>It's more realistic so it's better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3hVo9VMhg
youtube.com/watch?v=hs6ai5b-nUM
youtube.com/watch?v=mVBn_li1nRQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>It's fun

>Final Fantasy X is just as bad as Final Fantasy XIII

>this cant be a fantasy game because there's cars and mechs!

>it's easier so it's better

>it's fun with friends

>it gets better after (+5) hours bro!

>it's harder so it's better

>there's nothing wrong with the game's difficulty, it's your fault for not self-handicapping!

By that logic no game can ever be considered easy.

>you played it for x hours, so you can't review it negatively
Fuck these people entirely ignoring retrospect and the purpose of a review or opinion on a game. Games do not exit to simply occupy time, and when you review them you are considering everything you have experienced and then coming to a conclusion of whether you would recommend someone else might enjoy that. If you play a game for a while, and in the end did not enjoy the experience as a whole, why would you recommend it? The reasons people end up playing games they don't like for long periods of time aren't commonly applicable, they usually involve:
>hope that it will get better
Which may turn out to be false
>hope that a game is better in a different playthrough or NG+
>hope that a game is improved with the addition of DLC
>buyers remorse
>forcing yourself to play to get your money's worth out of it
>playing for pure grinding or possibly even addiction
>playing for false hope that the game would eventually live up to the expectations you had before release
>playing for false hope the game would live up to the promises of the devs/marketing
Which are all terrible reasons to recommend a game to anyone.
>games where you falsely believe your decisions matter, only to find out they don't after so long
>games that turn out to be very repetitive or skinner boxes, which you may not realize until a certain point
Both of which require longer playtimes to realize.

>It's sold a bunch, so it's the better title.

>mods ruin the devs' vision

I think certain games require a time investment to be appreciated. I think people who don't like the genre, or type of game should not review games. If your attitude is "I can't stomach more than an hour, and a half of this game" its either not worth reviewing, or your reviews not worth reading.

> Don't use -FEATURE-! I personally can't deal with it, so it's banned!

>I think certain games require a time investment to be appreciated
The same could be said for how it could be depreciated, especially any game that ends up feeling repetitive or re-using assets.
>I think people who don't like the genre, or type of game should not review games
But this is often completely contrary to how that usually happens. The people that end up with large playtimes and negative reviews are usually fans of past games of the series, or of the genre, and are disappointed in a specific release.

>lol who cares about [thing which makes absolutely no sense in the game's established lore] there's magic/guns/mutants

That is not an argument, user, that is a statement

>[realistic thing] isn't fun, so who cares if realism goes out the window?

>This game series isn't as good as (some other series) so it's bad

>if you don't like this game you just hate games!
>x system has no games!
>mature game for mature gamers like myself!
>demanding lists of games
>insisting there isn't one game on a system they'd like
>if you didn't beat it you have no right to criticize it!

This sums up GTA IV fags autism

>Daily reminder that if you used X,Y or Z game mechanic, you didn't really beat the game

One of the best arguments to this is JSawyer mod. He made the fucking game then modded it.

>"comfy"

you're wrong

Hey wait, those seem familiar

>only recommends games that have a very niche appeal
>Immediately shots on anyone who isn't in to them

t. shield-wielding, estus-chugging, coop-summoning turboscrub

>It gets good after "Unreasonable amount of hours!"

The amount of people that told me to keep playing ffxiii at least until I got 20 hours in was infuriating.

>"game feel"

>if you played for more than "arbitrary amount of hours" you obviously like it and can't say it's bad!

>the graphics are bad

>its fun with friends!

>someone tells you if you summoned or used certain weapons you didn't beat the game
>they levelled up, used bonfires and Estus flasks

>"How does this thing work?"
>"Magic"

Nothing makes me more mad than basic laws of nature being destroyed because "Magic"

Don't get me wrong, I accept magic, but bullshit happening because 'Magic' is the biggest fucking cop out ever.

I know, it's rough when you don't have friends

bitch

>I bet you didn't even play the game!

> I bet you didn't even beat the game!

>if you beat it then obviously you liked it quit shitposting!

Heard all these for sticker star.

>oh you didn't like that game? I guess you didn't have any friends!

>he sneers at people leveling up, using bonfires or chugging estus
>while unironically using a weapon

name an example

>he doesn't do only pacifist runs

>it's atmospheric

>the addition of lower difficulty levels in this single-player game ruins the game

>he doesn't do only pacifist run with no hands and screen off

>not letting every enemy get at least two hits in before you even pick up your controller

>It's not a bad game, its just a bad X game!

>He used the roll feature

>he plays the game

>implying
I amputated my right thump. Get on my level scrub

I can actually think of some valid examples of that. Diablo 3 at launch was way more gauntlet than diablo.

>stop bringing up consistency in a game with magic

The "it's more realistic, it's better" argument might actually be the worst one because I see it on Cred Forums all the fucking time.

And no, it's not even a "well just turn your brain off bro, its fantasy and elves dont exist irl!!" kind of deal. It would be some insane autism regarding how the mechanics of a game work, that realism should heavily outweigh the balance in a game just to make the gun more accurate to how it would work in real life.

The very purpose of magic is to defy the laws of nature.

>make complaint about an awkward forced waggle control in a wii game
>get called fat/lazy

This
Fuck i hate it

>its darker so its better
>its darker so its edgier
>its lighter so its better
>its lighter so its for children

>If you don't like it, dont buy it!
>Lets see you do better!

>just to make the gun more accurate to how it would work in real life.

>Lets see you do better!
Jesus Christ, this. Like motherfucker, I don't have to be a Michelin star chef to know when something tastes like shit.

Let's see you do better is one of the most juvenile comebacks, and pretty much everyone I've ever seen use it is a complete moron.

>Turn based RPGs are outdated

I legit don't understand this mindset, yes the first appeared at an archaic time in gaming and we can do more now, but I don't see how this invalidates the concept completely, it's just another goddamn option, albeit and old existing one.

Nevermind the fact that everybody still seems to love turn based games like Bravely Default/Second all the same, I legit don't understand people who say we shouldn't do them anymore.

its a retarded mindset because it would conflict with balance in a shit ton of games

shotguns would be almost overpowered in almost every game they are featured in

>balance
Only matters in multiplayer

Semi related, I can't stand the "2D games are outdated" argument myself. Just because they existed since early times, people think they're only allowed to exist as cheap digital downloads now.

But that's right though you fucking retarded faggot.

Even a game like Shadowrun which has Elves, Orcs, Trolls and even Dragons that secretly run corporations as underground CEOs is more regarded as Cyberpunk than fantasy because it has cybernetics and cyber world hacking.

