Holy shit this game

Holy shit this game

I held it off because Cred Forums kept saying the story was crap, but the music was amazing.

So I played this game and got all 4 endings

I would say the story is decent, it had a few feel moments (like beepy), it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but the fucking music was AMAZING. High quality work. Now I can't wait for Nier Automota

youtube.com/watch?v=_ttw1JCEiZE

Other urls found in this thread:

nier2.com/blog/2016/10/02/nierautomata-sample-jacket-cover/
nier2.com/blog/2014/09/14/novella-the-fire-of-prometheus/
nier2.com/blog/2015/12/13/nier-drama-cd-the-space-war/
pastebin.com/VprGzbTK
docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127&pref=2&pli=1
docs.google.com/document/d/10Zcv9nyYvtkOy2lCjCTp2oM3YPrXZ7gPzhHAX34ts9o/edit?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is crap dumbass. Notice how you kept talking about the music but not the gameplay

>Cred Forums kept saying the story was crap

>Cred Forums kept saying the story was crap

Okay.

> Cred Forums kept saying the story was crap
Are we on the same board? Do you live in a parallel universe?

How could one person possibly be so wrong

this game had 4 endings?
what happens to weis at the end, he disappears during the final battle

>I held it off because Cred Forums kept saying the story was crap
But the story is one of the things we mostly agree it's pretty good, what are you smoking?

I see I was misinformed. The occasional Nier threads I visited, the majority of people said the story was crap, gameplay was okay, music was great.

Nier threads usually agree that story is good, music is great and gameplay ranges from average to not good.

Your lurking skills are fucking abysmal.

The story was always good, the music is exceptional, the gameplay is the only one debated between "shit" and "just ok".

I don't really know what Nier thread could you have been in if they were saying that, but you should probably try to differenciate shitposting better.

The very reason we have so many Nier/DoD thread are precisely to talk about the fantastic story. There's a ton of stuff to talk about it, and even though at first I wasn't all that surprised about it myself, the more you dig into it, the better it gets.

I still don't get why the modern buildings in the background other than as a throwback to the first DoD.

So could Kaine understand the shades or was it just the shade living in her that understood them?

Otherwise I don't get why she didn't just tell Nier that he was killing innocent people.

She could heard them but she also totally ignored them or said Tyrann to block their voices. Her first experiences with shades were so bad that she is even more full into the kill all shades camp than Nier.

Tyrann has blocked out the voices for her because she started going insane the first time around.
So she knows, she just actively represses it herself too.

Kaine is even more short sighted when it comes to shades than Nier. Blame Hook and Tyrann.

Automata looks really good. Should I play this game in the meantime?

It depends on what you are looking for.

I also held off on playing this game, mostly because of Drakengard was the most painful game to play, but dammit if this isn't one of my favorite games ever.

This game nails the AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT thing Drakengard tried to do

It's funny because it also went in a complete different direction than Drakengard itself.

>because of Drakengard was the most painful game to play
To me DoD is it's own genre of comfy despair. Not counting myself I've only ever met two other people who actually enjoyed the experience of playing it.

It needs a devotion on your part, but it's a superb experience. Probably the best game among the worst games in PS2.

>Cred Forums kept saying the story was crap, but the music was amazing.

so, you are new uh?

You just have to get in the right mindset. It's more the opposite of "devotion". I suggest doing the same if you ever watch a slow art film or something.

nier2.com/blog/2016/10/02/nierautomata-sample-jacket-cover/

Yeah, probably devotion is the wrong word. It needs something on your part anyway.

I tried to play DoD only once and it was definitely a curious experience.
>dust off ps2 etc
>start playing
>wake up after 4 hours of killing things in a manner that would put any mmo grinding to shame
>feel like the music is a narrative to the insanity that I'm committing - which was that I kept playing

I stopped playing only because I had things to do, but once I was out from under its effects I calmly told myself that this game is evil and I shouldn't mess with it.

>Is there meaning in this war…
>A story to rattle your heart
>A world abandoned by man…
>In a future world of ruin, the fight to the death rages on…

Prepare tissues.

I really can't wait to cry bitch-tears

>bio-machines
This will be something amazing, I mean all the enemies look like toy-tier mechanical robots and are the bio-machines, while we are playing the androids that actually look like biological beings.

It seems they are called bio-machines or living machines because they can self-reproduct.

Yeah, I expect a really harsh truth there.

