Why are the graphics so much better than XV's?

Why are the graphics so much better than XV's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vQwKxMqV9uE
twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/766606808559550464
youtu.be/2KFSlevBrgo?t=176
forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/2417/ffxv-events-tomorrow/p4
blog.hashtagtiffany.com/2016/08/highlights-of-ffxv-live-event-by-dengeki.html
comgnet.com/ranking/
youtu.be/Yd7nIYDPF-I?t=49
youtu.be/QXU18F1mj7g
monolithsoft.co.jp/company/profile.html
youtu.be/0Tj_CsCt6vY
siliconera.com/2014/11/06/xenoblade-chronicles-x-final-stages-development/
youtu.be/zkMagjvBB3g?t=1h17m22s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just stop starting threads this way
I'm looking forward to the game, but you guys that start threads this way are retards

simple, clean, cartoony artstyle.

Every screenshot of this game has this warm, inviting feel to it.

Because its your autism

Style>graphics

Will the game be good?

>Funko Pop: The game

I understand chibi style to an extent but I hate this particular look.

what is this game even about

Its looks like shit, playing like shit. What to do you expect from this trash?

OH SHIT IS THAT GARDEN?

A brother and a sister traveling through a world that's a mash-up of almost every numbered FF game.

>implying he's actually planning to buy it

>A brother and a sister

WIll the fug?

Only in fanart.

Lmao yeah clearly just another bait XV thread.

>we want the bobble head audience

Ok then its totally not worth buying

But this isn't FFXV user.

The game looks like silly, cute fun.

Until you see the Kingdom Heartsesque main characters. You just know they're going to have a shitty, angst-filled story.

Cartoony artsyles tend to look better graphically

Looks like Tidus and Yuna are having a moment. Hopefully, Tidus doesn't blow it

Yeah its thread about WoFF and im talking about WoFF. Will you answer me why its looks like shit?

>Until you see the Kingdom Heartsesque main characters. You just know they're going to have a shitty, angst-filled story.
>KH designs mean angst
this is literally the most kid friendly game enix has produced in years

Don't say I didn't warn you when one of the chibi characters makes a "sacrifice" and the two KH characters spend 10 minutes crying about it, or when the boy is tempted by the evil villain and gets all emo about it, or any of the other "meaningful" "emotional" scenes we're going to get with these emotive characters instead of the fun little FF fanservice game this could have been.

>Don't say I didn't warn you when one of the chibi characters makes a "sacrifice" and the two KH characters spend 10 minutes crying about it
you say this like it's exclusive to this game.
Besides its already been confirmed by the trailers

Have you seen some of the movies to this thing yet?

One of them involves the girl being trolled by a miniature Cactuar in a conductor's hat.

Parts of it might be serious, but this game is abundant in light-heartedness.

Because stylistic approaches are always, always better than realism-focused approaches.

>Simple and clean
I see what you did there

What I dislike about the main characters is that their models have the exact same fucking face. Even as bad as Nomura is with sameface, his concept art still gave them distinguishable facial features.

It's not going for muh realism. That said the chibi characters look like shit.

I think its because they're twins.

Well, I mean, they're supposed to be twins, right?

>Even as bad as Nomura is with sameface, his concept art still gave them distinguishable facial features.

That doesn't mean they have to look totally identical.

Do you want the guy to have a goatee or something? I normally wouldn't defend sameface, but in this case there is a perfectly fine excuse for them to have the same eyes, nose and mouth.

BECAUSE THIS IS HOW FINAL FANTASY IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK

Conservative artstyle > realism

This happens every time

I want them to not have the exact same face. Are you retarded? Do you have prosopagnosia? People have more distinctions between facial features than facial hair, you retard. Being twins isn't a perfectly fine excuse, given that they're not identical twins and they're also of different genders.

>given that they're not identical twins
You don't know that. Maybe the girl used to be a guy who was cursed by a witch to be a girl. Maybe the guy is the girl from another dimension. Maybe it's a chibi game for babies and you shouldn't worry about it too much.

If you hate chibi, actually kys.

Its less "chibi", more "if the NES and SNES sprites were in 3D".

Because the art style is more appealing.

would've been better if they were also in the big head chibi style

The technically have a chibi form, but I wish they were like that the whole time. This mixing of styles looks awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=vQwKxMqV9uE

Best sister
Best girl
Conductor Cactuar secret optional boss when

Anime is great.

>all Amano FF art starting with 1987 had normal human proportions
>WoFF is so unappealing that expo demo stations are routinely completely empty when other SE games have 7 hours long waiting lines
>m-muh t-true FF
People trying to shitpost with WoFF are going to have one hell of a rude awakening.

I don't mind chibi graphics 90 percent of the time, but this Funko Pop-esque style makes me want to fucking throw up.

Chibi is fine.

However, this is just too fucking far. This isn't "Chibi" it's fucking bobble heads

>>WoFF is so unappealing that expo demo stations are routinely completely empty when other SE games have 7 hours long waiting lines
Really?

This looks way better than the Kindom Hearts noodle people.

>Funko pop

Can't unsee it now.

No way

Source.

Barely any pre-orders, either.

This thing is gonna flop big time, at least in Japan. Cryin' shame.

My sister and I look EXACTLY the same the only difference is my eye brows are thicker

>Barely any pre-orders, either.
Source.

Butz is cute! CUTE!

When does World of Final Fantasy come out? It looks interesting, even though I feel like it's going to be a bit on the easy side.

>My sister and I look exactly the same except we don't

Someone posted a chart in a past thread. Wish I saved it...

End of the month, as I recall.

I'm not following, is this game a budget release or a full price game?

If this game is £50 then they can fuck off.

Even by chibi standards, the proportions are disgusting in this game. Head to body ratio is far too ridiculous.

full price, according to Amazon. Why is that a problem for you? Because of the art style? Is there any reason to assume this won't be a full-length JRPG?

Because the art style looks crap and the gameplay looks mobile-game-y

lol

Its the usual turn based stuff.

Only with monsters fighting alongside you, Pokemon style.

first off, art style doesn't dictate price. That's an absurd standard to go by. Second, what about it looks mobile gamey? It's a standard turn-based JRPG. Since when is that "mobile-game-y"?

