Dishonored 2

Preorder or not fellas?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/m7jo6vL3WN_X4DW8kPwFuw/
youtube.com/watch?v=0URZ5J4C-x0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Definitely want to get it day 1 but fug I hope it's not short as the first one.

Never preorder.

As your friend, user, please, just believe me, NEVER PREORDER.

Never (ever) preorder

Can you get the game cheaper somewhere by preordering and does the game not of Denuvo?

If yes to both: Preordering is acceptable

If no to either: Preordering is not acceptable

>preordering digital games
That said, I'm most likely getting it day 1

Don't ever pre order. Not for anything.

Given how shitty 2016's lineup is I am going to assume it's going to be GOTY again

Still wouldn't preorder though

why are people against preordering? there is literally no excuses NOT to preorder

>preorder game
>game turns out to be shit
>can't do anything about it because you were a fucking retard and bought into something blindly without waiting for information to come out about it

refund it you retard

>no pre-order bonus
>asks if he needs to pre-order
???

See pic but about money.

BTW no pre-order exclusive is ever worth it. No stupid trinket is worth that risk. I don't care how much you trust the publishers and the devs.

I hope you realize preordering exists outside of steam, dumbass.

Does it really matter if you preorder or not if you buy it day 1?

>preordering games in 2016
did you miss how almost every big release this year has been fucked up in some way? at least wait a few hours after release to make sure it's not filled with issues

Because there's zero point in preordering? You just get a little dopamine rush from buying something even though you're not even playing it yet. That's it..

You just wait until it's out, read reviews / watch youtube, whatever. If you like the game in the end then you just pay extra for the stuff that was included in the pre order

The extra £5 you pay for that is basically just an insurance payment against the whole game being shit and you having wasted the entire cost

It sends a message to devs.
>pre-order "PC exclusive" XCOM2 on Steam
>it's a broken mess at launch
>still is, in a way
>lol, jk: you PC faggots were just testing it for the console release six months later

And let's not forget Arkham Knight.
You get burned, devs get their money and they relax, comfortable in the knowledge that, no matter what, they can just do it again next time.

Only preorder it if you don't have Dishonored and its DLC already, for some reason. You get all that if you do

Give it a preorder OP. It'll do you right

So for some actual dishonored discussion, has anyone been reading the book or comics? The comics seem kinda meh to me, but its kinda cool to see the powers in a different medium and the art is cool.

The original was mediocre. I'll pass on this shit.

I might grab it for $10 in a bargain bin in 2021.

>The original was mediocre

How to spot a member of the Cred Forums contrarian hivemind

Common sense 101: Only pre-order good games and never EA, Ubisoft or Bethesda games. You'll be fine

>Bu-but you can't tell if a game is goo-
yes you can retard. Use your brain

How to spot a shill

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/m7jo6vL3WN_X4DW8kPwFuw/

>Only pre-order good games
What do you do if you're not a scryer?

>talking about recent video games or a game that is going to come out soon is shilling
>too stupid to make the connection between release dates and discussion periods
>even though Cred Forums always talks about games that will come out soon

This isn't /vr/, you know. Although I wish it was because they actually talk about video games there

kek, no. Cred Forums has always overly praised Dishonored for some reason. I think it's an elaborate shill campaign.

Or god fucking forbid, fans of the game.

Don't pre order fag. Just wait and buy it on day 1

Nigger, what?
Cred Forums is contrarian because they fucking slurp this game's dick, despite it being "okay" at best. Cred Forums is notorious for loving bad games unironically. They've been doing it for at least ten years.
Sorry you can't formulate your own opinions, kiddo.

No dishonored thread is ever on topic, this game is not well received here at all.

Anyone else read the comic?

>People who don't know how to get refunds or get games on consoles

You're a retard. Almost every place and every critic likes Dishonored, so Cred Forums likes to be contrarian and say it's bad.

It's like you are oblivious to what happens outside of this board

You're a newfag then

Pre-order that shit

Everything you don't like is probably an elaborate shill campaign in your mind

No, just the praise for Dishonored and Saints Row 2

I preordered the collectors edition. I'm going to buy it day one anyways.

I just hope it comes on time.

>being this new
Dishonored threads always stay on topic because they're always full of a hundred fags overhyping the game.
How fucking new are you, anyway? Got here in August, or what?

