youtube.com/watch?v=r7HhLd6TVEc
youtube.com/watch?v=SppG-I_Dhxw
youtube.com/watch?v=w9_yNuPIWEU&list=RDw9_yNuPIWEU&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=oJYY-gbd6m8
digitalspy.com/movies/news/a479872/john-carpenter-wants-dead-space-film/
youtube.com/watch?v=sEjjcdg-LVs&index=3&list=PL0828E3D6929DFDB6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I had fun with it.
But then again I was like 12 when I've played it, my standards were fairly low.

It's a really solid game with some solid concepts, though it has some unfortunately dated graphics and controls. I wish they would do a remake of it.

I actually enjoyed it. Shame the second game got canned, it looked good on paper.

Is it the one with endless fuse-boxes?

Why is The Thing the best horror movie ever made?

Never got why that became a meme. It's just a mechanic.

Passion.

It's certainly my favorite horror movie. Excellent score, actors, setting, and creature effects.

I remember playing this around 2004 and my sister walking in and saying how shit it looked compared to Kingdom Hearts.

Fuck you Sara.

People actually gave a shit about making a quality movie

Pretty sure all the comments from this are from people who watched the Spoony review of the game

Who?
Fuck off with your eceleb shit, I love this movie without anyone telling me to love it

If they could make a multiplayer game with the Thing's mechanics with PVE to boot, the game would sell like hotcakes.

Unfortunately it would probably just end up being trouble in terrorist town: winter wonderland edition.

The game is pretty solid. Has some neat concepts that you rarely can see in modern games. I loved all fan-service for those who watched movie. My on complaint is that there some minor camera changes in some particular places and some times it's try too much spam you with enemies. I guess all my complaints just really minor to say it has some major flaws. I guess even if it was not connected to The Thing it's still will be pretty good game.

I was massively disappointed by it when it was released. The squad trust system had me hyped but it was barely implemented. Assimilations were scripted events making blood tests pointless and you constantly got new squad members making the trust system pointless beyond keeping the engineer alive and on your side.

I played it years later and enjoyed it as a kinda goofy third person shooter though. I remember rescuing some old scientist and when I gave him a pistol he just went to town on the thing kicking all kinds of ass.

We're talking about the GAME, user.

Remember GAMES?

Sara is not wrong. Kingdom Hearts is more of a The Thing game than The Thing game.

What's a game, sounds gay

Good pacing
Practical FX
Interesting characters
Great story

And of course motherfucking John Carpenter, anything he makes is gold.

If someone in Space Station 13 is a changling it's pretty close.

Assimilations weren't exactly scripted, there are just some lines where any NPC crossing it becomes instantly infected. Like the first boss, for example - you're supposed to fight it alone so you fight it alone.

Had nice ideas but pretty average. A remake would be pretty rad.

Had no idea they made a game.

This is my favourite Carpenter film. Definitely going to check this out.

delete this

True, but I still felt cheated when people turned after I'd administered the blood tests. Afterwards I just ignored the blood tests completely, at least the squad was decent at thing killin', and if they turned, whatever.

>bosses are hard as shit until you figure out their dead zones which end up making them trivial
>if you don't pick up the hidden sniper rifle a future mission will be hard as shit
>engineers always act like retards but you absolutely need to keep them alive or you might not be able to progress

I enjoyed the game though. The Things actually posed a pretty big threat to you and your teammates and you needed to manage your ammunition well.

>kingdom hearts level themed off of the thing
>sora has eyes and teeth and shit comin out of his face
>keyblade made of flesh tentacles

Someone art this.

IIRC blood testing in front of a new NPC was a decent way to get some initial trust.

Awesome paranoia/trust mechanic, not very good execution, plus I'm not a huge fan of what they implied about the ending of the movie, I loved that it was an open-ended film.

>dat commentary with john and kurt tho
>mfw everything about the movie

Never got into the game much because for some reason the 'you can die to exposure' mechanic terrified me and kept me from exploring.

Had fun with it way back when
Though looking back, I got about a 4th of the way through the game before I realized there was no point trying to guess which of my teammates was the thing because they all either turn after a certain point regardless if you tested them and they came up clean beforehand

Would people mind if I dump art from the canned sequel?

do it

You got it bub

so Cred Forums

was Childs the Thing at the end of the movie?

No, it was Mac

I got it for the Xbox a few days before release, but only remember the ridiculously generous autoaim. It's been almost 15 years.

At this point I honestly don't care and neither does John Carpenter or anyone who worked on the film. New evidence always gets revealed by staff but then contradicts earlier claims by other people who worked on the film and John Carpenter saying random shit doesn't help either

It autoaims on PC too, but you kind of need it as some creatures are very fast and small and will jump at you in waves.

One of my favorites designs

Have y'all niggas taken a listen to John Carpenter's non-score albums? Fucking good shit right there.

Is Carpenter Brut named like that because his musical style is a more brutal John Carpenter?

>there will never be a Dead Space movie directed by John Carpenter, scored by Carpenter Brut, with Matt Damon playing Isaac

John Carpenter makes music outside of some of his films? This is news to me.

Reminder that the same effects team for the 1984 The Thing were originally signed on to make the practical effects for the 2011 The Thing before they made it all CG.

but user
i love to see anons debate if Mac and/or Childs was the Thing.

also
>tfw that crappy CGI Thing prequel
decent movie, but not nearly as good as the original, and that part with the spider head

>matt damon
pls user, your shit taste hurts my eyes

Haven't heard of that. All I know is that Studio ADI did the practical effects but was edited out after test screenings full of teenagers

anyone read this?

it's completely unrelated to The Thing, but a damn good book

Serious question

What has Rob Bottin done recently? You would have thought that after The Thing he would have jobs lined out the door but the only thing I heard him do was The Twilight Zone Movie

Holy crap, new knew there is was even plans for sequel. I always thought it was some kind osbcure game that only i played. Thanks for opening this for me, i guess.

And that's all folks. Here are 2 videos that were made in preproduction showing 2 of the creatures. Shit quality but what can you do?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWNL0VvHk8g

youtube.com/watch?v=7ejky7abIS8

Apparently the first game sold over a million copies somehow. The sequel was canned because the company was either bought out or shut down.

How would a good THING game play out?

FPS,TPS,Isometric?

I'd like isometric

Probably for the best. A lot of the creature concepts don't look particularly creative. A dog wearing a ribcage coat, a guy with a halloween mask...

Shit like is more fitting, but I get the feeling whomever was directing the designs didn't really know a lot about the movie.

like a mix between dead space and pathologic. You are stranded in a large isolated location and have to interact with large cast of people who are randomly infected. By using dialogue, observation and deduction you find out who is infected all while trying to keep the outpost from falling apart.

Well, there is that Thing mod people play for Starcraft 2, where you're not sure who is who.

>That feel when the reboot / prequel had tons of practical FX ready to go but the director said no so they had to go with special FX

20-25 years ago I think a point and click adventure could have worked well. Focus on character interactions and try and recreate the atmosphere of the movie.

