Why don't you play me anymore?

Why don't you play me anymore?

1. Carpal tunnel
2. 150cc got boring and 200cc is retarded
3. High VR rooms are a clusterfuck and getting top 3 is close to a miracle

i do

Because Cred Forums went full retard making the main tourney 200cc.
It's faster, but there's less time for funny, hectic shit.

item RNG a shit

diddy kong racing is better

Because you're one of the worse Mario kart games with only super circuit being below you

>super circuit
>one of the worst
>when it's literally super mario kart with 4 player and twice as much content on a portable

Since it seems like 200cc is dead & that was the funnest part of the game to me. Going back to 150cc is boring.

Because the Cred Forums rooms were a giant autistic circlejerk, and I can't be fucked to play with other randoms.

I only liked Mario Kart for battle mode and it sucks. They could have saved it if they let you play battle in Baby Park DLC.

Because you crash trying to load Dry Dry Desert (which means I can't unlock anymore of the alt-cups) and Nintendo's support system basically tells me to go fuck myself and buy another one for full price.
(I got the game as a gift a long time before I even opened it, so the warranty or whatever wouldn't have worked)

it's fuckin bullshit

I did the other day and quit because I remembered rng isn't fun

>200cc is retarded
git le gud

Because everyone online always pick the lamest stages.

This.

Outside of 200cc the game was forgettable as fuck. Stupid zero grav made all of the fun shortcuts a memory. Some of the DLC stages have some cool tricks though.

FUCK that stage

>battle mode is fucking shit
>original tracks clearly not meant for 200cc
>150cc feels too slow
>worst item balance
>no mission mode
>voting system still has you playing the same five tracks over and over
>usual attention-whoring IRC bullshit ruins the Cred Forums group after it was already split by each DLC pack

I'm playing it right now

>Worldwide
>most of the Miis are girls from Canada, Japan and Germany
>they ALWAYS pick the worst stages

You didn't get more DLC.

Because the gameplay is stagnant as fuck, and made even worse with the item """""balance""""".

I had my very good times with it. I just got burnt out. Doesn't help that the controller options are fucking ass.

barely played this game, what was so bad about the item balance?

Don't have my favorite character, which is a must for me.

smash bros

I've seen enough of Isabelle's butt.

Don't own a Wii U and I don't live with the roommate that had the WiiU and Mariokart

Haha what?

>mfw subway level for the 70th time

MK8 is a low skill game.
I enjoyed it for months, but when there's so little ground for improvement then why bother?

>tfw it's not fun to play MK with friends because I'm too good and always win, even when I don't try to

The problem is that the online mode selection always seems to pick DLC courses, which is what makes it repetitive.

I miss the normal new courses.

I've been really wanting to play mario kart lately but I've no one to play with

Anybody who breaks away from the pack during the first 30 seconds and memorized the track may as well have input a cheatcode. 2nd place has the terrible job of trying to catch up to the leader while facing the full brunt of volatile nonsense spewing from 3rd-12th place.

It's a problem since coins (duds) fill up the item roulette which already has low % for red or blue shells, and leaves 2nd with few opportunities to fuck with 1st. 1st place never gets shit like triple bannas anymore, but they also rarely deal with 2nd's shit since 2nd is either desperately trying to defend themselves or getting nothing but coins instead of offensive items.

7 was the better game.

8 felt like driving in a bouncy castle

Only cucks who can't reach the real skill ceiling think this. Stop playing in your bubble and git gud

But it's boring.

I'd rather play F-Zero or Ridge Racer, even if they are older games.

I played you for over 100 something hours with friends, solo, and online. Best Mario Kart by far. But there are other games. I still turn you on from time to time.

Because im accident to Smash and want to die.

>Best Mario Kart
Sorry but no
It's decent but Double Dash is the best

Drive better, this is the best the item balance has ever been.

You're already dead. Welcome to hell.

No, it isn't. Double Dash has less than 1/3 the content of 8, and has some of the worst item balance in the series. Take off the goggles. Gamecube Baby.

>there will never be a kart racer with the polish of MK8 and the love and gameplay of Sonic Transformed

Oh wait, that's CTR. Nevermind

DD is maybe 3rd best behind 8 and DS

Thats the point, somebody who can stay optimal will rarely have a problem. An optimal 1st will be clinging onto their banana for the duration of the race if possible, while 2nd is going to be cycling between defending themselves, getting useless coins, and praying for an offense item.

