RETRO STUDIOS

What did they mean by this?

twitter.com/RetroStudios/status/783054957322711040

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/retro-studios-working-nintendo-nx-title-brand-ip-rumor/
youtube.com/watch?v=yv3zUeTPsTI
gonintendo.com/stories/232267-nintendo-has-36-months-to-produce-something-eternal-darkness-rela
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GONZO STYLE

I think they meant 'Tis the season

One old rumor stated that Retro was working on a new IP for kids, about a witch or something.

They're making an NX game called "Tudios"

They meant that it's the season to give up hope and finally stop playing vidya.

RETRO MAKING NX CASTLEVANIA CONFIRMED

The rumour I saw here was that they were making a Duck Hunt 3D platformer, and the report was long and detailed.

Man I miss having a Castlevania to look forward to since SoTN, last time I felt that way was with OoE.

There is a rumor they are working on an NX launch game where you control Ashley and have to fly around collecting semen from unsuspecting people to use as ingredients for your witchcraft

I'm still sticking to an f-zero reboot

Retro hasn't posted anything value since they joined Twitter. You dumb niggers are looking too much into it, this is just them saying it's the Halloween season.

its a "we are totally still alive you guise!"

>putting devs known for fps and sidescroller games to do a high speed racing game
why?

they worked on Mario Kart 8

>reboot

but why?

>Retro hasn't posted anything value since they joined Twitter.
helps that they said they started their new game on the same month as they started their twitter (November 2014) so we're not exactly gonna get news until Nintendo does it themselves.

When did this come out?

7 actually I think, they made the Retro tracks.

Anyone remember that rumor saying them working on DKR2 is why Diddy isn't in MK8?

because the last game came out 13 years ago

Did they? I thought that was just Mario Kart 7, and only designing the DK track.

Alright, let's look for hidden meanings. We've got
>a pumpkin
>a skull
>a glass bottle
>a wine bottle in back labeled MUMM(possibly mummy with a letter cut off?)
>a statue that looks like a demon or maybe just an ugly woman, idk
What does it mean, boys?

THROW US A DAMMED BONE NINTENDO

How long ago was this? and how old were you all?

where's carlos when you need him

They're working on a donkey kong 2d platformer with halloween theme :^)

Another generic fps with badly shoehorned platforming mechanics

Silly user, Retro didn't make Deadcore.

Looks like they're just having fun.
I feel kinda sad imagining how much shit people will give them when they announce something that's not Metroid Prime 4.

They got a ton of shit for announcing Tropical Freeze but in the end was well received.

I'd play it.

7 years ago

they are currently working on "NX project"
and have been for quite a while

monster party reboot, when?

Yes, since nearly 2 years ago, meaning their game won't be revealed until the NX is.

Codename STEAM 2

so in five hours
i can wait

METROID PRUMPKIN

did I miss something.

they worked on 7 but helped design the DLC tracks (you know, big blue and mute city aka best tracks of the game)

I wouldn't be surprised if it is f- zero honestly

Retro Not IS

>but helped design the DLC tracks
Where did you get this from?

never mind I can't find any facts to back this up. It might have just been some interview saying retro tracks were being developed or something.

They made the Donkey Kong tracks.

I want Ashley to step on me!

>hey it's October, the month of Halloween. Let's take a picture to celebrate

I really hope that the expeculation posters are just being ironic.

Fuck, now I want to play this again

wccftech.com/retro-studios-working-nintendo-nx-title-brand-ip-rumor/

Duck Hunt 3D Platformer

It's Halloween

Texans like Halloween

Also friendly reminder that the higher ups are strict as fuck as employ only the best people

Tropical freeze was made by new people that trumped DKCR being made by the leftover prime devs, so I'm really looking forward to whatever is they are making

>Emily Rogers
Isn't she the same person that claimed that Breath of the Wild would let you choose Link's gender?

>Putting Devs known for FPS games to make a 2D Platformer
Why?

Still not seeing a reason for a complete overhaul, but if you say so.

>painting a Halloween watermelon

No Paint Daubs!

Please be Eternal Darkness 2

Devs can't even tweet something without people jumping on the hype train for nothing.

