Anyone notice this?

anyone notice this?

the only difference is "more grinding for unlocks (gear and operators)

i think it's a good game and just wanted to mention this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VPwd0Va5ThA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, by all accounts the grind is so bad that you would be better off waiting for a sale on the main game.

by how much exactly?

the site said "18 hours something, something" but what does that mean in renown?

Dunno man, haven't played it - I avoid Uplay shit. Just read some people talk about it when mentioned.

even grinding in main game was unbearable so i can't even imagine how long it would take with that shitty edition

>Taking sides with DRM
Because Steam DRM is much better...

dont get the starter edition, the game is good but the grind for the DLC operators is more then enough grinding, having to grind for the starter operators would be a painfull experience.

Normally base game operators are divided into nations, and the first OP per nation costs 500 renown, second one 1000, third 1500 and fourth 2000. Can't remember the exact sums, but that's very close.

In that cheapo edition? Every single operator always costs 12,5k renown. It's a horrible grind that I wouldn't recommend for anyone, at least I would never have the patience for it.

OP here
i have to admit that im actually tempted to get it soely because it abides by rule 1 of PC gaming

do you guys who bought the game still play it to this day?

>it abides by rule 1 of PC gaming

What the fuck is this faggotry?

What's the rule anyway? It's not gay if balls aren't touching?

hey guys, you can AFK farm for renown. When I found out about it I got all of the DLC ops in like 2 weeks.

When it comes to the starter edition it depends on the type of person you are. I'm the type of person that likes to play everything so I need all of the characters. If you like to stick to a select few characters or "main" one, then you will probably be okay with the starter edition.

Also, AFK farming revolves around leaving your computer on for hours running the game while you go to work/school/sleep etc. so if you don't feel comfortable with that don't do it.

are you posting from a console or something?

I bought the game after playing it's free weekend a few months back, and even though my friends don't have it I still love it to death. It is a fantastic game

>you can AFK farm for renown

how? doesn't they added afk kick and vote kick?

youtube.com/watch?v=VPwd0Va5ThA
since I'm too lazy to type it out

As someone with a lot of experience with the game, it's honestly misleading that it's the starter edition because it's kind of useless for people who haven't played it.

Here's the way it works. Normally, you can unlock all the base operators for a total of 25k renown for all 16 of them, and then if you didn't buy the DLC it's 25k renown for each DLC operator. You get anywhere from 100 to 500 renown for a completed game, so you'll unlock most of the base operators within 20 hours of playtime or so.

With the Starter Edition, it starts you with 2 random operators (one offense, one defense) and lets you purchase 2 more of your choice. Then, every single other base operator costs 12.5k renown. So it'll take a LONG time to unlock them all. Except, you can buy Uplay points and spend real world money to get them, or buy the DLC and just use the overpowered DLC operators exclusively.

Here's the thing: if you have NO IDEA which operators you want, it's pointless to get this version. But if you're someone who has played the game a bunch on PS4 or XBONE, then it's perfect since you can just get the 4 operators you want the most.

If you really want Siege, go on Ebay. They're selling copies of it for cheap. Or wait for a sale.

What? I'm not trying to start a console war, I don't even own a current-gen console. "rule 1 of PC gaming" still is gay as fuck anyway.

What if I already played Siege on Free Weekend and have lots of unlocked operators? Will I have to re-grind them?

Have the cheater problem been fixed?

If I recall correctly you can buy this version and use the uplay unlocker to have all the shit from the season pass. Dunno if it's safe to play online but I used to play terrorist hunt with my brother and nothing happened.

akcshually i wanna know this too

>Have the cheater problem been fixed?
Yes. That was only really a problem on the free weekend.

The whole point of the free weekend was to invite a lot of hackers to play so that they could update their anti-cheat system to better stop them.

those clever devils

i aint paying to shit on r6' corpse