>This fucking stage
>The fucking subway stage
>The fucking pipe stage from mario kart 3ds

FUCKING WHY DO THEY DO THIS IN ALL THE FUCKING MARIO KART GAMES EVERYONE PICKS THE SAME FUCKING BORING TRACKS REEEEEEEEEEEE

IN MARIO KART WII IT WAS FUCKING LUIGI CIRCUIT AND NOW THIS REEEEEEEEEE

>Double Dash

i really like the game and a lot of the tracks in it, but for some reason i always go back to MKWii, delfino plaza, peach gardens, sherbet land, maple treeway

that game is too good

>join a Mario Party Cred Forumskend thinking maybe it'll be fun
>never get high than 14th place

I play you every weekend with my friends. On the same couch.

I'm playing Fast Racing NEO
alone because the online is deader than dead

Because I sold you for a cigarette because MK7 was better.

I'd totally go back to relive 200cc though, if the damn game wasn't still $60

>stages

I'm not good enough for 200cc.

Speaking of MK8, how is the online now? Still active?

my 'friend' calls the fields in rocket league 'tracks'

Mkwii is underrated

Fuck you i like having 2 roads

Dead. The last time I saw people online in MK8 was when the Smash 4 servers were under maintenance.

I played it a shit ton but I just can't fathom how at a certain point with track lines mastered and boosts at the maximum possible that players can still get past me if I'm unmolested by items

It's fun but I guess I probably can't improve any more and I'd rather win. Got a lot of hours out of the game, and even more with the excellent DLC

Also I have more than one game so sorry buddy

Jesus no. What did I spend 60 dollars for then? 2 years ago I thought that I might have been able to still play this with others by now.

Because everyone I know has shit taste and would rather play tr4sh all day

I barely even unlocked all the characters for that shitty game

Fuck sm4sh it was fucking terrible and every mode is anti-fun as fuck

Yeah, well two years ago, anons predicted that the Wii U would have 20 million units sold by the end of 2014.

Hackurai somehow managed to make a Smash game with Cloud Strife in it anti-hype

How the fuck is that even possible?

He's lying. It's still active and you can still get 12 players easily.

>mfw Mii helmets
I just like them because they're fun in Smash and Golf, don't even use it to self insert. Ended up switching to Toadette

Its based on distance between racers, rather than what place you're in
I.e. if 9th is really close to 10th they'll get shit items
But if 3rd is far behind 2nd they'll get good items like red shells, and if 2ns is close to 1st they won't have anything to defend themswlves with

There are threads on Cred Forums every weekend, but it's 200cc and you need the DLC

Because he's so up his own fucking ass

>single player usually played by casual players is balls hard and grindy and the AI is unfair as fuck
>locks unlocks behind god awful mario party ripoff
>multiplayer is intended to be balanced against the tourneyfags he hates but does the reverse
>all new items and stage hazards are fucking awful
>character balance totally fucked up, DLC characters clearly intended to be better to boost sales
Worst fucking Nintendo game in a long time

(You)

#1 the lag online with server speed up, speed down, items that don't hit, items wheel that spins forever and shit like that is absolutely shit.

#2 the one way courses are generelly shit, since the bad RNG is even worse on those tracks.

#3 Mario Kart 8 items are shit

- not being able to hold another item adds just more stupid RNG
- triple items like bananas and shells rotating around you after activation - and thus being so easily destroyed by other items or by other stupid drivers crashing into you... also just makes them less effective and adds more to the bad RNG
- the introduction of the boomerang and the horn as a projectile weapon respectively splash weapon, in combination of the already existing projectile weapon like the fire flower and the splash weapon like the bomb, FURTHER adds to the destruction of defensive items like the now roatating around the player triple shells and bananas and FURTHER adds to the RNG
#4 red shells being able to FLY adds to the bad RNG
#5 green shells auto targeting players while bouncing off of walls - oh boy, who ever thought this was a good idea... - adds as well to the bad RNG
#6 the star item not giving you a speed boost anymore makes it much less useful
#7 the mushroom item giving you way to little of a speed boost (has been nerfed as well) makes it much less useful
#8 AND COINS. oh wow, the itroduction of coins, while they can make you faster, makes you even more vulnerable to hits... and adds to the rng
#9 Compared to Mario Kart 7, there are WAY less viable cart-driver-combinations you can choose online. everything under the cruiser weight class just sucks. most car parts and most carts just suck as well and are not viable. acceleratio for exmaple, something the smaller drivers always greatly benefited from in Mario Kart 7, is not important anymore.

but all of this wouldn't even be too bad, if, like I mentioned in the first post, the online lag would make competitive racing at high vr rooms a fucking mess.

