twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5gtInauiI
youtube.com/watch?v=MrC8HnxKP40

great ost

Fuck this boss in particular

what's the best track in the game?

for me its Waveshaper - A Monster

youtube.com/watch?v=xZv2OCbQOmI

>that comfy as fuck feel walking through the snow when the musics hits its stride

youtube.com/watch?v=0fHkwgcqQLk

can OST be good, if you didn't play the game ?
or is it the context in wich you listen to them that make an ost good ?

yeah I liked the furi and hotline ost before playing these games

The OST is good on its own, playing the game makes them better. Because each track gains a personality instead of just being music.

Personally, Danger 6.24.

The Chain is the perfect introduction to literally everything the game has to offer, and his stage music is no exception. Especially the way the bass syncs up with the waves of his bullet hell phase.

8, 9,10. Ready or not, here I come.

I hated that bitch.

>mfw fully charged shots trivialize the first phase

>mfw Furier, Phase 4, 1 HP left

>mfw the next boss kicks my shit in

NO ONE SAID WE HAD TO PLAY FAIR

Not looking good~

How many bosses are there?
I just got this and am up to the OP pic, he seems pretty easy.

9 + 1 optional. You'll know it when you see it.

Don't get cocky, user. There are at least two bosses guaranteed to make you eat those words.

she was a cheater anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5gtInauiI

I could be biased though, since I like Carpenter Brut already and this was my favorite fight

>The Beat

Ravio was right, she was pretty hateable. She was also the worst fight, I would have been pretty pissed after that shit if I didnt know about The Star

>tfw

Fuck man, that's so cool.

The Star was a worse fight

>Got that screen
>Didn't enjoy the game
Non story, wonky camera angles, wonky control bindings, shit textures, retarded transparent particle FX. Game was shit

...why would you play the entire game a second time if you didn't like it the first time around?

To shitpost on Cred Forums of course

I don't know what you were thinking people would get from your post other than "I'm an idiot who does things he clearly doest enjoy", but if that was it then mission accomplished.

You're on Cred Forums, don't ask stupid questions

>all these Furi threads the past week or so
I have nothing really to add other than wishing more people would try this out. Really deserves more attention.

Probably because it was on sale for a while.

I dropped the game because I simply could not beat that fuck

Any specific phase that fucked you up? I thought he was fairly easy, but I still didn't like fighting him on repeat playthroughs because he seemed to take so long compared to everything else. Can't put into words why, but each phase just seems so time-based.

the first phase was easy after you get the trick but tedious as fuck, same with the one after it, and then when I finally got to his ZA WARUDO part he would push my shit in then I had to do the whole thing again which got really irritating, didn't even seem worth the effort

>get furi on playstation plus
>get my shit kicked in by the first guard, drop it
>months later decide to give it another shot
>holy shit this is amazing
>didnt have this much fun playing since hotline miami
>get to the sniper girl
>playstation plus account runs out right after i beat her

Is the rest of the game as good?

oops wrong thread

She's an absolute pain in the ass first time around but the sense of accomplishment when you finally nail it is beyond compare.

The boss after her is the Jetstream Sam of the game. The boss after that is easy but thematic as fuck. The final boss is optional, but is a hard as balls 100% bullet hell.

The story wraps up amazingly though.

Jak and Daxter?

nope

>plays the game
>doesn't like it
>plays it again
>shitposts on Cred Forums
Are you also going to speedrun the game?

war of the monsters?

correct
good job user

The ending is really memorable. Totally out of left field.

Just beat this faggot on furier
Can't remember the furi version but it was pretty easy

>Non story
An alien brings devastation to the planet. They finally manage to subdue him, but realize they're incapable of killing him. In a desperate measure, the world's greatest create a prison tied to their vital signs and imprison themselves with him. But the architect slowly loses his mind thinking of his young daughter and of the alien presence still out there. He decides to set you free, hoping you'll grow a conscience while you slaughter all these people who gave their lives to protect their world. How is that a non-story again? It doesn't even need all that, it could only tell you "You've been imprisoned, now fight your way out" and that would be enough of a justification for a video game, but the plot was actually somewhat interesting. The inner conflict with the architect admitting he's probably crazy but would sacrifice everything just to see her face before they both die is more individual characterization than you get out of most story driven "games". And it's interesting the way it all works within the context of a game. The bosses have lines that imply this isn't the first time you're fighting them, because game overs are still canon due to you being immortal.

