ITT games you regret buying/playing

ITT games you regret buying/playing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rBltjcXIDJM
youtube.com/watch?v=_9f3wsGIRpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Self bump.

For me it was OlliOlli, the trial and error gameplay pissed me off so much that I just rushed to the last stage.

Also the soundtrack was pretty good but the game has like seven songs and by the end of the first "world" you already know all of them.

Overwatch, Metroid: Other M, Sonic 2006 and Bloodborne

usfiv

Can you tell us the why user? I know the mirror stuff and shit, but I still think about buying it at a low price.

Why Bloodborne?

No mans sky

A friend was super hyped so I bought it for him for his birthday..and figured since he'd be playing i'd pick it up too.

Now I assumed there wouldn't be MP but I could chill out and talk to him while we played etc

4 hours in we never touched it again

>general regrets
Fallout 3
Payday 2
Starbound
Forge

>regrets I really should have seen coming
Fallout 3 DLC
Warframe
The Elder Scrolls Online
Overwatch
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

>a mixture of regret and fond memories
World of Warcraft
Team Fortress 2 I only regret it because I wasted just over 8000 hours of my life playing it

You wasted almost an entire year of your life playing one video game... wow.

>8000 hours
make it to 10000 and you're by definition a master of it

Watch Dogs, The Division and WoW WoD

It was pretty fun though.

>

Theres nothing wrong in having 8000 hours of fun

Tfw I might be the only person on Cred Forums who loves the division

The Witcher 2

Forever will that shitstain of a series-ruining game sit in my gog library and taunt me.

Atleast there was deal on when I bought it so I got Planescape Torment and Fallout 2 with it.

SF X Tekken on the PC.

I regret buying it.
But it was still fun to play.
Just not on PC.

I got Beginners Guide for a fucking buck via humble bundle and I still regretted it.

Undertale

It's a modern game through and through. Season pass, one button takedowns and braindead gunplay (much like HR, but even more offensive since stealth is never the focus), style over substance with its overburdened graphical engine, janky side shit like the Deus Ex app to unlock things in-game.

If you like pretty games then go ahead, it looks nice in motion. Doesn't feel nice however. Feels like a cash in.

I loved The Division up until I got to endgame. Then the whole fucking thing fell apart. Mind you, last I played was post patch where it added set items.

I've bought it for 5€ and still feel buyer's remorse.

Oh fuck Lost Planet 2.

I played the demo and I fucking loved it, then I rented the whole game and fuck, it was a multiplayer story mode, the monsters were all shit and by the end of the game I was so frustated and upset that I was playing like a idiot.

I wasted a whole day playing that shit game and getting mad

>>general regrets
>Fallout 3
>>regrets I really should have seen coming
>Fallout 3 DLC

Fear 3...

Saint's Row 3
worst humor I've ever witnessed.

Dead Rising. Mind you I never played the original. Just couldn't get into it. Refunded it after 1 1/2 hrs

Saint's Row 2 was really pushing it but I couldn't bring myself to hate the lelsorandumb there. 3 and on were just disgraceful.

First time I played Dead Rising 2 the timer pissed me off and I gave up, I replayed it later on and today I love it. Going to buy the original remastered soon

This.

All the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games

I want to love them so much, they're right up my alley in terms of settings and inventory management and shit, and how massively hyped they get on Cred Forums. But my god, they are truly boring games. I get a decent way through them before realising I'm forcing myself to play it because I want to like it so much, rather than actually enjoying it.

I have the same problem with all the Witcher games.

My only regrets are EE3 and Windward.

Because I can't discuss it here without somebody getting asshurt, or fanboys showing up.

So many. Time to have some fun:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Besiege
Binding of Isaac Vanilla
Divekick
Elite Dangerous
Enter the Gungeon
Factorio
Hotline Miami 2
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid 5
Monaco
OlliOlli
Stellaris

That's about all I've got in the regret department. Some are good games. But I got tired of them very quickly.

No Man's Sky
Payday 2
Street Fighter 5
The Division

Plus all the games i got in steam sales that i've never played or languish in the hidden folder. I think i need to go through and straight-up remove some of the shit in there i know for a fact i'll never play.

>they are truly boring games
>I have the same problem with all the Witcher games.
COD and Michael Bay is more your style, you huperactive adhd fagglet.

I actually bought Borderlands collection on the PS4. And I don't mind a console FPS, but that game is so fucking bad I will never stop regretting this. And it wasn't even full price, but still, spending it on anything else would have been better. God damn it.

MGSV

Yandere Simulator.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. does take a bit to ramp up, and then it falls off once you get into a position where you may as well be Master Chief because nothing can touch you, but that delicious, fear filled meaty center is worth it.

>Borderlands 2
>Left 4 Dead because I bought it in a bundle with L4D2 and could've just gotten the second one alone and saved some money
>Spore
>Warframe
>Euro Truck Simulator
>Prison Architecht
>Minecraft
>All CODs post-WaW

>Elite Dangerous
I still launch it sometimes just to cruise around. Then I remember that's literally the entire game and quit.

Halo 4

Dragon's Dogma

I have an entire category for shitty games so they don't clog up my Steam library. It's more than a screen length long at this point, mostly thanks to game bundles 75%+ discounts.

post it

Wow wow wow big guy. Hotline Miami 2? I'm literally about to buy it, why didnt you liked it?

