GOD TIER MOVEMENT

Games that feel good just to move around in.

For me some examples would be the Megaman Zero series, Ninja Gaiden, Warframe.

Symphony of the night was pretty good when you had all of your forms unlocked. Super metroid too with shinesparkinh

shameless op bump

If I loved the X and Zero games but hated Classic, what are some similar games that can satisfy that itch for solid 2d movement / action?

I'll bump because I need this in my life as well.
MGSV felt good to run around in at least. A dagger class in Dragon's Dogma felt good with Instant reset and the Sanic skill.

Azure Striker Gunvolt. The level design is worse than any Mega Man game, but seeing that you don't like Classic that might not be a problem.

Sweet, have the striker pack coming in the mail tomorrow. Just need to find time to play it.

ZX

Hyper Light Drifter is pretty awesome in that regard once you unlock dash

AM2R

Strider games.
Spider-Man 2

>If I loved the X and Zero games but hated Classic

Odin Sphere. The remake at least.
Sonic.

Xenoblade X.
Running and jumping, plus flying and driving in your Skell all feel amazing.

MY FINGERS HURT JUST BY SEEING DISSHIT

Mirrors Edge movement is so damn invigorating, that one is obv tho

YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH

super metroid and especially some of the better hacks like redesign or super zeromission with the charge keep.

melee

shill pls

Gex

Super Smash Bros: Melee for the Nintendo Gamecubeā„¢

Smash bros melee have the sickest movement in any game, its super smooth and its impossibe to move perfectly at all time so it basically has infinite skill ceiling.

You also fight other players so it got infinite replay value.

Crysis
Halo 1-3
Tribes Ascend
Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Gravity Rush

pretty much

baiting waveland-back f-smash is the greatest feeling in the world

Does anyone remember this?

Merryo 64

Could be tighter. I'm hype for GR2.

Late game Risk of Rain
Journey
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (free roam)
Flower
I thought Armored Core 4 and 4A had some nice movement
ZoE 2nd Runner
Sonic Generations
Little Big Planet
Jet Set Radio
Muramasa Rebirth
Dust Force
Malicious: Rebirth

Rayman origins/legends
Bionic Commando 2009
Tron Evolution
Spiderman 2, Ultimate Spiderman, Spiderman: Web of shadows
DBZ budokai tenkaichi 2 & 3
Armored core excluding V and VD
Titanfall
Speedrunners
Jet set radio

Ghost in the shell for ps1 fun game. Movement reminded me some of thr avp alien with how you could go on walls an shit

>strg + f
>no quake

what the fuck is wrong with this garbage board?

adding some more
Strike Vector
Strike Suit Zero/Infinity infinity is better
Secret Ponchos
Cloudbuilt

Just post "Quake" and get over it

SSX 3

ptsd

I was just about to add all of those except for Secret Ponchos, nice taste, user

actually doesnt suprise me, this fucking board is mostly just for casuals and people who hates real video games.

the people here only stay for dank memes and other retarded shit and not for video games.

You spent your whole time masturbating to the idea that only you like games instead of actually posting a game that you like.

Congratulations, you are what you hate

I heard Gunvolt 2 had some drastic improvements on the level design, and Copen was just more interesting to play too.

Melee. Aria of sorrow. X

metal gear rising

Super Smash Bros. Melee feels very good to move in. When you think about it, smash is really a platformer set within the larger fighting game genre.

When you take this fact into consideration in my opinion Melee built upon the great foundation of 64 in that it is even more a product of what happens when you mesh the gameplay of platformers with that of fighting games. Melee is the best at displaying this particular best-of-both-worlds game design within the smash series unfortunately. Due to sakurai's strange dislike of the concept of people utilizing the game mechanics to the fullest in order to git gud, Brawl and Smash 4 have both taken steps away from this fundamental design philosophy of meshing the best feeling mechanics of two different genres. I really wish they would have explored this gameplay concept more as the series went on rather than taking mechanics away in favor of boasting about having a fuckhuge roster

People who like games are actually playing games, it's been this way for quite some time. Thinking Cred Forums is full of anything but bitter old autists and casual memefags is just delusional.

Also, I haven't seen super meat boy in this thread yet.

not true senpai
baiting someone to run in and DJ waveland back dairing off a platform is #1
getting and edgeguard with a shine turnaround aerial off a platform waveland is fantastic as well but I haven't done that against anyone but scrubs yet

Whoops, began writing this before the anons above mentioned melee, that being said I think I explained why it should be included in this thread better those other guys.

Playing hermit in early Maplestory always did this trick for me.

I shinespiked my buddy the other day, felt breddy gud

Can I 20XX yet?

this

>No Vanquish mentioned
Step it up

looks like a 4 year old playing

you're on the right path for sure. how are those multishines coming? do your hands hurt yet?

I'm not liking the pauses.

have you ever played metroid before?

not the guy you quoted but for starters am2r is not a real metroid.
the game is way to linear(no fusion is different) for a metroid game. also dont get me started on the cheap mugen-like look and horrible level design.

Was keeping momentum when you jump too much to ask?