I want TellTale games to make a point and click adventure game. Call me a fag but I think it could be interesting

Amazing fucking concept that's actually horrifying
Great(est) effects
Flawless execution

I love horror-sci-fi mixtures so no wonder it became my all time favourite film.

I liked the game. Not the best shit ever, but solid 7,5.

When you go back and watch the movie you catch more things each time
Like how certain people who are the thing try to throw off suspicion

Are there any other movies that feel like The Thing with Kurt Russel?

Hateful 8, sort of

A good Thing game wouldn't actually focus on fighting, it really stops being scary and gross the more you encounter it and even faster when you get to kill it, in droves too.
Point and click is actually a good genre for this, if you make it a bit more active with the possibility of death around the clock and not just in some scripted moments.

If done right, a Thing multiplayer game where you have to figure out who is infected would be really cool.

every "friend" is the thing bha

The Thing TTT in Gmod when?

TTT is shit, SS13 is way better

are you fucking retarded? how is that nigger loving wank have anything at all to do with a good movie like the thing

But it's made by Quentin Tarantino! He made a good movie 20 years ago so this one MUST be good!

>snow
>isolation and paranoia
>ennio morricone

Not him but maybe because both are about a Thing killing people one by one in a desolated low-temperature locale?

I found it in a thrift shop for $3 on PS2 and holy fuck the controls make it unplayable.

e d g y

production got delayed so Carpenter had a lot more time to work on the script
also Rob Bottin working his ass off for a year

According to that shitty ass comic series, yeah.

>implying that's canon

It's amusing, at least.

I always like seeing people who obviously aren't fans or even aware of the original movie design things. They're always incredibly generic looking monster faces, or meat-textured dogs and shit like that.

I'd like a good adaptation of the original novel, where the Thing was scary but not some unkillable monstrosity.

At least the designs from the cancelled tv show look cool

Yup. Check out his Lost Themes albums.

Literally just a guy with a baboon head and an octopus strapped to his back.

That's a guy with a prosethetic arm strapped on his stomach.

A TV show wouldn't work well since any monster design would have to be very simple, though.

What about this one?

>John Carpenter with a machete

>the director said no so they had to go with special FX
That was actually Universal studios

No women

Alien is a great sci-fi/horror movie too and it has two women. Well, Lambert might be a post-OP.

Agreed with Ripley is baller as fuck, she's basically Mac with a vagina

Yes.
An original copy of the script states that Mac has a flame thrower under his blanket and laughs at the end of the film because the bottle he passes to Childs is actually a molotov. He's laughing because The Thing wouldn't know that it was drinking a molotov mixture so it acts like it has drunk a normal drink.

The book based on the point of view of the Thing itself also says that Childs is infected.

There are also a few other hints that he's infected.

Why wouldn't the thing know? It assimilates the memories of the person

I doubt Childs has ever drunk WD40. If Childs has never experienced it, it's the Thing making the assumption and not what's left of who it assimilated.

The original ending of a movie was ruins of the Outpost 31 and a lone dog running away from it. It was canned for being too grim. "The original script" matters even less.

Childs drank whiskey and knows how it tastes. That's the worst fucking TV meme by far and that speaks a lot.

Characters who have changed clothes have 100% been assimilated due to the Thing tearing away their clothes. This is talked about early on in the movie when a bloody night gown has been torn and thrown in the trash. The Thing also plays on this by planting false evidence indicating Macready is infected, leaving his torn jacket out in the snow.

Childs changes from a blue coat throughout the movie and when we last see him in the base, to a white coat when we see him again with Macready at the end. The coats hanging on the walls have also changed around between Childs guarding the door and him leaving the base with the door open. He is absolutely infected.

I want a "Thing" movie where the Thing gets into a populated city or major area of the world. It would be interesting to see the events that unfold.

why cant the Thing just generate clothing from its flesh

youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU

>you want good movie?
>too bad! here CGI! fuck u!

It can't imitate non-organic matter.

It's one of the few things the prequel-remake actually addressed, as one of the characters finds bloody filaments from teeth in the trash.

Just watch Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1978, if you want that kind of thing.

The Thing works so well because of the isolation.

CGI isn't inherently a bad thing. It's when the tool is improperly implemented that it becomes a problem. CGI has come a long way and gets more flak than it deserves.

>Bullets.
>Hurting the thing.

This never made sense.

Apparently a producer from Universal said the practical effects looked 'too 80's and people would laugh at it'.

Alright, I can buy that I guess. I don't understand why it doesn't imitate small creatures like fruit flies. It could just fly in somebodies ear and start assimilating with them right away. I imagine always creating and morphing into larger creatures like humans is inconvenient.

>Universal doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about

The defibrillator scene from the original movie where the head separates from the body is one of the best fucking practical effect scenes I have ever seen.

Emphasis on the lighting and environmental design as well as the monster effects

Even if it looks "too 80s" the effects still look great and are good at evoking fear.

What a fucking faggot.

The Thing's intelligence is based on mass and what the host's base intelligence is. A fruit-fly isn't going to have any instincts beyond eating shit.

They talk about this during the blood test. The infected blood samples don't have the intelligence to bare the pain and stay still, they try to escape the heat.

A hot needle hurts it, why wouldn't a bullet?

Damn. The Thing really is a great horror creature, it has obvious flaws and isn't atrociously overpowered to the point that it breaks suspension of disbelief.

Bretty gud.

>anything he makes is gold.

Assault on Precinct 13 is one of the blandest movies I've ever seen

Fire makes sense because it restricts for the Things regeneration and morphing ability by burning off and destroying biological matter for it to use. Bullets don't make sense because they don't destroy a significant amount of biological matter. They're more about puncturing and destroying vital systems in the body, which I assume the thing can just regenerate readily.

A movie so good the game had to be past or on par.

Haven't played though i fucking wish, heard it was great.

I think the greatest question about the Thing is how does it operate when it's disguised as somebody.

Are they unaware that they're infected, but the Thing tugs away and manipulates their thoughts?

Or does the Thing completely take over their persona with all their memories and personality traits?

>how is that nigger loving wank

They aren't aware that they're infected immediately. It takes time and the host doesn't notice.

If you take the book as cannon then the hosts consciousness remains intact within the Thing due to humans having the highest base level intelligence of any creature that the Thing has come across. It even makes a point in the book that it doesn't understand why the humans are attacking it since it has never encountered beings that behave outside of basic instincts

You literally don't get it.

It has nerve endings. It's painful still. It's not lethal, but it's painful and it can feel it.

>it doesn't understand why the humans are attacking it since it has never encountered beings that behave outside of basic instincts
that's really stupid, it stole that UFO schematics from some other creature

The problem is the book immediately overlooks the fact that the Thing encountered and assimilated other extraterrestrials who in a last ditch effort, during the opening scene of the movie, threw their ship into the Antarctic to freeze it to death to protect every other poor fucker out there.

