Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XuOYmqSF6OQ
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Sean Malstrom Blizzard.png/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/UEiRZHwNQ_plLAtXIeWf5A/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the last good developer
>Overwatch

Who? Kalgan? kek no

jesus, I think that image gave me cancer.

>Implying Overwatch and Hearth stone weren't extraordinary successes

>Legion sold as many copies as Cata and WoD
>Player numbers haven't dropped a month in

>Starcraft 2 was great until the expansions
>Diablo 3 RoS fixed the game
>Overwatch is amazing
>Heartstone is mobileshit

ded

>This very successful game depended on guys like Pardo. How long will this game last? We'll see.

Warcraft 3 was their last good game. Prove me wrong.

>shitty cardgame that's based almost entirely on RNG
>massively successful, requires minimal resources to maintain

>another shitty WoW expansion that's even more dumbed down than the previous ones
>millions of people buy it, get angry, wait 2 years, buy the next one

>1:1 copypaste of TF2
>everyone and their mother buys it

Granted D3 and SC2 are dead, Blizzard is still printing money with little to no effort required.

Blizzard, Obsidian and BioWare are dying.

Just forget about the other flops and focus on the well-received, yet content-deprived Overwatch.

Diablo 4 MMO? Fuck yes, sounds sweet. Hopefully it's more like Diablo 2, but with massive multiplayer.

>people actually prefer Overwatch over fun-filled times given by Arma 3
baka

you absolutely need friends to play arma 3 with though

WoW, Hearthstone, and Overwatch are all pulling in mad dosh right now.

I wouldn't be suprised if we got a new game at Blizzcon this year. Hopefully it'll be a new IP and not "X IP's characters in a new game genre."

I just want them to make WoW F2P already

>Metzen leaving
>Bad

It's obvious you're not a "longtime fan" if you think this is a bad thing. The dude has single-handedly murdered any sense of consistency in Starcraft and Warcraft, and basically ushered in the age of B-movie garbage we've been seeing from them lately. Starcraft 2 is legitimately the worst fucking plot I've ever seen in any video game, and that's without even accounting for how hard it shat on the excellent plot from the first games. The goddamn post limit is too small for me to even begin talking about how much this douchebag fuck with the most punchable face on earth ruined Warcraft.

It's not good enough that he's gone. The dumb fuck needs to hang himself.

Blizzard games are creatively bankrupt, but they still make a shit load of cash by appealing to normies.

sub time is so cheap in the AH it basically doesnt have a monthly fee

What has happened to the SC2 tournyfag scene anyway? I haven't watched any of the pro players since a few months after WoL came out.

EU token prices cost twice as much as they do in the states and you still have to buy an expansion every 2 years

so it's far from f2p

gold tokens on EU servers are like 90k gold, no way they are cheap.

Everyone jumped ship when MOBAs were getting big

they're half of that in freedom land
seriously, look it up

>>Player numbers haven't dropped a month in
[unsourced]

Mobas killed the genre competitively
SC2 killed itself with terrible writing and plot.

Exactly. Many might doubt but the thing is... If you think him leaving is bad then you also haven't been playing modern blizzard games at all. Everything you say is 100% truth. The guy actively butchered WoW lore into the abysmal pile of shit it is today.

Fuck Blizzard.
They ruined Starcraft 2 the moment they decided to split it into 3 for pure greed.

SC2 is fucking dead even Koreans went back to Brood War but apparently they are planning a hd remake of SC1 to try and revive the franchise.

>opinions from a literal who
>BLIZZARD IS GONNA DIE HOLY SHIT

Am I missing anything here?

ARMA isn't the same experience at all.
What I actually want is another good fast paced team based shooter. TF games are dead as hell though.

ARMA is entertaining in its own way, don't get me wrong.

Overwatch triggers memories of TF games. On the surface it's really similar but it's actually not the same at all from a gameplay standpoint. Blizzard could never actually create a proper TF game with their game design philosophy. They make shit too rigid, over designing it to an absurd extent, and refuse to make anything with emergent gameplay.

that's because more normies in america buy them in hopes of selling them for gold so they can buy content carries.

>hearthstone
>successful
lmfao

I agree with that small article in OP's pic. Anyone in their mid to late 20's would have had the opportunity to play through all of Blizzard's 90's and early 2000 games and can see the definite dip in quality across the entire board. I used to own every single Blizzard product up to Warcraft 3. I haven't seen a reason to give Blizzard a dollar of my cash in 12 years.

