Best Harvest Moon?

Other urls found in this thread:

community.playstarbound.com/threads/mod-singles-portraits-beautify.107957/
community.playstarbound.com/threads/diverse-stardewvalley-alex.109748/
community.playstarbound.com/threads/dewmetrius-valley-scientifically-controversial.109303/
everybodyplays.co.uk/news/Rune-Factory-News-Marvelous-tease-Rune-Factory-5/2189
youtube.com/watch?v=tBsYtIBNG_0
youtube.com/watch?v=OGTa-iyhn28
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

harvest moon: stardew valley

jus jk lil bitch. probably the ps1, n64 versions after the gba version friends of mineral town.

Yes, it is. Friends of Mineral Town could have been the best. But replacing the greenhouse with harvest sprites and time going too fast ruined it.

stardew valley

Friends of Mineral Town

Never played 64, is it worth emulating?

Personally loved Harvest Moon GBC and Back to Nature, mainly because of the nostalgia.

I remember renting Back to Nature from the video store for like two months straight because I couldn't find a physical copy anywhere else.

Harvest Moon DS
Though the game breaking bugs that destroy your save files got me every fucking time
And while we're at it, witch princess is for _____?

Harvest Moon DS was my shit growing up.
It had some pretty bad game breaking bugs though.

I've heard A New Beginning is pretty cool.

>Almost ready to get married
>EU version had a fucking broken TV channel for sprites so you had no way of getting clues on how to get new sprites that are required to get married for some retarded reason
>Game destroys my save

I punched a wall that day.

It's the best of the actual Harvest Moon games but Stardew Valley is the best farming sim ever. Now it's even better after the 1.1 update.

Being able to waifu her is still one of my greatest achievements.
Too bad I lost that file by saving inside my barn. :/

It's worth it.

It definitely has the most charm of all the HM games.

>stardew valley is literally a SJW remake of Friends of Mineral Town
>it has this many shills

>Try new Harvest Moon games Real Harvest Moon not "Harvest Moon"
>Can't get into it any more
>Try Stardew Valley
>Can't get into that either
>Only able to play Rune Factory 4

Man I used to love these games I dunno what the fuck happened.

Play one of the Holy Trinity.
Back to Nature - 64 - FoMT

I believe BtN is the best, followed closely by 64. FoMT is basically a GBA version of BtN. Basically play whatever console you have access to, or whatever you prefer.

Other titles worth playing are MM, AP, AWL[this ones really slow], and the RF series. The current 3DS games are good, but are not really Harvest Moon to me.

Friends of Mineral Town. No contest

>353679993
>there is an interracial couple in the game therefore it's SJW garbage

This is my favorite
the knock at your door saying your animal died scared the shit out of me as a kid and made me not play it anymore, even though it was a dream and was just warning you your animal is sick. Also the fact that you have to murder one of your animals for a note

He's just mad because homos get to marry in it.

It's just back to nature with worse graphics.

>353680320
>be gay

You grew up. Literally. I don't think I can play classic HM after RF anymore either.

Laughing in the face of the Goddess with.

For fucks sake either link the post or head to reddit.

I've played other HM since 64. I liked DS and some of the newer DS ones were okay. BTN and FoMT were great and felt just like 64. Why are those 3 so particularly good? Why does 64, even today, feel so magical and great? There's just so many random events, even for well beyond the "game over" marker. It seems like I always discover something new on a playthrough, and finally earning the Party Picture was a major accomplishment.

The Harvest Moon series fell apart on the DS/PS2. And hasn't recovered. This is in large part because the head of the series wanted 5 new HM games to come out a year. And now its one of the worst examples of milking a series in all of gaming.

I haven't played it myself, but it looks good. What's sjw about it?

Its also because the games creator openly posts on forums and has a clear agenda. And it doesn't help that the games art looks like shitty western fanart of Scooby Doo.

You can gay marriage and there's a black scientist with mulatto daughter.

What's SJW about it user?

Cheers, I'll give it a try. looks very similar visually to Back to Nature, looking forward to seeing the different story.

Harvest Moon really captures something that just puts me in a good mood

> Best Harvest Moon?My favorite was the SNES version. I liked the n64 version a lot too, but the graphics felt kind of lifeless.

god, i miss Harvest Moon. i think the last one i really enjoyed (as opposed to telling myself i enjoyed it because i paid money for it) was Hero of Leaf Valley on the PSP and nobody ever talks about that one.

my absolute favorite is 64.