The genre is dependent on it's setting. If it not medieval its not fantasy.

>There's nothing wrong with low drop rates. It would be boring if you could get the best items easily

What about Classical Antiquity with elves and magic and shit?

>it's popular so it's bad!
Or the inverse
>if you don't like [popular game] you're a contrarian!

>let's see you do better
One of my regular clients as a group of people that do this whenever anybody questions their product or criticize is it in anyway. They rally their group members and fans to go shit on people by saying this.

The one time I told them they were being totally ridiculous while having a rather public blowout they accused me of being a two faced liar who probably is just jealous of them.

For sure, that sort of statement is a product of really childish people.

Mythological?

All I got to say is even Dark Sun, which is a setting in D&D, is considered and regarded more Post-Apocalyptic than fantasy than it's other brethren settings.

>(character) is bad because he has a counter

>I like it, but it's bad

How do you even judge games objectively without resorting to some arbitrary standards which are guaranteed to be mostly situational?

>the sequel/remake is different, so it's bad

>Mythological
That would be pre-historic times.

"I like it, but it's bad" is just something you say when you're insecure about what people on Cred Forums say about you. On the other hand, it's also the only way to have a legitimate discussion on Cred Forums because if you don't put that then the thread gets derailed into whether or not the game is considered good or bad

>i like the characters but not the game

Most rational people understand that you can enjoy something that is bad, just because you liked it doesn't necessarily make it good. Also see: Guilty pleasure

>grand strategy is hard and therefore boring!

>You're just impatient and not smart enough to enjoy the grind of mmorpgs

>being insecure about what people say about your anonymous post

Nobody gives a fuck dude. Liking a game doesn't make it good, not liking a game doesn't mean it's bad.

This is actually me regarding God Eater. I gave it a shot, but huntan games are just not my thing. I still love the setting and cast though.

Oblivion is garbage but I love it. Its still my favorite Elder Scrolls game and I don't even have the excuse of it being the first one I played.

>no multiplayer mode, no buy

I have a friend who believes this.
How do I cure him? There's no real way to prove him wrong.

>This JRPG's script and story sucks!
>They blame the developer and not the English localization team

it's terminal

>PC version is better
>despite the locked shit resolution, the micro stuttering,
>the fact that the game was created for a lower resolution devices
>which mean stretched evereything

You don't, you just let him like what he likes and don't let it bother you, like an adult.

>it's a good game but it's a not a good [series] game
That's so stupid, why they don't just care about the game being good or not?

Kill yourself.

>like an adult

I'm not insecure about the games, i've never said that. I'm just saying that's obviously why people say it.

I don't know of any pc port that forces you to play at non native resolution while introducing unavoidable microstutter.

Maybe stop playing shit games from shit devs.

>Its only fun if you play on hardest difficulty

Well yeah. If it doesn't have multiplayer, I can just pirate it.

>say you dislike a game/a company's practices
>they accuse you of being a fan of the opposing game/company and proceed to list all their flaws

it's true for kingdom hearts 2 though

>you're playing on easy? really?
im trying to play games to enjoy myself not hate myself

But it's not and you're retarded. People are allowed to like legitimately bad games while recognizing they are bad games.

>neo Cred Forums is full on casual babies

What a surprise.

>you actually bought that N64 for £25?! Just emulate you fag!

Wellcome to Cred Forums. At least it's better than being banned for the "wrong" opinion which every shithole applies nowadays.

>complain about inherently broken game mechanic
>"haha maybe you should just get good bro xD!"

Obviously a big thing with Fromdrones, but I see lots of other people from other games doing it now too

>Beat a game no problems
>"T-That's just because you utilized all of the items the game gave you and didn't intentionally cripple yourself"

>How do you even judge games objectively without resorting to some arbitrary standards which are guaranteed to be mostly situational?

>Lets see you do better!
People that say this deserve to be publically executed

>ATB and Turned Based Combat are the same

Never happened to me. I always tell it like it is, how can you even be insecure on an anonymous board?

>353692452
But why is it bad? If I like it, and the game was meant to be liked by an audience which includes me, wouldn't that make it a good game? Or at worst a good attempt? If it was bad I obviously wouldn't have liked it and stated its glaring flaws, or at least say I wasn't amused by them. If I say I "like" something, that means I can't possibly think of much that could have been done better. I realize I'm cornering myself here, but I think you're referring at the amount of time you spend into it, but you don't have to like something to play it for a long time, maybe you're just influenced by the circumstances around you so you keep playing or it's just some mindless pastime like many sandboxes. I addressed the objectivity side on the line below. What are your thoughts?

>complain about an overpowered weapon
>"if it's in the game it's fair"

you would get banned faster on Cred Forums than on Reddit for posting an opinion contrary to what a mod likes

Redditors always get up in arms when a mod bans basically anyone

That one is true though. Any game worth playing on the N64 has been ported elsewhere or remade in HD on systems with controllers that aren't shaped like Neptune's weiner.

Your stupid question was already answered.

Oh man, I hate this.

I spent years ragging on on disc dlc before amiibos cam out, then I rag on amiibos disc locked shot and suddenly I'm a fun ha ting Sony fanboy.

>"Metroid prime is not an FPS"

Never happened to me. I always tell it like it is, how can you even be insecure on an anonymous board?

But why is it bad? If I like it, and the game was meant to be liked by an audience which includes me, wouldn't that make it a good game? Or at worst a good attempt? If it was bad I obviously wouldn't have liked it and stated its glaring flaws, or at least say I wasn't amused by them. If I say I "like" something, that means I can't possibly think of much that could have been done better. I realize I'm cornering myself here, but I think you're referring at the amount of time you spend into it, but you don't have to like something to play it for a long time, maybe you're just influenced by the circumstances around you so you keep playing or it's just some mindless pastime like many sandboxes. I addressed the objectivity side on the line below. What are your thoughts?

>play darksouls
>hold shield up entire time and beat game easily
>"y-you didn't play it right, of course it was easy"
I'm still surprised I didn't slap that shit eater

>it's shit because it's popular
- Cred Forums

Not quite true.

There's literally mod circles that have automated systems to instantly ban people from subreddits for posting in a subreddits they don't like.

That place is a thought police shithole.

>how can you even be insecure on an anonymous board?
literally the entire console war is based on insecurity, that they made the wrong choice and they're stupid for buying a PS4 instead of an Xbone or a PC

when a Cred Forumsirgin has to defend to his fucking death that some game is bad or good, it's because of insecurity, not because he legitimately wants to improve some random user's tastes

"You can't say bad things about this game, you haven't played it for 3 hours"
>Play it for three hours
>"Well it cant be that bad because you played it for 3 hours"

>Beat the game easily
>Tell everyone about it.
>I-it's because you aren't playing it right! Y-you're supposed to cripple yourself!