First time I played it I though the disk was fucked and that was the reason for the insanely repeating music. When I got what the game was trying to pull it blew my mind.

>Lady with a dick

Face it trapfags, this is the only reason yall liked this shitty excuse of a game.

Poor emilbots, I hope you are not made from Emil.

>I would say the story is decent,
>Everyone gets fucked in the ass and 90% of quests are dead ends
>THE END
Amazing!!!

>shitposter flops in
>literally scrambling for the most common baits

You people are getting desperate.

I get that a lot of people don't like DoD1 OST (I didn't like it at first either), but it's so fucking deranged that I love it now. Like you said, the music captures the insanity and malice of the game perfectly, some of the best music I've seen in a game, not just for the compositions themselves, but for the theme and tone behind them. I hope Okabe experiments a bit more with that sound in the future if he feels comfortable with it.

>tarofag keeps sucking taro's schlong
>so deluded they believe Drakengard 3 to be playable
Tarofags are dumb.

I think they are probably based on him because of the asskicking Emil gave the aliens where they first showed up.

Well thats the popular theory right now

>ーOne of the questions that many NieR fans have been asking is… why does this game have “NieR” in the title?
>Saito: I’d like to know as well.
>ーHuh? You don’t even know?
>Saito: I’d love to hear this from Yoko-san’s own mouth. What do you say, Yoko-san?
>ーNier was the main protagonist of the previous NieR title, but he doesn’t have anything to do with this story, right?
>Yoko: Of course not. He disappeared, remember?
>ーThen why did you decide to call this a NieR title? What exactly does “NieR” mean?
>Yoko: What does “NieR” mean…… You’re really putting me on the spot, but there’s one thing I can say: It’s a curse.
>ーA curse? Not a “prayer” or “hope”!?
>Yoko: It’s a curse. Maybe I’ll elaborate on that another time.
>ーAnother time……!? I feel like you’re avoiding the subject!
>Saito: He’s sticking with his favorite line, I guess. But anyway, I think you’ll understand how everything fits together once you get a chance to play. ……Isn’t that right, Yoko-san?
>Yoko: It’s a curse.

And the tagline of the game is.
>Is this a curse, or punishment?

So, what has this insane man in store for us?

I thought about this before and satisfied myself with a simple "its the world which Nier's actions created" for the explanation on the name.

Well Nier was reborn as a kid, and from then on anything possible.

>why does this game have “NieR” in the title?
because that makes it sell better

In the world of silky smooth 24 fps, an even lower one is more cinematic, especially if it drops to single digits.

going into Emil's house and running past his family members turned to stone was really depressing

Did he kill your dog? You have a weird grudge against him.

>He "disappeared"
He'll be in the game, one way or another. Maybe he won't be himself anymore, or maybe it'll just be a cameo of his preserved corpse which Emil carries around or something.

'our' Nier has no corpse, we are following ending D, Nier sacrificed his existence

There was a new Nier created, but it should've been only a replicant at best, and probably with no memories.

if you play ending D, which is what the sequel is based off of, Nier disappears. he doesn't have a body in the world anymore

>Ending B shows Emil's head hopping around, trying to get back to Nier and Kaine

poor guy, sounds like he won't even find Kaine since he apparently loses his memory.

I hope Platinum makes a game about Caim hunting down Nero

Well, in The Space War he is again in the Northern Plains but thousands of years later and he still remembers his friends, so maybe he got to find them at one point and they just died later.

He finds Kainé and then they download young Nier from the Memory Tree

Some time later they die, and way later Space War happens

He was there during Ending E?

yeah, he joins Kainé during the battle at the Memory Tree (robokainé and all that jazz)

They would also have to finish DOD 1.3

Where can I read about all the lore? I played Nier but don't know what you guys are talking about with space wars and stuff.

If you want Nier backstory and connection with DoD1, read Grimoire Nier. Fire of Prometheus and The Space War connect with Automata.

nier2.com/blog/2014/09/14/novella-the-fire-of-prometheus/

nier2.com/blog/2015/12/13/nier-drama-cd-the-space-war/

Here's the rest of the stuff, including stuff from DoD3, don't know if all the links still work though

pastebin.com/VprGzbTK

A lot of Nier's lore was expanded on in Grimoire Nier:
docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127&pref=2&pli=1

Thanks

NIER WAS THE BEST FUCKING GAME OF LAST GEN

fight me if you disagree my internet forum can beat up your internet forum

I just noticed, read the version of fire of prometheus linked in the pastebin, the other is more accurate, but I think it isn't finished.

