Why don't they make good spoopy games anymore?

Why don't they make good spoopy games anymore?
I'm not talking like legit horror, but stuff that's campy and silly, with a spooky theme like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ukp1N4hI2Xg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FjgaiQvWC_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=yyMxqOu0C_A&index=11&list=PL28C1E17B4CD0A2E2
youtube.com/watch?v=nShm_QKTDv0
youtube.com/watch?v=2BTWqDkBXEk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the industry is shit nowadays and that won't change anytime soon. I'm sorry user.

Everybody is overly concerned with graphics/framerate so cost of development has gone WAY up.

Big name devs/publishers can't afford to take chances on niche games in niche genres or god forbid try something new.

When they do try something new it goes like pic related: glorious game straight to the bargain bins

Why don't they make X games anymore?

people keep making these threads and its always the same answer

Nothing will ever come close to medievil anyway

Man. I miss when games had that one spooky level. Either a haunted house, or a pumpkin patch. Why did it all have to go away?

youtu.be/FjgaiQvWC_Y

This games music was GOAT

>vidya early years
>games are treated like toys so they get the same themes as toys do like dinossaurs, spooky shit, animals as protagonists
>now
>"vidya is for GROWN UPS too you know"
>you only get to shoot things and have cinematic ~experiences~

Videogames are over, user.

MediEvil is the only really amazing game in its entire three-entry series.
The sequel pales in comparison, and the remake is a turd.
I can't decide if this is a bad thing or not.

They made a remake?

On that note, how are the Maximo games for PS2? I think they're similar to Medievil right?

youtube.com/watch?v=yyMxqOu0C_A&index=11&list=PL28C1E17B4CD0A2E2

youtube.com/watch?v=nShm_QKTDv0

For the PSP, yes.
The only really good thing about it is that the music was all done by a live orchestra.

Sounds pretty cool, and been thinking of replaying it so a remake sounds great. Thanks user.

I don't get why people hate the 2nd game. I love it. I played the demo for hours and when I finally got the full game I was so happy. I needed to cheat to beat it though since I was a dumb ass kid
youtube.com/watch?v=2BTWqDkBXEk

Keep your expectations low.

No user, it's shit.
It has a little over half the levels from the original game, has an entire section that is JUST mini-games and hides the most powerful weapon in the game behind it, there's a shitty helper partner that never shuts up, the jokes are shit for the most part, and it has all the atmosphere of a waiting room.

How low?

Well, shit.

Everything you liked about the first game is not there anymore.

I'm honestly amazed that Japan Studio hasn't been shut down, or at the very least basically just turned into a full-time support studio for third-party collabs. Everything cool they've done on their own in the past few years (Puppeteer, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice) has sadly underperformed.

Just replay the original, it's still a great game.
Unless you particularly want slow-ass combat that needs a lock-on to work, because there are no camera controls outside the lock-on button.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll just play the original then.

it doesn't sell

Hope you have a great time, user.
I need to get around to my annual playthrough, myself.

There will never be any comeliness after 2010. There's no magic left in the world, and even if someone were to make a comfy spooky game like MediEvil I just couldn't enjoy as a product of this shitty uncomfortable post-90's existence.