Bitch about Miyamoto thread

Let's discuss the world's alleged greatest video game designer and talk about how many times he has fucked up potentially good ideas and your gaming lifestyle over the years.
Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2010/06/turns_out_shigeru_miyamoto_does_like_donkey_kong_country
iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/starfox/0/7
serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40303
youtu.be/xL83Ko0vYrw?t=809
store.steampowered.com/app/517030/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who?

I'm fucking tired of those e-celebs threads just fuck off alrady

who

Aonuma > Miyamoto

Why doesn't he like DK country?

Tanabe or Miyamoto? Who grinds your gears more?

Pikmin for 3DS is the straw that broke the camels back
FUCK YOU MIYAMOTO
he just got by with a series of flukes and his true colours are showing

Aonuma is only redeemed because he actually apologized for being such a retarded hack and is actively making an effort to improve. Two years ago, you wouldn't be caught dead praising him.

Let's discuss the world's alleged biggest faggot and talk about how many times he has fucked up potentially good threads and your image board culture over the years.

He's the person who used to own Cred Forums you newfags.

"mediocre game play" but that's true for all 2D platformers

He poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague onto our houses

Why would you assume Miyamoto has much of anything to do with that game?

Tanabe just for Paper Mario, I know Miyamoto was involved & he pisses me off also but Tanabe seems to have had more of an influence on that series since he was the Producer.

Is Miyamoto the George Lucas of video games?

Tanabe was responsible for:

>Sticker Star
>Federation Force
>Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
>Color Splash

George Lucas was known for adding tons of characters during production.

Miyamoto removes them.

He just got butt blasted that other people can make better platformers than Mario

That's the point though, he didn't think it was a very good platformer.

He thought it was okay, but was very surprised that it sold so well, and proceeded to say that thing about everything selling well if the graphics are good.

this just straightup isn't a thing, that infamous quote of miyamoto trashing DKC is made up

why would i assume otherwise

nintendolife.com/news/2010/06/turns_out_shigeru_miyamoto_does_like_donkey_kong_country

Because it would be considerably safer assumption.

He ain't getting rich selling his life's work like Lucas though.

for me that honor still goes to Yoshio Sakamoto.

>Phantoon is the key to all of this...
>the scenes are so dense

Toad is the key to all of this.
If we get toad working...

Tanabe is literally responsible for almost everything wrong with Nintendo nowadays.

Is this the color splash thread? I can't 100% tangerino grill, some places are too high up and I cant seem to reach them. I beat the final boss so coming back later wont help. I tried cutout and talking to everyone, but no dice.

>Pretendos
>Disliking a game make you a fake fan.
kys

lets be real, is splatoon ended up not getting released then miyamoto WOULD be near universally-hated by the community

Paper Mario wasn't even his fault. He mostly made suggestions and the team took it way too far. He said no OCs. That didn't mean no party members, no story, and combat you're better off skipping.

Star Fox was crap, it was never going to have the time it needed because it was always going to have those shit Wii U controls. Sad part is, that if they just had the gyro controls as the only gamepad interactivity, it would have worked fine.

>The same autist is just butthurt people are catching onto Miyamotos bullshit

This guy's an idiot, but I like the idea that his whole idea wouldn't even be able to go trough his thick head if nintendo wasnt that consistent with quality... Most of the time.

The only thing I can think of in his entire history is when he wanted Rare to include a scene at the end of Goldeneye where Bond shakes the hand of the guys he shot in the hospital, Rare made it so it was all a movie in the end instead. Butthurt Paper Mario fans still blame him for telling the developers of that series to not rehash their most popular game.

>ps2 generation thinks their opinion matters

fucking kawaii my niggas

Cody has a blog?