They already said it's supposed to be 40 - 50 hours not counting side activities.

...good contribution, tripfag.

>Second, what about it looks mobile gamey?

>Game split up in to small digestible chunks
>Grinding for abilities
>Braindead battle system

Are you retarded?

More excited for this than I am FFXV desu.
Totally up for that Bravely Default x Pokemon in FF aesthetic gameplay.

Sounds like every other Final Fantasy game.

>>Game split up in to small digestible chunks
What?
>>Grinding for abilities
oh, so this is bait
>>Braindead battle system
oh, so this is low-quality bait. Gotcha.

twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/766606808559550464

The video is from Gamescom; the waiting lines for FFXV ended up being 7 hours long. As for WoFF, try finding any detailed impressions of its demos that weren't written by a journo. What the other guy said about the Jap preorders is also true, plus it's at the very bottom of the Famitsu Most Wanted list.

>>all Amano FF art starting with 1987 had normal human proportions

So, FF9?

>I-it was okay in the 90s so it must be okay now!

AbsoLUTELY fuck off, lads.

>As for WoFF, my claim about the lines being empty was bullshit, so here's a new claim

that is deppressing

game looks cool af

>the waiting lines for FFXV ended up being 7 hours long
So 3 hours LESS than Zelda BotW despite having much more people?

Lol.

>the waiting lines for FFXV ended up being 7 hours long
Source. That doesn't sound true at all.

>literally PoP! the game with ridiculous chibi heads

no thanks, I'll pass

there's absolutely nothing wrong with turn-based combat

>Spending 7 hours listening to that garbage Stand By Me cover

It's outplayed and isn't even done well here. That's the fucking problem.

How do you know it's not done well here?

not done well? How? It's turn-based, it's a pretty simple system.

Because I've watched fucking videos and the combat and monster hat system thing looks terrible.

>It's turn-based, it's a pretty simple system
Everything else that goes WITH the system you idiot

Because its turn based. Turn based means trash.

yeah, why can't those damn dirty japs make RPGs to match the new, modern standards set by games like Skyrim, Dragon Age, or the Witcher 3! They are the very model of what all RPGs should be like in the current year!

>7 hours

LITERALLY post a source.

Also source that there was no lines and shit for WoFF

What makes it look terrible?

>Hyperbolic strawman
So you're just all out arguments, huh?

such as?

I didn't even know Stand By Me was even that massively popular in Japan until people started talking about the link to FF15.

Watch a video on it? It looks slow, unengaging, and the monster hat thing looks like a terrible inclusion. Even aesthetically it looks terrible.

>POP! Figure game.
>KH kids
>baby's first FF

the UI looks lame, I'll give you that.

>It looks slow, unengaging
Why?
>and the monster hat thing looks like a terrible inclusion.
What about it looks terrible?
>Even aesthetically it looks terrible.
I don't care, we're talking about gameplay.

Learn to construct an argument, man.

They look so god damn cute it hurts.

LOOK AT IT

>>It looks slow, unengaging
>Why?
Because it is physically slow to fucking play you idiot. Couple this with the emphasis on the monster hat thing and the whole "we're adding FF superstars because we don't have a good reason for you to play this game without it" and you've got a slow unengaging battle system with some terrible inclusions.

>>Even aesthetically it looks terrible.
>I don't care, we're talking about gameplay.
Why not?

You should see his ultimate attack.

This shit is not "classic" chibi, it's fucking Funko POP! bullshit and I fucking hate it. I'm a very forgiving person when it comes to art style but this is just disgusting

>Bravely Default but not done as well
>Defending this
kys, my man

>Because it is physically slow to fucking play you idiot. Couple this with the emphasis on the monster hat thing and the whole "we're adding FF superstars because we don't have a good reason for you to play this game without it" and you've got a slow unengaging battle system with some terrible inclusions.
All you just did was say it's slow and unengaging because it's slow and unengaging. Complaining about the FF cameos existing is not a criticism of the gameplay.

>tumblr gif

>Because it is physically slow to fucking play you idiot
Wow, it's a good thing you can fast forward the combat then, isn't it?

>Thinking Bravely Default was done well
kiss my man

>Why?
There's a delay in between attack animations and characters taking damage and they felt the need to ad a button to speed up the empty space in between turns.
youtu.be/2KFSlevBrgo?t=176

to be fair BotW was the only fucking game they had

>when something this cute is this deadly

That "delay" is no different to how any FF has ever displayed attacks and the following damage.
And the speedup button is a good thing that quickens the pace of the game for people who don't want to wait, so why would you act like that's a problem?

>B-but!
Okay. The gameplay is slow and unengaging because it relies on you picking the right monster hat thing to win whatever battle you're in. Don't have the right hat equipped? Woops! Better boot up that menu, pick whichever one applies to the battle and will give you an attack that can beat the enemy, exit the menu, and subsequently win the battle. Also to top it off, by having the enemies weakness equipped, you're now one turn down, but honestly, why does it matter? You've just tailor made a character that can win the battle. Absolute bullshit.

Now. Why the FUCK are skills tied to your monster hat? Fucking WHY? The game gives you monsters anyway, they just insist that you enter a fucking menu to equip the right monster hat to get an ability that your character could have had at the beginning of the fight. And they included this specifically because of the fucking aesthetic choice of having monsters on your head. So yes, the aesthetics tie in to this.

That's why it's slow and unengaging you fucking retard.

Speed up is always good especially for post game or endgame content. Go play FF9 and tell me speed is totally fine

And? It still got more visitors than any other game on the floor because it had the most hype.

E3 is closed to fans, it's only open to journos, etc. Journos flocked to BotW because it was the most interesting game to report on.

>it is physically slow to play
The game literally has a fast-forward option. You need to work on your bait skills, boyo.

>ITT people argue about a game they dislike and won't even buy to begin with

>Muh fast forward button!

Does it have a button that automatically equipts the right Mirage for each battle? Otherwise, I'm out.

The game shouldn't be slow enough to need a fast forward button in the first place.