OH YOU GOT ME M8 AAAH

If you think it's so over-praised then name five bad things about Dishonored. As someone with 125 hours of experience with the game I can tell whether or not your points are valid or just from a retard's standpoint.

Preordering is stupid. Preordering from a dev prone to repackaging all their stuff in GotY editions is even more stupid.

I love Dishonored, but preordering games is pretty silly. Just wait until it's been out for a bit, or has gotten good enough reviews to warrant a purchase. If there's some preorder extras, you'll get it later as DLC anyway.

Literally never.

The stealth/AI is retarded and literally worse than a fucking 2001 PS2 game.
The plague/rat system didn't pan out for shit, since you can pretty much kill everyone everywhere all the time with no consequence.

I don't need to list anything else, since those two are bad enough by itself.

Yeah, naj, Steam-only, Denuvo. Will wait for it to reach the bargain bin to buy it second hand on console.

Isn't worth more.

That's not the point. Games given away for free on PSplus and XboxGold count towards sales numbers, and preorder numbers stand no matter who refunds the game.
It's bad practise to buy into pre-ordering unless there's actually a reason for you to do it. Wait until day one at the earliest and don't be a pathetic loser suckling at the publisher's teat.

>Graphics (not art, just graphics) could be better
>Unskippable boat cutscenes
>No new game+
>Way too easy
>A little too short
>Boss fights were meh
>Possession is a lame and slow power, not worth the runes it costs
>Shadow Kill is the stupidest power ever, found corpses never have any consequence, and if you kill someone in a fight then its unlikely some other NPC will come around after the fight to find the corpses, assuming they hadn't despawned yet
>Vitality is pointless, you can hardly die as it is
>Melee combat isn't as good as Dark Messiah
t. 127 hours

>The stealth/AI is retarded and literally worse than a fucking 2001 PS2 game.
Play on the hardest difficulties, or really any difficulty that's not easy.
>The plague/rat system didn't pan out for shit, since you can pretty much kill everyone everywhere all the time with no consequence.
That's false. The more people you kill the more rats that spawn and rat swarms spawn in new areas, and there are also more Weeper spawns.

Killing a lot of people also has several consequences. Certain events pan out differently if you get a lot of kills and you also get the bad ending for high chaos.

1. Your choices are superficial and don't affect the story. Everything is based on some abstract notion of how many people you kill, and if you're seen or not.
2. Some of the powers are useless or exist as fluff. You can beat the entire game with bend time alone. They're okay to play around with, but completely irrelevant.
3. The AI can be pretty stupid, and won't react when it should. Nothing in the game is really a challenge, not even the boss fights.
4. Corvo's hands are fucking huge. What the fuck?
5. Daud is cooler than Corvo, and his DLC is arguably better than the main game. He also has more interesting powers.

But who the fuck cares? If it's a game I'm planning on buying anyway, then why shouldn't I make sure I get a copy, instead of having to wait a month or more for stores to restock?

There is never a good enough reason to preorder a game.

>play on the hardest difficulties
Why does everyone act like this is a viable argument? Nigger, I ONLY play games on the hardest difficulties. The stealth/AI is literally worse than MGS2.

>The more people you kill the more rats that spawn
So the devs claim, but I killed pretty much everyone and got the low chaos ending.

Shill, pls go.

This. Shill btfo

>you also get the bad ending for high chaos

There's no "bad" ending, really. You can get the high chaos ending and everyone your lose allies and the city will survive and outlive the plague.

Just because the game refuses to apt you on the back for being a mass murderer doesn't make it a "bad" ending.

>wait a month or more for stores to restock
Where the fuck do you live?
There's also digital distribution if you literally cannot control yourself and wait a while. I'd understand if it was a game with a popular multiplayer like Dark Souls or even Halo, but this is Dishonored for christ's sake. Give it a day or two to make sure you're not getting fucked over, then buy it.
There's absolutely no reason to pre-order outside of the fact that you reaaaally want it, but there are plenty of reasons to wait.

People like the game because it's unique

Tell me any other game that has the same level of manipulating connected systems in a semi sandbox environment that isn't Deus Ex from 16 years ago.