I don't know if overall I'd call it the best of last gen (probably) but at least story-wise, it's the best by a ridiculously large margin.

>trapfags

>what does NieR mean?
>it's a curse

The story is great, however not everyone likes the genre of the story, or have the attention span to enjoy it.

The gameplay was kind of nice when it came out, but it has not aged well.

The music is objectively fantastic.

That thing about the foreshadowing was a nice read.

It's good, but it's not THE BEST FUCKING GAME. Let's face it, the gameplay was really sub-par, the overworld was pretty boring and limited, not to mention the amount of backtracking you have to do (and don't get me started on the shitty sidequests either).

Aside from that though it was top-tier for sure. Story and music were amazing.

Well, he said from last gen. I really can't think of a better game. Lots of great games, sure, but at least storywise no other game was this good in my opinion.

>thicc kaine

I'm not sure I'm okay with this

nice feet

does it expalin why Kaine has bandages around her body?

like I get her stuff was torn off and Tyrann rejuvenated everything, but is her skin black or something in the parts he revived?

yeah it's supposed to have the same texture shades have

Even from last gen there were a ton of great games:
>MGS4, Asscreed 2, Vanquish, SSBB, DeS and DaS, Xenoblade Chronicles, NMH, Red Dead Redemption, Dishonored, LittleBigPlanet, Bayonetta, DXHR, Bioshock, Dead Space, Mass Effect...
Saying NIER is better than all of these is very pretentious. Don't get me wrong I'm not shitting on it, I love NIER but it has plenty of flaws, and it's certainly not the best game of last gen.

I was talking specifically about story though. Even then, I like most of the games you listed, but I wouldn't consider any of them as good as Nier except for DaS and Bayo.

But to call it pretentious is pointless (the word doesn't even have real meaning), this is entirely up to each person and doesn't mean it has to be a flawless game.

I just tend to value story over gameplay if only for how rare good stories are, so I probably prefer Nier over any other game from last gen, the same way I prefer Xenogears from the PS1 era despite being pretty much unfinished.

Basically, I care more about emotion than reason. I'm more interested in the themes and intentions of a game, than its actual technical execution because it makes it unique.

Nier is better than Assceed 2, Vanquish, SSBB, Red Dead Redemption, Dishonored and Mass Effect (2 and 3)

I find the story about Nier and his daughter to be really underwhelming, that moment after Emil turned into his current body gave me a slap in the face, i kinda feel pity for him, some moments in the game are legitimately good. is also something that i look forward to in Automata.

I think you are supposed to feel more bad abot Shadowlord than our Nier. Also about what a misguided and blind quest without even stopping to think about if the other side is more than what you tunneled vision make you believe can lead up to.

>Girl (Devola/Popola): We… we will atone for our sins!

So Song of Ancients Fate while fighting them again right?

What are they playing?

whats the name of the chick on the right?

Really? A2.

Best boy.

YoRHa Type A No2 (A2).

Best girl. I want to cuddle with her all night long.

I want to cuddle with lots of cute androids girls.

How would they feel like? I hope not cold and metallic.

Ugly.

Shame about her hips in the game.

the story is absolute trash, yeah, and the music is generic arias bullshit.

I don't think I can play Drakengard. Loved Nier, got all 4 endings and read Grimoire Nier.

I was gonna do Drakengard 1 before jumping inot Drakengard 3. But idk if I'm masochistic enough to finish Drakengard, let alone get all the endings.

What?

Fight me 1v1, nerd.

Lmao nier sucks just watch the cutscenes in youtube
-dev

Can't believe you guys are really defending this game with horrible gameplay, shitty combat, stupid empty areas to get from point a to point b.

Yoko Taro literally says everything he touches sucks.

Only girls? Why limit yourself like that?

F

Yeah, at least he's honest about it meanwhile Cred Forums defends the game so much and they do it for free.

I fucked ur mum for free.

You even got STDs in return.

Damn dude you need to read up on the chinese documentation though automata will make it obsolete sadly. Did you pay attention to any of the story? Drakengard endibg unleashes the white chlorination syndrome in tokyo which spreads. The whole point of nier is to fix it despite the fact that his daughter is sick with wcs so he ends up destorying the world because of it. Except Emil

Yeah but that's related to Drakengard 1, not 3.

