LAST TIME
>Elincia's shitty leadership allowed a greedy fuck to incite a rebellion
>Nephenee and Brom quelled an uprising on their own
>more 'favourites' because that word autosages the threadfell to the sword
>OP made smart plays and got 3 game overs

What's going on?
>I'm playing through Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, taking inputs from you
>Who I field, who gets stat boosters, etc, are all decided by you
>and, of course, no resets for lost units aside from Lords, barring special circumstances

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11288119
youtu.be/I7FSxRTIlgw?t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=9X52pejqk6M
youtube.com/watch?v=7wn5H1bkHsE
youtube.com/watch?v=TS3kiRYcDAo
youtube.com/watch?v=sJYRv9IOjSk
youtube.com/watch?v=ukmpmP2AulM
youtu.be/2H4M7VRMPC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

check this 41

>What is this?
This is Radiant Dawn, a direct sequel to Path of Radiance, released on the Nintendo Wii
>I'm new to Fire Emblem. What's a good game to start with?
Fire emblem: The Blazing sword(aka Fire Emblem in the USA) is a fantastic starting point, featuring a comprehensive tutorial. Alternatively, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones also has a briefer tutorial and is all around easier.
>I heard this series is just shitty waifu pandering
that's Awakening and Fates.
>what does each stat do?
HP-health. lose it all and your unit dies(permanently)
STR- how much damage you do with physical attacks. this is augmented by your enemy's DEF and your own weapon's MT. In Path of Radiance, STR functions similarly to how CON did in older games, determining how much you're burdened by your weapons.
MAG - how much damage you do with magic tomes, staves, or magic weapons. This is augmented by your enemy's RES.
SKL- your chance to hit with attacks, as well as score crits
SPD- if your SPD is high enough, you'll be able to double-attack enemies, also affects your chance to avoid enemy attacks.
LUK-affects accuracy and avoidability, and reduces enemy crit chance.
DEF-affects defense against physical attacks
RES-affects defense against magical attacks
CON- unit's weight. this affects who they can rescue or be rescued by, as well as whether or not they can shove or be shoved by a unit.

>What game are you playing next?
strawpoll.me/11288119 (embed)
>
>
game over count:
>part 1:5
>Part 2:3
MEG game over count:
>part 1:1
>part 2: ----
drunk reset:
>part 1: 1
voted reset:
>part 1: 1

DEAD UNITS
Volug
Edward
Ilyana
Lethe(retreated)
Marcia

Nigger why are you so bad ?

So there's been 11 gameovers/ resets for dead units already? Part 2 isn't even over.

Hey now, don't be rude
For all we know he has a mental condition!

I'm good at fire emblem

forgot to put my trip back on

>Marcia's dead
NIGGER

>OP made smart plays
>putting your flying unit Lord in range of a crossbow
>smart play

We like your LPs because you roll with the punches and the game overs.

hence why I said smart, then finished the statement with saying I fucked up enough to have to reset 3 times.

BLUE SUN

It would be a boring LP if you never fucked up, so you keep it interesting because we never know who'll be next to die.

Drunk stream with random music when?

But this means the timeline has finally been repaired.

it's the middle of the week. What kind of lush do you think I am?

also alcohol is stupidly expensive in canada.

BLUE SUN OVER PARADISE

WELP

are you kidding me

ALREADY?

BLEED THE HALF BREEDS

Mordecai has 32 def. He literally cannot die.

God damnit at least try not to kill your character !

You know who were talking about, right?

Or he left him there untransformed. This is Nigger after all.

>Dat feel when Kurtis is killing everything in Tacthack

While transformed. If the enemy gangs up on him, they can burn his meter real quick and leaved him open to get Niggered.

Did he untransform during the enemy phase or something?

no

Someone needs to draw Hector wearing a Kurtis mask. I'd give it a shot myself, but I have the artistic ability of a 2 year old.

>14 speed
how the fuck did you pull that off?

MEG IS CUTE! CUTE!

I'm downloading a save for RD because I'd rather play that than finish my HM run of PoR. Where do I put the downloaded save?

Meg is blacked

>that portrait

>If the enemy gangs up on him, they can burn his meter real quick
He loses 3 points per round of combat, and he doesn't kill anything because he doesn't double or crit. Mordecai untransforming is not something that can happen to anyone by bad luck. It's completely under the player's control.

