Danganronpa 3

alright what the fuck even is danganronpa 3? I've finished DR 1&2 within the past week and saw the conclusion is an anime, I just saw the first couple episodes and it just doesn't feel like a true DR sequel. is it as good as the games? is it good at all? should I just stop being a pussy and watch it already?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/tzxqgn.webm
a.pomf.cat/oxphdy.webm
a.pomf.cat/eoqnit.webm
a.pomf.cat/fnqeoy.webm
crocus29.tumblr.com/post/80766199829/why-pekos-design-is-similar-to-ishimarus
epicmafia.com/game/5457783
youtube.com/watch?v=VfUGLeE_41U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DR3 is shit and noncanon, pretend it never existed

Tengan is the mastermind and class 77 wakes up from their comas undespaired at the end.

Also Chisa is despair too. The "attacker" are suicides.

MINDHACC MY ASS RETARD

MINDHACC MY ASS RETARD

Kodaka didn't even write the anime

Ignore DR3 and wait for V3

ah, so there is light at the end of the tunnel, I was afraid that was gonna be it for all of danganronpa

Good, I'm glad class 77 didn't become edgy despair fucks out of being "talked" and "convinced" like fucking brainless sheep.

And only DR1 fags are mad DR2 cast woke up while DR1 cast is dead forever. Stay platinum mad.

a.pomf.cat/tzxqgn.webm

DR V3 will save the series

Just always remember that Iruma is best girl and the wait will take no time

Fucking Juzo is too good for this world

i agree

PUT HER THE FUCK DOWN

Don't move and nobody gets hurt

BUY MY GIRLFRIEND'S GAME

Danganronpa 3 is actually a great weekly anime and amazing source of shitposting. I don't remember last time I was spending hours upon hours shitposting and theorizing like a complete retard after watching an episode.

Anime itself is not very good, but it's a great stepping stone for shitposting. If you weren't watching it on air, you might as well not watch it at all.

You don't wanna tangle with me, fuccboi

Delet this

This is all for the name of hope

Do you feel lucky, punks?

watch this

It hasn't even begun

watch THIS

wtf i hate despair now

If it wasn't for V3 stepping away from the Hope's Peak shit and being its own thing, I would have dropped this series forever after this anime.

Save us V3

wtf i don't wanna fuck Junko anymore

Hope sure feels good

>77 wakes up
>Everyone looks EXACTLY the same barring fuzu

I'm legit mad about this, I can ignore them taking out SKILLED SOLDIERS with a camera and a guitar

why are you showing me a blank screen?

If you buy my game everything will be OK. All of the pain will go away.

Where did Gundham get this many hamsters?

Breeding

>Have to wait months for western release
>Another year for steam release

How did he breed them while he was in a coma?

I don't believe you.

With his mindhaccs

They bred of their own volition.

TAKE IT BACK, OR THIS BITCH GETS IT

>is it as good as the games?
No.
>is it good at all?
No.
>should I just stop being a pussy and watch it already?
Yes.

Maybe you don't understand just how SHSL Animal Breeder he really is.

Maybe.

watch and taste TRUE DESPAIR

self-breeding hamsters

What exactly did he even do? He's not listed as series comp or screenwriting for either show. Did he just sign off on things and call it a day?

He just glanced over the script and gave the team his blessings. He's been busy with V3.

here, ill save you 12 hours of shit

>Tengan did the whole "game"
>Chisa was despair
>Naegi does absolutely nothing
>Mitarai did the branwashing "despair" video that made everyone fell into despair, now he made a "hope" brainwashing video where everyone is a mindless robot that doesn't feel anything, so he tries to broadcast it to the whole world
>77th class awoke as "ultimate talents" instead of despair and Izuru Gary Stu Kamukura stopped everyone, and conviced Mitarai to join his side
>the end

He looked at things and left to do V3

gettin' real tired of your sass, ace.

Nagito's next, you better buy my game

tengan was a shitty mastermind, the reveal was literally "It was me lol", then everyone had a million other plot points to worry about so it got swept under the rug

stay dead, fatty

I've done nothing wrong.

>posts in every waifu thread ever
>stopped posting in kirby threads
you did that one thing wrong
now buy her game

wow, you faggots are salty

too bad DR3 is canon and you closing eyes and going 'LALALALALALAL, DIDN'T HAPPEN' won't change shit.

Not to mention majority of fandom, or should I just say, the actual fans, liked it and thought it was good, despite some problems. Leave it to Cred Forums to throw a hissy fit and proclaim the anime worse than Satan

sleep tight chiakers

the majority of "fans" never played the games and only watched the anime, nice try through

Fair enough.

Even the japs hated it m8 everyone is just happy that Class 77 woke up

sleep tight chiakers

When you think about it, the final killing game really had nothing to do with Naegi's story. It was just him being trapped in a building for a few hours watching fodder characters die.

>the majority of "fans" never played the games and only watched the anime

source - my ass

Pathetic, relying on so many guns. All I need to win is this one.

Sleep tight, Chiakers.

I don't bother looking up sources when answering to someone who's puking up rubbish to fuel his delusion.

Listen, just put the hope in the bag and we can all go home

So all that hype at the beginning Monokuma tried to feed us was bullshit then. It's such a shame because it started so strong and shit the bed midway through.

>The actual fans liked it
Somebody post that picture of all the nips posting "???" at the final Future episode

>Mitarai is the most push over character ever
>create killing game to convince Mitarai to play Hope video
>Tengan is able to take on Munakata one on one
>didn't just take the video away from Mitarai

Why is Tengan so dumb?

>no source to back up my claim because i don't like you :< also, this means I'm right

kay. Good thing there was anime for DR2, or those "fans" would be unable to discuss it

He's a principal at heart, he wants to allow his charges to grow and become the torch-bearers of the future. Mitarai just needed a lot of pushing to get him there.

The relationship between Tengan and Mitarai was such horseshit, the writer put no effort into showing it on-screen

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
DESPAIR MITARAI SPREAD THE HOPE VIDEO
FUCKINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ICROLUXXXXXXXX REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you are all stepping stones

Were his motives justified?

So who thought the anime was a good idea? It's Danganronpa's Holiday Special.

I wish she stayed dead

>those fucking faces

They literally drew a medicine bottle in there rolling off screen and you faggots kept insisting she was dead.

i wish she stayed dead

I'm glad she lived, there's no point in keeping her dead in a show that's ostensibly just fanservice. What was bullshit was them not foreshadowing it at all, and even lying about it with the body counter in the opening.

Why was she even there

At least Chiaki stayed dead all the Chiakifags actually convinced me they were going to asspull her alive in the last episode

would've been a waste of nice tits
because she had nice tits

I wanted to believe.

Actually he might have a point.

Danganronpa is a VN with puzzles. Considering reading is a dying skill and the ADD epidemic I don't think the games did all that well.

a.pomf.cat/oxphdy.webm
a.pomf.cat/eoqnit.webm
a.pomf.cat/fnqeoy.webm
Even dub Juzo is a meme

I know

that's why we play the waiting game for V3, only hope left we have

But you still have to read subs

They have to have been doing this dub with the knowledge that he was gay already.

Also anime gets a far wider audience than VN's

Future is good.
Despair is shit. After episode 6 or so.

so why are people hating on dangan 3?
Is it because class 77 woke up?
is it because hajime morphed with kamukura?
is it the cheesy "let's be friends!" ending?
is it Nagito supposedly sawing off "his" arm a second time and having a robot arm now?
Seriously what is it? I'm genuinely curious.