You know sometimes I think times before internet were better because people actually cared about games and not the views of theirs devs.

Literally nothing.

I think I can handle that if I really concentrate

I like snes graphics most of them all too. But it has the least content sadly.

>Rune Factory
>does everything HM does and more
>Not even Stardoo can compete

A shame the company went bankrupt after releasing RF4 and that one maid inn srpg thing.

That's it?

That's why you get the portrait mod. Seriously fuck the ones concernedape did. They are terrible.

This one is sort of a mimic of the Harvest Moon art style.

NO YOU CAN'T IT SJW SJW DON'T YOU SEE?

Yes. SV is about as "SJW" as the first Sims.

fair warning, though i love 64, the gameplay will feel dated if you loved BtN. it has a lot less crops, the mine is only open in Winter and the inventory management can be a pain. but the characters and dialogue and events are so great, it's worth it.

i can't play the SNES version because of how fucking slow it gets when you have too many animals.

Even if you didn't know anything about the dev, Stardew Valley is clearly a Harvest Moon ripoff and is far too similar to Friends of Mineral Town. I would have called it out 15 years ago as well.

Not too crazy about those, to be honest.

Well we don't have anything else to play since the Harvest Moon series has basically crashed and burned.

So? I play games since 1997, I've seen lots of ripoffs and games-inspired-by. I watched how console games turned into one big cinematic action adventure. How is inspiration anything bad? There's not so many HM-type games.

There are a shitload of them. You're bound to like one of them.

>tumblr noses
wew

I want to say AWL, but it performed horribly on PS2.
Possibly HM More Friends of Mineral Town.

"Take inspiration and innovate, but do not imitate."

Stardew Valley just imitated Harvest Moon. It didn't innovate much of anything. If it had, then people wouldn't be complaining. No point in playing Stardew Valley when it isn't better than HM64 or Friends of Mineral Town.

Eh. The only good portraits are from the times when the game just released, didn't see any good recent ones.

doesnt let you lynch the nigger

>that
>tumblr noses

I love HM 64 but there are aspects of it that make it very frustrating. SDV addresses a lot of that with improved game play mechanics. It plays a lot more seamlessly than 64 does.

No point in playing hm when starjew is not worse and has better graphics so? You seem biased.

Just looking at that pic reminds me to never marry that slutty karen

slut

Although it is clearly heavily influenced by Harvest Moon, since we haven't had a good HM game in forever, and it's highly unlikely we ever will again, as well as this is the work of one person, and isn't being sold at a AAA price, I really don't see any reason to complain. That fucker done some great work with Stardew to be honest, and I'm glad for it.

>red and shiny noses
>not tumblr noses

But that's not AWL

Thanks but I'll take the slut over all the amish bitches.

>and has better graphics
But it doesn't. The portraits are awful, all sprites that weren't directly inspired out of HM (ie, not the animals) look awful and the perspective of buildings and other stuff is all over the place, all while clashing with the sprites themselves.

BTN/FoMT for pure farming.
MM for pure farming and a few welcome gimmicks.
Everything else after that has too many gimmicks.

FoMT

Yes we know, there are a lot of pretty disturbing mods for SDV. Which is the story of every game that's relatively easy to mod.

Get some glasses, user. Only a few are any notably redder then their normal skin tone.

those tits

64 Karen>BtN Karen

>Monstergirls
>Disturbing

Back to plebbit

k

You go back to /d/ you nigger.

>353680669
Something the matter?

I liked being able to buy property in that game, wasn't such a fan of the noises the guy made when powering tools and how long it took for the exhausted animations to play, but that's the gayest subtitle for any game I've ever played.

A Wonderful Life/Another Wonderful Life will always be my favorites. So relaxing.

This is surprisingly fun for a intended babbys first harvest moon game.

These images just brought a flood of memories back I didn't even know I had. I know these characters.

I'm remembering being obsessed with this game around when it was first released, despite not ever actually owning or playing it.

I remember spending hours looking up fan sites for it, and coming across one that had a page dedicated to fanfic.
Some of those fan stories were so goddamn long, hundreds of pages.
I remember being enthralled by them. Especially the ones that focused on romantic plots.
Somehow I don't think I found any lewd material.

I must have been around nine years old? Did I suppress these memories or something?

i loved MM. i didn't really like the art style and the dialogue system was garbage but it had so much stuff to do. i had a lot of fun getting all the people to move in to my town. also it brought back the STH characters who i always liked.