It eats and assimilates with the cells. However this destroys their memories. This is how you could theoretically kill Wolverine or Deadpool. Their bodies will regenerate but memories are electrical impulses, so if you destroy their head it will regenerate but those electrical impulses won't and they'll be left with either full blown retardation or amnesia. One of the Wolverine movies touched on this. The person who gets infected with the Thing would most likely just feel like they're fading into nothingness until their consciousness killed and their biological material is replaced with the Things. I assume in the process though that the electrical impulses are lost, so it no longer has any of their memories and has to use it's own observations on the persons mannerisms and behaviors to try to convince others that the person hasn't changed at all.

It would explain how at the end of the prequel when one researcher kills the other with a flamethrower as she noticed that the thing forgot that the male researcher had his ear pierced and didn't put the earring back in after assimilation.

Yeah I honestly can't remember if the book ever covers that fact. I just remember the Thing and Childs having a conversation internally where the Thing expresses confusion as to why everyone is trying to kill it and Childs says something about people having freewill and that the Thing is basically raping its host.

Was it ever established that The Thing was actually attacking whoever was in the ship?

It could be some kind of regenerating medical nanotech that was damaged and got out of control once it left the ship or something.

I can smell the fingerless glove that typed that post from here.

Ah I misinterpreted your question, bullets can hurt the Thing yeah, and make it feel pain, but they aren't effective at killing the Thing like fire or as I imagine corrosives are since those destroy and limit the amount of biological matter it can use.

I think that it's both.

the Thing assimilates the organism, leaves the previous conciousness intact as a kind of auto-pilot/stealth mode, then takes control during times of life threatening stress or moments where it needs to made moves.

Allows for perfect infiltration. The person acts normal because as far as they know, they are.

It's heavily implicated in the script, which is why the ship is flying so erratically as it plummets to the Earth. Some poor ayy lmao is likely being torn to shreds as he grips the controls in a last ditch effort to kill the Thing.

>You literally don't get it.

Yes I do. I get that it's an incredibly dull movie that has one of the thinnest possible plots I've ever seen, while also filled with cheesy, unimaginative dialogue. It's a skidmark compared to the rest of his work.

>a prequel to an 80's movies
>looking "too 80's"
Fuck's sake Universal, get your shit together.
Remake of the Thing 2011 without all the crappy CG when?

How does the Thing even fucking work?

>Each Thing is an individual organism, but they all operate under a collective hivemind, like Earth insects
>Each Thing is part of the consciousness of a single creature. It'd be like a man having the ability to send away limbs from his body, controlling them individually
>Each Thing is an individual sentient creature, but all the Things cooperate with each other to ensure their survival and spread their species
>Each Thing acts as an individual selfish intelligence, competing with the other Things for survival, like animal species. They would attack or betray the other Things for resources/hosts or to ensure their own safety- "survival of the fittest". They might consume each other to stay alive

Look up Harbinger Down. The effects studio was angry at their months of work having been replaced by CGI, so they crowdfunded a movie to show off their practical effects.

They can't call it a sequel to 'The Thing', but it IS a sequel to The Thing.

>this destroys their memories
It clearly doesn't as assimilated people remember, you know, English, and all the other crap.

I think that when it assumes the form of, say, a human, it works as a human. So if you shoot it in the brain/heart, it will "die" as a large organism and will have to rebuild itself, which is shown as a relatively lengthy and complicated process. I imagine if one didn't have a flamethrower but had a canister of gasoline and a shotgun, shooting it and then covering it with gas while it regenerates/reforms would work well... except for all that cells splatted around.

Still not getting it.
> It's a skidmark compared to the rest of his work.
Well, I mean it's no Ghosts of Mars...

They can betray each other if it's necessary, however, when they connect their matter they're one, and it seems like they like to connect matter.

It's likely that each individual Thing shares some or all of the same memories and shares these between each other like nodes when they come into contact with one another. They will betray each other though to keep up appearances.

It would also make the most sense if the Thing avoided assimilating EVERYTHING in its sights, as it would no doubt have the intelligence to understand that if it eats everything there will be no food.

Who In the Mouth of Madness here?

Looks like a thing.

If the Thing really took off and assimilated a whole planet of life it'd probably become something like the Tyranids from 40K but even harder to get rid of

Turned into a shooter near the end, was hell of a mess and "muh military weapon" plot

Fuck that

Great opening and middleish levels
Obviously the best horror film ever made

neat idea, shit game

Did it? I always assumed the ship was something it created on its own.

doesn't it have to retain a certain amount of mass in order to sustain some level of intelligence? i assume it could assimilate anything, but assimilating a smaller being like a fly wouldn't be conducive to doing what it wants since they wouldn't be intelligent enough to accomplish its goals.

sam neil film?

great shit

yes, exactly this.
>games that actually need remakes

With that kind of lifestyle? Kind of doubtful. I mean, it's ambiguous, but that's kind of what I thought.

Yeah, it does, a fly doesn't have a complex brain, really.

>literally have zero way of knowing if you're infected
>by the time you realize it you're already going eldritch mode and it's too late
>you could be a thing RIGHT NOW

jesus fucking christ this movie is horrifying

>can't trust people b/c monster
>people can't trust people b/c monster
>people can't trust people b/c people
You realize why people don't trust strangers, is becasue there are actually people whom are monsters. Ultimately, no living being can trust anything. No one is fear from fear.
Thing hits the very heart of when horror is. When does the fear end?

>Getting a headstart by stealing everyones gear at the end of the first mission

Well op I know what I'm going to play now

Cheers for posting this stuff it's a shame it got cancelled it looks really cool

There sorta was one in the form of Morbius. But with the nature of multiplayer games, the mode got less popular when everyone just shot anyone that started walking towards them rather give the aliens a chance to transform and get the jump on them

bigger mind-fuck user
>the Thing didn't kill becasue it was evil
>it killed becasue it was afraid of humans

Its intentions towards humans weren't great though
Yeah it was just defending itself in this situation but because it wanted to live on and get out to the rest of the tasty world

Now you're getting it.

But whats more terrifying is that you could learn about it, you could even test yourself and discover it. But then be unable to tell anyone, no matter how hard you tried.

>what to do in case of alien beans

youtube.com/watch?v=sCv5DufibCA

That's only Blaire's assumption. Considering it tried to construct a spacecraft, it's easier to assume that it wanted to leave Earth completely.

Hey do you guys think a Thing game made by the same guys who made Alien Isolation would be cool? I would buy that shit in a heart beat.

Yes please. Hell, Isolation would have been perfect if it was shorter.

That would be the shit

Fucking hell yes.