Oh shit, you're right. I made an assumption based on a different unit's meter loss. My bad.

>20 speed

You better fucking heal him before a mage kill him.

elincia cheeses this stage so much

Yeah, what a monster. Clearly the best unit in the game right there.

So how do we tell you what to do? I'm not seeing any orders or responses to them

this stage doesn't really have stuff to direct. when it's relevant I ask for input

A lot of luck obviously.

speaking of luck

BROM THE HARVESTER

>said nigger, as he labored through the 9th turn of a 2-turn level

Don't put laguz units untransformed in a sea of enemies.

>muh LTC tactics
Just let him play

Brom is cute! CUTE!

>fucking critted

HOW THE FUCK DOES HAAR DIE?

You gotta be fucking kidding me. How the fuck does Haar in RD die?

I told you nigger, the RNG fucking HATES you ever since FE6, before it just didnt care for you but after that it's been on a constant ride to fuck you over.

officially just stop playing FE forever, nigger.

By having you as a tactician, apparently.

YOU FOOL
YOU'VE MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDER

This is some powerful niggatry at work here

By being the best, most overpowered non-Royal in the game. I mean, just look at all that power.

powerful niggardy at work

YOU FUCKING WHAT

oh no.
nealuchi is dead.

what the fuck man

>nigger proceeds to kill everyone to force a game over

yune save us

If he wants to force a game over, then why not just put Elincia in range of a crossbow?

Don't weasel out of this one, nigger. Man up and accept that you got Haar killed. Just use Ranulf or something.

Because thad be too obvious

+1 for Azumanga
Well played

Because we should vote to make Haar unplayable.

fucking A+ man.

welp there's no chance of this map being won now

yeah rip

This is the first time ever I see his death quote.

Never have I actually seen him die.

Is there a single boss in RD who isn't an unlikeable asshole?

who here thought I was going to fag out and force a game over?

>Oh, I see... Self-sacrifice, is it?
Fuck, he's on to you.

>Make Lex her dad

I dont know what i was expecting, atleast shell be hard to kill, i guess.

Garon

>RD without haar

you might as well not even being playing Radiant Dawn at all

Ike

me

oh no! Lucia is FUCKED

>Pairing Lex with Adean

Why? I can't even imagine how bad Lester would be without any good bows to pass down.

>Lex x Aideen

WHATIF

Just to fuck around really. Lester actually hits like a truck. Once. You're right though that having actual bows sure would have been nice.

HERE WE GO

TIME FOR THE BEST CUTSCENE

Is he really wrong, though?

part 2 is the best part of RD.

desu I would pair Lex with Raquesis. I'm not kidding. Nanna and Delmud will level up like a motherfucker with Paragon. Nanna will be fucked on Magic, but Mend staves are so good it doesn't matter and Delmud will inherit some really fucking nice growths to the point that he becomes a really good tank. Pass down the Shield Ring and Pursuit Ring. Once you start Chapter 7, you can have someone sell a good sword then Delmud can buy it so he has a good weapon. He starts with an A in Swords. This is what he looked like shortly into Chapter 7. I didn't even purposely feed him; he just levels that fast and that well.

he really is.

It's like lighting a guy on fire, laughing as he runs around screaming, then mocking him for having previously said he has a high pain tolerance.

The guy incited a rebellion, fracturing the unity of his people, getting countless of his own people killed in his name, just to tell elincia he deserves to rule because she couldn't stop his civil war.

Oh snap

That's similar thought to what i had with Aideen, healer stats dont matter too much, and lester really isnt that terrible either, just needs a pursuit ring really

you guys ready for one of, if not the MOST hype moment in all of fire emblem?

So is she going to have this guy executed or what?

>longbow
What is this?

no, if she kills him she'll be just like him :^)

youtu.be/I7FSxRTIlgw?t=3s

I love the artstyle of the videos, even if the voice acting is hilariously bad.

compress your fucking images, nigger. hiro is going bankrupt for your shitty threads.

Did they cut her hair? It looks better now

but he's a danger to her nation. She at least needs to lock him up for life in some dungeon. Perhaps force feed him fresh ass till the dick spurts his enemas

I don't know, man. I get lucky sometimes, just like that one time when i got a 20 SKL Lilina.

