Paladins

Lets talk seriously for once.

Why are almost all people playing team based games literally retarded?
Why can't your allies for once be competent and buy the upgrades that are needed? The enemy team has 3 shield generator and absolutely non of the retards buy the anti-shield upgrade.

Also Victor is the best Paladin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9MGHgpTv9w
youtube.com/watch?v=4Vh7meILGMM&index=11&list=LLcQi8IWijBger3xuTzwHgng
twitter.com/PaladinsGame/status/782979573105430529?lang=en-gb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when will people be smart like me and stop playing these shitty multiplayer games?

The games themselves aren't the problem. It's the matchmaking and that they attract a lot of people who have a higher shoe size than their IQ is the problem.

The players in that game are one of the worst that i have ever seen.
F2P games breed autism.

All team games are like this. F2P, P2P, it doesn't matter. Most people don't have the mindset for actual group work.
>Why not play fighting games or something like that
Most people don't have the ability to accept accountability for wins and losses or the desire to actually improve.

Every time you boot up an online shooter you're signing yourself up for the retard rodeo. Just remember OP, you are just some anonymous windowlicker to somebody else wondering why their teammates are so stupid.

The answer is you're all retarded.

It doesn't help that i live in a country that's close to the CIS region, so getting matched with slavshits is guaranteed.

> team consists of 3 squishy long distance mono cible dps

It's because if every time you play you say your teammates sucks, the problem is actually you. There is only one common element in all your games, and that's you.

Had a player the other day ask me how I'd afforded the second level of chronos. They were left flabbergasted when I told them you get points for being on the point and for being around the payload. They were playing as the sniper.

RUCKUS IS FUN

FUN

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GO FULL RETARD WITH HIS SHIELD

>all of them picked the defense upgrade instead of damage/reload/shield damage upgrade
>Fernando picked the 5% damage upgrade despite being the tank and holding up his shield for most of the game
>damage dealer don't stand behind Fernando's shield

Worst of all is that this doesn't feel good even when it's in the enemy team because it feels awful to play against such a team even if you're dominating like never before.

Pretty sure when you're the only one standing on the objective while your sniper goes into close quarter with an enemy tank while not having bought a single upgrade even after 3 minutes of the game is not at fault here.

You're good. I have never seen anyone use the chat or the voice command in the game. And I've at level 19 right now so I played a shitload of games.

I have yet to play one match where I am not the only person standing on the point. Its incredibly frustrating.

That wouldn't be that bad if your team was actually doing their job, so they keep you save while you're standing on the point.

But that happens once in 10 games if you're super lucky.

Someone would think that the damage dealer would attack the biggest scrubs in the game, but it turns out it's actually the flankers. They were probably buttannihilated by a good Skye so now they want to be the one doing the "epic" plays.

anyone up for some casual? i normally get 300ping anyway so it doesnt matter where youre from
ign is PureIAutism, i play properly, buy the right cards and can fullfill any role so frustration will be minimal

Christ this sounds kind of like a shitty resume fuck me

>300ping
Sounds about right. Hi-Rez bought servers on the moon as it seems.

nah im just Australian, so im forced to deal with foreign servers for comp or a 2hour queue time, casual i occasionally get an aussie server but they normally have between 60 and 100 ping anyway

Eh, I just play as support and keep myself and anyone on the point alive with heals. Ying is pretty fun. Setting up two illusions and then getting Fernando to turn around so they shatter behind his back is pretty fun. Poor bastards turn around so quickly after losing such a big chunk of health.

>Why are almost all people playing team based games literally retarded?
Nah, that's every shitter mentality
People on team games just tend to point out other people's mistakes because that's easier than blaming yourself

So basically, you can't point out that people are making mistakes or you're a shitter?
Okay user, as you say.

Its always esier to reflect on what other people are doing then what you are doing.
Imagine if you saw a replay of some rando playing with a name youve seen before, you would see alot more mistakes then if you were playing yourself, or possibly even if that rando had your name

You can, it's just that you will never point out yours and that's what makes you the shitter that you are

I assume its due to it being so new.
Balance in cards is busted, people try 1v1ing my buck when I have 70% lifesteal on recover with item, and 30% extra heals when hp is less then 1/2.
1 good ulti shot and I'm basically full hp.

Play comp, its better there.

Except that's irrelevant because I never said I don't make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, including me.
I pointed out that most people are extremely bad at those games, with an obvious exaggeration.