>Realise you're infected
>You want to scream to your friends to stay away
>But your mouth doesn't open
>You feel no sense of panic or fear
>A voice echoes in the back of your mind
>"Ah ah ah, we wouldn't want to spoil the surprise now would we?"
>user is something wrong?
>Nothing, nothing's wrong, just have a headache

probably, but it needs a group dynamic. hella AI, or some kind of RNG online experience.
>there is a game like this on steam, but i can't think of the name rn

it hurts them, but won't do shit to kill them, only make puddles of autonomous blood. The dog thing screamed when they were shooting it. Defibrillators also hurt the thing enough to break it's disguise
tell that to the doggy that got acid pissed on

>That one short story that has this happening to Childs

It wasn't a spacecraft. It was a saucer-shaped vehicle. You can't make a spacecraft out of a couple of broken down helicopters. I mean, even a hovercraft is stretching it but it's at least a bit more plausible.

It's an anti-gravity belt made out of tin cans in the book, btw.

You know what's even scarier? Someone once said that if The Thing laced some of its body or blood into the food you eat it would slowly infect you you could go on for days not realising you're slowly being eating inside and once it gets to you're brain it takes over and it has full control.

Just imagine it your buddy's walking around all normal and then suddenly he stops walking he stands motionless as The Thing takes over his brain only keeping him standing to maintain appearance and once it fully taken over you're buddy just keeps on walking like nothing ever happened completely unaware that he's no longer human he's now a Thing.

>realize you're the thing
>if you tell anyone they'll kill you on the spot
>you don't want to die
>your only goal is to survive
>you're now cooperating with the thing even if it wasn't your intention

2spooky4me

check out Unfortunate Spacemen

So what was the Thing's origin beyond being from space?

Was it simply a species native to some fucked-up planet or some sort of ayy lmao bio weapon?

Has anyone read that short story from The Things perspective pretty good read but I warn you its fucking scary.
Especially the ending when you here the thoughts of the Thing and Chi8lds is infected and this is its thoughts at the ending of the movie.

t won't be easy. They won't understand. Tortured, incomplete, they're not able to understand. Offered the greater whole, they see the loss of the lesser. Offered communion, they see only extinction. I must be careful. I must use this newfound ability to hide. Other things will come here eventually, and it doesn't matter whether they find the living or the dead; what matters is that they find something like themselves, to take back home. So I will keep up appearances. I will work behind the scenes. I will save them from the inside, or their unimaginable loneliness will never end.

These poor savage things will never embrace salvation.

I will have to rape it into them.

I don't think that's how it would be. To think, it needs a brain. Until it has it, it'll probably just slowly replace your cells one-by-one until it reaches brain. Then, it violently takes over (the clothes ripping moment?).

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Yeah, it's pretty good.

>Not becoming friends with your strand of The Thing and working together to stop the other Things.
And then I found out Parasyte was a ssries.

It's more like a disease than a creature since it manipulates and consumes on a cellular level. So it might have been a disease on a really fucked up planet and was adaptable enough to configure itself to attack the ayy lmaos biology and eventually humans biologies.

>I will have to rape it into them

Depends on the infection state.

The fat scientist guy became infected through the autopsy of two headed Thing remains from the Norwegian base. We never really see when or where he turns.

not him but one of the humans mentions "rape" and it assumes it to be a swear.

This reminds me of the story of some user who was convinced his friend got taken by a changeling/bodysnatcher during a camping trip.
He'd repeat the same phrases over and over, and try to convince him to come out into the woods alone, and basically not act like himself at all.

>>if it eats everything there will be no food.
>assimilate the entire planet
>assimilate the plants
>never need to eat again

I'm pretty sure the Thing feeds on pure biomass, it can't survive on photosynthesis.

Is it SurvHive? I was looking at that earlier, wasn't sure how I felt about it.

all we know is that it came from space.

it's possible that the thing is just the alien itself, and then there are other theories that speculate that the alien was just a species from another planet that the thing successfully assimilated and supposedly managed to assimilate its entire planet before moving on to earth in search of more prey.

i like to think it's the latter, but the alien they discovered is grotesque enough for me to believe either theory.

I remember that one
3spooky5me

>I will have to rape it into them

It can probably imitate plant life.

So what would win a fight between The Blob and The Thing?

Would the Thing assimilate faster than the Blob can digest it? Or would the Blob win?

Are you implying the thing isn't some sort of biological grey goo?

Blob is acid. Would dissolve thing too fast.

i remember that. i had the post saved on my old computer before the HD shit itself.

fuck, now i'm sad. that was one of my favorite spooks. skinwalker stories are almost always great.

I'm trying to find it, but I keep getting redirected to /mlp/ changeling greentexts, fuck.

Isn't the Blob just a giant amoeba?

But practical effects supplemented by CGI to fill in the detail is actually a pretty good way to go. Practical covers the main stuff to make it look pretty real with respect to lighting and CGI can fill in the interface along with details that simply can't be achieved with practical effects.

no, that's not how it would work. the thing assumes the intellect of the thing it becomes. if it becomes a plant... the thing goes full 0 iq.

CGI is always bad choice for horror movies when you have to show things slowly and close. It's better to show large scale battles for example.

post yfw John Carpenter worked on F3AR's story

They are prolific motherfuckers. In fact I think they have a general dedicated to greentext stories of The Thing in ponyland.

>the thing assumes the intellect of the thing it becomes
It's intelligence is directly related to it's biomass.
It doesn't even need to become a plant, it can just absorb it and use it's bio-mechanics anyway it wants.

>Fucking hot girl
>Feel something squirming around your dick
>Pull out
>Fleshy tentacle gripping your cock pulled out of girls pussy
>Girl turns to you with a demonic disfigured face
>"Fuck me good enough and I'll let you live... with benefits."

Do you take the challenge?

I may regret asking this but, is there any porn of the thing?

Dont forget it can probably make its own brains for more processing power.

>tfw thought the blood test mechanic was pretty cool and it blew my mind back when I played it
>now I just realised it's all scripted

What I mean is you test the blood of one of your teammates and it's clear but then you go through a treshold and he turns out to be a Thing.

Isn't Dead Space's Necromorphs kinda give that The Thing vibe? I thought it was pretty scary as shit with a spook atmosphere even though it was filled to brim with jumpscares.

>...with benefits
What does this mean?

God, milliband was a fucking cockroach

yessir

human male on non human female is my fetish anyway.

I dunno, it was shown that it was able to merge with the biology of animals but who knows if it could merge with a plants biology or modify it in any way.

Tentacles -> your anus

>So what would win a fight between The Blob and The Thing?
What about the thing vs the borg?

This, fucking loved it as a kid. It was really comfy

>I will have to rape it into them.

Both the Necropmorphs from Dead Space and the Flood from Halo take heavy inspiration from the Thing and Xenomorphs from Alien.

Dead Space was heavily inspired by The Thing, yeah.

I stuck my dick in The Thing so aren't I pretty much fucked anyways? only its going to be even more painful for me because its slowly eating away at me dick first.

Who'd be assimilated by whom?

It's got the same body horror elements, but not the dread of not knowing whose infected

>"hey user, do you want to see The Thing next week with us"
>sure
>The Thing showing up everywhere on social media for no reason
>came out in June, no October
>The thing showing up on Cred Forums

IM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT

WHY IS IT EVERYWHERE

I'm curious, how does that work out for the Thing?
Does it get blasted with rainbows and becomes friends with everyone?

