youtube.com/watch?v=D1SaC1b9hFQ
youtu.be/dGU1d-cmtuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6n7nJPTfZt0
youtu.be/6POEpIe2IkE
youtu.be/qowdUKgDjKU
youtu.be/AGrIR_jlLno
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good

Im so bad at fighting games, that if i was a fighting game i would be skullgirls.

Yeah, that bad.

I'm daigo

>playing jojo on fightcade
>someone challenges me
>they pick kakyoin
>they sit in corner just spamming emerald splash

why is this allowed?

above average but not a pro

Bad. I can hold my own pretty successfully against casual players but that's my limit. I have the decency to stay offline though and just enjoy the SP content, losing fight after fight online just isn't fun.

Filtered.
No (you) for you.

im ok

Good enough to beat killers and recognizable names

Just not with enough time or determination to put in the time to do so consistently

No amount of skill or intelligence can consistently overcome the advantage that comes with learning tight-window OS'

make the mika fMP OS window wider, capcom, I want to play again

bad goddammit

Fighting games are dead, or really fighting have become too technical to the point where joe gamer doesn't want to put the time and effort to learn.

Party multi, control simplicity, and loads of single-player content makes me think that Smash is probably the natural evolution of the genre. However i'm no fan of the community that surrounds those games

We honestly shouldn't expect fighters to ever again reach SF4's highs ever again; lightning-in-a-bottle blah blah blah. Of course i'll be proven entirely wrong once that LoL fighter drops.

>have become too technical to the point where joe gamer doesn't want to put the time and effort to learn.
This is absolutely true for animu fighters

Western fighters have tried to simplify but it's nearly impossible to prevent powerful option selects and things with tight windows from existing

Probably the closest thing to a fighting game with a low enough skill ceiling that any shmo can be top tier with good reads and basic skill is something like J-Stars Victory Vs.

Will the LoL fighter be a traditional fighter or is it going to be some over-casualized Pokken style game?

Pretty good, I've won a tournament once.
About 7/10, I'd say.

I've also commentated for online tournaments on a few occasions.

I dunno either but it's incredibly gay.

I think i'm generally good at most but I can never excel at one fighting game.

Better than Daigo, but that's not saying much.

I'm better than Joe Average, but I have a shit ton of bad habits and I go into autopilot too often.

>Probably the closest thing to a fighting game with a low enough skill ceiling that any shmo can be top tier with good reads and basic skill is something like J-Stars Victory Vs.
Full arena fighters should be something that the west has to look into, specially before Bamco comes in with Gundam Versus.

They bought the studio that was making Rising Thunder, so it's assumed that it's going to be something like that.

I'm shit but I want to become better.

I pick a mix up heavy characters and beat shitters and lose to anyone with a brain most of the time

Not very good

I could win EVO, but my character is holding me back.

>Full arena fighters
shit would be an even bigger mess

Pretty scrubby. Mostly play SFIV. I can do the moves consistantly but my timing is bad. I've won more SFIV matches than I lost somehow though.

Terrrible, I've played a shit ton of BlazBlue but I've never really gotten good at it. I'm ok with Adachi in P4AU but I bet I'd get my ass kicked online.

I've just never been able to "get" it, like the combo timings and frames and shit

Same. It's pretty much why I've completely given up on them and only keep up as a spectator.

Not at all. I can pull of special moves no problem but cannot combo to save my life. Instead, I learn to have a good defense but it's pointless if I'm caught and the other guy just beats me into paste.

I don't main any characters either, so I can pretty much play any character save for a select few. Some I just choose not to play like I never play Ryu, Ken, Akuma, or any other characters with bad reputations. Though, I don't pay attention to that stuff, I just pick the character I see less of most of the time.

practice makes perfect

>Some I just choose not to play like I never play Ryu, Ken, Akuma, or any other characters with bad reputations
That's honestly dumb, specially if you don't play at any level other than casual.

i've won locals and placed top 3 in regionals in MvC3

Not bad, too offensive wich makes me a good player to fight with but made me lost countless easy matchs. to lazy to become toptier.