First thing, 'MIGHT' is a key word here. He may be suscepting stuff and may even be right, but it doesn't give him right to spew it out as an objective fact that has been confirmed.

And second off, even if people watched DR1 anime, there is no DR2 anime to watch. And I haven't noticed DR2 characters and stuff lacking in conetent, hell, if anything, DR2 seems more popular.

Danganronpa always forced you to turn off your brain to enjoy it, but Danganronpa 3 was just too much bullshit and replaced intriguing things like the creation of the ultimate despairs with deus ex machina.
And the "twists" were horrible.

so it's because the ultimate despairs just suddenly and magically reverted?

If you are the person said guy responded to than you have no right either to spew it out as an objective fact that has been confirmed.

If anything you are in the wrong here.

The lame junko/remants of despair/tragedy explanation.
>muuh brainwashing.

Some things should just remain a mystery generally

The ending was fine. The problem is the 23 episodes of pure nothing we had to endure to get there.

Expect I actually provided some argumentations why I think he talks bullshit

What Danganronpa song should i use as my ringtone?

>prior to DR3's bullshit, Nagito and Mikan were the most likely to wake up from their comas since they knew it was a simulation
>they're the ones that ended doing the most in Hope Arc anyway
Am I the only one that noticed this? Proof that reviving everyone else was just pure fanservice.

Nagito still could've saved Naegi and had his fanservice. Mikan still could have revived Kirigiri. Having everyone else wake up was fucking pointless, all it did was shit on SDR2's story.

New World Order

Love is Survival

He had a point and several people agreed that he might be right with different pieces of evidence and argumentation, i do too.

From my point of view you talk bullshit.

>is it the cheesy "let's be friends!" ending?

That's 1 and 2 endings as well. I don't see what people were expecting.

fanservice moment with him*

Usami's Lesson

>1 and 2 endings
>"lets be friends!"
Did we play the same game user?
Both endings were depressing for me because everyone lost most of their former friends in pointless murder.

If you didn't see it while airing then there's no reason to see it. Half of the fun of watching the anime was hanging out in the threads.

>we might have lost some friends, but as long as we have HOPE, let's be friends forever! For the sake of our classmates!

The same shit.

Arguably Impostor should also wake up for his touching reunion with Mitarai, but other than that yeah.

Americans don't read subs. The anime is dubbed, no? That's what they watch.

So who is leading FF now that everyone is dead, and Yu went back to Inaba

As opposed to what it was before, "muh really convincing Junko"?

The worst thing about the anime mindhacc thing is that DR2 gave every student some really dark backstory making it obvious that they have fallen for despair because of circumstances. And then Mitarai made the happiest people into murderers with a movie.

Danganronpa 2 had a pretty good ending. The survivors woke up but weren't brainwashed anymore and decided to stay on the island because there was a chance their friends could still wake up as well.

The FF is no more since there is no more despair.

Either Togami or the mysterious 13th branch head.

Yeah, I remember Ibuki and Nekomaru's really dark backstory. So tragic.

Mahiru has a nice butt

>That Hajime voice
What happened?

Nekomaru I'll give you but Ibuki could have been convinced with her lack of real friends.

>He had a point and several people agreed that he might be right with different pieces of evidence and argumentation

??????

nobody replied to your, I mean his post and he provided no explanation

Cute bait, though. Got me fooled for a bit.

Nekomaru has like 3 or 4 years to live.

I want to be Ibukis friend!

Her whole backstory revolved around her creative differences with her band but being mostly okay with it, if a little lonely. Teru was just a pervert who liked his mom, Mahiru had no real baggage until the Twilight Syndrome incident, Gundham was just Gundham, same with Sonia, etc. Pretty much the only characters that qualify for "dark backstories" are Akane, Soda, and maybe Fuyuhiko and Peko.

Too bad Ibuki isn't real and never will be

Nekomaru entered Hope's Peak and stayed there for 2 years until the tragedy happened. 1 more year and DR1 events take place. 6 more months and UDG events happen. 6 more months and DR2 events happen. That's already 4 years.
And DR3 is taking place like immediately after DR2 ended.

Ibuki's too retarded to know that nobody likes her.

They may not have been "dark" backstories, especially in comparison to ones like Akane or Nagito's, but barring Nekomaru's they still could have been used to turn them to Junko's side.

>Pretty much the only characters that qualify for "dark backstories" are Akane, Soda, and maybe Fuyuhiko and Peko.
and Nagito with his insanely shitty luck, and supposedly terminal illness

How? What about Teru's backstory of "I'm a pervert but my mom is cool" can be used to "turn him" to Junko's side?

dis pair

>Peko's pod opening
>Fuyuhiko breaking in tears and embracing her
>it's 100% canon forever and ever

So he has even less time?

Izuru cured him with the power of LUCC

>Peko's pod opening
>she shit her pants

Turn his mother to despair first and he'll follow. Barring that you could pull a Matsuda on him and wait for her disease to get her then tell him it's all his fault for leaving her.

Cook his mom

Still a better fate than DR1 kids rotting in the freezers.

You know their relationship was based off of Mondo and Ishimaru's right?

>we still don't know if Peko's family came from Ishimaru's after they got hit with their debt and couldn't take care of two kids anymore so they gave her up

Even fan theories ended up better than DR3

izuru is literally god and cured komaeda and everybody else of autism

Naegi would have to throw them out since he re opened the school.

Ignored again...

>they have red eyes
>ergo they must be related

So Celestia must be the third bastard child, then.

FF was shown to have picked them up when they rescued them from the school. I'm sure they would of gotten the bodies too.

Those drills are fucking stupid

They are clip-ons.

>Chiaki's corpse lying in Hope's Peak underground

That makes them even more stupid

see

No, it's because it's literally stated in the artbook, as well as Peko being based as a Rule 63 ishimaru. Even their eyes are the same, and have a similar height.

Much better

>my game
>posts a picture of not MC

And Phi was a r63 Santa.

Artists do this shit all the time.

She never deserved this fate, man

Fuck off, Kiibo

It was a lame final boss and motive. Chiakizuru would've been hype.

>dubfags watch this and then say they watched the same show everyone else did

it was because of the camera angle

Chiakizuru would have been retarded, at least go with despair Chiaki if you want her as the final boss.

It wasn't the artist, it was Kodaka that commissioned it.

crocus29.tumblr.com/post/80766199829/why-pekos-design-is-similar-to-ishimarus

+ Kiyotaka Ishimaru +

> The Mad Hot-Blooded Top Student

Komatsuzaki: Although he’s now a hall monitor, at first his role was the hot-blooded top student, and we integrated that basic setting during the planning stage. The instruction for his design was, the image that somewhere he’s hot-blooded to the point of being mad, and “spinning circles are drawn in his iris”. With this ‘madness’ keyword, we changed directions from his beta design where his hair is longer and always standing up, to the gakuran which is based off the military uniform and short hair to make him more like a soldier. He’s a character rich in expressions so he has lots of sprites, and I had fun drawing them. Although any of his expression is overreaction, especially the crying one, compared to any other character his had the highest intensity.