Also fuck OlliOlli

Fallout 4

stalker, what a piece of garbage

It always gets a lot of (you)s.

I would love to hear your thoughts on Halo 4 and if you played Halo 5 user

I'm so sorry.

>The Void
You earned your (You).

honestly don't see anything wrong with that. a lot of those games got sequels that just did it better. like isaac and jet set radio. you saying
>it always geta a lot of (you)s.
makes me think you just made it for bait though.

Red Dead Redemption, it gave me the worst buyer's remorse I've ever felt, and I only paid 20 dollars for it.

>blood dragon
>super meat boy

Hmmm no?

i regret the 30 or so minutes i put into guilty gear 2 overture and the 15 minutes of soma

oh and gone home

It really is for my own benefit. I've got over 250 titles and I'm probably closing in on 500, so I needed to cut down on the size of my unsorted library. I was more acknowledging that I've got some popular titles in there (and some that might be good, but unplayable due to 3rd party DRM).

I'm about 2 hours into Soma and it really hasn't gotten any good.

Underwater segments are absolute trash

Blood Dragon and From Dust are there due to UPlay (there used to be no warning); I feel like one or two other titles are too, but I don't remember for sure. I might pirate DRM free copies some day so I can actually play them.

people praise the story but the gameplay is too abysmal to even experience it
jesus christ who thought waiting for slow as fuck robots to walk away from the place you need to go was fun
i hate that genre of horror

The Division, played the beta and I had tons of fun with a group of 16 people. Real game comes and it's shit, even with 16 people.

Fuck I had such high hopes for Soma

metro 2033
paid $5 for this turd and will never touch it again. thankfully it was only $5.

Since I have more money than sense:
>half the CE that NISA and !F put out
They have gotten better over the years, but in a good number of cases, the extras are better than the game itself
>just about every fightan gaem
I just can't gitgud with these, and when I do, tryhards suck all the fun out. The only exception is the KoF games with their amazeballs soundtracks.
>comeback games from industry hasbeens
3DRealms, I'm looking at you and the sloppy as shit handling that went into Bombshell

total war warhammer

Rivery City Ransom Tokyo
Just released a few days ago. I'm a huge fan of both the NES and the GBA games. This game gets rid of the core element of raising your stats: eating food.

There were literally 3 things that you do in river city ransom.
a) Kick ass
b) collect money
c) buy food for stats

They removed the third point. I've completely finished the game in a single evening. It's super duper easy. They also got rid of the reputation gimmick, which you would use to recruit NPCs.

All in all, I'm very sorry I spent 30 dollars on it. Hopefully the third party remake that's coming out soon will do the series justice.

>Couldn't even play as "Alex", only the black haired protagonist Kunio/Ryan

How has no one here said Far Cry Primal yet?

I bought it at full price too. Please kill me.

Metal Gear Solid V

what were you thinking

This. I didn't think it was possible to be that bored fighting monsters with Nathan Explosion, Schierke, and Big Boss, but it found a way.

The beta was surprisingly fun and I'm surprised people ended up dropping the game as hard as they did.
Never actually bought the game myself

Corpse Party: Blood Drive. I paid money for this. If I had even a hint about how full retard it went compared to the rest of the series, I'd never have bought it.

At least it made the spinoff joke game canon, Sachiko was cute as hell.

I got Sonic Lost World for $15 a few years ago, sealed. I still felt ripped off.

>2k16
>Not being informed about the games you buy
Like how? Even after reading the fucking steam page you should now if you like the game.

Any Ubisoft game made in the last 10 years
MGSV

>implying I bought EE3 in 2k16
Fuck it's been almost a decade... maybe I'll reainstall to rekindle my hate of it.

>he bought a reskin for 60$ dollars

Someome please add a reaction image

For you

Fallout 4

even shit games like nu male's sky get great reviews on release

nuDOOM

Mediocre as all hell

It could have been fun if it wasn't for the fact that it has less than 20 missions, that take around 20 minutes each. Zero replayability, unless you like grinding RNG for new weapons.

World of Warcraft, i played it since 2007, had 300 days logged in (mostly afk but still) after MoP i was just forcing myself to play it, also Warlords of Draenor was so bad i just quit and never looked back.

How could you possible not know this before buying it? It was everywhere

GTA V and Fallout New Vegas

No, user. You get to live with it.

>Bought Modern Warfare 2 at full price

This is the only game i regret buying, the developers never patched it up completely and when they tried to patch it a bit before running with the moneys they made it worse and completely destroyed whatever remained of it

No man's sky. I fell for the meme. I will never get my $60 back.

The bugs ruined the experience for me. I remember wanting to go NCR but the quest line broke and I was forced to do the Yes Man route.

Don't buy Gamebryo/Creation Engine games on console where there aren't any unofficial patches.

>all these people falling for the numale sky/one man lie meme

I thought Cred Forums was redpilled?

Like 90% of my Steam library. Most of my games I bought when I first got a gaming capable PC, and so I was blinded by excitement; especially with Steam sales.