>WoL starts off somewhat promising with an average story, enjoyable campaign progression with somewhat interesting side characters, all tied together with a Bioware-esque choice system
>everything falls apart after the entire focus of the story shifts to saving Kerrigan, which by proxy lead to the two abortions of writing that were HotS and LotV
honestly they should get some new writers on board because a lot of the schlock they've been putting out these last few years (can't comment on the novels and books) has been disappointing

It really is.

"Normies" isn't a thing anymore in this niche. Blizzard sells millions of games because they have a fan following and make unique games.

(X) Doubt

I don't even fucking understand what's going on in the Warcraft universe anymore. Especially when they threw in the whole time traveling alternate universe thing.

HOTS is a good game.

>SC2 killed itself with terrible writing and plot.

While I think the writing in SC2 is abysmal, the reason it failed probably has more to do with the fact that the game is split into three parts and Blizzard completely neglected the tournament scene.

Nobody is going to practice SC2 for 10+ hours a day when the prizepools are beyond laughable and you can get literally millions playing LoL, which requires far less mechanical skill.

Since this is the gen of HD remasters we are going to see HD everything at Blizzcon. I wonder what fun ways they will find to ruin them?
>guys we removed that pesky lan gaming for improved product quality! Cant let pirates touch our new HD Versions can we?
>Starcraft now has Starcraft 2's shitty map lobby system. Say bye bye to those custom maps you had fun with.

Honestly I just want Legacy servers so I can finally ignore everything else Blizzard is doing and I can just replay the pre Activision games all I want.

not him but it's been blizzard's flagship game for close to over a year now, though that following may be fading with the balance changes that came with whispers of the old gods

Anyone who still believes in Blizzard after a full decade of releasing the most dumbed down, shallow, mind numbing games and expansions should be ashamed.

Just calling them casual doesn't fully capture what's at work here.

They are essentially selling war veterans heroine instead of therapy. A quick, expensive high with no lasting positives instead of a long term rewarding experience.

HotS has about 2 million active players. Not bad.

and?

>wow is fine, probably healthier than it's been since wrath
>new diablo game in the works, theories abound that it is a MMO but diablo 3 still has people playing it years later, it was a commercial success
>hearthstone was and is entirely too poplar
>overwatch sold entirely too much. What kind of retard could even think blizzard is in danger with a release like that?
>hots is whatever. I still play it as do many others. For being a sc2 mod it did pretty well.
>starcraft was always b movie shit. In reality, the sales model did more harm to sc2 than the game did to itself.

i seriously doubt that, i don't know of a single person who plays it among my group of friends and it sounds like hot garbage to me. i suspect most of the people who do "play" it are chinese.

So what happend with the vanilla WoW thing?

fucking blizzard ruined Diablo the only game i ever cared about

fuckthatloser.jpg

The success of Overwatch alone makes it impossible to believe the claim that "Blizzard is dying."

Blizzard don't give a single fuck. They're out of touch, arrogant corporate assholes. What exactly did you expect?

it's all stupid memes, btw

>forum post from some literally who without a single reference on the Internet totally shows how blizzard is dying

>Metzen leaving and Rob making a new studio

I'm not following the whole WoW bullshit since L*gion came out, but am I getting baited? Is this real lmao?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>none of my friends play it and it sounds like garbage so it's not successful
with them having released player number which numbered in the tens of millions, along with the fact that the game has always managed to reach top 5 most viewed games on twitch for a while now (used to be top 1-2) is clear evidence that yes, it is indeed successful, user

I sure hope the handsome detective Manny Pardo is on the case

>player numbers
so chinese farmers and "active" players who haven't played in six months

Don't worry they have a huge Diablo announcement planned for this BlizzCon.....They can save the franchise....right?

>Diablo MMO

Fucking BRING IT NOW

>Guys Wow is DYING, FOR REAL THIS TIME
>Guys Cashstone NEEDED rob pardo! ITS FINISHED

Every time I just kek even harder

I disagree with a lot of shit blizz has been doing recently but to think they're gonna die any time soon is dumb

>Tf2 is dead guys valve is doooooooomed

World of Diablo reveal

>not even bothering the defend it

Blizzard games have a god awful player retention rate, they survive on new player blood aka Normies. How many people who played Overwatch in May still play it today?