So then who did you pair Jamke and Midayle with and where did their bows go? Doesn't that also mean you don't get a Brave Bow since Adean wasn't in love with either of them?

Yeah, it's the OP pic.

What a fun thing to come home to.

I'M NERVOUS. WHATIFIHITER?

yeah, ludveck cut lucia's hair off to send to elincia as a message.

I think Shinon has a good voice, probably the only one in the cutscene

Shinon's voice is good. Everyone else is lolarious.

My Tactician ended up getting a fuckton of speed, anything's possible.

Shin patch, apart from chapter 7 being an absolute mess on shanan's side its not too bad Make's arden usable too, shoulda paired him with her actually as he could have passed bows. Oh well

I didnt. Again it was purely for fucking around. Faval has all the relevant bows on him.

OH FUCK IT'S IKE

AND HE GOT SWOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

He really does

>this fucking voice acting
why did IS think this was acceptable?

>What a fool you are. I'm a Haar. How can you kill a Haar? What a grand and intoxicating innocence.

>7 levels with Neila
>No STR
Neila, I....

>32 def
>a mountain of HP
>against mostly tier 1 and a handful of tier 2 units
>literally a crutch character that can tank everything aside from fire mages
>nigger gets him killed

TOP jej

SOREN
ALWAYSLOST IN YOUR BOOKS
WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT WATCHING YOUR BACK?

Don't forget
>there's no fire mage in the chapter

Yeah she's turning out shitty as fuck, unfortunately. I could give her the energy ring but I kind of wanted to give it to Lani.

At least he still have Marcia as flying unit, right? RIGHT oh wait

goddamn this fucking scene.

Should I continue with my RD run or have I already won?

It wasn't IS, it was NoA

I don't think IS has any input on localization except "sure man do whatever"

bleas stob

Good point. Elincia does seem a little soft-hearted, but she's still way better than Ludveck.

Mia's voice was startlingly bad.

oscar and titania are the best part of this scene.

>5 def
She still gets one shotted bruh

I actually like Mia's voice. It doesn't play for very long, but it's cute

You should keep going, it'd be sad to waste all the resetting you must've done.

>jokes on you I was only pretending

>get a new VA for mist
>it's even more girly and childish than her 'younger' depiction

There's like 2 units in all of Part 1 that has 31 attack or more, and that's in Hard Mode.

>prepare to witness your childhood friend who's basically a sister to you get murdered
>your former employee saves her life
>all you can do is collapse
goddamn, did part 2 have different writers or something? This is legitimately solid character development.

Its more like RD had something going for Part 1 and 2 and ran out of time in Parts 3/4.

I meant in Part 3 and Endgame where her uselessness shines through.
In Part 1 she's uh...not awful. Mostly because nobody has resistance and she never misses. It's everything after Part 1 where Micaiah just ends up being loathsome.

Skrimir ruined all of Part 3.

>ran out of time in Parts 3/4
Pretty much. I wonder how it could have been reworked though? More chapters? Cutting some of the fat?

She's supposed heal you moron.
Do you just shove every unit you get as far as they can move and see if someone survives?

so a small thing that really emphasizes elincia's growth here:

During the entire arc she was trying to find Ike to beg for his help, and now, she realizes she can't just rely on him.

More girly and childish, but somehow even more obviously an old woman trying to sound way younger than she really is.

Micaiah WISHES she had ike's charisma

No, I just hate how she's a forced healer, and not even the best healer, and also can't even take a hit like other healers can, and in most cases also gets doubled unlike the other healers.

Micaiah is just frustrating to use because she has bad growths in health, speed and defense so she ends up a squishy instant game over you have to use throughout the game, so she ends up just sitting well behind everyone else using Psychic because she's not safe to use anywhere near the front lines.

nigger, father of ike's children

youtube.com/watch?v=9X52pejqk6M

someone needs to take that 'only pretending' fallout 3 pic and shop the burger king's head onto it.

I will never get over how fucking swole Ike is in RD.

>and not even the best healer
How is Micaiah not the best healer?
She hits S rank staff stupid easy and has magic through the roof.

Because they don't talk.