Cause Retro is made up of some ex Rare and Acclaim devs.

im just saying that they need to bring it to a crowd that has basically never even heard of it

I love the wording there

>Emily Rogers, who has confirmed various things, such as Paper Mario...and others, said that...

It's like they KNOW she's a one hit wonder even though the information was gathered from a podcast a Level 5 employee did in early 2015

Nintendo is always putting other devs to do something with an established IP.

They put Retro, the guys known for the South Park fps at the time, to do Metroid, a game that was 2D before them.

They helped design DK Wii track. I have no idea where you got the F-Zero tracks from.

Where the hell did you get that idea from? TBFP?

>Emily

No Fuck her

Bullshit NX info, not telling us what Paper Mario is, changing link'a gender

That's 3 strikes, yeah she gets some info right but I'm done believing anything that comes out of her cunt mouth until it actually happens

It's fun.

KNUCKLES BOOM: RISE OF PUMPKIN HILL BOYS HERE WE FUCKING GOOOOO

>Emily "I Guessed One Thing Correctly So Now Everyone Has to Believe Me" Rogers

Even a broken clock is right twice per day.

Retro could probably make a better Sonic game than Sega's attempts in the last 2 decades.

This is almost certainly true.

>Dev posts a normal picture
>Faggots see it
>X IS CONFIRMED GET HYPE
>It's fucking nothing
>Proceeds to bitch and moan
Fuck off with that fun bullshit.

Does anybody from the original studio even remain in that living corpse of a company?

What if it's a digital clock?

>what is shitposting?

My hopes and dreams

To be fair, I would prefer something like Megaman.

>>Proceeds to bitch and moan
nope.

and we don't even know if it's all ''fucking nothing'' anyways, for all we know their next game could Halloween-themed.

Unfun tripe that kills discussion and brain cells.

>for a second I tought Bizarre Creations was back

I just want another great game like Blur.

most burgs leave their digital clocks in 12-hour mode

The only people whom we know have left are the 3 dudes who went off to make Armature.

And everyone knows how that paid off for those 3.

At least we have Playtonic now. It's time to forget about Rare.

It's a new IP you retards.

Are they still renewing the IP? And what happened to that spiritual successor done by the original devs?

This thread isn't about Rare.

Ghosts and Goblins by Retro, fuck yeah

Medievil III

Man, NotBanjo and NotKazooie looks fun but good god do I dislike those character designs.

SECRET PROJECT REVEAL WHEN

IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS

Supposedly studios will soon reveal their NX titles. Other studios have hinted at it too.

When though? No clue. But a reveal within "the season" sounds accurate.

>THREE YEARS

>Metroid Prime: 2002
>Metroid Prime 2: 2004
>Metroid Prime 3: 2007
>Donkey Kong Country Returns: 2010
>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze: 2014
it's fitting.

Well obviously they're gonna have to wait till Nintendo reveals the NX first, though we do have some confirmed titles: Dragon Quest XI and Zelda BoTW.

>GAF wastes their time overanalyzing Retro's tweets seriously each time

Beyond Good & Evil NX

>4 year gap in between Returns and TF

Fucking how. I can only imagine they had several titles axed mid-development and defaulted back to a Donkey Kong sequel which took like a year of development, Metroid Prime style.

Well the game was supposed to come out a year earlier but was delayed till 2014 to improve shit here and there.

Full size picture for reference.
I think the exciting part about this tweet, as dumb as it sounds, is that they are proving they exist. People seem to forget about Retro Studios often. The point is, they are a active studio working on "something" for the NX.

Unless they are just helping with assets on BotW

They announced that they were working on a new videogame of their own and that they started development on Novemeber 2014. Meaning that they could have probably revealed it back at E3 but Nintendo is most likely waiting to reveal the NX first.

Brave Fencer Musashi 2

Can someone who lives in Texas just walk into Retro Studios dressed as a janitor and start snapping photos?

Monolith is the one that is helping on zelda.

>anyone who lives in Texas
ah yes, the small village of Texas where anyone can just walk over to someone's place with ease.

Probably not, no.

