youtube.com/watch?v=wNlfXuJVn-8
youtube.com/watch?v=nRHgBmAr-iA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Razors edge ist pretty good

Extremely simple and linear level design
Repetitive as fuck enemy encounter design
Dodge and block rates of the enemies are way too high

At least Ayane is fun to play as

I'm playing it for the first time. It's okay but it has some major issues. Mainly that the bosses are stupid bullshit.

I was fighting Alma and it felt completely impossible because she'd never get stun so she'd hit me through my combo with instant grab attacks. Then I found out that Flying Swallow makes her a huge joke despite the move basically not working on anything else and you can stunlock her forever. A bunch of the bosses feel similarly dumb. Like Evil Ryu.

Also the framerate in this game is absurdly horrible. It's unsteady which I can deal with but it seems to eat inputs. At low enough framerates it feels like it is impossible to dodge some of the desperation attacks because Ryu just won't move.

Anyway I'm shit at this game, give me tips please.

Some of the bosses are my least favorite parts of the game, too. Once I learned that there's a big emphasis on using Steel On Bone on a lot of them I struggled a lot less, but fighting two spider tanks near the end at once was enough to make me want to punch someone.

My main problem is that Ryu is unresponsive and the game drops inputs some times.

Hey, there's a ninja with huge boobs over there

The boss fights use the Steel on Bone thing too? I only noticed on the God Prototype boss.

I have to say I really don't like that entire mechanic. It could've been good, but since it's the most rewarding way to kill everything (easiest, most karma, even heals you), it feels like the game is going out of its way to make you bait desperation attacks. It's frustrating when you were hoping for a SoB and you get an OT.

Shit design, fucked up balance, less weapons, boring and unfun to fight enemies, nerfed moves, flashiness all over the place instead of clean ninja moves, garbage SoB system, beyond awful bossfights, shitty Hollywood story.

Also on the one boss you fight right after Shadow Ryu, I think there were a couple others that sped up the fights too

3 was shit because no wepon variety, jutsus or enemies, shit level design
Black was god tier, only mad pcucks hate it
2 was ok

Also maybe I just haven't found it, but is there a way to just do a launcher without having to start with a grounded string? Barely anything in the game will let me hit it more than three times so I don't really know how to launch stuff.

->T

This fucker

Forward + Y/triangle

He's quite easy, I don't get why people complain so much.

>dodge his charge, ground slam AoE
>charge UT
I'd rather deal with this fucker twice than do the fucking helicopter boss at the end of Day 2 with the minions

Thanks. I'm not sure how I missed that.

Hahahahahaha
Hohohohohoho
He replied, he's mad, he's mad!
Herp derp, you autistmal son of a bitch, people like to explain their position to retarded motherfuckers like you who feel like they can win an argument by trying to accuse someone of having emotional reasons behind their reasons.
I bet you vote for Trump you stupid cocksucking, incest-baby. You need to checked and knocked out a couple of your teeth so people can start seeing through your bullshit grin and see your snake tongue that's covered in shit because you're always up your own asshole licking the leftover shit that you have in there.

he's a shittier version of the skeleton dragon boss(es) in the first Ninja Gaiden

Get the fuck out of my thread faggot

Are you ok?

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Cred Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Cred Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

What? He's nothing like that. Skeleton just sits there while T-Rex charging you.

>framerate in this game is absurdly horrible
3RE runs fine on my end while vanilla 3 is absolutely abysmal in terms of performance.
Also, the PS3 version suffers from input lag regarding dodging or blocking

I was gonna say that I thought Razor's Edge ran just fine, but vanilla was awful. Either version will drop some inputs that Black or 2 wouldn't, in my experience.

I'm playing on WiiU and there are some parts of the game where the framerate takes a nosedive for extended periods of time. Day 2 when the boss helicopter first attacks you is especially bad, because the game also spawns in tons of rocket launchers and the framerate probably hits single digits.

That's probably because it's the Wii U more than anything else

That's what I said.

Still doesn't excuse the technical issues, it was their target platform and it's not pretty.

It's still better than any DMC game

t. Hayashi

I'm right regardless of your shitposting

Ninja Gaiden on Normal is like DMC4 on DMD, and the combat is hard but doesn't feel frustrating, I didn't know what I was expecting.

>Ninja Gaiden on Normal is like DMC4 on DMD
Yeah, nah. That's bullshit.

t. Itsuno

I don't, but you faggots ruin ever other Stylish Action game thread.

It's really not

Also stop shilling Ni-oh in these threads. It's closer to Dark Souls than DMC.

It really is. Ninja Gaiden being difficult is a casuals' meme. Game is about as hard as any hack'n'slash. I think God Hand on hard will be much harder than Ninja Gaiden.

If you aren't discussing Ninja Gaiden then it's our duty to change that.

Why do DMCfriends and NGbros hate each other?

DMCfags have horrible taste in games

It's the eternal dickwaving contest that will never subside. So many fags arguing endlessly about one true question:

Which is shittier, DMC2 or vanilla NG3?

