Windows 10 adoption rate losing steam

kikes BTFO
>September steam survey results are up and windows 10 looks to be minimally losing it's marketshare
what went right bros
are people finally waking up?
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zgs9g-Q-Zm8
worldometers.info/world-population/india-population/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also: every time you see a "windows 10 is good" post, just remember that it's a meme pushed by paid poo in loo shills
MS literally has Pajeets on a payroll

not vidya

- posted from my obscenely powerful Windows 10 machine -

he's pretty handsome for a poo 2bh

Remember this? Daily threads for a year.

>windows 10 47.48% and rising

>Windows XP still more popular than 32-bit W10 AND Vista
faith in humanity slightly restored.

It's not free anymore.

>windows 8.1 increased the most
>people finally realizing that it's the best version of windows

took them long enough

Only ancient hardware would voluntarily use 32 w10 and that ancient hardware most likely not interested in w10 features to begin with

You are a grade A retard.

Everyone looks good with half of their face covered-

>Win7 64 isn't at 90%+

Not to mention how hard Forza Horizon 3 got shilled, and how GoW4 is getting shilled now.

Isn't windows 10 still free

I wonder when MS is planning to "close" it

but it's not half covered, i can see his face

>nearly 50%
>it still went up anyways

>Windows 10 no longer free
>Adoption R8s drop

In other news the sky is blue and ISIS is an islamic terrorist group

>>Adoption R8s drop
user, it went up.

>49 percent of people on Steam own Windows 10 or Windows 10 64 Bit
>B-but it's slowing down

I don't understand why you'd be so angry about people adopting Windows 10. Is it because of the spy shit that's also on literally every other system/program you use?

Do you have a Facebook? How about a Youtube channel? They all track your shit.

I think the joke is that "Windows 10" is at 1.42% even though the actual Windows 10 that everyone uses is an overwhelming majority at 47.48%

It's just mad pedophiles.

Would you be okay with government installing cameras in your house just because you don't have anything to hide?
Please don't dodge the question. Just a yes or no

Not him but you forgot, having a person stand over you reading everything you do, watching you type in your passwords, credit card/bank info, fap sessions. And have it all recorded but claim its in 'good hands'.

Exagerate more faggot

>Do you have a Facebook? How about a Youtube channel?
No, I don't. Problem?

>comparing cameras with spyware

not this guy but c'mon

> You actually think that was exaggeration.

Ahahahahahaha.

Yeah, but you can't play Forza Horizon 3 on PC

>tfw been using windows 10 since late 2014

I don't see what the problem is. Oh wait, it is just retarded memers who haven't even used it repeating shit they saw other retards post.

Here is your (you)

>Is already at 47%
>Anyone who w3anted to install it already did
>Lol its not getting new users!!!

Fuck off, it practically doubles the windows 7 users

>being unable to read numbers

You're a moron. Most people that wanted to switch already did. That's why it's slowing down.

Are you sure it's not because most people already have W10?

I finally remembered after 5 minutes why I left Cred Forums in the first place. It's become blatant shill central and there's probably all of 10 people that browse consistently that aren't shills.

Before anyone says 'it's just trolling', it really really isn't like that from my 10 years of shitposting experience. The rhetoric and strategy used is too consistent, targeted, and wide-reaching, the blatant marketing spam throughout Cred Forums and especially Cred Forums for videogames or hardware has reached ridiculous levels that denying it is ludicrous.

Literally unsalvagable board, I hope Hiro closes this board.

While play Forza 3 should I make thread to make you mad?

>people have woken up
>they're rolling back
>to win 8

And the "I use Linux and game just fine crowd" while they have nothing to play.

Do they list how many people have SteamOS? Is that just Linux? Or is the number so low that they don't want to show it off?

Do it, these fags can't stand seeing people talk about vidya. It makes them physically mad to the point they convince themselves everyone is a shil.

Windows 10 IS good. You just have to take 2 hours to take all the new shit out. I haven't had any trouble since.

Its not free anymore.

