Did you like Circle of the Moon?

Did you like Circle of the Moon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5I5mUeRKOhg
youtu.be/CKzXp67HALY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Very much so.

it was allright, the controls are a little clunky and coming from SOTN and it's huge ass variety of items and secret it's a huge disappointment but it still gets the fundamental right and honestly it's probably the hardest metroidvania

Yeah, man. Shit's fun.

Yes.

Vast majority of Igavanias are enjoyable, even when they had their budget halved.

uh fucking oh

Iga wasn't involved in Circle of the Moon, that's why it's better than anything with his name on it.

Yes, but being able to only hit an enemy once per "tick" is very annoying, which makes certain subweapons useless (like the holy water), there are FAR too many copy+paste rooms, drops and abilities are unbalanced, and probably something else I forgot. Also Harmony of Dissonance is better.

Why exactly was there a goat demon gimp in Dracula's castle?

He was freshly revived and needed someone to guard that part of the castle. The gimp goat was the first to apply for the position.

This game was so fucking dark on my gba sp that I never bothered to finish it. Too much eye strain.

I always felt like this was one of the demons that didn't want to follow Dracula, so he got punished for it.

Awake is unironically one of my favorite Castlevania tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=5I5mUeRKOhg

It is okay, really clunky and overrated though. People to tend to praise it for its nonexistent difficulty which is annoying but doesn't detract from the game itself.

It was okay, probably my least favourite out of the Metrodvanias.

Now that I remember, I hated to grind for hours just to be able to do some decent amount of damage.

FIREBALL

Reminder: If you have any valid card combo, you have access to all of them.

If you activate your card combo, pause the game, and select different cards, the cards you selected will be used even if you don't have them yet.

Nothing quite like turning the Fire Whip combo into Unicorn Summon.

he doesnt know about skellingtons and infinte xp

I liked it but the instruments the music uses were terrible

wow really?
So many hours of my life wasted on grindings cards.

Yeah.
Still the worst metroidvania because its controls and level design.

Sometimes, ol' Drac needs to relieve some stress

Why was this allowed?

Yeah. Just keep in mind that you have to keep setting it back up if it ever deactivates, since you absolutely must have a valid combo to start with. Still, worth it even if you grind for most of the cards - Unicorn and Black Dog were kind of bullshit to get.

To appeal to japanese children. Al it did was piss off the fans.

At least OoE fixed it before IGAvanias dropped off the face of the earth.

Was Kojima busy during those years or what?
Seemed kinda dumb to just abandon the better art style like that.

Ecclesia portraits are nice enough, but SotN are still #1

Here's a video for confirmation, btw.
youtu.be/CKzXp67HALY

Charlotte!

I want to ravage the vampire sister ojous.

Jonathan!

oh no, jap game has jap anime designs.

Also CotM is my favorite GBA vania, AoS is objectively better though. HoD is a good game but shit compared to those two.

>defending a downgrade from prequel to sequel
The mentality of a cuck.

>after Richter, the Belmonts just fucking disappeared until 1999
>nearly 200 years of Belmonts just gone from history
So, seriously, what the fuck happened?

Lots of inbreeding.

The whip was pissed after Richter's fuck up and wouldn't let any other Belmont touch it for 200 years.

Yes, I know that part. I mean: why? Where were the Belmonts? They had to have gone somewhere. Why did they not keep in contact with the families the whip was passed on to? Why did they never attempt to fight Dracula and his minions without the whip? Why did it take nearly 200 goddamn years for one single Belmont to finally man up and grab the whip?

Now that is anyone's guess. Its possible they felt like they needed to lay low for awhile or had to do some special training to repent for that fuck up and just let the Morris family deal with it until they could handle the whip again.

I really enjoyed it. They did a good job not just 100% copying SotN and blending it with more classic Castlevanias, and the magic system was cool once you got more cards or used the glitch to use whatever you wanted.

Main thing that stood out to me is you weren't so floaty, your movement felt way more heavy like the classic games. And it wasn't all about landing cancel/backdash cancel since your whip had serious range, power, and didn't animation cancel. I like that a lot more than the cancelling stuff just because since it didn't cost resources in the other Metroidvanias, there was no reason not to do it every time and not doing it was doing 1/3 the damage you should be or less. Gets real annoying having to do that every time you want to attack to play optimally.

>belmont and merch in DoS have same face

fuck this shit

It's like that in both AoS and DoS. Also fuck you, now I can't unsee it.

Julius has a pretty good Druid Face in DoS.

Always run cheat code makes it a much better game.

>Soma loses the furred collar in DoS
That was the first red flag for me.