DMC2

The bosses ruined this game. Seriously, none of them are fun to fight. Also whos idea was it to make that T-Rex boss? Holy shit, I want to quit the game every time I get to that part.

I think it's NG3. DMC2 had a couple neat ideas that actually got propagated forward and were good additions to the series. Everything NG3 introduced sucks. To the point where RE "fixes" the game solely through bringing back old ideas from a better director.

What the fuck are you talking about, whole game is piece of shit. It's not like if it had good bosses it would be suddenly a good game.

>I'm playing on WiiU
WiiU suffers from the most framerate and input lag problems. Nothing you can do about it

360 + Y or /\ for all weapons have I frames

you can activate bullet time (think of Mid air aiming) for the bow on ground by pressing R3(on PS3 at least, dunno about WiiU)

enemies can be delimbed relatively fast, you just have to find a combo with a high delimb rate. Kusari Gama's XY(hold release), one of the Dragon Sword's (grounded, not on land)360Y starting combos also had good delimb rate, Eclypse Scythe's YYY etc. experiment a bit

Izuna Drop pretty much insta kills most mooks, and you can cancel the recovery in 3RE via combos that start with a Y, meaning you could chain Izuna Drops (do an Izuna Drop, immediately do a follow up launcher then do another Izuna Drop) or just be safer

UT charges very quickly in this game because of no essense, use it.

there is some kind of kill counter that dictates when a bloody rage (instant damage buffed level of current weapon UT), kills by UT or ninpo doesn't add to that number.

playing it on a lower difficulty to get the golden scarabs just to unlock the ability to buy weapon, ninpo, health upgrade isn't scummy. Since upgrades you bought on lower difficulties don't carry over to higher difficulties like DMC, while the scarabs do. At least having the Vortex Ninpo will help you a lot.

there are some cheese tactics, windpath(enemy step) on enemy and doing a on land 360Y with either Dragon Sword or Scythe will almost always launch an enemy mid air while giving you I-frames which you could follow up with an Izuna Drop.
shuriken stun + Kusari Gama's forward Y will reliably grab an enemy that isn't an armored/monster type and delimb, including Alchemists(Ass Creed robe wearing Avatar airbender rejects)
delimb a human enemy and use it as a potential proximity bomb by making it trigger a SoB. You can also use SoB to instantly kill alchemists as long he's not magic'ed up

God Hand on any difficulty has a lot of little things that trivialize the game.

>Any move with upper body invincibility(Drunken twist and the like) can be spammed endlessly on all enemies and almost every boss
>High Kick spam near the wall is an infinite if you get a counter hit/stun and it does completely stupid damage even if it's level 1
>Chain Yanker/Yes Man Kablaam for an absurd amount of Tension meter on command, lots of invincibility to abuse
Of course you can just choose not to use these but I sure wish it wasn't an option to begin with.

Ninja Gaiden doesn't really have something that is so simple yet so dominant besides trying to chain UTs but this isn't even a thing against bosses, or doing the wall jump slashes in unpatched NG on everything. That was really long ago though.

I do think NG's difficulty is exaggerated quite a bit but it's still a lot harder than most other games in the genre

Unrelated to my response to you but related to OP: youtube.com/watch?v=wNlfXuJVn-8

Good stuff, thanks.

>Ninja Gaiden being difficult is a casuals' meme
this is correct
>God Hand on hard will be much harder than Ninja Gaiden
God Hand's Hard is easier than Ninja Gaiden's Master Ninja/Ultimate Ninja.
Crowd control is way easier in God Hand than Ninja Gaiden once you get the hang of counters or juggle+launch mix ups. Having to fight fewer enemies at once than the average NG encounter also helps
Enemy AI is also a lot more consistent in God Hand
Also God Hand is hard but fair, Ninja Gaiden was never difficult. It's cheap, nothing difficult about Incendiary Shuriken spamming in 2, instakill grabs not even the allahu akbar variants in sigma 2, or the borderline broken enemy AI in 3RE, only NG game that is tough but fair is the original, all 3 variants of it, and I'd still say that game can be very cheap

they didn't play the queen of salt's game

youtube.com/watch?v=nRHgBmAr-iA
enemy AI/design is borderline broken, it's not fun.

>Ninja Gaiden doesn't really have something that
lol
- Izuna Drop
- UT spam (yes, it works even in RE)
- Scythe 360T

I don't know if this makes the game any better (probably not), but he could've just done SoB.

None of those are on the same level as what I listed for God Hand.

Drunken Twist alone invalidates everything the game throws at you except for the four demon bosses. This includes two God Hand Gene.

Chain Yanker/YMK is a boss killer and beats everything but Angra.

High Kick spam is used in no upgrade playthroughs/arena challenges because of how much it hurts(It's like 7 for the kick and wall splats do scaled damage on everything) while in NG you don't have a single thing you can spam like that.

>Izuna drop
Non option for pretty much any boss
>UT spam
Can be interrupted
>Scythe 360T
Can be hit on recovery.