Max Pain

You mean as linear as metroid 2? The game it is based off of you fucking idiot

Classic Sonic games
/thread

Only beat Metroid 1. I'm in the middle of playing original Metroid 2, having fun.

your opinion is wrong

no,

yeah, and you can guess why nintendo never thought about remaking it.
it was shit, even for its time.

The only downside about this game is that's too easy.

Also Mario 64 and Sunshine once you get the Turbo Nozzle.

No /thread, because it's not fun to be fast but constantly run into shit because you can't see it coming.

Nah nigga I main the captain, I haven't dabbled in the sacrificial hand offering that is playing fox at a high level, I've only ever played him for shits and gigs and falco seems more fun to me anyway

I love you Zero.

Don't mention Sunshine on here bro. Last time I did I got a bunch of ass blasted virgins shit talking Sunshine. I don't much like that.

What did they say about it?

DOOM feels damn move around in after you get the double jump

I don't recall because I one of my favorite Mario games doesn't deserve criticisms!
but really I don't recall the reasoning for the hate towards Sunshine.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, user.
Sunshine is a very ambitious Mario game, tried to change a lot of things and came when Nintendo was ready to make big changes in the way it presented it's games (adding voice acting, making them more cinematic and story-centric), maybe that's why a lot of people found it odd.

I'm not being sarcastic. I've met opposition towards Sunshine on here. Believe me or not, I don't care.

NINJA

FIVE

And that's fine, that's called "having an opinion".
Mind blowing, I know...

just thought of some more
contra hard corps uprising
infamous 1 & 2
descent
Warhawk
quite a few kirby games
dissidia final fantasy

N and its sequels have always felt good to move in
New doom w/ speed boost and air control rule is pure sex as well
Once you learn that the Dodge is a charge, FURI works out really well too

Furi

DMC4 Dante/Vergil

Super Mario World is pure movement sex

Anyone with an air dash in fighting games.

Xenoblade Chronicles X.
>Dat run speed
>Dat jump height
>No fall damage
>No bullshit stamina meter
>All dem mountain goating locations
Literally the best.

>No bullshit stamina meter
Stamina meters are the worst thing ever put into video games with real time movement. It's legitimately no fun allowed.

Melee

Tribes: Ascend
rip

I'd say, as Fox, running forward, shine-turning and then back-airing with the original forward momentum is really satisfying

Shame about the melee attack

the parkour is cool af but the movement is mediocre. there are simpler games like Lemma with more responsive movement.

You can use it to bounce off walls and enemies and then combo into slow-mode, whats the problem?

It popping your suits overheat was never an issue for me because it doesn't do it until you land.

YEAH YEAH YOU READY!?

why do people always say Dustforce? I couldn't get into it because the movement was so heavy and loose.

This
Dustforce is a much slower and clunkier game than I thought it'd be. I would S rank levels and think to myself afterwards that it didn't feel that great. It's a shame.

fucking seriously

this game was so fun

Terranigma is just a joy to play. I made a video review if anyone is interested

I loved the Zero saga, 3 is one of my favorite games ever. Should I pick up Azure Striker Gunvolt?

do it

I tried this everywhere but asshole blocked my way up cliffs by sort of folding the edges of the cliff like a pie crust kinda. Happened a lot in the desert area.

I know there are some things to not like about it, but once you could fluently connect all the movement options in Sunset Overdrive, it was godlike.

Prototype

And to a lesser extent, the sequel.

Dying Light. The Parkour and best city ever made.
Saints Row IV. Best superhero game ever.
Renegade Ops. Really fun fast twinstick.

Yes.
Renegade ops was such a fun time.

>Ninja Gaiden
Hell yeah. This includes both the original ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden for xbox. Not to forget DOA3U, the only move I couldn't do was Ryu's Izuna drop. It hurt my fingers.

FEAR COMBAT was the most fluid multiplayer FPS I ever got a chance to play.

>Otogi
>NGB
>Megaman and Bass

Bayo 1+2

It's pretty fun to just mess around with the guards.

my niggas. spider-man 2 is some kind of wonderful.

>warframe combat will forever be stuck in a shitty grind
>no dev will even bother to try and emulate how fucking streamlined that parkour is
movement not being hindered when going backwards was a huge part of it

I want underaged to leave...

terror was an incredibly fun mechanic and made me replay the game several times just to do shit like throw bodies at guards to make them freak out or go ham with the flesh eating insects.

first one that comes to mind is clustertruck

good stuff. not enough duels.

Any fighting game with fast walkspeed (not talking about dashes)

SF2, SF alpha, smash.

I will always be pissed at the fact that Samus in Smash will never be a fastfaller with a high normal hop and ball curl "flip" animation.

Yes apparently.

I will forever be sad. We could have had a Smash 4 with 64 mechanics and a ton of new content and characters with updated graphics and art style.

Fuck.

She needs to be slow to make her bomb recovery work. Also being a heavy slow faller means she's one of the hardest characters to combo.

This. too bad its locked at 30FPS

DLC when?

>ctrl + f
>no jak and daxter

I'm not doubting she's a good character. I'd just love to see it is all.
If Samus was a fastfaller I'd probably main the shit out of her despite her new flaws associated with it.

they uploaded a 60fps beta last week

18 years later there still isn't a single good game that can scratch the same itch