I'm looking at you Thieffags and your ghosting faglord diarrhea.

>I'd be afraid to play this game around friends
>I'd rather pirate this game so people don't know I own it on Steam

>X isn't as good as Skyrim

yeah if you're posting in r/dotamasterrace saying dota is the worst game ever then sure you'll get banned because that is specifically what the board is for but you will never get banned in r/games for saying you don't like skrim

>pic related

reddit sure is filled with some verbose cunts

who the fuck needs to write that much shit on the internet?

>Play for 3 hours

LOL you haven't even beated/got-to-the-best-part of the game yet and you think you have an opinion??

>Beat game or exceed 10 hours of a game.

LOL you played for that amount of hours and you decided it wasn't good or couldn't formulate an opinion by then?? What a fag xD wasted so many hours! xDD

You will be banned in r/games if a mod suspects you of ever having an opinion about gaming politics and figures a mod doesn't like.

There were even mass purges there at a couple points.

They purged that subreddits so hard it is almost entirely an ad feed now.

It's especially bad if magic has a defined set of rules like "magic can't bring back the dead" and then at the end of the game your dead love interest magically comes back to life.

>But it's magic

Yeah, but it's literally the one thing magic CAN'T do so why is it suddenly possible now?!

>Because it's magic

You must have some kind of autism to be this upset over games that don't fit into your archaic definitions of genres.

>inherently broken
read: you are bad at something and you can't admit that you're bad because you're a millennial
>using items like a pleb

>He doesn't play with a mouse and keyboard

And 4chaners keep shitposting up until the end of times. Bans that redditors don't understant are a mistery. Who would have knew a few years ago that redditor cancer would become real. In any case thank you you for participating. It's time to go back.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3hVo9VMhg

>Having to synchronize 3 other friends to have the same console/computer set up, buy the game, and set up everyone's schedule so we can all play
>They get bored after a few hours and quit
>Never play again
>Random teammates is a gamble

how would you even know this if you never went there? probably because some redditors made a huge fuss about it

if someone gets banned here, no one can do shit

>just turn off your brain
>just enjoy the story
>it's atmospheric
>it doesn't matter if the game is extremely linear and plain, the characters are REALLY good

>If it was bad I obviously wouldn't have liked it and stated its glaring flaws, or at least say I wasn't amused by them

Or maybe it's not actually bad and it just doesn't suit your personal tastes. See by your logic all games are good so long as one person liked it. Pointing out any "fflaws " is meaningless because all standards are arbitrary and subjective.

>If I say I "like" something, that means I can't possibly think of much that could have been done better

That's completely retarded. You have to be incredibly thick in the head not to understand that people can like bad games while understanding they are bad games.

>it's fantasy so that makes everything absurd and unrealistic totally OK

Everybody who reads what this retard just read, take heart in the fact that you will never be so wrong as this dumbass.

nigger people from Cred Forums get up in arms when a mod exists period

>Letting items clog your inventory like a pleb

>you only hate it because it's popular

t. Neo Cred Forums

kill yourself retard

When a glitch or exploit or bad design decision is the deciding factor in how the game plays it is inherently broken.

>charm

redditors hated it when r/coontown was deleted

people want hiro to delete Cred Forums

>he doesn't have friends to have fun with
I wouldn't have bothered with EDF games alone but they're an absolute blast when I play them with a few friends. Sounds like you're just salty you lack the requirements to enjoy certain types of games.

>it's wider so it's better
the true mark of the cinematic millennial

But i keep seeing this for old consoles.
First its:
>fug, just emulate it ass!
Then in thr next thread its:
>can anyone get this emulator working, why is "x" so ass for emulation, does anyone know any emulators that work for "x", do these always keep crashing?

Everyone seems to say just emulate, but never seem totally happy even with the good ones.

>rpg turn based menu combat of old games are slow compared to rpg turn based menus of today
>sol reason they refuse to play older games even though they want to know the whole story or pre-story to the newer games

Its all slow, you morons! its fucking rpg turn based combat, what the fuck did you expect some turbo run and gun adventure! THERE IS ALMOST NO DIFFERENCE YOU FUCK!

>Hardest difficulty just makes every enemy into damage sponges and just makes the game more tedious rather than harder
>Still expected to play it because it's the way the game is """meant""" to be played
>True ending is only unlocked by doing hardest difficulty

>literally the entire console war is based on insecurity
Because of their personal insecurity over the choices they made. Not insecurity over what other people on Cred Forums think of them.

>when a Cred Forumsirgin has to defend to his fucking death that some game is bad or good, it's because of insecurity

So no one can have a legitimate opinion on Cred Forums, it's all based in insecurity. Gotcha.

because Cred Forums actively adversely affects and bleeds into the rest of the site. everything's all isolated on reddit. there's like a millionty fucking subreddits but there's only like 40....something fuck math boards here. r/coontown probably wasn't shitty in anyone else's pool.

I did go there. I watched the whole shitshow when that sub got sterilized into what it is now.

Mods are worse there. You can make posts all day long saying skyrim is shit here and you won't be banned.

>"x" game is bad because its overrated
>Does't provide any other argument
>Genuinely believes that a game being overrated means that the game itself is bad
I know way too many dickhead that use "overrated" as a complain for everything

but its true you shitstain

>name one game that does this!

I don't see anybody complaining about N64, PS1, SNES, Gamecube, Wii, or PS2 emulation.

Literally the only reason to play critical is for the easier to get hidden ending.
Kingdom hearts 2 will never be difficult.

Come at me

>I stretch retro games on my 16:9 tv because black bars are yucky!!!

They got posed when r/fatpeoplehate was deleted. Nobody cared when coontown got axed.

>this video game is boring because there's not enough story
>video games need to be art
>being "videogamey" is problematic
>diversity matters more than gameplay quality
>why do we have to have gameplay in our game? We need a "skip gameplay" button to get past the problematic parts

You will never get banned for saying skyrim is shit on r/games as long as it isn't a retarded toddpost

I hate this one.
I thought System Shock 2 had bad graphics when I first played it but I still had a lot of fun with the game.

Some games are genuinely overrated though.

Tumblr does it too. From my time on Tumblr, I believe it's something like "The more words I write, the more legitimate my opinion sounds". That being said, part of that is due to everyone either using their diary as "evidence" for discrimination or t alking??? like tHIS??!??!?!

kotaku.jpg

>i play old shitty games

About what? Are you arguing that the Dreamcast existed? Because yes user, you are correct.