+ Peko Pekoyama +

> From the Otaku Girl to the Mad Justice Enforcer

Komatsuzaki: About Pekoyama, from the start of the development, we had thought about including kendo or a character who has a wooden sword or a real sword, but actually, I already have my own image of a character down to the little details. That was the image of a perfectly 'otaku girl’ with long black hair and glasses, abnormally fussy about clothes and accessories like it doesn’t fit her, and always sighs. In one way or another I wanted to make and include this character, but the order from Kodaka was 'the female version of Ishimaru from DR1’. In short, a demand for a 'mad justice character’. Accordingly, as a compromise proposal between both of us, the current Pekoyama design is made. Her body build was set to be petite and thin at first, but we wanted to make her mother-like so it fits the impression received from the plot, thus it turned into her current appearance.

>the name's Juzo, but you can call me Space Juzo

MEAT
ON
THE
BONE

Why is camera angle a meme? It was fairly easy to figure it out.

Uchi did say he wanted Phi to look like a r63 Santa.
It's a trick to keep the "same" designs but on different characters.

200MG OF PURE WAIFU

It's really only a problem in english. I can't speak for everyone but when I hear someone talk about a camera angle it doesn't automatically mean they've seen the angle. All cameras obviously have an angle they're shooting from that's basic logic, the fact that Mikan brought it up was bullshit proof that she knew anything.

>would of

I had a huge problem with camera angle for some reason but got gravel swimsuit and meat on the bone first try

Ah, I see.

I don't quite understand why that was made as I don't see any real connection with Phi and Santa. They even play a very different role in the story, unlike Peko and Ishimaru who fit more of a yin yan parallel and even sacrifice themselves for the person they care about most, and said person happens to run a gang.

How did Ishimaru sacrifice himself?
Like, what even the fuck are you talking about?

wtf DR3 is good now

>If it wasn't for V3 stepping away from the Hope's Peak shit and being its own thing

>implying

If you don't see how Junko manipulating the class and turning them to despair by using their character flaws, as she has always done in the games, is more interesting than watching a video, I don't know what to say to you.

Nevermind the fact that Mitarai was never even hinted at before the anime and ended up being the most important part of the entire plot.

Just finished watching the episode with that autistic bunny girl bringing a frying pan to a gun fight. I have absolutely no interest in finishing DR3. I feel like it brought down the quality of the whole series for me. Don't watch it!

IT WILL. IT HAS TO.

NO HOPE. NO DESPAIR. NO JUNKO.

Honestly that was probably the peak of DR3, it's all downhill from there.
If you really like class 78 you might want to watch side Hope which is just a giant fanservice episode.

Mahiru is alive and has a good chance of sharing Hajime with Sonia, so I'm okay with DR3 staying canon.

>tfw too intelligent to enjoy Danganronpa 3

He's the only person who votes incorrectly during a trial because he totally believes that Mondo was not a murderer. Voting incorrectly would lead you to getting yourself killed, so Ishimaru put his own life on the line for not voting for Mondo.

He also drops his own personality when he turned into Ishida and tries to copy Mondo's instead.

See, I enjoyed the game and characters of DR2 more than DR1, so I've been exclusively watching Despair Arc with the exception of the first episode of Future Arc. I thought Future was looking a little too edgy for my taste as well. Boy was I in for a shocker, am I right?

>
Sonia is also taken for Tanaka and Souda now.

Me too family, me too.

I don't know what to tell you if you think it makes sense for the world to fall apart because Junko is really persuasive (and someone managed to "persuade" millions of people into destroying society). I don't know what to tell you if you think there was ever any indication that characters like Ibuki even had any reason to turn to despair, because all people ever focus on are characters like Mikan and Komaeda and pretend that every other DR2 character was always fucked up.

It was a bad series with some good moments.

The motive for future arc was retarded and the main character looks so much like Yu that everyone just calls him that.

Several fake-kills cheapened it and made it all the more apparent how afraid they are to kill off established characters.

Mindhack was about the worst explanation they could have come up with and kind of retcons despair disease Mikan.

Makoto is against mindhacks even though he just mindhacked class 78

epicmafia.com/game/5457783

>Junko is out of the series forever unless we get some awfully written garbage that some how magically revives her

I want her back, but at the same time I guess she's better off dead

Dont forget based Juzo's story.
It felt like the only worthwhile part of the future arc that made sense from beginning to the tragic end

Aside from the shitty ntr manga tier extortion you mean. Some photos of his friend sure were worth letting Junko be

>I want her back

Why? She is the single worst character

>unless we get some awfully written garbage
Look at this series, user! Look at what you're talking about!

He regretted his choice later on, but made sense that he would be afraid of Munakata finding out.
I was surprised they didnt go with mindhaccing juzo into not telling Munakata

>for the world to fall apart because Junko is really persuasive
Junko persuades directly class 77, then they spread despair through their abilities which are all much more conductive to that than class 78 (also explains why she chose that class instead of hers). What starts as a small rebellion in HP grows bigger exponentially, as was hinted in the games.
>if you think there was ever any indication that characters like Ibuki even had any reason to turn to despair
It's funny you keep bringing her up, because Ibuki has implied she's felt despair already or is at least able to.
Also: the reason she says this is because you swear you will be her bandmate forever. Now if only there was someone who would reach her heart and act as the perfect soulmate, then slowly make her do more and more fucked up things in the name of rock and roll, culminating in killing people on stage or something like that, changing her morals forever, it would be easy to see how she'd fall to despair.

But you're right, mindhacc is a much better plot.

Tengan's reason is FUCKING. STUPID.

>Haha I'm gonna kill my greatest employee's so some manlet beta fuck can finally do something about the shit he caused.

While I agree that her motivations were absolute trash, I actually liked her as a character.

You're right, and I hate you for it

So is DR2 pretty much pointless now seeing except Nanami, nobody really died?

>clearly isn't against killing people
>doesn't just kill mindhack boy and steals his phone

>instead kills his own organaization and gets himself killed just for a small chance mindhack boy MIGHT man up and use the video

There are maybe 2 out of her personalities that were sort of likeable

Him being the assailant due to mindhacks like Chisa was would have been a better twist. Also the irony that both of Kyosuke's bffs were secretly despair would of been hilarious.

Also would of made sense why Chisa would of died first.

>Mukuro will never be your wife and loyal follower

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is junko but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF despa1r!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 1x years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DEEEEEESSSSSPAAAAAAIIIIIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole point was to un-despair the DR2 kids. It was imply in the end that maybe by some miracle they could wake up even by a small chance.

>DR3 made Mukuro a bloodthirsty murderer and a siscon and didn't care about the carnage she caused, instead of being abused into cooperating like DRZero made it out to be
They made her so shit in the anime. Made me retroactively hate her character.

It turned Hajime into a bigger Mary Sue than Junko somehow.

Not really, it may have happened much sooner than it should have thanks to hack writing but the ROD were always going to wake up eventually. The only problem is it kinda takes away any weight to the ending considering they all woke up completely healed of their despair with almost no mental scarring whatsoever apart from Hajime in almost no time at all.

No, because best of everyone and everything in this world and parts left undiscovered lived.

She would be much, much more tolerable if Kodaka took the time to write her properly manipulating or torturing people instead of cop-out lazy mindhack shit.

Only after the finale I finally accepted it being not that good. Junko bits were plain awful and we learned nothing new fron the pre-tragedy events. And the important bits like breaking class 77 and the first killing game were just rushed, ruining what ever impressions the games had hyped them up to be.