>majority
>less than 50%
Cred Forums is this bad at games

yeah user just go to your settings and turn off the privacy-invading options!

now you're good :)

its already too late

Now should I do it of my pc or my Xbox running it I'm thinking Xbox since ill do a shit phone picture instead of a screen shot

Valve actually spies more than Microsoft but you never hear people about that. Funny how it works doesn't it? It's almost like people are full of shit.

You are fucking dumb.

Look at the percentage of all the other versions on windows and compare them to the percentage of windows 10.

Windows 10 has 50% alone. The other versions of windows have 50% split between them. Windows 10 has the largest user base by a large amount.

8.1 64bit master race

If you have even the slightest proof of Valve literally looking at every single file I open on my PC and building a profile of me out of all my info, please share

>crying about privacy invasion
>yet slaps his Email and CC info on every game store and client

>one is an OS that literally records everything you do
>the other is you giving some website or store a disposable secondary email address

wow, I sure wonder how these are equal!

>why I left Cred Forums
>posting in a shit thread and bumping said thread
Wew lad

I was doing an internship at a computer hardware store when it released, all the guys working there wouldn't shut up about how bad windows 10 is. People kept bringing in their windows 10 machines and getting to all the important administrator options was a pain in the ass compared to windows 7. It's much of the same reason we didn't like windows 8.

I remember when the update happened which automatically installed windows 10 on your computer if you had install recommended updates turned on. We had waves of people coming in requesting to switch back to windows 7, that was a busy couple of days.

I can imagine windows 10 being alright if you're the kind of person who just "has a PC" and likes to have things automated and on easy mode in terms of administration responsibility. The same people who drive automatic transmission I suppose. I'm the kind of guy who likes control and likes to do literally everything on my PC manually, windows 10 is just less convenient for that.

I have windows 10 on my laptop because I literally just use it for uni work, no biggie, but on my desktop at home there's no way I'm giving up windows 7, not for windows 10 anyhow.

> Valve actually spies more than Microsoft
> MS sends screenshots of your computer screen in a constant feed.

I don't buy that. The only reason they can even do that is because it's integrated into the OS itself.

Nope. It's actually complicated but I have computer skills.

The people without computer skills generally don't give a shit about privacy so it's all good.

He's being a pedantic fuck and saying if you don't have more than fifty percent then it's not a majority.

If Company 1 has 49 percent of the market cornered and Companies 2-52 each have 1 percent of the remaining 51, I'm pretty sure everybody would say that Company 1 has the majority lead on the competition.

>but I have computer skills.

not him, but if you think you're "safe" by not using win 10 you're dumb af

You're not "safe", but there is still a gigantic difference between using W7 or W8/W10

might as well be dude. maybe they can't see your face on camera but they sure as fuck can know every single intimate little detail about you, so long as you processed the information through your computer.

do you retards not fucking realize that microsoft is actively partaking in PRISM? how are you not bothered by this? the shit you're doing right now could be monitored for all you know.

your average person doesn't care because they fall into the "nothing to hide" fallacy

as long as the average person is complacent it doesn't matter

Mah nigga!

Why the fuck would I want to talk to people I didn't give a fuck about in high school and college?

Most of them have horrible kids, massive long-term debt and loveless marriages.

As for YouTube, why would I make an account unless I'm making videos and even then I'd rather share them with you faggots than random jackoffs that go there.

I did have a MySpace back in the day and it got me a metric ton of pussy but sadly, winter has come.

>how are you not bothered by this?

i don't have autism and i don't watch taiwanese animation with underage girls or boys

user, there are 10 versions of windows 10 in that chart.

out of that 10 one of them has 48% the rest of them have 52% divided between them.

The one with 48% on its own has the majority.

If there were only two versions of windows on there and they had 50% niether would have the majority.

There are more than two, there are 10 and one alone has 48% making it the majority.

> Not running freedom respecting software.

To be honest, I run Windows in VMware and I use it for most of my entertainment, but my base OS is still loonix.

