What went wrong?

What went wrong?

your shit taste?

Shut the fuck up

maybe your life went wrong gaylord

It included the wrong modern gimmicks. There's nothing fun about seeing the same glory kill animation over and over. Apart from that it was okay, it'll be better than Quake Champions for sure.

Underage detected.

OP BTFO

Probably Bethesda. Game itself is fun, and technically well made.
I really enjoyed it, but you know... fuck all those challenges/upgrades/runes and whatnot.

I just wanted to slay tons of enemies with guns, maybe an alt-fire and that's it, not building the doomguy piece by piece like some weekly issue from a newsstand

denuvo, you need to Defeat all enemies in a room to progress and glory kills(aka press a button to insta kill )

Outsourcing the MP

Everything else in the game feels like it was made by experts, but that part of the game feels like it was made by a generic Activision shovelware studio

>I really enjoyed it, but you know... fuck all those challenges/upgrades/runes and whatnot.
>I just wanted to slay tons of enemies with guns, maybe an alt-fire and that's it, not building the doomguy piece by piece like some weekly issue from a newsstand

This, if they didn't waste time on this stuff they could've easily had the actual shooting and combat as best as it could be.

neo-Cred Forums everybody

MP sucked dick. Really sucked dick.

it had a good campaign but thats about it. everything else sucked. Its worth picking up on sale though

Nothing.

GOTY for me (so far), really love it.

fun n' smooth gameplay
god-tier graphics
god-tier optimisation

feels like the first properly made game in years. any other games using the same engine in the near future?

Tells shitposters to fuck off?

I like neo Cred Forums

Quake Champions

Really a shame idtech doesn't seem like it's ever going to be licensed outside Bethesda any more.

Not much really. It was the best 1st person shooter in years (which isn't saying much but still).

Solid 8/10 game.

It doesn't matter that it wasn't as good as the classic games. Neither was Doom 3 and I still enjoyed that.

nothing as far as I know

The whole game industry.
This is the absolute best rendition of doom possible to do with the current western designers etc, and well, not very good.

Carmack had the nippon touch because he autistically studied super mario 3 to clone its physics etc.. and learned several, several lessons in the process.
But this doom don't have it.

Outsourced MP. Literally everything else was great.

when does the game get good?
I'm on the second level currently and it still feels really slow.
enemies don't feel like threats at all, they all just kind of fumble about and let you kill them at your leisure.

Do you play on Ultra Violence. Have you run into hell knights yet?

I chose hurt me plenty, I quit part way through the second level so no hell knights yet.
The pacing is just getting me down, I had the same trouble with the demo which was that terrible first level.
Should I just restart on ultra violence?

Nothing, it's better than old Doom, which hasn't aged well

Classic Doom was good at the time but if you seriously believe it's a good game in 2016 you're deluding yourself

Yeah go with the highest difficulty you can. The first levels only have easy enemies. It gets much harder in the later stages, though the last boss is a bit underwhelming.

Remember when Cred Forums didn't shit on everything?

id Software has been dead and gone for ages. I expected nothing from nu-Doom. What I got was surprisingly decent. Stages were few but interesting with rising complexity as the game goes on. Weapons felt good and were interesting. The upgrade system is cool. Movement was fast and with newly added vertical scaling which made for great stage exploration. There were secrets and collectables everywhere. I thought the finishers system would ruin it but it actually had the opposite effect. The finishers are a great addition to the game. Also the rune system weapon upgrade system was a nice way to add RPG elements without experience levels and stat scaling. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only place it fell flat was the multiplayer. What the fuck were they thinking?

I only played Doom for the first time last year and it's definitely better.

Not really, but at least they weren't spamming buzzwords once.

Nothing?

Its pretty widely accepted the Multi player is shit thats because bethesda outsourced it to a shit dev.

Single player game itself is really fun and well put together. People who bitch about "Oh its just running from one room encounter to the next." Well no shit, what do you think the original doom was? Running from mob filled room to the next.

All in all fun game, would rate 8/10

It's literally an arena shooter.
Go into area, doors are locked, kill all enemies, go to the next area, repeat until the end

That's it. Keep shitposting

You've been making this thread the last 5 days at least
I would ask you if you have anything to do besides shitpost on the interwebs but you clearly don't
Check my 5

Contrarian shit-heads blinded by nostalgia

Really nothing. It's the best FPS since Half-Life and Unreal.