Boring

Playing SASRT is more fun. Your roster is also terrible

Every kart/character combo is viable in 200cc but yea fuck the item bullshit

>#6 the star item not giving you a speed boost anymore makes it much less useful

A few good points but this is the worst they were scared of shortcuts like on the wii version so everything was nerfed but this made it so some shortcuts arent even possible outside of developer intended shit and you can't even use the star to catch up. Star is just a Top speed/terrain immune/max handling mode and to a decent player that is nothing. Star is actually bad.

Fuck this game and to think it was what made me get a wiiU after having so much fun with mk DS and wii.

My cousin doesn't come over anymore to play vidya is why

200cc actually gave me hand cramps.

Loved its addition though,

>playing as Mii as your toon
What gives?

How does 8 compare to Wii? Mostly couldn't be bothered because of custom servers and courses existing.

Literally forgot I still had that on my wiiu, goddamn haven't even played anything but melee and fire emblem on my wiiu in the past year ive had it. What a piece of shit

No, it really IS retarded, just simply because Mario Kart is fundamentally designed around mastering drifting around the tracks. Problem: 200cc is so fast, that it is not possible to do that anymore. And, in 200cc you need to BRAKE. Braking in Mario Kart is NOT FUN. It is against the Mario Kart philosophy of having fun while drifting around the tracks.

cant you just brake drift? If you hold brake while drifting you get a tighter drift. Is that still not enough to get around corners?

the drvinng physics are much better, but EVERYTHING else - outside of the graphcis - is much worse. basically everything got nerfed - everything! you will get hit sooo many times in a race, you will feel like someone has raped you.

Not on most tracks, no

It's that fucking fast

>any MK game
>gettin hit more often than in Wii

impossible, you'd get hit by three blue shells in the last lap of Wii quite often

actually that is not enough to get around corners. you have to hold it pretty long an that speeds you down too much. brake drifting in 150 is used almost only on rainbow road, but here you have to do it constantly, and that in inself is much less fun. brake drifting or braking in inself is just not a game mechanic that is fun in a mario kart game.

It was a good map, though. What, you can handle the icy roads?

I'd much rather get hit by blue shells all day long that the rapefest of ALL the other items in MK8. It like the war in vietnam. Its coming from all angles, all sides and hits the shit out of you.

But I do. I played you last night.

Went online for the first time in at least a year yesterday, and it was as busy as ever. Don't believe anybody that says its dead. Probably the same people saying Splatoon is dead, when its easy to always find a match in that game.

Thanks for the reassurance, I'll get back to playing MK8 real soon. Maybe we'll meet in a lobby someday.

Too casual, it's very easy to reach the skill ceiling in this games. At least DS had snaking.

At least my Pii U can play Fzero GX...

>Shitty item system
>morton kart 8
>lightweights useless
>CLANS
>only fun in private rooms
>CLANS
>heavy kart 8
>CLANS

Becsuse no first person view and I loved first person view.

I don't know how much 200cc you guys did, but you need to work on your lines most likely. Pumping brakes during drifts will almost always get you around turns. Only exceptions where you need to actually brake are RR 8 in the first turns before the glider if you spin boost off another racer and Neo Bowser City S bend if you fuck up and get orange sparks. Maybe one or two other exceptions, but all in all 200cc is very possible without full on braking. It may be more of a pain with inline bikes though.

Dropped

>They'll never dial the room back to 150cc
>Mario Kart 8 will never be as intimate as Mario Kart 7 was

bullying in MK7 was the best

Getting mushrooms constantly is balanced?

what said

you guys need to git gud, even on the hardest brake-drifts in 200cc you shouldn't be going any slower than 150cc max speed. You really only need to tap brake to adjust the angle of your turn, your speed shouldn't be too badly affected. I'll agree it felt weird at first for a Mario Kart game but it's way more fun when you learn it properly

I find it difficult to go back to anywhere below 200 now because the others are way too slow. Using lighter characters definitely makes a difference though, I main Isabelle

Why the hell people are complaining about RNG in Mario Kart? Do they expect removing it will improve the franchise, even though it's entirely based in RNG?

Didn't Wii also suffer from clan members ruining any fun in random worldwides? 7 seemed to be free of this shit.

sometimes i think mario kart would be a lot more fun with just bananas, green shells, red shells and mushrooms.

Stuff like stars and bullet bill for people far in last is ok too

Because /mk8g/ slowly killed themselves

Calling bull pucky. 8 is benign in comparison to Wii, especially with the nerfed appearance of stupidly powerful items.

>If you don't like 200cc you need to git gud
You people need to leave

MK is just a stale boring series now. It was fun for 2 weeks but then it hits that you just dropped $60 for the same game you've been playing for over a decade (2 decades even for some) but this time its in 720p instead of some jank ass resolution. The Wii U was just a disappointment all around, definitely my last Nintendo console.