Given how you can easily make the 30k gold for a WoW token this expansion if you're not completely retarded, it may as well be already

Activision would never let them release a product that competes with itself

Its why Titan got shelved and re-purposed into Overwatch. Admittedly that ended really well.

Try posting without an idiotic analogy if you want to be taken seriously.

Nothing. They shut down the private server. There was a huge outcry. They said they would listen, proposed their own spin with a "pristine server" that seemed to miss the point, and even met with the guys that ran the private server.

And that's the end of the story.

I regret buying Overwatch.

his analogy is completely accurate.
not that it particularly makes any difference. You could say almost everything is funded by various types of drugs. Our own government makes a killing off illegal and legal drugs.

I play it with friends every few weeks for a few hours.

The Frozen Throne.

What now, brah?

>idiotic analogy

That's exactly what's at work here, though.

Blizzard are fucking drug dealers now. They don't want to make a game you can play for a long time, that loses them business. Instead they want to make something that has mass appeal and gives you the full experience quickly, so you move on and buy their next xpac or game.

they're going to announce Diablo 2 HD this blizzcon

>make WoW free-to-play
>make questing relevant
>add a fuckton of cheap transmog items to the in-game store
>rake in the cash

You'd be surprised by how many people enjoy the game when they first try it, even to this day.
They only complaint is always the price and monthly fee.

Blizzard is literally the most profitable game company in the world. They make so much money every month for running an absolutely mediocre mmo, they release the most hyped up game of 2016 (besides NMS) and it sold and was reviewed extremely well, so many fucking retards play hearthstone and buy its card packs and they have almost nothing to do to maintain that, and Starcraft 2 is almost 7 years old and it's making headlines literally today as the first foreigner in a long time has beaten the unbeatable koreans.

The only mistake blizzard has made from a casual-gamer focused market perspective is HOTS, and that was almost no effort required from a creative/artistic/developmental since they just used the same basic gameplay and used all their own huge cast of highly recognizable characters instead of making up a bunch of bullshit like battleborn.

And that's just from a gameplay perspective, financially they can do no wrong. HOTS was relatively cheap to make and despite
>muh subscriptions numbers
Legion is making incredible amounts of money for them for recycled gameplay and reused art assets.

You people are fucking delusional if you think Blizzard is anything but the best game company out there. Just because they don't make touhou rape simulators that appeal to your tastes or buy all the rights and remake Deus Ex so it transports you back in time to when you played it for the first time doesn't mean they aren't objectively the best for almost the last 10 years.

> tfw you preordered every single diablo, starcraft and warcraft games in the last two decades

All of that money and I'm even more addicted to wowpedia

Blizzard is experiencing what all companies experience in their 2nd and 3rd generations. Your talented people leave more frequently than your useless "talkers" and eventually you're left with a bunch of talentless hacks like Ben Brode who are good in meetings but have absolutely zero skill or vision or ability.

Everything turns into a mess and your useless talkers then make sure that the company is dead by hiring only incompetent people so that their cushy jobs will never be in danger.

Defend this

Well next month we'll get the official "no we're not doing it" at Blizzcon. If they don't even mention it, it's as a good as a no.

>make unique games

no cokeman of hype, no buy

Metzen leaving isn't a bad thing by any stretch, but blizzard isn't starting to die, its been dying.

Every game they release is a joke now, and all the memers saying diablo 3 is better than 2 are full of shit, D3 is still the PVE game where fucking builds get nerfed for NO REASON, fucking whirlwind barb hasn't been relevant in like 3 seasons, and when it was, it was a hodgepodge of shit thrown together by the community and super convoluted to make work, and then they NERFED IT for no reason.

meanwhile on diablo 2, they don't do jack shit and the game has been the same for over 10 years and is still VASTLY superior to diablo 3, I play it fucking yearly after each ladder reset and it never fails to entertain, meanwhile I don't want to touch diablo 3 anymore because they always nerf shit that is actually good in favor of obtuse bullshit that is anti-fun to play, not to mention the whole greater rift thing basically requiring exploits to succeed at

Overwatch is dead because its a fucking tumblr bait meme game with 0 content, I knew a dude who worked for blizzard (has since quit), and he said they never intended to add real content to overwatch, but the shills will eat it up for as long as possible I guess.

