Let's have another good Paper Mario thread

will we ever get a proper and good Paper Mario game again?

will Tabata and Tanabe ever release HD editions of PM64/TTYD? (pic related)

to the people that pirated/obtained Color Splash early, what are your thoughts on it?

my thoughts:
>humor is good
>graphics are great
>gameplay is still sticker star (i.e. awful)
>shy guys are the best characters in game
>Huey actually fucks off after "death" unlike Kersti (big improvement from Kersti too)
6.8/10 - You're better off playing a visual novel or movie game at this point

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!JZZiDTjR!Hed53cOKDEMsBj8Bs6c-liJo4m7hai33vZZY7sOrLkU
mega.nz/#!VIo0BRgB!55B94iPHOM6onXFStDbFpndTBqtlX8Awuqx-xrz8r6o
mega.nz/#!BY4RDKga!M5G3TKkrvm5xZJ0AGphYwbm2xDLPNrog-Sb-ASIjbPA
mega.nz/#!gNhyDJwa!V7QMMhhL14llllNpnYLJ8nyDuLC48-eX5GBf18u1sBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the great debate

some one ripped some assets from Cuck Splash
mega.nz/#!JZZiDTjR!Hed53cOKDEMsBj8Bs6c-liJo4m7hai33vZZY7sOrLkU
mega.nz/#!VIo0BRgB!55B94iPHOM6onXFStDbFpndTBqtlX8Awuqx-xrz8r6o
mega.nz/#!BY4RDKga!M5G3TKkrvm5xZJ0AGphYwbm2xDLPNrog-Sb-ASIjbPA
mega.nz/#!gNhyDJwa!V7QMMhhL14llllNpnYLJ8nyDuLC48-eX5GBf18u1sBo

go wild people

>Aboslutely

Give up OP, they will never release it even if the petition have over a million subscribers
PM is dead, and we will only get it back if tanabe gets fired, and even then it is a huge maybe

I rather just try at least once than just leaving it alone

If i see Sticker Star 3 again right after they released an HD redention of 64/TTYD that was successful as well, i'll pack it up and heading to the zeronet or MFGG to do some hack of PM64

>hack

Because that worked so well for AM2R.

Color Splash rules!

POST THE SLURP GIRL EDIT

AM2R wasn't a hack, it was a game made from the ground up
If the creator had used custom graphics and mapdesign, he could have sold it
Besides pokemon hacks are still a thing and no one bothers with them, only hack I heard taht was taken down was project M
Also fuck off cody

Put your name back on Cody you shit

neat, i want to fuck around making a paper mario game in unity. might as well use these in there.

Pokemon hacks are being taken down all the time. Uranium, I believe, is the most recent example.

And lol, A2MR was built to be a remake of II by using visuals similar to Zero Mission. It would never have flown as an original project the way Freedom Planet or even Axiom Verge has.

Uranium isn't a hack either, and the creators took it down themselves because of the AM2R thing

mario files are locked by password, what is it

Project M wasn't really taken down, it was still being developed 'til the devs behind it quit to work on something not infringing on Nintendo's IPs.

>mario files are locked by password
Ripper here. Pass is "colortrash".

>Other M rules!
What did he mean by this?

freedom planet was literal trash

Honestly glad taxman will fix that game up since he's on board with FP2

Still wont beat based Sonic Mania

Also, urainium devs voluntarly took down the game our of fear.

>there is a fucking paper mario game for the n64 i've not known about
I-i have to go

ProjectMBuddha and the guy who leaked the concept art said Warchamp was the real reason why PM is gone

Took a newfag lawyer's advice and wanted to help Wavedash games to clear a path and gain a free audience.

Also a big sm4shfag, he's no better than sakurai. Especially when he didnt replace the shitty announcer.

Play it user, you're gonna enjoy it

I HOPE YOU ENJOY WASTING TIME COOKING JUST TO SEE SHIT TURN INTO OTHER SHIT MUCH TO YOUR DELIGHT

pm>smrpg>>>>m&l

debate

how new?

superstar saga sucks
De bait

You know, I really like the paper aesthetic that's applied in the worlds, in CS. It makes it look like a teather, just like how old Paper Mario looks like a storybook.