Mindhacc existed only for that climax in the finale and as an easy plot device for Junko to break class 77.

>>Mitarai did the branwashing "despair" video that made everyone fell into despair, now he made a "hope" brainwashing video where everyone is a mindless robot that doesn't feel anything, so he tries to broadcast it to the whole world
What the fuck is up with Japan and plots like this? I swear I've seen the whole "I'm going to make the whole world happy but take away all their freedom" conflict like twenty times already

>somehow
Were you just not paying attention at all?

Her loyalty without a second thought actually made me like her the most in the whole franchise.
Misplaced loyalty is still loyalty.

youtube.com/watch?v=VfUGLeE_41U
Specifically from 0:20 onward

You mean she's a normal person? Someone who isn't like Akane or Mikan who would have a good reason to turn to despair because of Junko being really persuasive.

But please, find me screenshots that point to every character that isn't Mikan, Komaeda, Akane and Soda and why they would organically choose to join Junko. But please don't add any more next time, I don't need to hear your fan fiction about how Junko joined her band and then gave her dis pear.

Would of been okay with it if she had good intentions, and that was certainly not the case at all. As expected from a stupid, smelly, incompetent sister like her

Mukuro a shit.

never lose hope
still hurts

You forgot, Naegi did get Kirigiri killed, bonded with Munakata over the loss of a dearly loved one and then it turned out Kirigiri lived anyway.

Only Junko-Chan is allowed to say this

Stop it, you're getting her excited.

Go away, you murdering psychopath

She's also got the personality of a blank of wood. Peko shows more character than Mukuro does.

If Junko wanted to use videos n shit to brainwash people into despair, why not use reruns of the Nutshack or better yet, the 2016 Ghostbusters movie?

Stop it...

only good part were the threads on this site other than that its shit
As a DR2 fag I like the last episode even tho it shits on its ending

They could just make a non canon spinoff game with her in it

>implying she won't be the AI inhabiting Hopebot

She hasnt been the fucking mastermind since DR1. I dont get this meme of her being revived. At most she'll get a monoyono present of her picture or something like Hagakure's crystal ball.

>Sorry I can't come over user-kun, I've gotta go dress up as my psychotic sister and lock my self in a high school with a bunch of kids trying to kill each other. I'm sure with my super human reflexes, I'll be fine.

Then she'd be even worse because she'd be "LE RANDOM KEFKA WHO'S ALSO LE RANDOM MANIPULATION GOD MASTER OF EVERYTHING", mindhack shit actually makes her a slightly more tolerable character because it means she just got lucky and bullied some anime nerd

I really don't give enough of a fuck to post screenshots for everyone. Maybe try playing the games?
Also not sure why you chose Souda of all characters, when his background is lackluster at best and doesn't show any sign of despair? Even Mahiru was a better choice, it would be easy to blackmail her with the Twilight Syndrome stuff.

>world turning to shit because of L U C C is good
Animefags everyone.

You say that but, look how far luck can benefit a character. Its not that unheard for in this series.

Nagito's and Naegi's (to a lesser extent, but still) lucks are interesting because they are countered by unlucky stuff happening to them. You can't really say that Junko has anything bad happening to her because even getting killed gives her joy.

The propaganda anime was a poor substitute for any actual interaction from her character. She really didn't do much at all.

DR2 was a bad ending for her even if it was just her A.I. To truly defeat her is to not play her game.

I just realized not a single person from DR1 or DR2 died in DR3.

What the fuck, Kodaka.

Chiaki did

Kodaka apparently said he thinks it's lame to kill characters outside of the entry they were introduced in.

Real Chiaki is not the same person. She deserved better than what she got. At least showing up in the theater.

>only 2 of the new DR3 characters are alive
>everyone else was just fodder to keep the old cast alive

even the japs hate it these are the nicknames they gave

>Zirai-hen(landmine arc) or Mikan-hen(incomplete arc) for Mirai-hen

>Sitsubou-hen(disappointment arc) for Zetsubou-hen

>Kyomou-hen(nihil arc) for Kibou-hen"

We'll remember her fondly, user. Poor Chiakers.

Despair side's big problem is that MINDHACC retroactively absolves DR2's cast of responsibility and ruins the big twist of DR2. Oh no, these lovable characters that you grew attached to are actually fucking horrible monsters! Can you possibly forgive them? Well sure why not, it was Junko the whole time, they didn't do anything wrong.

Future side's problem is that Tengan's plan is so fucking retarded holy shit. Why did he build an underground base? Why didn't he just take Ryota's phone? Why didn't he just kidnap Ryota and force him to make the video? It really doesn't make a lick of sense.

It was always Junko the whole time, the only difference being the method through which Junko fucked them changed (and it was ambiguous to begin with what exactly she did in the first place).

Not to mention not even the narrative itself lets them get away with it. They say in Episode Hope, just like at the end of 2, that they have stuff to atone for.

wasn't it Junko behind the ultimate despairs the whole time? This wasn't some new revelation in the anime

Except now their "atonement" makes no sense.

That's hilarious.

So, is it bad if I think Juzo's dub voice is pretty alright?

>We
Speak for yourself, user.

Yes, Junko is behind the Ultimate Despair the whole time. The problem is a matter of personal responsibility. If someone tells you to go murder someone else, if you do it that's on you for doing it. You made that choice. If someone takes over your fucking brain and makes you commit murder, you didn't have a choice in the matter. That's why the MINDHACC shit is so bad.

No, not really, it's the exact same shit as before. They used to be normal, but then Junko fucked them up, they did horrible things, and now that they are better they want to atone for those horrible things. The only difference now is that it's specified that she brainwashed them, rather than mindbreaking them or whatever. In either scenario their actions are not entirely their fault, because without Junko as the catalyst there would be nothing to atone for.

Izuru/Hajime's the one that makes sense the least.
>kills one person in self defense
>I HAVE DONE TERRIBLE THINGS AS HIM, BUT NOW I MUST MOVE ON.

>just like at the end of 2, that they have stuff to atone for.

But it's absolutely meaningless this time around because they didn't actually have a choice. They're not changed people who are now bravely facing up to their past sins -- they're just victims beating themselves up now.

No. In one case there's at least some personal responsibility since they chose it of their own volition, albeit possibly via coercion, deception, etc (which isn't actually impossible in DR and something Kodaka HAS PROVEN HIMSELF CAPABLE OF WRITING, see Monaka). Here they literally had no choice in the matter and were just turned into stooges who had to do her bidding.

He's doing a good job compared to the other VAs, so no

Except there was never an indication that what they did as Ultimate Despair consciously made the choice to do what they did. Shit was extremely vague, but based on Junko's MO throughout every other piece of media there's no reason to believe they were entirely willing.

the whole thing has always been about fucking with people's brains

Well no, he also let Chiakers die. When he was totally lobotomized. Frankly I wouldn't feel like I had anything to atone for even then, because it's not as if anything could be done about it.

>Except there was never an indication that what they did as Ultimate Despair consciously made the choice to do what they did.

No, that's wrong.

Except, you know, Mikan murdering two people for the sake of love (implied to be Junko's at the time).

They were always victims. It's amazing the kind of narrative people have in their heads to try to justify their opinions, none of this is present in the games themselves because we knew next to nothing about their time as Ultimate Despair or why they became so in the first place. The closest we ever got in DR2 was Komaeda talking about wanting to extinguish despair from within to create an even greater hope.