>all these shitters that can't into 200cc
When did Cred Forums get so casual?

>he thinks a nintendo game, especially a neo-nintendo game, is """"""hardcore""""""

Worst battle mode in existence, roster is nothing but filler characters, bad item algorithm, you're defenseless in first place, hardly any shortcuts like the previous games had. This game is just an inferior version of MK7 in 1080p.

200cc is cool, but there's no added difficulty. All you have to do is brake while drifting and it's the same shit.

i usually play it when my two little cousins come over. the girl always comes in first, the boy usually comes in third.

The Mario Kart community is a joke.

>actually wanting 150cc

wew

This

I don't play anymore because my sister snapped the fucking disc trying to put it in the console somehow. I'll eventually get around to downloading it.

Main reason I want it is because it's slow enough to where it's better to make combat based strategies with the items. With 200cc combined with MK8s already shitty RNG for items, it feels like it's more often a potluck than anything.

In that it doesn't really exist anymore?

Yeah, because it sucked

>combat based strategy
>in mk8 where items are proximity based

so you just want to sit in 7-12 place and throw shells?

Thank god.

I can't agree with 1# and 9#. My internet isn't all that great and I never experience lag despite having around 500+ hours of playing this.
Comparing this to mario kart 7 I feel like there's way more viable options. In seven, the best option by far was metal mario, red monster wheels, and the b-dasher. You'd see so many people with higher points running all using this retarded combination. There's way more viable shit in 8.

I wish the people there weren't ass, maybe then we could still be playing and having fun

I played you for like 200 hrs since you were the only game on the WiiU for some time.

Enough is enough.

>you were the only game on the WiiU for some time.
>implying its any different now

Dead online.

I was meaning that MK8s RNG sucks for that reason. MK7 had a better item system.

>fantastic racers
Shy Guy
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Iggy

>great racers
Mario
Toadette
Wario
Roy
Wendy

>good racers
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Bowser
Lemmy
Larry
Ludwig

>okay racers
Daisy
Rosalina

>obnoxious but acceptable racers
Yoshi
Metal Mario
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi

>bad
Lakitu
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Baby Rosalina
Pink Gold Peach

>gutter trash
Tanooki Mario
Cat Peach
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Dry Bowser

Goddamn this game was good. Pumped 300 hours into it.

>mfw excitebike for the 19774827189392771939271716563th time

Mario Kart DS is objectively the beat Mario Kart game of all time.

I was never good at it.
Neither were my friends, and they moved away.
That about sums up every multiplayer game for me

I sold my Wii U, you were a fantastic game though with DLC done right.

It has mission mode and a great battle mode, so yeah.

>June 2014
>game arrives in the mail
>super excited, can't fucking wait
>unbox it, take the disc, turn on the console, insert the disc
>MARIO KART EIGHHHHHHHTTTTT
>my pants are instantly wet
>turn on volume, adjust the couch, get a cold beverage
>okay, let's do this shit
>pick single player, 100cc or 150cc can't remember if it came unlocked
>Toad as always
>first race starts
>my dear god, look at those sleek graphics, it's fucking 60fps, my dick is hard as titanium
>quickly get to the 1st place
>drifting is so smooth
>anti-gravity gimmicks
>nice, they added coins back, I missed those from older MK games
>blue shell comes in
>no fucking items to protect myself besides those shitty coins
>fall in a hole
>hey, at least it's faster to recover, they did a good job with Lakitu
>lightning shrinks everyone
>another blue shell landing, I'm glad I'm 3rd
>grabs a 3-shell
>nice, I'll save another just in case
>game won't let me
>get back to 1st place
>more coins and bananas
>a second lightning bolt comes in at the final moment right before the finish line
>ends up in 4th place
>every single race was like that no matter how perfect my laps were
>forced myself to finish the single player anyway so I could unlock everything
>zero fun, tons of frustration
>at least online lasted for a while
>never played it again past the first two months

How could they fuck up single player so much in this franchise? MK SNES had a decent system of rivals, where they started throwing their own shit at you whenever you were close by, no blue shells, no RNG shit to spoil the experience, just pure ability required to perfect each cup.

If I wanted an item clustefuck, I'd be playing this at a party with zero obligation to get a perfect 3-star Gold Throphy.

I put 140 hours in, I'm done Mario

/mk8g/ died

You can avoid blue shells, keep a mushroom with you.

stopped adding content and it's football season so no time for vidya

>the itroduction of coins
You mean the coins that have been around since Super Mario Kart?

God damn, you people are idiots. Get fucking good.

Coins aren't random, they're in fixed positions.

200cc was amazing. Still got used to it with three stars on every cup though.