>Star Fox only happened because some team there was fucking with some RC plane demo, to which Miyamoto forced that idea on it.
>He literally held the series back because he couldnt shoehorn a gimmick on it
>Adding more insult to injury it's just the same retarded game you just got five years ago on 3DS but even more shitty in every way

F-Zero proves it, what with him stating he wouldnt make a new game until a gimmick was made. Guess what, he found a gimmick for it

An attention whore like him has to have a tumblr.

SFZ's controls are fine if you aren't DSP levels of stupid and the final boss is the best in the series (not really saying much). It also doesn't take place entirely in the chicken. I'm willing to bet based on the awful sales most people complaining about the controls never played the game.

Still pissed about Starfox Zero
I dunno how it was possible to make a Starfox game I would barely waste 3 hours playing after I spent huge amounts of time on 64 and Assault but Miyamoto found a way.

>chicken walker vs chrome head is better than brains and eyes

trade in all your games now

dinosaur planet.
i did like it with fox, but knowing i would be a full Crystal on tribal outfit, it makes me rage.

>caring more about how the boss looks than how it plays

The only nice thing about Miyamoto that I can say these days is that at least he isn't Sakamoto.

>Shoot hands
>Fly out
>Somersault to not die
>Dense rinse and repeat until both hands are gone to which
>Shoot eyes
>Shoot back of head when dizzy until he's dead

>Implying this isnt the most halfassed final boss in the entire series

It's still pretty shocking how one of the old guard at Nintendo actually pulled their head out of their ass and realized that they need to make games for an audience and not for themselves.

Sakamoto makes good games though. He has made ONE bad game. 6 years ago.

He ruined paper mario.

That alone should force him to commit Sudoku

Super ruined Paper Mario. The new games are a response to it.

>shoot hands
>shoot face
>fly behind brain and shoot in the cerebellum

Incredible final boss fight.

>This bullshit again.

Complaining about the length of a Star Fox game? Fucking really?

Nagoshi > Miyamoto

Because it was better than Mario

Didn't Miyamoto get lost in a cave when he was a little kid and that inspired him to make games later on in his life? I wonder what happened in there...

The Star Fox 64 final boss has a bigger weakspot than the Striders in Star Fox Zero have and they appear in the first level.

The Monarch Dodora in Star Fox Zero is 100x better than Brains and Eyeballs.

Assault, which is the longest game that's a shooter is still around 3 hours long.

Fucking Pretendos.

I'll be glad to see this shithole shut down. You won't have anywhere else that will take in your bullshit.

He messed up Zelda 2, but that's about it.
Everything else is people just wanting rehashes.

Bosses in this game were GOAT in general. The controls really made fighting them a blast, since it opened up all sorts of new doors for you to fight them.

Flying around a boss, trying to find a weak spot never gets old. Sequel when?

Link me to your blog senpai

What's the best way to tell a falseflagging cuck? He shits on Miyamoto for any percieved fuck up at Nintendo.

Fuck off you worthless dilettante. You know even less about the internal affairs at Nintendo than your average diseased retard on this scandinavian deepsea diving webgroup. In a world of valueless tripe and cinematic dogshit, I'd rather play something Shiggy designed any day of the week. Even if it's not perfect, at least it has the basic fucking principles of a good game. No pay to win, no movie garbage, just strong fundamentals. Not to mention, the man is an IP-creating juggernaut.

As an idort with a strong hatred of motion controls, I'll never get on the Miyamoto bashing bandwagon. He may make mistakes sometimes, but that's what happens when you're constantly trying to push the envelope. At least he treats this guttertrash industry like it's still something special.

he is just xenophobic, like most of his countrymen.

Holy shit that's stupid. Although the game itself doesn't show itself as a movie, just that actors shit in the credits. Thinking about it it was a good way to trick Miyamoto.

you still have 8ch to deal with senpai :^)

>2016
>having autism
Pinkie Dawn called, he's want you back at the VG Facts bubbleshack

8ch is irrelevant. No one can take those faggots seriously.

Fuck you. Motion controls are the new standard. Far more precise than keyboard and mouse.