>The gameplay is slow and unengaging because it relies on you picking the right monster hat thing to win whatever battle you're in. Don't have the right hat equipped? Woops! Better boot up that menu, pick whichever one applies to the battle and will give you an attack that can beat the enemy, exit the menu, and subsequently win the battle.
Literally Persona gameplay. Yet when Final Fantasy does it, it's bad. Never change, Cred Forums.

IT DOESN'T COUNT!

THANK YOU

Also linking abilities to your load out, then giving you an in battle menu to change your load out, is absolutely stupid and designed to just eat up time.

Because the normie westernfags that go to E3 have such great taste, right? I'm sure the CoD and Madden booths are crowded.

it doesn't look any slower than any other turn-based JRPGs I've played. You kids need to quit it with the ADHD culture.

>Literally Persona gameplay. Yet when Final Fantasy does it, it's bad. Never change, Cred Forums.
Are you new? Persona gameplay is widely regarded as trash. People play that shit for the friends simulator bit, not the shitty battle system.

If the game would be as fast as the fast forwarding all the time you wouldn't have time to actually think about waht you want to do against harder bisses, it's not like fast forward equals auto win against every enemy

Who

THE FUCK

Actually defends Persona gameplay?

Honestly. Let's hear it.

Which game does it right then?

Gee, I guess Bravely Default was bad too, since it had a fast forward button as well. In fact, every PC port of a Final Fantasy game has a fast forward option now as well.

>Are you new?
are you? The only people I've ever seen talk shit about Persona's gameplay were speaking in reference to not having full control over your party in 3. I have never seen anyone here who is a fan of the games complain about the system of having your attacks tied to your Persona and being able to change it in battle. So pretty much, ur a faget.

forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/2417/ffxv-events-tomorrow/p4
blog.hashtagtiffany.com/2016/08/highlights-of-ffxv-live-event-by-dengeki.html

You can also find Twitter users who were there talking about it. 1.5 hour lines during the closed media day, 6 to 7 during the public days.

Mana Khemia. Hands down the best turn based system in a JRPG.

I mean emulators in general make all games trash since they pretty much all have fast-forward abilities. Damn.

Lurk more? Because you need to post in more Persona threads, kid.

>Source is some guy on a forum

Well, I say the waiting time was 20 minutes. Guess I'm a reliable source now.

Of course a small budget fan game with barely any marketing will have a shorter line than a game with way too much maketing, is that supposed to impressive?

Because you're an anime loving faggot?

The modern FF fanbase clearly doesn't want this, they even had to try and compromise because of that.

People

WHO LIKE

The games.

Shocking. I know.

Nah, fag, speed options are an option that have existed in games for decades and are always welcome. FF8 allows you to have long or short summon animations, as does FF10. Fire Emblem allows you to turn animations on or off. Super Robot Wars allows the same on top of having speedup in the battle animations on top of individual turn skips. The modern FF PC ports all have native speedup options.

Speed options allow each player to decide how fast they want the game to be, whether they want to watch the animations or save time. Speed options are never a bad thing.

I have been in countless Persona threads starting from shortly after the release of FES, kiddo. You don't have a leg to stand on here. Time to just give up the bait game sonny, you're not cut out for it.

first page result from googling "chibi game"
>how dare you post a gif with a low filesize, it must be from [buzzword]

>Naruto
>classic anything

You're not helping.

The fast forward button isn't the problem you retards, it's the slowness of some of the animations plus the dead air in between turns where nothing happens. The latter is bound to happen at some point in any ATB-based game but it's usually only for a second or two at most and not in between every round of turns.

Care to read the Dengeki summary, retard?

Are you talking about the time while waiting for characters to get a turn as the ATB charges? What the fuck is "dead air" even supposed to mean?

Literally wrong.

Care to post a reliable source instead of some guy on a blog, retard?

This game fate is nothing but filling the gap until Nov.29

Will Golbez be in this game? Golbez is the best big bro!

No him but Persona games are widely regarded as having shit gameplay but good visual novel aspects.

You'd know this if you were actually a fan of the series. But whatever, you're clearly just baiting here, so have a (you).

I agree that it's rather slow, but it's probably supposed to be that way since it seems to be directed at both ff fans and kids. And for people that want to speed up certain parts they can speed up.
I'm replaying FF7 right now and i use the speed up button all the fucking time to fill up the ATB faster, but i'd have no problem to play it with normal speed all the way thorugh

When is a game too fast, when is it too slow? Why not give options like they did

If it's such a true essence of FF, then you would think the "true fans" would be all over it. Judging from the Japanese preorders, they're clearly not.
>comgnet.com/ranking/
>barely ranked
>lower numbers than throwaway harem VNs

i just like collectathons more than Press X to awesome 'open world' stuff

That doesn't actually have anything to do with it being slow, but okay. Why is picking "equipment" to counter a specific enemy supposed to be a bad thing? FFX did the same thing, only your "equipment" was in the form of specific party members, like Auron and Kimahri being the only ones with piercing weapons until late in the game, or Wakka being the only one with a decent chance to hit flying enemies who would resist magic.

You explained a mechanic and spoke about it in a negative tone while failing to actually give a reason that it's bad.

>Are you talking about the time while waiting for characters to get a turn as the ATB charges?
Yeah, like pic related where the turn order gauge is almost totally empty. I dunno if it's actually that slow but it just looks strange to me.
>What the fuck is "dead air" even supposed to mean?
There's nothing happening except the characters just waiting for their gauges to fill.

Mana Khemia is trash, fuck off.

That won't automatically make it sell. Bravely Default or I am Setsuna are also rather old school and they will never compete with XV simply because of marketing and budget. Even between old school FF fans the opinions and tastes differ especially when it comes to artstyle and this one has a rather unique one.
Same goes with FFXV just beacuse it's doing something new doesn't mean every game that does the same would have the success, there's marketing and bduget involved

>man gets tattoo of baby sephiroth.png

Then speed it up as someone said before the game seems the be aimed at ff fans and kids and just casual gameplay without too much challenge, so a speedup option is a good way to have a faster combat system and a slower one for peple that can't speed through this shit like pros

>What the fuck is "dead air" even supposed to mean?
How fucking young do you have to be not to know what dead air is

>Yeah, like pic related where the turn order gauge is almost totally empty. I dunno if it's actually that slow but it just looks strange to me.
Every ATB-based FF, particularly 9, was slow as fuck with the ATB at the start of the game, because the ATB speed depended on the character's speed. I can't say I'm a fan of the system because of that, and I'm not sure it works too well in WoFF given that there isn't any "active mode" like FF7-9 had, but it could potentially tie into turn-delaying mechanics, and the speedup option largely makes any waiting complaints negligible.