Managed to be semi-decent at Guilty Gear during Reload days, made it to top 12 on the biggest Moscow tourney. Stopped playing seriously because I don't have passion for anything anymore and fighting games take a lot of practice and passion.

source?

I'm pretty fucking terrible. I just can't seem to get the hang of 3S. It's a fun game, but I suck at it. I've never been good at fighting games, but at least with games like GG, BB and Skullgirls I can input shit. 3S is either really strict with timing, or Fightcade has some odd delay going on.

サイバーコネクトツー制作作品【スタジオカラーVSサイバーコネクトツー ガチンコ!アニメーション対決!】

Better than your average Cred Forums goer but still pretty bad.

Viewership at tournaments is solid.

Viewership on a daily basis is bad.

That tells us three things:

>Watching other players play fighting games online is not that entertaining especially without a personality.

>Not enough top players streaming themselves online.

>Single player/offline play is boring to watch in a fighting game. No one wants to watch Justin practice a single combo for an hour, that's an excellent way to put the stream to sleep. Survival mode is probably even worse but you may have the occasional salty moment over it.

These are tough issues to fix.

I can throw a sonic boom with Guile while walking forward, that's how good

thank you user

im so bad at 2d fighters im going to resort to being a smashfag

i suck at combos, links and resets

so i only excel at a few games that are mostly dead.

tfw SvC chaos is all but done

Something like a slower paced, more grounded EXVS (like the older games) with some "MOBA" flavoring (really, just visual stuff) would be a pretty good hit. EXVS has a simple enough skill floor, it's the ceiling that's a bitch to reach.

>or really fighting have become too technical to the point where joe gamer doesn't want to put the time and effort to learn.
Fighting games have never been this lenient. You can button mash in almost all games and combos will come out. Fuck you for urging its death.

It's funny when you realize that Smash is actually very "anti mash" because of it's controls.

fuck
anime is so gay

I'm still bad but I'm in the process of gitting gud. I'm ranked silver on SFV and I need to keep playing matches in lobbies to improve. I'm waiting for my fightpad to arrive so I can go to my locals and get destroyed.

hi /fgg/

Terrible.

I got Guilty Gear Xrd, but couldn't convince my friends to get it on PS4 (or later PC). So just doing online and training grind, I loved it at first. Things were fun even though I did nothing but lose, and that was enough motivation to also put in time disciplining my stupid fingers to not drop everything. But I never took a single win, After about 300 games the excitement faded, and I caught myself zoning out while trying to block.

SFV is supposed to be more accessible with more (than zero) beginners in the community, but it's also not very appealing in the first place.

This is exactly the spot I'm in. I want to play Xrd but online is brutal. Try to look for scrubs on the Steam forums. It's always better to have someone to play with.

Xrd GG is so gay. I miss when GG was raw and metal as fuck. I don't give a fuck about BB, but I hate how much it influences GG now.

I got it on PS4.

Still a great game.

Lol'd

Cute, but wtf is that. It would be extremly dense if that were a fighting game

Then I'm MK vs DC.

above avarage, could be a pro if i want to, but i dont want to practice 10 hours at day when there are so many other videogames.

Doesn't help that the community are assholes too, it's like actual sports, but with the git gud meme
They're shooting themselves in the foot, but the foot is already dying of frostbite

>Doesn't help that the community are assholes too
It's like you never played any multiplayer games. FGC usually are comfy as fuck.

That's only with anime games, really. KoF, SF, KI, even Smash are a lot more welcoming to newcomers.

High tier in SFV
Low Mid in GG
Mid in Uniel

most fg communities are pretty chill user

>Doesn't help that the community are assholes too
nigga, if there is a community that is always open to teach new people how to play, is the fgc.

The BlazBlue community has been very kind and helpful actually.

Should fighting games be killed off like RTS? It's clear that no one really gives a fuck about them aside from the hardcore autists.

skullgirls is good though
youtube.com/watch?v=krbFgDzlx44

Not as long as people are buying them. You don't deserve a (You).