If I want to do anything vaguely important, I use the distro. If I don't, I just use the sandbox.

what do you mean by safe? What the fuck do you think isgoing to happen to you?

>tfw some games run worse under dx12 than dx11
>tfw vulcan coming anyway

what is the point of w10?

So windows 8.1 is like windows 7 and windows 10 is live vista ?

>10 versions of Windows 10
Wat

Not really, no

>"turn off the privacy-invading options"
>not uninstalling updates, disabling auto-updates, deleting preinstalled apps, removing ads and blocking microsoft telemetry IPs on your router while using a removal tool for all other shit

Did it senpai

Yes, really. You retard.

>thinking you can remove everything
haha, cute

user. Sarcasm.

I meant 10 versions of windows.

>MS sends screenshots of your computer screen in a constant feed.

Source? That would be pretty stupid when there are more efficient ways to collect data.

How is this blatant shilling not breaking the rules? Moot forbid advertising.

That's more than 2 hours, you have to repeat the process at every update. Or you disable update entirely, but at this point you are retarded for not keeping 7.

Good, bet there are already mad as fuck retards screaming shill :^)

Moot is gone, lad.
Hope you are ready to preorder this month's GOTY Triple A game!

That's literally the point of the user you're answering

youtube.com/watch?v=zgs9g-Q-Zm8

Found packets that are pictures being sent to microsoft servers

Here's a fact: everything introduced in win10 can be removed. You can literally turn it into an updated win7. Except for Edge, that's integrated too deeply.

I don't know why people are so upset. Win10 still comes with powershell.

>tfw i literally havent had any problems with windows 10 so far

yeah obviously guys like you aren't who i'm addressing, it's more the morons who outright use w10 like there's nothing wrong with it

you don't have to be some kind of criminal to have some respect for your own fucking privacy as a citizen of your country dude. it's that apathetic and dismissive attitude of yours that's allowing our rights as people to be squeezed tighter every day.

That sounds like a lot of bullshit just to use an OS

by safe i mean "botnet-free", also i only usr my PC fot vidya and work so i don't have anything to hide. life is short user, stop stressing yourself with this autism or you're going to die young.

who the fuck would want to shill somethign on this autistic dead website your fuckign tards. kys
hate this shill meme so much

>Win10 still comes with powershell.
You can't uninstall ads that come from the microsoft sotre from GPO anymore even through powershell

>one alone has 48% making it the majority
you keep using that word. i don't think it means what you think it means

you can at least go down to w7 levels of spying or even less

>I'm a naive and oblivious idiot who hasn't "noticed any problems" while shitposting on Cred Forums, browsing reddit and playing league of legends or neptunia, w10 is cool

You can turn ads off in the settings. I don't see any ads at all.

>you can turn ads off
except from the microsoft store which you can't disable anymore

via w10 aniversary update

Already did #hillshill and proud

normal people don't care about cyber privacy.

>using the store
you're retarded

>hurr don't use the store I don't care that its riddled with ads you can't remove it doesn't count because I said so

>i'm a shitposting cunt who doesn't actually know anything about computers but a my tinfoil hat uncle on facebook said that microsoft is evil so i must preach it on anyonymous weeb image boards.

I wish there was a way to mod a game to run on an older system

For what purpose though?

>that
>shilling
how can someone be this dense

user if you have 10 people

Person 1 - 48 votes
Person 2 - 28 votes
Person 3 - 8 votes
Person 4 - 6 votes
Person 5 - 1 votes
Person 6 - 1 vote
Person 7 - 1 vote
Person 8 - 1 vote
Person 9 - 1 vote
Person 10 - 1 vote

Who has the majority of votes?

So they can find out what you're doing and make money off your business

are you retarded? if you don't use it you're not exposing yourself to the ads, the store is useless af.

>more people use 32bit XP than Vista

Safe from who or what?

The NSA, CIA, Illuminati?

Unless you're downloading CP then you have nothing to worry about.

It's downloading movies from shady trackers that's your biggest worries since you don't want your ISP to kill your service.