I Am Setsuna was a fucking mess in several regards. They marketed it as an adventurous old school JRPG with Chrono Trigger battle mechanics but went and made the whole thing a sombre tale of sacrifice with 90% of the game being white snowfields, which was nothing like old school JRPGs. Then they also made it a full price handheld release despite the clearly below-average presentation and lack of voice acting. Even the OST suffered for it; it was quite clearly composed for an orchestra and then cut down to its current piano and rhythm form.

>there isn't any "active mode"
There is though, apparently

I agree but the game still looks fun
I'm not getting it on release but I would be surprised if I never picked this game up. Looks fun

Oh, well that's cool then. All the gameplay I'd seen had been on wait mode.

I fucking love Xenoblade X visuals, it has some of the most beautiful levels I have ever seen, that fucking forest.

This game looks kind of retarded, is it a full j-rpg with its own story or just a dumb crossover like, say, Project X Zone?

It has its own story and, if you exclude side quests, the story is confirmed to take about 100 hours to complete.

Game would look like its worth playing if the characters didn't look like fucking Pop! figures.

is this the closest we could get of a Dissidia for PC?

This is the only footage I'm aware of that seems to show Active Mode.

youtu.be/Yd7nIYDPF-I?t=49
50 seconds in

I hate how Square first announce all of their games as PS4 exclusives.

The texture in the top one is still loading.

>100 hours

I don't want to sound bitter but considering none of the FF games reach that hour count in the main adventure by any means it sound like this will be a very grindy game.

>chibi version of a Mandy is just a Mandy
They truly are the best FF enemy.

Conflicting information here.

nah

>That dub

The jap dub isn't any better, but of course you wouldn't be able to tell and just think that jap is always better

Same with Tonberry.

what's wrong with it? It's a little stilted, but it fits with the look of the game.

Bad voice acting is very easily recognisable even if you barely understand a language.

The girl is hot.

it'll be 40-50*100 hours, for a net of -4960 hours of gameplay

the one reason I won't play this game is because it has shitty graphics

>Shantotto

Tonberry actually looks different. Though that model is just like the Tonberry Plush in XIV.

Honestly Shantotto is the best use of this art style so far.

That female Ifrit is ridiculously sexy.

If they come out with a World of Final Fantasy PS4 bundle I'm buying that shit up right away. No game has ever pandered to my nostalgia harder.

Sony/Enix please.

Why are Yuna's eyes the same color?

If I read this right, there are female versions of the summons now?

also, Shantotto is best

That bloom is killing me.

Welcome to Furrydom.

That tells you the game is being made by people who don't know shit about FF. Not that it matters.

Sorry all the marketing money goes to XV :^)

Because you're not looking very hard.

I like its furry form more

100% more airship than FFXV

Get better eyes before you shitpost

>female ifrit

that looks pretty fucking good. my only real complaint is that the water tiles too much

XV has the flying car though.

They're proper. The pic is just washed out.

What went wrong with his design this time?

>i wanna fuck that

is Rinoa in this?

They aren't.

Quistis and Squall are the only confirmed FF8 characters so far.

and FF10-14 all have airships in them, but not since 9 have you been able to actually fly it on the world map. even if it is just node to node

Guess what Shiva is male

The only one is Squall I think of FF8

Ice Goddess (male)

faggot retard

>Boy in a sailor scout outfit
TOO LEWD!

SHALL I BRING YOU THIS PEAR!?

Her right eye isn't even green, just turquoise.

Too edgy and not in the *teleports behind you* way.

That jet thruster thing and the tattoo on his wing. Get rid of those and it would've been fine.

Because they aren't?

Why are wofffags such insufferable faggots? Why can't you shill your shitty game without having to mention XV?

This is male Shiva, the one in that is the normal one.

RIP eyes.

OH SHIT THE COMFY AREA CAME BACK.

that's some anime right here

And it looks EXTRA comfy now.

LOOK AT THIS DUDE

This game is so cute it's giving me diabetes

your monitor is set too bright

>wondering why people on Cred Forums have to be as contrarian as possible

I hope zidane tries to hit on every female character in the story

But user, you've always known how you can go there

that titbad needs more tits

wakarimasen lol

*titbat

thighs

Let me guess Cred Forums, that's a boy.

This is good.

>wanting to fuck siren
>Not

>Yuna's chibi doesn't have heterochromia

Nope, it has tits. Queen Acho

What kind of mirages are you hoping to see Cred Forums? I'm putting a darkhorse bet on this nigga, in hopes he even has a move called "You're next!"

...But it does. Fix your monitor.

wtf i love woff now!

>it has tits.

That's never stopped Cred Forums before.

It looked like just the lighting in the first pic.

Not the right colour though.

Bless you.

>Not the right colour though.

Also not the same shape or size.

Unbelievable. Cancelling my pre-order forever.

XCX was in full development since 2010 and had 300+ staff
XV was in full development since 2012 and had 200+ staff

Both XCX and XV were the first HD game made by the dev teams.

And yet XCX looks like trash compared to XV in every aspect.

What Final Fantasy is this from?

Final Fantasy XV has been in develpment since 2006.

They already confirmed a version of Ultima Weapon, but I'm really hoping that they might have the FF6 version of it as well, that looks like some weird beast with machinery fused to it.

Final Fantasy XIV

You guys put way to much effort into these dumb images. You get triggered by one guy again and go right to photoshop

You also act like it's impressive to look better than a game on fuckig WiiU hardware compared to PS4 hardware

It's mildly disappointing and demonstrates a lack of attention to detail. The game still looks good.

