Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M
gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g502-proteus-spectrum-rgb-gaming-mouse
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>rubber ball mouse
fuck that noise,
regular red laser mouse + keyboard >>>> controller

K/m.

it could be a keyboard from 1970 and a mouse with one working button, the keyboard and mouse are too goddamn superior for FPS games.

scratch that, the mouse might not even need any working buttons.

you can aim with the mouse and fire with the keyboard and still beat the controller

>in a fps game
You already know.

I think the pee ess 4 controller might stand a chance if you can somehow aim with the touchpad
You might have to readjust your claw grip though

The latter, as empirical evidence as showed us

never forget

Isnt it funny then how laser mice are the worst mice you could possibly buy, with ball being good and optical being the best.

This beats m/kb

>Laser

Optical > ball > laser > controller

Keyboard and mouse would win 100% of the time. But I have both. I use that controller for Horizon 3 and my keyboard/mouse for pretty much everything else

why is laser bad?

>you can aim with the mouse and fire with the keyboard and still beat the controller
Unpatched NOLF had extremely weird key setup where fire was bound to F with you unable to change it properly. I played it for a little while before finding a fix and it was horrible, it's way worse than what it seems like.

youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M

captcha: Ind Werks

Because you dont know shit about sensors kid.

I prefer a controller for third person games and drivan games and KB+M for everything else.

autoaim on or off?

This guy gets it

>empirical evidence

kek you have no idea what you're talking about

Laser is a newer type of tech than optical but it is only superior in that it can track on more surfaces. It is imprecise though and relies on software to snap, accelerate and predicatively correct where it thinks you want to aim with software/firmware.

Optical is infinitely more precise and accurate, but can only track on well made cloth mousepads. It is 1:1 tracking with no corrective software, it doesn't need it either since there is no acceleration either.

Laser is just 100% inferior in all ways that matter for gaming, autocad or photoshop.

>hurrdurr consolefags suck with their autoaim kek what losers
>worships a game with giant hitboxes and splash damage

kek stay retarded quake fags

and this is why from now on whenever someone says laser mice are bad i'll just assume they're complete retards.

thanks for explaining.

New version lads, seems to be a bit unbalanced.

Auto aim is off.

see
You could have just googled it too.

>implying you even need buttons on the mouse

Wouldn't the ball tend to skip around during fast movements?

Considering your shitty premise OP, probably, but barely the controller.

That said the precision of the mouse can never ever be reached wit a controller if only because mouse is point and click to win while the controller needs some form of advanced translation between thumb movment and pointer movment.

Basically controllerfags are more skilled but the mouse precision allows same skill levels to outperform you.

Its actually better for shooters because the ball weight smooths fast movement and stops instantly in position.

With optical mice you will get jitters from your hand and/or dpi settings.

>controller fags are more skilled
Do you actually believe that.

Not the user you replied to, but thanks famalamadingdong.
I always assumed laser and optical were the same thing for some reason. I'm not all that hot at fps, but always suspected my logitech m500 had some quirks when playing quakelive or fucking around in paint. I never assumed my mouse was crazy accurate or something, but i really like shape and side-buttons.

Keyboard and mouse still wins

great subtle bait
i r8 8/8

If you like the shape Logitech has moved almost entirely to optical mice on their gaymen line. The Logitech G502 has a near flawless sensor. Optical mice make drawing a lot easier. I can't do anything in CAD with laser, my shit ends up all over the place.

I personally use a Rival 100 (39.99 ambi mouse, with a flawless optical sensor) ontop of a giant fucking Quick XXL mousepad

The method of control doesn't win, the skill of the person playing wins. Which ever method you are best at using is the one you're more likely to win with, but that doesn't mean you're going to win. People using K/M can and do lose to people using controllers.

1 button is all you need in some games.

No shit sherlock, would be like saying that a woman can run faster than a man. Yes the best woman can beat a low tier man, but if you get equally skilled people from each gender, male > female.

Yet being male doesn't make you win automatically, still need to train hard and not just any guy can run under the 100m under 11.00sec.

KB/M vs Controller is exactly the same. You'd need a top 1% controller player to be able to defeat maybe a top 30% KB/M user, especially if aim assists are off (protip: aim assists are enabled for console FPS at least at ESWC, no clue about US tournaments. Proof already than console players can't aim for shit.)

literally not true unless you have some crippling physical defect

I'm still rocking a ps/2 IBM keyboard from 1997, rubber dome. I'm pretty sure a Model M would outlive me.

Ball mouse never gave me problems but everybody switch over to optical and laser out of convenience.

>but if you get equally skilled people from each gender, male > female.
Than they wouldn't be equally skilled you nigger.

Make it a IBM mouse/Keyboard combo and its way better.
Still a $10 Mouse/keyboard combo is superior in every way.