I tried user, I really tried. Spent almost two hours trying to optimise Xrd but it just would run smoothly at an acceptable resolution on my shit-top.
Even SFV runs well without all-low settings. Xrd just looks too good, so I can't run it.

Don't blame the genre that you're a useless shitter. Stick to your AAA movie games.

I'm hispanic so I used to play KOF almost every fucking day with friends and cousins and I was pretty good to be honest, won a couple of local tourneys.
It has been a while since I played and I don't remember shit now tho

better than Cred Forums

skullgirls is great user

Is KoF14 popular there? Mexicans play on PC or console?

Good but I'm inconsistent as fuck and can get flustered which destroys me. I also spread myself thin over multiple titles.

Going to a 3S tourney soon but I fully expect to get demolished. Just hope to meet some cool people to play more fightan with.

>Not as long as people are buying them.
Which they aren't. Look up the last couple of releases in Japan. Shit is a wasteland, and I doubt it's any better in the west. The "SF4" boom effect died out years ago, and it's never going to get any better.

The worst kind of terrible. I got sfv and a stick thinking i'd give it a go and just gave up within a month. My only victories in that time were against equally bad or worse shitters who had never played sf before. I don't have the patience or self-esteem to take getting bodied over and over as a learning experience rather than an indictment of my general uselessness.

3S people are generally riendly. They're probably happy to see some new faces. Considering how goddamn dedicated they can be and how long the game has been out, yeah, you'll get destroyed. The only people who really stuck around got really good, so try not to feel bad when losing.
Still, I've found that they're very helpful, so don't be afraid to ask for tips.

I can beat all my 'friends' pretty easily but thats about it.

I think it is yes, but most people prefer 2002 or 98' as they can run in any toaster.
Mostly PS4.

I don't understand how people are so shit at fighting games. Most are actually retarded, even as a fucking 9 year old I could figure out what was obviously effective in hyper fighting and could learn how to do special moves.

Above average on a good day in 3rd Strike.

I can dominate and beat up most other players very hard with most characters simply using the fundamentals and even decent players will have a hard time against my unblockables and charge partitioning skills with Urien, but i consider myself slightly above average because an actually competent player who knows fundamentals and is also capable of seeing through my patterns and pressure me will always defeat me.

One of the best players i've ever played, who can very easily defeat me with almost every character and is extremely skilled, told me my biggest flaw is that i play on "auto pilot", i always go for the same strategies and have very solid patterns, which makes me too predictable and limited, in the eyes of a skilled player, of course.

Don't mingle that OC requestfag with us at /fgg/

We know we're shit and have stupid idiots but we aren't THAT kind of shit

Because they're one on one, and mostly skill based.

I'm past beginner but I'm not advanced.

The only way fighting games will be popular with the masses is if someone manages to take Smash's gameplay and apply it to a more traditional space.

Or, just make a new Clash of Ninja game with a new IP.

tfw to intelligent for fighting games

but people are retarded. I had one friend that intuitively thought mashing standing jab had to be the best normal because it's effective in boxing and shit. Even when it didn't work he kept trying it.

good enough to the point that I can go on auto-pilot instead of thinking all the time. That's mostly in JoJo though.
Learn to roll

tfw too intelligent fpr this bait

even if they have a lovable personality, I don't want to watch top players play online, because online fighting games are a fucking joke

I think that's more because there's little to no "drama" or "storylines" that follow the games, thus viewer engagement is low.

who /bones/ here?

terrible

i stomp at every other genre i play without even trying pretty consistently but i just cant get fighters.

they feel off. holding back, a move button, to stand still and blocking doesnt feel right

doing back>down>forward>up to do a 360 is something i would never think of doing it makes no goddamn sense the game says do 360 then you dont even have to

i dont get the logic in deciding what can and cant chain together and its hard to tell when im just pressing buttons too fast, too slow or the moves just dont work together

theyre one of my fav genres and ive been getting rekt for many years, practicing, reading guides, everything i can do and i still just dont get them. everything about them feels off to me

Sf2 and killer instinct snes tier

>holding back, a move button, to stand still and blocking doesnt feel right
Games that have blocking bound to back actually use that mechanic for a reason. There is something called a crossup, which is an attack that go above and behind the player, testing their reflexes to switch blocking directions. They're a big part of 2D fighters.
As for your other points, I don't really know. You'll get used to it, I guess.

