What did this game miss?

What did this game miss?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0TvSjLLOdiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing, it's a masterpiece.

People just can't appreciate it because it's not made by Remedy. Hell even Sam Lake praised the scene were Max shaves his head, even he understands that the game is fucking ace.

Too many unskippable cutscenes.
Other than that, it's a great TPS.

if you didnt play max payne 3 on old school mode with mouse+free aim while using shootdodge and bullet time as much as possible and never using cover you need to STFU about it

1st post always /thread

I got Shadows Rushed Me on xbox 360
Talk when you grow some balls, tiny boy

yeah not gonna lie I really liked this game and have played through it a few times fully over the years.

>very small freedom of movement
>no nightmare sequence
>those cinematic epilespy sequences
>bullet time apart from tracing bullets gave no other cool graphic effects
>no ability to fire weapons separately while dual wielding
>no detailed gore even though it promoted detailed physics(head and limbs still there after direct shotgun shot or after 30 high caliber bullets in one place)
>needed more time in NY noir settings

This.

In fact Remedy has been on the decline since the first MP game, so I'm glad they didn't work on this. Still not quite as good as 1 but way better than 2

>no ability to fire weapons separately while dual wielding
>very small freedom of movement
>no nightmare sequence
>needed more time in NY noir settings

I'd agree with this.

I can walk through a door without a cutscene, thank you very much

Open world

please recommend more games like this

not necessarily the same genre, but have the same "smoothness" and tight mechanics.

DOSH

/thread

>tfw you get punched in the ear

Too many fucking cutscenes. If I wanted to watch Man on Fire I'd watch Man on Fire.

It as great game,but WAY to much cutscenes. You could've made 60% of them as playable parts of game.

Soul.

It had the FX, gameplay and music down but it just didn't feel like a Max Payne game.

You can't go from Noir to this.

Good gameplay, level design and less cutscenes.
Realitsic =/= good, it felt like a chore playing a fat bald SLOW faggot who can't stop whining.
MP1 and 2 had much better gameplay, fast and responsive.
You shoot where you aim, you recover from the floor in an instant and can easily run and gun with no penalty.
Rockstar didn't seem to understand that introducing momentum, aim drag and cluncky physics was counter productive to the hongkong aiction movie style of this series.
Fuck everyone who says this game has good gameplay, fuck them hard.

BAGHDAD WITH G STRINGS

The ability to skip cutscenes, actual levels instead of arenas, slower bullet travel time in slow mo so it doesn't feel like an on rails shooter, and fast movement. Being able to carry more fucking weapons would be nice too.

I think they should flesh out Max's narrative with more cutscenes,

Oh wait.

Press to skip

>What did this game miss?

Anything really linking it to the first two games other than just placing the main character in a different location

The New Jersey bits were great and made me wish they had just made the whole game like that

very weak complaints

almost none. Rockstar is a truly masterful dev. the new mad max game felt pretty polished I guess

WHAT
ARE
YOU
D O I N G
HERE

go find an abandoned arcade to kill yourself in

best track youtube.com/watch?v=0TvSjLLOdiU

Whats up with the gun

>Level design doesn't let gunplay shine most of the time
>A lot of shitty filters in cutscenes
>Our game games is a movie
>Hey how about all those collectables that are important for the story ib a game where you cannot properly explore levels :^)

People didn't like the change where they went from a dark New York city into sunny Brazil. That's the biggest and most understandable complaint because it takes away the noir element which was a huge backbone of the previous games.

I thought it was interesting to see Max in a different place just to realize that he can't escape his past and bloodshed.

ability to consistently skip cutscenes

Agreed, i'd rather play that mission 10 times than touching anything else in that game.

The memo that told devs not to make cutscenes pop up every 30 seconds
otherwise it's good

Everything.

The Housers fucking suck at writing, so Max sounds like a parody of a 1940s gumshoe rather than a real person. He's lost every redeeming quality he had, and subsequently any reason to give a shit about him.

It's not just that he became an old bitter asshole, he lost all his agency too, since it's a Rockstar game. He gets told where to go and what to do, he has no ideas of his own and he misses obvious clues that the audience can plainly see.

The previous games were very heavy on 'show, don't tell'. Even in Max's narration, he never once told us he was depressed or missed his family in those games, but the story made it crystal clear from his change in personality as well as those dream sequences. He also had agency, everything he did in those games was his decision, and he used side-characters as much as they used him.

The shooting mechanics are better, except bullets now travel at a realistic speed so all the strategy of leading your shots or actually being able to dodge bullets is gone. The limited inventory is more cinematic but it only serves to make sure you carry around an assault rifle for the whole game and absolutely nothing else. Any cool situatonal weapons have limited ammo and there's no reason to take them with you when you find one.

All the cool set-pieces are entirely missing, and Rockstar's idea of changing up the gameplay is to make it so you can't move. Max shoots while sliding down something, he shoots while hanging from something, and in the game's most retarded moment, the game arbitarily glues him to a piece of cover which you can't move from. Also turret sequences, because those are fun and not creatively bankrupt.

Remember that cool, slightly surreal, Twin-Peaks vibe the old games are known for? Sam Houser sure doesn't, he'd rather rip off Man on Fire than pay homage to actual series itself, which is why there are literally no connections between the previous games and this one.

You could replace Max with any random character and the story would make just as much sense. In fact it'd make even more sense since the twist is absolutely retarded. In a city like that, why in the fuck would you go off to the US to find a fall-guy, and then choose a man notorious for singlehandedly killing the entire new york mob? You could easily grab some dirt-poor Brazilian dude and accomplish the exact same thing.

What bothers me the most is when that mobster's son is talking shit to Max Payne and bringing up his dead wife while he's sitting at the bar. Like if he knew about Max's dead wife, he should also know how he went on a murder spree and killed hundreds of dudes after it.

more niggers to get shot.
i killed 300 niggers
but i really wanted to kill at least 700

>unskippable 15 minute cutscenes
>game constantly takes control of max to make him do something menial
>that fucking zombie walk scene in the stadium

JUST FUCKING SHOOT ME NOW.
The game's mechanics might be fun but the 1 minute shooting sections between boring ass cutscenes do not fucking make up for the shit tastic cinematic bullshit experience.

Not even the fact that the cutscenes are unskippable gets to me as much as how they LIE to me.
>"Oh... I'm sorry, I can't let you skip since the game hasn't loaded :^)"
NIGGA I HAVE SAMSUNG'S 850 EVO SSD, THE GAME HAS LOADED IN THE LAST 5190 MINUTES I'VE BEEN WATCHING THIS SHIT DRAMA THAT I DO NOT EVEN CARE ABOUT
I FUCKING HATE MAX PAYNE 3

This right here. The cast was about as compelling as a wet dishrag. I understand wanting a new setting to make it 'their own' sort of thing but Brazil didn't work.

As far as I'm concerned the canon games ended with 2.

You're obviously too stupid to open a FUCKING DOOR on your own, so that's a cutscene.

Also it locks behind you because we wouldn't want you getting lost :^))))

>You shoot where you aim, you recover from the floor in an instant and can easily run and gun with no penalty.
so just like mp1 and 2 when not using the berettas and the uzis?

Fuck no.

what irks me is not having explained how did max get out of all the mess that happened in 2

alfred woden could sort out everything in 1 (like he did since in 2 max is back in poice and all) as we are told in the story he's now the only leding memeber of the not-illuminati inner circle

after 2 woden is dead, plus there's not even the whole framing thing anymore, max actually DID kill the bitch cop

This guy gets it.

What was it with the levels in this game they just didn't feel RIGHT for some reason

There was something so uncanny about the way they looked