Who the fuck needs aiming and scoping?
Spray and pray.

M1 is all you need.

But aren't all Cred Forums recommended mouses laser?

Yep and much like Cred Forums's love for AMD processors and GPUs, they are based on nonsense and not facts.

So everyone in the world is wrong and this mouse is actually shit since it's laser and a $5 optical mouse would be more precise? Sorry this is really shocking news to me.

In FPS KB+M will always be king - it's not even a discussion.

The G502 is an OPTICAL mouse you dense motherfucker

gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g502-proteus-spectrum-rgb-gaming-mouse

>advanced optical sensor for maximum tracking accuracy

How does it feel to be so retarded?

>red laser
>regular
underage b&

But it doesn't have a red light. I thought that was way to tell the difference.

are you fucking retarded? just stop posting at this point.

Holy shit how dumb can one user be. Pro tip, if you lift the mouse and there's no red light, it's not laser

I thought it was the complete opposite. Since Laser uses infrared light and Optical uses regular light.

No, that isn't the way to tell. If you want an example of a highend "GAYMUR" brand LASER mouse look at the Razer Mamba or Naga.

Taking the bait. Precise =/= Accurate, you still need to control the mouse to use it properly. Even disregarding that, what you say is irrelevant since controllers are significantly less accurate even with aim assist. On top of that, console games, even PC-shared multiplats, are played at a slower pace, thus requiring even less accuracy.

Can you guys explain it a little better?

This is an optical mouse, there's no deny in that. I don't know if some of you are baiting or what the fuck is happening.

>1998
>cursor skips and skids randomly around screen trying to play FPS
>have to take out and clean ball and those little gay rollers regularly

>people spending more than 15 dollars for a mouse

for why?

Cred Forums exagerates a ton how "bad" laser mice are
There's plenty of decent mice that are laser that work just fine.

Nigger I linked you to the product description of your mouse. Read nigger.

you gotta have...
a, a sick looking battlestation. the components gotta be sleek, black, and with highlights.
b, you need the edge over other gamers in games. this means buying superior hardware that can perform the job simply better.
c, support gaming oriented hardware manufacturers. only by doing this can gaming continue to survive and thrive.
game on, fellow gamer.

Cred Forums here, optical mice use cameras and emit no light whereas laser mice always have red light under it. Some optical mice have a nonfunctioning red LED just for familiarity

Fucking thank you.

>that work just fine
Your definition of "just fine" is not the same as everyone else's. People who are willing to pay for more consistent performance from their equipment don't want to pay the same or more to get worse performance

I thought the light allowed it to track better? Seems kind of wasteful for an idiot distraction,

This is nonsense.

I can understand if you received the laser mouse for free or swiped it from your work office because frugality is something to be admired.

But if you genuinely spent money on a mouse and purchased a laser mouse rather than a optical mouse for GAMING then you are legitimately retarded.

Laser mice are facebook mice. They are meant to go with Macbook users who need to track without a mousepad when they are on a glass/wood tabletop at starbucks, or when they are flicking their been in the bed and still wanna accurately click next on their handsome man sites

I use an optical mouse, but I've used laser mice before and they weren't as bad as people make them out to be.

Came for bulma, stayed to say thanks
Got any more?

I bought pic related because I was tired of my 5 dollar mice breaking after several months

Cause I need a bajillion different color options and more buttons than I have fingers.

(confession time, I use a Roccat tyon so I am guilty as fuck here)

yea but you require a mouse pad to use it

whereas optical mice can be used on almost any surface

You are probably like those people who think using anything but a mechanical keyboard for gaming makes you a scrub yet still manage to be trash at every game they play.

Again, I use an optical mouse now but I've used laser mice previously and they weren't half as bad as people make them out to be. I never had issues being good at games with laser mice and I noticed no increase in performance or accuracy when switching to optical.

Except glass.

You require a mouse pad, and that is bad how?

I feel bad for spreading misinformation, I was just shitposting and nothing I said was true. I thought it'd be obvious enough to be a joke but I guess no one here knows about sensors. Just google it

i LOVE when you autists just drop thread unrelated random acronyms hoping everyone will understand

Semi-true if the skill gap is titanic. If the gap is even within 50%, KB&M players are going to be more dominate as a whole.

No. I'm moderately good at all genres except fighters and excel in bullet hells and shooters. Any keyboard is fine. I use a mechanical keyboard for work, a tactile click keyboard, to improve typing accuracy (I'm a database engineer and programmer).

Sometimes I'll use it for gaming and I agree that being able to feel the point of actuation can noticeably increase speed but for most games it is just a luxury item, it isn't really a game breaker.

Because people here expect others to have an interest in videogames.
If you really don't remember anything google will give you the answer in 2 seconds.