The most they'd find on my PC are chan pics, webms and gifs of stupid shit.

No personal info, no important docs, no home made pr0n.

I keep that shit as off the grid as possible ie. flash drives or my laptop that never goes online.

Not Windows 10.

But I want to play gears 4 and I don't own a xbone

No, really. Check your facts parrot.

Have a (you)

>7 on decline
>8 on rise
DAMN IT, YOU'RE GOING BACKWARDS

>using MS Store

user pls, I bet you activated Cortana too and logged in "online"

>Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Do you think Cortana is going to go through that AI mind meltdown thing and try to destroy the universe?

>he doesn't know

But there is no image processing method that could automatically go through every single image they get that way and identify the useful ones.

Do they have a million Pajeets manually checking screenshots?

that's why people are butthurted this much, because mhu chinese underage animu and mhu self respect. people literally don't care about this botnet bullshit, only sickfuck pedos.

>Do they have a million Pajeets manually checking screenshots?
yea they do because they all work for a dollar a day

Nice try Pajeet

>Microsoft stops giving away 10 for free
>People stop upgrading
really makes you think...

the chart shows you it is up 4 percent with windows 7 dropping 6 percent..

worldometers.info/world-population/india-population/

nigga, we're fucked, the botnet wins again.

>Shart in mart
>Defending windows 10
>by showing you use windows 10
WEW LAD

that got nothing to do with taking screenshots
and the host file is useless, you gotta block it in your router

Literally everything?
I don't see the point in upgrading if I'm just going to try my hardest to make it like windows 7, how would that make sense? I already have windows 7.

Can I turn off that annoying as fuck internet search when I hit the windows key? I like to go
>windows key + application name + enter
I do that on windows 10 and it just bing searches whatever I wrote.
Also pressing the windows key doesn't bring up a small search window, it takes up the entire primary monitor.
And just other shit like it opening the settings in fullscreen and not just in a small window. Why does everything have to take up the whole screen? I have 3 monitors so it's really not a massive inconvenience with it taking up one screen, but it's just so needless and ugly.

What are the benefits of "upgrading"? I don't see any. You tell me that I can turn everything I don't like off, but what's the point when everything I don't like is already disabled in the current version of windows I'm running?

W10 = DX12
Anything else = Not DX12

Until Vulkan is not a thing, what else?

Buy a car, play forza in real life.

>then you have nothing to worry about.
Unless government decides that it does not like me for whatever reason and decides to get rid of me with all the data they have about me.

do you not remember the minecraft ads? notch shill the fuck out of that shitty game back before it was a huge meme. all the autistic here LOVED the game while a small few of us were saying this game is total shit. now people wanna act like they hate minecraft now or make jokes about it.

Haven't all DX12 games been really poorly optimized so far?

At 90km/h with full trafic.
What an experience.

its not being pedantic. Its the definition of the word.

maximum autism

>I turn off updates on my OS because i'm a power user

You're the clowns of the IT world just to let you know.

Vulka is not going the be a thing for a loooooong ass time. I hope they keep working on it and not dropping it like AMD did with Mantle.

The only one I havent seen a change is MD everything else always means around +10fps.

Well, I went back to 7 SP1. But I am the minority. It's going to be sad when 7 and 8 numbers are so pathetically low that game developers will stop caring about them and push "YOU NEED W10 FOR OUR GAME BRO".

>Doom on vulkan gets 20fps more on amd cards than nvidia cards
>suddenly "TECH REVIEWERS" refuse to give a benchmark
>when they are pressured by their audience to do so, they sound extremely irritated "YEAH GUYS FINE"

Yep, nvidia won't push vulkan anytime soon.

That's pretty decent then, what other games support it?

Is the new Hitman any good?

Battlefield 1 is really smooth with DX12, too bad the game sucks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

Have you seen all the Overshill and Legion threads lately? Obviously some companies(Like blizzard) pays mod to let them freely shill.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support
So nothing good then, aside maybe Deus Ex and Total War. Is that new Tomb Raider good? How about Forge?