The explanation for AI Chiaki(which is dumb because they differ significantly in behavior anyway) creates a plothole in SDR2, particularly the first two cases. Why didn't she just grab her, hold her at gunpoint and say "If you don't kill somebody the girl will get it"? They cared more about her than their own families, some sort of subconscious bond should have surged up again. Why didn't Mikan even try to kill her in a fit of despair since she reminded her of somebody that she loved a lot?

Somewhere out there, there's a universe where zero escape and dangan ronpa had made a crossover with each other, ending both stories together. Would it be better or worse than what we have now?

We would only have one game with COMPLEX MOTIVES and DR3 would be a game so it sounds better already.

We get to know plenty -- that they were massmurderers utterly devoted to Junko. They were in large part responsible for the stat eo fthe world as it is in DR1.

>victims

Thanks to DR3, yes, they are now just dindu nuffing wrong cinnamon rolls

Easily.

Mikan didn't kill her because it wouldn't have emptied a body for Junko to take over. I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that first part. Monokuma sees Chiaki as a participant of the game, turning her into a motive for everyone else wouldn't make sense

To be fair she had to get the remembering disease in order to do that and that could imply she was brainwash(again) to see Junko like that.Cause how different she was compare to her normal self who wouldn't kill a fly.

That isn't even close to plenty user. All of that is vague information, just like pretty much everything revolving around the breakdown of civilization, and doesn't even get into the individual circumstances of the characters.

They aren't "dindu nuffing," they are still responsible for the crimes they committed, but just like as at the end of DR2 we can understand that they aren't beyond redemption because everything ultimately falls to Junko for causing them to fall into despair and turning them insane in the first place. The only difference being we now have the detail of brainwashing, rather than Junko just nebulously "controlling their despair".

But we only know with 100% certainty that it's brainwashing now after DR3. At the time it was believed that Junko manipulated them meaning Mikan did that of her own volition and devotion to Junko.

>Mikan didn't kill her because it wouldn't have emptied a body for Junko to take over.
Would Mikan really operate solely on logic like that? Wouldn't it be even better to spread greater despair, as Komaeda claimed her motive was?

Speaking of, did AI Chiaki spontaneously transform into Junko for Mikan at that point?

>Monokuma sees Chiaki as a participant of the game, turning her into a motive for everyone else wouldn't make sense
I mean Monokuma is the Junko virus, assuming AI Junko is about as clever as the real Junko is, it seems obvious to me that she would have at least tried to exploit the observer.

>only
You mean to tell me you seriously think somebody being mindcontrolled into shooting somebody even if they're fighting it the entire time, is the exact same thing as if they had their morals corrupted over time until they thought killing was okay?

That why it was left vague we only thought it was her own choice to be that way like everyone else.Nothing was confirm only us making our headcanons with the information we were given and taking them as canon.

user..Stop projecting legit feeling for each other on your Yaoi ship

Did you just miss the part in Despair where they explicitly talk as though they are corrupted into thinking that what they are doing is good? It was a whole big scene capping off the show.

There's another funny thing about the remembering disease. It did more than just make them remember, it re-applied the brainwashed state. I think Mikan of all people, if she simply 'remembered' what she did and didn't have brainwashing apply to her, would be more likely to turn catatonic.

Their goal wasn't just despair at that point considering Mikan would have known she was in a VR world and nothing there actually mattered. She killed people with bodies to take over so that they could all become Junko and throw the real world into even deeper despair.

Junko had no reason to use Chiaki as a motive she had plenty prepared already, and in a way she did take advantage of her by telling everyone about one of them being traitor.

No they're not responsible. That's absolutely ridiculous. From what we have seen the despair brainwashing is effective on literally everyone. That means anything the DR2 cast did while under its' spell, they did as mindless automatons. They're not remotely responsible.

>fucking gravel swimsuit
I redid that fucking trial three times before I just caved and looked it up, holy shit what a stupid answer.

Frankly, I thought that that was the Lying Disease being referenced.

wtf i love hope now

But Chiaki was easily the best motive of all, and it'd get her her bodies as fast as possible.

No, his motives were fucking stupid.

Why didn't he just take the video off the kid and broadcast himself rather than kill all his allies in a ridiculous gamble?

Know what? I like it, but the ending was absolute bullshit.

Scrap that, I've seen your arguments. Agreed

Well there wouldn't have exactly been a point to the FF if everybody got brainwashed into hope, so by villainous logic a way to still make them useful is to make them into an example to push Mitarai over the edge.

Don't get me wrong, Tengan's still a moron, but for different reasons. Like not moving Mitarai somewhere else when everybody else got moved underground, jeopardizing his plan for no reason.

Or she becomes suicidal. Actually that would have made a interesting case than the one we got.

hajime's english dub from dr2 was pretty good
they didn't get all of the returning cast for dr2

You're correct from a logical standpoint, but Junko doesn't really operate on logic. She wanted to toy with them as long as possible before taking them over, not to mention she was goading the FF into coming to save everyone. Kidnapping Chiaki, who's supposed to be a participant, would be cheating even by Junko's standards.

Something something belief in the next generation, passing the torch, etc.

It's a pretty okay show, with a pretty okay plot. Not fullproof, but enjoyable. Chances are that you'll be plenty entertained throughout the whole thing if you just look past Tengen's bullshit.

It's not 10/10 amazing, but it wasn't dogshit either. I enjoyed the time I spent watching it. In fact that only part I didn't really care for was the mastermind's motives/plan. I reconciled with the brainwash thing since it's (mostly,) fits with the info we got from the second game. Everything else was usually on point.

Then again I've been a hinafag since day 1, so feel free to discard my opinion.

But she cheated with real Chiaki! She didn't kill anyone, not even a blue, she just shuttled her off to an execution so she could corrupt Class 77 as soon as possible. Now, I get what you mean, Junko can do "whatever" and have it be in character so I suppose it's not that big of a plot hole. I'm just trying to argue that it would at least be just as in-character for her to do that as it would be to do the opposite so her not doing it just feels like an annoying whimsy to me rather than something compelling.

>Mad that Kyoko is alive

Yeah, pure class 77 fanservice. No change in them at all,don't care whether brainwashed or not. Killing millions of people will have a drastic affect on anyone. Cop out ending for class 77, supposed to struggle towards and create a future for themselves. Should have left it ambiguous or not having them pop up at all

Ibuki is the cutest

So who's supposed to be the 'Killer' in the KillerxVictim pairing with real Chiaki? Mikan, Chisa, or Junko herself? I think all of them are capable of getting shipped with her like that. I don't really count Izuru because he's basically just a useless prop at that point.

I don't think most people are mad that she's alive, they're mad about the horrible execution of the reveal and how it means Naegi went through the whole show with no lasting consequences.

Junko wasn't doing a killing game at the time of the brainwashing, she needed either Chisa or Chiaki to die in front of everyone to cement the despair from her video. She'd already brainwashed Chisa which left Chiaki as the only option, in all honesty she probably knew Chisa would be of more used to her as a despair than Chiaki as well.

>Cred Forums is having an actual discussion about the writing of an anime and how it affects the narratives of the games
>Cred Forums is just infinite shitposts

I'm going to miss these threads.

Here's what I don't understand.

Why didn't they just make five gorgeous, well-written episodes with Gonzo Studio, instead of 24 filler-packed mediocre episodes with Lerche Studio?

