Budgeting

With so many games coming out in the next couple of months, how do you plan on affording everything?

Simple, I only buy the good ones.

There is literally nothing I care about until February next year.
4 months of fucking nothing.
I'll probably take a break from gaming entirely.

Easy, I'll afford them next year like how I'm currently getting last year's games for $10-20

Never buy any game new. Give it a year or so to drop in price or wait for a good sale.

I work hard to earn money, and I save most of it by living at my parents giant house

Thus I have tons of spending money I can use to buy new games

but then you won't have enough time to play them unless you constantly drop them hardly completing anything

Pretty sure the last game I'll be buying this year will be Gears 4 (Or possibly Dead Rising 4). I might consider FFXV but the Platinum demo definitely didn't make me want it as much as I thought I did.

I work 10 hour days so I have about 4-5 hours of playtime a day.
I also get 2 days off each week

>tfw play 16 hours/day and still stuck in an infinite backlog and hardly able to keep up with new vidya

Well, I hardly play new video games anymore, maybe 1-2 each month

I only play LoL and currently Baldurs Gate

>how do you plan on affording everything?

I'm not a neet. I got a job. I make around $550 every week after taxes. Not the best paying job but it pays the bills and my hobbies.

The only game I'm going to buy in the upcoming months is Pokemon SM.

>tfw I make around 650 a month

These threads always boil down to people making shit up about how much they earn and how easy their jobs are in hopes of making others envious. And NEETs whining about how they couldn't finish high school or college like that matters.

That being said I've been unemployed for 5 months so I've bought my last game for the year and will play emulated or free stuff for the rest.

get a better job

Easy, my toaster can't even run skyrim so I won't be playing anything new for the next few years

I'm apprenticing currently, it's not like I have another option

hang in there, friend

Thanks man, I'll try

Besides, it's refreshing to have to go back to school
Sure it's different this time but man

I have a short list of vidya I absolutely have to get. Altogether it totals about 120-180 dollars.

That must be one small list, that or your pricing is based off used games.

By having a job...
Seriously my pay ain't anything amazing (graduate tier salary) but after rent, taxes and basic needs I still have £1400 to spend per month. More than enough for a vidya fix.

Get jobs scrubs.

There's like 4, maybe 5 games I'm anticipating that come out relatively soon.

Plus I still have college grant money left over.

- rent
- taxes
- basic needs

It's time to move to red coat land.

Is there even anything good coming out? Final Fantasy XV is one, but Persona 5 and Nier Automata aren't coming out till next year. Fighting games and rhythm games are my bag, but there's no rhythm games and the only fightan coming out is Blazblue CF, which only a sucker would buy because the Extend version will probably be coming out eight months after it anyway. Similarly, only a sucker would buy Civ 6 before its expansions come out and it's all fixed. Thanks to the new scene, I'll be able to pirate Steins;Gate 0, World of FF and Fate/Extella on my Vita. I don't really think there's anything else, is there?

That's a total of one game, which I can probably grab for £35 at launch. I don't think budget is going to be an issue this year.

I work two jobs. One's 39 hours a week at 17 an hour (can't go full time)

The other is 15 hours a week at 12.50 an hour.

>Work 55 hours a week to get money
>Don't have any time left to spend it on things you enjoy

There isn't much coming out if you have the shit taste you displayed.

Hving 6 hours of sleep a day you still are left with over 70 hours of potential play time

WoFF looks like shit.

I honestly don't know.

It's pretty easy. I'm just going to get one of them. Then, once I'm done with that game, the prices for the next game will have likely dropped. And so on. I'm a genius that way.

Local Gamestops have some sweet trade-in deals. Give them 2 games from their list and get a new release for $10. And if you have another old game lying around you can get out from the shop with a new game and $0 spend. It doesn't work for every game but usually for the AAA games and some weeb games. I have 8 games pre-ordered and didn't waste any cash these months.

It helps that I'm not really collecting things and usually don't play games more than 2 times so I'm not really attached. I buy some games, some I trade in and I always have some games lying around for those trade-ins boni.