Unepic
Deponia
Starbound
Payday 2

ARK
Diablo 3

Tales of Xillia 2
100% Orange Juice
Quake 2

No OP but I got HLM2 as well
11/10 soundtrack
10/10 gameplay
6/10 level design
5/10 story

Its a copy of the first with more music (all of which is equally fantastic), more weapons (which play just as fun), bad level design with frustrating desicions made for enemy placement, none of the deep themes the original HLM conveyed about murder and the guilt of enjoying hurting others and a messy story with no clear focus

Definitely worth the purchase but its not the zeightgeist the original was

I just straight up delete them from my account if I know I'll never play them. Is it a waste of money? Yeah. But at least I can forget about them this way.

Super Mario Maker.

Christ, I can't find a decent level to play.

Maplestory.

Literally hundreds of dollars wasted on Korean cosmetics and P2W bullshit, all with an expiration date just to keep my wallet empty.

Fuck F2P MMOs.

LA Noire, Dark Void, Brink all preordered. I still wish i could get my money back

Five Nights at Freddy's
Overwatch
Diablo 3
Amnesia
Supreme Commander 2
Starbound
Gauntlet

Did not like any of them even a little

Conception II

Final Fight Streetwise. Terrible motherfucking music selection. Combat could definitely be better. Feels like it only went through enough QA until publishers said "you know what? I need money so just put the game on the shelves already." I usually forgive the game if the mechanics are good like in Fighting Force or if the story is engaging enough to interest me like in the first Yakuza.

I only regret blowing 60 dollars preordering MGSV

Agarest generations of wat (I think this is the name) on steam

What a shitty game

100% orange juice? Is this seriously a game?

persona 3
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Journey
Mirrors Edge
No Man's Sky
Enter the Gungeon
Lost planet 1
Borderlands 2
Minecraft
Blood Dragon
Terraria

Brainpipe fucking kek I got that trash for like 90 cents and still regret that shitting up my library. You too eh?

Any monster hunter game

I've gotten over my regret of preordering Bioshock Infinite.

But I'll never get over purchasing the season pass after playing it, hating it, and expecting the DLC to be better. I must really hate myself.

I don't have many regrets because I usually buy pretty carefully.

The only ones I'd say I truly wasted my money on was Elite: Dangerous. Everything else I've bought I've gotten my money's worth of.

The Last Remnant. The epitome of tryhards overhyping a shitty game.

>Dude just read this fucking dictionary before you play the game loool it's soooo goood

No thanks.

Fucking this, YWW and Mk8

There were warning signs everywhere, yet i didn't listen.

I've only put in about 4 and a half hours since I got it yesterday but right now it's Dragon Quest VII.

I didn't think it was possible for a game to do field encounters so badly that I'd want random encounters back. Or at least map design that isn't shit. Battle system is just a bit too vanilla for me, basically had nothing to use in battle besides basic attacks and one spell until I was almost at the 2nd boss.

I kind of get Persona 3 because of all the grinding, but some there feels unfair

the combination of the D3 and GW2 disasters in 2012 gave me PTSD and since then I haven't bought a game before extensively trying it first.

What a let down. Drops the ball on practically everything.

What are you talking about? The trailer is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=rBltjcXIDJM

Life's chock full of drama, huh chief?

bioshock infinite
skyrim
fallout 4 pirated

Hope you pop back in. I hated the level design. Rooms are too empty and filled with glass. It's not challenging, just hard for the sake of hard. The story is nonsense and it's an excuse to make you wear certain masks and combat styles instead of choosing like in Hotline 1.

The soundtrack was pretty hype, though.

I enjoyed the difficulty of HM2. Maybe it's because I tried to combo the whole level/go for high scores(I was within top 20 on most levels) that I found it engaging. Not sure if you did.

It's kinda funny if you go back to HM1 after playing HM2. The difficulty in 1 becomes so slow and pathetic once you adjust to 2.

Borderlands 1 and 2.
Bioshock 1, 2, and Infinite.
Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

I think those are the big ones. Tons of humble bundle garbage games, of course.

Honestly, aside from Blood Dragon, I agree with your list. That was fun for one play-through.

Clearly bought a lot of the early HumbleBundles like I did.

There just wasn't much to it and the final boss being a helicopter just ruined it for me. Felt like destiny 2.0, just go out and indiscriminately shoot people until we tell you the level ends

Feels like they didnt wanna do a sequel then tbqhf, feels like they did because they felt they had to

MW3
metal gear rising
shadow of mordor
mortal kombat X
deus ex HR
crysis 2
NFS hot persuit and shift

and more

>final boss being a helicopter

Are you fucking kidding me

That shitty multiplayer Batman shooter (it wasn't even that bad, my issue was it gave me constant blue screens, and the devs didn't support the game at all, never responded to my or other players tech issues, then it went F2P with no rewards for buyers)

Skyrim
Fallout 4

My ex-girlfriend

Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3

Street Fighter V

SMT: Soul Hackers

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

BRINK

Ace of Spades

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Crysis 2

Dungeon Defenders

All of the Sam and Max games

Blade Symphony

Borderlands 2
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel

Various Path of Exile supporter packs

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Deadpool

Don't Starve

Kentucky Route Zero

Far Cry 4

Hotline Miami 2

Interstellar Marines

Killing Floor 2

Krater

Lichdom: Battlemage

Nether

That garbage penny arcade game

Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Revelations 2

Skullgirls

Take on Mars

Terraria

Splinter cell Conviction

TOXIKK

Verdun

War of the Roses

Various dead Worms games

XCOM 2

Daikatana on the N64.

