Which one should I buy?

ps4 or xbox 1slim?

Other urls found in this thread:

groupon.com/deals/gg-xbox-one-500gb-console-with-kinect-and-halo-5-limited-edition
attackofthefanboy.com/news/xboxs-phil-spencer-responds-quantum-break-exclusivity-controversy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What games do you want to play?

Buy an Ouya.

neither

I have both. Would recommend a Commodore 64. It helped me bond with a dad a little bit.

no games

You should buy a PC.

Build a pc

Build a PC.

Unless you really, really, REALLY like console shooters PS4 is the obvious choice. You should probably wait until black friday, though.

And get trampled to death?

>even thinking about buying a console these days

pc u fucking retard

.AMD

There might've been a day where this was true but not anymore. The PS4 pro blows the hell out of any PC at a comparable price point. It's essentially a rx480 in terms of power which you can't find for below 200 bucks on its own in a PC. PS4 Pro is a good value at 400 bucks, if you don't own a PS4 already that is.

>Cancer

OP, I have an Xbox One because all my friends have one, and we co-op alot of stuff. But honestly, PS4 seems better.

>pcfags

Go away please, adults are talking

This is easily the most retarded thing you can do. Every game that requires a good PC is multiplat AAA garbage that isn't even worth playing. Toaster and a console will always be the superior combination.

How does it feel to know that all of your "exclusives" worth mentioning are coming to pc?

No, order it online moron. Guess I should have said Cyber Monday. Everything always goes on sale earlier than that, though.

This stupid ass lost doesn't even include a hard drive or mouse + kb. Never mind the fact that a great deal of games work better on pad so you'd need one of those two. You're big even trying.

PC. Stop being a faggot.

Neither, put the money away in your savings or if you're keen on blowing money then move out of mom's house.

>750ti meme
>current year

groupon.com/deals/gg-xbox-one-500gb-console-with-kinect-and-halo-5-limited-edition

Almost tempts me to fucking buy one just for Halo 5 and GoW 4/remastered

Not when they still have serious issues with performance.

xbox one it has 360 back compat and all the same multiplats as ps4. get an xbone don't fall for the ps4 meme

Serious question?

I don't care; I appreciate exclusives are a part of the competition between companies, but it doesn't affect me if Halo or Gears go to PC, I just want something I can quickly boot up and play after a day at work.

Trick question

That's a good and cheap way to cover all your bases

However a lot of people will want greater performance or to only have one of the two because they're somehow cheaper than that

Xbox one is the butt of many jokes.

PS4 has tons of non-PS4 owners begging and petitioning for PS4 games on their system.

This should be enough for you.

>only game I cared about was BB
>now there's ni-oh and nier: automata
Will probably buy one of craigslist or something

>not a poorfag
>have a PC, xbone, and ps4

Are you fags even trying?

Really depends on what kind of exclusives you want
I much more interested in Gears, Halo and such, and Multiplatform games like COD are more popular on these consoles so it all boils down to what kind of games you're into

you're gonna pay for online either way though but eh, I don't really care

>that CPU

Xbone is cool if you have friends on Xbox live, prefer the controller, or like one of a handful of exclusives. The cable box integration with the oneguide (& Kinect) is pretty neat.

As a regular gaming console for a non-nerd, the PS4 generally performs slightly better than the PS3 (e.g. Witcher runs at 1080P on PS4, 900p on Xbone with upscale).

And of course, PC can trample both handily.

What is this, 2010?

But yes, build a PC.

>this much hostility out of nowhere
moshi moshi ... baito desu?
Eh!? Farusofaggu!?

be a man and buy a neogeo

xbox one literally has no exclusive games, go for ps4 and play weeb god tier games like the rest of the smart people of this board

Xbox players here seem to be too mature to care for the console war

>It's essentially a rx480 in terms of power.

More like a severely underclocked RX480.

The CPU is still shit so that will be bottlenecking the GPU anyway, regardless of how good that is.

I can't imagine them doing any better than selling Pros at a $100 loss with the apparent specs

>xbox dudebros generic cheese kids
>mature

well memed, my dear friend.

Cuck.

attackofthefanboy.com/news/xboxs-phil-spencer-responds-quantum-break-exclusivity-controversy/

The Vectrex.

if you dont have a pc then buy one. Spend like 500 or 600$ on it I know its more than console buy console has other hidden prices to play online and shit like that.

If you got a pc and want a console too than ps4 for the exclusives

Xbox one s

You do know the CoD audience went to the PS4. Nearly everyone buying the console, is getting it for Destiny, CoD, Madden, and Battlefield. Go ahead and check the numbers.

save up and buy a PC. seriously. Unless all your friends play on just one console. I cannot recommend it enough

Depends what games do you want to play.