Decent. I've practiced my fundamentals a lot, but the only game I've put enough time into to say I'm remotely good at is Tekken.

Well, Tekken and Bloody Roar, but nobody plays BR anymore.

I'm ranked 4th in my state for Smash WiiU and took 2 stocks off Dabuz while only playing the game on the weekends.

but
>Smash
>Fighting game.

Sorry dude, gotta unload the toad

Bones are bros, though

Na, the best way to make it popular with the masses is to somehow twist the competitive aspect into a cooperative aspect and remove losing from fighting games completely.

ive been playing fighters for over 15 years. v other people or in training mode mostly. i never got used to it.

it wasnt until after 10 years i knew about the shortcut to doing a 360 because someone told me.

the only fighter i ever was good at was soul calibur where id go into my chars moveset, pick every move, watch it, do it myself a few times and move on so i knew exactly what i could and couldnt do and that i could do it. but 2d fighters dont have that they only cover special moves nothing that says ''you cant do lp twice in a row'' or ''you can but your doing it wrong''
also because it has an actual block button
i was really good at the parry mechanic somehow even though it involved pressing a direction

i dont really get why my mind is so blocked with 2d fighers but it is. i barely even think about meter management because im too busy trying to wrap my mind around it being a 2d fighter

Who is that cute girl and why do I have the intense urge to impregnate the fuck out of her?

>Falling for succubus charms.

Just make 2 on 2 mandatory. That's how EXVS works, and what Dissidia is doing (badly, but who cares).

CyberConnect has some wonderful animators, they just need to get someone else to help them actually design balanced and non-shallow fightan mechanics.

why are online beloved by millions then? why is nobody complaining about the input lag due to online and shitty netcode in DOTA or Overwatch? Why do they just suck it up and accept it?

Anyone on Fightcade?

Shame they fucked up with ASB and never bothered to fix it in a sequel.

Because in DOTA and Overwatch, your team's effort is a lot more important than fast, precise inputs like in fighting games. Not saying it's not important, but a laggy fighting game is pretty much unplayable, whereas you can still achieve victory through strategy and teamwork in games like DOTA and Overwatch.

>could be a pro if i want to

sure thing user...

nanako from violated heroine

exvs is never going to take off here
don't know why bamco is even trying

I am good in the mental aspects I think (matchup knowledge, knowing setups, smart meter usage, etc) but I tend to succumb to pressure easily which causes my execution to get sloppy and me to get downloaded by my opponent. I guess I would say I'm a slightly below average player

How come come there aren't any more full 3D arena fighters? I think that it's a really untapped market, specially in the west. You have the big one, Gundam Versus, the OG Virtual On (btw, new game when? or at least put Temjin/Apharmd/Raiden/Fei Yen in Versus or something), then other stuff like Pokken, Dissida, School of Ragnarok, even Anarchy Reigns to a degree.

You'd think with such a recent big focus on crossing Mobas with 3D genres, someone would come in and put out a sort of "MOBA Fighter" or whatever they'd call it and capitalize on the lack of a western presence of the concept. And hell, there's even a team element in most of these games anyways, plus some of the aforementioned games already have cooldowns on special attacks.

>tfw there will never be a remake or mod for DBZ Budokai 3 that turns it into a really competitive and balanced game

Can't really be done. Cast is too normalized across the board and their differences are mostly on their specials. Extreme Butoden could've been a fun little casual fighter is ASW had put in just a bit more effort than none at all.

I'm bad, so bad at fighting games. I'm probably in the bottom %10 when it comes to fighting games, though I feel you have to be truly autistic to go pro at fighting games, or even be considered "good".