>HEY MICAIAH'S STORY IS LIKE IKE'S IN POR
>GET IT

Well he is 20 years old in RD.

Is that grown-up tormod?

elincia is better than her in every way.

>high magic
>good staff ranks

Who the hell cares if she gets brutally murdered by physical enemies like most staff bots when she has like 10+ range on physic staves.

Because Rhys, Elincia and Laura exist. And get sidelined because you have to take Micaiah anyways.

Elincia needs heavy favoritism to get decent enough magic and staff rank. She's a meme unit.

The reasoning for BK not dying in the Japanese version of RD was fucking retarded.

>A glitch in my warp powder created a clone. You didn't really fight me.

If you think Rhys and Laura can tank enemies while healing out in the front lines, you are either deluded or you have never played Fire Emblem 10: Radiant Dawn.

youtube.com/watch?v=7wn5H1bkHsE

>elincia needs heavy favoritism
no, because she's actually good on her own, and has some forced deployment stages that let her get a lot of use in.

you also don't need good MAG when physic tends to heal more than enough to stay alive if too far away, and recover does a full heal. She can also mix it up on the front lines.

>it's a hologram

WE IKE NOW

Surely there's no way Nigger can fuck up when the Greil mercenaries stop everything, right?

Neither one can tank, but neither one dies to a single enemy that's not a swordmaster since they don't otherwise get doubled.
And Laura actually can dodgetank pretty well. Like, crazy well actually.

did you miss this entire thread or something (lol

so I guess they rebuilt this fort from the ground up?

they torched the place when they were escaping daein back in PoR

I predict Boyd will die before Brom and Nephenee join up.

Mia is going to die. Just telling you now so it softens the blow later.

Uh, did you not see what happened to Haar?

oh man, I lost a fuckton of useful shit thanks to muarim dying.

He's gonna have 3 squishies, 2 archers, Oscar isn't great, theres lots of potential for death

>And Laura actually can dodgetank pretty well. Like, crazy well actually.
Laura's tier-2 cap is 23. Not that her shit caps matter, since Laura will never gain enough levels unless you BEXP her or boss abuse in Part 1.

Rhys is stupid slow and Laura's high speed growth is offset by having ass for caps that causes SMs to double them anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=TS3kiRYcDAo

>ut neither one dies to a single enemy that's not a swordmaster since they don't otherwise get doubled.
Wait are you telling me that only Swordmasters are capable of doubling Rhys?

Did you ever fix the eyes or is everybody still pirates?

Best catboy.

Rhys starts with 14 speed in RD, he'll gain around 3-4 speed if he reaches 20/20. Most enemies don't have nearly enough speed to double him.

Rhys's base speed is 14. At 20/3. His HP, SPD, and DEF growths are identical to Micaiah's.
Are you that guy from the stream who wouldn't shut the fuck up last night?

Because he's the only catboy. Everyone else are catmen and infinitely better because of it.

Don't get too attached. Nigger is on an inhuman killing spree.

I didn't watch the stream last night.

youtube.com/watch?v=sJYRv9IOjSk

hey, remember one of the main plots of PoR, how ashnard set up the serenes massacre?

turns out it was the begnion senators!

I'm not sure whos voice was worse Mia's or Rolfs, Rolf sounded like he had a huge loogie in his throat.

Ah good point, since Rhys, after gaining 17 levels, will escape being doubled by most Part 3 enemies, he must be a speed demon and dodgetank unlike that useless Micaiah.

Maybe on normal but on Hard, Rhys gets his ass doubled by almost everything.

>Skrimir
>better

Hard is literally Maniac Mode.

Actually, in Mordecai's case, his design age is way younger than you'd expect it to be.

Could nigger beat hard mode?

I never said he was a dodgetank.

Yes and?

Unlikely

Well we ain't playin Maniac Mode are we?
Also any FE mode that removes the weapons triangle is just weird as fuck.

You did say Rhys doesn't get doubled.
Except Rhys at 20/3 has the same speed as average 20/1 Micaiah.

Weapons triangle is such a dumb mechanic.

You're a dumb mechanic

So basically you never played 1-3, TRS, Berwick and Vestaria.

>Ike likes birds
>Technically one of the more important characters in RD is a fucking bird
Why was this not brought up?