I mean, look at how beautiful this Danganronpa official art is. Then look at how beautiful Afro Samurai's anime art is. Gonzo Studio would have been the absolute perfect fit, and the higher cost would be offset by simply creating five episodes.

I'm just disappointed. Danganronpa 1 and 2 were exceptional in writing and artwork. Danganronpa 3 is mediocre in writing and artwork.

>Gonzo

>big guy

Tell me about Gozu, why does he wear the mask?

How do you intend to fit as much plot as a Danganronpa game into a 5 episode anime? We got 24 episodes and it still wasn't enough because Kodaka couldn't fit all the character arcs and plot so he ended up half assing both.

I guess you're right, but I'm not really sure that that's a good enough reason for Junko to never bother exploiting Chiaki's connection with the class in the NWP. Oh well, I wonder what execution Junko had prepared for Chisa (Assuming she really was able to construct a torture dungeon in less than a couple of hours at most). Did she have Izuru prepare it for her? Now there would be a twist, but it's not confirmed so it's only a theory.

Kodaka had about as much to do with writing the anime as he did with the Togami novels.

I don't think you can necessarily fault Hajime before being a Gary Stu when he's a living Gary Stu in that universe.
>gobbling deus ex machina

You know what I don't understand?
Why 16 people?
I think that they could have, and should have, trimmed the cast down appropriately. Let's say half, so eight well written characters. Make every death count instead of going for quantity over quality with numerous filler characters who existed just to die and eat up screentime. Don't waste time on the Seiko/Ruruka conflict just to provide a plot device for Kirigiri to live.

You're right but it's in part his fault. He did write the outline and rather than choosing what to cut himself he let a bunch of hacks bigger than him just chop away at his story without knowing what they're doing.

He also wrote Kibou-hen.

As far as we know the only thing he's credited for is "original creator". As in, he's the guy they go to to ask to do another project, he agreed on it, and that was that. And why should he care? It's just some spin-off media. He's busy with an actual game, and his concern is right where it should be: on that game, and not shitty outside media like the horrible Togami novels.

>How do you intend to fit as much plot as a Danganronpa game into a 5 episode anime?
Oh, I definitely didn't mean to imply that it's possible to make a movie as plot-dense as a game. But in 90 minutes you could definitely tell an amazing story set in Danganronpa's universe, especially considering how you could use characters the viewer is already familiar with. Honestly, the anime was packed with so much filler and such slow pacing that you could simply take the 12 Future Arc episodes, cut out the fluff, and make a 90 minute movie out of it. Even with the mediocre writing it'd still be a massive improvement due to the better pacing and art style.

Granted, I know Afro Samurai's artwork probably costed a metric shitton and might be out of the question for Danganronpa, but why couldn't they at least spend more effort/money on the artwork and just create less episodes? I'm just disappointed that the games were amazing in writing/art and the anime is full mediocrity in both those elements.

Considering it looks like the same hallways as the one where Izuru was kept I'm guessing the school made those tunnels, Junko just repurposed them. Either that or HPA used it as a survival of the fittest challenge in earlier years, which wouldn't surprise me considering how corrupt it was.

>Why 16 people?
>I think that they could have, and should have, trimmed the cast down appropriately.
This, thank you. You understood completely. The anime's fluff caused just flat out awful pacing. Even when things were actually happening, a lot of it amounted to nothing.

He was the one who made the decision to make DR3 an anime, he handed it off to Lerche and said go wild because he couldn't give less of a shit anymore and wants to reboot the series anyway.

Best girls

And there's nothing wrong with that. Because ultimately he'll be working on the thing that matters, while for merchandising purposes they can shit out anime, manga, and LNs to their heart's content.

I don't know why he did that. Imagine if the HPA saga ended at AE. Just have it be like that. I think it'd have been a lot better off that way.

I'M SO SALTY ABOUT MONACA

We get one shitty episode that puts you into PTSD about UDG then she literally farts in your face and fucks off to space

Also not nearly enough Monokuma in the anime

it's the same voice actor
Izuru has a deeper voice

>Hey guys, remember when I bashed Mahiru's head in with a bat then tried to pin the murder on me so that we would all die expect my master? haha I was such a good friend!

Probably because as a story DR2 ended the saga on a fine and hopeful note, with Junko defeated for good and the problems of HPA laid to rest by Hinata overcoming the Kamukura personality, while a hypothetical DR3 would exist purely for fanservice purposes.

Considering everyone there was some brand of genocidal monster I think it would be a bit hypocritical for them to hate her for it.

Even in DR2 Gundham doesn't have a interesting back story. If you talk to him he had a completely normal and happy life. Its implied he totally animes it up just because how boring and ordinary it is.

best part is that monokuma didn't accept that bullshit
so she would make it out alive since everyone would vote wrong

More like
>Hey guys, remember when I smash attacked that massive cunt Mahiru with a snicknasty bat, sending her on a home-run back to Tumblrville, and then I knew everyone would find out so I took the fall? Plus I let everyone see my wet bikini, win-win situation.
Yes, before you ask, I'm joking/delusional.

>Junko stroking an ahoge
LEWD

This almost makes me want to start up Tomodachi Life again.

>Can't look at this anymore without remembering how badly they fucked up the Naegi/Mukuro relationship

The what now?

individualism vs collectivism

Mukuro's affection for Naegi in DR 0 and if, before they changed her into a submissive siscon who calls him a loser.

Sounds like an improvement

I knew what you were talking about, I was just joking with you.

I wish it was bigger.

who the fuck are the following
>guy with manga that junko is touching
>guy to the right of junko who is falling or something
>kid eating the bag of doughnuts or whatever that is

Is Mukuro the worst girl or the worstest girl?

wait also who is the fat guy with black hair? thought it was ultimate imposter but he's on the left now that I look at the picture more

What I don't understand is, why didn't they just make Naegi the villian/mastermind of D3's game (and a participant at the same time), then use only previous characters, then at the end have it question whether it was real or a game or not (as to not kill off canon characters)?

I feel like that would have been a shitton better than the filler-packed mediocrity we got by Lerche half-assing the story. Nagito would be a massive fuckton better of a villian than Junko, especially since he could be killing "to inspire hope at the brink of despair" or some bullshit. He'd truly think he was doing the right thing. Not like the old fart who forced an anime kid to make a hopewashing anime for the fuck of it, which makes absolutely no sense.

Ok, so hypothetically;
>Naegi, Nagito and Celest decide to play Texas hold 'em
>Kyoko dies if Naegi looses
>Nagito is in full H O P E mode
>the pot is ten billion yen

Who wins?

Matsuda, some loser who could have done the world a favor by killing her but didn't and paid the price for it, DR0.

Santa, the botanist who died offscreen in DR1.

That's the SHSL Spy, he showed up in a cameo in Despair 6 or 7.

The dudes in suits are the Steering Committee. Aside from Santa all of this is in DR0.

>Naegi
I assume you meant Nagito there.
Mitarai was literally Diet Dr Hopper to Nagito's Dr Hopper anyway.

Nagito, or if he loses he gets something even better than 10 billion yen somehow.

Mukuro pre-DR3 was pretty good.

>Naegi
Fuck, I meant to say Nagito. Nagito would have been a godly villian in my opinion, especially considering he's been a massive red herring throughout all of the second game. That herring would finally come true.

How do you think real Chiaki's FTEs with her classmates went?