>$43
>low price
Heh

>buys dark souls
>regrets it.
>buy dark souls 2 anyway
>regrets it
>still buy dark souls 3 anyway

I know, right?
Same can be said for Call of Duty.
I'm such a fucking idiot.

overwatch
cod ghosts
EDF 4.1

>JAVS

apparently i bought sleeping dogs 2 years ago and didnt even play it once

Dragon Age anything.

>Being this wrong and having taste this shit.

>dead space 3
>mercenaries 2
>Need for Speed (the reboot or whatever)
>battlefront (reboot again)

the last two was because I was peer pressured

>tfw bought NFS MW 2012
>hated it
>but the 2015 NFS
not that bad

>Other people's opinions affect mine.
Neck yourself

Mostly from bundles

I just realised these are all EA fml

Drakengard 3 its literally a ps2 game that nearly runs on a ps3. Horrible voice acting, childish storyline and dynasty warriors combat but not as good..

MGSV TPP
EDF 4.1
Inquisitor
Expeditions: Conquistador

>tfw the most fun ive had this year was with a F2P game

The ending killed it, but still one of the best games I have ever played

Dont tell me its palladins

mercs 2 was epic you retard

wish for more merc games, i dotn get why people dont think its epic

For the (You)s

Amazing Spiderman for the full price of 60 dollars. This was before steam refund.

During my THICC fap binges I came across this image and successfully came to it

I like this game desu, but yeah I didnt paid full price

path of exile

I was drunk and wanted something fun to play

It was a buggy game that actually crashed on me a few times and though I had less than an hour played Valve would not refund it. This was during a game when Valve was far more strict on refunds. I really regret this purchase.

Undertale. Photoshop fight looked cool, but everything else was so eh.

>mostly ehh games
this list is okay
>factorio
JESUS CHRIST FUCK NO YOU SHIT HEAD FUCKER GO TO HELL
WHAT
THE FUCK
IS WRONG WITH YOU
RREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

All of them. Every single fucking game.

Rust

>Isaac
>Divekick
>Gungeon
>Hotline 2
>Monaco
>OlliOlli
agreed

>Factorio
seriously? I haven't played; what's wrong with it?

HLM2 has so many fucking windows and overly huge rooms it's not even funny. HLM1 was probably my most satisfying 100%; HLM2 is just tedious bullshit most of the time.

70% of my steam library.

Witcher 3. Just wasn't for me.

Suikoden 2. Good god. Borderlands 2. I paid money for smash bros on gamecube too, fucking huge regret, it was only a couple of $AU but still...
Yeah they're really bad games, don't remind me.

This.

Dark Souls. Combat system is too tedious and slow for me. And I hate how everyone thinks devs should strive to emulate it

takedown: red sabre

literally why did you buy this
they didn't even try to hide that they're ripping off Minecraft

>Metal Gear Rising

What?

I pirated that game and felt fucking robbed.

I wish I was joking
youtube.com/watch?v=_9f3wsGIRpU

...HM2 is fun if you're good at it and have a decent music taste

Overwatch, Rare Replay, Tom Clancy's The Division, CS:GO, Elder Scrolls Online, Nintendo 3DS, Animal Crossing, Call of Duty AW, Halo: Spartan Assault, Hitman Absolution. That is just about all of them I can remember.

Overwatch
Dead or Alive 5
Street Fighter IV
Every wow expansion past wotlk
GTAVI
I regret playing World of Tanks even though it's f2p
CS:GO
Shadow Warrior

Probably a bunch more

Duke Nukem Forever

>binding of isaac
>dungeons of dredmor
>lead and gold
>terraria

dark souls
god, what a boring fucking game. get to the place and kill the same enemies for a couple hours then move to the next place. anyone that likes thisbshit series is a liar

and mh3u
spent $60 on this garbage. graphics are literally worse than ps2 shit and the wii u version has the exact same graphics as the 3DS version. how fucking lazy. not to mention its just a grind fest

Quake 3 is there because my GPU flipped out and I'm afraid to try playing it again.

>Amnesia
why's that? I've been considering getting it.

>The Void
>Meatboy

Doom 4
complete waste of time and money

I think the reason was something like lots of enemies and scary moments in this and the Penumbra series are just fake-outs and there's little/no real danger.

I added this a long time ago though, so that could be wrong.

>Witcher 3, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3.

Those are the ones I regret most because paid full price.

I really hate number 3

how do you make it stop crashing

>Shadow Warrior
It's bullshit how they advertise this as a "classic FPS" when it's nothing like a classic FPS. It's the same modern bullshit, and is very little like Shadow Warrior.

and yet I still want to play it

my biggest regret was street fighter 5, and I don't even think the game is bad, it's because I'm shitty at it

mgsv and fallout 4

Overwatch

I stopped playing it after the first 2 weeks and will probably never play it again, what a fucking waste

Smash 4
I was so sure I was gonna like it that I fucking downloaded it into my system.
I know Brawl was the one to kill a lot of people's hype for games and made them cautious about being hyped for other games, but fuck I have never had such fucking autistic hatred towards a fucking game. At least Brawl had some new shit and a fucking soul. Smash 4 has no personality. It's literally Brawl 2 with less shit to do.