>It isn't identical to the previous and therefore terrible

Every thread someone says it, and every thread I say:
People want a balance between the old and new. No one wants a straight up copy with minor changes, nor does anyone want a complete change of what an estabilished franchise is
What people want is a new game with mechanics built on the previous mechanics of the entry, new characters and a new interesting story. Why is it so hard to understand? I guess shitposters gotta shitpost

>humor is good
How does it feel being underage?

>it's new so it's automatically good
I can play too user

NEW & FRESH

Tie in term of general quality.
In terms of playing around with established elements, Mario & Luigi and it's not even close.
On that note, which of the two series will be the first to include this handsome devil?

>it's a "new" shitty game, so its a masterpiece
t. Sunshinefag

How old are you?

Be easy user

He's currently jumping up and down just dying to play the first game

Likely M&L

>future of 3d mario will likely be more Super Mario 3D shit
>future of 2d mario is likely Run and more NSMB shit
>future of Mario spiboff will be more ND cube trash and olympics game noone cares about
>future of RPGs will be another bore/mediocre-tier/non-proper title (dream team and sticker star)
>64 will never get it true follow up, neither Galaxy
>Wario everything is still dead
>DK still on MvDK life support after TF
>Yarn Yoshi was probably a swan song for the series
>no slopes in SMM
We need to make Mario great again guys.

>>DK still on MvDK life support after TF
Tropical Freeze was great tho

Take solace in the fact that DK can't die.

Donkey Kong is easily more well known than even Super Mario Bros. Even old ass people know who Donkey Kong is.

already played it in hd

will never get it true follow up

Not from Nintendo. There is an N64 romhack called Star Road though, it's almost like a true sequel.

Yeah i know

Its still getting those shitty spinoffs again

Hoping retro isnt done with DKC just yet, they have to resurrect 3D DKC as well soon

>I cannot take a joke.

Color splash graphics > HD vectors of TTYD sprites

Also people supporting the release to prove nintendo wrong about that shitty Club Nintendo questionaire only japanese CN users were accounted in

Sadly, the sales weren't spectacular. I think it at least made it to a million at this point, but compared to the past Donkey Kong Country installments and the work that went into the game it could have performed much better.

Star Rod isn't a romhack, it's a tool

Thanks for that screenshot. I was hoping someone would upload that.

I'm sorry but if you think slightly improved graphics are worth $60 then you are just a lost cause

Should have used the rip that user posted for the last panel

Reminder

>slightly
Durr

Guess what Battle Card this is.

SM64 Star Road
Not the Star Rod tool, ya dunderhead

A micro goomba

Dickbutt

Surprised m&l hasn't already. Especially after Paper Jam

why people got attached this series I will never know.

I even played TTYD at the target age of around 8-9 years old, and I remember thinking it was boring, confusing, and laborous even at that age and dropped it after about two hours. I think it's the first game I ever dropped. meanwhile PM1 is a weird N64 teach demo that feels incomplete, and the rest of the series might as well not exist. what do people see in this? it's so entry level. there's so many better written and more imaginative RPGs out there.

hell it'd be like saying kirby air ride is your favorite racing game- you just settled for the first one you played as a kid and never explored further.

I played 64 when I was 7 and it is still my favorite game ever
Maybe it was because I was poor and I only had it and Mario Kart 64

>If we made one would you buy it?

>Absolutely.

Now who here is naive enough to actually believe this? Anyone with nostalgia glasses that tightly screwed on will just pirate at the first opportunity.

They couldn't tell andre to fuck off in a recorded interview. They won't do it

Maybe you're just not that good at video games.

Piratefags arent relevant

Unless its FedForce, but noone was gonna buy it anyways. Rentals and used games exist

I would buy it to tell them that this is what everyone wants
If everyone just pirates it again they will learn nothing

Wouldn't it make sense to remake the 64 game, first?

Or maybe remake them both and release them as some sort of collector's package?

Honestly i dont want any remake under current nintendo, i know they will fuck up somnehow

Its just very jarring that someone would know about TTYD and not PM. My 10-14 YO brothers all know about it.

A remaster of TTYD could only lead to disappointment.
Don't fucking tell me they could make it any better after what they've done.
Look at how many remasters fuck up the original charm or some shit. Worthier companies have tried and failed.