FF7. thats choco mog but in robot form

No it hasnt unless you mean the trashed version. 2012 it started

We saw this one, but i don't know if it's the only one

>Source is some guy on a forum
Except that person was proven to be there.

Also the game had 4+ hour waiting line at TGS so go fuck yourself.

BotW is the only game Nintendo had and that was also the fucking first time anyone got to see anything proper for it and acutally play it, we've already had three demo's prior to Gamescom for XV so again go eat shit.

Chocobot?

Robocobo?

And they still don't know what to do with it gameplay wise. Why on earth ANYONE is looking forward to this heap is beyond me.

>people are mad about a supa kawaii Final Fantasy game

What has this world come to? Why must everything be viewed in such a negative light?

forgot image

>Posts sources
>T-THAT DOESN'T COUNT!?

So there's gonna be toys of all these versions of the summons, right?

right?

YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE MORE THAN ONE THING

They know what gameplay they want. I dont want it

Is this digimon?

looks like ff7 one

I wonder what you consider a "reliable source"? You're surely part of the "LOL GAME JOURNALISM" crew, so any gaming-related website is out, yet you also seem to think amateur bloggers, people who were at events in person and have photographic evidence of things, don't count, either. So what is "reliable" to you?

No Freya no buy

this game honestly looks really good
my only concern at this point is that the side quests won't be interesting

Fucking do it.

Is it more sad than Nintendo fanboys posting cherry picked pictures of Xenoblade trying to pretend it looks better than FFXV? I think they cancel each other out.

>mfw all these chibi girls

Cutethulu.

Yeah, they haven't detailed much about those. I've only seen passing mention of them, that some would be given by the FF characters, and some would get you more Mirages.

No, that is trash that isn't any different than how you move around from world to world in Kingdom Hearts. XV airship is a legit you actually flying over the world where you seamlessly leave it.

youtu.be/QXU18F1mj7g

Well it started with a stupid xv vs xbc image out of nowhere

So basically the monster-design in this game is way better than the new pokemons.

well yes, but you could also say that about my last shit

No it wasn't you fucking retard, it was only announced in 2006, not in full development. I bet you think Mother 3 was in development for over 10 years too.

Nice shitpost faggot, keep ignoring the fact that it was only announced as a concept 10 years ago, it didn't start full development and even become XV until 2012. And the combat system has been nailed down years ago with them just improving it since then. Why you faggots keep continuing to be so fucking clueless about the game yet act like you can make valid complaints about it just proves you are a fucking retard.

EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T FFXV IS TRASH!! STOP POSTING THINGS THAT AREN'T FFXV REEEEEE OR YOU'LL TRIGGER MY AUTISM

she should give sena those hairclips back

Is there any Crystal Chronicles stuff, by chance?

The Japanese reads as Mecha Chocobo.

No, I'm just countering him with his own logic. You also are defending a faggot who seriously tried to call XCX better than XV then when it's pointed out it's not you go "oh well it's not even impressive to beat WiiU" which was not even the fucking point you goalpost moving faggot.

what's ironic about this post is that this game will literally be better than XV

No i'm not defending it, so calm your fucking autism xv-kun. Don't ruin anohter thread

Simple, a simple style over realistic graphics will always win out in the end.

See I have no idea what this game is even about but I guess it looks kinda cute but with these main characters just kill any interest I could ever have in this game.

You always jump to the DEFENDING self pity train right away do you?
I think XBC looks bad, but i don't have to reply to every single image of it, how do you even walk around on the street, do you get triggerd by every fucking person wearing the wrong shirt?

>OP literally starts his thread by trying to bash XV instead of trying to praise WoFF on any of its merits, maybe because WoFF has no merits at all.

>WAAAAAH STOP DEFENDING XV YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO DEFEND IT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Now that's what I call irony, that you think WoFF will be good or that anyone will even give a shit about it.

kek
I could, yeah.
But srsly, they're doing a pretty good job here.
I'm not into the chibi/toy character-design, but all those monsters look cool.

Hey man i just posted a random post, your fault if you get triggered by it

The fact that you are trying to go against me means you are siding with the person I am going again, meaning yes you ARE fucking defending them. Holy fuck Whiny-kun stop being such an apologist cunt already.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH STOP CALLING OUT SHITPOSTERS AND WRECKING THEM WITH FACTS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

That's a digimon.

Only Echoes of Time, sadly. There's Sherlotta and Undead Princess.

Wait a second.
There is World of FF Shiva, World of FF male Shiva, Toddler and Loli Shiva, and now FF13 Shivas ?

And of course you will be triggered by it once again like a fucking child, are you really that insecure about your game?

Hey man I just called you out on your shit, your fault if you get triggered by it.

Damn son, got me!
Nice parroting again

And of course you will defend shitpsoters and be an apologist fucktard once again like a fucking retard, are you really that desperate to shit on the game?

Yeah, I'm guessing they've gotta double down on some to fill the 200ish monster quota.

Yes

This thread was going alright until you idiots had to respond to XV-kun.

And more irony.

Your post will also just trigger him and he'll tell you to fuck off and stop defending and that he's just doing gods work

>It's not the shitposters who are wrong it's XV-kun!?

That sucks. Ah well thanks user

Looks like a quest board

> people think it looks like funko pop dolls
> and not 3D versions of SNES FF sprites
> or the chibi merchandise Square's toy group has been making for 15 years now

Jesus fuck

Why didnt you show their down faces. You can say. Whatever you want about xeno but character art is the worst in the series. Enemies arent bad but you're still a dumb fuck. I agree style over realism but not with those patato faces

>Both XCX and XV were the first HD game made by the dev teams.

Are you literally retarded

>Replying to 2 hour old bait

What's happened to your life m8

Jesus, no need to get that triggered XV-kun

Nigga you started it

Indeed

>Einhander
>Digimon

At the very least, it's obvious they're hiding a lot of stuff so far since they're STILL revealing new cameos we haven't seen yet. I guess there's hope in something more than just that, but so far those are the only two we have confirmed.

Where does XBX come in to that equation and why did you post a bait image that was so hilariously cherry picked?

Has a game ever been ruined by shit main characters this badly before?