>hey, remember one of the main plots of PoR, how ashnard set up the serenes massacre?

No?

nice save stating

alright, I'm tired as shit, and I didnt sleep last night, Tomorrow, we start part 3 for real!

And more strength, meaning he doesn't get weighed down by tomes as bad. And more skill, meaning he has higher dodge,

I played Shadow Dragon and FE12 which I think was a remake of one of the earlier FEs? And yeah never had a PlayStation.

>ballistae

Do tiger/cat laguz take more damage from those too? Or was he referring the the hawk/ravens here?

The problem with mages not doubling in RD is their speed caps. With the exception of Sanaki, they all get enough strength from raw promotion bonuses alone to wield nearly every tome in their weapon type without AS loss.

What do you think of the new weapon triangle introduced by Fates?

He's talking about the hawks and ravens.

It was just that Ike figured it was Ashnard's plot to get a heron or Lehran's Medallion or something, right?

So should I stream again like I did last night when you went to bed?

More strength and constitution*
Seriously Micaiah loses so much avoid if she uses a heavier tome. Which would normally be a problem but the game bullshits this hard as hell by making Light and Thani only weigh 1 and Ellight only weigh 3. They slashed light tome weight so Micaiah would be useable with her whopping 5 con and 2 strength.

shamelessly editing someone else's old oc

Nonsensical. Not that the old weapon triangle made the most sense ever but still, why does magic beat bows and why do bows beat lances?

go for it

> why does magic beat bows
I'm guessing the magic could mess with the bowstring from a distance? I.e. Fire would make it pop.
> why do bows beat lances?
This is the one that throw me off. I can see an arrow hitting the wide part of an axe and knocking it out of someone's unsuspecting hands but lances seem like they'd be too slim in general for htat.

>Con
You mean that thing that only matters for shoving?

Hell tome weight on a whole got slashed in RD so its not like they dropped it just for Micaiah who doesn't even care to use anything aside from Thani anyway.

Yeah that 1 wt Light tome really gimps Micaiah's speed. Good thing Rhys has such good strength that he is able to lift a 1 wt tome.

And why do swords beat bows.

To be frank I don't even remember what Con does anymore or when it changed.

You are crying about Micaiah losing so much avoid using heavier tomes and there being no heavy tomes in the same post. Either you are having a stroke, or you are kind of retarded. Which is it?

There are heavy tomes in the game, just none in Part 1 so that Micaiah won't lose 40 avoid for using one.

I didn't even know there was this new triangle.
Fuck it, that changes everything.

Her average strength at 20/20/1 is 15, enough to lift Valaura without losing speed and losing only 1 speed to Purge.

youtube.com/watch?v=ukmpmP2AulM

>open thread
>scroll down
>Mordechai
>lmao whatever
>Haar
>FUCKING HAAR

Only you could pull that off jesus fucking christ

Don't forget that Purge is too heavy for all three of theme before third tier anyway since they hove between 10-13 str in T2 which is enough to use everything but like Purge anyway.

That's only because she gains 5 strength once she ranks up to tier 3.

Laura and Rhys get something dumb like +4/5 Str from T2 to T3. You don't have a point.

>Micaiah has shit strength if she didn't gain a lot of strength waawaa

CURRENTLY STREAMING RADIANT DAWN ON TWITCH

Should be obvious who I am

My original point is that Rhys has much better base strength and doesn't get shitted on for using something heavier than Ellight before he reaches tier 3.

STOP SUCKING

>something heavier than Ellight
You mean like Shine, which has 5 wt?

Btw Thani has better Mt than Shine.

I am late to the thread. Here ya go

Micaiah ends with 10 str in T2 which is enough to use everything but Rexaura, Valaura and Purge without AS loss and the penalty is minor on the first two.

She also averages higher speed than Rhys by two points which is exactly the difference in their str averages.

This is completely ignoring the fact that Thani is the strongest light tome outside of the SS Rank one and the other prf.

>That feel when Rexaura and Valaura have retarded amount of WT

>11/12 wt
>retarded

You should see the Dark tomes then.

At least Balberith didn't go full retarded, since it gives +3 STR. Too bad you have to replay the game again to get a character that can use dark magic.

Oh boy here comes Dindu Nuffin himself...