Warcraft is also just basically dead and buried, the numbers for wow are horrendous, trust me, last time I heard the numbers from my friend, he said the game was below 1 mil consistent subscribers, when you lose out to FFXIV you are fucking dead..

Just delete blizz already

I'm pretty sure Blizzard is at its best it has ever been in years

Legion has revived WoW in a sense
Overwatch is still popular as fuck same with hearthstone
From what I've heard Diablo 3 finally got it right but it was too late. Everyone who plays seems to really enjoy it. They usually hop between PoE and D3 to maximize fun
Starcraft 2 is starcraft 2. It was always niche as fuck because that's the modern day RTS genre
HotS is HotS it's not doing bad enough to complete close it and blizzard seems to be fine with the results it is producing

I don't give a fuck because I don't play any of these games but I'd be lying if I said Blizzard is doing awful right now

youtu.be/XuOYmqSF6OQ

It sells what 2 or 3times more than the real tickets? And around 25 thousand people went to it in the last 5 years and this year may see even a higher number.

Whats there to defend?

although I'm not really defending blizz, I don't regret buying overwatch. I always have fun playing it

>where fucking builds get nerfed for NO REASON, fucking whirlwind barb hasn't been relevant in like 3 seasons, and when it was, it was a hodgepodge of shit thrown together by the community and super convoluted to make work, and then they NERFED IT for no reason.

lol, you don't understand blizzard.
they didn't design it in so they nerfed it.
blizzard fucking hates emergent gameplay because they didn't plan it out which means it has the capability of being OP to the community. they can't have shit be OP to the community under any circumstances. It has nothing to do with reality, or anything. It's literally just that somehow something emerged naturally from their programming instead of being overengineered to the point that every encounter is actually just on a single look up table.

salty diablo player crying about things he has no idea

this thread gets better each minute

I have played SC:BW and SC2 since launch and SC2 has never been better than it is now.

Fools and their money.

There's always some Russian streaming that shit.

Amazing post synergy here

He created it in the first place. I think he just ran out of ideas. Everything after WotLK was fucked because they were just using the story from Warcraft 3 until WotLK ended.

>40 bucks to watch a live stream
>the actual event is always sold out, months in advance

What the fuck are they gonna announce at Blizzcon?

Diablo 4 MMO?

COOL! BEING MORE LIKE WoW IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SERIES NEEDS!

Daily reminder that private server emulators for WOTLK had found an existing technology for actual character bots to play with you in dungeons, and reverse-engineered it to some extent

If you download a WOTLK private server emulator, you can port to a WOTLK dungeon and have a group of NPC bots with you doing it.

That was 6 years ago. Keep that in mind next time you try to say that the game seems "revived". There is a reason they hid the only indicator that would out them on that after all

people buy for the exclusive shit, not to watch

>baseless conjecture from a biased rando

No matter how crappy their games are, they print money. Blizzard isn't going anywhere

>WoW
>not making the most money it's ever made somehow, with the lowest sub count
Pick 1.

>we are suspecting something is very wrong with Blizzard lately.

lately? If by lately, you mean, years. Blizzard stopped being good the second WoW came out.

>Overwatch - Perhaps the last good

this guy is retarded.

Blizzard is going to get more popular, more casual, and less good. It's name recognition alone can have it release almost anything with incredibly popularity. Even Diablo 3 and SCII have a huge following with each expansion selling way more than they deserve.

>Blizzard
>make unique games

nope

>SC2 has never been better than it is now.

yeah, just like retards said the same thing about D3, and it's still a soulless, manufactured pile of mediocrity.

>like Diablo 3
>liked Starcraft 2 story, and it was a complete wrap up
I think everyone just have shit taste.

>copy pastes TF2 and adds hero skills
>last good game

kek

>manuactured
whats ur point?
I agree D3 is shit compared to D2 but SC2 isn't that bad man.

HOTS is legitimatelly fun guys, i finally dropped dota for it. I feel like most of the time I am actually having fun now, placed in Diamond 5 as well, so playijng dota helped some i guess.
It is not a dead game btw.. yet..

exactly this.

He was basically writing for money at that point. Guy can write quality stuff, as he has in the past. But instead of being able to write a new concept for something from scratch, execs at activision just threw money at him until he submitted.