The sad thing about that game is that it isn't bad, just umpolished and for the pc release its tied to the MS store which fucks them over because people are starting to stop upgrading to W10

There's a rumor that retro is making other m 2: another other m

Whatever they're working on, I hope it's not another shitty Donkey Kong platformer. I never cared about DK games in the first place, but that made me straight up hate the whole franchise.

can you climb those mountains?

They're preparing us for a horrifying reveal.

The NX.

Seriously?

There's a rumor I'm balls deep inside your mama, you're gonna believe that too, right?

dkcr is one of the better 2D platformers ever made though, it's only real flaw is waggle and it doesn't have as good of music as dkc 2

Its because they also work on other games, same deal with Monolith, they work on a bunch of shit

tf is even better though, and there's no forced waggle.

Yeah, and you're both super gay.

Y-yeah so?

Hopefully they don't pick the musician.

Retro studio is as God tier as they are now because they weeded out the fuckboi's who leave thinking they can make a good game

They have bought the rights to Castlevania

They are making 2.5d castlevania similar to sotn

Sawano doing Zelda would be fucking amazing. XCX is already memed to hell and back, could you imagine fucking Legend of Zelda?

please don't give me dreams that will never come true.

LOL
Well obviously people in Texas are closer than anyone outside of Texas

>abysmally bad engrish vocals for a Zelda ost
I've seen engrish a lot from there, do japs really don't know how bad their English in music is?

user why?

English is a language a lot of Japs like to hear, but don't actually care to learn themselves. Just like us with Japanese.

November 2013 actually

They started on a new project after the first initial DKTF rap up until the delay for another 3 months but more or less they started in 2013

Well the Ghibli wannabe minimal piano they're doing is fucking fantastic so far

Hey everyone.
This is the champagne behind the pumpkin.
I know it's this exact bottle because of the small red stripe near the top.

Hope this helps you figure out what game they are working on!

We've only seen the trailer theme and some minimal music snippets from gameplay cuts here and there, nothing final.

Fyi champagne is generally reserved for celebration.
Perhaps they have just completed something?

>2D platformer

That's the problem, they are all terrible.

RAVEN BLADE

I might get shit for this but i actually like the golem battle music

youtube.com/watch?v=yv3zUeTPsTI

>I might get shit for this
The music people dislike is the super minimalist one that played in some battle themes with bokoblins.

They end up helping on other games, like most of the devs Nintendo owns.

>They end up helping on other games
The only game they've helped on that wasn't their own was Mario Kart 7 though.

My nigga. I love that theme.

That report said it was headed by Sakurai.

What a bunch of baloney.

Technically 3 years and 3 months due to the delay

They took time to help with MK7

>a Donkey Kong sequel which took like a year of development

Tropical Freeze has a lot of attention to detail, fuck you for assuming

I'm still mad at Gamespot's 6

What the hell is that gook doing anyway

It better be an NX game and not another fucking 3DS game

Smash Bros NX of course.

>I feel kinda sad imagining how much shit people will give them when they announce something that's not Metroid Prime 4.
If Primefags bitch about not getting another Prime, I will just tell them to fuck off. It's about time the fanbase get a 2D Metroid made by EPD (the creators of all 2D Metroid games).

You know who directed every single 2D Metroid game, including Super? This guy.

I think age has gotten to old Nintendo devs and they're just old men spouting off their dementia. You can only trust younger fellas like Kamiya right now.

They can go fuck themselves

The prime devs aren't there anymore, and they sucked at their job, Miyamoto was the only reason the game was good

>Sakamoto is bad meme

It's a phase of trying to experiment in backstory

Sakamoto still knows his shit

Same with Miyamoto, he doesn't hate story, he just wants a Mario RPG to focus on the actual Mario world

Why do faggots always post Metacritic like journalist opinions matter? Metroid: Other M got a 79 and Halo: Reach got a 91 and both games were a pile of shit. If you need journalist to tell you how a game is instead of playing it yourself then I don't really know what is wrong with you.

>The prime devs aren't there anymore
Uh no, it was just 3 people that left and went off to make Armature Studio.