Time does not exist for xv-kun

Ps3 wasnt hd. Id give you the pc version though

The XIII team worked only on XIII and then got moved into mobile and made Mobius Final Fantasy dumbshit.

Versus was primarily the Kingdom Hearts team prior to the switch which was when a new team was put together comprised partially from the Agito/Type Zero team which also worked on PE3 and most of Square's handheld ports.

>> and not 3D versions of SNES FF sprites
You sure about that?

VII and XIV one yeh

Ff8,10-13

Are you? XIII has literally nothing to do with XV dev team you fucking faggot. Jesus fucking christ do you think every FF is made by one team or something?

XV is made by the Versus(KH1/KH2) team and the Type-0 team which came from PS2 and PSP era games, and are all in Business Division 2.

FF13 dev team is in Business Division 1 with Kitase and are working on Mobius and FF7R.

Yes. Fat head, club hands, club feet, long eye.

>that Rydia
Too fucking cute

holy shit is that Wall Market?

we get chibi Corneo maybe?

No, this faggot cunt did. and so did OP by shitting on XV in the fucking opening post to try and shill his shitty game by desperately trying to shit on XV because there is nothing of merit to even talk about for WoFF.

>Fat head, club hands, club feet, long eye.
I can see that but the proportions are all weird compared to the sprites.

>already happily gorging myself on FF nostalgia using XIV
>This game then comes along

Well I could always consume more of this comfy nostalgia

So this game may be the closest we get to HD remastered FF games? setting aside the FF7 remake

Embarrassing

Boy you have no god damn idea.

Am I getting too old for this shit? The chibi shit looks kinda cute I guess but I can't fucking stand those kids, is this game just targeted at kids is there a demographic for this?

>yfw all the porn will be of the siblings or the dude chibis being gay as fuck
>the girls will get very little if anything

Nigga YOU started here you fucking fag

Except I didn't post any bait, I posted facts.

This faggot here posted bait and I responded to him calling out his bullshit. I didn't post the pic that that post replied to so fuck off.

Balamb Garden was never supposed to be comfy you fucking idiot.

Square will most likely remaster more old FF games in the order of popularity
DIssidia graphics or Woff graphics would be totally fine by me though, not the same artstyle as Woff the the graphics. Not everything needs to be 7R imo

>is this game just targeted at kids
Pretty much.

It's mostly the head being a quarter wider than the sprites heads when viewed straight on. That's pretty much the only difference.

>dropping the ball: The game
Why the fuck did they have to ruin the cute art style with those fucking horrible normal ass people-like characters? What a way to fucking ruin a game, holy shit. Then again, it's a Squeenix game, so of course they're not gonna make anything good.

>Someone responding to bait in a jokey fashion requires swift and precise punishment
Get a clue.

The heads are also bigger in proportion to the torsos.

when? I need some America in my FF worlds

Holy fuck the absolute state of FFXV

Because it's an easy way to not have budget problems. And guess what, this game has a small ass budget

Remind me why we aren't just reporting FFXV-kun at this point?

Because not enough people bother with it, even ignoring him woudl do

The 300+ figure for Xenoblade X is counting the entire Monolith staff though, not just the team actually focused on X. During X's development Monolith helped with other games, like Zelda Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds and the two Project X Zone.

You have a genuine mental illness m8.

I've been here quite some time and I've never seen a more annoying and deranged cunt than you. Not even that Andromeda guy during the SWTOR debacle.

Will you leave this board soon after FFXV comes out?

>making more detailed characters with more polygons
>an easy way to not have budget problems

Nigger I didn't post that pic and my first post in the thread was this No, XCX is embarrassing. What's especially sad is that you have to use a fucking promotional non gameplay pics of XCX compared to outdated builds of XV. Meanwhile in reality XCX is trash and inferior in every regard to XV.

Yeah, MS is over 2 offices, and that's current staffing numbers - they took on a bunch of staff after X's development finished as well.

Of course not XV will have at least a year of Season Pass DLC

Since they've upped their numbers nowhere near 300, btw, they've got just over 100 employees as of this year, which included a drive in May last year and a drive in May this year for extra staff do you think we'll see XBCXs successor any time soon? We know the NX dev kit is why they expanded

Nothing I've said has ever been wrong when I said it, meanwhle you and your kind constantly defend shitposters and retards because you want to spout ebin memes about XV so you can shill your own shitty games. You want deranged go look at Anti-XV-kun, you want annoying go look at Whiny-kun. I'm never going to leave this board and I have no reason to.

Man your pics are fucking gold. Totally save all of them to trigger Ninendrones later, thank you.

>O-oh shit they've guessed my identity
>C-cunt...
Get a clue.

MOTHERFUCKING EINHANDER

Is there any other non-FF Squaresoft stuff in here?

Neither have they

I'm excited for this game

fuck Versus

It's part of the mechanics of the game

You have stacks:
chibi = small size (can only stay on top)
medium = mid size (can mount Large creatures)

There is no 300 figure.

There are currently 109 people at Monolith Soft, including both offices. Where on earth did the 300+ figure come from?

Tristan a best
youtu.be/0Tj_CsCt6vY

All those images were made by the same person.

>G-get a clue let me just repost this meme image!?

FFXV-kun shitposting as usual.

Fuck off, Bazztek

>Sirens are for...

XCX had Monolith Soft and Nintendo SPD working on it so yes it was 300+ devs at the time when XCX was in development.

Is Siren a fight in 14?

Fuck off apologist cunt.

It looks way better now.

Been a dungeon boss since 2.1.

1. There are less than 70 employees at SPD
2. They helped with minor art assets, likely very few employees
3. Only 1 part of MS worked on X, and it had roughly 60 employees at that time
4. By no stretch of the imagination, was X worked on by "300+" employees

Play the Vita version then.

Why are people so hype over World of FF when the devs already confirmed it's going to be a super casual RPG

>Foliage just disappears 20ft in front of the main character
>Shadows largely disappear
>This is STILL probably PS4Pro footage

Wow. Looks better, but still a bit shit.

Didn't the early interviews say there was a toggle or something specifically for the KH style characters so that they would always be chibi?

Like how Stranger of Sword City has an art style toggle.