I wish I was under that table.

>Chiaki chooses to lead the way when going down the dark dungeon
What changes?

Jin loses instantly
Celeste, Nagito and Naegi go all in
Celeste loses while Nagito or Naegi get side pot or win.

>Episode:Hope was just Naegi's delusions as he was slipping away into Mitarai's brainwashing

Actually fuck it, Naegi really would have been a fuckload better of a villian than Junko. Junko's just an awful one-dimensional character, I'd much rather have seen Naegi go full nuclear from experiencing so much killing and despair that he hosts his own game to watch ten despair villians fight to the death.

you'd have to then explain how the prison school started if the world was all hope

Enemies of hope have to be contained

I'm not mad, I just think it was handled poorly and makes what was otherwise a surprisingly powerful scene in an otherwise terrible show into something vaguely comedic.

Well of course Jin looses instantly, he's not even part of the hypothetical.

>Naegi-kun, it appears my panties are wet.

I think the writers fucked themselves.

Since they introduced a brainwashing video made my Mitarai, that would instantly beg the question "What about a counter-brainwashing/hope video?" and they decided to include that instead of dodging it on twitter.

Naegi narrowly wins, or he loses but Kirigiri ends up living anyway.

Why "kill her off" in the first place? Just to force Naegi to 'man up'?

I honestly thought it was Nagito for awhile when he gave that speech about two hopes colliding in despair arc, it would have made more sense.

>tfw the actual despair brainwashing anime was actually Danganronpa 3 in itself, as everyone who watched it now possesses an immense disappointment at a beloved series stooping to such an awful low

People try to ensure that despair can never rise up again, which means making sure that another Junko never happens, which means corralling all the talented people and putting them in prison to kill each other.

It pushed him to the edge and wore him down, making him more relatable and human. He's not an invincible hope machine that keeps being inhumanly optimistic at all times, he's just a guy that failed to protect what he cared about most and has to deal with that while also being an icon to millions upon millions of people. Until she comes back just fine and everybody's happy.

Boring.

He was upset for like 3 minutes of screen time

He was crying for like 3 minutes. He was noticeably fucked up until the end of the show.

btw she died and I'm sad okay now let's get onto hope

Objectively not true.

back up your claim

Objectively true.

Even Ryota was surprised at how quickly Naegi recovered.

He nearly slapped Ryota's shit for suggesting that he wasn't upset. Naegi had shit to do, he was bottling it up for later. I think you might be suffering from autism if you couldn't read that scene.

I just remembered how angry I am about Monaca.
This anime was a mistake

I still remember real Chiaki's execution and death speech when I look at either her or AI Chiaki.
This anime was a total mistake.

That was translated wrong. She does call him a loser but she does show hesitation when asking whether they should kill him or not.

Sure doesn't sound like it from the voice acting.

She says the first syllable of the first word twice, that's the hesitation. I think it was "ko-ko rest of the sentence"

I think anything would've been better than what we got there. Question is, assuming she didn't take a knife to her chest immediately to atone, how would non-brainwashed but remembering Mikan act around Chiaki?

Can confirm, she did stutter.
こ-殺すなの?
Funi subs confirmed it.

>Man the power of despair must really be something.
>Nevermind they were just brainwashed by an anime.

Was anyone else suddenly excited when Togami showed the RoD video?

Because that would have been a great twist. Naegi's plan going to shit and plunging the world into an even greater despair. Also Tengan was absolute hot garbage of a villain so I was hoping for ANYONE else to be the villain. Too bad.

How would have you opinion of DR3 changed if the Remnants were the true masterminds?

>tfw Cred Forums will die before Cred Forums can spoil you on V3

don't forget

brainwashing AND memes

Yeah but then I'll just get spoiled from the thumbnail of ALL DANGANRONPA V3 EXECUTIONS AND DEATHS on youtube like 5 months before localization.

>Was just about to start playing DR2 several years back
>Because a friend linked me a DR1 video, my recommended videos were all DR-related
>'DANGANRONPA 2 - ALL EXECUTIONS' with Chiaki's face as the thumbnail

I still have Youtube's recommended videos tab in my adblock filter.

How much did Kodaka rip off from other series? Metal Gear, Zero Escape, Umineko, I'm sure there's more.

You mean to tell me Johnny Young somehow managed to make his voice not sound like Johnny Young?

Pretty stupid, considering it was the last episode and ending the series with class 77 still being brainwashed would be a bad ending.

>I still have Youtube's recommended videos tab in my adblock filter.
How do you do that?

>she controlled their despair by taking advantage of their love, hate, grudges, anything really.

so this really confirms that DR3 despair arc has nothing to do with the real Junko story in DR2 and DR1 right?

I mean, having them watch a video about chiaki dying does not mean all that

The official apologist response is that Junko was lying to make herself look cooler. After all the writers would never contradict themselves.

>wow Munakata is such a shitter
>ends up being the only decent character
what a tweest

from what I remember, Junko does a pretty good job of manipulating people in the final trials of DR1 and DR2, she actually gives good arguments and tries to trap people with logic to accept her opinions

>DR3
>I made a video lol

The entire plot of DR2 is based on Harvester

>You wake up in an unfamiliar place as an amnesiac, surrounded by unfamiliar characters
>Your only grip on reality are the other amnesiacs who are with you in this messed up reality
>Throughout the game, fantastic and increasingly improbable things happen which couldn't possibly happen in reality
>The climax of the game reveals that you were in a simulation all along, which was created to undo the brainwashing which Junko/society instilled within you
>You are presented with the choice to either leave the simulation, forever changed as a result, or stay in the simulation forever and live in peace as you are

>who is Juzo

There's also the loophole that the brainwashing does take advantage of those things. We saw it when Naegi was brainwashed into committing suicide. It wasould have been better had Junko done it personally though.

gayfag responsible for everything

Mitarai is only into 2D though

the text reads

>one by one

this indicates that she actually took the time to go over each one of them and fuck up their lives by using love hate grudges or anything

but yeah, I get it, you can't have an anime show that in 12 episodes, lets go with the brainwash video

fucking hacks

>forgetting Seiko

Doesnt this shot actually show nipples or was that just a nude edit

actual nipples, covered by a fog filter in-game

The brainwashing's still bullshit but if they were going to go with it anyway we should have gotten a montage of dream sequences like Makoto's.

shows

__ _____ ______ ___ ___ ____ ________ _______ ___ ___ ____

>there are people who think that Juzo telling the truth to Munakata would have prevented Junko to destroy the world

Aren't we a better source of income for spike than nipland? Why do we not have the game simultaneously being localized?

Oh my god.

JUZOBOYS
U
Z
O
B
O
Y
S

_____

Japanese companies don't care about gaijin.

licencing issues, and I guess dubbing the game again takes time

>Juzo explains shit to Munakata
>DR3 never happens
Juzo is a fucking fag.

They could've. Introduce Junko in EP2 and create plots which cover multiple characters in each episode. Every character (except for Teruteru I guess) has a close relation to other characters, so each episode could've been a self-contained plot showing the downfall of those characters.

>Akane/Nekomaru
>Sonia/Kazuichi/Gundam
>Fuyuhiko/Peko/Mahiru
>Mikan/Hiyoko
>Ibuki/Impostor
>Nagito gets his own episode because dude hope
>Chiaki doesn't exist IRL and is just a persona created by Chihiro as hinted by DR2

Sonia had the lamest ability. She didn't even do anything the final episode.