Ausbildung?

Oh, I'm sorry, let me have a look down the list of Western releases.

>Tomb Raider (port)
>Call of Duty in Space
>Battlefield Kangz
>Titanfall 2 "We're Sending This One Out To Die With No Marketing" Edition
>Watch Dogs 2, the sequel which nobody wanted to a game nobody wanted
>Bamham Remastered
>Skyrim Remastered
>Assassin's Creed Remastered

Wow, how could I resist such masterpieces?

I only make $250 every two weeks and I can afford any video game I want. What the hell do you do OP? Buy olive garden every day?

just pirate shit

>work part time
>ngetting pic related
And I plan to get FFXV Deluxe edition as well. It's a bit tough but I'll manage.

Joa, erstes Jahr als Koch

I want gravity rush 2 and FFXV really badly and I have the money but I have enough to play as is and so little time, buying new games on sale or when they're cheap is basically a borderline addiction. I'm gonna try and wait anyway and they'll be cheap before I know it I guess...

>FFXV Deluxe edition
why? its just the movie and the ugly steelbook
at least pre order from gamestop for a free game

Become extremely choosy about what games you are going to get.

Assuming zero commute, zero food, zero errands, and zero interactions with family/friends/girlfriend, then you're right.

Add all those in, and you might barely have an hour a day if you're lucky.

>last guardian
dont be disappointed. what you see is what you get

Fuck, you're right. Thought it comes with an artbook. I can forget about that I guess.

Not buying shit games (this eliminates 95% of games idiots like you buy) and a healthy dose of piracy.

You can always find scans of artbooks later on for free

>not nourishing yourself while playing
>not living 10 minutes from your workplace
>having a gf
>interacting with your family

you are doing it wrong then
that being said, i do all of the above and i still get 3-4 hours of playtime a day even when working

Pretty easily on $20/hr

I've got enough saved up for the big stuff (PSVR, PS4Pro). The rest can be paid for with my paychecks. Depending on how much I buy, some stuff may go on my low-interest credit card and pay it off when we hit the dry-season

>console masterrace

Buy it for $38 from best buy, sell on craiglists for $45. Get to play every single title yearly while only spending $100. Last time I bought collectors was Halo. The only other thing I waste money on is LoL skins. I spent $1100 on it.

>My tastes are better than anyone else's
Can you like get over yourself?

Making use of a deal. Trade in 2 games, pre-order game like Watch_Dogs 2 for €17

I only buy one then finish it before buying another. If the game is several hundred hours I would end up not buying a game for several months after.

When everything's shit and you only buy two vidya a year at most then budgeting isn't a concern.

>Buying into VR in its current state and getting a Pro on launch

credit cards

What else am I going to spend my money on? Jalepino peppers?

Yeah you're totally right, he should wait until VR headsets are $50!

Not everyone is a poor retard like yourself. Also unlike PC headsets there won't be a new version every year and you get raped for adopting early.

I've taken up 12 extra hours this month, that + what I have will get me Pokemon Sun, Last Guardian, FFXV and Gravity Rush 2. Then I have 3 weeks off which I have booked for Christmas. My holidays reset, my deposit for my current house comes back, and I have 300 dollery doos for January and February. I have already finished my plan

Yes buy ten billion peppers then make them your reality instead
PR pepper reality

Buying cute figures and other memorabilia of your waifu, of course. What else?

Nothing I'm interested in is coming out. I was hyped for No Man's Sky but that turned out to be utter shit. Maybe I'll get that if the price drops to like £15
Probably end up buying some cheap DLC. Witcher Blood and Wine and Just Cause 3 stuff should keep me busy.

iunno about VR but if I preorder a pro, I can essentially make payments on it until it actually comes out.

I can do that or put a normal one on layaway.

>Ignoring the fact that there is nothing to do with it

It's a brick that sits on your face and burns your eyebrows off. It doesn't do anything. There is nobody worth their salt developing anything for it.

May as well take a Wii/WiiU/PSEye/PSMove/Kinect and tape it to your face.

