It's October?

It's October?

And you know what that means...

Halloween! Aka the best holiday (well, in some specific parts of the world at least)

What are some of the best spooky/horror games?

I've currently got...:

Alien: Isolation
Dead Space 2
F.E.A.R
Silent Hill 2

downloaded so far.

What else should be added to the list? Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AVawmopW4S4
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYaZTkAwGY
youtube.com/watch?v=flKOtXC4oyM
youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

REmake
RE1 - 4
RE Code: Veronica X
The Evil Within
Dead Space (I find the first game scarier)
Sanitarium
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Fatal Frame 1 and 2 (I haven't played 3 so Idk about it)

Outlast is pretty good, so are the penumbra games. I haven't played any of the amnesia games yet and am downloading them both right now, I've heard from a lot of people that A Machine for Pigs will be a letdown in regards to the first game though. The games you have downloaded are also top tier and I would have suggested them if you weren't already going to play them. If you have a few lads to play with play Cry of Fear coop, lights out, max volume.

I love Halloween but for the past few years it just doesn't feel like Halloween anymore where I'm at

>move to a place where my house is surrounded by trees
>closest neighbour starts cutting his down
You motherfucker.

Fuck video games. I'm here for the comfy spooky stories and pictures.

Resident Evil 4 is fantastic.

Also, anyone here played Silent Hill 2 on an emulator? I think that's how I'm gonna play through it as I've heard it's the "best" version.

Are there any known issues that come with it however that I should know before hand going in (in relation to the emulator?)

Thanks.

I'm reversed.
>2014 10 trick or treaters
>2015 60 trick or treaters
cool?

>Sanitarium
This is a man of extremely good taste.

October isn't a holiday, you don't get any time off work. They don't cancel school.

I like to play Bloodline around Halloween.

If only.

Time to get the razors.

RE5's Lost in Nightmares
Castlevania Chronicles and SotN
Lords of Shadow 2 and its DLC
Alan Wake

For people who like weird shit and walking sims.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=08rj_ioKNSo

Post you are favorite spook

>Outlast is pretty good

Not really. It's more of a shitty stealth game with a spooky atmosphere.

>Swarm of Trick or Treaters come at the start now because parents don't want their kids walking around at night
>Despite the fact the parents that are scared ARE WALKING RIGHT NEXT TO THEM
>Despite the fact my entire town is sheltered and white as hell
>Rest of the night is empty as hell

youtube.com/watch?v=AVawmopW4S4

Waxworks is good for a super old spooky game.

Nice. Totally saw it coming.

Fatal Frame
Evil Within
Dead Space

Dead by daylight

Shadows of the Damned

When are Halloween sales going to start up? I'd like to pick up Dead Space 1 and 2 on PC.

haydee

What about some non-horror Fall/halloween games?

I can think of Towerfall Ascension, and a rcent one I played which I enjoyed was Wand Wars.

I know its not much of a horror game but it did start development as one, but I've been really wanting to play Onimusha1 for some reason.

GTA IV, I guess.

How so?

Iirc, the trees around Michelle's house and others in the game have turning leaves.

Started playing last week in an emu, no errors that I can see

Currently started playing Soma. Got to love a game that quotes PKD from the get go.

Costume Quest is a short and charming JRPG-like that's set during Halloween. Its main fault is that it could have easily been something grander, yet if you can stomach a bit of repetitiveness for a few hours it's a great way to get into that Halloween mood.
Have yet to get the second one, might if there's a Halloween sale or something.

Beyond that, there's always Castlevania and Splatterhouse to replay during the season.
I'm a Classicvania guy but I've yet to decide if I'll go with 4, Bloodlines or Chronicles this yer, of if I should play trough ReBirth for the first time.
All of the 8 and 16-bit Splatterhouse games are recommended, and I pretty much play trough them all each October.

Costume Quest is good but boy did the 2nd one suck ass.

Yeah, I played through the first one a few years ago too.

As for horror, Siren is pretty tense and scary.

>emulating a game with a PC version
How fucking retarded can one be?

What was so bad about it? I never played it.

the ps2 version looks to best, he's not retarded

Yeah, Siren is great, though the British accents are so out of place.