At this point I just assume that anyone who dislikes Dishonored just played it as a straight shooter or Thief style stealth game and never played around or experimented with anything. All the complaints are always trivial

>Graphics (not art, just graphics) could be better
Subjective.
>Unskippable boat cutscenes
Oh no, I lost a few seconds! Are you ADHD, by chance?
>No new game+
Fair enough, since the game is very replayable.
>Way too easy
It's not like this on the hardest difficulty.
>A little too short
It's heavily replayable so that hardly matters.
>Boss fights were meh
...Boss fights? Like what? The Daud fight? I hope you realize boss fights aren't the game's focus in the slightest and those are optional.
>Possession is a lame and slow power, not worth the runes it costs
Fair enough
>Shadow Kill is the stupidest power ever, found corpses never have any consequence
It actually puts enemies on alert if you don't hide them properly
>Vitality is pointless, you can hardly die as it is
This is true unless you play High Chaos on the hardest difficulty.
>Melee combat isn't as good as Dark Messiah
Comparing x to y game isn't a good point

These are all valid points except the hands thing. That's just nitpicking

>So the devs claim, but I killed pretty much everyone and got the low chaos ending.
Then you also played perfectly stealth. If you kill a lot of people and don't play in stealth you get the high chaos ending guaranteed. However the higher rat and weeper spawns still happened. The Daud DLC makes it so High Chaos is a lot easier to get from kills alone.

And if you say you played non-stealth and killed everyone but still got low chaos you're simply lying.

>calling someone a shill for a game that came out years ago
Cred Forums never surprises me with how fucking stupid people are with this shit.

XCOM 2 and Dishonored 2 are my GOTY

I'll preorder first time in my life

A) net too slow to download it on day 1
B) Dishonored Definitive Edition is packed with it

NYC. If you don't pre-order, you'll either have to drive to like 50 different stores for hours on end to find a copy, or wait a month.

And digital copies a shit. Physical media is where it's at.

agree with your argument.
now I don't remember if hardest diff dishonored had AI where guards would ignore dead guards, but I feel that a lot of games lately are going that route and it really fucks with my OCD for immersion.

I prefer digital media, too, but the last physical game I preordered in stores was Bioshock Infinite: If that's not a cautionary tale, I don't know what is.
Go ahead and preorder Dishonored, you clearly don't give a fuck about any of the reasons given in the thread, so there's nothing stopping you.

What what there's a book and comics?

Also isn't gamestop letting you get it a day early with pre-order?

I'm not pre-ordering Dishonored. I'm the same fag who's been calling the game a mediocre piece of shit. But I'm just saying, if I 100% know I'm getting the game, regardless of its quality, then why should I not pre-order?
e.g. I pre-ordered GoW4 just because my girlfriend is fan of the series, and it'd be fun to play with her.

And if you pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite, then you've got bigger issues. It was pretty obvious the game would be shit, even 2-3 years before it was released.

>I'm the same fag who's been calling the game a mediocre piece of shit.

And with no good reasons, as evidenced by how you decided to ignore responses once you couldn't refute them

>2016
>preordering
It's like you enjoy getting shat on

If the game's shit I can refund it

Thanks Steam you finally did something right for once

>60 bucks for (most likely) 10 hours

ayyyy lmao

>tfw it's the early 90s again
Finally, I managed to go back in time

>Please take my money today but give me nothing in return.

My pleasure.

>preordering on steam
That's even more retarded. It's not like they'll run out of stock or something

Pre-loading is a thing (especially if your internet ain't the best)

Doesn't stop inflating pre-order numbers which signals to the publishers that people will coninue to support their shitty practises.
>dev tells publisher the game needs more work
>nope, shove it out the door, patch it later
>people either don't refund it because they're fanboys who don't mind getting shit on
>or can't refund it because maybe the game-breaking bugs aren't front-loaded in the first two hours of the game
Whatever way you look at it, big releases are a mine field, and it's best to wait at least a few days before mindlessly throwing your money at something. Name me some big releases lately that haven't been plagued with some kind of shit.

