Want to play this

Want to play this.

Important info.

I've never played or seen it in any aspect.
I played Chrono Cross back in 2001 and beat it (before I knew CT existed)
I have a 3DS XL and a Supercard DSTWO with the DS game.

What's the best way to play it; new version, rom on handheld, rom on PC, 3DS with 1:1 ratio, 3DS with normal ratio, SNES with cartridge on old TV ?

Emulate the snes cart and play through until you can get the dev ending

Buy the PlayStation version it's got dbz videos in it and they diddnt change frogs voice like they did in the 3ds version. But then again the 3ds version has some new monster battling thing in it I guess never played it though

>SNES with cartridge on old TV ?
Objectively this.

>read up on CT's endings
>fucking 13 different ones
>one of them shows marle & luca reviewing the male characters in the game, and is also the only instance you see chrono say something
Man, you can tell the devs really loved this game.

It shows. Chrono Trigger is pure magic.

3DS version ?

You mean DS version ?

And there's voices in the DS one ?

I assumed, but that'd be expensive.

I played it on PS1 and it was really slow in and out of battles. Pretty quality over all, though.

Wait, what.

PS1 version ?

Yeah, it came with Final Fantasy 4 in a combo pack or something if I recall.

Was it an actual port or emulated ?

It was shitty and slow. The DS remaster is much better.

SNES version is still overall the best.
DS version throwaway shit and fucked up a bunch of stuff.
PS1 version have cutscenes but it has load times and shit.

It was like emulated I think, only thing I notices is the second delay in and out of fights, which seems a bit awkward, but after awhile I don't even notice it unless I'm repeatedly running away from enemies.

DS version didn't remaster shit. The biggest change was the inferior script.

Mediocre game overhyped by normies, not worth the waste of time

I snagged the PS1 copy out of loyalty when it released. It was an awful remaster. It actually turned me off of touching the DS version.

The cart was magic. I'd love the FULL dream team to reunite and make something new.

The DS version is less censored. So what if they got rid of the Woolsey-isms.

Hi OP. The SNES version is the only acceptable version. Emulation is fine, you don't miss out on anything if you're not using a CRT television and you're drooling out of your mouth because you're 5.

The PS1 version runs like ass, and just feels worse. The cutscenes that autists love to rave about are cancerous anime garbage that run about 5 seconds. There's like 1 minute in total of these cutscenes, so considering them like they're some positive aspect is beyond autistic.

The DS version would be the definitive version in terms of features, as it adds some unneeded garbage like an arena mode and the cancerous second screen that adds nothing. On first glance, the DS version would seem better, however, HOWEVER, the DS version gives you instructions in the game itself, when the SNES version just assumes you're not a retard. I swear, there are tutorials on how to use a fucking MENU in the DS version.

Sorry for this autistic block of text, just love the game and want to see someone else enjoy it properly, properly meaning the SNES version. Emulation is totally fine. I've played it using a keyboard. Enjoy yourself.

Also Chrono Cross blows. Only GOAT JRPGs are Xenoblade and The World Ends with You.

The DS version emulated would probably the best experience.
Seriously. I love this fucking game, beat it on SNES bought it for DS when they announced it, 100%ed the DS version.
The DS version adds a nicer interface to the battle system but also gives you the option to go with the classic control scheme.
The DS version also adds more endgame quests and a couple new endings.
Definitely do the DS one

Found it. Also meant to add Chrono Trigger as a GOAT JRPG.

Chrono Trigger is GOAT
but let's agree to disagree when you say that the battle system in the DS is worse.
because I think it is better than if they reused the SNES combat scheme, which you can still access on the DS version by going to the options menu in the game.

You should try Lost Odyssey