Mass Effect 3
The Division

Most recently Fallout 4 and Dark Souls 3.

Why would someone regret buying Borderlands 2?

Eh, Gauntlet's still actually fun with friends, but I liked Sacred Citadel a little better, due to the more over the top nature.

About $250 worth of regret believe or not

Destiny easily. My friend convinced me to get it, praising it as one of his favorite games ever. He plays it daily and so I figured you know what I'll get this game. I've never played such a shallow boring game in my life. Beyond that Starbound is definitely one, along with Payday 2. SFV also, couldn't enjoy it whatsoever and ended up just giving up playing the game after the second month.

IS defense

this lol. i even tried getting with a crew and trading with 30 year olds on Teamspeak. did it for about a week and got into a good ship. fucking boring I dont know how these guys get home from work and just do more work on Elite Dangerous

dont listen to these faggots SOMA was incredible. Don't buy atmospheric games thinking they're action-packed horror thrillers. It's atmospheric and contemplative, and to some that's boring

Guild Wars 1 & 2 (especially the first one, what garbage)

LotR Battle for Middle Earth 2; easily the shittiest rts I've ever played

Operation Flashpoint Dragoon Rising; wasn't even that bad but I definietly should've pirated it, especially since mp/co-op worked fine if you did

Warhammer Mark of Chaos was disappointingly shit

Joint Task Force was also an incredibly bad RTT I paid $50 for.

Got Assassins Creed 3 day one and was hugely disappointed. That game was the begging of the end for the franchise

I got Demon Souls at launch because a friend told me it was amazing and regretted it. I also gave into the meme again when DS2 came out, and regretted it even more; gave it to my roomate for free.

Ark Survival Evolved is a dumb over the top version of Rust and I wish I could get my $$ back.

Paid full price for the Archeage beta, put over 100 hours into it and hit the level cap before I realized how grindy/p2w it was.

And to top it all off, the stupid god damn game in pic related. Was only $15 but god damn, what was I thinking?

>Mirror's Edge
why? This was a great game and my personal favorite game of all time

prison architect and thiw war of mine

buying:
>fallout 4
>banished
>stellaris
>eu 4
playing:
killing floor
cities: skylines

Bought this yesterday, downloading it onto my console now

How fucked am I?

Hangyourself/10

>Guild Wars 1 & 2 (especially the first one, what garbage)
WHAT?!?!You might not like the first one but saying it's worse than the second, when did you start playing the first one?

Preordered the limited edition of sims 4, biggest fucking meme of a game. Wanted to kms.

>Red faction guerilla
What's wrong with it?

I bought FF 13 on release day. I still think it's the worst purchase I've ever made.

Overwatch.

I got bored.

RE5 and I preordered it

Silent Hill: Downpour
Surgeon Simulator
Resident Evil 4 (PC version)
Team Fortress 2 (Give me my fucking money back!)
Payday 2
Destiny

Other M
No Man's Sky

Sleeping Dogs
No other game has come close to capturing those rainy Hong Kong nights, and it saddens me.

I'm basically obliged to play it, but I'm still not touching it until 1.4 fixes everything.

Haven't regretted playing a game in ages. Even if I don't like the game I wouldn't regret it because otherwise how would I know I don't like it?

That said, I regret letting my friend talk me into playing borderlands. Shit game.

Street Fighter V

I've been fairly stupid with my money towards vidya since I started making better money. I sorta wanted to learn fighting games but really I'm more content with just watching, and SFV is honestly not very interesting to watch anymore.

if you played it are you proud of having anything to do with minecraft?

its the sameish feeling.

Bad taste in vidya? Obvious bait? One may never know.

You nigger.
You and the other guy who said stalker is bad must be neighbours or something

Watchdogs
Holy fuck I got jewed by Ubisoft.

>taste
>vidya
I have STALKER games but I haven't played them because they look boring.

>Amnesia TDD
>Super Meat Boy
>The Void
>Seriously, The Void
You can have your own opinion and all but fuck you, The Void is GOAT.

Just tried this out for an hour and a half.

I can see the fun in it. I've seen some already clutch, adrenaline games. but 2v2/3v3 is just too small for me. If it was 4v4 and 5v5 i'd be alot more into it.

It's not a bad game, it's just not a game for me.

Condemned is great, you can even see your feet if you look down, just saying.

Note to self: Don't feed the troll

witcher 3
fallout 3
fallout 4
civ: beyond earth

thank god I pirated them all first and didn't drop a single cent on this trash kek

fuck off, phoneposting redditor

I really liked The Darkness 2.

I REALLY regret buying Starbound. I loved terraria but starbound was (still is) fucking GARBAGE. It cashed in the terraria audience who wanted a new experience, had big promises but in the end turned out to just be dogshit

Diablo 3
Starbound
Pokemon games past gen 4
That's pretty much it really.

Why was it unfun on the PC?