I'm on the last boss on furier, kicking my ass, but holy hell this dude gave me the most shit out of them all.
On normal difficulty the only people that fucked me up were the angel bitch and the snipers last phase.
Played this game tripping with a friend, we did a speedrun mode and spent 2 hours alone on the last boss.

how can you be wrong on almost every point if you've played it twice? you wouldn't be lying now would you?

you were right about to fight the best boss in the game.

furier was actually a lot of fun with this guy.

>you can just parry all the bullets back to him at the same time
Made that part 10x easier.

This fight as well as all the others got a lot more fun for me once I learned you could counter pretty much any projectile. I used to do what's shown in that webm, but if you counter the orbs, you can finish that fast in half the time. Same with the boss after this one. Countering fucking everything he's got felt so damn good.

>tfw you parry the edge's parry
>tfw you can knock out his first two phases in under 20 seconds now

To anyone interested in hard games this is more of a "le hard gaem meme" than actual hard game. You will beat it in 3 or so hours on your first time unless you're handicapped when it comes to video games. If it was 5 euros maybe then but its 25. Also I had really bad lag spikes in the game during certain boss moves. I dont mean the moving balls and effects but most common was when the boss initiates a melee attack the game will pretty much freeze for a fraction of a second and eat your inputs. I couldnt find any fixes.

those hallow orbs? I had no idea you could parry those. I just thought you could only parry the ones you could dissipate by shooting.
that would have made so many fights easier, damn.

>plot
it was litterally in the end just stolen from the movie (2013) oblivion litterally the good ending had a sence similiar to the end of the movie
with a similar primisis

>Figuring out you can parry her attack where she flies directly at you

what are some hard games?

You can parry majority of stuff

No man's sky senpai

You can even parry the scale's green spiraling bullets. Makes him an absolute joke. The last phase where he puts up that green grid? Just parry it and it will break and you have a bunch of room to dodge.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Fh0KUoBjEU

>You can even parry the scale's green spiraling bullets
Yeah, that's probably my favorite stuff to counter in the whole game. Not only does it obviously shoot back at him to damage him, but it saves you tons of screen space for the sake of safety.

well then. I need to go through and see what else you can parry for fun.

I fucking hate the scale.

I don't know what it is, but without fail, he drags down every single one of my speedruns more than any other boss. The Burst doesn't give me as much shit as him. The fucking Star doesn't give me as much shit as him.

Just got this game on the sale. How hard is it?

For reference: just finished Galak-Z and am playing through Hyperlight drifter currently before starting Furi.

If there was a scoville scale for game difficulty, Furi would be a habanero.

Intolerably hot to people used to milder experiences, but to those who are accustomed to greater heats, it's titillatingly spicy while having a pleasant fruitiness in its own right that makes it a satisfying experience all around that ticks all the right boxes.

dark souls is a jalapeƱo, babby's first hot chilli which they constantly hold up as the proof that they're hardcore and love spicy food SOOOO much

sounds fun thanks user.

Even though I don't usually insult "casuals," I definitely found the people crying for Dark Souls to have an easy mode to be laughably embarrassing. Dark souls literally isn't hard once you've played for a few hours and chosen a playstyle you can manage.
That being said I like Dark Souls and think it's a good game with a fun level of challenge.

JalapeƱos are flavorful and have a spice level that adds a lot to a dish, but they definitely shouldn't be used as an indicator of your ability to handle heat or your experience with spicy foods.

I'm going to use chillis as an analogy for game difficulty a lot more in future.

>food analogy on Cred Forums
>its actually accurate and entertaining

What a time to be alive.

>tfw you saw in your life time a good food analogy on Cred Forums

>If there was a scoville scale for game difficulty, Furi would be a habanero.
It makes you shit fire?

After the fifth time you die to The Burst's final stage, you're goddamn right.

The scale is weird, either you think he's easy as fuck and he's a relaxing break after the Line, or he's tough as balls. Never seen anyone in the middle on him.

I haven't beat it yet, and while it does feel like a legitimate final boss, it does fucking suck

It takes away, in my opinion, the two best things about the game, which are 1)blending range and melee combat and 2)how it can throw some real shit at you and still feel fair due to parry heals. They give them to you in the first two easy parts but then when it becomes a full on bulletlel game they don't give you SHIT

My ass belongs to the Line, though

RNG based boss (well, they all are but The Scale is the most, he can throw shockwave or pink bubble, and you definitly want the pink projectiles)

Is this thread still alive ?

Though I agree that the revelation was pretty memorable, it's a little disappointing that it is the exact same twist as the movie oblivion