Because i can enjoy easy games?
I'm excited for more than one game this year, believe it or not

Lol what's the target audience for this faggot shit? Is chibi seriously marketed in 2016? Get s fucking life

It's xbone footage.

>chibi
I'd probably like it better if it WERE actual chibi

This is like...chibi, but exaggerated even further. The head sizes are crazy.

rpgs by definition are not casual. you can't pick up an rpg for 5 minutes any play it. they require a lot of time to be successful in

>XV-kun's posts getting deleted
Why doesn't this happen more often?

>>Shadows largely disappear
There are some shadows on the trees in the back at least.
>>This is STILL probably PS4Pro footage
Apparently they said during the stream that it was on a normal PS4.

But it's not it's a 100 hour pkemonesque classic Ff crossover with tons and tons of content including hidden dungeons and super hard bosses

>There are less than 70 employees at SPD
No, there are more than 70, and that number is from 2014, 2 years ago and a whole year before XCX even released too.

> They helped with minor art assets, likely very few employees
Wrong, it was codeveloped. XCX and the SPD combined when XCX was in full development swing was 300 devs.

Also by your own account XV doesn't have 200 devs because Business Division 2 also made Type-0HD from 2013 to 2015, as well as FF Agito, FF Type-0 online, the Agni's Philosophy DX12 tech showcase, Type-Next/Type-1, Justice Monsters V and Kings Knight seperate from doing FFXV.

>>XV-kun's posts getting deleted
>Why doesn't this happen more often?
Unsurprisingly, if he's shitposting (like he is in this thread that's meant to be about WoFF) if you report it, they get deleted

We don't which console that is, most likely PS4. THe new footage from yestderday was Xbone

I think a lot of people that try to make that argument have never actually played Kingdom Hearts.

Pretty much only the playable cast outside of Terra, Ventus, and Aqua have stupid proportions, everyone else is normal.

Because FF in General is pretty casual so it doesn't change much.

Turn based kiddies are retarded, news at 11.

>XCX and the SPD combined when XCX was in full development swing was 300 devs.
But this is absolutely untrue.

MS expanded between 2015 and mid 2016, and, between both offices, they have barely 100 employees. SPD's total employees (including all 4 dev teams) is currently 70, and that's post expansion after the EAD merger.

You are talking absolute shit.

October 25th.

Ah. Well i thought it was a screen taken from the yesterday footage. Very similar anyhow.

It's still faggot shit. Look at those fucking faggot characters. What the fuck. What's the target audience?

That is regular PS4 footage and it looks substantially better than it did just only 1 month ago.

>Foliage just disappears 20ft in front of the main character
Show me a game on PS4 with better foliage draw distance, especially an open world Action RPG, becase even Witcher 3 on PS4 had worse draw distance and graphics than XV does on PS4.

Yeah, pretty much.

>Also by your own account XV doesn't have 200 devs because Business Division 2 also made Type-0HD from 2013 to 2015, as well as FF Agito, FF Type-0 online, the Agni's Philosophy DX12 tech showcase, Type-Next/Type-1, Justice Monsters V and Kings Knight seperate from doing FFXV.
Adding to that, I wasn't the one that said that, I jumped in here

>Crystal Chronicles artist

Can he please go and draw art for a new fucking Crystal Chronicles game (that shares the same gameplay as the first one).

I will literally believe that's PS4 footage when the game is released and looks like that. Until then, I'm guessing it's stealth PS4Pro footage.

>Maybe if i say faggot a lot it won't show my own insecurities.

I doubt they'll have much of a difference anyway at this point except for vegetation because of the wierd ram from xbone

Story fight and dungeon fight.

>2 years ago and a whole year before XCX even released too
So...the period where they were working on the game?

This is without a doubt better than any other open world RPG on consoles right now. Assuming they don't fuck it up again before release

>most hyped game of the fucking century that most people who play JRPGs have been waiting for a fucking decade
>has a longer line than a more recent spinoff RPG made for fanservice

No fucking shit, dumbass.

That's like saying there'd be a longer line for getting a chocolate chip cookie as opposed to a peanut butter cookie.

It would be funny if they just were using an old version that looked better for convention purposes but the real game to be release is the top one.

No it is objectively true. They had 300 devs between both of them at XCXs peak development time.

>) is currently 70
No it isn't, this 70 number is from 2014, they already expanded more since then.

>and that's post expansion after the EAD merger.
Wrong. EAD and SPD merged in late 2015 to form EPD. You are completely fuicking clueless.

>Food analogy

I really don't like the chibi direction they decided to take with the artstyle, I can't take the final fantasy characters seriously when they're in chibi form.

Also the game kind of feels like a shitty mobile game, it really does look like something you'd see on a smartphone. I might still pick it up, but I'm not really a fan of chibi looking characters and cutesy artstyle. I'm not sure if they were trying to cater/market towards a certain group of people or what, it still looks like it might be fun to play.

>Maybe if I project people won't know I'm a faggot.

Games faggot tested and faggot rated. Look at the art style.

Fuck off faggot

Well there's definitely a toggle to turn them chibi for gameplay purposes, but I seriously doubt there's a way for them to be permanently chibi in cutscenes.

>No it is objectively true. They had 300 devs between both of them at XCXs peak development time.
Until you provide a source, you are in the wrong here. I've already provided sources saying otherwise. So either provide sources, or stop replying to me.

>XCX fans and FF15 fans have been squabbling for nearly 3 years now

Loved XCX and can't wait for FF15. Ya'll all niggas.

Suck my dick fuccboi.

I played through all of FFX and never noticed Yuna's heterochromia.

It took a doujin cover for me to see it.

You provided no such source for anything and you were already proven wrong about the merger of SPD and EAD, since than happened in September 2015 when they formed EPD, while the 70 dev number for SPD was from June 2014.

I didn't like XCX and FFXV looks like trash

Hoping the next game from each dev will be not trash

Lol stay mad virgin chibi fuck cunt lover

>gotta love and cater to my chibi uguu

What does saying that final fantasy games are easy have to do with this

Fucking admit it, your planning only got so far as "put bait on hook and throw it in water", you didn't think about what you'd do if someone replied.

Now you can't stop, there's no going back, you have no idea what to do.

