CRPGs

Are you hyped for inXile saving this genre?

Don't care about TToN but I hope Bard's Tale IV is good.

replaying baldur's gate 2 after all those years it's still a blast

No because wasteland 2 was mediocre

Is there any way to make the camera less clunky? I really want to play Gothic 2 again but it really didn't age well.

>c
that fucking c at the begining. it triggers the shit out of me.

>new vegas
>crpg

?

Never had any issues with the camera. You can zoom in and out to your liking.

This, someone explain

For some reason people now think crpg means computer rpg instead of (dungeon) crawling rpg.

>people now think computer rpg means computer rpg

>(dungeon) crawling rpg
No

DIVINITY 2 FULL RELEASE WHEN?????

FUCK EARLY ACCESS

I guess i missed the point when faggot started using term 'crpg'. What was it, 2012? 2013?
I mean, up until mass effect it was either an RPG or JRPG and thats all. Now you faggots want to add c for no reason.

Why c? 'computer'? why not console? ist console just a software locked computer? doesn't that mean console rpg is the same as rpg? the fuck is then?
fuck me, this is so illogical my jimmies are rustled beyond any reasonable point.

I guess it is to differentiate from AAA """""RPGs""""" Dragon Age: Inquisition, Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3, RPGs that actually have skill checks, reactivity and an ounce of complexity.

Is this the unskilled pleb general?

How's the book reading going?

I remember that back ten cRPG basically meant hack&slash games like Diablo 2.

Is it good? I only see people crying about the third person dialogue which doesn't bother me.

It's an '80s term to discern between tabletop RPGs and ones on computers. Now people just use it for anything that resembles pre-2000 RPGs.

>video games
>skill

>inXile
RPG Codex plz go and stay go

im ok with this. now every rpg that is not JRPG is crpg. and this is ridiculous
I wouldnt place witcher and fallout 4 in the ame category. I mean i enjoyed that tiny bit of exploration that f4 provides, but that game is not rpg at all.
Its an action with rpg elemetns, not even action-rpg. And definitely not rpg.

Is The Witcher 3 really that much more RPG like?

It's hip to hate on inXile now

>fallout new vegas
>cRPG
But its on consoles.

Divinity: Original Sin 1 was one of the best RPGs I've ever played.
Although I must say I played it with a very good coop-partner which maximizes fun.

But if you like old-school RPGs and like to feel comfy and homely in a world then go pick it up right now.

Don't buy the sequel, wait for it to get out of EA.
Divinity 1 looks gorgeous still, anyway.

Started playing Fall of the Dungeon Guardians last night. Seems alright. I like that it doesn't take itself seriously and doesn't give a fuck with the dialog. I might be a baby and turn on the mapper before you find the magic map just because it might end up pissing me off.

At least there you play a role of a witcher.
And in f4 your motivation is fucked:"Where's my son? oh, lets build another house".
but thats a matter of opinion, i think.

The Witcher 3 is not an RPG and anybody that says otherwise is a underage faggot who never played a good RPG in his entire life.

Witcher 3 is a Action-RPG with shitty gameplay and great cutscenes. But you have no impact on the story or your own character, really. Also the world doesn't change at all.

You can decide which ending you get which means its an RPG
Welcome to the 21st century's definifition of RPG

I played about 2 hours before I forced myself to stop, so far it seems really promosing, not sure about the changes to combat though.

Divinity OS 2 is the only game I've looked forward to in like 3 years

It's an RPG, fucking retard.

It doesn't need stats to be a ROLE PLAYING game.

And then it throws you back in a world completely devoid of all the characters you interacted with - hurr - they just magically vanished!

fucking awesome ending
I thought people would get mad as fuck, but all the fags (obv. not you) defending that shit on here are even funnier, imo.

So, i've been playing on pc for the past 20 years, played almost every considered classic rpg games there are and i'm also in a heterosexual relationships.
I read witcher books and then played games and it seems to me that whole witcher series are good rpg games with strong focus on action (since source demands it, at least in the first 3 books).

Are we playing different games? Maybe your definition of underage faggot is misleading? Maybe you are underage faggot, who never played a good rpg before? What is it that bothers you so much that you swear at random people?

Sure it is, kiddo.

gigglinggirls.jpg

tl;dr im guessing butthurt

Who cares? There have been more than 40 years of RPGs its bound to fit somewhere.

Ever played Way of the Samurai? Is that an RPG?

If you didn't play it you should get out of Cred Forums, underage retard.

Oh noes, you used a battlepicture against me.

Dragonfall>Hong Kong

>What is it that bothers you so much that you swear at random people

are you serious?

on Cred Forums?
wtf

please go back to >>>reddit

Is this the best cRPG?

I always thought crpg meant character rpg ie developing your own character is the main focus

Fix your detector, it points at your side.

It's a shit dungeon crawler

>this post

are you 12?

>battlepicture

Stop dodging the question.

exdee lmao

Wastlenad 2 worth playing?

No.
you are a faggot.

samefag, please

You're really a underage retard wow.

anyone got thoughts on siege of dragonspear?
does the dialogue get better after the tutorial/npc hiring part?
>inb4 the tranny is shit
yes i know, i doubt there's any character that's as badly written as he/she

O RLY? Who would've thought that.

consecutively advocating one point-of-view is not samefagging, newfriend. It's just posting 2 posts. lol

It's not the best but still worth giving a shot.

>does the dialogue get better after the tutorial/npc hiring part?
No

let me quote

"So, i've been playing on pc for the past 20 years, played almost every considered classic rpg games there are and i'm also in a heterosexual relationships."
LOL

Get the fuck out, newfag.

lol

check the date of creation on my newfag detector, newfag

antique but accurate.

well that sucks, it's pretty abysmal so far and i haven't even gotten to the boaresky bridge yet

Shit thread
Making a new one while you faggots jerk off to join dates like a forum

Will they learn from Wasteland 2?

Will they finally design an UI that doesn't look like it was made by a lazy Unity "dev" in 15 minutes?

Is dx11 renderer still crashes and lags every 15-30 minutes? I heard the development stopped?

I tried almost all smt games and I don't get the appeal. Almost all of them are dungeon crawlers but there's nothing to do besides well fighting and crawling dungeons and raising demons like somr pokemon games. Sure some battles are great and the atmosphere is ok but they always seemed boring to me.

I finished Legend of Grimrock and quit the sequel like after 10 hours. I like the level up system of the first somehow more. Else the LoG2 is better. But somehow i got tired of the gameplay. Anyone feels the same way? Loved the jumpscares tho.

Just tried the 17.4 renderer that came out about 10 days ago after the previous versions being unplayable for me and it works fine.

Grimrock 2 is more puzzle focused. Did you play them back to back? Easy way to burn out.

Well I tried to explore everything in the first game.