Sales don't mean shit though. DMC2 outsold DMC3.

8ch/v/ is more relevant than your little disqus hellhole that is VG Facts, Cody.

stay asshurt

It only took Sakamoto one game to permanently ruin the Metroid series.

Even Sonic team needed a few practice runs to reach Sonic 06's level of awfulness.

People didn't try to pretend that Star Fox Assault was completely broken.

I think that specifically is what drove people away. Remember, the gaming press has become SIGNIFICANTLY more corrupt in the past ten years.

This.

Delusional. No one talks about games on 8ch.

tell that to Command

or are we going to forget the time Miyamoto explictly said he won't be able to do more Star Fox game if people didn't buy 643D?

iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/starfox/0/7

>No one talks about games on 8ch.
I concur

meanwhile there's daily "threads" of the same people whining about how people are "pretendos" over not liking a mediocre Nintendo game.

of course this coming from the same guy who defends Other M like no tomorrow yet gives Amiibo Festival a free pass because nobody at Miiverse likes it.

Get fucked, the first two weeks of Zeros release was nothing but defense. All because Zero turned out to be a mediocre pile of shit that it is, but you know what if I had to say anything good about Zero it's that it just shows that Star Fox 64 is over.

The real kicker of it was that a few anons fucking warned this a goddamn year ago.

>Miyamoto
>E-celeb

Pick one

It's getting increasingly hard to take criticism on boards like Cred Forums seriously.

Pretendos are more than willing to make up issues with games to try to act as if they are disappointing. Zero is no different.

>be game designer
>innovate
>people shit on you and want you to iterate

>be game designer
>iterate
>people shit on you and want you to innovate

IIRC, Miyamoto was actually disappointed with Zelda II. I think he said that the developers only used the first ideas they came up with for that game, and he wanted to do more with it.

>Command sold like shit
>Star Fox went on a coma for nearly a decade
>Miyamoto comes out saying if new players don't buy and like SF643D, he and Cuthbert can't work on Star Fox anymore
>only got a Nintendo Select in europe-exclusive

don't forget the time FE devs said the sales manager of Nintendo HQ said FE will be cancelled (due to a repeative amount of low-selling FE games in the 7th gen) if Awakening doesn't sell 250k.

serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40303

Nintendo doesn't have time for dragging a niche series in the mud each gen, either you stop living in the past or it's bye bye to that series.

>It's getting increasingly hard to take criticism on boards like Cred Forums seriously.
try staying at your shithole place then

this ain't no hugbox

Why would you lie in an anonymous chinese board?

Please stop false-flagging. Nintendo is more than capable of making mistakes.
And motion controls are usually not more precise than keyboard and mouse because they're never implemented in a manner where they could have comparable precision. One of the only exceptions is Splatoon.
Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo. I have the 3DS, Wii U, and like 50(?) amiibos, but they don't listen to their fans.

ITT: Paper Mariofags that once again pretend that IS isn't the problem

They need to find a balance, they either make copies with minor changes or completely changes it, which isnt what people want from long running franchises

Yeah, he regretted not delaying it and working more on it. I think it's part of the reason why he's so careful about games anymore.
Supposedly, he's the reason why huge areas of Metroid Prime were scrapped. They didn't live up to his standards. It may be why we didn't get a Kraid fight, but the game still ended up being a 10/10 from almost every reviewing outlet.

>someone wasted time making this
>there are people that seriously think just means anything

>The same retard from miiverse bitches about those hating Nintendos recent shitty games
>Uses a term taken directly from Doug, the most autistic show possible

I want a new F-Zero but thank god this hack can't think of anything to make it worse. Once he's gone maybe.

nice

People know that the issue with pm is mostly on IS and tanabe, but saying miyamoto didnt have a small part in it is also wrong

He already did though, enjoy seeing F-Zero die as well. It'd be a fucking miracle if it doesnt turn out to be shit

>the final boss is the best in the series
what
no its not. Brain Andross is.

color splash released in 4 days, i'm hyped

The forced auto-lock on alone makes most bosses worse than SF64.
Also SFZ's Attack Carrier fight is way worse than SF64's.