Not that guy, but people were comparing Stardew Valley to HM64 and Friends of Mineral Town. And while Stardew Valley is an indie game, it still has an uglier design than a 15 year old GBA game. It looks like an isometric Terraria. Friends of Mineral Town on the other hand looks crisper and brighter, even on a shitty 240i resolution. Because its design is better than Stardew Valley.

>posting a fucked up resized jpeg because your point is so shitty you need to make the image quality worse for it to hold up

Make way for best girl.

That's harvest moon on snes retards.

Fuck you Karen is just misunderstood
I wish I could gay marry Cliff though

Thats a huge problem when that looks better than stardew then

Trio of Towns localized hopefully soon.

Please hurry up Xseed.

Wasn't this best-girl material glitched out in the english versions and unable to be married?
Something like that happened and I remember just spending the rest of the time making hot chocolate and being single.

rune factory 4

no contest unfortunately

64 Cliff sure was best boy. Rick was probably second, fucker fixed up all my music boxes like a champ even if he was hardly ever open for business.

Make way for worst girl

I wish a violent tornado would carry her off to a solitary island that would subsequently suffer a massive earthquake

>Not that guy, but people were comparing Stardew Valley to HM64 and Friends of Mineral Town.

Wow, its like you can't even read the first sentence of a post.

My man.

Definitely worth emulating

So your argument now is that it instantly looks bad because it's on SNES? Please, if it was a NES game we could negotiate, but SNES games in general aged so well that they're the go to thing with the indie shitters. "Retro 16 bit graphics!" and whatnot.

Take your nostalgia goggles off.
HM64 and BtN both look ugly and FoMT is just a lgiht more ugly version of BtN. Only snes one looked good and still has charm. But you can shit on the game as much as you want. It's popular fot christ's sake, it's Cred Forums's duty to hate it now.

Uhm...Yes? That was my point.

>if you don't marry cecilia she gets forced into an arranged marriage with an invisible man and her family hates you
>if you don't marry muffy she turns into a depressed alcoholic roastie that bar goers pump n' dump but never put a ring on
>if you don't marry naomi she leaves for a while because nobody wants to put up with a moody freeloader
>you have to put up with painfully slow loading times in the special edition just to marry the secret best girl

Relaxing but also pretty damn depressing at times.

How can a coalburner be this pure?

What are differences between 64, BtN, FOTM?

Not the dude you are arguing with but one of my problems with the game is just.. the portraits. They are really off putting.

There are mods for that thankfully. I like some of the ideas in Stardew Valley.

Last problem (although a big one) it that there seems to be missing something. I've put in a lot of hours into the game. I've worked hard at it and everything but there is something that just doesn't "click" that well.

>HM64 and FoMT look worse than the SNES game
>I'll just keep comparing an SNES game to Stardew Valley, hey look Stardew Valley wins!

You're just proving that Stardew Valley fans are as cancerous as its creator.

64 is a kind of sequel to SNES.
BTN was going to be a port of 64 but turned into a spin-off.
FoMT is an enhanced remake of BTN.

wait....which one are you trying to make look good.....lol.......

how are the recent 3DS harvest moons (a new beginning/the lost valley/story of seasons)? any worth picking up?

Stardew valley still looks worse because it has no consistency between graphics. Perspective of stuff is everywhere, the palettes are everywhere, they couldn't even be assed to be consistent with the shadows. Stardew valley just looks like an indie pixel art game by an amateur pixel artist.

Where did I say it wins? People said it has worse graphics than a fucking game boy game. It does not. It is literally the same style as HM1. Which is still the most beautiful of early hm games. SV looks as good, it's not better.
None?

The game on the right looks better. Literally all the game on the left has is a larger resolution. But all the sprites from Harvest Moon look better.

What are you trying to prove?

It depends on which copy of the game you got. Some copies are bugged and some aren't. Basically, you and me both got unlucky as fuck and weren't able to wife best girl

I hear Story of Seasons was pretty good. The new one "Trio of Towns" is suppose to come out in 2017.

>a tool chest is the same height as an ale barrel and a pot
>a tree looks like its lying on the ground instead of rising into the air

Yeah. That's just bad.

>went bankrupt

Fuuuuuck what? But RF4 was so damn good

Lost Valley isn't an actual HM game. It is just using the name. Stay away from it.
All proper HM games after A New Beginning will be called Story of Seasons.

ANB is pretty slow and grindy.
SoS is good, but also slow. It picks up the pace once you put some time into it.