That would be a sensible choice which means it won't happen

Hadnt played TTYD but the style of PM1 seems better. Will I have the same impression after beating it?

There are some things that they could do to fix some of TTYD's issues though. The latter half of the game just has so much backtracking that cutting it in half would make it even better.

They'd probably get rid of the Danger Mario strategy by limiting the amount of badges you could get though. Or making it so you can't reduce your max HP under 10.

I think TTYD and SPM simply take the original game's look and polishes it up nicely.

643d and wwhd were great

Bump

What does it taste like?

Bread saturated with honey is my guess.

I want my old paper mario threads back

Shame, Command's core mechanics weren't even bad, but the game was too fucking repetitive.

I think Super Paper Mario has a ton of undeserved hate.

Discuss.

Mimi a cute

Actually its terrible because it IS identical to the previous.

only shitposters hate on it
it was a good game, everyone can see that
it also wasn't the paper mario everyone wanted, everyone can see that too

Well, at least some of it's mechanics came from Star Fox 2.

I know, but I don't think that, at its core, Command was a bad game. In fact I remember it very fondly, played it when I was like 11 (I think, it was like 10 years ago but I could be wrong).

However a recent review (by SomeCallMeJohnny) he brings up a lot of things that I didn't remember, and he's right, the game is too goddamn repetitive.

Kind of reminds me of how I feel about Sticker Star quite frankly: It had some good ideas (The Enigmansion, Sniffit or Whiffit, Petey Pirahna had an interesting fight gimmick and so did Gooper Blooper until he poisons you) and when they worked, they worked well... but when they didn't work, it was pretty bad and combat wasn't so much bad, but pointless.

>paper mario
>eyeballs

>tumblr file name

It would have been cool to see Poochy.

Took me forever to realize it but the Chain Chomp sprite used in Paper Mario is pretty much a downscaled Chomp Shark from Yoshi's Island

He can't "die", but death is not the worst fate an icon like him can face.

I hear he does stunts for Little Richard in gay movies

>sitewars

King Boo will show up in Paper Mario before Boohemoth does.

That's a garden variety big boo though.

ackshually it's an atomic boo

You don't want devs pushing the same shit out, it gets stale an uninspired.

If they want to do new things that's good.

Atomic Boo is a direct translation of the japanese name for Big Boo

how could you be so heartless user...

See

You tried.

Is there even a place to read translated super mario-kun?

The first few volumes (Super Mario World) are floating around somewhere, and it's recently been released in France. Other than that, it's hard to find pictures from later volumes, much less translations.

NEW & FRESH

>getting excited about remasters
This is why the Paper Mario fanbase is cancer

What debate? Play all 3, they're awesome.

According to Spanish Mariowiki, it's at Dream Team now.

>implying Shadow the Hedgehog couldn't have been good

Password?

Is it kinda bad that I'm willing to give this a shot with the "improved" writing from the last one?

1/2

2/2

Just watch a playthrough or something.
If you must someday own it, wait for a sale or for the price of the inevitable pre-used copies to go down.

Exodia The Forbidden One.

Does this mean Mario was actually killing his encounters in PM/TTYD/SPM? That retroactively makes the games, especially the Crag section of III a lot darker.

>will Tabata and Tanabe ever release HD editions of PM64/TTYD?

Reword the question. Will Tabata and Tanabe ever do something good?

Nah, in the first three games it was like 'agh, I've been defeated!' when you beat an enemy.

The point of the remaster would be to show Nintendo how much more the old games sell compared to the new shit ones so they stop making SS garbage.

The Mario RPGs go back and forth on whether Mario simply K.O.s or actually kills his opponents.

Holy smokes, Perry shows in the Partners in Time Arc.

More Evidence.

Fuck off we're in a bad situation here

t. Iizuka

t. Still can't participate in these threads because I'm at the 4th big Paint Star and I don't want shit spoiled for me.

Also, forever and always fuck Roshambo.

>posting on Cred Forums when youre gonna get spoiled
To: (You)

Also, huey fucks off instead of just dying completely or stay like kersti.

Have a good night user

If you get all the flags, Huey falls back into the fountain.