Then again I always felt like fighting games appeal to a certain group of people, not necessarily autistic people but people who just enjoy memorizing combos and learning to play a character to beat someone else. I guess that just doesn't appeal to me, I'm more into single player games and RPG stuff. I use to have a lot of friends who were hardcore into fighting games, couple of them even bought fightsticks and played nothing but Street Fighter, Blazblue, Persona fight game, Skullgirls, etc.

I tried to get into it but I just couldn't, I wasn't good at memorizing the combos, let alone performing the combos in battle. Sometimes they got mad at me for spamming, which I understand because it is frustrating but at the same time I really couldn't string together combos. Maybe if I played it everyday and just practiced I might get decent at it, but I don't have the patience to mess with that.

I know, I just love that game and its mechanics so much, I would really love to see a serious fighting game done in that style with competitive play in mind.

>player's choice version case

I would play MOBAs if they didn't control like a shitty Starcraft, but instead I had full command over my character with a deep moveset.

also remove gold and items and shit, "optimal builds" are for minmax faggots, I just wanna pick a character and then have to play him well. remove leveling too, it's stupid how you can lose the entire game because you lost the first scuffle and are now gonna be behind on exp for the entire game, and literally unable to win against higher-leveled opponents, despite playing your best.

actually you know what, just give me multiplayer-versus Dynasty Warriors. 5 players on each side, running around and cleaning house and taking bases and shit.

I am terrible at fightan but I love to watch tournaments and shows and shit related to the FGC. Stuff like Excellent Adventures, I just find it really fun to watch and it seems like fightan players have a lot more fun and are a lot more chill than people in other esports

Think about it this way.

Doesn't matter how good you are at doing a billion hit combo in training mode of you can't even hit that first one.

nice

Alright, niggas. Time to hit me up with some fighting game YT channels. Preferably stuff that are dedicated to helping players get better, be it through gameplay tips or match analysis, but entertainment is also alright. Already have:
CPS_IV
TheShend
Nica KO
Bafael
CrossCounterTV
Jyosua
LordKnight
Maximilian Dood

MOBAs are popular because of the massive amount of options you have on pretty much everything. Taking that away would just drive people away from them.

It sounds to me like what you want is Guilty Gear Overture.

>Guilty Gear Overture
I keep forgetting that this was a thing.

>no ATP

>max
sorry, I don't watch racist cis white males.

Considering 82% of the people playing SFV online are Bronze or lower, i'm above average but extremely bad compared to those higher than me

CHINGER
CHANGER

I'll keep saying forever, but I think that GG x BB will be a sequel to Overture in gameplay. I mean, it makes sense. Arcade MOBAs are big in Japan, both franchises are going to hit a "break" close to each other, and they can try and be the first "big" console MOBA in Japan.

Memorizing combos is mostly pointless. You need to understand a character's combo theory and make combos up on the fly with it.

if they got mad at you for spamming then you were better than them that day and they were being shitter cunts.

if they can't adapt to shallow 1 dimensional spam then don't fucking play fighting games. HADOUKEN HADOUKEN HADOUKEN is literally the oldest trick in the book lmao

do what works and revel in the salt, man. there's all kinds of different players and characters, you might just be really fucking lame. own it, love it, and make some fags rage quit like nintendude.

if that's what you're good at, pursue it. trying to play like a player you aren't is bad for your morale.

A few extra frames of lag entirely changes how a fighting game is played.

Depends on the serie. I'm great at street fighters but suck at King of fighters.

It's much more important to fighting games because individual frames are very significant to even basic gameplay while they are very minor in those genres. Pressing R in dota 4 frames late because you're online is inconsequential, pressing a normal 4 frames late in a fighting game will cause your combo to fail as you had a 2 frame window to enter the command, your whiff punish to fail, your anti-air to be too late and many other things.

i'm one of the ones who never cared much for any kind of online game unless it's the only way to play it, and it took me literally like 4-5 years to get used to playing with ping, especially in fighting games and shooters.

lag is no big deal in dota up to a point (any higher than 100 starts to become cancer really fucking quick) because it's all about predictive skill and reading situations.

lan/offline ftw though

Me too, I play Chun

I like May.