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns is the latest game and hasn't been localized yet. It's really good. Much better than the first SoS.

Neverlands went bankrupt but Marvelous acquired their IPs and staff.

Marvelous hired them all again so now the SoS and RF teams work in the same building.

it kind of bugs me that the BTN versions of characters are the ones that are used in everything when the 64 ones were the originals and the family relationships made more sense in it.

>Doug, Rick, Gray and Ann are close family in 64
>spread over three different families in BtN

There hasnt been a good hm since psx/n64

They went bankrupt after releasing RF4, but most of the staff got absorbed into their publisher. The rune factory team is still alive and they know people want a sequel.

There was a recent interview where they talked about RF5, so I expect it in the future.

>A fenced-off area for four patches of grass

HM64 is by far one of my favorite games. I still play it to check up on my waifu Popuri.

The 3ds ones have been some of the best so far. But you have to suffer through the first year first so its very understandable why people dislike then

My problem with AWL was that it was boring. Everything is pretty much handed to you. Including house upgrades. The only cool thing to do was mix different veggies.

>Push The Start

What did they mean by this?

Rune Factory 4 is far and away the best farm simulator ever made and spoiled every other non-RF game for you.

Sad to say, the only cure is for RF5 to exist and be even better.

Friends of mineral town and AWL.
Had the N64 version as a kid but hated it.

>This is the best Harvest Moon now shut the fuck up.

>Natume Inc.
don't read too much into it, Natsume was just as retarded in the 90s as they are today.

You posted it. HM64 has the perfect balance of time management. Everything runs like a well oiled machine when you find your rhythm

>Cecilia forced into an arranged marriage
Source? If so it's probably because she's a damn recluse. I remember when I married her she would never leave the house.

Is there a way to emulate RF4?

I don't want to play on my 3DS.

her heart events are all about her dealing with the engagement and stuff. but as far as i could tell if you don't marry her she actually doesn't go through with it. she still lives with Marlin and Vesta and i don't remember her ever mentioning a husband.

>save file glitched out after putting tons of hours into it
first time I ever cried over a video game

How is it better than back to nature?

Holy shit all I see is "waa it's not the same" Make something yourself. There's plenty of games where they mix up perspective and it's fine

Its p much like the Sims. Nobody has any sexual preference, gay shit is treated just like straight shit. Anybody can fuck anybody and nobody says anything about it.

You're really putting things in my mouth if you can infer that the reason I think it looks like shit is "it's not the same". Like wow.

I'm not even comparing it to Harvest Moon because for the most part the HM games aren't that pretty, I just think Stardew Valley is piss ugly and it rally shows that the guy who made it was an amateur pixel artist.

Didn't one of the original artists leave CF when they were producing Stardew Valley which is why a lot of the portraits changed?

Why doesn't he just sickle the plant in front of him?

>And it doesn't help that the games art looks like shitty western fanart of Scooby Doo.
lmaoooooooooooo it really does

Stardew Valley was made by just one guy, his art style just changed.

I like how they made Maru white.

BTN/64 have thier own pro's and cons, but 64 has the better overall charm/characters, while BTN has more recipes/better farm management/other misc things to add onto it game wise.

BTN has better gameplay, 64 has better characters, dialogue and events.

That's about it yeah, and then FoMT is just BTN on the go. least til ps1 emulation on mobile/vita came along

The art style in SDV strikes me as sort of an odd cross between Harvest Moon and Chrono Trigger. I'm kind of partial to it.

Regardless of her skin color she has the worst vanilla portrait in the game.

It reminds me a lot of Chrono Trigger.

It reminds me more of Lufia 2 remade in RPG maker. Using Terraria assets.

Holy shit Harvey is actually a decent husbando now
What the fuck was the original artist thinking giving him that disgusting nu-stache?

Where? The ones on steam are awful and so are the "diversity" ones.

I'd go and check the official site if I were you.

alright thanks.

The original portraits are all terrible save for about three of them. If you're going to play SDV the very first thing you should do is mod the portraits. It's a completely retard-proof mod as well. You just have to replace the files in the portrait folder.

Original seb was cute. Alex was pretty hunky. The women are all trash. The other guys are trash. Got some good links to some portrait mods?

Just google the chucklefish stardew forum or try nexus mods. Most of them only offer changes to the marriage candidates but there are a few that overhaul the entire village.

I'd definitely go for HM64, solely because of the festivals.