Dinosaur Planet!!!

He killed Rare and StarFox the same fucking time. People say Microsoft killed Rare, bullshit they were already on decline and Miyamoto killed what could have been their final blaze of glory.

Then he came back and fucked every attempt to revive StarFox

Cody?

more like Bogey

>yet another Nintendo thread derailed by the bald underage autist.

Stop replying to him you dummies.

is he even old enough to have seen that show?

>Implying

Rare fucked themselves over.

>Dinosaur Planet survived by becoming Adventures as Rare killed off all their old games after being bought by Microsoft, that Replay collection doesnt mean shit as their CEO told fans to fuck off when the demand for remakes was being sent to them
>Microsoft though wanted to get rid of Rare by trying to sell them to Nintendo, Rare refused to go back to Nintendo and just stuck with Microsoft
>Nearly all of Rares staff left and became Playtonic because Rares CEO was a jackass

Nintendo did nothing wrong, Rare was as bitter as they are now. At this point i'm even thinking Microsoft didnt do anything wrong with them either, sure there's the Kinect shit they made, but try to look at how Microsoft has given their consumers what they wanted as of late while Rare has done nothing but be complete dicks about everything?

>Implying Dinosaur Planet would've been good on it's own
>Not seeing how everyone said it wasnt anything special

If Adventures ever does get a remake though, it'll be hilarious if it ends up being much better

and why do you care?

Miyamoto isn't the "major" problem, he's part of it.

>Pretendo
You're aware you just look absolutely ridiculous while using words you made up and are the only using, even if you used them enough for us to know what you mean, right?

Given he's 16, most likely not, but as someone who watched this shit back then it just feels a little coincidental.

el chupacabra! aiieeeeeeee!

It really just shows how autistic all of my critics are.

That /cow/ thread of one person spamming the same four or five images of me saying stuff and pretending as if I'm par with Chris-Chan or something is just plain sad to look at.

I think it was Rare's internal problems as well. They were having management issues since the expansion pak days, when they made shit that couldn't really run on the N64.

Hey, I'm not sure I understand your shtick, but if I get it right, you're a very obstinate nintendo fan, and try to like every game and judge others that dislike some of them. I don't care much about arguing, but based on that, any chance you know the answer to ? I'm still stuck.

Is Cody the most legendary shitposter of all time?

I dont see how it's really derailing when it's funny for how it's impossible for him not to get butthurt over people not circljerking over the games he loves

It got leaked like a week ago, I 100% it, it's better than Sticker Star but it's pretty mediocre overall.

>mediocre
It's better than SPM if you ask me, which isn't the end all be all of paper mario, but it's still something.

>Miiverse user =/= shitposter
>Underage at that
>Implying it isnt Lanced Jack

Oh wait, none of you even knows who the fuck he was.

>Pass user

>It really just shows how autistic all of my critics are.
you're really calling people autists while you sit on your computer skimming Nintendo threads on why people are "pretendos" for not liking a mediocre/weak Nintendo game like Other M or fucking Awakening

you're even friends with a filthy brony

>That /cow/ thread of one person spamming the same four or five images of me saying stuff and pretending as if I'm par with Chris-Chan or something is just plain sad to look at.
honestly i've told the guy to post more /cow/ material of you instead of just posting simple caps like a stalker

and in my opinion, you're more in par with SexGenie or ManlyTears than turboautists like ChrisChan or MTP.

the first two i've mention are not only lolcow-tier, but former resident shitposters of Cred Forums. one of them was a huge Sony fag shill.

I still prefer SPM over it since I hate the combat that much. I'd give SPM a 7/10 while CS is more like a 5 or 6/10. Areas are about on-par though.

