Discuss

Discuss.

DON'T... ATTACK MY EYE

If both purple and rock pikmin were in one game how would they be used differently?

it's called pikmin 3 battle mode

Rock pikmin destroy crystal and can't cling onto things.

Purple pikmin can carry heavy things.

Purples need a big fat nerf. Using them in 2 for anything other than carrying the heavy stuff always feels like cheating.

Water, Fire, Electricity, Poison
One can break glass, one can see completely covered "treasure", one with the strength of TEN (10) pikmin, and another can fly.

What else can they add?

digging pikmin, digmin

Bulborbs are cute

Post yfw you were first fighting this thing

Night pikmin
bring back bulbmin

Maybe dense Lead Pikmin that are unaffected by gusts of wind?

who else here /genetically engineering bulborbs and pikmin/

Best idea I've heard yet

Is Pikmin 3 good?

Is Pikmin the darkest Nintendo game?

Yes

If you're expecting more of 2 you're going to be disappointed, it's definitely a return to form with 1's style of "survival", but it is extremely lenient. The Challenge Mode is practically its own full game, you will most likely spend most of your time with that after beating the somewhat short Campaign. 1 > 3 > 2

Do you guys remember all those autists who got pissed off because they though the new 3DS Pikmin was Pikmin 4?

some of those challenges are actually fucking impossible

Thanks. I've owned it for a while now but haven't tried it.

Also Pikmin 1 is on the Wii Virtual Console. Does it actually support the gamepad?

Weren't the Purples or Rocks unaffected by win?

The Rocks were unaffected by being crushed.

Git Gud

No. None of the Wii games on the Wii U Virtual Console are any different than playing on the original hardware, other than the fact that you can display the game on the gamepad. You still need a Wii waggle remote or Classic controller or whatever the case may be.

why don't you git bad

Nah there is an exception. If the digital Wii game supported the Classic Controller you can play it on the WiiU Gamepad. So you can play Xenoblade Chronicles using the WiiU Gamepad for example.

Purples are unaffected by win because they're so heavy.

Honestly, if I were in charge, Purples would get a nerf HARD. They basically need to be the grunt work carrying Pikmin. When you need something carried but you don't want to spare the 'mins, drop a Purple or two on that item, make sure the path back is safe, and go about your business.

White Pikmin could honestly do without the seeing invisible treasure if the Yellows keep it. Make them absurdly fast, immune to poison, and have them do damage when they die. Like with purples, it becomes a time management thing. Drop 3 or 4 whites on a grape bundle and as long as the path is safe they'll do the work more efficiently than just swarming the thing. For the poison part, I'd really like to see the Puffstool come back, and the spores and poison clouds could just be interchangeable resistances to the whites. Basically, blues can filter-breath through water and whites can filter-breath on land.

You're wrong friend. It's actually 3 > 1 > 2. How anyone can enjoy the boring-as-hell and needlessly random and repetitive caves in Pikmin 2 is beyond me.

what are white piks

Did anyone actually enjoy the caves in Pik2?

Online multiplayer when?

because fuck you thats why

Yeah, I did actually. They weren't the best, but they were good enough lategame.

I didn't like them, they made time management irrelevant

Really? I stand corrected, that's cool. Can I use the Pro Controller?

They're quite decent even if they weren't entirely in the spirit of Pikmin. I have a feeling Pikmin 3DS' gameplay may be like a sidescrolling version of Pikmin 2 caves.

I did, pikmin 2 is my favorite game of all time

On pikmin 3ds, who is it being developed by? Is it confirmed bad yet?

Parasite Pikmin. Like the Bulbmin, but without a host. You can feed them to an enemy to charm it, with the caveat that it can only be used on enemies that actually eat Pikmin. They'd obviously be rarer than most other pikmin and less useful for manual labor.

>On pikmin 3ds, who is it being developed by?

Nobody knows, but considering Pikmin is Miyamoto's baby I'd wager it's probably a good developer if not 1st party Nintendo.

> I'd wager it's probably a good developer if not 1st party Nintendo.
I doubt its first party since they have the NX coming

Ranged pikmin that attack from a distance. They deal more damage but can't attack while moving and are more fragile.

Camouflage pikmin that are undetectable whenever they're not attacking or carrying something. They also conceal your captain if you have enough following you.

Both ideas stolen from Overlord, but since Overlord is a Pikmin ripoff to start with it's just going full circle.

>hating best Pikmin
>hating best character
>hating best ship
>hating best enemies
>hating best capatilism

>Ranged pikmin that attack from a distance. They deal more damage but can't attack while moving and are more fragile.
Maybe a sentry pikmin? It stays exactly where you throw it and shoots projectiles at enemies that enter its radius. Maybe give it a strength penalty (0.25x the strength of a regular pikmin, as opposed purple pikmin's 10x) so it's not a very good worker.

2 had no time management though besides managing the surface treasures

Allegedly the reason they haven't done this yet is that the game has to keep track of 100 Pikmin at any one moment, and that it's hard for that to be communicated between devices through the internet without causing problems.

