Your opinion on Doom

Your opinion on Doom

Halo rip-off.

trash compared to the 2016 version which sold literally a hundred times more because its a better game than the original which didnt have arena based combat.

(You)

too old
shitty graphics
shitty controls
not even real 3d
too long
generic arian male protag
only gore is the selling point
unfun

lel

I love DOOM, both the originals and the reboot

Still holds up, evidenced by the fact that I still play it regularly

Fun as fuck when it came out. Only playable again with brutal mods

Doom is the Doom of videogames

forgot that the story is pretty much nonexistant so its a "no" for me

>December 10 is its 23rd birthday
still the best

The original release didn't even run at 60fps.

go to bed grandpa

Present day if this was sold?
0/10 pure fucking garbage don't even look in my direction.

Cred Forums, everyone.

I get that this is bait, but it's true 2016 DOOM is objectively better than the old ones, you'd have to be really fucking retarded to say otherwise. Like that's not even nostalgia anymore, that's straight up mental disability. Still fun to play, if you like that sort of thing.

Doom 1 > Doom 2

yes we all have opinions here but that doesn't mean anyone wants to hear yours

JUST FUCKING BUY THE NEW ONE IT'S TH BEST SHOOTER IN THE PAST 40 YEARS
AND DON'T WAIT FOR A SALE IT'S BETTER IF YOU BUY IT AT FULL PRICE

>but it's true 2016 DOOM is objectively better than the old ones, you'd have to be really fucking retarded to say otherwise
Nope. You´d just have to have better taste, and NOT have rotten your brain with a decade worth of shitty, AAA console trash.

I even witnessed a total rookie play and love Doom 1 for the very first time couple months ago, simply because we were shocked to see D44M be so praised for the stupidest shit.

it was doomed from the start

I get that this is bait, but it's true DOOM 1 is objectively better than the new ones, you'd have to be really fucking retarded to say otherwise. Like that's not even impressionability anymore, that's straight up mental disability. Still fun to play, if you like that sort of thing.

This is some advanced autism. Don't you have a train set to organize?

Fuck no. The game is horrid by relying on QTE's after you shoot a few bullets. The entire storyline feels like an abandoned Doom 3 DLC and some levels are literally the same from the original game.

>4 Mancubus level minus the Spiders

Member shareware?

>We know that a big part of the original Doom title was shareware, so we're happy to announce that the new Doom will have a FREE one-level trial for you to download for a limited time only!

Mentally disabled people on Cred Forums

>Doom literally became the godfather of all fps games purely because of piracy
>Cred Forums is anti-piracy
Funny how times are achanging and people get recycled here

If avoiding a garbage game means being "mentally disabled" then sure. All I wanted in a DOOM game was to shoot demons with barely any focus on the story. Nobody gives a shit about the lore, Nobody cares about some bitch's motivation, and nobody cares about some faggot robot utilizing hell for whatever reason.

They have failed in every aspect to make Doom, something that's incredibly simple to do.

Too violent, horrible for the future implications of our society.
Shouldn't be allowed. Needs to be banned.

That is doomed.

>he plays video games for the story
I bet you steam library is full of visual novels

even id understands

Why are we still talking about Doom?

it's the very reason boards like this even exist

>kids these days
>fucking millenials
>back when I was your age
>get off my lawn

This is what you sound like.

OH DAMN! EVERYONE CHECK OUT THIS SICK BURN!!!

Saved for Cred Forums nostalgia threads, so people can see how you destroyed that guy.

Bland and repetitive

Fun shooter and one of my all time favorite games

Doom 2 is an expansion pack labeled as a numerical sequel

>The Library
>not repetitive
user, pls

old school and has been. didn't need a soft-reboot
>vidya-wood made sure of that

doesn't make them wrong. played quake 1 for the first time last month and it's the best FPS I played. completely shits on anything released in the last 10 years.

Love it.

Cool. Quake isn't Doom, though.

I like it. I think it's pretty fun.

>Demos are no longer created because publishers found that allowing the public to get a taste of their product before they've shelled out cash lowers sales
>A publisher releases a one level demo for a fucking limited time only, and it's a big media event
>"There's nothing wrong with the modern game industry, you've just got nostalgia goggles on"

too video game like
not cinematic