>Lanced Jack
NIGGER, it's been how long?

trying my best to forget that asshole Lucky Starfag

Cody is like Quentin but with no self-awareness.

no, he's not even close to major shitposters like Ruggarell, Siztra or Quentin

I feel like characters are better in color splash while combat is indeed a tiny bit worse.
I hated SPM for it's combat, for it's very shitty characters all made out of lines, for simply not having enough dialog to offer and It was the only paper mario game I've played that I couldn't finish. I didn't play Sticker Star because of bad publicity.

Hell no, ACfag will always be king.

>says shitty opinion on based DKC
>starts a shitstorm that comes in pulses via remembrance
>years later, he comes out wiping his tracks
not that hard user

youtu.be/xL83Ko0vYrw?t=809
>"Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good.”
and he isn't wrong. just do something like TLoU or Mario Sunshine and you're good to go.

I haven't had the chance to play CS yet. Sorry.

I'm really looking forward to it, though.

Oh well. Thanks.

he also did SMB2USA

god that game was fucking boring as hell. rather play the e-reader levels of SMA4

daily reminder

While they are weak character designs I didn't mind the whole blocky thing going on with them, the game was trying to do it with it's whole digitally animated theme that it was going for (which I swear, no one ever acknowledges). At the very least I prefer them over Toads being everywhere, I don't see what's so hard about having variety and sure CS has some Shy Guys & Snifits around and I won't lie, I love them in the game but it's really dull when 1 or 2 character designs gets focus.

That being said I can understand someone liking CS unlike SS where I find it baffling beyond maybe the Enigmansion (the haunted area in the game), CS has actually some nice moments in it & again, the areas are pretty good. I still fucking want it to go back to it's roots though, no matter how much they keep polishing this gameplay style I just really can't stand it.

wasn't it the leamen bros that decided to sell Rare to Microshit?

I was hyped as fuck for Star Fox Zero and that was one of the biggest disappointments of my life.
>git gud
Okay, so now the controls are no problem. What's left is All Range Mode: The Game with shitty vehicles that break up the pacing, no alternate paths, and no alternate endings.
>Trust your cockpit view, Fox!
Aonuma was right when he said that shit was asanine and similar to driving with a GPS in your fucking lap.

Honnestly, I felt like Color Spash used a pretty honorable number of unique toads, from the pirates to the destiny Key toads, while not forgetting chefs or artsy guy. Adding the rescue toads and the non-red toads which where always used for a special occasion, like a group of toad doing something, it makes a cohesive world.
It's a shame they didn't go for Piantas, Noki, and other friendly races though, if they did both that and what they already did with toad, I feel like the game would have been all set character wise, but it's still pretty neat.
Your picture is taken from a point in the game where every single toad in lin has a different line when spoken to, that would refer to the situation they were in when you found them, what they feel like right now, what they want to see in the circus, some guy who's tired and another reprimanding him.
That's part of what makes this line funnier.

>Aonuma was right when he said that shit was asanine and similar to driving with a GPS in your fucking lap.
saying ain't so?

>once was the greatest videogame desinger
don't do noting worthwhile for more than a decade now

There are some more unique designs which I like (unlike SS), but there are a shitload that don't have any, like the Professor or the green science Toad that lets you go into SMB.3 or the ones waiting for Piper. It's just dumb how they limit themselves & how the big majority are generic (hell, you've probably seen it by now but even the concept art is so much more interesting, even the one featuring Captain, compared to Captain's final design the unused ones look so much better). Also like you said, I want more races both friendly & enemy-based, Toad needs to fuck off. In PM64 & even more-so TTYD there were varying races so none had a big focus or were shoved in my face like a old joke that's been beaten to death. It's just irritating seeing 1 thing over & over again making the game feel super repetitive. It's like they had a test character & never bothered to change it.

I know where the picture is from, like I said, I 100% the game. That line alone still describes a lot of the game though.