>pic sort of related

I don't play SJW games even for free. I value my brain

Pre-loading is almost never worth the buggy mess that are most modern releases. Playing on day one is almost always underwhelming, if you can play at all.

take me with you
i got lives to change before its too late

>>Graphics (not art, just graphics) could be better
>Subjective.
Graphics are pretty objective. Just look at the draw distance issues and how low res the textures are. People were complaining about this when the game came OUT, now four years later it is even more noticeable. Don't you "s-s-subjective" me.
>>Unskippable boat cutscenes
>Oh no, I lost a few seconds! Are you ADHD, by chance?
There's no reason why these shouldn't be skippable and make replaying annoying.
>>Way too easy
>It's not like this on the hardest difficulty.
(raughs)
>>Boss fights were meh
>...Boss fights? Like what? The Daud fight? I hope you realize boss fights aren't the game's focus in the slightest and those are optional.
They're still shortcomings. Focus or not they still demand attention from the designers.
>>Shadow Kill is the stupidest power ever, found corpses never have any consequence
>It actually puts enemies on alert if you don't hide them properly
And alerts are a really mild slap on the wrist given how unambitious the NPCs are.
>>Melee combat isn't as good as Dark Messiah
>Comparing x to y game isn't a good point
True but it's a lot of the same devs and the same director, it's sort of like the game is moving two steps forward, one step back. Because of how simple the swordplay is, High Chaos is a breeze to fight through without any prep, even on v. hard.

>ever preordering

>Cred Forums likes it
>shill
>Cred Forums hates it
>contrarian

The Lord Regent will Make Dunwall Great Again!

>Caring about Dishonoured 2
>After the first game was so forgettable

Dishonoured was the definition of mediocre and forgettable. I remember buying it for like $4 when it went on sale (like a few months after release) and just thinking "now I understand why no one talks about this game".

In Siberia, comrade.

We just got Half-Life for the PC and it is amazing!

Who is man in tie?

And is Barney a metaphor for God or Legion?

We also get newest Limp Bizkit CD, it's very nice!

ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

>disonoured
>u

I already know why your opinion is shit within the first sentence.

Gotta wait until it gets cracked

I like Emily's hands so much

I mention a game coming out (Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch) I really want briefly in a conversation with my grillfriend.

I didn't pre-order it and the day it came out I had college all day so I don't know when I'll be able to get a copy.

I get home from school and my grillfriend hands me a copy and kisses me; then she tells me that she called 6 different GameStops and most never got any copies in and ones that did only got 1-3.

She called a store who had one and agreed to hold it for her while she drove there; the store was 30 miles each away.

She drove 60 miles just to surprise me.

I gave her the fucking of her life that night.

If that's not love then I don't know what is.

KIRA GET OUT

>No French Tips.

Get that shit out of here.

GOTY 2016.

youtube.com/watch?v=0URZ5J4C-x0

Fucking gross.

>for "some" reason
>Half Life 2 lead designer on the team
>same devs as EYE and Ars Fatalis
>seen as the spiritual successor of Deus Ex, the real one not the gay piss filter cashgrab of those queer Montrealers.

have a sage, boi.

It had the lead art designer of Half Life 2 hence the City 17 feel/look.

I think he left though.

The Dishonored Universe is really interesting because we've only seen a tiny piece of it so far; there's still several different countries with new peoples and new cultures they can expand on.

Maybe in other countries they worship or praise The Outsider.

Too bad he's going to die in Dishonored 2 and you've going to take his place; for there must always be a The Outsider.

>for there must always be a The Outsider.
The devs have said literally the opposite of this.

Which part?

You taking his place or there must always be a The Outsider?

There must always be an outsider,
"The outsider was made by an obscene ritual many centuries ago, The Outsider is not a god but a title, in the past in belonged to a greenish sphere and for a time to no one at all."

Hmm, interesting.

So even without 'him' magic would still exist in the world?

I wonder if his marks would vanish or remain on the what 8 people that have them currently?

I knew he wasn't a god but I always thought of him as a personification of magic in the Dishonored universe.

The whales feed him and/or the Leviathan energy of some sort which allows magic to exist.

Since they're killing too many, he's losing power/life and is going to die.

I know the group sacrificed him, what, 15,000 years ago?

Why, for what purpose?

I got to brush up on my lore.

>the same level of manipulating connected systems
Tell us what you think that means

>There are actually still retards who preorder games even after numerous examples of that being a bad idea

>there are retards who don't know what preorder bonuses, discounts and refunds are

>preordering
>ever
Fuck off shill

>people who think you can tell a game is shit in less than 2 hours
alright pal

This, Deus Ex was my most hyped game of the year, then people complain about crashing issues on PC and a mouse acceleration bug. Unless a game is multiplayer there's no point at all in playing a PC game on release, just wait forr at least the first patch so you can go in and enjoy without issues.

This. Never pre order ever.

You know most stores have a return policy right dumbass

why is this an sjw game? Because they have a female lead now or what?