He sold out, and it shows. His heart wasn't in his work. He was basically told to write so that they could make games last as long as possible, with multiple expansion (SCII) or to give people an amusement park with mascots to play around in (WoW)

>hots
>first map in a year

And 10 times more hero releases than its 'not dead' compitetion. Which do not release new maps.

sure, it isn't as bad as D3, but it's still...

it's nothing. it's not bad. but it's not good. it's literally like a robot made that game. It took SC1, searched for tropes online, and shoved them in, and an intern skimmed the plot and put it in order, and then it was given shiny graphics to appeal to the masses.

The rise of the MOBA has destroyed the MMO and RTS genres.

and overwatch is getting killed by paladins as we speak

and nothing of value was lost

Its fun (i fucking love the BW music in the new maps) but it has so little depth I don't see how you can make it your go-to game even for just the genre, let alone in general.

There isn't a game like WoW, with fluid movement, decent class fantasy / ability metagames (the fuck, GW2?), and what? Competitive PvP and decent PvE..

>1:1 copypaste of TF2
That's an insult to TF2.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Sean Malstrom Blizzard.png/

Sounds like a mad neckbeard.

It makes no sense how MOBAs are played so much except that the market has little to no standards. Variety isn't depth.

Nah you are wrong. The multiplayer is awesome and the campaign is actually really well polished. The side missions are also nice.

And TF2 is an insult to gaming, so it's fine.

that image never implied otherwise

hahahhahahahaha

I suppose, then again TF2 has fallen from grace over the years.

>hardcore ""gamers"" doubting the malstrom
funny how Bliz is SOOOOOO successful yet all the talent there is fleeing

i dunno, i think it is easy to pick up but not so easy to grand master... there are no items, yeah, but the maps bring out all kinds of strats and the talents are not always 100% straightforward choices imo, i like the build diversity on most heroes.

Is wow worth picking up to erp for a month then unsubbing

Not to mention the pretty shallow ARPG, Card, and RTS selection.

:|

WoW has a free trial up to level 20, just use that.

don't you level up every other minute in that game now? Literally everyone who plays is max level after a couple days

>Diablo 4 MMO
You fucking what nigger

Leveling is stupidly fast, even without Xp boosting items. Plus you can solo mobs that are 4-5 levels above you with relative ease. Still, the trial doesn't end once you reach 20, though you'll need to look up the restrictions on trial accounts, which I'm sure there are a few.

>Diablo 4 MMO
PoE and Grim dawn shat on D3 big time, guess they really have to switch genre.

Mists of Pandaria should have been a stand alone game. It was the most creative thing blizz had done in a long time and it's what gave me hope they could do it again.

For the first time in a long time they created a new world, new characters, new story. new art direction. the music was really good. it was the first time they hired competent voice actors instead of (poorly) doing all the voice acting themselves. new bad guys. you had an isolated world with thousands of years of conflict between the various races and an overarching evil looming in the distance who seeped from the land itself (the sha). It was a broad step in a new direction, instead of rehashing and referencing previous work.

Then WoD came out whch was just more MEMBER BURNING CRUSADE? MEMBER NAGRAND? Same old shit, same obsession with orcs, same convoluted story telling as they try to resuse the same old characters for the tenth time. And now Legion continues that.

I wanted to make an actual standalone post, but
>PoE
Lel.

if you hear some fag crying about literal who shits like Malstrom or Shokio, it's gonna be this underage shit again.

Blizzard gets elves wrong, their ears are not supposed to be that damn long

like half of my coworkers still play d2, including myself some of us during work hours on a private server

meanwhile, one of my coworkers still plays d3 and i see him playing d2 way more often

Isn't that a style thing like the shoulder pads and the technicolor pixie gnomes? They didn't exactly match DnD.

wait wait wait

isn't this the same autist who spammed about FF again?

I play D3 since the expac, I tried to go back to D2 which I played for ten years or more, and I couldn't. D3 is quality of life change over D2. And the endgame is endless grinding in both.