>Eternal Darkness 2
I'd be fucking down for that
The trademark will expire this year if they do jack shit this year

>>Sakamoto still knows his shit
Does he? Cause that interview with Team Ninja kinda shows that he's lost his mind, besides Other M having worse writing than a David Cage game, remember that part when Team Ninja made Samus gravity suit purple like usual and then Sakamoto came in and asked ''what is that?'', then told them to delete it and instead make her varia suit have a faint purple glow?

Besides Metroid, what Sakamoto's done is the Warioware and Rhythm Heaven series, those are generally well-received and plays with the ''haha japan is SO wacky'' theme.

>Other M could've been better with the nunchuck
>Sakamoto knew this
>But decided against it
>Because reasons

With him being a Deputy Manger now chances are he will only produce the games now. The only reason he directed Fusion and Zero Mission was because the Wario Land team at the time was new to Metroid. He also didn't direct Metroid II.

Maybe because journalists weren't as hurt by those games as you were, an average person who isn't a Metroid fan would just think of Other M as a 7/10 game and not a ''0/10 I want to commit suicide''-tier

What about the ones who went to make Recore

Or is that still Armature

Alethea? I remember that leak too!

Now would be a good time to reveal it.

>Or is that still Armature
Yes, that's indeed Armature.

>tfw Game & Wario was garbage
Fucks sake, they used the gimmicks of each console so well for each entry excluding Snapped and DIY which were more like experiments in all honesty, but they somehow fucked up the game on the most gimmicky system they've had.

Then journalist suck

Sometimes a pumpkin is just a pumpkin.

>He just wants a Mario RPG to focus on the actual Mario World

>Miyamoto: Keep things in the Mario world, use characters from there

>Tanabe: ONLY TOADS GOT IT

I'm still mad

But they always renew it when it's about to expire right? I mean, that's the whole deal.

>Waah it doesn't play like every other Warioware game

That kills the purpose of using the gamepad user

Game and Wario is horrendously underrated

>He also didn't direct Metroid II.
Well that explains a lot.

They have a limited amount of times to renew the trademark before abandoning it.
This year is the last one.

They need clothes

Hawaiin shirt for the lizard and a poker visor for the furry bird

It's possible to sue for ownership if somebody doesn't use the IP

But sometimes you can be a little shit and do a loophole

Being the faggot that I am, I can't remember the fucking name, but this TV/movie series was held and kept under the ownership of the lead actor years ago

A company sued for ownership and in retaliation the nigga filmed a fucking interview, an hour and a half interview of him in character, just so he can go "See, I'm still using the IP"

Ownership and trademarks are a real piece of shit sometimes

I feel like most people forgot that the first Paper Mario's story was Bowser kidnapping the princess and most of the characters were just OC versions of existing Mario species. The gameplay was still great. If SS had great gameplay people wouldn't have been bothered by the the usual Bowser-kidnaps-Peach story, and that's on Intelligent System's part.

>that fucking music

It amuses that there is one dedicated dude on Cred Forums that I see from time to time who pretends that Codename STEAM is good.

They do?

I swear to god they better be making another donkey kong game or I'm gonna be so dissapointed. Tropical freeze was literally the second best platformer ever made after DKC2

Who'd sue Nintendo over Eternal Darkness?
Silicon Knights is dead

nu-male journalists were butthurt as fuck over Samus' portrayal.

>The USPTO has seen Nintendo's request to extend the Eternal Darkness trademark, but has responded to that with a Statement of Use or Extension Request. This means Nintendo has 36 months to actually do something with Eternal Darkness, otherwise they'll looks the trademark request.
gonintendo.com/stories/232267-nintendo-has-36-months-to-produce-something-eternal-darkness-rela
The article was from 2014

Hey at least it's better than Splatoon.

