Enter the Gungeon thread
who is your favorites Gungeoneers ?
mine is the Convict

This is the most I've ever been disappointed by a game in years
I wish I didn't buy it on GMG so I could refund

why ?

It's too hard

Like BOIR

Marine, but that's just because I seem to be able to get the furthest with him. Pilots lock picks are garbage, and having "aim" variance is annoying as hell, thus the marine.

BOIR is easy as shit compared to this trash

GIT

then git gud you fucking casual

Fucking cry about it.

too many mediocore guns, and worse, too many guns that are somewhat worse than your starting weapon that has infintie ammo.

inconsistent ways to refill ammo, crushing your ability to continue on RNG alone.

Drop that shit and play Nuclear Throne.

I don't like the design of nuclear throne

More like Nuclear SHIT

Lock pick is garbage, but he also gets a discount in the shop, which might be enough to net you a key. The poor aim does suck, but you will learn in time how to dodge attacks even from close range.

You will also need to use every character to kill their past to unlock the final level, so get use to playing all of them.

Normal characters or secret? Normal I would have to say the Hunter, random extra items from Junior is really good and starting with the crossbow is the tits. I love it when I get the witch pistol and find a gun muncher later too, since that always creates the Star Crossbow out of those two.

Secret characters, Bullet is the best. Fuck everything's shots. I can't wait for the update to come out so I can play his past. I hope it requires good use of his sword to clear it.

is there a good wiki yet? i remember dropping it due to lack of info about items and finding tons of shit that seemingly did nothing

Hope that update will fix it.

>too many mediocore guns

There aren't a lot actually. I think the only ones that are kind of lackluster are the Macarov and the Dueling Pistol if you don't have the Ballot. Almost everything is better then your starting gun, or has a gimmick that makes it good, not in damage, but keeping you safe. I know i've used some of the guns that have bouncing shots even if they have poor damage.

Ammo refills are meant to be inconsistent, but you have greater chance of getting ammo with a high capacity gun. I think I've gotten three ammo refills in a row from using the Elephant Gun. Anyway, it's like that so you can't just have that one gun you will always use. Curse also fucks how often your ammo is dropping, so if you are having trouble with ammo, that's probably why. I had a run with 10 guns and all of them were running out because I had 8 curse.

Current wiki seems pretty up to date and explains how items work. Which items do you remember that seemed to do nothing? Guon stones? Shifty Pig?

Bullet sponge enemies, entire formula ripped straight from BoI so it doesn't feel fresh and unique, really slow and boring first two to three floors, game is more about dodge roll iframes than actually avoiding bullets, guns feel weak and unsatisfying, most of the guns are real gimmicky, per-weapon ammo system is obnoxious and makes it ideal to use your starting weapon until the game actually starts getting hard which wastes a lot of time

Is there something to show my coolness stat ?

The only thing I hate about these types of games is that the first two rooms are so fucking slow. Mostly you have to kill damage sponge bosses with a peashooter

>Which items do you remember that seemed to do nothing?
it's been a long time so i have no idea

the only one i really remember is unfinished gun or something like that. dropped from bosses a lot and seemed important but was a shit weapon and i couldnt find info on it at the time

Unfinished gun has a chance to light things on fire. That's it's gimmick, it's just about the same damage as your starter. Guns like that, you want to use to force ammo drops for your other weapons.

>the point of this gun is so that you'll find more ammo for other guns
and that's why half the guns are useless shit

This game is better

Convict is my favorite to play as
Cadence is best girl, though.

>guns that do the same damage as your infinite ammo gun, but have limited ammo and a small chance to do some gimmick
why even bother.

it's not fun, having to shoot the same enemy 500 times is not fun, and the enemies getting more HP as it goes is also fucking retarded, why do the same enemies from level 1 take a a shitton more damage? it just makes the game a massive slog and boring as fuck.

How do I beat the trigger twins ?

Can you bring the Unfinished Gun to the Forge and get it finished by the chick there? If not, they need to fucking add that.

Shoot them until they die

Used to be a Pilot guy but now I play Huntress
Starting off with that crossbow to steam roll the first two floors makes it less miserable of a start
I actually beat the lich yesterday
Still one guy away from unlocking bullet, I keep accidentally killing the fuckers.
Convict and Robot are my least favorite gungeoneers

I like the game but there are just too many shitty weapons. You might as well just reroll until you get something good. Which happens in Issac too, but at least Rebirth reworked it so you'll always get some kind of buff at the end of the boss.