I didn't say you would, I was repeating what you said earlier about Cred Forums mods.

There you get banned for wrongthink and mod feefees, while they filter out all real content.

Actually they'd be underpowered considering how shotguns do jackshit against armor. Of course anything uncovered is going to get shredded by buckshot, but let's assume this is a slug at center mass.

youtube.com/watch?v=hs6ai5b-nUM

>"Oh, I'm not really into X. I don't like the series/genre that much"
>HOW CAN YOU FUCKING SAY THAT HMM?! LOOK MAN, IT GOT 93 ON METACRITIC! FUCKING. NINETY. THREE! HOW CAN YOU SAY IT SUCKS!

>"I'm just playing X, it's an older game but I'm enjoying it"
>HOLY FUCK user, THAT GAME BLOWS! LOOK HERE 73 ON METACRITIC! HOW CAN YOU STAND THAT TRASH! LOOK AT IT, IT'S HORRIBLE!

I can never talk to my brother or co-workers about games because of this.

No we don't, Cred Forums just makes a new thread that says "Old thread deleted by faggot mod, don't delete this one" and that's all that happens.

>Game is boring as shit and nothing happens
>"It's Artistic"

Drink bleach.

>If there's no unlocks, what's the point of playing?

That isnt game specific though it's a shortcut that is taken in a lot of story telling

>This Japanese RPG is not turn-based
>Therefore, it's not a J-RPG

I only ever write multiple paragraphs when I'm like talking about fictional shit I like. Like I'll write a book on why Piccolo is a pretty cool guy but my political opinions basically just sum up to "eh, do what you want so long as it doesn't fuck with me or anybody else"

>worst one
>because it is more common

I've seen a lot of other much more retarded arguments that are less common. You do understand the difference between quality and quantity.

I agree on that, but a game being overrated doesn't makes the game bad and its fault of the fanabase, not of the game.

as opposed to all the real content you find on Cred Forums? I mean literally just look at this thread, to post without replying to someone you basically have to have a reaction image

The image I posted didn't require reaction images and had people with two completely different opinions on a game. Where is the wrongthink banning?

>This game has no blood it sucks
>Its linear so its bad

But games can be atmospheric. Do you just hate it when people use that as a reason to why they liked a game? Because it is a legitimate reason.

The people who cling to meta critic ratings are funny.

Remember all the wii u metacritic score threads earlier in its life?

Real sad stuff.

>you have to like the wiiu, look at the meta critic scores!

Name one time anyone said that GTA IV series was realistic. I refuse to believe that.

>duuuuhhh old games are bad u mad nostalgiafag lmao

>You didn't played the *shitty first game of a long running series* and you call yourself a fan?
Sometimes videogames fans can be even more elitist assholes than music fans

Was the Dreamcast a good console?

worst one that drive me up the wall obviously, as stated by the fucking OP

If some argument is truly retarded, it won't affect me because I know the person who stated it is an absolute idiot. But plenty of people with legitimate arguments pepper in "it just isn't realistic"

>"Dark Souls and Bloodborne are not JRPGs"

>duhhh old games are good u mad kids lmao

it is if you play at level 1. critical just serves to make the game interesting though. every other difficulty is literally "mash x and use cure when you need to". you have to actually use your brain a little bit

>it's bigger so it's worse

You are retarded.

You are really.complaining because you need an image to start a thread on an image board?

Really?

This one is a valid argument because some games are made with co op in mind and give you mechanics and features you can only experience with a buddy making it more enjoyable than playing it solo.

its a good console, its just not a good sega console

>This is what dumbshits believe

Nah fuck off, X character's and story was better than two lesbians forming a pillar to stop the pope

It must have been, all the good games for it were shipped to the other 3 when it died.

except nobody said that you subhuman lmao

>I personally don't like this character design therefore the entire game is bad.

we've gone too deep. mandela effect in motion. its spelled berenstain not berenstein. we're in the worst possible timeline.

the replies, just look at the thread. It's all "vidya argument + wild and wacky anime reaction image" and yes to some degree, it is retarded that to start a discussion you absolutely need an image even if its unrelated

Oh. Ok I guess that makes sense.

I'm getting the vibe that "it just isn't realistic" means "no fun allowed" for something that's meant to be lighthearted and fun.

What a juvenile comeback.

This is asinine and not even close to true.

You are complaining that some people use images with their replies. You are ridiculous.

>If it's 7 or under out of 10, it's shit.

I have fun with decent games that get rated 7/10. It's fine. I have no idea why 8 and 9 are the only numbers that matter. No one ever rates a game 10, even if it's technically flawless because no one wants to declare a game perfect. Like, I'd say Gal Gun is a 7/10. It's a bit mindless and repetitive, but it's still fun and I enjoyed playing it.

>
Anything can be more fun with friends. You could play a completely shit game and laugh your asses off, but the game is still shit.

So get a related image. Start the trend. Be the change you want to see in the world.

Its a slashy ass action rpg
not a strategy game.
Let loose and just enjoy the fact that you're kicking ass on the lower difficulties
also
>Proving my point

0/10

There's 205 replies and only 67 images in the thread.

Wtf are you talking about?

>Game sucks, no achievements

>Its a good game, but its just not a good X game
This shit right here pisses me off

yep, this all definitely is discussion
all funny and original anime/manga/random reaction images

I don't get why some people try so hard to argue that SoulsBorne games should be counted as western games. Are they really that butthurt at the thought a game they liked came from Japan?

literally all of smogon's rules, kek

That's the rule. Realism is where fluidity is.

>Open world is better than linear levels

But that's not wrong. A game can be solidly mechanically but is just not what you play a series for. Like Metal Gear Solid V. Pretty fun game to play, but the entire game just isn't what you play a Metal Gear game for and isn't what the series is built on.

>This girl has big tits. I will write an 800 word essay on that and not talk about anything else at all.

i didn't prove anything. if you like babby mode then it's your choice, but critical mode is by far the best way to play the game. you start off with more abilities, do more damage, and take more damage in return. it only makes the game more fun

>"It's a good game, just not a good X game."
>game is all-around mediocre

Cred Forums is filled with Cred Forums and Cred Forums is filled with Cred Forums
What else is new?

Fallout? Fallout 4 specifically?

2bh it felt like a shitty Mass Effect/Borderlands ripoff with New Vegas mods slapped on it.

>It's a bit mindless and repetitive, but it's still fun and I enjoyed playing it.

That's normally how I try to talk about games and what I think about them to my friends and I understand that some games might not be for them while my coworkers would get mad at me for playing EDF or Deadly premonition, acting like because metacritic decreed it, my fun was not real.