The Thing no question theirs still flesh for it to consume and as I remember The Borg are fucked without hosts right?

It also helps that you're a tough ass motherfucker who stomps ayy lmaos into obliteration. Would be a different feel if you're as helpless as the protag from Amnesia.

I dunno, I only just recently had the urge to watch it and did not regret it.

Bungie said that the Flood are the Vang from the Starhammer series.

Even their backstory is the same.

Wikileaks upcoming announcement is that Hillary Clinton is a Thing.

>games that would take actual effort to remake

Generally it involves being in love/hate relationship with the user character wherein she desires his alien "genetic information" while assimilating townsfolk user pays attention to in a jealous fit.

Flamethrowers and sex are usually involved.

For those that want to read it
clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

>You'll never play a multiplayer The Thing
>The closest you'll ever get is the shitty shit garbage shit that is Trouble In Terrorist Town

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Baader Meinhof Phenomenon

Its heavily influenced definitely but more importantly you've reminded me that I need to play through Dead Space 1 & 2 while watching The Thing.

I should probably stream them sometime too since its October

I also got the urge recently to watch it.

Worry?

I'm not trying to be a fucker here, but I literally talked with my friend about this, and learned what it was called YESTERDAY.

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

what is pic from?

That sounds just awful.

The Borg have Star Trek technology. They would be using genetic scanner shit everywhere.

And their weapons would atomize the Thing.

literally whats the difference?

the movie is basically a tense game of Epic Mafia/werewolf/vampire whatever

Post the .gif of her coughing up disgusting shit in her drinking water.

I was obsessed with The Thing out of the blue a couple weeks ago. Watched it multiple times since then.

Man I miss practical effects it's not as prevalent anymore as it used to be I really don't like cgi.

The new evil dead sucked.

do you think the illuminati is controlling us with advertising reminding us of The Thing?

also, this thing (The Thing) has been on the docket for the local theater for months.

check out Morbus, it's a The Thing gamemode in Garry's Mod. it was actually made before TTT, as well.

When you're exposed to something for the first time you're likely to start seeing it everywhere

well it's practically a fetish general, kinda cute though.

OP here, just found it in the attic and felt like seeing if anyone else had played

There's no conspiracy... or is there?]

I've seen The Thing like 3 times

once in the past year even

>even /mlp/ of all place has a general about the what if scenario of it getting into Equestria

Is it bad that the only Dead Space game that I finished is Dead Space 3 because I coop'd it with a friend. I'm just too much of a wuss to finish DS1. How do I fight this fear?

Source?

Reverse search gives me nothing on the thumb.

In the movie the Thing never multiplied. For all we know it can't reproduce and just wanted to live it's life in peace out in the wild.

Don't be scared user I've already won. Just sit back and wait it will be all over faster then you can scream.

Without a doubt. I agree with that Alien Isolation was too long and the pacing was fucked towards the end, but that shit was still my GOTY in 2014. I hope more devs learn how to build atmosphere and use music for spooks instead of jump scares.

You're lucky I had this thread still open.

dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ139359

you asked a question and got an answer eat a dick user

Yeah, Carpenter Brut's name is a direct reference to John Carpenter. I want to see him live so badly.

>post this .gif on Cred Forums one day
>suddenly it's fucking everywhere
THE THING

Thanks, user.

I hope you have a fantastic day.

They're preparing us for something

>Get the Line Gun as soon as possible
>Blow legs off with one shot
>Rip arms off with the other

Fuck, you're missing out user. Dead Space 1 and 2 are both fantastic and some of the better games to come out of last gen. 3 is an abortion in comparison. Play it with the lights on in full daylight if you have to.

I'm not going to judge but I will say you've played the worst one.

Maybe try playing it with a friend next to you watching and swap controls every so often?

Coincidences happen, user. Sometimes hey happen a lot to one person in a short period of time. What would be weird if such things NEVER happened to ANYONE.

I had a day with a lot of coincidences once. Like all the coincidences in a year shoved into one day. It don't mean nothin'.

What you're favourite Thing design? movie or other The Thing related media.

FUCK

YOU'RE ALL THE THING

GET THE FUCK AWAY

Going to see John Carpenter live in a few weeks, that is going to be very interesting.

>he likes the Line Gun

Haha, wow user you sure are a fucking cool guy. That gun is my favorite in the series, it's practically easy mode even with no upgrades.

I remember playing this thing mod on Gmod inside a recreation of the base from the movie.

I worked with this one guy throughout the entire match. I gained his trust, killed transformed crew-men that tried to ambush him, and pretended to fulfill my needs. Eventually the whole base went to hell and we were trapped at the top of an elevator. We were killing the infected crew and running out of ammo. He starts telling me he needs to find the kitchen to fulfill his food need. I replied the same.

We made a promise to watch each others backs. We called the elevator up and realized a shitload of infected crew were waiting for us. Around halfway down- I turned into my true form and killed him.

He never suspected a thing.

From what I've heard, 3 isn't even that bad, just very different from 1 and 2. I wouldn't know, I've never played 3. In any case, I'd love to see more of this series.

I'm not scared.
I'm very scared

Mein nigga

Calm down man, Things aren't real. We're only in movies and stuff.

Excuse me? How so? I read that it was mostly practical effects, so that can't be it, unless I'm mistaken, which has been know to happen.
Was it because it wasn't campy?

Give me a hug mate. :^)

Now I'm in the mood to watch the movie again but I don't like to watch something I've already seen. What's the prequel like? The one set in the Norwegian camp.

W-well alright, I might as well get it over with since I bought the damn thing on Steam anyways.

3 is halfways decent up until you crash at the planet. Then it quickly turns into irredeemable Call of Duty in Snow. Don't wish for any more of the series, it's gone down the casual, accessible route and there's no turning back once a series does that.

>We're

not as good but has one of the best body horror scenes EVER

>We're

Wouldn't even surprise me.

>we're

I can atleast hope for a Bioshock-esq Remaster Collection. Would be nice to have all those cool skins in DS1 and 2

>We're

I worked on Unfortunate spaceman and the game that flopped before it. The Dead Linger. Unfortunate spaceman is just a SS13 rip.

Oh, really? Damn, that's disappointing. I guess the shift in focus towards set pieces must have been heavily influenced by the success of games like Uncharted.

Thinking about practical effects made me think about evil dead and how the demons in that looked cool as fuck

I just didn't think the demons in the new one looked nearly as good

The dog merely only the merit that's the first thing I saw as a kid when I peaked in while my folks were watching it. Just as it did the face split thing
>"What's wrong with the doggy-OH JESUS"

Check out the film Splinter, it's pretty decent. The only glaring flaw in the film is the fucking camera work whenever the monster shows up, it's like Michael J Fox doing handheld camera during an earthquake.

>Dad let me watch the movie when I was 8
>Never been so scared in my life
>This song still makes me nervous

youtube.com/watch?v=meU2gAU7Xss

Has it's moments but don't go into it with high expectations.