The thumbs-up sign had been used by the Galactic Federation for ages. Me, I was known for giving the thumbs-down during briefing. I had my reasons, though... Commander Adam Malkovich was normally cool and not one to joke around, but he would end all of his mission briefings by saying, "any objections, lady?" He was joking, but others weren't. At the time I felt surrounded by people who treated me like a child or used kid gloves because I was a woman. And yet, with Adam, I was grateful for the nod... My past has left me with an uneasy soul, and as a result, it touched me on some level that Adam would acknowledge that past by calling me something delicate -- like "Lady." And I knew more than anyone that every word from Adam was deliberate. My thumbs-down was a two-fold response: a sign of derision at being called a lady, and a signal of my complete understanding of the mission orders.The other soldiers were always willing to support me with easy smiles, despite the fact that I clearly had so much yet to learn. Among them was Anthony. In the face of his well-meaning behavior, and that of other soldiers, my response was to become increasingly bitter. I was a child, always with something to prove. A chip on my shoulder. And I was angry. I felt that if I let my guard down, I would easily by broken. And beyond that, I was scared. But even in the naivete of my youth, I could see in Adam's joking manner how close he felt to me. Adam knows my past. And he knows me better than anyone else. Confession time. Because I was so young when I lost both of my parents, there's no question I saw Adam as a father figure. When I rebelled against him, I knew I could get away with it. And his paternal compassion in the face of my rebellion reinforced the special bond I felt with him. I understood well that chances were slim that I would ever find anyone that understood me like Adam. And yet... When the time came, I still left his side. I was so young. Young and naive...

Yeah I think they'll just drop the IP.

Come on user, I loved Tropical Freeze too but it's better off if they make something new that isn't yet another 2d platformer, I think Nintendo's already filled to the brim with those.

Trademark doesn't mean IP though

That it's Halloween soon

Please Retro fans don't go all Kojimadrone on us now

The metacritic score is still 79 so either those you mention were not many and/or didn't affect their review's score much.

Splatoon is way better than Codename SHIT

read the thread.

Except they weren't because journalists don't care about anything actually sexist, they just go after things with pretty girls.

Not really. What have they even made this gen? Tropical freeze, mario maker and new super Mario Bros U? That 3 games in an entire gen. And other than rayman it's not like anyone else has been making 2D platformers either.

If anything we need a lot more of them.

I would agree but it still needs dialogue and side stories that makes you immersed in the world

What bothers me is that intelligent had two chances with Color Splash

And yet, Paper Jam still had a somewhat better variety

Color Splash is good

But Paper Jam gets bonus points for using things like Chucks, King Boo and Bob-omb

You got Woolly World too.
The Wii U hardly has anything for anyone that doesn't like platformers. Fuck off and be happy with what you got. Zeldafags aren't even getting an exclusive Zelda, they either have to be an NX or play the shitty inferior Wii U version.

>be
*buy

Woolly world

Also Kirby, yeah it's more action, but it'/ still a 2D platformer

>. What have they even made this gen?
Tropical Freeze, Mario maker, NSMBU, NSMB2, Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby Planet Robobutt, Pikmin 3DS, that black and white eshop game that HAL made, probably others I'm forgetting. Doesn't help that most of the third party games on the eshop are also 2d sidescrollers.

>The Wii U hardly has anything for anyone that doesn't like platformers.

Not him but it has plenty of notable games that aren't platformers. W101, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Pikmin 3, etc.

>"""""plenty"""""
>lists 5
lol

But user I don't give a fuck about Zelda. That franchise already has a bajillion games anyway. I'm posting what I want them to make - not what it would be fair on Zelda fans or whoever for them to make.

Plus the game industry as a whole has enough open world games. Platformers are what's lacking right now. Unless you only own the wii u and literally nothing else then it makes more sense to look at it from the perspective of the entire industry.

>Color Splash is good
I've heard nothing but negativity about it because it still uses the horrendous sticker system.

Those new yoshi games are all horse shit and NSMB isn't much better. Kirby is good but barely involves platforming.

I want to play some new GOOD platformers. Not just scrape the bottom of the barrel for whatever I can find.

Nigga most games (read: indie) nowadays are platformers. That's like saying ''Nintendo doesn't need to do Metroid because there's a billion metroidvanias in the industry nowadays''.

>Those new yoshi games are all horse shit and NSMB isn't much better
That's not the point here at all.

Sorry grandpa but most people today expect something more than just a flood of 2D platformers like what the Wii U had.

But user, with the exception of a small handful, indie platformers are a pile of steaming poo.

Not him but Woolly World is the best Yoshi game since Island. Easily the strongest once since the original Yoshi's Island. Anyone who liked Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Island would like it.