Who the fuck cares? Reaction images have been a part of Cred Forums longer than my dick has been super glued to your mother's tongue.

In all fairness, it can be considered a "guilty pleasure" like the nutshack generals on Cred Forums.

It's valid though. I don't want my stealth series to become a run and gun action hybrid, even if the newest entry happens to be good in its own right.

Devs of Twisted Metal said that about 3 and 4 in an interview.

>ignores that there's way more posts without images
>somehow thinks that posts having images somehow means they aren't part of a conversation

Why are you here if images make you this angry?

>it's bad because it's easy

I agree with that argument, sorry OP, not trying to bait you. I would love to see more realistic shit in games like MGS, Resident Evil and Bamham.

How so? There's times where a sequel doesn't live up to the original, but if judged without the previous installment in mind it's still a good game one can recommend to a friend.

Holy shit this pisses me off to no end. I play Ike in smash and get constant shit from friends because i get counter kills. I can read your flowcharts too.
Hell I had to stop playing Corrin because of the sheer amount of ass pain the had.

compare to

Not sure what everybody's beef with 4 was. I thought Twisted Metal 4 was a pretty good game and it ticked all the boxes I asked for in a Twisted Metal game.

>because Cred Forums actively adversely affects

Hello newfag

Those fucking jackasses who pretend that getting rid of a nuisance is somehow casualizing

Nigger you know that if reddit allowed users to put images on their posts that would be flooded with the same kinda shit you see here. Worse shit, even.

For me this is compulsive though.
I always distrust mods because I'm worried they fuck up balancing and stuff

not him but doesnt critical give you a MASSIVE boost in AP?
like 50+?
how is being able to equip every single ability not WAY easier than say, proud mode?

>it's bad because it's easy

A lot of retards on Cred Forums have this mentality. I still dont know if they are trolling or serious because a lot of people here are always shitting on ''casual players'' and ''casual easy games'' but when something that requires a little bit of thinking comes out Cred Forums shits the bed and complains. See the game Banished. Perfect example.

Yeah because a Cred Forums thread about stupid arguments people use about games is totally comparable to reddit comments where people are discussed a single specific game.

Good job you fucking hack.

Yeah, that's why they don't and it's better

I love metacritic score discussions.

it actually may be a bit easier than proud, but you have 1/2 hp to balance it out. the point isn't that it's more difficult though (even if it definitely is if you stay at lvl 1), it's that it's more fun.

you start with an extra combo finisher, mp haste, and some other stuff that makes the gameplay more interesting and varied from the getgo

>x mechanic was also shit in the first game so you can't complain about it still being shit in the sequel!

Go the fuck back there then, don't bitch about shit when you have at your fingertips the ability to go to a place without the shit you're bitching about implemented.

Not that kind of counter.
>Character is not OP because there exists a counter!
Usually these people ignore details like how often the counter-tactic is available or how difficult it is to pull off consistently.

But mine was literally Hilda from Pokemon. Take back your shitty (You) faggot.

>that bait picture

Very weak. Every Fed Force thread on Cred Forums was full of hate and nobody bought the game.

>See by your logic all games are good so long as one person liked it.

No, my logic is that objectively rating games is retarded and all things need to be put in perspective (in the case of same genre comparisons etc.). All the arguments I had about "bad" games (which I liked) were just subjective drivel masked as word of god, which tried to sugar me the pill by going "I like it too". I could be fine if they put the word "think" so that the whole post assumes a subjective stance, so that next we'd be comparing tastes to get why didn't he like the game and what flaws he (subjectively) thought it had. Of course a big part of this argument are the developers' intentions. The only thing you could objectively argue is if the developer did a good job at bringing his vision to life. You can even have a good game by purposely making it "bad".

>Pointing out any "fflaws " is meaningless because all standards are arbitrary and subjective.

What I meant to say is that if I admit the game is all around flawed in my opinion, I can't bring myself to like it.

>You have to be incredibly thick in the head not to understand that people can like bad games while understanding they are bad games.

How about "I like/don't like this aspect of it"? I would also be fine with that. But you can't say you like the whole game and then trash it. When someone goes "it's pretty bad" in response to someone asking for opinions, I assume the people who bought it was looking for something that he thought he could get from the game and didn't get it. So the aftermath is that he obviously doesn't like it, he doesn't have to write "(in my opinion)", it's pretty much a given.

>hurr the graphics got downgraded now I don't wanna play it anymore
>hurr it looks like a game from 2012

Who the flying fuck cares about fucking graphics fuck off I'd rather they downgrade to hell and back in favor of framerates.

You are obviously trolling for some reaction.

Why? What's in this for you to waste time doing this?

None of these games run at more than 20fps anyway.

>if its under 60 frames i'll die

maybe its just because i grew up playing games on a toaster, but as long as its over 20 and not hopping all over the place I don't really give two shits about framerate.

>"The dialouge isnt in my native language"

Graphics fags are the reason games are shit today.

>all these AAA high budget games are shit because they are cinematic and dont care for gameplay
>wow this game has shit graphics I am not buying it now

Pick one you assholes. Inb4 that one faggot about to replay ''why not both? XD'' because you cant have both. Mention 1 game that has amazing graphics AND gameplay. I bet you cant.

I know, but that's not an argument against pushing for top end graphics because then it becomes even worse. Priorities up in this bitch.

>game is dubbed in english
>wtf is this shot I can't play this!

I'll never really understand the absolutely vitriolic hate this causes in some people.

>No jap dubs? wtf not buying it
>But you do not even understand the language
>I dont care!

Weeaboos not even once.

>Mention 1 game that has amazing graphics AND gameplay. I bet you cant.
Do you even understand how subjective and vague that is? That's like asking "Is X fun?"

>but when something that requires a little bit of thinking comes out Cred Forums shits the bed and complains

I'm sure these are the exact same people on Cred Forums who thinks easy games are bad. Must be.

My biggest gripe is when talking about the OG Resident Evil games and 4 and up.
I love the older Resident Evil games and the newer ones too. People would go around saying 4 and up is a bad game or dismissing it completely because "its not a real RE game" It's like saying Super Mario 64 or Super Mario RPG aren't a good Mario game, because every game before it were 2d platformers. A game should be judge on it's own, not whether or not its like the previous games.
This shit urks me the most when people say Resident Evil 0 (A legit bad game, if not the worse game in the series) is better than RE4 because "at least it plays like the older games"

>"the game isn't dubbed in english"

I can handle dubs for vidya, but sometimes a dub suffers from being partially voiced while the original is fully. Eg. Musou games, atelier, nep.