It's a great theme.

i haven't actually seen the prequel, but i've youtubed a couple scenes and i thought this one was fucking awesome

Dude, I'm 27 and I still get scared to go to the kitchen in the dark when I think of this music.

Do you think Wilford brimley gave The Thing diabetes?

I remember seeing this shit when I was ike 6 or 7 as well. I just walked into the room when the guy's head started stretching off

it's my earliest memory desu. Maybe it's why I have trouble sleeping

youtube.com/watch?v=w0Z44BIDPPc

Dog scene is great, one of the most terrifying scenes in horror. Theres some nifty trivia about how it was actually supposed to occur in the dead of night where everyone is asleep, and the characters are even wearing different clothes than a moment before.

Check this shit out.
outpost31.com/movie/faq.html

It's disappointing if only for the fact that they turned away from the traditional effects and went for CG effects. Not as entertaining, but they still made a decent job of establishing the visual backstory for the original movie's visit to the Norwegian camp.

Does anyone have the SIR comic "My Girlfriend Is The Thing"?

Also are there any good multiplayer games where I can't trust those around me?

I saw it when I was 9 because my parents wanted a chuckle out of my reactions. I only got up to the part with the dogs in the kennel before they torched them. I didn't go near the family dog for almost a month.

I never worked up the balls to see the movie again until I was about 16, Damn good movie. The monster's scream is burned into my memory, along with that strange rattling sound it makes.

The main problem I have with this is that the remains they find at the Norwegian cap in the original movie clearly does not have two heads. It has one head splitting in two, one half grinning with glee and the other screaming in pain. Kind of showing how the Thing enjoys as it takes over its victims.

I've had the urge to re watch it lately too. But that was after watch a top 10 list of the best practical effects in movies.

Am I safe? I haven't been infected....right?

Possibly, actually.

The Thing copies bodies so perfectly that it even copies a heart defect, which is what actually kills Norris, rather than being assimilated from the inside as people believe.

We're fine.

>That really good youtube analysis of all the little touches in The Thing, and also why Childs is infected
>Then he followed it up with his retarded fucking fanfiction

One of the ways I know Rotten Tomatoes is a bullshit website is The Thing isn't even in the top 100 horror movies, whereas the fucking Conjuring 2 is in the top 10.

>yfw you're posted to that Antarctic research station where they watch both The Thing movies back to back on the night after the last plane leaves them stranded for weeks in a constant dark winter

>we're

I'm sorry, fucking what?

what the frick

It's because it factors in reviews from 1982. The Thing was a critical and commercial flop on release.

>that strange rattling sound it makes
I fucking love it when monsters rattle and hiss, rather than roar and squeal. Feels way more menacing somehow.

I love how the ending of the 2011 movie lines up with the beginning of the original.

youtube.com/watch?v=SGwVfV69ssk

dog thing hands down, second is palmer
same here but I hated that scene, his head just melts like a chocolate left in the sun

No surprise there. Guess who owns Rotten Tomatoes? Guess which company produced the film and owns New Line Cinema?

Do you guys think the thing was aware of its actions? Ever since I've seen the film this question has left me interested. The thing is obviously quite intelligent so it makes me wonder wheather it purposely wanted to infect others or if all it honestly wanted was to go home.
Link? I'll just avoid the fan fiction.

Isn't there a movie about this called "Teeth"?

Chick has a monster vagina that eats dudes.

That's probably the best part of Splinter - the monster never roars or makes any scary sounds - it's completely silent and sounds like bones shifting around and breaking whenever it walks.

Get shot by some crazy fucking norwegian now Nauls keeps blasting he's fucking music in the kitchen while I try to sleep can this week get any worse?

Yeah. Never seen it but I believe there is some scene where some guy tries to rape her and gets his dick bitten off.

Well shit, if you say we're fine then that's fine

Everything is fine

>tfw The Thing triggered my body horror fetish

what the fuck is wrong with me? i want off this ride.

There are a lot of movies depicting 'monster vaginas'.

But in Teeth its more of a mutation then a parasite/alien.

We have ET to blame for that

cue thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=tXsxvdF481I

I managed to see most of that movie on a monster movie Youtube channel before it was taken down. Honestly the biggest surprise throughout the entire thing was the male criminal didn't betray the people he kidnapped, and instead actively helped before sacrificing himself willingly to save them.

I forgot this was a thing.

This would save the horror genre now that Dead Space is complete shit.

>Nervous and groovin'.
This thread is fucking with me now.

Yeah, they did a decent job at taking an absolutely despicable character and giving him some redeeming qualities. It caught me off guard too. The other thing that caught me off guard was how the main couple didn't get killed!

This isn't Reddit, boyo, zingers like that aren't welcome here.
made me blow air out of my nose though while smirking

It's meant to be ambiguous. The point is that McReedy didn't want to take the risk that it was going to reach civilization.

The movie plays with it at parts, like in the bar scene where McReedy is speculating on the Thing's mood and origin. Also when they find the ship obviously. Or when the radio room and helicopter are destroyed.

>Also are there any good multiplayer games where I can't trust those around me?
Pick any MOBA.

>Release new The Thing Game
>include optional multiplayer mode
>One of the players is infected and has to remain undetected as long as possible
>Players can only proximity voice chat
>Points for assimilating each member undetected
>8 Man team
>Only have 1-2 tester kits available

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=r7HhLd6TVEc

>This fucking scene

HERE YOU GO:
youtube.com/watch?v=SppG-I_Dhxw

Guys, how do we do Thing tests on Cred Forums? How do we know who is who?! I don't want to get stuck with (you) not knowing if i'm safe or not!

>people connect and globally chat via discord anyway

Kill everyone else.

You could try being alone in your house with no witnesses. Things hate that.

If you make a paranoia game you do need to convince players not to do this.

That guy catches a few things in his videos, but holy shit is he not a writer. His idea for Thing 2 is just a long laundry list of "cool shit."

>Things hate that.

yeah user, I'm sure you would know

captcha

Things aren't robots, my good fellow. We can easily post on Cred Forums.

blood captcha

jesus christ how horrifying

I vote we use our test kit on you

THINGS HATE HIM

AMERICAN RESEARCHER DISCOVERS SURE FIRE WAY TO KEEP EXTRATERRESTRIAL PARASITES AWAY

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW

Fuck.

>that snap

>Things start buying Cred Forums passes
>Hiroshima still nukes half the boards
>Things infest what's left

Cred Forums here, we purge it with fire Far Cry 2 style.

What if a good majority of the world is already a thing and we just don't know it

We could be thing posting right now as it slowly makes it way to us as we sit here shit posting on video game boards as it watches

Someone hold me

Posting best theme

youtube.com/watch?v=w9_yNuPIWEU&list=RDw9_yNuPIWEU&index=1

We'll hold you close don't worry. Things hate being close to each other.

Really distracted me when this song appeared in The Hateful 8.

The ending theme is better, it's so haunting.

Is SS13 really the closest we'll ever get to playing The Thing multiplayer?