If at the start of the hero picking stage almost the whole team insta-selected the damage dealer, and that happens almost every single game, then no, it's not me who is the shitter, it's them. If the game allowed for a character to be the tank, support, flanker and damage dealer at the same time, then maybe I could have done something to pull out the fuckup of the team, but as it stands, I can just play two roles at most meaning we stand no chance against any semi-competent team.

Except I never said I don't make mistakes.
But at least I don't make the most basic mistakes like picking the defense upgrade on a sniper or damage upgrade on a tank at the start of the match.

play comp, people actually care there.

It's a matter of perception. Miscommunications are bound to occur in team based games, and usually both parties blame the other. The result is that everyone thinks everyone else is retarded. Everyone thinks they are better than everyone else, when that is very rarely the case

>comp

Paladins competitive is a mess.

How so?

You need 12 heroes on mastery level 5 to unlock comp. I'm pretty sure I didn't even unlock 12 heroes.
I invest all my money into making Victor look good and got the robot and tree guy and Buck.

What's an OP build?

>competitive Paladins
What's next, competitive Battleborn?

mastery 4*
never said you were bad or anything.....

Pretty sure there is no miscommunication in the example in the OP.
If the enemy is shield heavy, you pick the anti-shield upgrade. Period. A sniper has no use for 10% extra defense or vampire attack.
An anti-shield upgrade makes you deal 50% more damage against shield on lvl 1, 150% on lvl 3.
Regular damage upgrade is a miserable 15% on lvl 3 which is nothing against a 6k health shield.

i Heard Aggresion is worse then Deft Hands unless you are playing something like Grover anyway. bigger DPS increase on Deft Hands

>tfw fell for the Bomb King meme
how does one win with bk

You stop being a BadKid and start being a BombKing
Bomb King is great

One repicks

I agree. It's incredibly satisfying to end the match with most shielding, most objective points and most kills.

Yeah, it takes a bit of time. Took me 4-5 days. But, it is way better, probably because of that.

Yeah, any solo q style comp is fucking retarded no matter what game you are playing. But people play obby and focus on winning via teamwork 100x more then quickplay.

Pick Viktor
Learn basic FPS gameplay
Win

You cant, hes shit

Does anyone know how you get skins and other outfits? I know it requires gold but you also need runes or some shit too. When do you start getting those?

Jolt 4 bomb king
Propel+wyrm 4, masterful 2 Drogoz

You need Gold OR Crystals. Gold is won via matches, Crystals are bought via real money.

Always, ALWAYS buy shit with Gold if possible.

If it shows gold and crystals, the price is either or. Just ignore the outfits tab entirely, you have to buy the head and body separate for gold now.

You need gold OR gems, not both. The game is obtuse about that

When you pay money for them. Or login every day for five weeks (earning 50 premium credits per week) for free.

Its crytals OR gold
There are some cosmets where the only options is crystals
Gotta buy them, or long in multiple days in a row

this

PvP is just garbage. If you are a normal gamer and not an unemployed man child you don't have time to play with friends.

If you are an adult and want to play with other irl friends games, you are retarded. You could build a company with them, or do other non degenerated adult stuff, but playing games with them is just retarded.

So as an adult you only have the option to play random. Playing with randoms against other randoms is never good. Either your team has more retards or the other team.

The only good hero shooter as of now is Battleborn and the only reason for this is its Player vs NPC Story mode. But if you want a great PvE "rpg/hero" shooter experience with other, play Borderlands 2/TPS.

Post the elf already

user, im pretty sure all females exept kinessa are elves

Cassie ain't no dirty knife ear.

w-w-well i never said i was definitely certain

>get into character selection
>whole team picks damage dealers
>go with ruckus for some tank
>round starts, rush to point
>get to point
>shoot enemy team, they kill me
>where the fuck is my team
>they're all standing back and shooting at the enemy from afar
>enemy team has lol shields
>they push the cart into our base
>my team is clinically afraid of getting near the cart or any of the enemies
>we lose hard
I fucking hate people afraid of dying in a video game.

unlock comp
just had a match where our team was argueing over slight parts of team composition
we won
i played bk

I like the individual card setup and how you can specialize your champion to one specific thing.
>stay in the sky forever as drogoz
>spam grumpy bomb as bomb king
>heal like a madman as ghork

>Literally at 95
>Stop pushing the Objective
Just stay on the Objective you pieces of shit.

Get comp, people want to win

>enemy team get objective to 99
>wipe them and cap it ourselves
Felt good.

Fun to kill as Skye.