No, because, as here mentions, they get rid of the one thing I love most in the series, and that's time management. If every cave in Pikmin 2 was just an extension of the map like in Pikmin 3, they'd be so much better. As it stands, they kill the sense of urgency, they ramp up the bullshit difficulty to compensate and the randomness is not in the slightest bit fun to deal with.

The only cave in the game that I "enjoy" is the Submerged Castle where the Waterwraith forces you to go fast to not get fucked over and manages to have some difficulty (dealing with hazards off of Blues and Bulbmin alone) without being completely unforgiving.

This is honestly the only new Pikmin type I'd be down for.

What would you anons think if they did a form of open-world Pikmin? Where all the locations and caves are one big map and you discover landing points and non-Red Pikmin types by exploring the map during the day? You could even have different Pikmin be harder to find or rarer (Purples and Whites could be tucked away, for example and be optional discoveries).

In 3, the purples don't have a hitbox on their downward slam. I believe they still do more damage in general, but it's not ridiculous anymore.
Also, they made yellow pikmin dig faster, so they actually have a large role in the challenge mode.

Has anyone tried pik2 multiplayer with Dolphin netplay? Its either what said or Nintendo is too lazy

>What would you anons think if they did a form of open-world Pikmin?

I think it'd be kinda neat if the main character was a total castaway. No ship, no means of escape, so they just spend all their time trying to gather food and resources and survive on the pikmin world.

Prickmin :^)

Guys. GUYS.
What if the bulbmin started working like the dragon virus in Monster Hunter?
You leave it too long and suddenly you've got an entire map of wandering and ravenous enemies.

Hi!

Open world Pikmin would be utter shit. You would be restricted to just a forest landscape. You couldn't have beach or winter themed areas because, even if the entire map took a year to travel completely across, you would only really be in the an American state's worth of land, due to your size. Taking away the scenery and great areas would be taking away one of the main reasons pikmin was made.

Goddamn, this game had fewer bosses than Pikmin 2, but they certainly didn't fuck around. Good luck with doing a no-death run on Pikmin 3.

So is there any info on pikmin 4? I think I remember seeing that it was almost done several months ago yet they haven't shown anything

When you say pikmin 4 do you mean the 3ds one, or you assume they're making one for the NX/whatever their next console is

YFW this spider pulls out a fucking lazer guided rifle.

F a m

Louie

Well miyamoto said they were doing 4, but I doubt they would consider a spinoff game as the fourth entry

He also said it wasn't a very big priority iirc, so one could assume it's gonna be on the nx

Forgot pic

Boss fights like these are the reason why I want a Pikmin 2 remake with Pikmin 3's engine and camera. Imagine fighting this thing with the better lighting, more ground level camera and more detailed areas. Shit would be bananas.

I turned my game off as soon that faggot killed all my Pikmin.

Short, stubby Pikmin that can make little ladders out of stacking themselves, and and can let other color Pikmin climb or walk across them

Literally did nothing wrong.

>CEX
>pikmin 2 wii 32.00 pre owned
>more than 3 and way, way more than 1
What the fucking fuck why is P2 so goddamn expensive? When are they going to re release that shit digitally.

I heard it's by the developers of those Yoshi's Island sequels, so not really promising.

But user, the dichotomy between the caves and the overworld is amazing!

>overworld
>limited time, replenishable pikmin

>underworld
>limited pikmin, unlimited time

I don't think Parasite pikmin would be a good idea. Pikmin is a timing-puzzle game with action elements at its core. They would need a reason to make numerous enemies have a purpose? And an Open world Pimkin would have to be by virtue less puzzle-based, since you would have to traverse each area multiple times to travel around. If sunset mechanics are still around, that would mean that the player would constantly worry about how far they can explore in that case. Remember Dead Rising did that?

It has always been really rare. So when the Wii version came out people bought it like crazy. Thus making the Wii version rare too.

This

Pikmin is that rather precise combination of elements that makes it beloved by anyone that "gets it" yet inscrutable to anyone else. Hence, short runs that are nevertheless eaten up quickly, and cherished by those who have it.

Also, Pikmin 2 took years to be rereleased in USA.

I think that was just speculation, as the graphics look similar

If you mean the guys that did Wooly World, then I'm interested.
If you mean the guys that did Yoshi's Island DS and Yoshi's New Island, then I'll pass.

He means New island

> But user, the dichotomy between the caves and the overworld is amazing

Yeah, no, I disagree. If that's going to be a way to play, I'd rather it be a separate mode, like Pikmin 2's challenge mode. I was fine with that as a separate entity, I just don't want it cannibalizing the campaign.

REMOVE WRAITH

In Pikmin 3 purples dont do absurd damage or stun anymore
Theyre kinda shit battle wise desu

But yea, when I play Pikmin 2 I never use purples except when I need them

>White Pikmin and Yellow Pikmin

Don't start this shit again.

Pikmin has the deepest caves.

the 3ds pikmin game isn't the pikmin game we were promised by miyamoto, r-right guys?

It had better not be.

I'll beat the shit out of Miyamoto myself if it is.