Monthly Gothic thread

Monthly Gothic thread.

I just realized there are a bunch of sweet mods for Gothic II that add so much fucking content.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UmY4y7rIh9A
youtube.com/watch?v=AGKNxNZlQfI
uesp.net/w/images/c/c9/DF-Lich_Sound.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=MXSmYFHgsSc
youtube.com/watch?v=Vw-j5j8LZDU
youtube.com/watch?v=XIb7CeRvZeE
youtube.com/watch?v=izIwHvxXmew
youtube.com/watch?v=siqO-z1ATaI
youtube.com/watch?v=603RVxzzbNY
youtube.com/watch?v=TynwIjNph8k
youtube.com/watch?v=-blqlqj4Qd0
youtube.com/watch?v=1Ebgjk0vtzY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also Elex looks like shit.

>starting a Gothic thread this late
The fuck are you doing, OP?

Also, ELEX will be great, just you wait. But it indeed does and will look like shit.

Finally managed to the get the DX11 renderer working on my PC

Why is Jharkendar so goddamn pretty?

Indeed
Returning 2.0
Dark saga
Velaya
Golden gate
Odysee
Requiem
All add a fucking shitton to play through
Only one i havent played yet is odysee i heard its like 8 big islands or something
Also if they have difficulty settings play on easy unless you want to have to constantly abuse bugs to survive and kill some of the tougher stuff

It just is

>have to cap fps at 25-30 otherwise gpu would melt
It still sits at around 80degrees but damn it looks so nice

I keep it capped at 60fps for no screen tearing

You know, as I look at these screenshots, I feel a long forgotten ptsd resurfacing. Is there an enemy more annoying than Swampgas Drones?

Did you ever try putting armor on a dragon or orc by using marvin mode?

Yeah enemies that dodge everysingle time you attack them

Dragon Snappers, Fire breathing lizards.

Goblin Skeletons? Although they are not quite dodging, so maybe there's something else I'm not remembering.

Dragon Snappers are just stronger Snappers, so I never found them annoying. If you can kill one you can kill the other. Now Fire Lizards really are a bitch in G2, unlike in G1 where they were rare but easy exp. It was the most shocking change beside G2's much deadlier Molerats and much weaker Zombies.

No i mean stuff like golems that backpeddle everytime you attack them and block all the damage

>be 10 years old in 2002
>stole daddies gothic 1 cd again
>dark, 2 am parents are asleep
>load daddies safefile
>at xardas old tower
>kill a zombie
>zombie death scream.

Havent touched the game for month after that.

Why is gothic so scareeee

took some swampweed lmao
time for some gothic

youtube.com/watch?v=UmY4y7rIh9A
>gothic has a zombie horde mod

youtube.com/watch?v=AGKNxNZlQfI
I have gone down the Gothic rabbit hole.

That fucking zombie scream is probably my second most memorable enemy sound right after Daggerfall's Liches: uesp.net/w/images/c/c9/DF-Lich_Sound.ogg

Fucking undead, man.

youtube.com/watch?v=MXSmYFHgsSc

Why do you slavs keep making shit in your slavic gibberish. Every time I look for Gothic parodies it's always done by a fucking ruskie or a potato. Every. Fucking. Time.

So I watched this thing. All two parts of it. And I still don't have the slightest idea what the fuck it was about.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vw-j5j8LZDU

i don't speak slav

bump

How can I get my Gothic II looking so nice?
Does it work for the first one as well? I might replay them both, I never did Gothic II's expansion.

It's the DX11 renderer. There's a DX11 mod for Gothic 1 as well but it's not as stable. That second pic is actually just vanilla with the system pack.

youtube.com/watch?v=XIb7CeRvZeE

wew lad

I've plaied Gothic 2 with dx11 past few months and only problem I have is it crashes every 2 hours or so. And because of that I reccomend that every once in a while you make a manual save along with quick save, in case it crashes while saving game (happened with me once).

Are you using version 17.4?

Yes

Did you try disabling SMAA?

I have not tried that, but I will tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

how many of those aren't german only

How long until PB or another developer studio takes their head out of their ass and creates a game that closely follows the formula of G1 and G2? You know, medium-sized, tightly-designed worlds with interesting NPCs and good mechanics?

>inb4 Risen was good
>inb4 Elex
>inb4 anything past Night of the Raven wasn't dogshit

The combat system is also pretty unique, and for some reason the developers are afraid of recreating it, despite the fact that it would literally work on both the gamepad and the keyboard and is more engaging than the cheap Fable combat knockoff.

I'm too afraid to start Gothic because I keep reading about bad controls. What should I do?

>>inb4 Risen was good
it was, 2 and 3 were bad but 1 was a literal Gothic game, down to the everything going to shit after chapter 1

Controls aren't bad, it's a meme made by casuals who are too fucking retarded to spend 5 minutes learning them. Afterwards they become immersive and unique, especially in human combat.

ignore retards that can't get used to an control scheme that is nowadays unconventional but can be rebound

I revisited Gothic a couple of weeks ago and I had to get used to the controls all over again, it really only takes a few minutes.

>you will never again chill with your novice bros around water pipe for the first time

youtube.com/watch?v=izIwHvxXmew

a reminder to any new players that weapon skill way more important than strength

youtube.com/watch?v=siqO-z1ATaI

>you will never go back to simpler times
>you will never have heated discussions with your friends about mysteries of gothic because you dont have internet
>you will never be in genuine awe and be filled with curiosity, fear and wonder while playing
>you will never enjoy things in live again beyond the surface "heh"

The controls are fucking great, they are just unusual for anyone used to the standardized control scheme games use today. But if you take the 15 minutes it takes to get used to it, you'll notice how logical and immersive it actually is.

heres another gothic highlight music
i know noones listening but i just have to
youtube.com/watch?v=603RVxzzbNY

G3's gay, and so is its music. youtube.com/watch?v=TynwIjNph8k

intro always reminds me of royal farts

every thread.

If my 12 years old had no problem with it you won't either.

if theres anything thats better in later PB installments its the music
It's preformed by live orchestra too, while g1 and g2 were not
youre a plebean

youtube.com/watch?v=-blqlqj4Qd0

ELEX will have good melee combat, honest.
No, seriously, I think they might be finally taking it in the right direction again, rolling notwithstanding.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Ebgjk0vtzY

What do you mean? It looks exactly the same as their previous recent games, just a tad more polished. The system from 1 and 2 is fucking perfect, it just needed some tweaking. Don't know why they changed it.

Well, because of consoles, but that's beside the point.

Gothic is totally playable on a console. They changed it because keyboard controls were out of fashion. Honestly the only keyboard and mouse game that has good melee combat to me is Mount and Blade and I don't think it would mesh well with Gothic.

Mostly because from what I've heard they are genuinely trying to fix some issues of the previous systems.

For example if I understand correctly what they are going for with the new combo system, you no longer have to repeat the same move in order to get the combo benefits, but can chain different kind of swings as long as you do it within some time and target limits. This is great, because especially in Risen, it was rather annoying how it gave you fuckton on moves, but it you for example wanted to do a later after a forward swing, not only would there be a long pause, but your combo would reset. Which is kind of shit when your first two swings in the change always do less damage that the third.

Another thing they are addressing is that how retarded it was that although heavier weapons like hammers or two-hander swords have a slower attack speed, you can sanic speed around your enemies anyway with dodge. They said in ELEX heavier weapons will also affect your movement speed and shorten your dodge range.

This latter is pretty experimental, but I really hope they pull it off, because it would be fucking genius.

In this case they probably changed it because of the modern console audience, not because the particular control scheme cannot be done on a gamepad.