>wrecker
>come behind and tear through his anus in a second while he's distracted

never though a post on the internet could give me diabetes

the ONLY reason paladin threads get any fucking traction on this website is because most Cred Forumsirgins are broke and it's F2P

You can't pirate Overwatch obviously so Paladins threads actually have people in it. Ignore the fact that most of Cred Forums dislike Overwatch and should rightly dislike Paladins even more

>don't like playing support classes
>have to because everybody else always picks the cod soldier guy or the other meme classes

i love this game but fuck the people who play it

Paladins may not be as polished, but its the much better game. Overwatch is too slow.

Paladins is much faster paced than Overwatch. Also paladins competitive mode is solo queue only, compared to Overwatch's premade stomp fest.

solo queue is a pain

Because most people playing team based games suck and just want to be carried to victory because they can't handle free for all games.

Because the people who are good at it realized that they would have to play with idiots and quit.

I played overwatch during the beta but didn't feel like buying it. Playing paladins for 30 minutes made me buy overwatch

>play barik
>don't buy items, because fuck you im barik
>match starts, i'm already on the point
>place barrier and turret, only one on point as the rest of the team shoots from the other side of the fucking map
>fernando with building damage item thinks he can stop me
>shoot that faggot in his stupid face as I build a second turret on the other side of him
>his whole team gets destroyed by my turrets because of the barrier
>androxus on my team had the balls to talk shit and tell me to buy items
>eventually win match
>get all golds, most work on team, and most credits
>"fuck you im barik"
this game is so fucking easy like holy shit

You don't. He is beyond bugged. Which is a shame, he is one of the more interesting characters.

Because the general population is fucking literally retarded.

I've been working retail for nearly a decade, and yes I'm a fucking retard for being in the industry that long, and people in general are fucking retards.

Such a basic thing as reading comprehension, as in reading a sale tag, comprehending what it means, and asking questions to the store staff if anything is unclear is simply beyond your average person. They will look at a tag that says 'Buy One, Get One 50%,' walk up to me, put their garbage on the counter, and tell me the prices for everything, including that the BOGO item they just looked at isn't BOGO 50%, but just a flat 50% off.

These are grown ass adults with actual serious jobs and they are fucking retards. Thus since gamers are part of the general population, it stands to reason that there are just as many fucking retards in gaming as there are in real life.

Not to mention that gaming seem to want to encourage people to be retarded.

>tfw I'm just being Ying making people like you feel better about themselves with unlimited healing
>tfw you don't even notice I'm there and I'm the reason you won in the first place

fpbp

enjoy your mindless grindy slogs of shit while you desperately play ranked to increase meaningless numbers

Suck my dick, knife ear

>they're all standing back and shooting at the enemy from afar
>enemy team has lol shields
This shit has won me so many games.
If we don't have a shield user, I'll pick one and just exert my dominance on the point.
Everyone is perfectly happy to plink away at my shields without the shield breaker item while I cap it for free.
If they do have a shield user, I just buy the shield buster item first and if I can't force myself onto the point safely I'll just bust through the other guy's shield in seconds before taking my spot back.
Sure shields lose a little effectiveness once the cart starts moving, but when they're as strong as they are initially losing a little effectiveness is nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=z9MGHgpTv9w

you think the links to videos from paladins itself would help eh?

BEHOLD

>ying player thinking they do anything
>90% of the time they are a mile away from the point, healing themselves
It's a good thing health refills overtime, because you're lazier than you think. Plus, Barik's turrets can just heal him.

It's the problem with any competetive spot. Look at sports we all know who the real good players are on the team. Yet credit is given to Nobody McWhothefuck every time a championship is won. This, is the same with video games. Some sorry fuck lands himself in Plat because he got his ass carried by actually good players and he starts to think he's good. Yet he plays alone and can't win a single game against bronzies. The excuse is always the random but the only consistent thing in all of his games is the fact that he was in them.. everyone else's fault right?

Becuase they're strangers on the internet.

Your description applies to all of those.

> someone picks tank
> pick healer to support him, rest of the team picks dps because of muh epic killz
> 2 seconds before game starts
> tank repicks and takes a muh epic dps too
> we get stomped within 4 minutes
How come people still havent realized that tanks are the most important picks and dps in most of the cases the least important and there is rarely a need for more than 1?

Ying is for _______

the good skins can't be bought with gold tho

>Ying main
>Pretty much let my dick decide who to main

Shes pretty Op tho

Does anyone know if the shield breaker item stacks with Drogoz' Q's bonus shield damage?
If it does the guy is extremely OP

why not try it for yourself
given, his q is pretty weak

precisely why I would suggest a 3~ min video.