>tfw no new episode today
or ever

She motivated Kamikaze Pepsi

She provided moral support to her prince. Same as Fuyuhiko.

Knowing that Junko is a despair and being able to stop her are two different things
Also there was Chisa

>He doesn't know about Nagito's Wild Ride

I thought Sonia in the final episode was really good because she didn't do anything. She just smiled sadly. Good example of showing and not telling. She must have done some horrendous shit to her country. Let's not forget she gave her parents to Junko.

It was bearable mainly because of the shitposting on Cred Forums after every episode.

>Juzo explains shit to Munakata
>he manages to restrain/save Chisa
B-but muh Junko!
Juzo did everything wrong.

All Chisa had to do was pick up the damn phone.

All Juzo had to do was open his damn mouth.

You hate fags, we get it

I hate dumb fags, yes.

>Junko wasnt responsible, it was [character she used]!

isnt both DR games about how Junko is responsible for literally everything?

Junko had no hand in Izuru's creation.

I still can't fucking believe that Mahiru's friend was murdered by her classmate and Fuyuhiko's sister was killed by Mahiru's best friend.
And they just, brush it off. Hell they don't even brush it off they don't even acknowledge that it even happened. There was virtually no point in it ever being in the anime at all.

What a fuck up of a show.

It doesn't really hold water when someone she used had every chance of telling everyone she was a lunatic but chose not to.

Izuru literally did nothing though
he isnt even to blame for DR2 anymore since everyone woke up

He didn't save Chiaki. That's kind of bad.
Though I don't blame him for it since he had no reason to care about her, I blame HPA for lobotomizing him in the first place.

s-sleep tight chiakers

>No one from the games actually died
>It was brainwashing all along
>Naegi reopens Hopes Peak

Was anyone else disappointed in the anine as much as I was?

They were sad for at least a month or so, that's why Nagito had to bomb the gym for them in the first place. Chisa told them to get over it and put on a brave face because their demented friend did something nice for them.

>No one from the games actually died
except most of the DR1 cast

No one from DR2 died execept Chiaki*

Saiyan Hinata already vowed to help those in the coma after he woke up. Seeing how he has the Ultimate Neurologist in him it's possible

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. All Danganronpa endings are terrible. But the cases/characters were what I enjoyed the most out of the series.

>Kills a student
>Kills her own classmate
>Frames her own classmate
>Tries to get everyone in her class except Fuyuhiko killed
>Does this all without being brainwashed
>YACHT PARTYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Peko Pekoyama is the poster girl for "Got away with everything"

But the journey sucked too this time, it was full of plot holes and fodder characters.

Except Kirigiri.
Fuck.

The journey wasn't the plot, it was the memes.

every danganronpa has fodder characters though

I can guess how some of them ended.
>Fuyuhiko had her become his sister, like Hajime became his brother
>Sonia asked Chiaki to 'move to Novoselic' with her when they graduated even if she wasn't an exact fit for the hero of the legends

The anime also had an awful journey and ruined the endings of the previous 2 games. It really shouldn't have existed.

>"Hey Kyoko, shouldn't we go into the escape door?"
>"No"
>"Why not?"
>"Because"

This is such fucking garbage

It made me drop DR for good.

The only ones I can think of were Yuta and Chihiro's dad.

maybe because she figured out that it wasn't actually an exit

Even trade I suppose.

She knew it lead no where and that Juzo would go back to raping their shit once he found that out.

Post Memekatas

So?
It still leads somewhere
Shouldn't a detective be INVESTIGATING EVERY ROOM!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

>in the first couple of despair arc episodes people were certain Chiaki's death would be what sends the 77th class into despair
>now people are upset because that exact thing happened but with some added instagram filters
y'all a bunch of niggers

>Leon
>Mondo
>Teruteru
>Ibuki

say one thing these characters contributed to the overall story

She didn't want to get killed by Juzo, so she ran away from him. It's not complicated.

DR memes will never top ZE memes

read
>Juzo would go back to raping their shit once he found that out.

There was a homicidal candy girl and a gay boxer blocking their way

Do you know what a class trial is?

Three were murderers and one was a victim, you kinda need those for murder mysteries.

A place for Kodaka to kill off his least favorite characters

For me the biggest issue is that Juzo thought that the monitors were being used to broadcast the game to the world.

So why didn't he turn em off?

Was it stated the monitors were cameras? Why would he come to the conclusion they were anything but monitors?

He thought the monitors were cameras

Why though? I don't know where you're getting this from.

Who moved the bodies?
Why did the person moving the bodies not notice that Miaya was a robot?
Why is nobody phased by the fact that Miaya was a robot?
WHY DID MIAYA HAVE A PDA WITH EVERYONE'S NGA CODE ON IT!?

someone explain to me how the bracelets worked

Where?

Zetsubo Arc went to shit pretty fast

Mirai/Kibou was okay

>who moved the bodies?
the bodies did

>why did the person not notice?
too busy killing themselves

>why is nobody phased by Miaya?
too busy killing each other

>why did Miaya have a pda?
checked everyone's codes while they were asleep

Congratulations you've discovered the fucking event horizon of plot holes that is Miayabot/Monaka.

what plotholes?

It was shown in DR3 that she bombed the shit out of other cities with her country's arsenal

>the bodies did
You're telling me everyone got up and just strolled on over to the underwater FF building?

Fucking AI magic and shit writing.

>the two first episodes of zetsubou which were 100% SoL were the best ones
They should have gone full fanservice

These plot holes Not to mention the fact that her stated NG code was bullshit.

Tengan
Because he didn't give a fuck
Because they didn't give a fuck
Because Tengan worked with Monaka or she got the information by hacking him or some other asspull

We don't even know if that was it, they could have been sad about the dog for all we knew

oh, that
I cant actually come up with a reasonable answer other than "Tengan did something"

as for why he wouldnt care about Monaca, its more like that revealing her after the game had started would make people suspicious

Meant for

Someone MUST'VE been controller the bracelets from the inside or something.

Seriously, there is a huge gap inbetween VR technology and a bracelet that can tell when someone is stepping in your shadow.

AI Chiakers =/= anime original chiaki

>Not to mention the fact that her stated NG code was bullshit.
she never showed anyone her NG code and was a robot anyway, I dont know why people care about that so much

It was magic all along, who knew?

It still should have made the jingle whenever she turned right even if the poison didn't matter.

BUT WHO WAS HELICOPTER?

We even know that she's supposed to be capable of that, considering Monaka was able to do it in AE.

Maybe Tengan had a bunch of brainwashed FF grunts working with him.

thats the most likely answer but the fact theyre never brought up is weird

they probably got brainwashed along with the rest of the world at the end and just decided to keep quiet after everything was over

>Tengan
But how?
Monoca clearly states that she does not know who the mastermind is. If it was Tengan she would've seen him moving the bodies around.

Plus if Tengan moved her around and noticed she was a robot, why even give her a bracelet?

Seriously, this child who could completely oust his plan is completely overlooked.

So is there going to be another game soon or what?
I could give less a shit about the anime. I just want another Danganronpa game.

Where the actual fuck have you been?

its getting released in Japan in January or something

localization will take half a year and by then you'll already know every murder, culprit, and mastermind

It's releasing mid-January in Japan.

Make sure to go on sabbatical for 6 months immediately before then.