It makes the game much more lively and makes you watch the calendar almost everyday so you don't miss them.

Also the waifus and husbandos are all top tier. Except Karen, fuck Karen.

>That Elli
CUTE

>gay shit is treated just like straight shit
Except for one case. You get get unique dialogue with grandpa if you gay marry Alex. It's pretty much just, "I was against your relationship at first, but seeing you two so happy made me change my mind."

Is that supposed to be Leah?

>implying any grandpa nowadays wouldn't chop off both their dicks
WELL YOU WANT TO BE A FAGGOT, SONNY? THEN YOU DON'T NEED THIS

Grandpa ain't gonna do shit to the person who hooks him up with leeks on the regular.

Prejudice has its limits.

I feel like going back and giving Tale of Two Towns and Grand Bazaar another try.

I originally bought a 3DS exclusively for Rune Factory 4 and it was worth it.

>Anybody can fuck anybody and nobody says anything about it.
Pretty much. Is it that hard to have a few people diss on you for your choice? Where's the drama, the suspense? No fun allowed, that's for sure.

>all those shitty tumblr anime mods
Well, at least there's some that look normal.

>from now on, we will never be able to have a Harvest Moon thread without it devolving into a Stardew Valley circlejerk

Kek, still going to be hard for ghost grandpa to do anything.

>Turned Rick into a racist chicken farmer

COME ON GODDAMMIT

Rune Factory: Frontier is the best harvest moon.

heres the best ive found
community.playstarbound.com/threads/mod-singles-portraits-beautify.107957/

Anybody know how to get the inventory rotator to work in the new update? That's pretty much a fucking required mod because the inventory system in Stardew is shit.

>Rune Factory: Frontier is the best harvest moon.

NOPE
community.playstarbound.com/threads/diverse-stardewvalley-alex.109748/

Harvest Moon is dead. We need something to talk about to chase away the 404.

>time to talk about havrest moon!
>stardew valley general

He's right though if you mod out runeys

Fuck off no.

Harvest Moon: It's a Wonderful Life on Gamecube is the only correct answer, any other answer is wrong and trash.

Probably the comfiest game I've ever played in my entire life, and all the girls were top-tier waifu material.

That's a pretty sikh mod for Harvey.

Isn't RFF the one where you can make a girl go bulimic?

Why do people find it hard to play games without Diversity in it?

Hero of leaf valley is a psp port of Save the Homeland without the 1 year ending, right? I would have loved it if only I had a psp.

Save the Homeland and Magical Melody are my favorites in the series. Loved all characters in StH, so naturally when they came back in MM I was really happy.

AWL was fun too, but I don't think I got past the 2nd year because of how slow it got with nothing happening.

>the Asian is the carpenter

I mean with all that railroad building and all...

biggest problem with AWL is it is stupidly long and the "town" is very quiet/dead, though that 2nd one is purely opinion, i just didnt like how quiet everything was outside of the farm

What no, she goes on an honest diet and exercise. You just need to encourage her... or just keep her fat and marry anyway

Lack of political correctness makes morons uncomfortable.

I find it hard to accept any media when they just shove diversity into it for no reason. See Star Wars Episode VII or Phantom of the Opera.

"Hey look guys, we put a black guy in! So progressive! So diverse! Nevermind he doesn't add to the story. The point is, he's there and my product is better for it!"

Rick was probably the worst BTN change and since they use BTN characterization for everything now, he's now the real Rick. it's fucking bullshit.

Because they grew up in the 1990s when everything had REALLY CONSPICUOUS amounts of diversity. Every friend group had a black guy, an Asian chick, a brown person of some description, a blonde, a brunette, and a kid in a wheelchair. Every time.

it's not a port of STH, actually, it's STH on steroids. it's a totally new game but with the same characters, setting, and general premise. the game doesn't end in one year, there are a lot more 'endings', the village is better, there are actually horse races and stuff, and you can actually marry your waifu at the end. i just wish you could be a girl and marry the husbandos, because i really like the STH bachelors. you could try it on the psp emulator now, probably.

>Taco Bell kids club

>the kid in the wheelchair is named "Wheels"

>Not backyard baseball

>black guy
>Mexican kid
>blonde chick
>Lesbian
>time traveler
>huge fucking nerd
>handicapped kid
>and a fucking dog

diversity

>mfw i still have my bk kids klub kard

Jaws looks exactly like Tim from the Magic School Bus. They even have matching big lips.