I can never reach level 30 in poe without getting bored and quitting. Grim dawn is goat though.

d2: hardcore mode is still fun, trying to make different things viable in hell is still fun, just running through the game on new characters is still fun. only thing that's not fun is doing baal runs/pit runs/countess runs until you're blue in the face.

if i was going to play a diablo clone, i'd play tl2 or poe or one of the other clones not designed by idiots who don't understand why the game was fun to begin with. d3 just isn't fun. but honestly, the fact that i'm still playing d2 ten years after i started playing it and that i'm hype that reddit's d2 private server is doing ladder reset sometime this month is just a testament to how good of a game d2 really was.

No. It killed it even more.
>no trade
>bullshit parangon system thinking it could replace the strengh, dext, vita & energy points
>easier
>drop rate more fucked up
>find all the end stuff in one day
>back to the same old diablo 2 style run

yeah no, RoS didn't fixed anything. If you played Diablo 2 you would understand what OP picture meant by
>didn't undestood what blizzard north did to make diablo successful

>people still don't realize it was a sting operation to get the devs on their turf and ship them off to federal prison while taking over the twitter account and type shit like "soon" to keep the nostalgiafags deluded
Biizzard basically pulled a Valve with that hacker that leaked the HL2 alpha, only they were successful.

That still is Warcraft 3.

>Millions playing LoL
LoL payouts and salaries are nowhere near millions unless you're a World champ.

Don't get me wrong, D2 was the best game of my life for so long. But I could move in since it's only a game. And then I went back to after D3 and the playstyle is shit compared to D3, which is optimized for smooth continuous action. D2 had flaws in its system that was corrected.
And the grind is shit, because you play against horrible drop odds with no reward. In D3 you have several ways to counter this. Endgame in D2 is like what? The pvp? In a game that was not meant to be pvp? At least D3 has leaderboards.

i never played d2 for the endgame, trying new builds and trying to make them viable (especially on hardcore) is what has always been fun for me

As a filthy casual I prefer thrilling 20 minutes pew-pew to 50 minutes of gold farm and bug exploits until one side gets critical mass. As a competitive niche product HotS is doing pretty well and develops faster than any other MOBA.

>paragon replacing stat system
>the point of paragon is to get to 800 to get mainstat
I guess I can just ignore the entire post you made.

>the endgame is endless grinding in both
but in diablo 2 you can stop lvl 90 which isn't that hard to reach, and start doing pvp or even try to have a good stuff, whereas on diablo 3 you will just grind for... I still don't know why. You will drop the same items, with better stats, you won't be able to do pvp, and finding a good stuff that permits to do the game in the highest difficulty is easy to find.

I'll stay with Diablo 2

and then what ? parangon are shared on all your characters if I remember so once you reach lvl 800 you're done. And blizzard introduced this system because a lot of people wanted a stat system and because it was too easy to reach lvl 70.

That's a fundamental difference between the two games.
In D2 you need to make a new character, level it up, gear it up, experience the viability of the build why you level, restart because you fucked up, cry.
In D3 you switch your skills on the fly, swap out the legendaries, and have fun, or return to the previous build.
Choose whatever you like more.

>and have fun
see, this is where you lost me, nothing in d3 was ever fun to me

The movement isn't good and neither is the PvP. PvE encounters are pretty much the same handful of mechanics since vanilla, which are fun, but not really spectacularly executed.

>parangon
You keep going since you get the mainstats after that you retard.

Or you can stop farming xp at some point and do with what you have, and go for other stuff like rare transmogs or achievements, etc
This is why D3 works better than D2, but ask you nostalgiafags never played it, so you don't know.

>and have fun
Where is the fun on that ? just buy a beat them all if you want to kill monsters without carrying of how you build a character, which stuff you should give him etc. no need to destroy one of the best, if not the best franchise of hack & slash. Those games are called diablo-like, and diablo 3 have nothing of a diablo because of that

seem like you people need to get redpilled about OP
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/UEiRZHwNQ_plLAtXIeWf5A/

You got it wrong, you still care how you build a character, you need the gear, you need to try out many things, testing in high GRs, but you don't need to make a fucking new character every time, or use a hack tool. The skill system is perfect.

He mad?

blizzard should die so our souls can move on and rest from eternal addiction

i honestly think blizzard is the only good game company these days, the only games i play are blizzard games, outside of Road redemption on steam. other than that i haven't played a steam game for like a month or 2, its tragic.

What a nice addition to the conversation with those opinions.