And for some older vidya purchases

Dragon age 2
Diablo 3 Collectors edition
Civilization beyond earth
Fallout 4, even on sale
Heroes of might and magic 6

Starbound. I wish I could refund that piece of shit. Terraria, which I bought before it is objectively better.

>Brink
its was powerfully mediocre and dead online in under a week

>Crysis 2
client side console hacks killed PC online within days of launch, ive never seen a game die that fast.

learned my lesson.

I had a good 4-5 hours of fun with Mean Greens and then one day when I went to play it there were 0 people playing.
Wasn't too bothered honestly.

Haaaaaaaaaeeeeeeey happy birthdaaaay

Nuclear Throne. Having to click to fire on everyone besides Steroids is annoying, and the camera's way too zoomed in for my liking. For reference, I beat the throne on my third attempt of the game, so it's not that I find the game difficult so much as I question it's design decisions.

hi my name is paul and i have a lot of regret

I have a lot of questions.

RE4HD for Xbone. The controls at fucked. It made me so mad I had to play the GameCube version I had lying around just to feel better.

If I'm feeling down I swing over to the elite subreddit and have a giggle at the outrageous projection and idiots trying to convince themselves that driving one of 4 identical cars on a barren moon in a barren fucking galaxy is a good evening spent.

none of my answers are good answers

>Binding of Isaac
Understandable, even though I enjoy it I can definitely see how someone wouldn't like it.
>Fortune Summoners
From the little I played of it at a friend's house it just seemed like moeshit coupled with an unforgiving combat system, so I can see why you'd dislike it.
>PC Gamer
Literally what the fuck is this shit even.
>Super Meat Boy
Gonna have to call you out on this one though. Game's not perfect but it's still pretty damn decent.

I'm going to ask them anyway.

1) Were you hopeful for the games launch?

2) You played 160 hours, what were the games best bits and worst bits?

3) When did the regret really sink in?

4) What is the best designed character? Worst? In your opinion.

5) What exactly made you stop?

6) What would you have rather spent that money on, if you could spend it again?

Cookie Clicker.

Mortal Kombat X Premium on PC
Full price
I regret it more than Duke Nukem Forever because I payed twice as much

Fallout 4.
That's about it actually.

The game just doesn't hold up compared to 1404.

Overwatch. Playing Paladins and then trying to play Overwatch after only reinforced my dislike of the game. I can't say the same of something like League because despite me not really enjoying League much, I still played it a bunch, had good times and met some okay people through it, same with other crappy games like Yu-Gi-Oh. I have achieved no real benefit like that from OW, I just bought into the hype.

I DID have fun initially though, so I guess it wasn't all bad at first, but it sure as shit isn't good now.

OK, well

1- To be honest I wasn't very hopeful to begin with. I bought it mostly because I had played quite a bit already with my friends in the open betas, and we had enough fun to think that we could have fun playing it more when it actually came out.
2- Best part of it was it's the only game that has sort of a MOBA - feel to it that I've been able to enjoy to any extent. A few years ago another group of friends tried to get me to play DOTA and I honestly couldn't get into it. Worst part would probably be the story and the loot system. The loot system is set up where you can spend in game money (or purchased in game money) on boxes of items with randomized bonuses, only about 10% of which are even moderately useful. If you want the really good usually overpowered loot you can speed run the horrible story missions for a few days for the chance to get one. You'll never find any, but you can be sure a few of the seven people who are still playing the game that you get matched against will have loadouts with nothing but those items. As for the story, it's just normal Gearbox awful. Also, it's a MOBA, so matches will always be a large chunk of committed time even though you know who's going to win within ten minutes.
3- When queue times started getting kinda long, it was apparent that it was going nowhere fast. Paired with the fact that Gearbox kept talking about paid DLC and acting like everything was fine, it was pretty clear to everyone I was playing with that it was a sinking ship.
(1/2)

(2/2)
4- I liked the concept, although not so much the execution of Galilea, the generic looking sword and shield lady, but for most of the time I played she was way overpowered and I had teammates that were better at playing her so I ended up playing Black McThighs. In terms of worst, there's always Attikus (the guy with the huge neck), and I really didn't like Boldur, the short dwarf guy who's subject to literal toilet humor, or Mellka, the weird elf chick with problem hair.
5- My computer at the time couldn't run the game very well so I wasn't doing very well. I told my friends that I was going to stop until I had a computer that could run it decently, and now that I have such a computer we've been playing Siege instead.
6- If I had to pick a video game, I'd probably go for GTAV. Not that I think I'd be super happy with it, but I at least wouldn't regret it as much.

sorry that i took a while typing these up but i figured i might as well actually answer you

definitely this piece of trash, can't believe i paid full price for such an awful game

oops forgot image

Rogue Legacy
Hard Reset

>Mellka, the weird elf chick with problem hair.
I actually liked Melka because she was literally Blue Athena with a Tediore SMG.

Also Battleborn is terribly optimized and from what I hear, later patches only made things worse to the point that one of my friends that owns the game literally can't run it anymore despite being able to run it fine on release.

I think it was an okay game. I'm so jaded at this point, that I'll play most okay AAA games that aren't indieshit

The Last of Us Remastered. I'm so bored by sneaking around to avoid instakill enemies.