Fighting games are dead because the way they are marketed. most adds are online and most of them have hardcore players in mind. A casual wouldnt want to buy a game that seems designed for pros. SF2 was just a game for fun at release. SFIV was everywhere when it came to marketig.

Core-A Gaming is also pretty good.

>if there is a community that is always open to teach new people how to play, is the fgc

Holy shit kek. There is no more community more closed minded and restrictive. The FGC only cares about other people who want spend hundreds of hours to take the game to tournament level play and couldn't give a fuck outside of that. It's only "open to teach new people how to play" comparatively because its the only genre when you really need to sit down with other experienced people to properly understand shit on a basic level.

both games will never get a proper sequel.

I'm pretty bad but I try very hard.
Luckily i have two good friends that are good at fighting games and will beat the shit out me until i learn.
We played UNIEL for a year solid
I miss those guys

have you ever talked to someone who plays fighting games? I mean in real life?

I don't really understand how that conflicts with that point at all.

As you say, playing fighting games at all is pretty much the same as playing them competitively. Just like modern arena FPS and RTS and other competitive genres.

And as you say, if you go to an offline community and say 'I would like to learn but don't know where to start' players will generally help you provided you don't act like an autist and get super salty when you lose while learning.

That seems like a community that is open to teach people how to play. If you're going to a community dedicated to a genre, they are going to take it seriously and going to assume you want to as well by merit of being there. I think that's quite reasonable.

I shuffle between ultra bronze and silver in sfv so bad

there a lobby open yet? i main anji mito

I'm pretty good at DOA

SF2 is not a proper sequel to SF1
Neither is Alpha to 2, or 3 to Alpha.

absolute fucking garbage

alpha is a proper sequel to SF2,SF4 is a reboot and SFV is a sequel to the whole franchise. Who the hell want a real sequel to SF1?

Absolutely horrid, been trying on and off for 2+ years now but I just can't seem to get it. I'm better then most of the people in my discord but the ones who know how to play shred me 100% of the time.

Leave fighting games to me.

how do you feel about the f.miyako-c.roa matchup
:^)))))))))))))

I'm good at KOF 98

>f.miyako
tfw newbies play c.Miyako mash buttons and generally beat anyone kinda new and tryharding

I've always been curious about MB, but holy shit is it the most anime game to ever anime. I honestly just prefer to stay at the infinitely more simple EFZ.

How hard am I fucking myself if I want to get into fighting games but don't have a stick/controller? I.e. keyboard + mouse only

I just want to have single player fun
I occasionally play Marvel vs Capcom on MAME. Finished it a few times. Ryu/Chun-Li are usually my mains. Cap Commando and Cap America sometimes.

I can do some easy combos, but struggle trying the more difficult ones (playing Spider-Man for example). Also can't do Chun-Li lightning kick (repeat MK) on keyboard unless I pick easy mode

Wanted to try SFV (or the older ones).

TL;DR keyboard + mouse + fighting games. Yes or no. Single player only

But EFZ is a million times more anime looking

unless you mean gameplay, in which case I'd say arcana heart is even more anime than melty blood

chuuni > moe in the animeness scale. and yeah arcana is more anime, but mb is still really out there.

In single player it doesn't even matter but if your keyboard is not bad you could use it just as well as a pad or stick

youtube.com/watch?v=D1SaC1b9hFQ

There's people who play keyboard and they do great.

Keyboard is fine. It's pretty much like using a hitbox. If you can get comfortable with it, there's no reason not to use it, since it's cheap and simple. I did it for a while, but never got very good with it.
Honestly, just use whatever you feel is comfortable and ignore anyone who says you should learn how to play with a specific controller. It's just personal preference. When people buy an arcade stick, they usually spend more time playing and thus get better naturally. It's not the actual stick that makes them good.
I'm curious about your key config, but here's how a hitbox works and when I used a keyboard I had it set up similarly.
youtu.be/dGU1d-cmtuQ

which discord are you in?
i've only seen lbs play c.miyako

This is super enlightening

Time to lab

I Generally play H Banana and H Red Arc, miyako if just for dicking around.

