What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mikeBithell/status/782901693096787968
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Black Lives Matter.

Dj Hero was full of hiphop and pop music in general.

Is PaRappa hip hop enough?

>what is def jam

breaking rappers necks with DMX was fun

sjws never cease to amaze me with their ignorance

I need a black metal indie game.

This faggot hasn't heard of Def Jam? Midnight Club?

You dumbasses don't know how to read, do you?

They're casuals who are unfamiliar with the indie scene. Also racists.

He's basically asking if there's an indie group with a lot of black people based on hip hop

I'm not going to acknowledge the "indie" part because these people do the opposite of making an indie. Therefore, I stand by my statement.

Nobody gives a shit except twats who like to jerk off how obscure they are. A game could be the most corporate shit ever and still be good.

>these people do the opposite of making an indie.
What does that even mean?

Isn't that a form of racial stereotyping? Here's the tweet.

twitter.com/mikeBithell/status/782901693096787968

Someone tweet to him.

have there been any? ever? how do you make a game out of that, anyway - Singstar or Parappa or something?

I'm not really big into hip hop but I am pretty deep into the fucking shithole that is independently developed games and no examples of good gamers that fit those criteria come to mind.

is he implying that there's just a bunch of underrated hip hop vidya out there?

Mad World, although that's not as much hip hop as just rap.

Kanye Quest

>good gamers

typo. meant to write "good games". also polite sage

What about GTA:SA? That was self-published.

notm > tms > bp > ex > jd > nldw >gp

It means they regurgitate that statement to make it sound unique, when it really isn't.

There's probably no demand for it. A lot of games I thought were cool just don't have an audience currently, like side-scrolling beat-em ups. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but it's not happening right now.

It would be possible to make a hip hop based indie game, but how would it play and would people even care about it? I would think a Parappa spiritual successor would be the answer, but the gameplay was so simple and lacked replay-ability that I don't think it would appeal to modern day gamers.

>There's probably no demand for it.
You're wrong though. Indie scene isn't revolved around demand. AAA scene does that and indies are there to fill a small niche audience usually trying out new shit.

Because making generic indie games is already hard enough.
Making a good game like that would require proper knowledge not just of art / game design but also music, culture, someone to write decent hip-hop OST, etc. Too big of a scale for indies.

All it takes is group of "journalists". Take a look at pitchfork and their sudden love for the whitest hip hop available.

Then I guess there's just no interest in it. I mean you can't really force something to be popular. I want monster masher games like Splatterhouse and War of the Monsters but nobody is making them.

The problem with that is that you have to actually enjoy hip-hop to high degree even begin to make one.

If you half-ass it it's just going to bomb.

Yuuko is cute

WHY DO YOU FUCKING LET YOUR MOUSE CURSOR IN THE WAY OF A SCREENSHOT

THAT'S NOT HOW IT

FUCKING

WORKS