Are those regrets with fond memories because you felt like you wasted so much time on them for nothing?
I never understood that. Like does it really matter if you had "real" fun, or "Waste away 8 hours of my day because I feel obligated to do things in wow" fun? In the end, you spent time playing videogames, because you were bored

>Bioshock
>Meat Boy
>Mirror's Edge
>Braid

Bad taste

Dishonored

mankind divided. it was only 33€ but i haven't really played more than 4 hours. it didn't grip me. I'm not sure why, I enjoyed human revolution. maybe in the future i'll play it, right now I'm more into brainless ARPGs like Grim Dawn anyways

>tfw pirated it and still want my money back

I honestly can't find the reasoning anyone would pay 10$ for it. Even with the extra endings and shit, definitely a bargain bin game.

Let's see...
>Far cry 4
>Brink
>Destiny
>Destiny DLC
>Elder scrolls online
>Halo 4
>Red Alert 3
>The Beginners Guide
>Borderlands
>CS:GO
>Elite: Dangerous
>GTA IV
>Guns of Icarus
>Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
>Civilization: Beyond Earth
>Space Engineers
>Xenonauts
>Garrys Mod

>factorio

nigga what

It never crashed on my ps3

Sacred 3.
Fuck you deep silver. fuck you.

i just finished witcher yesterday. took about 50 hours. was great until the last chapter i got a bit bored.

Guild Wars 2
Rome TW 2

King of Fighters XIV

Sniper elite 3.
Played for half an hour before realising I was playing a more limited version of MGSV with worse controls.

I didnt even finish it, what a disappointment

Starbound.

Destiny. And I paid for the Limited Edition for ONLY $40 more!

What a load of shit that was, I tell you.

The only time I ever regret buying a game is if my friends hassle me to buy some shitty 2 buck indie game for the MP
Otherwise Steam reviews prevent me from buying shit I won't like

Man that game had the weirdest tonal shifting, one minute all glib and "lolsorandum" the next all serious and dark.

I got it for free and played coop with a friend and still feel ripped off

So far it is BRINK and GTA 5.

Smash 4, the wiiu version. How a game can have more content and somehow be worse than its 3ds counterpart is beyond me

CS:GO, i've barely even played it but what little i've played just doesn't feel fun

Both the DS Zeldas. Holy fuck, are they terrible. Basically every puzzle involves writing shit on the map for later

Fallout 4

feels

There's a fucking laundry list of things wrong with that game, and this is coming from someone that liked Brawl.

>classic mode isn't classic
>Angry Targets
>8 player forced in "classic"
>shitty Uprising style difficulty settings
>2 lives per fight in classic, you're not able to take 5 in for the entire thing and save them for the end
>expensive dlc
>worse stage creator than Brawl with less features
>like 6 or 7 FE characters, making it on par with shit like Mario and Pokemon
>smash tour
>only use for coins is setting difficulty and buying trophies instead of useful things like buying the custom moves that never drop
>same custom move can drop upwards of 5 times per 9.0 run
>feels like you have to damage the enemy far more than before just to KO them, getting upwards of 200% much of the time
>customs cant be used online in a separate mode
>stages range from boring to fuck you in the ass from every angle
>no stage hazard remove button that doesn't turn every stage into FD
>all the new items added are overpowered as shit

For all its content they forgot to make any of it fun.

What's wrong with this?

I have no fucking idea what im doing, I bought the deluxe edition and played 4 hours... Atleast the support team at Blizz is fucking amazing and refunded fast.

>arguing with a meleefag
you already lost

i bought it too
after playing it for about 3 hours i lost lot of respect for myself because wasting money like that

Awesomenauts probably.
I usually pirate before buying so I never regret my purchases all that often.

>The ending killed it
How so? all normal endings were alright, true and true true endings were pretty good.

Sakurai is a hack but I'll admit some of the things you said are questionable
>shitty Uprising style difficulty settings
What's wrong with Uprising's difficulty settings?
>worse stage creator than Brawl with less features
This is just wrong
>all the new items added are overpowered as shit
Items have always been pretty overpowered, the only new ones I'd call obnoxious are the drill, gust bellows, special flag, and maybe fairy bottle

Cube World
Ace of Spaces (mostly because of what it became)
Tribes Ascend (see above)
Medieval Engineers
Zero Time Dilemma
Starbound

>What's wrong with Uprising's difficulty settings?
Die twice, and you're autoset down .5 difficulty. Combined with the bullshit that is 8 player smash and it's not fun

>This is just wrong
Less features to put on the map, and you can't draw a large mass of land and use an eraser to carve out sections, you have to draw the whole thing out in one go

Git gud. Even my sister could play this game without much problem.

Titan Quest anniversay edition
Diablo 3
Firewatch
Starbound (4pack)
Elite Dangerous

Rainbow Six Siege Beginners Edition
I should've just waited a little longer for more money

Its boring and lacks everything, like inspiration and something even remotely memorable

>Die twice, and you're autoset down .5 difficulty.
This is a fine system because it ensures you're playing on a difficulty you can actually beat.
>Combined with the bullshit that is 8 player smash and it's not fun
Now THIS is the actual problem with """""""""Classic""""""""" mode
>you can't draw a large mass of land and use an eraser to carve out sections, you have to draw the whole thing out in one go
I find this highly outweighed by the ability to have more complex landforms in Smash 4's stage builder, and the ability to construct out to the blast zone.

