40k in general welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/298900/announcements/detail/848191531991195084
steamcommunity.com/app/298900/discussions/0/343785574535807782/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mfw

That mace at the end looks awfully heretical

>spacehulk shit
can they do anything else with the entirety of the 40k universe that they have to work with?

Heavy Flamer bro here when this shit comes out!

The setting is certainly nothing new, and I don't blame you for wanting something else. My hope is that this will do well enough to spark interest in 40 FPS in general, as well as in the properties that take place elsewhere/with other factions. I'd kill for some Gorkamorka

I've been following this game since Feb.2014

I've read every article.
Seen every video.
Even the ones that aren't in English.

Ask me anything.

what are you gonna do when it turns out to be garbage

kms

what is best weapon

You.

This will definitely blow No Man's Crusade the fuck out.

How many maps are they planning?
Also, can you go in gameplay wearing normal power armor or are termies standard issue?

If I remember correctly, SEVEN with more planned. These maps are massive, btw.

Termies all the time. No other option.

The video in OP shows the plas cannon jamming. Can we expect all weapons to have jamming mechanics? Do we know if this is RNG or condition-based, or something else?

It is NOT condition based.

They have not revealed that much information about jamming, but it is very likely any gun can jam. Doesn't make sense to have the weapon with the least ammo be the only one that jams.

One can safely assume it's random since there is no equipment condition other than your armor.

Aw man, I kind of like power armors but Termies are fine.

Also, how many types of enemies are one to expect to encounter in the space hulks/maps? Are tyranids the only type of xeno's or are orks also present? What kind of xeno will represent the tank(of l4d fame) equivalent in game?

Also will bolters be represented as what they are? And by that I mean fully-automatic grenade launchers that can blow the innards of enemies and cripple them before they can even feel the pain in the first place?

I think that might be a replacement for overheating.

More info here: steamcommunity.com/games/298900/announcements/detail/848191531991195084
>The classic Storm Bolter is of course here, alongside Redemption, a unique spread-shot variant capable of ricocheting shots around corners.

>The Heavy Flamer lays fire on walls and floors, cutting off choke points and punishing those who dare cross the line. The Storm Shield can withstand heavy enemy fire, and the Thunder Hammer carries so much latent power that striking it upon either surface and flesh causes an area-of-effect shockwave around the point of impact.

Honestly though, the fucking Tyranids are the most boring species in the whole universe. How anyone can like the whole non-sentient hive mind type stories, it's so mind numbing and lazy. Bring me Chaos Marines or Even Orks who can at least make decisions on the fly, or have a dark back story or Eldar who are weird and creepy and stealthy etc.

Tyranids are just so farkinnnggggg zzzzz

Orks are being worked on. They have stated in several interviews that adding extra races wouldnt be difficult, its just not something they had planned for the base title.

This also goes for PvP. They want that within the first year of it's release.
They are planning on alot of content.

Expect alot of tyranid and cultists. Alot of cultists... while fighting gene stealers.

Storm Bolters sound and feel heavy, but it seems like they toned down the explosive ammo aspect a bit, but if you look, the bullets do show some hard impact. Alot of limbs.

its because of how boring tyranids are and how basic the space hulk formula is, that those are the games they make, because its safe and almost impossible to fuck up, but they still will fuck up, because good 40k games pretty much don't exist

just give it to omega force and let them make a fucking musou, and it would be better

i'll expect the worst and be surprised by their best.

I'm currently expecting a l4d 40k clone ala vermintide, and so I haven't preordered yet.

How's single player going to look like?
Is it just co-op with bots?
Will your squadmates have personalities or are they just stand-ins for co-op buddies?

Single player is the ONLY time you can play as a Librarian. There will be 2 bots, if I'm not mistaken.

Multiplayer will be 4 player normal termie.

There is story, sadly they have not revealed any form of voice acting. Especially with all gameplay being combat based to shut the Facebook people up.

The bots will have names though, cross your fingers for VA.

Cypher hidden boss when?

>musou
Please, in the Emperor's name, no. I'd rather have a proper action game as an Eversor assassin or some shit.

Just like Vermintide, they keep making these l4d clones but keep omitting the versus that made l4d popular.

GW is going to fuck over Streum and will take none of the blame, calling it now.

>Is it just co-op with bots?

not him but apparently you can issue orders

You're so full of shit.

You can play as a Librarian in coop. You can even have 4 librarians in coop.

>tfw playing dark eldar and harlequins
>tfw there will never be a game based on their lore
>DE faction is never mentioned in epic stories and such
>space marines everywhere

I just hope it's not an other L4D clone

>putting 4 librarians on one space hulk

Heresy!

>tfw Chapter Master will never be finished
>tfw you will never turn a loyalist chapter into a chaos warband, razing planets and killing loyalist scum

We will be able to use xeno weapons right? Since we have a Deathwatch member in t%^รท^/^

steamcommunity.com/app/298900/discussions/0/343785574535807782/

Yes, I take it back.

You can play as FOUR LIBRARIANS.

this was originally not planned from earlier interviews. The libs were said to be too strong for multi. Interesting to see they changed that.

Make sure anyone interested in this READS THAT LINK.

There are 15 weapons.

We've seen hammers, maces, lightning claws, flamers, AC, stormB, plasma, sword, fists

That's all I can recall so far. Who knows at this point.

>musou
Good God by the holy name of the God emperor please no.

I saw you mention 'lots of limbs' but in the Arsenal trailer, we don't really see any dismemberment. In a previous thread, people were discussing this and it appeared that there was no dismemberment.

I know it's not a huge detail, but it's something a lot of us are curious about. Also, will the corpses be static and lay around after you've wiped a horde?

Dude, the corpse question is a matter of PC specs. Nothing more. If you can't max it in the settings, there's probably an ini file.

And yeah, there were heads popping, but you do have a point. Shame.

Those weapon sound effects are pretty piss poor

>Stapler assault cannon
>[Quietly brrrrrrrrrt's]

>tfw it won't be this cramped

CYCLONE
MISSILE
LAUNCHERS!
FUG I WANT RAWKET LAUNCHERS!

Also will Scott Mcneil lend his 'Spehs mahreen' voice for this? How about Mark Strong?

I want to see a rok fucking slam into a hulk. Imagine fighting Nids and then all of a sudden a shit ton of orks just spill out, fighting each other as much as you