It'd be a different story if there was even one piece of software in announced or in development, but there isn't. It's shovelware that doesn't even utilize the 20 year old technology well.

It's not a question of money, it's a question of how desparate are you pay someone so you can sit around and do nothing.

May as well buy a Cred Forums pass.

If you say you play fighting games but don't support new releases when they have the best competition at launch, then you dont actually play fighting games

My job.
>$20/hr on average
>$18/hr after taxes because most my tips are cash
>about $1800-$1900 a month after taxes
>about $1200-$1300 a month after rent/internet/electric
>anywhere from $800-$1100 a month after food expenses
More than enough for vidya

where u kive nigga?

i maje 3600 aftee taxes.

I bet you bought No Man's Sky.

Minnesota.
But I only work 25 hours a week which is why.

Ya guessed wrong.

It's not like I can't afford them. I am worried they're too bunched up together though, just gotta stick to one at a time.

Price of VR has nothing to do with it.
VR isn't going to be decent until at least 1440p, preferably 4k.

A game is like a day to a half day's worth of work.
Video games is one of the cheapest hobbies out there.
Also obviously I don't buy 'guides'. If you're going to follow someone elses playthrough why even buy the game?

Honestly the only games I might get is Gravity Rush 2 and FFXV.

And that's a maybe. I might just wait for a price drop on GR2 and wait for the PC port of FFXV.

I'm not a poorfag, that's how. I just buy what I want.

other than XV2 all the games I want got delayed to next year

>how do you plan on affording everything?

>not grinding GBPs for their gaems

I got burned too many times by Arcsys. Two day one DLC characters was the straw that broke the camel's back.

One game and a DLC are all I'm interested in for the rest of this year, so that's how.

FPBP

what;s the DLC?

Only buy good ones retard.

i don't buy everything. there are 3 games i will get this and next month.
>Battlefield 1
>Pokemon Moon
>Gravity Rush 2

Its super easy, I simply dont buy kusoge and shovelware.

That means I dont have to buy a single PS4 game.

DaS 3 DLC. Given how it's just two bosses and Not-Ariamis and how I didn't like a lot about the main game to begin with, plus it being €15 and PS Plus being an additional fee to, I might as well just not though.

Which brings me back to the game, Yomawari. At least that looks interesting.

There are a few games I still might want to check out (Deemo, Shiren, Disgaea 5) but eh, I'll figure something out.

>Gravity Rush
>Last Guardian
>shovelware
nice b8 m8

>Tomb Raider
>FFXV

120€ is nothing.

I pirate. Saves me tons of shekels.

>Collector's edition's now only give you a chance to get the extra tat

February is what REALLY kills me.

It's not really budgeting so much as prioritizing. The only three games I want in the near future are Paper Mario, Final Fantasy XV, and next year's Tekken 7. I can wait until the others come down in price.

Games already launch for half-price on PC.

Buy and play games six months after they come out on steam

Ya finish that back log?

>GR
glorified vita tech demo, aka shovelware. I dont know which shittershatter moron greenlit a sequel, but he should be fired

>TLG
vaporware, no one gives a shit about muh cinematic experience anymore, the market is oversaturated with them and the game looks like an end of PS2 lifecycle game

Nice meme famalam

Easy, I earn 200k/year.
It's funny how inexpensive a hobby vidya is. I can see the difference with my co-workers who are into rich people hobbies like golf or boats.

I have a job so I can afford to buy games at full price every month and it helps and they are coming out every other month until I get my next paycheck. Right now I have pre-ordered Final Fantasy XV, TLG, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, Nier Automata and Tales of Berseria

The 15 hours a week job is at home for a call center.

Most of the time I'm watching tv or fapping while talking to potential customers.

Really should get a PS4...

Buying stuff not on launch, but with patience through 2017, take advantage of second hand copies and sales.

It's a good thing the only extra bill I pay is the internet.

>My pay isn't amazing
>£1400 after paying everything
What, do you live in a hole or something so you only have to pay £100 in rent?

Sell blood and semen.