I don't play in a discord, mostly just played with locals back when we had a small FGC in the local area

Will there ever be a good smash clone?

does anyone actually take their keyboard to locals?
I've been looking to do it but shit like the xim4 is way too expensive and I'm not sure how well that or the chronus work, or if there are alternatives

christ, all your characters suck
h-warc is cool at least

The closest you can get without being a fangame is Rivals of Aether

I used to be good but I'm getting old now. They make my hands hurt.

lobby's up ;)

I use to be good at MK played a little street fighter/ clay fighter on snes growing up. honestly thinking about playing them more debating if I want to get an arcade stick to use for fighting games/arcade games

DID SOMEBODY SAY SPAM X AND FINGER THE ANALOG STICK UNTIL IT SNAPS?

Fighting games today just severely lack depth/creativity

I have like 90 hours at kof 98 on steam and like 85 of them are me struggling in training mode.

fuck yeah dude

>Watching other players play fighting games online is not that entertaining especially without a personality.

This is true for every game, and I would argue that fighting games have some of the most colorful personalities in the community. I don't think it's a matter of watching it being boring.

>Not enough top players streaming themselves online.

Perhaps? Fighting game streams are irregular. It's hard to keep track of who's streaming and who's taking time off not only because of poor placement on Twitch, but just because the users themselves don't keep to a schedule. It's not like LoL where streaming makes up a majority of their non-tournament income. If anything it's the opposite, even with shitty prize pools.

>Single player/offline play is boring to watch in a fighting game. No one wants to watch Justin practice a single combo for an hour, that's an excellent way to put the stream to sleep. Survival mode is probably even worse but you may have the occasional salty moment over it.

Online mode isn't terribly interesting either. The way skill gaps work in fighting games 90% of the time you're watching the streamer tool on people without using too much effort. They aren't consistently matched with other professional players because of the way their schedules work and matchmaking itself works. Again, not a problem in LoL because all the big names live on Riot's dollar and thus can afford to stream/play 24/7. Most fighting game players that aren't heavily sponsored have at least a part time job.

The biggest issue is that streaming is a different experience for fighting games, much more so than tournaments. There's just not a lot going on. One of the things that makes LoL streaming so popular is that it's an effective surrogate for actually playing the game since actually playing is a massive time investment and often stressful, but watching someone else play is stress free and you can leave at any time you get bored of it.

yet people still didn't play them back then, so that's clearly not the problem

I think MB has a simple style compared to fucking GG/BB.

Rocket League is a way much bigger game than pretty much all the FGC combined. I think that's pretty telling.

SHIT but I'm trying.

Being the most honest and fundamentals character is pure comfy.

i suck because i never play them. I just can't get into them even though i wish i could.

Played ggxxreload and a bit of melty years ago and gg combos and mechanics feel more natural and not forced at all compared to mb.

youtube.com/watch?v=6n7nJPTfZt0

Why do people even bother doing indie fighting games, when a big problem of the genre now is that there are too many games for such a small audience, a community too divided as well, and with too little crossover between players and games.

Honesty is for suckers

Decent.

Im the motherfucking best

My execution is decent and in most games I know the character matchups/frame data well enough, trying to improve adapting to my opponents tendencies.
Walk up throw still gets me 3/5 times.

If they don't know their character's autistic 20+ hit combo juggling bullshit then I floor them, otherwise I go make a sandwich while they do their thing.

And who's fault was it for getting hit with the attack that started that long combo?

I always liked fighting games but never got beyond simple mashing, enough to beat the CPU and arcade modes, that was it.

I got on SF4 way late and the game didn't appeal to me very much
Decided to get more serious with sf5 and actually learn how to play

now i'm playing a charge character, Guile, and can actually play the damn game properly and beat mashers online
it's actually fun, not playing the CPU and getting combos to muscle memory

>Honest
>Turtle man

Yeah nah

C'mon man, I shouldn't be punished that severely just because I didn't block a raising low kick. I learn the long combos for my favorite characters but I never use them since they're bullshit and usually look dumb.