>love the stories that progress from the side quests
>most of the sidequests are really grindy and shitty
>have to waste hours just to find out how the plot to the side stories end

That lighthouse lady sidequest...

she doesnt even have a dick, i dont know how this became a meme its no where in the game reeeeee trapsfags ARE the worst

Game was done with a 20 man team off and on. Gameplay sucking isnt really valid when im sure youll defend kingdom hearts battle system which suffers from the same repetition. What faggot doesnt enjoy a bullet hell arpg? Sure it could be harder.

Wow are you serious? Taro stated it and her mom talks about it

It's canon, and she isn't a trap, she's a hermaphrodite.

>Taro stated it and her mom talks about it

Except that didn't happen. Nowhere in the game does it say she has a dick.

See

See it doesn't say she is a hermaphrodite either.

She fucks a corpse's ass and masterbates with her dick.

isn't there a canon story somewhere about kaine stroking one out after killing stuff because it gets her hard?

There is a side story where she rapes a dead body with her dick. Unless it was Tyrann dick but that would be even more disturbing.

you can post lies all you want but no one will believe you until you post proof

SeeYou were linked to stories with this stuff. Or are you going to claim someone was willing to write 100+ pages of lies?

Implying someone is supposed to go through every one of those links to supposedly find whatever proof it is you're saying exists. Either link it yourself or just admit you're wrong.

(You)

I hate it that anime style could even turn the worst kind of slut and mad mental wreck into a cute girl.

>"Ugh… hah… hah, hah, hah, hah… haaaah…"
>Had her wound reopened? Did she come out her to withstand the pain alone? Needing to know, I stepped forward.
>"Are you all right? I can redress your wound…"
>The mist lightened enough for me to see her form. I gave a sharp gasp once I had.
>She really was possessed. The left half of her body swelled with unfathomable darkness, peculiar lumps circulating within it. It seemed as if another creature, with its own will, separate from the rest of her.
>She had noticed me by then, so I did my best not to look disturbed. Repeating ‘all men are brothers’ in my mind like a prayer, I showed her a smile. But her gaze was turned downward. I followed it, my eyes were pulled toward what she held in her demonic left hand. The moment I comprehended what it was, all the hairs on my body were standing on end.
>What she held in her hand was… a large, engorged male member… yet it was hers. Upon the swarthy organ there were littered many veins, which I could even clearly see throbbing.
>She wasn’t merely possessed. She was of both sexes!
>"On nights after I kill shades… …I can’t stop myself…"
>Lifting her head to face me in the mist, the woman spoke her first words to me. Her eyes were narrowed, her thin lips opened like a thin cut on her face. Her pupils locked onto me as their target, her left hand began to move up and down furiously. Her breathing became even more ragged, and her upturned eyes began to lose their focus. I knew what was coming next.
>"Stop it!"
>I cried, averting my eyes from the moment of climax.
>"Don’t come near me, you… you monster!"

The source is The Witch's Sabbath side story.

Everyone else already believes it because we have READ THE FUCKING LINKS.

Great post, idiot.

Thanks, friend.

You are no one's friend.

No problem, I just read it the other day so I had fresh where exactly it was.

I started this game about 4 days ago and was wondering if there's any information I should know going in or if it's just linear and I just play without worrying about anything. I just got to the 5 year timeskip and can use other weapon types now, if that helps. I assumed the choice with Kaine would have led me to an ending of some sort?

>nier
>better than Dishonored

Even the new game will definently be better than Nier 2 platinum garbage

Hey, so I was able to do some research and apparently there are multiple translations.

The one you quoted was a fan translation from a tumblr page that has 404'd. However, the other translation omits the "yet it was hers" lines and seems to imply that the penis is actually from the shade that possesses her. Is there any way to actually confirm whether it is hers or the shades?

story and gameplay is shit, music is god tier however.

At least we have Platinum working on Automata so the chances of the gameplay not being absolute garbage isn't that high.

Don't worry, you can only get ending A the first time.

I sure hope you did all the sidequests, otherwise you'll have to restart for the plat.

Dishonored was much better in the gameplay(and maybe artstyle) department, but in every other way, NieR beats it.

>inb4 gameplay purist

Where is the other translation?

I dunno. I saw that one Automata boss fight video and the song was a remix of the Popola/Devola song but the fight looked like a 3d SHUMP with all the projectile dodging and shit.