>wasting shots on shields

This and too many tanks do not chase the objective. There's only been one time I've won a game with All dps and that was because we were on discord.

sexual

Because it's f2p. Retards, kids and huehues flock to that shit.

>not trying to get rid of the shields as soon as possible to steamroll the team
fucking idiot

>implying OW didnt have its share of retards aswell

>play with 3 friends
>1 tank
>1 support
>2 dps
>random is free to pick whatever he wants
>15 win streak
Such is life.

It does for him and bomb kings 200% bonus shield damage, but you shouldn't be playing him like that. His q is garbage. Drogoz is strong because he moves around the map at quake speeds. Get propel and wyrm 4, with masterful 2 to get resets and lung capacity 1 so your combo actually reaches a target. It basically makes him the best flanker in the game that can also tank bust.

Hey if I can bust through that spanish bastard's shield with a single salvo then I'm totally fucking doing it.

the raw damage is definitely subpar, but the larger blast radius and bonus shield damage give it a purpose

>seriously actually bothering to play a western dev game that is called just "Paladins"
>nevermind that it's a assfaggotsshooter
>nevermind that it's riding the fad bandwagon

why can't you people grasp even the simplest most obvious red flags
no wonder videogames relentlessly devolve worse and worse every year, NOBODY seems to care enough to JUST NOT PLAY

Honest question, why do you keep playing team games then? I had similar feelings so I started playing fighting games.

>FP2
>Clone game
>Multiplayer

Just another game that will die in a month or less

Honestly, the playerbase seems to have got better since release and are actually doing the objective. It pissed me off how many people just stood there by the objective as we lose.

well it's a good thing the game is called Paladins: Champions of the Realm, then

>Drogoz is strong because he moves around the map at quake speeds.
Fuck that does sound fun.
I usually play Pip because I like his kit and I took the bait, but I do like to play dragon Pharah on those rare occasions that someone insta-locks a support and we don't have a tank so thanks for giving me an idea on how to play him better.

>why are people playing video games reeee

Just like Overwatch :^)

It's fun

>caring this much about a f2p OW clone

Its fun to play for a week and the toss it out, sort of like OW. Videogames have been dead for a decade now regardless

to bad shes not bare feet

who buys items? i see no point in it

>ruining my hobby because you are stupid enough to think it's """fun"""

It's not "your hobby". I own literally thousands of games and have almost certainly been playing longer than you. Get fucked.

You're the only one who is ruining your own hobby, just stop caring about what others think/do.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Vh7meILGMM&index=11&list=LLcQi8IWijBger3xuTzwHgng

Paladins is better than Overwatch, prove me wrong.
You can't.

You'd think autists would be good at the game

I fucking love rye bread.

fucking 10/10 reveiw

You are on borrowed time, kiddo.

Yeah, until Hi-Rez realise they need to be more aggressive with their F2P shit to make money so ruin the game.

But until then it's fun

The only thing HiRez is going to sell is cosmetics other than the founders/champ pack. People playing the lottery for rare chest skins will fund the game for everyone else that doesn't need to spend a dime. They already can't go as jewish as LoL with its champs that take $10 a piece or 50+ hours to unlock.

I'd like to think that's true, but I doubt it. My guess is they'll change the business model to make grinding for heroes more painful to encourage more people to pay.

I don't fucking get where the "OW vs. Paladins" shit comes from

Paladins is a clone of Overwatch and it is F2P, the novelty will last even less than Overwatch's popularity

Contrarian clone games are just there as long as the main ride is still active

F2P games do not last long, they eventually become P2W shit or they just become forgotten

So why would you play a game that it is the combination of both?

Its been years and they haven't yet in smite. People like buying stupid cosmetics.

>I don't fucking get where the "OW vs. Paladins" shit comes from
to bait fools like you into replying

I can see Paladins sticking around. It's really fun, and their competitor is both ridiculously high priced and not on Steam.

Their community manager is ridiculously attractive: twitter.com/PaladinsGame/status/782979573105430529?lang=en-gb

I mean, seriously, what the fuck

How do you find out what the other team has purchased?

My game doesn't look anything like that.
Also how can I get back on the horse?

Frontliners are easily the MOST desirable for objective based missions (aka the entire game). They deal dmg, they fuck people's shit up, they sit on the point. What's not to love?

Fuck those assholes that do what you described.

