
He's a fucking idiot?
He's a loser who is not even ex SOLDIER?
And Sephiroth just goes crazy cuz he's a clone?
And Tifa is just good because she has big titties?
This game is shit
Cloud is a faggot lul

Not the guy, but I've already determined Remake Cloud to be shit on the basis that he doesn't react to Jessie's (Apparently she's actually supposed to be Jessica. Oh, this Remake will be agonizing.) explosive in the gameplay trailer and doesn't run away like a normal human being as he did in the original. At least Barret lifted a hand to cover his eyes. I refuse to believe it's just "not done yet" and not an intentional change.

The game will be interesting as Compilation entry for me only.

mate are you okay

He looks off. Not in the sense of 'I don't like how he looks', but in the initial story context of how he's supposed to be a top-of-the-class super soldier, he's definitely off. Kinda scrawny. Childish twink hairdo. Something about his facial features. You can tell there's something wrong here, and it's far more pronounced than in the more cartoony and less detailed original game. Whether that's a good thing for the game's narrative or not, can't judge that before the damn thing is out.

To be fair, he was indeed a tryhard fuckup before his stint in Shinra straightened him out.

>he suddenly gets Jenova AIDS all over again as if all he went through was for nothing
I fucking hate Advent Children.

>He's a fucking idiot?
Before Crisis I would have argued he wasn't.

>He's a loser who is not even ex SOLDIER?
Correct.

>And Sephiroth just goes crazy cuz he's a clone?
It's really shit. You should see the other clones.

>And Tifa is just good because she has big titties?
I would have argued differently before Advent Children

Did your friend tell you after the end of his adventure he becomes a mail man?

All that was present in the original. Cloud is the shortest male protag in FF (along with Zidane) and can canonically pass for a hot girl. That doesn't exactly scream "top class super soldier".

Yes, I'm actually a huge fan of meth addict Cloud, I think it fits the story and atmosphere of FF7 much better. First off, FF7 is set in a genrepunk world, I feel like tons of druggies exist in Midgar. Now, I'm not saying that Cloud is an actual druggie, but he was turned into a super soldier through experimentation and all kinds of mindfuckery, I assume that shit would fuck up your body compared to actual physical training. Additionally, the discolored skin and strong colored veins make it look like mako is flowing through his body. Part of Cloud's story is that he's too much of a weakling to actually become a SOLDIER and this twink fag in your pic looks like the kind of guy who wants to be a hero but skips arm and leg day.

Me

>All that was present in the original.
Yeah, but it's all the more obvious in the remake because of the more detailed graphics and cutscenes.

>Doesn't act edgy in Dirge

Bullshit.

I honestly don't believe it is possible that he would fall to such depths as never answering his phone. The contrast is too vast with the end point Cloud. I will never see it as anything, but an excuse for S-E to portray him as the fangirls did at the time. Nomura has said as much. It lacks believability and integrity for me. They're excuses made after the fact, like not finding the cure for a contagious disease in Denzel and then himself. It's logical but contrived like the rest of the Compilation, which is why I consider the canons separate for myself. Hell, I think everyone but Cid is butchered throughout them. However I'm one of those, who does find the Compilation interesting in its own right, to a lesser degree.

I bet they're gonna make him look healthier after he gets his shit together and remembers who he is.

No more meth addict Cloud.

He's thin, sure, but he looks better.

Look here for a better idea of what I'm trying to get at: There's a difference between being thin and being a fucking skeleton. I'm getting the feeling they modeled him more off the second picture than the first.

I can only hope.

No, what that user is trying to say is that you feel it's off because he's not masculine and looks scrawny.
But that was all your headcanon. Since, literally, in game he's a fucking short twink.

Cloud was supposed to be a shit SOLDIER and is able to pass as a woman even outdoing Aerith and Tifa apparently. He's supposed to look twinky. At least at that early stage of the game

No, no, I realize he looks that way in the original, too. It's just that it's less in your face because the whole game looks rather cartoony, and the ingame 3d models especially aren't to scale and lack detail.