I felt like it lost a lot of the charm the 1st one had in the story and setting areas, and despite having a more involved combat system with more options it just feels like a chore. Also the Creepy Treat cards dont have the great art that the first game had in favor of a greatly simplified art style.

he stated in his post he heard its the best version, meaning its better than the pc version. but im just making assumptions based off of his posts so i could be wrong.

Except it's not the best version. Hell the Xbox version is better than the PS2 version.

Question, I remember years ago there was a thread about a browser that was pretty creepy. It was called something like the Himalayan Mountain Incident/Massacre or something like that. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Nice, that's the one I own. Why is it better though?

>tfw REmake is on PS+ free this month

I'm so ready

I actually liked A Machine for Pigs. It does a really good job at building up atmosphere and tension without throwing a shitty AI monster at you every 5 minutes like Amnesia did except in the last few chapters. It also has this really cool tense moment that is kind of cinematic but still gives you full control to run around and explore and I loved it. It was a cinematic moment done right.

Any more neat short spooks like this?

I remember you posted this in my thread a few days ago, you said it wasn't done yet.

well he did put best in quotation marks. considering he's deciding to emulate, he prob doesnt own the original consoles anymore, and you cant exactly emulate the xbox unfortunately

In the mood for a Chambersian/Lovecraftian point and click?
Look no further.

I also recommend the two Darkness Within games and Scratches.
The Black Mirror games are also pretty great, though the first has a few problem which it makes up for with atmosphere.

If you want to go a bit more classic, Sanatarium has already been mentioned and it's a must play. Shadow of the Comet is great if you're able to wrestle with the interface, Prisoner of Ice less so but easier to play. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is a given.

Sort of dropped it at the time due to external circumstances, but if you're looking for a surreal indie thrill, Year Walk is oozing with that Scandinavian fairy tale horror atmosphere.
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYaZTkAwGY

Best adaption of a timeless classic.
youtube.com/watch?v=flKOtXC4oyM

Thanks for the heads up on Year Walk, I forgot I own it, I'll probably try it out now.

I will disagree with you on I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream though, it is a pretty bad point and click game that suffers from being purely trial and error. I get it is supposed to sort of reflect the eternal suffering of the protagonists from the original short story but it just makes for a bad game having to restart every time you do something wrong.

Part of the "fun" though is uncovering all those errors, getting fates more horrible than death and other gruesome stuff. Though, to be totally honest, I still prefer the original short story.

Cement Mixer Simulator 2003 has the wrong title.

The Static Speaks My Name is pretty good.

Awesome, this stuff is so comfy. I love it.
Also I'm not normally an anime shit but I recommend watching Yami Shibai. Each episode is a short story based on Japanese myths & urban legends. Its similar to that Freaky Stories show we had, except its not silly and the animation style is neat and made to look like paper puppets. Check it out.

Its kind of horror/occult themed but the game itself isn't scary. They Bleed Pixels.

"free"

I already have the PS3 version, but will have to buy the PS4 one for RE Zero HD, since I try not to buy digital if I don't have to.

How many of those will run on a toaster? My laptop can run SH1 fine.

I'm not him, but all of them should.

Here, have another one.
youtube.com/watch?v=5LNHYz89sNc

>alien isolation
>resident evil(s)
>fatal frame(s)

Interesting how nobody complains about female protags when they're well done and not just hamfisted into a game to fill some diversity quota. It's like almost every recent game with a female protagonist is some radfem caricature of their mary sue selves and they're always one-dimensional shit characters that act like dudes with tits.

saved, thanks for posting this

Cool. Thanks.

Thanks, friend.

For others, another recommendation is Home. Simple indie pixel game with a gloomy atmosphere whilw you uncover the story.

You can bet the gaming "media" would have complained if Resident Evil 4 was first released a couple of years ago.

IMSCARED

Any Steam/PSN sales for horror games yet?

>needs to be surrounded by decorations to enjoy Halloween

It's a state of mind for me.. I really dont play that many horror vidya or watch horror movies throughout the year. What I do is just pile up everything I want to play/watch for October and enjoy the shit out of it for the whole month.

Too much stress for me if all i do is play horror games after work. I just want to relax usually. I reserve horror for fridays and saturdays.

That also works. 8 days of horror stuff; not bad.

No one said MediEvil yet?

And although it hasn't aged well, Jersey Devil on PS1.