>Those new yoshi games are all horse shit and NSMB isn't much better. Kirby is good but barely involves platforming.
Nice goalpost shift

The point was to say what I want them to make and what I want is Donkey Kong. I don't really give a flying fuck if you want Retro to make Zelda or excite bike or nazo no murasamejou.

For me, platformers are probably the most fun genre of games and there's been a huge lack of good ones in the past decade.

For fucking real

Literally nothing about the NX is known right now.

Not even a little tease. Just fucking reveal it.

Your body is not ready user.

The point here was that there's an overabundance of 2d sidscrollers on Nintendo's part, you followed along with , claiming there weren't enough at all, not talking about quality or anything.

It doesn't matter what you think, the point is that they really need more variety right now.

>Literally nothing about the NX is known right now.
We do know it's basically a portable, stronger Wii U that can also be plugged on TVs.

This argument is clearly pointless because we're not arguing about the same thing.

I don't care what is good for nintendos business model or whatever. I just want to play more games that I like. You might think that 5 or 6 games in a single genre is a lot but it really isn't. It's especially meaningless to me when only one or two of those games were actually worth playing.

>This argument is clearly pointless because we're not arguing about the same thing.
I just pointed out that we were until you changed the topic to fit yours, you even mentioned NSMBU as a point which you later discarded claiming ''it's shit so it doesn't count''.

>
Except that Nintendo really said nothing about the thing, they keep flip flopping what the thing going be. PR stuff not actual info.

And No emily rogers isn't a fucking source.

>I don't care what is good for nintendos business model or whatever. I just want to play more games that I like.
Yeah we all already knew you're a whiny entitled crybaby.

It's not Emily Rogers though. It's everyone and their mom saying the same thing and pointing out to Nintendo's own trademarks spoiling the system, like the Tegra X1 mobile processor.

>Nvidia.
>when AMD make the stuff since forever.

Yeah, isn't like Nvidia would not going fuck over Nintendo or something like they did with microsoft.

>Grabed by the Ghoulies 2

>It's a phase of trying to experiment in backstory
Excuse me. Making a Metroid where you're not allowed to explore, not allowed to skip the cutscenes, and not allowed to actually have any damn fun, is a good idea to you?

You could explore.

Only at the very end of the game before the final boss, and by then there was nothing left to find.

Remember when they were working on a new IP for the Wii U that never came out?

No, I remember being able to explore all the time, even getting lost, particularly in the snow area.

That thing at the end of the game can hardly be called exploring.

I'm talking about how it's using the Mario world and it's characters

No.

I remember the doors constantly locking behind me. Something that was a rarity in Metroid and only happened to emphasize a boss.

Also, I love how you skipped past the "theatre mode" and "unskippable cutscenes" complaints, as if I'm not allowed to skip the story in a game.

Yes. She also said that the ballot character in Smash was going to be a first party character.

You mean memes?

>She also said that the ballot character in Smash was going to be a first party character.
Uh, dude.

Bayo won the ballot.

Corrin is just there because Nintendo wanted shill the game. I'm pretty sure that it was planned before the game release.

>Bayo won the ballot.
In America.

Corrin won the ballot in Japan, meaning Emily was right.
>Corrin is just there because Nintendo wanted shill the game. I'm pretty sure that it was planned before the game release.
Your assumptions mean nothing, bub. Plus that doesn't disprove Emily at all.

Cloud won the ballot in Japan

Not part of the subject

But because you mentioned it, every game had pop culture references

This isn't new

No he didn't. The ballot wasn't even over when he got added in.

>every game had pop culture references
Not memes like ''angry luigi's stare'' which is also in the game. The closest being the l33t hammer bros in PiT.

>Bayonetta was #1 in the U.K. And among the top 5 worldwide

>Corrin

They aren't going to vote for a literal who new person

Sakurai flat out said that Corrin was a business decision

Why did you skip out the part about the ballot in Japan?

There is no reason for a reboot that changes shit up in a fucking racing game series.
Only GX (didn't play the advance games) had some sort of story if i recall that was easily ignored.

It's not that the kids nowadays don't know the franchise either, Cap falcon is like the most popular character in smash.

I never understood why anyone would do this.
But then again my sleep/waking rythm is incredibly fucked up.

Retro studios is working with red letter media now?

funny.