Rune Factory isn't Harvest Moon any more, they dropped the title from 3 and on. As such, their focus on gameplay steered from HM. RF3&4 NPCs don't have their own lives, they just have dialogues. RF 3&4 NPCs don't marry anyone, and they don't make any children. Modern RF is just a more freeroam action RPG with farming theme.

>Make way for worst girl

This, here, is true worst Harvest Moon girl.

actually
community.playstarbound.com/threads/dewmetrius-valley-scientifically-controversial.109303/

>The (I'm guessing) Hispanic kid is named lingo
>He's probably bilingual
Kek

oh, yeah, no contest. holy fucking shit. A New Beginning had some weird marriage options, Allen was kind of odd too. nowhere near Michelle's level though.

>Suggesting that 64 is the best when BtN is better in every fucking way

I might look into it, thanks. Gwen was my first and only waifu thanks to that game.

I wish I was that little boy playing an HM game again without a care. Now I'm a stressed out adult who maximizes profit and needs to be proficient in all things.

>tfw J.D. is dead by now, Jaws is in jail, Lingo is deported, Wheels is dead, Kid Vid killed himself due to bullying, Snaps is a tumblrina, Kid Vid is now Adult Bluray, and Boomer gets paid to take off her bloomers.

underrated post

Wheels clearly has the use of his arms and his wheelchair is electrically driven.

What a lazy fuck.

>Kid Vid is now Adult Bluray
>Kid Vid killed himself due to bullying
WHICH IS IT user

i think that's why i liked HoLV because, if i'm remembering right, it had pretty simple farming just like STH did. i guess that's a con, but by having simpler farming mechanics instead of a thousand different maker sheds like the 3DS games i actually played the game in a comfy manner instead of autistically minmaxing for profit.

why not both?

>reading fanfics on hmfarm

what is life

rune factory 4

Next you'll be writing shitty fanfics.

Can I get a link to that interview senpai?

It feels like it's been long enough that we should start hearing about RF5.

Good taste.

>tfw stuck at the lighthouse on Whale Island for two fucking years because I never bothered learning how runeys work.

>cut weed, sell at vendor, buy seedmaker. the game
town is too big/spreadout
most of the animals feels useless to get

i admit the game has comfy waifus with character tho

The worst part is that I remember there being a harvest moon with co-op being developed by our own aggy diggy and I think they faded into nothingness because they were starting to show pictures around the release of stardew valley.

>Natume
Every time

everybodyplays.co.uk/news/Rune-Factory-News-Marvelous-tease-Rune-Factory-5/2189

It's so needlessly complicated adn the worst part is that the longer you spend ignoring them the more time it takes to fix them. There should have just been an option to move runeys around the map via "magic" rather then having to suck them up, and place them elsewhere, for days upon weeks upon months til the system's in place.

I wanna know what happens if you choose 2. Never married Dolce.

Despite it having the least content and a few cryptic things like having to hug the dog 100 times for the perfect ending, I really like the SNES one. Probably also nostalgia, I have a lot of memories playing it with my sister.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBsYtIBNG_0
youtube.com/watch?v=OGTa-iyhn28

Nothing, its just fluff conversation

The SNES game is a marvel, considering it was basically made by 3 guys in about a year. It was equivalent to an indie game back when indie games didn't exist.

That said, I can never finish it because by year 2, I already have everything and I just end up milking cows and watering crops. And it doesn't help that after you get 10 cows, the game lags.

she kills you, and pico kills your ghost

yeah dealing with a full barn and a full coop in SNES Harvest Moon is fucking torture, the last time i played it i just waited until the last possible minute before getting full barn/coop so i wouldn't have to deal with that shit.

>pico
Shouldn't that fucker be in school?

only certain people can see her

>tfw I'm too old for Cred Forums now

There's a really good GDC talk about HM SNES development. They were basically working unpaid overtime 23 hours a day and sleeping in the studio. Pretty cool stuff

Excuse me, I'm going to go marry Dolce real quick.

I remember playing Island of Happiness but I can't remember if it was good or not. How was it actually?

Sunshine Islands fixed most of the crap with that one. No more forced touch controls (Stamina and Crop water/sun are still weird though)

>a few cryptic things like having to hug the dog 100 times for the perfect ending
Or only shipping 511 crops because shipping 512 makes the crop count loop around back to zero.

The score thing is weird but I always thought it was pretty cool. I still replay snes harvest moon sometimes and try to get a really good score.

>leah is a completely different person

really what the fuck, she's not even remotely similar anymore