>and go for other stuff like rare transmogs or achievements, etc
>This is why D3 works better than D2, but ask you nostalgiafags never played it, so you don't know.
I stopped D3 some weeks after the release of RoS. so no I didn't tried that because this game became shittier.

>transmog & achievements
For what purpose ?
>modifying what your character looks like is now an important part of the gameplay
>grinding achievements are supposed to be fun
In diablo 2 when you grinded it was to be able to finish an act, kill some boss, have the stuff to be able to pvp.

game? looks cool and i need a replacement for Diablo

Well LoD has a respec now, and the old system wasn't really that good:
>Find gear playing a shitty MF sorc running meph/pindle or using pickit in Baal runs.
>Trade a bunch to fill out your slots you couldn't find because legit trying to MF gear is retarded.
>Build your prototype char.
>Check the "viability."
>Any class is viable basically, unless you built it truly retarded.
>Get some more upgrades and do some number crunching so you can start the exact same build again on a fresh character, to have base stats and jack vitality to 400+ on your min-maxed "real character."
>Get a Hell mode rush on your "real character" from your buddies because you're too lazy to play through 3 campaigns on another character, spend an hour blundering through Tal Rasha's tombs, and you're too frail to actually pickup gear you find anyways.
>Baal/Chaos to level 90 over a few days.
>Spend thousands of hours botting/farming/trading for some truly tricked out, max-stat items.
>Play broken PvP.
>Game over.

I guess people just didn't know any better back then. It was retarded.

Literally who?

I have seen posts like this before about tons of game studios. Who is this fag and why should I believe him? He even writes like a 14 year old and doesn't provide a single fact to back up his assertions.

WoW having shit PvP and movement and recycling mechanics aren't opinions, user. I guess you haven't been exposed to good games.

actually also Jay Wilson, the guy who fucked diablo3, left some time ago and that is for the better

he will forever be remembered for having fucked one of the most loved franchises

If it's neither PoE or Torchlight it is Grim dawn. Unless it's that other korean mmo.

>online non ladder mode is the unique mode of the game
go play in hardcore m8, it's way different.

What fucking build is that?

You don't have to transmog but you have the option. Remember when everyone looked the same in the chat channel in D2? You don't have to like D3, I don't really care, since I rarely play it myself, but D2 was a complete mess for a couple of years, with tons of bugs, no endgame at all, 1.07 was patched so fast it practically never existed, the final grind was for miniscule stat changes on gear even though you already didn't need it, as opposed to D3 where there's an infinite difficulty curve.
But all is forgotten and D2 is better than D3 because you still live in your nostalgia bubbles, and never played 3 because of drm.
I wanted to go back to D2 but it's crap gameplay wise.
D2 is overrated, while D3 is underrated.

Nothing, because vanilla servers are a meme. Barely anyone would actually play on one for any decent length of time

>literally everyone says he is unsubbing, no subs numbers

fucking lol you must be genuinely retarded to believe this the game is even worse than it was when it started because now everyone just grinds the same thing and gets showered with legendaries, 0 reason to bother with the game, loot still fucked, skills still fucked

>korean starcraft scene reverts back to BW, that's how dead sc2 is

I played ladder, but the ladder seasons used to take literally years and the ladder race was pointless. Also I never mentioned HC, because you can't duel or do anything fun so what's the point?

It's actually growing atm thougg that could be a side effect of the huge event they're doing with new maps and heroes.

It really is way more fun than the lol i played freshman year. The maps really feel different and it has just the right amount of careful farming before things get interesting. There are some simplified things sure but it also skips the arduous mindless tech phase that really turned me off of lol. I mostly did cs and tf2 competitive so I like getting right into the fight.

Hots definitely has more variety in heroes and maps and gameplay even if the heroes and mechanics are slimmed down. It's a more fun moba. All the traditional moba mechanics are just unintential exploits anyway. No one designed them to be fun but god forbid anyone question muh last hit skill based tech.

It's Grim Dawn. Haven't played it yet but googled images to compare the UI.

D2X is literally the same thing. You just grind endlessly for trash and the builds are fucked. It least in RoS it isn't killing the exact same mobs over and over again.

I don't really like RoS either, but the whole genre is just antiquated trash that doesn't fly anymore.

>ros fixed the game
nice b8 shit-sucker

a warcraft 4 ARPG would be amazing

The loot and the way character stats and items work against enemies in D2 is the best in any arpg ever made. D3 is nowhere close to that, it's extremely simplified and unfun.