Everything that adds depth and challenge is a nuisance to you casuals. Nuanced gameplay is anathema to casuals.

But user, if that rock to the side of the corridor doesn't have 500 million polygons, my immersion is completely ruined! I don't play video games for some kind of fantasy retreat. I just want more reality.

Super Mario RPG is a unique case though. Infact, all of the Mario RPGs are. They're RPGs, but they're still platformers at heart. They just have a lessened focus on it. So it's good as a Mario game and a spinoff.

Partially voiced in a language I understand is better than fully voiced in one I cant. Especially when I read the text boxes way way way faster than they ever say their dialogue and skip almost all of it.

As long as you don't complain about dead rising's timer, you're ok

Listen you little shit, if a mechanic is fucking retarded, there's no reason for it to stay

If you skip dialouge, there's no difference!

RE 4 uses p much the exact same controls as the previous games so that's a pretty bad argument anyway. RE didn't really get ruined until 5.

Then why do you care what language the audio is, retard

Right, because I read what they say either way almost immediately and waiting for the voice over to finish is a colossal waste of time.

Most people do this.

People I know who rag on games not having the Japanese VO still skip over dialogue this way.

There's zero justification for how hard line these people are about it.

I really love 4 but I also love 1-3 and Remake but somehow I'm not a real fan because I liked 4. The worst part is that the same shitters that pop up in RE4 threads own and played RE4 but act like if they disown it, they can enjoy it and not be complete hypocrites.

I don't, that's the point. I just think it's stupid that people get so outrageously upset over a game not having dual audio.

>It's a JRPG, so it's shit!

Then you should just advocate the removal of voices so there's no need to wait for them to finish talking!

This. Why the hell did anyone ever think voice acting was needed in a video game? Let alone celebrity voices, which run the budget up several million dollars?

Played 300+ hours on hero siege and can confirm all the greentext

You can't understand that some people do and want different things to you? Autism detected.

That's stupid. That's just more jumping to extremes over audio.

There's really no point in having voice over AND text boxes, to be honest. I can read at at least a 5th grade level, I'm pretty sure I can get through this conversation.

Guilty pleasures/being aware of nolstalgia.

I loved Shadow the Hedgehog (game not character) when I was 12 and still have a soft spot for it, doesn't mean its not shit.

>English dub
>dialogue is such a chore that I always turn off the voices, if I even can
>cannot get attached to the story in case I can't, it's just fake to me
>Japanese dub
>delivery makes much more sense, get attached to the story and characters and to what I'm doing

Of course, the game has to be Japanese for this to happen (although I think there are outliers in both ways, Japan is just more consistently professional about VA).

Again, for the second time. I don't have a problem with the preference.

I, do not, have a problem, with the preference.

I think it's stupid that people will refuse to play a game and get genuinely aggressive over something so silly.

>delivery makes much more sense
How would you know if you can't speak the language yourself?

Unvoiced cutscenes and voiced battles are an ok compromise.

I've never seen anyone wait for the voice acting to advance dialogue in games with text boxes. Ever.

a few that get to me are:
>it's a good game, just not a good game of it's series

>you only hate this because of *insert stupid in-game reason here that is not true*

>you only hate it because an e-celeb says it's bad

>it's your fault for not using an obscure mechanic on a blind run of a game

>Play game
>It's original language is anything else instead of Japanese
>"Ew, what the fuck is this shit, where's the english language setting"

There's also people who aren't either english or japanese natives, people who would simply choose a more natural japanese dub, especially in a game with a japanese setting.

You really don't need to know a language to understand acting. The subtleties and intricacies, sure, but on a general basis of "its shit" and "its not shit", most people could do it.

Yeah because it doesn't happen. If you're making a game with text boxes, don't waste your money on VO for the text boxes. Nobody cares what that jagoff sounds like.

>classifying WRPGs and JRPGS by anything other than country of origin

>my logic is that objectively rating games is retarded

You mean judging and criticizing games. Nobody is rating games, some games are just flat out bad regardless if you enjoyed them. If you don't enjoy a game that doesn't necessarily make it bad.

>All the arguments I had about "bad" games (which I liked) were just subjective drivel masked as word of god, which tried to sugar me the pill by going "I like it too"

All criticsm of games you like are just subjective drivel by your logic. If you like a game then it must be good, that is the word of God and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to sugar pill you

>I could be fine if they put the word "think" so that the whole post assumes a subjective stance

When people post their opinions, they assume you understand understand that it's an opinion without having to preface every statement as such. This is a basic facet of human language. Getting caught up in the subjectivity of someone's arguments to dismiss it as "drivel" doesn't help anyone. It just makes you look like an ass.

>if I admit the game is all around flawed in my opinion, I can't bring myself to like it.

That sounds like a personal problem. Plenty of other people are able to squeeze enjoyment out of a knowingly bad game.

>How about "I like/don't like this aspect of it"? I would also be fine with that.
Who cares what you're fine with? Some aspects of a game are just fucking bad/good, I'm not going to preface it with "in my opinion" or "I like / dislike". Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable.

>But you can't say you like the whole game and then trash it
Of course I can. People do it all the time and rightfully so. I don't have an obligation to not criticize bad games just because I liked it. And I'm not obligated to trash good games just because I didn't enjoy it.

Smogon's rules are to prevent the centralizing of the metagame. If you need evidence on why this is a good idea, go look at the top VGC teams for any given year.

That's fine. Getting outrageously upset over it like people do is still ridiculous.

Can you show me a game with bad Japanese voice acting?

>play a game in japanese as god intended
>listening to the sick delivery of the lines in superior nip language
>start piecing together enough of the words yourself
>figure out how to speak Nip through vidya games
>approach QT 3.14 Japanese lady on street
>use your best Nip pickup like
>"donde esta mamacita"

Honestly, who has even the competence here to say something like that?

I have mixed feelings on this one.
Some games are a blast to play with friends, but boring alone.
Some games are straight-up bad, but playing it with friends makes it fun,
I feel like the former is genuine praise and the latter is really more of a qualification

Your comic is dead family, dont spill that shit here

STOP TALKING ABOUT [GAME]
[OTHER GAME] IS MORE POPULAR

Can you show me a japanese game that doesnt use the same 5 voice actors?

>if a mechanic is fucking retarded
All mechanics that add depth and require thinking or skill to use is retarded to you casuals.

I hate those people who disregard negative steam reviews with a ton of hours on them
>They're just trolling. If they played the game so much it's definitely good!

>it gets good after level 30

Friend of mine has been addicted to DCUO for years and uses that excuse when I tell him the game was boring...I only ever got to level 11 I believe

Man, FE:Fates has a genuinely-bad localization, but you can't discuss it because
>You're just mad they took out molestation and bikini armor!