>want halo, gears, remedy, forza + all dem multiplats?
Get an xbone slim.

>want weebshit, weird nip games and even more weebshit?
Git a PS4 (classic has god tier design and sick stickers, slim is for cucks)

>want multiplats, troubleshooting, microstuttering and cuckoldry
Build/upgrade your PC.

>want fun colorful games and "think different" mentality?
Wii U + N3DS

Personally I go with every console + medium PC (sinceno money to goy out to nvidia since it all went to buying consoles) and I have tons of funs without ever feeling cucked.

>PC
>sit behind the monitor and try to comfy
>Console
>relax on the couch behind a big TV, comfy
Yeah, no PC pls

ugh who says?

>>>/reddit/

I'd say build a PC AND buy a PS4. Just save up the money and do it, you won't regret it. All the console exclusives you need plus the multiplat performance benefits of PC.

Nope.

I'll take connecting your pc to the fucking tv you imbecile for 600, Alex

>inb4 m+kb
wireless gamepads, fuckwit

both

I play PC games in a comfier and more theatrical configuration than 99% of console players in existence. $1500 surround sound system and a 78 inch 4K HDR TV. Kill yourself you poor fuck.

Where at, can you point us to it so we can join in the conversation instead of trolling deluded children who think one console is better than the other?

>he bought into the HDR meme

please op, buy a console before you spend money on this hot garbage

someone's jelly as fuk

If you aren't interested in Gears or backwards compatibility, there's no point in getting an Xbone

I would say Halo makes it worth it, but Halo is dead and Halo 5 is so fucked up

Well, user is partially right.

It really is easy to hook a PC to an HD TV, graphics cards have had hdmi out displays since early 2006.

However the reality of PC gaming is that most PC gamers, especially the elitist ones, circlejerking about 4k or 144hz sit at uncofomfortable desks using tiny tiny 22" monitors while console fags are enjoying the joys of 50" curved TVs.

I call that a half truth, you know that when you get into PC gaming chances are very high that you will use a tiny monitor sitting at a desk if only because TVs are unconveniant as fuck for casually using a PC for tasks external from video games. And if you do, you went for the console experience, then why not go for the full console TV experience and end the cuckoldry for once?

Why would I be jelly of the visual equivalent of an audiophile

Build a PC. It may be more expensive now, but it's worth it in the long run. Consoles can only play games from this gen, some games from others if they allow it. PCs can play almost any game from any gen, and will be able to play games in future gens. What these console kiddies don't think about is the future. When this gen is over you stick your console on a shelf, or worse, sell it for a new one. When this PC gen is over, you buy a new cpu, or gpu, or some ram and you keep on going. If you selected the right parts a PC will last you decades. A console, not so much.

"HDR" has been a standard in professional DCP projection since forever. Literally every movie you've seen in theaters in the last 6 years has displayed a 10-bit color signal. It's a vast improvement, more-so than 4K, and it's worth the money if you can manage it for home usage.

Get a fucking job.

>It's essentially a rx480 in terms of power

>tiny tiny 22" at 4k
>50" 1080p

First one, any time.

>he does not have a 5 meter long HDMI cable connected from his PC to the dedicated gaming TV
Topkek, what makes you think people use TVs as monitors?

>want to kys
get some rope you faggot

That CPU isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but honestly today you can get a complete pack Nehalem i5/i7 or Phenom X4 and even X6 with board for under 70 bucks, and those would tear the Athlon X4 a new asshole. Granted those chipsets are literally ancient and with zero upgrade path, but so is FM2+. Goes the same for second hand GPUs, shit like 7950 or 770 should be obtainable for around 120 bucks in the US with the warranty still in place.

>it's worth the money if you can manage it for home usage.
just like those tube amplifiers.

You fell for the marketing gimmicks hook line and sinker, and you're deluded if you think the extra color depth adds that much to the experience. I say this as a person with near perfect color perception acuity.

>then why not go for the full console TV experience and end the cuckoldry for once?
>what is framerate
>what is resolution

>essentially a RX480
>RX480

>just like those tube amplifiers.
I used tube amps way before they where a meme, they are great for some genres of music, just like HDR TVs are great for the content they are made for.

I agree that most PC gamers aren't taking advantage of those possibilities, but I wouldn't say "TVs are unconveniant as fuck for casually using a PC for tasks external from video games". I'm the 78" TV guy and I actually prefer it for surfing the web. Huge amounts of space for multiple windows and the 4K text is actually legible. 4K on a screen smaller than 42" is atrocious for reading text.

>4K on a screen smaller than 42" is atrocious for reading text.
It's fucking beautiful, you do know what DPI is? Fucking faggots.