That's good. Do the other endings have any special conditions I have to worry about or are they pretty straightforwards?

If that's all that sidequests do, then I'm good. Honestly just borrowing a friend's PS3 and have no interest in trophies.

docs.google.com/document/d/10Zcv9nyYvtkOy2lCjCTp2oM3YPrXZ7gPzhHAX34ts9o/edit?hl=en

Dishonored is such a boring game it's hard to put into words.

>If that's all that sidequests do, then I'm good

Pretty much, they don't affect the story in a big way, but they're nice for characterization.

>but in every other way, NieR beats it.

Not in characters or voice acting

It's pretty straighforward, you get Ending B in the New Game+ (that adds a whole new layer to the game) and C and D are an option after you get all weapons.

>If that's all that sidequests do, then I'm good.

The side quests are some of the worst backtracking mess i've seen in vidya, literally long as fetch quests

Kainé and Weiss(with based Liam O' Brien) > Samuel the boat guy.

Everyone else are different degrees of irrelevant, or just forgettable.

Cred Forums being able to judge a story? Ha bunch of dumb ADD niggers who's only JRPG was FF7.

Seriously this place is for shitposting only mate. Well the occasional Falcom is thread is okay I suppose.

>The side quests are some of the worst backtracking mess i've seen in vidya, literally long as fetch quests

this. I hated doing them but I wanted to help out the villagers and learn more about them.

You will NEVER grow the legendary white Moonflower.

Same thing with me.I had to turn off the ps2 and check the DoD disc to make sure it's wasn't scratched or broken because I thought the music was skipping.

>Read that Emil is the skeleton character in the manual
>When I get to the mansion it's just some kid that can petrify people
>He's actually a weapon developed in a underground lab in his mansion
>Turns into a spooky skeleton to regain his normal eyesight and now knows magic

What the fuck Taro

Can't believe this fanfic tier garbage is canon. And Nierfags will defend it.

Your cookie.

>this game is still £30
What the fuck it's like 6 years old already

Would it really be worth getting just for the story? Or is the gameplay actually decent too?

At one point it was like 12 bucks, then it got to 30 again once it became rare and a cult hit.

It's out of print.

It's worth it for the overall experience, at least if you're the type of guy who likes to do all sidequests for the sake of getting as much out of the story and world as possible.

>dlc costume literally gives her a dick bulge

Its not canon, and it is a fanfiction translation written by some tumblr sjw who wanted more lgbq representation in games. trapfags link to it because they are mentally ill and want some meat to fap to. refer to & for the truth.

Could you post or link the other HQ character artwork?

>dlc costume for fun
>canon
pick one

also, where even is the dick bulge? also, have you ever been with a girl before either? they can have a bulge too you dumpass.

actually, let's say it really is a dick bulge, how do you know its hers and not the shade that is possessing her?

>fanfiction translation written by some tumblr sjw
even all the japanese fans? otherwise why is she a dickgirl in all their doujins? was there some big sjw world wide meeting to pretend she has a dick?

Kaine was born that way due to a malfunction in the replicant creation process. People in the Aerie treated her like a freak way before she got possessed.

>trying so hard to disprove Kainé is a hermaphrodite

>the novellas explicitly say it
>the drama cd has a track in which she bangs a dead man
>the game mentions her body being made fun of for not being normal even prior to getting infected by the shade (I'll give you that this is pretty vague in the western release, but it adds up nonetheless)
>official artworks where she has a bulge (yes, girls do have a bulge too, but not THAT kind of bulge, c'mon)

get over it user, it's just a fictional character

Did you play the game man? Did you skip all the text in those VN segments or something? Did you never even start NG+? Because if you did those things I don't know how you can still be this hard in denial. Her whole backstory is pretty much based on her being treated like a freak and outcast because she's a girl with a dick.

And all of kaine's few doujinshi that exist involve her dicking Nier.

Wait, are all of these written by yoko taro?

just youtube "drakngard movie" and watch the video. It contains all cutscenes and dialogues in game. If you are still hungry after that look up drakengard wiki and read the weapon stories.

Where can I download DoD 3's OST?

the voice acting was great. Devola and Popola gave good performances aswell and fucking Lu Bu as a daddy figure trying to save his daughter. come on now.

is it wrong to fall in love with YoRHA type 2

youtube to mp3 it or wait until some user posts the MEGA info

bump

That's like a mix of Kaine and 2B.