I agree.
Honneslty, Because I'm on my way to 100% the game, I have to buy it cause that's what I do, but I also don't really want to because fuck, paper mario's dying, the remake is never coming out because no one wants it and I don't like it.

Wait a while and buy used, like people will return it in 2 days

>Aonuma was right when he said that shit was asanine and similar to driving with a GPS in your fucking lap.

The cockpit view is a first person perspective shot of the same action. It'd be buffoonery to compare it to a GPS.

>Sunshine
>mediocre gameplay

I agree with the other user, buy it used. I know there's a risk of the series dying due to it not having big sales but I'd rather take the risk even if I have little to no hope of it returning back to form.

By the way, did you re-meet the Sunset Express Shy Guy in the Mossrock Theater area yet? I'm looking for a save file around that area since I want to check something.

I already tired fleeing the fight. He doesn't say anything and is still there when I come back. He's the one hanging on one of those circus ropes near the ptooies right?

It's still fucking stupid though.

>Standard view isnt 100% accurate when shooting
>FPS is 100% accurate at shooting that the game practically forces you to use it

Why don't you try learning to play? It's fantastic once you get it down.

Yeah he's the one there (a different Shy Guy respawns there even after you kill him though, I wonder if fleeing effects that scene). I actually wanted to see if anything happens if you die from him as opposed to fleeing though since I've seen a couple Anons question that now.

I have, but it's not fun. It's shallow as it is mediocre

Maybe the shy guy I have is the different shy guy, I have no way to know. I tried fleeing because the shy guys in the parrallel worlds all "seemed good", so when I had to fight a shy guy over stealing his washing machine, I just flew the fight and he sat back down with new dialog. "Hey look, it's that jerk that stole my washing machine with all of the laundry still inside!".
This made me think of encountering the shy guy just to flee him, but this had no effect.
Now if I die to him and nothing happens, I won't know if that's because it isn't him or because he ain't supposed to say anything.

How about you kill him first to check & if you see the cutscene reset the game so nothing saves? The game only auto-saves when leaving levels after all.

Died; nothing happened. I'll kill him to check if I have the right one.
Hell, dying to this group is hard.

You mean the person who changed videogames forever and created the most iconic character on vidya history, and even more widely recognizable than fucking mickey mouse?

remember how nintendo BTFO everyone at this years E3 with a single game? guess who was the series creator of said game. Yeah, Miyamoto again.

dont forget you are here today because of this man.

Are you saying miyamoto had involvement in BOTW? Because he barely had. Aonuma and Miyamoto aren't in good terms since SS

Just killed him, it's him.
Neither fleeing nor being killed by him has any effect.
Time to reset, hope you're happy.

He lived to see himself become the villain, blah blah blah.

Cause he hates black people

Alright, nice to know, thanks.
Kill him will never make me happy, he deserves better.

i mean without Miyamoto the zelda series wouldnt exist in first place. He actually invented a new genre 30 years ago and other games have copied mechanics from zelda games since forever

I tried to give Color Splash a chance, but the first 20 minutes were modern Nintendo 101:

>title Screen has nothing, gets recolored slowly
>intro has no dialogue whatsoever
>get to some poors man's TTYD port
>painfully obvious "hub" with shit to put stars
>baffling use of the gamepad (select, recolor, swift)

It feels like something made on an assembly line. Souless as fuck.

You get to change controls later in the settings and the intro thingy is just a thematic loading screen.
I agree on the game being leagues behind the first two games, though I don't think anyone expected anything less.
You might find some cool stuff if you keep playing, though you'd have to be able to enjoy a game without liking it's combat system It's utter shit, which wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

filtered, kys

I'm pretty mad at nintendo because they're trying to monopolize the mobile game industry. Is kind of pointless for any developer to compite in that area with games like mario or pokemon. They better not mess with steam or else i'll be more angrier.

>They better not mess with steam or else i'll be more angrier.
*cough*
store.steampowered.com/app/517030/