Solid at Street Fighter 5. I just need to learn a few more match ups I don't get to see often enough.
I've been playing mostly Revelator and have been doing really well recently. My execution is tight, my combos are optimized, I have my two mains frame data down and my ability to adjust strategies on the fly has greatly improved over the past two weeks. Me and my friends are going to start scoping out the local scene soon.

>Ryu
>Turtling
>Not unga bunga

>I never use them since they're bullshit and usually look dumb.
Maybe you should, dipshit. They're there for a reason, to reward you for taking advantage of a mistake your opponent did or taking a risk.
> I shouldn't be punished that severely just because I didn't block a raising low kick
You shouldn't have put yourself in a situation where you could've bene hit with a "20+ hit combo" out of a "rising low kick".

You made a mistake, you got punished. Suck it up, learn from your mistakes, and press on.

No, I'll just play singleplayer.

ok i guess
i can read opponents well enough, but im absolute shit at offense because i can't remember combo strings even after practicing them for a while. that said, my defense is damn good, but it won't help if i can't get in on my enemy, let alone attack them.

my exp comes from the old school arcade days that i really wish made a comeback. i like playing any fucking fighter under the sun, doesn't have to be SF, tekken or whatever. recently i liked trying to learn weaponlord, a namco game that had SC shit in it before SE even was in arcades.

i like more couch fighting rather than online, but i will do with what i can, i just wish there was more shit to play with people. i'd stream, but im shit and no one wants to watch someone who is ok at best play fighters.

Ryu is a fucking gorilla in V
Not as much as Nash tho since he requires you to actually be good, hence why we don't see much results from him

because you aren't punishing it
its like ryu in SF, why are you letting him do that shit? watch for his shit, read his moves, learn his douchebaggery and punch his face in.

Wrong, you don't get CPT money for playing it, so it's shit. Haven't you learned anything by now, goy?

i hope you live in a bigger city. my area doesn't have a scene, my closest scene is like over an hour away and everyone i know doesn't play fighters.

>That input history
>Master Tactician

kekked heartily

>Memorizing combos is mostly pointless. You need to understand a character's combo theory and make combos up on the fly with it.
True fucking facts. You need to understand you're normals, their ranges, properties on counter hit and when in the corner, if they low profile or reversal. Once you know how to use your moves the idea of comboing becomes natural and you're able to react to any situation with the appropriate action. You'll also be able to actually open the opponent up with proper mix up game.

You're right about understanding you normals and fundamentals, but learning optimal max damage combos, or ones that lead into a setup are important as well. Unless you just like to style all the time, but depending on the game that is usually not the best idea.

Pointless is too much. I mostly wanted emphasize the idea that learning combo is less the pure muscle memory and more understanding how or why moves combos. Once you an understanding of the frame data of attacks and their uses outside it becomes way easier to hit long combos. The process becomes more natural because you're not trying to hit a memorized chart, instead you're chaining attacks because they "make since" in that situation and then you can start working on optimizing corner carry, meter gain ect...

i am probably the best fighting game player there is, i mean there is no one better than me, any game!

I am fucking terrible because none of my friends are enthusiastic enough to get better with me growing up. when I got on fightcade to show off my 3S skills, I got fucking trashed.

I'm silver in sfv so not god at all

Universal rolls man. you have no excuse to not dodge it, Emerald Splash is not even the good stuff Kakyoin has, now if he was using mystic trap to loop your ass of, now that i could understand.

Avoiding the Puddle. His Soul Calibur 2 character videos made me improve so quick at the game it's almost comical. He's also a really funny guy.

PAN
youtu.be/6POEpIe2IkE
Meno Jazz
youtu.be/qowdUKgDjKU
Core-A Gaming
youtu.be/AGrIR_jlLno

VesperArcade is okay-ish I guess.

My neutral game is decent, and I can pull off specials and supers about 95% of the time.
I'm alright at spending meter.
I suck at longer combos, and could never pull off FRCs when I played AC+R.