Best anti piracy DRM?

make the game installer 80gb and pirates wont bother

its so simple and effective

>the normals will still buy it coz they dont know what gigs are. they are too busy fucking our sisters/mothers

I'm not sitting around to download 80gb for no fucking reason

>no DRM in 80gb game
>pirates repack it without multiple languages and other items devs forgot how to compress
>14gb

same reason why i didnt pirate shadow of mordor and quantum break

This, pirates are the ones that actually compress shit, devs don't bother

>takes 4 hours to install

there r ways how to make the game huge without making it possible to compress

>add a huge unaccessable level/room with 4k textures

there r hundreds of ways....devs just havent taught of it yet

>And comes prepacked with a bitcoin miner

No thanks

False and actually steers people towards pirate versions.

BlackBox and others repackage the game without the crappy XboxHUEG parts amd languages, game ends up being 1/5th of it's size and fully operational.

Denuvo remains the most effective way. Even if it occasionally fucks legit people over.

Would you look at that, it's already working.

OP you might be onto something.

>yet another dumb faggot that downloads from untrusted repackers
I bet you think that tpb and mega are honeypots

When comes the time that most PCs can handle quick loading of 4K textures and giant meshes, 80gb as a standard game size should no longer be an issue anyways.

As a matter of fact I don't pirate, I purchase my games.

I like to parrot what other piratefags say because it's funny and get people worked up.

this. OP clearly never heard of fitgirl repacks.

at least the install time is something you can manage with a SSD. it's much worse to download huge files with limited speed/bandwidth cap.

This only worked when you sold physical games.

>80gb game.
>70gb is uncompressed shit, multi language audio and bloated FMV crap.
>Game is like 8 gb at best.

Meh, I prefer wait for a repack. Also the games are bloated even on consoles. Disks are just for DRM.

that's because steam doesn't want devs to compress

No retard even as a consumer I'm not going to sit around for 3 days while an installer downloads

Blackbox can only fix the installer size. Installed size will still be 70-80gb.

My HDD is small, so i really don't bother pirating huge games.

Why not? To lower the installation times?

>"anti piracy" DRM
So ordinary DRM is "anti consumer"?
sounds about right.

That doesn't really sound like much of an obstacle

to minimize error posting when unpacking fails, especially from dudes with old HDDs that take them hours to unpack 50GB games
downloading never really forces people to hit up customer service, even if it fails

I can only imagine the amount of vibration your case produces.

Not necessarily
If you remove a ton of languages including the fmvs in those languages and compress the audio quality yiu save a lot of space even afterwards
Look at most FFXIII repacks, they either remove English or Japanese FMVs and you save like 20gb of both download and install size

iirc the pirated version of Titanfall ripped out half the uncompressed sound files to make it a reasonable size

Why doesn't Valve staff compress games like that? It's in their best interest as people who maintain the servers.

>Denovo
Oh fuck, did I slip back into the berenstein timeline?