I gave up trying to defend this game. I like it but its pretty clear the people that don't will whine about the game until the end of eternity.

On one hand it's better than other shooters right now since it discards a lot of the tired FPS game tropes of the last 10 years for an alternative gameplay loop that works.

On the other it's crammed with shitty modern AAA design decisions.

Nothing.

Best FPS since TNO

shorten the length of the animations

they seem far to slow and bog down gameplay

like the devs really wanted you to appreciate the lengths they went to in order to animate all those executions
every
single
fucking
time

this is a problem with modern gaming in general, they force players to watch an animation in order to progress instead of executing the action in a reasonable amount of time (1sec or less, less preferably)

modern design nonsense shitting up what could have been a decent shooter
contextual everything
2/3 of the levels are extremely linear with loads of points of no return, encounters play out the same way every time
guns aside from the pistol and gauss are all balanced down and overlap in function
enemies are less interesting and less effective somehow than the 1993 original
armour is literally a second health bar
the whole thing is half baked, the ending literally feels like it should have been the halfway point.

There's an upgrade that makes them 3 times faster around the first quarter of the game.

The Johns grew old, millenials and youtubers. In that particular order.

DELETE THIS

>like the devs really wanted you to appreciate
>every time you press a button i flick a switch they just have to take away control and show you their hot shit switch flicking animation
there isn't much that rustles my jimmies more

no

I thought this would bug me having been hating the game for it since e3. The thing is though they're not slow mo like the trailers made us believe. So with how fast they fly by and the fact that 90% of them are just a punch, the only one that seems to get grating is the manacubus. Is the only over elaborate one and no matter where I do the glory kill from, it seems to do the same 1 of 2.

The animations are 1 second at the absolute max, and if you try to move during them you can usually break out after 50-75% of the animation has played, so less than half a second. That's without the increased speed rune, which takes it down to like 0.3 seconds or something. It is a complete non-issue.

yea mane i know it

like animate all your superfluous movements and all but like speed up the time it takes to finish
i fucking hate waiting for the game to let me do an action because the previous one i was doing isnt done yet

SP was okay but mostly felt like "walk from glowing enemy to glowing enemy while watching the glory kill animations over and over". MP was ass.

Not to mention that at any given time you are playing NuDOOM you could be playing Brutal DOOM instead.

>Brutal DOOM

Brutal DOOM was nu-DOOM before nu-DOOM was even conceived of

> execute
> game locks your view on your target as if to say "LOOK AT THIS FUCKING SHIT WHILE IT'S HAPPENING NO DONT LOOK OVER THERE LOOK AT THIS WHILE IT'S HAPPENING AND WAIT UNTIL IT'S DONE YOU BETTER BE PATIENT"

>turn off weird low health glowing enemy effect
>completely forgot about glory kills

For 0.3 seconds.

It's another shitty shooting gallery game.

It plays no different from any other FPS campaign, but Cred Forums praises it because they think it's like the original Doom despite not even being born when the original Doom came out.

Nothing... DOOM revived a dead franchise and brought it into the modern era seemlessly without any of the stuff which made the original boring. It's the most epic and visceral game this year, maybe even this decade.

F*ck the haters... whether you like it or not this is the real DOOM now.

the one fucking thing they could have brought back from doom 3 was the interactive computer monitor stuff and they went with canned animations instead

nigger you're fucking high
Doom and Doom 2 are still fucking classics

>People are still complaining about the glory kills
They fit well with the game's theme and are very brief. Most don't even take a second of your time and are overall pretty satisfying to do. Did I also mention that you don't have to do them on every single fucking enemy?

t. someone who's played the originals before playing Doom 2016

The only blasphemy about them is that you gotta perform one mandatory glory kill animation on the Cyberdemon in order to progress through his bossfight

keep in your executions but make them faster
that's it

this

People also forget there is a freaking rune that makes it even faster

Arrow to the knee meme

You can make them faster by getting a rune that makes them faster. The longest ones end up taking like half a second at best once you get it.

Your life, faggot.

It's already too damn fast.

People seem to forget you literally don't have to do them at all.

In Ultra-Nightmare (and even in Nightmare) they're a fucking death sentence unless you absolutely need health.

no mod tools
fuck snapmap

The "whole game is one arena after another!" meme needs to stop.

I'll admit, the last sixth of the game in hell was clearly rushed to meet a deadline, because it is one arena battle after the other. Anyone saying otherwise about the rest of it hasn't played the game.