Monolith soft (Post expansion, 2 employee drives) - 109 employees.

And the 70 dev number from June 2014 was from when the game was in active development (development wrapped around January 2015)

So, no. You are unequivocally wrong.

Dat projection kek.

The only one mad here is you :^)

>No it is objectively true
You don't have a single source to back this up, I'm ruling this as untrue.

>Replying to bait nearly 3 hours later expecting a reply even though that chain has long since died

Not the brightest bulb are you m9

>realistic graphics
>never quite realistic enough for your brain to not notice the flaws, and only makes the flaws more jarring

>stylization
>as long as it's internally consistent it looks good and also tickles the imagination
turns out low poly + good lighting is the superior AESTHETIC

Holy shit please post a picture of your room you chibi living fuck

Wait, the dev number you provided is from when the game was in full development, and even then the team were working on other stuff at the time. And Monolith Soft had 2 large expansions are XBCX wrapped up, and they're STILL only at just over 100 employees.

>you were already proven wrong about the merger of SPD and EAD, since than happened in September 2015
That's not even kinda what the argument is about and is inconsequential.

Yeah and guess what? That is CURRENT Monolith Soft employees, not the number they had last year when XCX was in full fucking swing.

>development wrapped around January 2015)
No, the game was in development until March 2015, it came out in April 2015 and they still had the DLC shit they were making afterwards, as well as working on the overseas version until December of 2015.

You were still fucking wrong about the merger because you just fucking said that SPD merger with EAD happened before XCX was out, which is wrong because SPD with it's 70+ devs and EAD with it's 720+ devs merged in September 2015.

>Monolith Soft made X, most of Mario Kart 7/8, and the best parts of Skyward Sword with less than 100 employees
Kinda puts it all in perspective

You first :^)

Too bad the style isn't consistent because of those stupid kids.

>people like things I don't
>how is this possible
>it cannot be!

This fucking SJW-tier "i don't like it so you can't either" logic.

>not loving incest dragons
Wew lad.

>Yeah and guess what? That is CURRENT Monolith Soft employees, not the number they had last year when XCX was in full fucking swing.
...yeah? They EXPANDED meaning that even now they have MORE employees and still nowhere near the 300+ you are claiming.
>>development wrapped around January 2015)
>No, the game was in development until March 2015, it came out in April 2015 and they still had the DLC shit they were making afterwards, as well as working on the overseas version until December of 2015.
It was in the polishing stages for the Jap release in December, then it goes through the 2 month long rating process. The DLC was worked on during this by a smaller team.
siliconera.com/2014/11/06/xenoblade-chronicles-x-final-stages-development/
>You were still fucking wrong about the merger because you just fucking said that SPD merger with EAD happened before XCX was out, which is wrong because SPD with it's 70+ devs and EAD with it's 720+ devs merged in September 2015.
I don't care about the merger thing? It was a side point I made about how the merger came with expansion. Why are you focusing on it? It doesn't matter in the argument here.

Also to add to that, it was well documented that the overseas version was handled in house by NoA with help from 8-4.

>Persona 3 is better than Final Fantasy XII
>Persona 4 is better than Final Fantasy XIII
>Persona 5 is better than Final Fantasy XV
>W-who defends Persona?
Crazy I know.

Nigger I literlaly just counted over 300 fucking names in the credits of XCX and there is still a bunch more after I stopped counting to 300 devs on the game. You are fucking wrong

youtu.be/zkMagjvBB3g?t=1h17m22s

Devs said 100 hours.

Since when is Cred Forums so anti turn based games? Did the marketing divisions actually succeed in making people think everything should be real time action?

>devs
Voice actors are not devs.

from all the consolewar and Sonygger shitposting threads, WHY did you have to choose to ruin this one XV-kun?
this was an actually nice thread, fuck you

>Everyone that appears in the credits worked on the game

Are you retarded?

No, people grew out of turn based because it's shit.

>The shear amount of staff repeated

I bet you counted them twice, didn't you?

Not the othe guy but did you count the marketing, localization team and all the other teams that aren't the "dev team" ?Because if you did, that number is wrong.

I didn't count a single fucking voice actor. Every name I just counted was under either a programmer, designer for 2D, designer for 3D, modeler for 3D, animator, battle design, game system design, concept artists, writer etc.

I would fucking love to see a game get ruined by its main characters any harder than these two did to their THREE games.

>XV-kun

So that's why this thread keeps bumping.

In that case I guess you'd better add the following people to your tally for FFXV if it matters so much

>Localisers
>PA
>VA's
>Game testers
>Special thanks

And so on

Yes everyone that is a fucking 3D modeller, animator, artist, programmer worked on the game, holy fuck look at your damage control.

Except no, nice damage control.

No, I just fucking said once I reached to 300 I stopped counting, it was still only listing ACTUAL devs on the game.

So you think that actually makes you more mature? Classifying your tastes as the end of a natural growth process everyone undergoes? Automatically placing yourself at the finish line like that? I knew Cred Forums had sensitive egos but this is pathetic.

That's an air car, senpai, not an air ship.

FF is pretty clear on what is and is not an air ship.

Its gotta go up in the air for the flying and also look like a ship what goes in the water.

Whoever Koido is, he's a goddamn workaholic, he appears like 5 times

Except seeNice fucking damage control. Why can't you Xenocucks even fucking read?

FF8 doesn't have an airship by your logic.

You should be asking why FFXIV's graphics are better than XV's

Aside from armor textures

>jet booster

11/10

Yeah, you obviously counted staff twice, retard. Quality damage control.

I feel like this design would be better with a different color scheme.

>Except no, nice damage control.
except yes, you obviously did

>Start counting
>Immediately see that there are a shitload of staff doing double jobs

So you just proved yourself wrong? What a fucking fag

As far as devs go, I counted close to 90 before it got in to weird VA areas

Where do I sign up to put my penis in that?

Cred Forums is an 18+ site.

boy has faggot bitch lips, his sister looks cooler than his pansy ass

>want to discuss WoFF
>FFXV pseudo-marketer decides to fuck the thread up

Is this what desperately clinging to a game for nearly 11 years feels like?