The most popular games on the market (those with lobbies) are shooters and MOBAs. The latter is what's like WoW but absolutely shallow. I could argue the worst point: that WoW probably wins the deep game award by having the most players on field.

At least it has mechanics, like setting up resource dumps and CC windows.

Meanwhile builds in D2 were absolute simple, spam the same skills with no actual synergy, while in D3 skills and items change other skills and the whole gameplay.
Nice one shitter.

No one besides shitposters on Cred Forums say they are unsubbing from WoW, and Legion is one of the most well received expansions it's had. Also, Blizzard announced well over a year ago that they wouldn't release sub numbers anymore. Coming back way later on an entirely different expansion and going "THEY WONT RELEASE DA SUBS, MUST BE DEAD!!" makes you look retarded.

Overwatch and Hearthstone are fine and in no danger.

RTS has been a dead genre for over a decade, so no one gives a fuck how Starcraft is doing - and definitely no one cares about the Korean gaming scene.

Diablo 3 is almost universally believed to be awesome after patches and RoS. If you have to be a special snowflake with different gear/abilities from everyone else, go play the retarded shitstorm that is called PoE. If you don't like grinding the same shit over and over, why are you playing any loot-based game?

In short, Blizzard is doing fantastic, almost all of its games are healthy and will continue to be that way, your opinions/taste are shit, and this thread is over.

jesus christ, kill yourself

lol this guy is LITERALLY a shill

I'd like to add that there is no reason to sub for wow since you can get a token worth of gold in a few days.
And you can have different skills/gear in D3 but you won't be able to get in the top 100 on the leaderboards.

Diablo 3 is hot fucking garbage and you know it.

>Warcraft 3 was their last good game. Prove me wrong.
You are half right, but on the right track.

Look. Even if you don't like it, WoW was a good game if measured only by the sheer size of the playerbase. People liked it, it was a success for the company ....butttttttt....

.... it was an online multiplayer game.

This is Blizzard's problem. Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, franchises were firmly established in the era of singleplayer focused games. Each one had a strong story and a design which supported ( I don't have another word for this) personal player engagement with the GAME, not with other players.

Blizzard was built on a loyal fanbase which played with their GAME, not with other assholes online. Not with a meta competition based on twitch gameplay and hitbox autism or extended kant involving "Dots, more dots" and increasingly vice-like in app purchases, DLC packs, and literally online gambling scenes.

Games with a strong Single player focus build player engagement with the franchise and the company. Blizzard has benefited enormously from that.

But when was the last great single player game from Blizzard? Starcraft 2 was in fact fairly well polished (outside the last expansion), but let's face it, the singular focus of that game is the multiplayer community and e-sports scene. That's fine for that sort of thing, but the company is losing the slower, more solitary market that players like to dip into and which is the only market that lays the secure foundation for franchise, particularly in today's attention-span deprived world.

Despite lighting the internet on fire for a month, Overwatch is falling off. I suspect even CS:GO is only being kept afloat by gambling addictions and sheer inertia. Multiplayer, online focused games cannot retain audiences numbers indefinitely, and cannot build franchise loyalty at all. How many Valve-heads are so because of Counter-Strike, verses because Half-Life's singleplayer mode?

Blizzard let go of loyalty.

>A well-written, non-shitflinging reason

You're the reason I still believe there's goodness on this stupid fucking shithole. Almost every other post is filled with retarded memes and buzzwords.

Why won't they just make Warcraft 4?

>and literally online gambling scenes.
This. Holy shit the fucking crates are contaminating every fucking online-focused game.

Why would they develop a game in a dead genre? Could Blizzard single-handedly revive RTS? It's not impossible, but why would they try?

There's clearly more money to be made elsewhere, plus if you care about Warcraft you might be happier if Blizzard in its current state keeps its fingers off it. Look what the poor Diablo fans had to go through.

Reaper of Souls made the initial Diablo 3 game actually playable, not made it a good game.

Because they already included the story of Warcraft 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 in wow.

>the ladder race was pointless
yes, but you could actually start from the beginning forced to play without being rushed, you had to drop your own stuff etc.

>I never mentioned HC, because you can't duel or do anything fun so what's the point?
finish the game in all difficulties without dying ? That would be a good start.