Will either of these games surpass Witcher 3, the current undisputed king of open world games?

Will either of these games surpass Witcher 3, the current undisputed king of open world games?

That crown belongs to GTAV. And the answer is no, but Link is cute

>the current undisputed king of open world games
>Witcher 3
Thats a funny way of spelling Red Dead Redemption

Why is the Nintendo section of this image blurry as shit and the Sony one crisp and clear?

Are you guys that desperate to shill your product?

Both those games easily look better than Witcher 3 in terms of gameplay

Top half of the pic refuses to load.

No, they will not beat Witcher 3. Zelda will be fun and a good step forward for the series, but it will also be held back by the hardware it is on. Horizon Zero Dawn will be a really fun game, but it has too much "ubisoft" style open world in it for it surpass Witcher 3.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is going to dethrone MGSV as best open world military stealth action simulator though.

>zelda
it'll be good but not witcher 3 good probably

>robo dinos
its gonna be shit

not even the best GTA

Name one thing RDR does better than Witcher 3.

Be serious.

Horizon probably won't be any good, I don't know if Breathe of the Wild will beat Witcher 3 in terms of setting/world building or open-world elements but the gameplay will probably be better.

If someone insults Zelda one more time, I'm going to blow a gasket.

>ubisoft

hahhaha

>either of those turds surpassing Witcher 3
>Witcher 3, the current king of open world games
I love double bait like this.
>that image
Oh... oh my. This is going to be a good thread.

>people ITT think Witcher 3 is good

It's not boring as fuck

enlighten us user

>wicked sick combat
>GOAT graphics
>immersive world
>manly protagonist real gamers can relate to, instead of female or fuccboi
>practical yet interesting designs all around
>revolutionary dialog system
>best girls
>fantastic NPCs and meaningful moral choices

Yes, Witcher 3 is that good and the countless GOTY awards weren't given out for no reason.

Revolutionary dialog system and sick combat? I dunno about those dude.

Youre a fucking faggot frogposter but youre right, TW3 is overrated AAA trash and is no better than TLoU.

When did Cred Forums go full on hipster and start claiming MM>OoT and Bioshock 2 was the best in the series? The Witcher 3 was one of the greatest games ever created, regardless of system or genre.

>is overrated AAA trash
Reminder to always dismiss this shit as "it's popular so I don't like it"

bioshock 2 is the best one the series tho

>ubisoft

Mgsv is more fun than Witcher 3, but no one actually cares about game play on Cred Forums

zelda sucks

People are legit threatened by Witcher 3.

Like how people were threateneed by Crysis and how its graphics are still unsurpaassed ot this day.

Its boring as all hell, user. RPG-ified Bamham combat, samey sidequests (hunt these 10 different monsters over and over), "follow the red trail" witcher vision, and an empty open world. You find all of this out within the first 2 hours of playing.

>but muh narrative and immersion

Just another cinematic experience casuals cling to. The game doesn't deserve the worship it gets. 6/10 at best.

Witcher 3 is shit, just like all the games in the series. Zelda will be good and possibly great. Horizon will be generic AAA crap forgotten about in 3 weeks. Call me Nostradamus.

>>wicked sick combat

Stopped reading there

When did open world become a contest for the shittest in game mechanics?

Never played any zelda game so i'm just going to assume its shit

Top tier bait right here, ill pasta this

zelda's climbing mechanic was something totally essential nobody noticed was missing from open world games

i don't know what the sony game has that's new because it looks bland and forgettable

i wouldn't call witcher 3 the king of open world games, as that was more or less its weakest element
it's the king of palatable video game cutscenes though

> wicked combat bros

Lets all point and laugh

Nintendo stopped being relevant in the early 2000 and haven't made anything worth of note since then

horizon looks like a scripted mission based action game where the open world is a farce.

>Witcher 3
That game's boring as hell, Mario Kart's a better open world game than that shit.

Does the Witcher 3 have countless procedural events?

Aside from games that sell millions of copies, and a handheld that sold about as much as the PS2.

>but not witcher 3 good
but witcher 3 is shit. The battle is archaic garbabe that Zelda alone obliterate into oblivion. And the rpg elements are non existent, with no customisation.

>Reminder to always dismiss this shit as "it's popular so I don't like it"

No retard, it means it uses formulaic game design to streamline and dumb down to appeal to a larger demographic of casuals

NIGGA YOURE FUCKING RETARDED

it doesn't help that the witcher is shallow, has barely any RPG element, and is ugly as literal shit because westerner devs are literally afraid of beauty.

He said best open world game
San Andreas is 'only' the best RPG ever made

taberu~

Two words: Wii

But user, Witcher 3 doesn't even have the best open-world of its year

herp de derp 'procedural events'
skyrim had infinite quests and it was shit
no man's sky was procedural and shit

So I take that as a no with a healthy dose of butthurt.

Nintendo games are for kids. That's why they're always censored

Robo Dinos could be solid, but I just don't trust a single drop of the footage we've seen thus far.

How was Witcher 3 a good open world game again? Skellige was the only visually amazing area in the base game and the world map is just a clutter of "?"s everywhere.

U avin a laugh buh?

That's the point if open world games. For you to do quests and explore.

Empty open world? WTF kind of open world do you want? There is a shit ton of empty worlds out there but Witcher 3 do a good job filing it with things.

I hope Zelda is somehow even better than I expect it to be just to watch so many people on Cred Forums take the most hilarious u-turn.

All this Witcher 3 shilling is really getting me interested in playing it.

Cred Forums is alraedy pro Nintendo and wouldnt stop shilling it regardless of its quality.

>game looks forgettable

When the first gameplay preview was shown it looked like mecha monster hunter, bows only. That was an A+ reveal. Now it looks pretty good but most of the tricks were already shown. Also, you don't remember it because it's a new IP.

>Zelda
>climbing

This existed in 3D Zeldas. It's not new, and it's not exactly a great climbing mechanic. Obviously games like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, and even Infamous have climbing that makes sense somewhat. BotW is more scaling than handhold hopping.

I hate to break it to you but combat in Zelda is shit outside of boss battles (which are never even remotely challenging unless you're figuring out the puzzle). There is no challenge to Zelda as a 3D series.