This is how people stay forever poor.

There aren't that many games I'll be getting at full price till the end of the year.
Basically just Dishonored 2, Space Hulk Deathwing (if it's actually good) and Tyranny (ditto). I might pick one more (Forza maybe), but even so.

>duales Studium und 950€ Netto im 1. Jahr
Haha, git gud Hauptschüler :^)

you should

That's still cheap for last year's games, how do you do it user?

Pirate the ones on PC and Vita, wait for price drops for anything else.
Fuck this industry

Wasn't that the game that broke systems?

Anyways I might wait until Black Friday which might have it cheap since the Neo will be out by then.

software piracy, op

That was the PS3 version, no problems on PS4.

Ah. Got a list of PS4 games? I have a few I might want to play but I most likely don't know a bunch.

>Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, Nier Automata and Nioh in the span of a month.

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever witnessed.
Each and every one of those japanese games is going to lose a lot of potential sales due to publishers being fucking morons.

It doesn't matter since I guarantee half of them will be delayed.

"Let's avoid FF15 and CoD. February seems nice, that way we'll sell way more!"
-Said everyone at the same time.

Pic related might help, altough it skips 2013-15
Don't know your tastes so I'm not sure what to recommend.

>The only games I care about in this year is Oct onward
fucking weird.

I mean, the target audience for those games is pretty much the same.
They can't be THAT stupid.

I literally won't have time to play them all at launch so I _have_ to prioritize story driven games first in order to not get spoiled (Nier:A and Persona5) even though I reeeeeally don't want to wait for NioH

It fucking sucks.

There are plenty of unpopular AA games that are fucking sweet, be sure to research them a bit more. Here are some I like
-GundamBreaker3 (pic related)
-EDF4.1 (also on PC)
-Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (top tier Vanillaware game, if not their current best)
-Gravity Rush (really cheap, $10 or $15 I think, and the sequel is just around the corner)
-Digimon Cybersleuth
-Witch&theHundredKnight (try the demo to see if it's your thing)
-Salt&Sanctuary (2D souls game, also on PC now)

-GuiltyGear Xrd Revelator
-King of Fighters 14
-JoJo fightan' game
(ignore these 3 if you're not into fighters obviously)

-Star Ocean5 (for a generic TalesOf-like game, buy on discount)
-GrandKingdom (if you like FireEmblem, FFtactics and MegamanBattlenetwork-style battles)
-Attack on Titan is actually fun, if you're into spiderman-y gameplay and tolerate the anime

And that's all from this year.
FYI if you're sure you are going to buy a PS4 you can already make an account on their site and buy games for it. It's useful due to all the temp. discounts that keep popping up, that way you won't miss all the "saved" money when you see a 80% discount thread and think to your buttons you can't get those games yet - you can.

>junior quality analyst in Brasil
>make around 700 bucks if you try converting from real
>live with parents so I help paying some bills, that leaves me with around 500 bucks to spend on anything every month

Could be worse.

>all these losers with jobs itt
>mfw mommy and rich daddy pay for every videogame and console I want because they still feel guilty for divorcing
Feels good having a gamer pc along a ps4 and a wii U and still can afford games

Might look into those too. There's already a few games I want to play now and will look into the others once I stop playing them.

sure.

She's all prepped up and waiting for you already.

Eh I honestly never really liked the Souls series. Don't know why they just never clicked for me.

The new Pokemon looks pretty dope

alright, she's gone now. You did this.

got any more of these pics?

I don't care for the ps4 so I'm safe.

What's coming out?

Can I be your daddy?

a few

>makes 1900 a month
>1300 for rent
>1100 left over after food + rent
>that math

>mfw the government gives me 600 bux per month for neeting all day long

Good thing none of them interests me at all.

I guess I'll rent some of them

>paying full price for this glorified mobage

Depends.
How hairy are you?

>gets shit paying job
>complains about getting shit pay
ayy lmao hauptschüler

A little bit

$50 a week is more than enough on a chicken diet. That's the bare minimum.
$100 a week if I'm feeling spendy