I only want subtitles because sometimes the voice acting is either fucking garbage or too quiet or disjointed that you couldn't tell what they said

The only Japanese voice actor whose voice I could pick out of a line up is the grandma who voices Goku.

Sounds like you're playing a shitty mobile game.

>I play a girl so I can stare at her ass

Subtitles and text boxes with VO are two different things user

There's a difference between text boxes and subtitles. Subtitles are meant to go alongside voice acting, text boxes are large boxes of text you gotta click through at your own pace.

every ASSFAGGOTS or FPS game tbqh

>Get to New Londo and discover the Havel's set and weapons
>Equip that shit through the rest of the game
>Fucking extra ez mode
>Get bitched at by friends and told I didn't REALLY beat Dark Souls

I hate my edgy ass friends group.

Not a game, but king kai in db super was not doing a good performance when he acts crazy but sounds too calm.

Jap goku is more of an issue with the voice itself than the acting. He's been a retard all of super and his jap grandma nails it. Goku brack is decent.

>Say anything bad about company
SHILL
>Say anything good about company
SHILL
>30 rupees have been deposited to your account

I'm not trying to stir shit up, I'm just saying we should just drop the act that Japanese voice acting is some beautiful and wonderfully acted language when we could be listening to The Room tier acting but never notice it.

I didn't say it was an issue, but its the only Jap voice I can actually pick out the actor to.

Granny Goku is surprisingly easy to get used to. Schemmel still best though.

>>Say anything bad about company
>SHILL

what

Honestly that's why I keep coming back here.
Shitposting aside it's great to be able to say "I have X opinion on Y game" and have people immediately respond wanting to talk about the game

Mostly anything related to "artificial difficulty"

>play game for 15 minutes
>die repeatedly
>still do the same shit over and over
>same results, surprise
>artificial difficulty!!!

SeeIt's the only real example I can think of. There was also a ultimate otaku teacher where a main character was voiced by a newbie and she wasn't good.

>Caring about the cross country standard of voice acting
If i think the nip speak sounds cool who cares what the japs think?

How can you have mixed feelings about it?
This is very simple.
You can do basically anything with friends and it can be made fun, including playing bad or good games, the quality is irrelevant.

A game that is boring to play by yourself is a bad game, playing it with friends does not make the game good, it simply means you enjoy playing with your friends.

I had the opposite problem with Dishonored
>Game says it's good to play non-lethal stealth
>Gee this game is boring
>"Yeah, well why didn't you fight and kill people like the game lets you do?"
I mean I get the argument but it's like intentionally-gimping yourself to make things more interesting

There's something about a deep voiced angry Jap man growling and shouting that just gives me the vapors.

Final Fantasy has always been weird for me.
I've played like half of the core entries but I haven't played the newer or most-popular ones for whatever reason so I still miss a ton of conversation about the series

So if I can't play a board game alone it's bad but if I play it with friends and have fun it's still bad?

>"Just increasing health or damage is artifical difficulty and doesn't actually make things more difficult, just more tedious"
Really grinds my gears whenever I see this argument. It CAN just make things just more tedious, but not always. JRPGs for example hinge on the balance of the numbers and how much damage you can do or take. Increasing the enemy's numbers can be the difference between you needing to use actual strategy and you being able to simply DPS race the boss to death without thinking.

That's different, a board game always requires multiple people, games with singleplayer and online multiplayer can be played by yourself entirely.

Does that board game have an intentionally-designed single player option?

Don't be mad, man.

nicely put

Okay if that's what you mean then I guess I understand.
I'm saying that multiplayer-focused games are better with multiple people

>BUT user
>IT'S A STYLE
>THEY SHARE SIMILARITIES

Yeah I agree, my point is bad games can be played with friends and still be enjoyed

Better yet
>People who think WRPGs are only made in America
I've seen people argue that the Witcher isn't a WRPG because Poland is too far east

this is about warframe :(

For me, I like all the flavor lines that never get subbed. You know, like in-battle lines.

>why would i need a gaming desktop when i could just get a gaming laptop and play my next gen games anywhere

>This multiplayer game doesn't have enough Content
K I L L
M E

What happened to Hero and Tanuki?

>grinding is challenge

>It's bad because it's a meme game

>It has cute girls so it's good

Those are almost always simple enough that even someone like me who has never studied nip but watches a lot of anime can understand.

>Dragon Quest sucks bur Earthbound is the best RPG ever made

if you like reddit so much go back pls

>its the Game of Thrones of video games

>It has experience points so it's an RPG

Deadly Premonition

Have you never played good single player FPS's user?

here is my improved list:
Wolfenstein (any except 2008)
Doom (better with mods, every time)
Quake (any except for 4)
Half-Life (any)
Shadow Warrior 1(remix is objectively more accessible, but the original is free on Steam)
Blood 1
Borderlands 2 (not exclusively SP, but good anyway)

Jesus user

Yes half life and fallout: nv are great but they are exceptions not the rule nowadays

I refuse to believe anyone is retarded enough to believe that.

>You don't do *outrageously homosexual thing*
>What are you, gay?

>no fear 1

>it has more content so it's better
the salt doubles if they're saying it in comparison to the previous game in its series

user it's a fucking joke, don't tell me you take that seriously.

this

VGC is far less balanced and more centralizing than any Smogon ruleset.

What's wrong with that

>Paper Mario sticker star/Color Splash doesn't have experience why the fuck do we battle this isn't an RPG

I'm not denying that

But Smogon gets asspergers over the stupidest things

>Anything that has the slightest chance of evasion is banned

Competitive Pokemon is even more of a joke than regular Pokemon and /vp/ needs to get the fuck back to their cesspit

Here, you can never be so sure.

>It's not a game of X genre because it doesn't have this Y typical feature, even if it has all the other things
>Get extremely mad about genres meaning in general

L4D games are pretty fucking bland without playing actual multiplayer. So I would say it's fun with friends.

Look at battlefront and say that again.

KILL EVERYONE.jpg

You don't understand, he wasn't saying he agreed with them, he was just saying that it wasn't an argument, whoever would be saying that is just stating their opinion, not arguing for it.

>cropped porn
Fucking nerd

Is Futabu, askray everybody knows from where it comes-.

>"the game sucks cause you're a nerd"

>having a world map means a game is not linear

>that video game is no longer meant for you so ANY complaints you have about the direction anything related to it is invalid and you are entitled

You are just mad, stinky neckbeard

It's real, overwatch fags genuinely believe you're an "anti overwatch shill" if you shit on the game.

"Only made in America" and "not Poland" are two very different things.