You have literally no reason to worry about tome weight on anyone that isn't Sanaki.

You can't even use Dark tomes in RD without a second playthrough and they're on a bad character anyhow.
Also why is Nosferatu a Light tome instead of a Dark tome.

Because it was a light tome in FE4/FE5? And the original spell back in FE2 belonged to Clerics?

>That feel when the only thunder mage of the game is dead
KeK

It was a light tome in 4 and 5.

It was a light tome called "Resire" in a few games

Sanaki is cute!

Its the localization team's fault for the name mishap.

Resire -> Nosferatu
Nosferatu -> Fenrir
The actual Fenrir tome from FE4/5 didn't exist in GBA.

Snarky cute CUTE . Dem shoulders in RD.

>Grown up Snarky is only a concept art

They need to go one step further and have a melee triangle, a ranged triangle, and a magic triangle, with each triangle being part of the larger weapons triangle.

Excellent.

Apparently she was gonna get used at some point. I wonder why they decided to deage her.

I dont mind it though the fact breakers exist can null the entire point of them but without a breaker having a WTA/D is actually important now

>Magic Triangle
But there's Light>Dark>Anima
or Fire>Wind>Thunder.
Why doesn't IS just use those? Why does all magic have to be one category now? they had something.

because the magic triangle didn't matter at all

There's no point in a magic triangle when every mage has ridiculous res. Until when IS makes mages as varied as the physical classes, a single weapon type is fine enough.

The old magic triangle was pointless because of mages having high RES.

>The old magic triangle was pointless because of mages having high RES.
But damn if I didn't like the different spell animations. Fates just got so lazy on that. Hell Siegfried even shares it's death lazer with a tome in that game. You'd think they'd at least make it unique.

They used up all their good spell animations in FE4/RD

>callil being useful

now this is some next level shit

Calill isn't bad though.

hey I'm playing FE4 for the first time, is there any way to actually take out the ballistae in Chapter 2?

Just use Sigurd. This will answer all your questions until you get Forseti

is he 'Our Guy'?

Need to destroy ballistae? Use Sigurd
Need to rush to villages that's getting destroyed? Use Sigurd
Need to kill a little shit? Use Sigurd

here,
Not even exaggerating I did a sigurd solo run of part 1 and holy fuck I was surprised by how OP Zigludo is

>a single weapon type is fine enough
I'd agree with you if that was the only thing having magic limited to one weapon type affected. But now there's a whole stat dedicated to reducing damage against a single weapon type and some other weapons you never see. IS needs to vary mages and add back the magic triangle just so res isn't niche.

BRING BACK LIGHT MAGIC

They need to bring back light magic and maybe make light or dark magic pierce RES, to counter the fact that light and dark magic users usually have low SPD.

which of the GBA games is your favorite?

Honestly, that sounds like it could very easily be too broken. Like, you wouldn't have a melee weapon type that pierces def. Just make it do high damage and they can prey on classes with low res.

Also, I can't think of any particularly slow light magic user except Micaiah.

i think all the gba games are shit in different ways

Personally, FE8, but I can understand why people would like 7 more

It's easy but 8, I guess

I haven't played 6 since before the new patch came out so I need to see how it holds up

GhbFE

There's already Dark Mage skills in the new games that fucks around with avoid or the opponent getting more spell damage. Maybe just make a skill that lowers RES by 5 points or so.

>I haven't played 6 since before the new patch came out so I need to see how it holds up
Wait wat, what new patch?

Light was basically just glorified fluff since the vast majority of enemy mages were anima and dark mages are generally reserved for late game.

The one by gringe or whoever. There was an older patch before that one.

Well yeah, that doesn't sound as bad. Just having every tome be Luna plus more sounds too good.
I agree, but that's better than how magic is now. Plus, it'd be easy to fix with more dark magic enemies/users earlier.

Just downloaded it.

More dark users doesn't fix the main problem with mages. Read, they all have functionally the same stats so you're better off sending a physical unit with high res than do a magic vs magic poke fest.

Light was always just adding an ability for your healers to actually fight and help out. It being weak in general and weak to anima made perfect sense because again, these are support units, not combat units.
Them countering dark magic, which theoretically counters anima magic is also cool.