Only thing I didn't like is "the way to continue is shut off and you need to kill a bunch of annoying enemies in this room for it to open sorry lol"

>get fucked in the ass by Bethesda because enemies now have 20% more hp tapped due glory kill gimmick
>and if you don't kill them after they are stunned they recover 50% of all hp

Weapons have zero impact on enemies, especially shotgun which should kill everything it moves, they doesn't even flinch.
You can't play this game without glory kills unless you want to experience border "bullet sponge "lands 2 (aka enemies have gazillion hp)

>if you don't kill them after they are stunned they recover 50% of all hp
They do not recover health on higher difficulties

>shotgun which should kill everything it moves, they doesn't even flinch.
SSG kills anything short of a Baron in 3-4 point blank shots.

it was satisfying for 1h, but after that you only see same fucking animations all over again it's so fucking boring and annoying at the same time. Game is build around glory kills since if you don't kill them with glory kills you will waste much more ammo if you kill them, if not then they will recover half their health. What the actual fuck? Also enemy health pool is way too big, i felt like i'm playing borderlands 3, none of weapons except plasma canon felt like they had any impact or dealt damage to enemies. You need several shotgun shells to kill anything which is bigger than imps.

>People seem to forget you literally don't have to do them at all.

Fucking retard, game is build around Glory kills, They have 20% hp tapped due that gimmick while they should die instantly, it forces you to either waste much more ammo to kill them or if you don't kill them instantly they recover 50% of their hp.

How it's not forced? Same with recovering ammo using chainsaw, both are forced on player to use them. Chainsaw to recover ammo, glory kill to not waste ammo since every enemy besides imps and flaming skulls are bullet sponges.
Fucking Bethesda employers are now on Cred Forums too...

>but after that you only see same fucking animations all over again it's so fucking boring and annoying at the same time.
Nigga the game has a billion animations, you just gotta aim for different body parts/approach enemies from different angles to see them, and if you're near walls, you can see unique animations where doomguys squashes the fags against them.

>Game is build around glory kills since if you don't kill them with glory kills you will waste much more ammo if you kill them
That's somewhat true, but hey it's doom, you're there to shoot the demons, wasting ammo with them is kind of part of the deal.

>none of weapons except plasma canon felt like they had any impact or dealt damage to enemies.
Okay now you gotta be kidding me. You're telling me you didn't point-blank any demon with the SSG, or deploy the 3-minigun mod for the chaingun, or use the siege mode gauss gun? You're missing out my dude.

Glory kills become much more satisfying when you can use them to traverse the area. Probably my favorite part about them. Yes, it's true. You have to glory kill. They leave enough health on the demon so you don't mistakenly shoot it. You do get invincible frames. So if do it at the right time you can negate incoming attacks. Upgrading your weapons even though it sucks provides the most damage output. The best weapons is a fully upgraded super shotgun and rocket launcher with the detonator attachment.

I'm totally satisfied with one arena after another. If it didn't click for you when what's his face said the arenas are like skate parks. Traversing the is probably the most important part to playing the game. It's fun to have an environment that is just as fun as shooting. if you're sticking to one piece of the arena trying to defend yourself instead of going on offense then you aren't playing it right.

literally no one thinks this way. stay mad though.

Cred Forums was created

>They do not recover health on higher difficulties
Except for when they do. Which is every time.

>Shoot demon
>He gets staggered
>Recovers
>Shoot him again
>He dies
uh huh

>They do not recover health on higher difficulties

>>Recovers
Which is it?

"Recovers" as in "stops being staggered", not "replenishes health"

They do regenerate health, though.

But they don't, user.

recovers from the stun

Why are you lying to me on the internet? What do you get out of it?

Everything. It's a complete disgrace to the Doom series, and even if it were a new IP it would be a 2/10 shitpile of an fps at best.

Honestly I don't know if they recover health or not because I don't let any of them live long enough anyway.

Just fucking shoot them until they're dead, dude.

The color pallet but I'm hoping somebody will mod it. Also add multiplayer weapons into campaign. Also the fact that they advertised the multiplayer which probably affected their sales.

Otherwise it's great.

One thing i'm sure we can all agree with is that is it's one of the best programmed PC games in the history of PC gaming.

You're going too far.
It's pretty optimized sure but I still pirated it because it has Denuvo therefore no modding tools.

I wanted an endless mode where I can just kill for hours.