That goes both ways

Complaining about the change in direction is one thing

But to make that as your reason to shit on the game no matter how it turns out IS entitlement

>you didn't complete this task in this unnecessary difficult manner!? You didn't complete the game right!

>gaming takes skill
>gaming takes skill just like real sports
>games are art

Doesn't that really just prove the argument though?

Different writing

Different tastes

Nitpicking specific lines doesn't help

That being said I agree with you that it was bad localization

But in some cases it is tastes

Paper Mario Color Splash has entertaining writing, but people are nitpicking puns and jokes that give them asspergers

Has anyone actually said this?

>games don't take any skill

These Loss edits get harder and harder to understand every time.

>It's comfy

Atmosphere is very difficult to get right and many factors go into creating a particular atmosphere, It's as important to a game as good writing.
Valuing writing or atmosphere over solid gameplay however is wrong

damn right
youtube.com/watch?v=mVBn_li1nRQ

I totally understand the feeling of "comfy" in videogames, but everyone in this shithole overuses the word comfy on everything

That's only acceptable if the game sets the tone right and helps it rather than one comfy segment in a shit game

Liking a comfy segment in a shit game is fine

But not a justification for said game

>it has no soul

Sports are just a primitive lets play

People who use soulless argument pisses me off

EVERY DAMN TIME YOU NIGGAS TRICK ME WITH THIS SHIT. YOU SAY A GAME IS GOOD BUT IT TURNS OUT YOURE JUST BEING AUTISTIC WAIFUFAGS AND THE ACTUAL GAME SUCKS

IVE DONE THIS SHIT TEN TIMES BY NOW

this also pisses me off since it's a shit arguement, but there's also a lot of vidya/anime/manga I've played/seen/read where this is the case and it;s only worth the intial roughness.

Sounds like the problem here is your gayness.

>i'm just not willing to pay full price for a game without singleplayer.

>Vidya related Arguments
>yep, this all definitely is discussion
your reading comprehension is shit

>all funny and original anime/manga/random reaction images
ha
stop being triggered chinese cartoons is love

You don't have to reply to him 3 times user

>why is this female character designed like this? She doesn't look like a real woman at all!

>i'm just not willing to pay full price for a game without multiplayer.

I'm rarely willing to pay full price for any game.

I wouldn't pay full price for a game without single player that also didn't have fully player controlled and run servers.

I only pay full price for low/mid budget games specifically targeting me these days. I wouldn't pay more than 10$ for a mass market AAA game.

>I'm just not willing to pay full price for a game

Same user, this is what I meant. I bought SMT IV:A and DQ7 day one but just recently got RE Revelations 2 for $15.

>IM GOING TO RIOT AND NOT GIVE MONEY BECAUSE I CANT GET A PHYSICAL COPY OF THIS GAME

>diversity is important so we make the entire game about it

You're wrong and dumb

His mod isn't that fun though, it severely limits the shit you can carry in a game where you're expected to constantly carry a bunch of stuff(Like, decent armor is 18 WG on its own, let alone the ammo for the better guns and the guns themselves), and the game isn't like STALKER where you just get overburdened but can still walk around with a penalty unless you're like triple your weight limit, and it forces forces you into either being a drug junkie or a sneak sniper throughout the entire game. Not to mention some of the changes get to be crazy, the health is basically dropped in half with the damage turned up, but even in vanilla on normal with all perks you basically die in two hits to a Deathclaw unless you're chugging down Med-X.

>This [silly/bad/useless game element] ha been this way since the beginning, it's part of the game's identity! We can't change it now.

>This extremely powerful attack that almost never hits is perfect, we're not going to replace it with something that's actually useful. It has to remain this character's signature move because it's so iconic, even though he's one of the worst characters and could really benefit from a new move.

Warlock Punch isn't the worst thing in the world.
Now that uptilt? That's dumb as shit and utterly pointless.
Also what is the game element you're complaining about

If you summoned you didn't beat the game though, that's getting help from an outside source because you can't man up and beat it yourself. It not only messes up the enemy and boss tracking but it gives one of you free hits you would otherwise not get due to you being the sole target and having to dodge properly and learn their pattern to get a hit in, on top of making it so you don't need to kill all the enemies which lets you keep a higher supply of healing materials. If you bring in NPC summons into the mix it breaks things even further since they have like triple or quadruple the health of human summons to make up for their garbage AI.

Take DaS1 for example, you can just summon Paladin Leeroy if you head to Catacombs right from the get-go and immediately get him to kill Pinwheel for you to start the game with 20 Estus. If you summon Solaire for O&S you are basically handed the match since one of the ones sticks to him while the one you've been damaging tracks you, and even though he usually dies due to the damage he takes you basically are handed the second phase completely free, etc. DaS2 has dozens of areas where you can just spawn an NPC to help you deal with so much nonsense it's unbelievable, and they distract bosses like crazy in it.

WP is OK (at least it got armor in Smash 4), but after seeing what Project M (and various other mods) did with Ganondorf, it's sad to think we'll always be stuck with FalconDorf officially. I've always wanted him to have a moveset more true to his abilities in the Zelda games (look up BronzeGreekGod's Project Ganondorf).

The [silly/bad/useless game element] staying in just because it's been around a long time is just a thing that "drives me up the wall" in general, but it's worse when the dumb thing is taking up valuable space that could be used for a better purpose.

>I play as a girl because if I'm going to stare at an ass while I play I might as well stare at one I like.

The problem with this is that you're going to have all these people that are used to the way that Ganondorf has always played in smash, even if he isn't competitive or true to character. The only way that this could be done without alienating people is to add another Ganondorf

This is much. Those fucking retards would have us not complain if there suddenly appeared space ships and Superman in a LOTR game.

>an a press is an a press, you cannot say its only half

>add another Ganondorf
GANON for Smash when?

>it's linear that means it's bad

What's the problem with this? Is it wrong that I like looking at butts?
I-It's not like I'm self-inserting and secretly wish I was a girl or anything!

>Link and Toon Link
>Zelda and Sheik
>Ganondorf and...?
Hey why the fuck not, right?

>fuck you that's why

Literally this

i laughed

>the only reason you would even consider playing as a female is because you're a dress wearing dick sucking sissy boy and you just want to be a girl you fucking faggot

>sports games aren't all the same shit
>racing games aren't all the same shit
>"endless" mobile games are different than "endless" moba games
>The Last of Us isn't just another generic zombie story
>FPS games have merit

FUCK fun.

>It has a lot of grinding but it's still good

I will never get anyone who likes NES RPGs

DQ4 has some cool ideas IMO but grinding sucks ass.