It'd be fairly simple to make magic counters actually a counter. Several ways actually.
Either greatly increase might bonuses
Greatly increase critical hit rates
Reduce enemy resistance based on counter magic wielder's magic
Don't give people fucktons of resistance in the first place

Actually now that I think about it, instead of just making a weapons triangle for magic, why not just make different kinds of magic supereffective versus each other?
Or is that TOO much?

Or here's the easy way to do it. They actually have the same stat variation than physical units have.

Stuff like boosted critical rates is just dicking around with the rng.

And besides, if all you want is for healers to get an extra weapon type on promotion, then anima does that just fine.

i think the current triangle works fine, just make light/dark give detrimental after affects like shurikens currently do, while anima stays as the primary source of damage tomes.

Yeah, I agree. More base magic users with higher def and lower res would be nice. At least IS made a step forward with Dark Knights and kinda Malig Knights but not really.
>Greatly increase critical hit rates
Please no. FE already has enough RNG fun.
As someone who tried that out, it's too much. First, it's unintuitive. Second, that doesn't solve the problem that all magic users would have high res and low def. Third, assuming you used effective damage to accomplish it, you'd have a 13 mt tome suddenly doing 26 bonus dmg versus certain enemies. Contrast that with the 2-3 dmg bonus axes get when attacking high-def Knights.

>anima magic is the primary damage dealer
>dark magic causes detrimental effects like Shurikens
>light magic gives beneficial bonuses to the user and allies
Y/N?

I've never played FE5, but I've heard it's the hardest (some say best) game in the series. Can anyone elaborate?

Don't kill Mist, please. I like Mist.

That was my train of thought yeah, like say "shine" gives some after battle minor AoE heal, or a stat up etc. Could also split the stat downs between the 3 types, anima does str/mag, light does skl/spd/lck dark does def/res.

Y

It's not that the enemies are incredibly powerful or anything, it's more that the game pushes you into really tough situations. It's got some really good maps, and some really frustrating ones too.

You also can't rely on single units too much; there's a fatigue system. Essentially, it unlocks at a certain point in the game, using a unit to attack gains them a fatigue point, it carries over between chapters and if it hits their HP total, they have to wait a map out to make it reset.

It's a really fun game, one of my favourites.

>Make Light mages have High RES/SPD/SKL, low MAG/DEF/HP
>Make Anima balanced in most stats
>Make Dark Mages High MAG/DEF/HP, Low SPD,SKL,RES.

D Mages High MAG counters L Mage's high RES, L Mages High SPD / Low MAG allows low damage enhanced by doubling, along with Dodging. It makes Dark mages more frontline units like magic axe-wielders, where bishops stay in the back with staves. Anima is inbetween, and decided by RNG and/or the player.

Actually, thinking about it, it might be better if only certain light/dark tomes had those effects, since it's not like all melee weapons have special effects.
That's pretty much the same stat spread as I was thinking, though it's more like L Mages' high res counters D Mages high mag, in addition to having WTA against them.

>Blast past Birthright on hard pretty easily
>Stuck on chapter 10 of Conquest for the past hour

god damn they hid all the difficulty in the conquest route

I still stand by Conquest as one of the more fun Fire Emblem games out there, ignoring the shit story.
And even then, I think Conquest wraps up its story better than both Birthright and Revelations.

10 is definitely the hardest early chapter, it's pretty insane. That said, it's fucking great. I shit on the newer titles a lot, but even I'll say that Conquest Chapter 10 as a map is in my top five.

I was thinking that light/dark should for the most part have some buffing/debuffing type affects, again its like shurikens. While anima is the primary damage source. Just make the lower tier in light/dark give minor benefits

i really love the concept of stat debuffs, IS just went way too hard on it, a ninja with seal skills is just absurd

Congrats on finding out what everyone has said about Fates since its US release.
But Conquest does give me hope that the next FE can be good.

Conquest brings back that old smiling "oh, you motherfucker" feeling that Awakening lacked, it was a pleasant surprise.

>play all the fates on lunatic
>birthright is ryoma.exe
>revelation is ryoma and xander: the bogus quest ft. silas and corrin
>conquest is actually fucking goddamn hard and the best units are ones you capture

we need more conquests

Xander can kind of carry Conquest, but he's not nearly as retarded as Ryoma with his lackluster speed.
Plus, no Astra.

will we get them though? Will IntSys see that there's still an audience for the harder games?

