Did Dragon Age Inquisition do anything right?

Did Dragon Age Inquisition do anything right?

The Cassandra romance is prolly my favourite in modern Bioware.
Banter was pretty good.
There's like 4 bro-tier good characters in your party, out of 9
So yeah, only cancerous companion shit

the soundtrack

the grafix
not the characters tho. everyone had a weird greesy look to them

Not Val Royeaux that's for damn sure.
>This is the cultural capital of Thedas

Well just look at how many stalls there are!

No, its utter shit and I didnt bother finishing it. I was skeptic before I bought it, but now I dont trust bioware at all

And none of them have anything useful to sell.

I liked being able to dye my equipment and change how my weapons looked / what material they were made out of.

Reminder

Crafting and loot was tight yo volcanic aurum and Snofleur skin for everybody

It ends

The main quest is not bad, dragon fights were pretty cool, companion quests are mostly good, companions are mostly good too. Honestly I think it's a good game if you ignore the "side quests" which are duller than Bethesda's Radiant shit.

But witcher 3 came after DAI.
DAI got goty too.

The Iron Bull is fuckable.

Bioware had hyped Val Royeux as this grand fench city since the first game. People were excited to finally go to Orlais and see it. And that shitty marketplace in the middle of some artificial lake is what we got. Then Witcher comes along and delivers a superior french city just like that. It's almost embarrassing

The cozy feeling of having your own castle as a home base that slowly got prettier as the game progressed.

Problem was the way they went about forcing you to grind forever to improve the castle, as well as the war table bullshit that was more fit for a mobile game than anything else.

It put the final nail in the Bioware coffin

Once Andromeda proves to be its clone EA will liquidate the company

multiplayer was surprisingly decent.

There was a stronghold in it, I guess?

Also, it bothers me that people say the 'best' character setup for enjoying the story is an Elven Mage because of the obvious relevance with Solas, but none of the four voices feel right for playing as an Elf.

There was also the one time I wandered into an area where outlaws twice my level had set up a very well protected chokepoint and my party suggested we should fall back. Then a bear spawned in the middle of the chokepoint and pulled all of the outlaws away from their positions. Getting out of there was difficult because the game respawned some of those outlaws seconds after leaving that point, but that's the kind of thing that needs to happen more often in open world games.

It was alright for Mass Effect 3 too, but the content Bioware introduced and the changes they made felt like they were pushing players towards using more consumables. I'm worried that the more MP content that EA orders made in that style, the closer they're going to get to perfecting freemium mechanics in games that already cost retail price. Even if it is pretty fun.

>It put the final nail in the Bioware coffin
Cred Forums is the only place I hear this, really. And even here people can't always keep up the hatred.

Everything storywise up until you find Skyhold and the game turns into superfriends costantly save the day without any threat from the antagonists were pretty good

I liked the idea of leading a religious institution.

That's it, I think. At least DA2 was an entertaining trainwreck, DA:I was just mind-numbingly boring.

I'm a barafag and I think Iron Bull is absolutely disgusting.

Another reason why people who say The Witcher 3 is a terrible game have no basis in reality.
The attention and care put into architecture ALONE is enough to make it GOAT, if only for medieval city design.

I also hated the pretense of more versatile dialogue options. DA2 had this feature whereby clockwise from the top your forward-moving options were always good, funny and evil to the extent that they were marked as such and shaped any dialogue that you didn't control, like turning in those misc lost and found quests. There's even an option to turn those intonation icons off in DAI.

Every once in awhile I'd try to stray from being a hardnosed sceptic and end up making a lame joke that didn't feel like something my character would say or even what the middle option indicated. All Bioware did was change the dove, laughing mask and fist into the same arrows that indicate you're advancing the conversation, and even then there are still points where the obvious Investigate choice puts the conversation forward anyway.

>Cred Forums is the only place I hear this
everywhere else is full of nu-male cucks

The environments were pretty

Graphics were good, the forests maps were beautiful

Dialogue, new elven lore, and Tresspasser DLC.
That shit got me really hyped about dragon age 4

graphics

Or maybe Cred Forums is just full of cynical fucks who politicise the hell out of video games because they've stopped enjoying them long ago.

graphics, art design and attention to detail is 10/10 but the combat and gameplay is far from GOAT material.

I would only get hyped for DA4 if it the IP landed with another dev

Even Neofag thinks DAI was a mistake.

Weekes is a bigger SJW than Gaider though.

No wonder Trespasser made half the Qunari warriors women. Weekes wasn't even a writer on DA:O so he doesn't give a shit about previous lore.

No, but mostly because gameplay was shit. Same reason I dislike PoE. It's just boring as fuck
If we put gameplay aside, it's just very mediocre game that shits on the lore
Can't say anything good about it, well Dorian wasn't as bad as Cred Forums made him be
I actually find it's funny how Cred Forums hates hamburgerhelper or whatever was her name, but under her watch series never had so much sjw garbage inside, and shit she actually wrote was fully sjw free(both dwarf origins and all their city quests, sister in the second game)

They're probably men with vaginas

Everything in DA:O was SJW free though. The social justice activism wave that the Bioware writers all collectively decided they should be part of hadn't started yet

No, I think it's rather that Cred Forums was Cred Forums-free in 2009.

Pretty much this. Somehow everyone conveniently forgets all the gay and lesbian romances in Bioware games since KotOR.

Gay and lesbian romances aren't SJW. Having characters educate you on being transgender is.

So first DAO was sjw after all, because Sten did literally that

This

You guys all know that the Val Royeaux in DAI is just the summer bazaar or whatever right, not the actual city itself

I did not know this