>tfw I simply googled' how to disable the automatic update for windows 10 and deleted the program that cause it to auto update
>tfw dodged the bullet
Feels good.

Steam has like 150 million users so those are some pretty good numbers.

>Developers not being publisher's whore
>Still using Microsoft's leash as main OS
>Buy Nvidia and complain about DX12 shit performance

ok

As long as I can play my games and do my accounting spreadsheets, I'm golden.

And just so you guys know, nowhere in the US Constitution does it mention any right to privacy so you're SOL if you think you can legally fight/resist the powers that be.

>tfw computer came with 10
>all I can do is use DWS and wushowhide
My dad bought it as a gift when I left for uni and the sales guy suckered the old fella into thinking that because 7 will get discontinued in a few years that he should get win10.

I just have all updates turned off, again, doing everything manually is the way to go if you like things how they are and you don't want some random update to fuck you over. Good job though user, a lot of people didn't have as keen foresight.

The best part is, usually we'd just roll back the update, but some customers were assholes so we told them that the only way to revert it was to rebuy windows 7.

>everything losing marketshare except 10
>8 doesn't count because last gen prebuilds + laptops are on sale now running Win 8 or 8.1
Seems fine to me, Win10 is superior in every single way :^)

>Forced to have windows 10..
>Won't let you downgrade to 8.1 and below
Why the fuck....

>thinks I'm mad because everyone else isn't using the same OS as me
lel, I'm not a special slowflake running Arch to feel touched m8to.

Why is microsoft, intel and nvidia so much shit companies?

>looks to be minimally losing it's marketshare

If by "losing" you mean "currently gaining" going by your graph, as well as "By far the most used OS on Steam" then sure.

>make partition on spare hard drive when windows 10m was free
>enjoy windows 10 games
>still use 7 for everything else and just unhook the drive when I don't use it
>mfw

Because "muh free market"

No it's not, majority is the largest share of a given group. 51% is only a majority in terms of a 1 vs 1 situation.

How do you think countries without shit 2 party systems like England or Canada end up with majority governments with 38% of the vote?

64 bit went up .04 32 went down .09. It's a net loss.

>forza horizon 3
>shilled

There was like one thread every one or two days and they could barely stay alive. Also 99% of the posts in them were of performance issues and the other 1% was car discussion. How new do you have to be to think that's what shilling looks like.

>Look mom I used the host file

Hey retard, ever stop to rub your 2 brain cells together for some common sense and conclude that maybe Microsoft ignores the hosts file for Microsoft related services so malware can't use it to hijack their official windows update URLs?

install gentoo

You forgot AMD for being incompetent.

Because he's on Insider Preview, which specifically tells you it has the ability to screenshot when errors happen as part of the feedback system./

Now repeat his test on a consumer release version and watch your lack of results.

Do you actually think somebody cares that much about you except maybe your mom?

>but some customers were assholes so we told them that the only

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fucking shill!
Stop talking to me like you are a normal person you Microsoft cock sucking airhead!

How dare you address me and belittle my ability to see thru your horseshit program

>incompetent
>tries to make a new architecture
>no one decides to support it

I have shota pictures on my PC

I'm yet to have a visit from the police

More like subpar products but yeah we can go with that.

>subpar
wat

it's when you down a big sub in five bites or less

CPU line is garbage, GPU line is inferior with not so great support. APUs are the only thing keeping it floating tbqh.

Read

Can you downgrade to 7 from 10 without wiping? My 7 auto updated when I went to bed a few months ago, and I want to go back. I miss my freedom.

Yes it's incompetence if people/consumers are not interested in your products/brands.

Is it incompetence when other companies just pay you to not support other companies?
Because of that we have the gen 4/5/6 of intel at least 3x more expensive than what they should be if there was a better competition on the market.

Hold on, let me get my tinfoil hat.

Will we ever get an alternative to fucking Windows?

Have you compared the current Intel CPU prices with the intel cpu prices from before 2012?