Run in circles and focus on one of them
When they spawn bullets, keel circling around until your reach them, then pop them off
When you kill one, try staying right in the remaining twins face and circle him
Always Dodge when his spray nears you
Walk in between the bullets that come out in threes

>Mostly you have to kill damage sponge bosses with a peashooter

I don't know how you think this. Bullet King has 950 health and almost every weapon you can pick up on the first floor has enough damage to finish him in just over a minute.

The Rusty Sidearm does 6 damage per bullet, it takes 26 reloads to kill him, this is at max of 15 DPS if you shoot as fast as you can, just over a minute to kill with a starter weapon.

This idea that the game is bullet spongy is just idiocy, blathered by people that don't understand the mechanics.

>why do the same enemies from level 1 take a a shitton more damage?

To make you use your other guns. But it isn't even that much health. Starter gun kills in 4 shots on floor 1, 5 on 2, 6 on 3, 6 on 4 and 7 on 5. That isn't spongy at all, almost any other gun will still kill them in one shot, maybe one extra.

It's done like this to ensure you can't just find that ONE GUN to steam roll the game.

One thing I gotta say is fuck the Beholster. Fucker ends my run whenever I encounter it. I restart immediately if I fight it. You pretty much need an automatic fire gun for this boss.

Nuclear Throne is better

I have 251 hours in this game.
>just got Lies thanks to Albern being introduced in the church place
>only found 2 rainbow chest
>2 glitches chest
>both of which I've died in

>I don't know how you think this.
They probably played a lot of Isaac, where you just get Brimstone + anything to kill any boss in 15 seconds, or Nuclear Throne, where enemies die quickly but 99% of the difficulty comes from getting fucked by bad enemy placement

It's dissapointing. It doesn't have the same synergy that BoI has. Each run in Issac felt different, EtG is the same exact thing throughout.
I'm hoping they will keep updating the game so maybe with time it will actually be fun for more than a couple of hours.

I've played everygame like this
and I have beaten this

1 minute IS a slog in a type of game like this
by about 15 seconds you've seen everything the boss has to offer because the game is so simplistic, to the point of you just dodging the obvious patterns for another minute or two. Games like this need to be more fast paced because they aren't deep enough to be interesting when dragged out.

>30 fps

games that are limited to 30 fps and have no reason whatsoever for doing so shouldn't be played and aren't better than anything. you degrade yourself by playing them

Yeah. Synergies are too rare.

Has this game been updated with new content since it was flavor of the month?

A few patches and free DLC coming up. It's eldritch/Lovecraft theme.

Radical. Thanks m8.

One of the things I love about Binding of Issac is seeing Issac transform with each new item. Was really hoping this game did the same but I guess it was either that or having multiple characters.
Also not enough character stat upgrades. The game depends too heavily on finding better guns instead of giving your character better speed/strength/etc.

>eldritch/Lovecraft

Good things can come out of that, but isn't there enough of that on the indie game market already? Are they at least gun/eldritch combos with puns for names?

You can have the best gun of the game but if you are too slow or can't dodge for shit, you're dead
Also the coolness stat reward the player if he's not getting hit in a room, I got a red chest thanks to that

Probably.

Problably. Everything else in the game is, why would this be different?
I know that the game relies heavily on dodging and rolling but I'm talking more about giving you more for your trouble. There was a playthrough where I ended up against Dragun or whatever his name was, ran out of ammo and had to use the starting gun. That moment alone made me realize that I wasn't actually any stronger than when I first started out.

BoI have a very "organic" way of making you stronger, every change makes you different and it's set in stone, whereas EtG says the gun are but just a mean to complete the game.

Coolness being raised from not being hit in a room was actually disproven

did they roll out that new content update yet

fuck this guy

I just hit 1001% on Binding of Isaac, is this worth it?

My whole life is a lie
How do I raise coolness then ?
Yeah totally

You don't get jack shit. I did that immediately when I saw her working on an unfinished gun and was disappointed that nothing happened.

Certain items raise it
Cigarettes, shade's revolver, sunglasses, and ballot come to mind

Actually what coolness do in game?

starwards rogue makes this game obsolete

its like gungeon except actually fun

no
see

Faster item cooldown and increases drop rate of items