Press tab.

Press tab and it shows.

>Frontliners are easily the MOST desirable for objective based missions (aka the entire game)
And a good Victor.
Seriously, with his sprint, good damage, low cooldown grenade he's one of the best, if not best character in the game. He obviously can't win games alone and needs a frontliner, but a good Victor will make the game easy modo for all his allies if they aren't completely retarded.
He punishes the enemy if they group up because his grenade gets almost no cooldown after hitting 5 enemies. He punishes them for splitting up because of quake speed and hit and run.
Upgrades to his gun give either extra ammo which is great or give you some ammo on elimination or kill, which is great again and happens pretty often.

But then there comes Slav McSlavberg and thinks he's hot shit, instapicks him and goes 0/20 while complaining about his team on Slavespeek.

paladins still needs you to create a hi rez account and use their launcher

Viktor gets his ass beat by every flanker in the game, skill being equal.

I have yet to see that happen, skill being equal.

Solution? Go play a 1v1 game. Like a fighting game.

Stop being a pussy, The reason you play team games is because you WANT to bitch about your team every time you lose.

>game gets announced before Overwatch
>Victor was shown before OW even got talked about
>hurr this game is just an OW clone

That being said, the game needs work. Game is unbalanced out the ass. Cassie, can straight up two shot people without the damage card and no need for armor/shield pen. Kinessa, can shoot you in the foot and instagib you. Victor, needs to do more damage. Until he has ult he is nothing to fear. BombKing, is fun as fuck but he's just way too underpowered. Pip, does absurd damage but his heal is shit. Groot, or whatever the fuck his name is.. Is a tank, damage dealer, healer. Which is just stupid. Buck, is actually pretty balanced. He does his job well and can dominate shitters solo. Abraxus.. Abrakadabra... whatever the fuck his name is, he's pretty good. Damage seems right for his low hp trade off his ult is pretty useless tho. His other abilities are better by a lot. It's like the opposite of, Reaper. Where Reapers main abilities are really just about him getting in or getting out and his ult is the thing to worry about. Abra, can shit on kids with his main abilities. The rest are either really good at their role but need tweaks or completely useless and kinda just need to be redone.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

>playing as flying cursed gunslinger
>gold objective time
>meanwhile some ginger bitch with a bird and a spaniard are chasing Skye
It's like they're trying to lose.
On an other note share your cards or items build.

this. I play smite and playing duo-queue with my riend is suffering because we run into absolutely brain-dead and oblivious people.

I can't even farm as hunter to carry people in time because they've usually fed the enemy too much for me to keep up, then if I'm mage, they get fed off everyone else but myself and my friend and end then I get dived because their tanks are 4 levels ahead with protection.

>>meanwhile some ginger bitch with a bird and a spaniard are chasing Skye
It's more likely that the Skye is being a nuisance to Cassie because it's her job to annoy snipers and pick off anyone with lower health.

The only character I enjoy playing in this game is Bomb King.

I started playing him and he's fun, but not the only fun character.

I also need to change my name but fuck paying $10.

He's saying that Paladins was shown and announced before Overwatch. Victor was shown before Soldier RandomNumber from Overwatch.
Yet people are saying how Paladins is the clone despite being shown first and not changing much since then.
When in reality both Overwatch and Paladins borrow a lot of design choices from Hi-Rez's other game, Global Agenda or something. But Blizzard can't any wrong so even GA is a clone of Overwatch.

My only problem with him is that he's bugged as fuck. Sometimes the skill bomb won't propel you properly, other times your bombs won't deal damage despite the enemy being literally on top of them.

What exactly is bomb king doing when he reloads?

Opening a part of his arms and getting more bombs out of them.

>Playing videogames

Get a life, nerds

I want to marry her

I'm talking about his comments on the game's balance, I don't care about the Overwatch thing, OW is shit anyway.

this deserves a well-earned (you)

The problem you have is expecting people other thna yourself to play like you, or play similar enough to you. From experience in many competitive games (cs:go dota dota 2 league overwatch paladins smite) the only way to win is to just come to terms that you're the ONLY reason you will win - maybe sometimes you'll have a decent guy on your team, but you should NEVER expect it.

Others just don't like the genre or fail to improve though, sad because I fall into the first.

>Anime poster

I think it's more the presentation side of things that makes people side with Overwatch over Paladins on some things.

I like both games, but for example I think Reinhardt is a much more likeable and better looking/sounding character than Fernando. His while Puerto Rican pretty boy thing just comes off as grating.