I just couldn't enjoy Bioshock for some reason, and my toaster couldn't run Mirror's Edge without shit framerate. As for Meat Boy and Braid, I hated it.

Far cry 2

Its just so much repetition going on in the game and then the jams, malaria, and huge distances make it worse. Because then your just driving for almost 10 minutes just to finish the objective

Dead Rising (Xbox 360)

>EvE Online
Grind and chore for a miniscule amount of fun. I guess I was enticed by all the awsome ships and the whole concept of the game. Bounced in and out again and again, each time lured by trailers for new expansions and ships and then getting bored with this second job of a game 2 weeks later.
>GW2
Leveled 2 characters to max level fueled by nostalgia for GW1, hoping it will actually get good at some point. Nope, it's trash.
>Diablo 3
Fell for the carrot stick and kept grinding for items that for some reason I thought would make the game fun when it wasn't for the past 100 hours.

DELET

>Ryse
Why do you even own this in the first place?

I mean holy fucking shit I hate games that makes me drive a lot so much. Mafia 2 did this same shit.

Dark Souls Two

i preordered aliens colonial marines and dick kickem forever

I bought it because I loved the series.

I refunded it for the same reason.

I hope you bought it before GSC died otherwise you deserve all the regret you got.

Border lands
>Just want to finish the game
>Boss is a bullet sponge and would take a lot of ammo

Really made me think.

Dead Rising
Thank god for refunds

Not to mention that the MP is built on a shitty P2P foundation, so it can never be any good.

Hitman Absolution

Started playing it on proffesional and I got so angry by the end that turned the difficulty down to retarded mode and went call of duty on everything

ULTRA
DESPAIR
GIRLS

SHIT GAME
SHIT GAMEPLAY
SHIT MUSIC
SHIT STORY THAT ISN'T EVEN RELEVANT TO THE MAIN STORY AT ALL
SHIT CHARACTERS
SHIT ENDING
SHIT VOICE ACTING

>Warframe
Hope it wasnt money or its your own fault for being retarded?

Warhammer Vermintide

Not that it's bad, I just didn't play it enough to justify spending 20 euros on it

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. People say it has good writing and amazing atmosphere, but it's complete edgy trash. Why is it a cult classic? It's so fucking garbage. Oh, the combat also sucks and it looks and runs terrible.

I buy very few games because I do shitloads of research before I spend a dime, the result is a very small but beloved collection of vidya I replay a lot and never get tired of.

But I guess the closest would be MGS4 just because there was so little gameplay and desire to replay it because of the massive cutscenes. It's not like any other game where you can just do an hour or two at a time, you have to devote an entire fucking afternoon or day which pretty much nukes (lel) the desire to play.

Blood dragon is an ugly meme game, and even the memes gets old after half an hour. It's not horrible, but extremely forgettable as a game.

Get good.

Darkness 2 was pretty fun man

paid full price day 1

i expected another skyrim

Also while i don't regret buying MGSV, I DO regret buying into the hype and getting the Day 1 pre-order version for full price. First ever game i bought that wasn't secondhand for like 10-15 euros. Spending 60 on that stung a bit. Also spent 40 euros on MGS4 when a week after I found it secondhand for 10.

Starbound
Also, I regret putting over 2k hours into TF2 considering everything after they added the CS:GO skins in the game.

1.Drive Club + season pass 1000% regret
2.Command & Conquer 4 so sad they messed that game up
3.Supreme Commander 2, it was just subpar compared to the previous title and its expansion.
4.EVE,too many reasons
5.Champions Online, Nothing will ever replace City Of Heros
6.Dragon Age Inquisition, its just a shit boring game.
7. FF13, fuk that trash game.
8. COD: Advanced Warfare, those exo suits where retarded as fuk
9.CSGO, fuking rng aim mechanics lol
10.Rocksmith PS3 edition, it has horrid latency issues and made it unplayable with the input lag.

Hyper Light Drifter

Why driveclub?

Blops 3
Mw3
Dark Souls
Gta V (I'm trying really hard to make this fun)

Fallout 4. ROME II. Tomb Raider. Far Cry Primal. DOOM. The Division.

imagine what you could have achieved if your spent all your money and manpower hours into something productive instead

you could have become wealthy salary man with a cute gf living together in your very own house. instead you're a neet and a kissless virgin :(
and instead of changing things up, you're just gonna buy more games to bury the pain (it ain't working though)

You would just buy different games

>trading your vidya for cheap normie things that only makes you sufffer

nah

>Implying I'm a virgin.
>Implying I haven't had sex with half a dozen women.

You're a faggot. Stop projecting.

I didn't came here to feel. Stupid frog poster, fuck off!

>meleefag
I've yet to play it, which is why I wasn't bummed about Brawl. I didn't know.

Jet set radio

Jesus what a horrible game

I was thinking about watching TPP on youtube instead of buying and playing it. Holy fuck I should've done that.

I've been way too cautious about this shit for the past 4-5 years, so the last one was probably Napoleon Total War. I went straight to it from Medieval 2 expecting the same thing but I really wasn't a fan of guns in a TW game.