Can we talk about Barrett's fucking radical sunglasses?

I don't think there's anything left to say other than that they're fucking radical.

this is exactly how i feel about cloud's redesign

Getting some serious mixed messages here

get excited it's getting more intense

do me next

youtube.com/watch?v=BOUMiEbkZUM#t=17m40s

youtube.com/watch?v=oMWEjWCwjzM#t=39s

Or do you mean that it's grossly unfair to make a judgment from so little? I think it's an indication, that he will react less and be stoic and mute like in the Compilation. As in he will be actually badass instead of pretending to be cool, which comes off as badass and enjoyable anyway in practice. It won't be Cloud the complex person, just the trope, which was always undermined before, being played plain straight this time. Cloud will be cool and collected to much greater degree. This is the feeling I get. This bodes not that well for Aerith and Tifa.

They are radical, but I feel that stealing another man's gimmick and identity is poor form.

But now they can have sunglass-offs

mate that's a different shot where they're blowing up debris and not the exit door so it was probably a smaller explosive and it's also during the time when Cloud is being controlled by the player since he gets knocked back but Biggs' animations

it's like the new part where Cloud is walking down the street that's just around the corner from where he meets Aeris instead of it transitioning straight there

Why is he wearing them at night?

>but Biggs'
by*

I'm actually a lot more worried about how they're gonna handle Aerith more than anything.

Cloud can be sort of worked with but Square has like been actively pushing this whole holy Saint outlook for Aerith instead of the active, sort of tomboyish girl she was before she got stabbed

>Stealing another man's identity is poor form
Tell that to Cloud.

Yeah, how dare Cloud tell everyone his name is Cloud when he's actually Cloud :^)

See Crisis Core

>Does it feel good?

You mean that positively or negatively

You could tell in that she was more girlfriendy but still independent. After all the shit went down and Zack went missing she just went back to doing her thing by herself.

even with anime logic dis dude needs more muscle for that sword
>must have edge powers

Crisis Core is homosexual fan fiction

Meh.

So he can
So he can

The best character in Sm4sh hands down.

Cloud is a canon homosexual.

pretty chill guy in the original game, terrible character in all the spin-offs

To look cool, why the fuck else do people wear shades?

CloudxBaret >>> CloudxYuffie >>>>>>>>> CloudxAerith > CloudxTifa

>he went through was for nothing

Exactly, I'd say that's pretty shitty writing, but understandable considering the movie was just fan service. They knew if they were bringing the characters back they had to make them exactly the same as in the game which is why Advent Children makes it seem like all the shit we went through in the original story achieved absolutely nothing. Because it didn't if AC is canon.

The dressmaker in Wall Market is surprised a "tough looking guy" would want to dress up as a woman.

>it's wrong for a mercenary to only focus on the job and pay instead of what a good of freedom fighters are fighting for

Just pull the plug on him and FF7. It is done, let it be done, let it stay done. Back in the 90's I use to own FF7 and really enjoyed it, but SE started to pull Clouds face and name on and in nearly everything they made. So it got old very very quick. Companies are to move forward, not backwards.

Yes.

>Barret: "Don't forget your skinny ass is working for AVALANCHE now!"

The days are gone where Squaresoft used to shit out quality rpg's from a range of franchises like it was nothing. Now they can only exploit characters they came up with when they had actual talent.

It's worth noting that the mopey edge shit came around for Advent Children because of fans.
>Tetsuya Nomura explained that while Cloud was depicted as a more upbeat character at the end of Final Fantasy VII, he chose to have Cloud be a character fans would find more familiar, and the script was written to explain why Cloud had returned to such a frame of mind.
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife
The source the wiki uses for this claim is the Artbook.

So yeah, autistic fanfic writers who kept making shit of Cloud not getting over Aerith are to blame.

Because SE is no longer acting in thought of their customers, we have nothing to fear.

>This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.