The best kind of Thing game would be some sort of Hitman style game. You play as the infected, you plant incriminating evidence, you infect others etc.

Didn't you wear braces before?

Ultimate question bros which is the better alien movie monster The Thing or xenomorph

EEEEEEHHHHh, didn't know there was a game of it. Dling it now asap.

The Thing is way more terrifying purely because it hides in plain sight.

I would play it.

If the thing infects one xeno the whole colony could be fucked if it started infecting the eggs.

It all depends on the form thing takes

Who would win, The Thing, or a Parasyte?

There was a pretty good Starcraft custom map for it.

All players were forced to be white, so you couldn't call out who was killing you.

I'd say thats an even fight because The Thing could be easily dissolved by the acidic blood, while at the same time could easily assimilate a facehugger or xenomorph if it caught one by surprise.

What if The Thing assimilated the Xenomorph somehow? Or Vice versa?

It has problems.

Namely being that the blood test shit didn't mean diddly squat because most NPCs were scripted to go Thing regardless if they were clean seconds before in a test.

A remake with randomly selected NPCs that could be the Thing and chances to be infected along with autoaim removal has the potential to be terrifying.

Then maybe script it so that "buddies" try and transform to kill you right at the worst possible times, like when you pick a fight with shit or the lights go out.

It had some neat concepts, but it completely missed the point of the Thing with the various consistent forms and the ability to make it stay dead with just bullets.

Xenomorphs are terrifying but they don't really leave you questioning if you can trust the people beside you. That's Weyland-Yutani causing trust issues.

The Thing makes it so you can't trust anyone whatsoever.

Didn't John Carpenter do the soundtrack for some weird obscure japanese horror game?
I remember hearing about something like that once.

The thing is technically more of a threat since it both can assume the form of anything and displays.a much higher intelligence then a xenomorph. I'll be honest and say I have only ever seen Alien and none of the sequels, maybe xenos are formidable then I think.

I'd kill for a good Escape from New York video game.

Wasn't there plans for one at some point?

>the thing browses Cred Forums

Huh. Cred Forums really is one person after all.

Best way that I can think of is to count it as a loss anyways, if it's a game about the thing movie then one guy left alive means one guy went nuts and killed everyone, the object of a paranoia game is to get as many people to the finish line as you can.

This game sucks. I disliked it even when I was fifteen years old and enjoyed absolutely anything put in front of me.

Imagine what kind of horrible monstrosity the Thing could have created if it got out, assimilated everything on earth, and then combined all the biomass into one organism

After Alien the Xenomorphs became quick but fragile(For the setting) monsters that breed quickly provided they have a source of hosts.

They do adapt as well, but it's not intelligence like the Thing has.

The Thing is more of a threat because of how it infects and how it can hide in plain sight AND infect without setting off any alarms whatsoever.
Xenomorph infection is blatant and they come in swarms. Marines can and have fought them off in canon.

Sort of.

youtube.com/watch?v=oJYY-gbd6m8

>procedural tentacles
Wheew

Some Gmod maps have that. I think one I played had you needing to do stuff like sleeping so you couldn't just hole up in a corner.

>Hope the guy you're with doesn't infest your ass when you had to take a piss

I am a Hero is about something like that.

shit negro

tell me the name god damn

the thing reconstitutes and lives out the rest of the victims lives as if nothing ever happened until other aliens reach earth

I don't think either would work. Xenomorph is made of acid and pure silicon, and even with enough mass it'd be absorbing a shell, like eating pretzils without a drink.

Xenos create a placenta inside of you, which would end with the thing simply pushing it out.

Now, assuming it did work, it isn't going to have any of the advantages of the thing. It's going to be a tentacle-y xenomorph that disguses as a xenomorph, thats able to get sniffed out by other Xenos (Hivemind).

I wish Changeling mode in SS13 felt more like The Thing and less like sting-and-drag-into-maint simulator. The fact that everybody has radios ruins any real isolation.

Really I would like to see a new Thing game, director style AIs have come a long way and if a dev who knew how to code good ones took a shot at it I think we could get something really great.

You fight the fear with a plasma cutter and your stomp of fury.

>Things aren't real
YOU'RE not real

morbus is the gamemode name

Maybe cause it's a horror movie and it's October?

Changeling mode used to force you to change into the person you absorbed.

If I was the thing I'd make spacefaring superorganisms and become the Tyranids

Read "The Things", gives more insight into the creature's motives

>my gf wants to watch one horror movie a day during October because she loves Halloween
>she's coming over to watch The Thing tonight
Yissssss

delete this immediately

Problem is, it's non-canon, and the movie is pretty ambiguous about it
Part of the horror is not knowing how it works and everyone can come up with their own explanation

>implying I give a fuck
No Warp, no problem
Fite me, subpar robot fucks

They made a video game?

It was a video game FIRST, moron.

The movie was inspired by the game.

Sounds like something a Thing would lie about.

The movie came out in the 1982 dummy.

You know a really fucking scary part of The Thing if it got in the ocean we would be fucked no stopping it. It would infect all sea life and then spread to the main lands its fucking terrifying.

Sounds like it could be cool provided it didn't end up like the division.

Why would it be more dangerous in the ocean?

I think you mean it's based on a novel that came out in 1938.

sharks

Oh, I forgot about that.

[Doubt]
You can't fool me, Thing

it would assimilate plankton, leading to fish. fishermen catch fish, get attacked by thing fish, thing fishermen reach the shore with thing fish
and that's only one path we could take this

Honestly a lot of people do. My father actually owns a reel of The Thing from Another World and a work print reel of The Thing. I grew up watching them both all the time. I fucking love me some John Carpenter. Even Vampires, but that's a secret shame.

Why would it be more dangerous in the largest biome on earth that humans still have trouble navigating and entering? Oh nothing at all I'm sure the fishies will do everything that they can in trying to figure out who's infected and who isn't before the dolphins find it and try to fuck it.

It would spread so quickly with nothing to stop its progress sharks and other creatures it would get infected if they bite The Thing it could easily get to any bit of land it wants and you cant kill it in water because fire dose not work in water if I need to give you a science test.

That looks pretty rad.

Oh yeah, wasn't there a movie about it before 1982 as well? I do forget a lot of details regarding it. I've only seen the 1982 and 2011 versions. The 2011 one is sort of a prequel, right?

Gyo. Spooks abound.

Thanks for this thread guys, I love The Thing.

I can't remember the last time I had such a good time on Cred Forums. Nobody is even yelling at each other.

>all the sea life crawls out at once and begins attacking you
>dolphins covered in shark heads with octopus tentacles and body parts from alien species

2011 version is a straight up prequel. And The Thing from Another World came out in 1951, but it wasn't as faithful to the book as Carpenter's version was.

