R-R-REMEMBER ME GUYSS?

What went wrong?

Developers made a goose that laid golden eggs then starved it to death.

Normies having obligations like school and Niantic being retarded removing tracking and shitting on fans

Literally everything.
Blame Niantic
Also the fad wore off too fast

I still play it though. Normies going away has been a blessing so far, not a single server problem.

My friend's kid still fucking talks about literally nothing but Pokémon GO.

I don't think they could really have prevented a massive dip just because it was a fad and nothing more

That said it was clearly too much for such a small company and they were ill equipped to handle the demands that were put to them

Nintendo should have bought them the moment this shit blew up

removed tracking, then removed the tracking websites, effectively killing the whole point of the app

I don't get these threads. I live in fucking Akron Ohio and tons of people still play. Pretty sure you'd see it if you went outside once in awhile

They released it with huge potential which they failed to reach, instead actually making the game worse with each update and failing to prepare adequate servers with each localisation release. All of this combined means they had their window of massive popularity and success and blew it.

Yes i do remember you. You make this thread every fucking day.
Sage

Individual Values

It was destined to be a fad lasting no longer than a week. Shit like this always is.

Companies should be more conscious of this when it comes to marketing. They should've had the batch of Gen II mons ready before the end of launch month. I know I'd still be playing were that the case.

It was never a good game to begin with, and it's still profitable. So nothing went wrong.

It's an attempt to downplay how successful the app is.

Shills were REALLY banking on Nintendo to not be able to compete on mobile. Now that they've dominated the industry with a single game, with more on the way, it's looking like that won't be the case.

I stopped playing because I don't live in a major city, I can't catch a significant amount of pokemon or restock items. I'm sure this is true for most other people as well.

Gotta force the idea a game OP doesn't like is dead.

Reported for announcing your sage.

Nothing, they made millions but could make even more if they weren't so lazy.

Lebron please go

Nothing, you're still talking about it and it's still making money

Wait, they removed tracking?
How does it work now?

Nintendo doesnt really give a shit about Go, as they dont really make money from it. This was all a ploy to get people interested in Sun/Moon, which worked considering sales for the 3ds went way up a month or two ago.

Nothing easily still 30 million strong still raking in money, Cred Forums will remain mad for the next two decades over this garbage.

I wonder why. Took my a month to reach level 21 now it's a fucking slow crawl and I see no purpose to keep playing it honestly.

gee, this thread looks familiar

Holy fucking shit, the same goddamn thread?

If you're gonna do another Pokemon GO thread, at least change what you say in the OP.

>nintendrones will remain mad for the next two decades over this garbage
ftfy

For me probably that the app doesn't register shit if you're going over 10mph.
I ain't gonna bike slow as fuck

>Nintendo should have bought them the moment this shit blew up
They offered to buy them but Google instead offered to buy Nintendo.

Stop making the same fucking thread every day.

I still start it up when I'm out walking with the kids, but that's it.
I got tired of catching the same birds and rats over and over, and when they made even a CP13 rat run away from my berry and blue ball... that's just like they don't want me to play the game.

Reported for announcing your report for announcing his sage

Got two new local Ingress agents out of it, so that's cool.

This actually made me lose interest should be removed from all pokemon games

It doesn't.

You see what's "near" you, but there's no indication of how far away anything is, so if you walk the wrong direction, you won't know until your target vanishes from the tracking window.

>Disabled, then re-enabled and broke tracking
>Reduced the interaction radius
>Pokemon are everywhere in high-pop areas with strong cellphone use, but low-pop and wilderness areas are absolutely barren
>Similar issue with Pokestops
>Two previous points effectively force rural players to purchase items to attract Pokemon, or drive to a high-pop location
>Pokemon grow in strength based on your trainer level, instead of leveling through battle
>You level your trainer by catching and discarding thousands of Pokemon
>Gym "battles" aren't
>Massive ban wave as bots shut down affected players who had actually been travelling and running Go

This thread is a prime example why I can't wait for this site to burn.
Either get better mods or get fucked.
You hear that Hiro you jap fuck?
You are not getting a cent from me unless moderation improves

>only one ip has posted twice

You can't even put these shitty threads on OP when you lot are the ones lapping them up

>playing a shity game

Oh shit, I forgot this game existed. I got to lvl 11 before I lost interest completely.

I remember when all the stupid normies went "CRAZUHHH" about it and then forgot about it after a couple of days.

Pretty funny.

What did go wrong? I heard people quit but now I see more people playing than ever, particularly after the recent update which more than tripled the spawn locations in our semi-rural town.

>I don't get these threads. I live in fucking Akron Ohio and tons of people still play.

The battle to keep gyms in my town is more vicious than ever. Everyone is still leveling up, even with many of us having reached 30+. There is no death in sight for this game, and that makes me happy.

As for why this game lost a lot of players, I think it is pretty obvious. Since this is the first augmented reality game that was based on something people recognized, it was the first one to get really popular. Unfortunately this is when most people discovered that playing an augmented reality game requires physical effort and going outside a lot, somthing most people don't want associated with gaming.
I feel bad for the next augmented reality game that tries to copy Pokemon. Now that everyone realises being out of shape and antisocial are huge disadvantages to playing these, no one but the current Go audience is going to even try the next one, and most of them might still be playing Go by then if more pokemon are added, etc.

It still has the asspie /vp/ audience playing it.

All the normalfags forgot about it, as was expected.

TPCI is not Nintendo.

It's not really a game, there's no real gameplay.

NYC fag here. I've been playing on and off since launch. I remember after the the third week of the game being out, I was finally able to get some play time in (so many fucking normies were playing the game, the servers couldn't handle it).

My problem with the game is that the only time I was able to take over a gym, it was taken back by another team within SECONDS and LITERALLY NO ONE was around. The game is still filled with hackers playing at home from their computers, most likely those Chinese gold farming websites that sell accounts. I'm kinda sad that people stopped playing, I was actually able to interact with random stranger for once in my life on my own, I'd notice some people around me that looked like they were playing the game and I'd just flat out ask them, we'd have some small talk and go our separate ways. It was nice being able to feel like an actual human for once.

They decided to make an app rather then a game, just another useless reason to stop every so often and look at your phone.

As if people needed another to do so. Instead of making a game, they just made the process of going places even more convoluted then needed.

It was fun while it lasted, but it was just as fun going out with friends regardless

I know that feel pham