>why not go for the full console TV experience

I basically play everything in 4k ever since I got my GTX 1080. I even replaced my 1080p TV with an affordable 4k one. Once you're used to that resolution, 1080p looks grainy and it gets ever harder to ignore all the imperfections due to the low pixel count. And console games often have resolutions even lower than that. In 5 to 7 years, native 4k consoles will become a thing. I'll check them out. No promises, though.

It's just too tiny, man. Windows scaling is a joke.

>4K on a screen smaller than 42" is atrocious for reading text.
If you really have a problem with that you may need glasses. Till then hold down control and press plus on the number pad.

PS4

Been using a 27" 4k monitor for a good while now. Windows 10 scales almost perfectly.

get both desu

>text size and resolution are tied together

Le pc maymay xdddd

You know you can upscale your text right, since truetype fonts aren't rasters, right? To make it be exactly the same size as on a 1080p monitor of the same size, right? You aren't this retarded, are you?

t. Jimmy Russell

see

>>he does not have a 5 meter long HDMI cable connected from his PC to the dedicated gaming TV
I actually do, and furthermore due to my appartment configuration I have to use it as a monitor and let me tell you that it's not very pleasant to the eyes.

Yet I prefer that to the shitty 1440p 22" monitor my brother gifted me for my last birthday.

>what is resolution
TV is 1080p anyway and my couch is at the perfect distance, apply some AA and you're good.
>what is framerate
It's not like my graphics card can keep steady 60 fps so to prevent having annoying all over the place framerate I lock slower ports to 30fps and with motion blur ON the seem fluid enough. Sorry for not playing le hardcore CS:GO xD at le ebin 144fps xD but I actually like video games. So the console games don't bother me that much except when shit can't even maintain 30fps, that is just deplorable. In any case plenty of PS4 games I played are 60fps anyway so I don't really have much to complain about.

A good PC is an investment. A console is a toy.

If you like weeb games of all type of genres get a PS4

Get an Xbone if...I dont know

>Le

Go back to plebit you fucking faggots

I can do 1080p@120 on my 65 inch TV. Shit is so good, i just use a wireless bone bad and with as easy as PC gaming is anymore I can just sit down and play like it's a console. Just switch my AVR to the PCs input and everything just works.

Call me a faggot if you want but I feel like the technology isn't quite ready yet since there aren't no affordable 4K TVs that match the best price/quality of current 1080p TVs.

Also I don't want to fuck my enjoyment of media quite yet because of jumping to the next cool tech thing. I remember keeping my god tier plasma 35" 720p TV up until the end of the 720p consoles because of how awful the Wii games looked on that. Also that TV had the best contrast and best colours I've ever seen on a TV. Good times. Shame I sold it after buying generic "muh 1080p" 45" Samsung TV.

>and it only cost $3000 to get it up and running!

The scaling works absolutely perfectly. If 22" is enough for 1080p, then 26" is enough for 4K. Either stop sitting 2m away from the screen when you're on PC or get glasses you blind faggot.

No? The TV was like 3400 but you gotta buy a TV with your console anyways.

My PC was only like 1200ish I think? And mine is way overkill for most AAA PC ports.

>technology isn't quite ready yet since there aren't no affordable 4K TVs

>are not no

So there are some? Can you tell me where?

I could build a PC like that for far less than $1000. Also
>not having $3000 to spare
This board is 18+, little friendo.

No, it doesn't. Certain icons look pixelated as fuck, webpages get scrambled and it's just janky

You might wanna check again, 4k sets went down in price rapidly in the recent months.

I'm this guy and never saw any of the things you describe.

To be fair, it's been years since I actually used it. Maybe Microsoft finally got their shit together with Windows 10.

both+

Excuse me I worderd myself poorly.

4k is still a new thing and a decent 4k TV costs way too much than it's worth it. I feel like you have to sacrifice too much picture quality to get an affordable 4k TV. Basically a good and cheaper 1080p will outperform a more expensive entry level 4k TV because the picture will be more pleasing to the eye.

There also aren't that much benefit to 4k on sub 45" TVs.

I would fall for the meme if those 5 grand 4k LG TVs using Oled technology where affordable. Until then the $1.500 curved OLED 1080p 50" LG TVs take the cake.

PS4>PC>Ouya>Polyps>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox

Seriously for some who likely Xbox games: WHY the fuck are you throwing away $300 when with that money you could get a powerful GPU and play the games you love RIGHT NOW. Not in a year, not in 900p. Right now, in high res. MS threw the towel with the Xbox.

Sentimental obsession with brands is the definition of autism.

Figure it out yourself.