>No warp no problem

Necrons only issue is the warp, though Tyranids are anti-warp too. An autistic necron overlord (Trayzn, the collector of weird shit) instantly caused a tyranid planet to implode by thinking about it. Gauss flayers remove biomass and Hive Fleets have been witnessed curving around tomb worlds for the sake of avoiding necrons. A single Necron ship (The World Engine) plowed through a hive fleet then landed on mars, flying non-stop from it's tomb world to get to Terra. A Bio-titan was killed in melee by a nameless Necron overlord and the largest known tyranid in the milky way was instantly killed upon contact with a Tesseract vault.

The entire reason Necrons are currently awake is because Szarehk feared they'd eat too much and leave nothing to conquer.

yeah, The Thing From Another World, from the 50s

it's kind of funny reading ebert's review on The Thing, he slams it because compared to the 1951 movie, it trades in a sense of paranoia and fear for cheap garbage like special effects meant to dazzle theatregoers. basically the same sort of complaint people had about the 2011 movie vs the 1982 one.

what am i looking at.

I felt it was boring. Controls....ugh.

Story: A+

Nah I was saying that without the aversion the Tyranids have to the Necrons are their soullessness Tyranids would wipe Necrons out

The Thing from Another World came out in 1951 yes. It's kind of a loose pulp interpretation of the novel but I think it's great. There was another film called Horror Express from '72 but I wasn't too huge on that.

My niggas.

Do you mean Chaos? Tyranids eat anything, regardless of having souls or not.

Boy I bungled that sentence pretty hard

*Nah, I was saying that without the aversion Tyranids have to Necrons because of Necrons' soullessness, the Tyranids would wipe the Necrons out

And to make that make sense, I'm saying that since the Thing-turned-Tyranids thing that I suggested would exist in our universe where the Warp doesn't exist, the Thing wouldn't be scared of some robots

>Nah I was saying that without the aversion the Tyranids have to the Necrons are their soullessness Tyranids would wipe Necrons out
jesus christ, ease off the spirits

Hey, I corrected it
I started off by trying to say one thing but I changed mid sentence and forgot to correct myself

Thing threads are always good somehow. I feel like I should have started a stream of Dead Space or something but seems too late now.

Another fucked up idea whsat if The Thing could spread itself through germs like sneezing what if when some asshole sneezes next to you he's really just trying to get his germs into you so he can infect you either way stay away from bastards with runny noises

I see. However, simply throwing numbers at the Necrons is ineffective since necrons just warp to the nearest tomb world, or regenerate on the spot when they're mortally wounded. They have no counter to the C'tan, reality warpers, or things like Gauss Pylons, which blow holes in mountains. All Tyranid advantages are null against the necrons.

Gyo by Junji Ito. Ocean nightmare time.

But muh reserves

i understand that but

what is it exactly

It's been a whine since I've read it. So I can't say off hand. Sorry.

>stay away from bastards with runny noises

This made me laugh more than it should have

The Thing by far. It's just faster at assimilating with biomass and is much less vulnerable since Parasytes die when the host body gets damaged while the Thing can regenerate damaged parts efficiently.

Its a person thats been captured by a machine that is powered by gas released from decomposing bodies.

>le kawaii uguu kittyface :3

and into the bin it goes

Go see Aliens dude, it's awesome. Probably the most quotable movie ever made.

lel

To put it in a very simplistic way, mechanical spiders invade japan.

digitalspy.com/movies/news/a479872/john-carpenter-wants-dead-space-film/

I..it'll happen some day right?

This shit needs to be canon.
Thanks, user.

Nah dude leave it as it is. A remake would suck dick. just imagine what it would be...
>every time a thing grabs you its just a fucking retarded ass qte.
>regenerating health with BLOODY SCREEN. SO REAL!(TM)
>Endless amounts of brain dead ai team mates that need to have their hand held everyfucking place they go.
>JUST FOLLOW THE GLOWING DOTS DOWN THE ONE-WAY CORRIDORS, SOLDIER.

I was thinking something like barotrauma.
You are in a ship, you need to reach X place but you depend of multiple players to reach it, so if you go killing everybody, you are fucked.

wouldn't say sequel, more of a reimagining

That movie terrified me as a kid. The sense of suspicion that something's wrong, then being sure of it, then gradually becoming outnumberd and finally hunted and alone in the world. I think that's what makes it so scary, even if you survive, you'll probably never meet an actual human being again, even though you're surrounded by things that look just like them.

Also practical effects will always be scarier to me. The best cgi may look realistic, but never actually real.

How's it end?

My idea was russian ice breaker ship on routine travel bullshit. They discover a frozen fucking chunk and guess what happens.

Now the cool thing is that they're all speaking russian, with english subtitles. This adds to the authenticity of the film as well as a barrier for the viewer. They use tattoos as the method if some one was infected as the entire crew had some.

excellent title man

SS13 is an insane asylum

When did he become infected?

Isn't it his shadow on the wall when the dog enters his room alone?

Then why'd he point out the Norris head as it tried to escape?

youtube.com/watch?v=sEjjcdg-LVs&index=3&list=PL0828E3D6929DFDB6

To cover his ass
He was already infected by then

I imagine it'd need a sizable amount. You immune system would pick off a small amount before they could try to assimilate.

Because he can clearly see that other people have already seen it.

>We're

>we're

GAME NAME

>"Ah ah ah, we wouldn't want to spoil the surprise now would we?"

Why would the Thing talk like a gay devil?5

Only retards think this is a bad line. It fits PERFECTLY into the context of what the Thing is talking about.

It's a being that thinks in terms beyond our comprehension, and selects that word solely because it's our closest idea for aggressive reproduction.

This
>Unfortunately it would probably just end up being trouble in terrorist town: winter wonderland edition.
Don't see how it's a bad thing *wink-wink*

I loved it, but it was severely flawed.

I fucking hated that all NPC deaths were scripted, despite the blood test mechanic, which implied that it could happen by chance. Also, the controls were shit.

I'd like to see a Thing inspired co-op campaign game. Experiment with multiplayer and the way Things work.

But user.

I liked it.

I always wanted a scary co-op game.

Like, imagine L4D but actually scary and not just action action action.

And then at some point, while you're watching through pitch blackness, seeing only with your very limited flashlight, a mimic starts attacking you. It looks like a different teammate to each player, but hurts you simply by being close.

Not the Xenomorphs, they have nothing in common, just the facehugger may be because all listed species have little cowardli running shits that ruin everyone's day

>used the kit once on a guy ingame
>came up clean
>traveled down a few more rooms
>he turned
I get they added the kits to give the trust system an extra element, but the scripting rendered it kinda pointless to use it on anyone but yourself

When the fuck will we get a new Thing game?

Did this user just OD on (you)s and die?

Let's figure out who own the rights first. Given the game is not available anywhere i'd say it's in copyright limbo, like NOLF games

I don't remember much about it except that I was too scared to play it and that your party vomited everywhere and could transform into monsters.

Things for spooks. Xenos for sex.

>tfw I never saw any of The Thing's movies because my mother thought they were dumb
What am I missing?

You're missing some good ole fashion body horror and suspense back in an age were CGI didn't compose every waking inch of the monsters