I imagine future games will be harder than Birthright, but easier than Conquest and feature grinding.

The hard as fuck maps in Awakening were DLC maps. Not that much people played them.

Considering that Conquest sold just as well as Birthright I have no concrete evidence for that, though, so it's hearsay I like to think they'll try.

is it ok to just ignore the child unit paralogues in Conquest? I hate the child characters but I don't know if the XP from their maps is important

They'll see that there's money to be made in versions.

You can though the extra EXP is nice, plus some of the child characters like sophie make solid units, generally always rep non-rev silas with her daughter

Yeah, but locking interesting levels behind a paywall obviously isn't the correct solution.
Plus Awakening is so easy to break, it becomes a weird situation where it's just 2 armies throwing pure bullshit at eachother. Which is still fun in it's own right, but I wish it was a more traditional difficulty.

It shouldn't be necessary as long as you're not spreading exp too thin. Some paralogues give you good items though.

The paralogues are not important at all, don't feel obligated to do them. Hell, most of the kids I used were pretty lackluster, like Kana, or would are too much of a hassle to breed right without MyCastle, like Ophelia. But they do help if you're bad at rationing exp.

They need to find a sweetspot if they want child units to return. In Awakening very few gen 1 units held up compared to kids, the only time when you'd get a lot of mileage out of gen 1 units was no grind/dlc lunatic runs because you simply couldn't afford to train up child units.

Meanwhile in fates nearly all child units are complete shit and only worth getting to get an extra map of exp and loot.

I can't believe how much of a waste Birthright felt like. It's literally just worse Revelations.

You get a free dragon herb from Kaze's paralouge +1 to all stats

the paralogues have pretty good items that you can get

and units like Gazak you can capture from I think leo's kid

>The paralogues are not important at all, don't feel obligated to do them. Hell, most of the kids I used were pretty lackluster, like Kana, or would are too much of a hassle to breed right without MyCastle, like Ophelia. But they do help if you're bad at rationing exp.

>That feel when the kids from Fates felt like an afterthought, after the Jesus on wheels we got in Awakening.
That was no points for kids in Fates

they should do the FE4 technique and have a second part to the story

but nope, because muh special snowflake avatar

>They need to find a sweetspot if they want child units to return
Could they just not have child units return? Or at the very least have them be independent units that appear after a timeskip?

Actually alot of the kids were alright, problem is they are just alright. I feel fates, implementation wise did kids pretty well. They come at a proper level, should have decent skills, and if the pairs not silly then their stats wont be very bad at all.

problem is the explanation for them make no sense and they as a whole are entirely unnecessary

Or they need to just pull a Genealogy, but I guess that might be too optimistic.
Not that you couldn't get retardedly broken kids in Genealogy, but it feels more earned.

1. MC gets sealed away during the timeskip and awakens to a world that no longer resembles what it once was

2. MC himself is a time traveler

Both are utter bullshit but if they pull the two generation thing again and don't repeat what they've already done, they just might do it.

Is Jamke supposed to be a total god? He destroys everyone

>That feel when Apotheosis enemies all look like this and you have to get two or three rally bots with 5 rally skills each + everyone with the Limit Breaker skill for you to be able to double them

Good lord that was bullshit

Yup, jamke's basically an archer done right, short of some castle bosses hell murder everything and make midir look like shit despite midir having mov advantage

He doesn't have a horse, so he makes up for it by being able to hit like 6 times per battle.
Paired him with Bridget for a retarded Faval.

Yes he is. One of the best unit of the first gen.

y

He's Kenshiro with a bow

>mfw reading the wiki for analysis of FE4 characters and seeing 'He will eventually fall in the Battle of Belhalla, alongside many of his fellow comrades' on most of them

why must I always be reminded

Why the fuck the first generation in FE 4 have so much mounted units. It gets retarded.

Now this is powercreep.

I never played Awakening, how in the fuck do you even gets stats like that? Do people have 350% growth rates?

BIG

BEAUTIFUL

MAPS

You act like Gen2 doesnt become the same by chp 7. It's so maps take 30-50 turns and not 60-80

you can reset to level 1 and keep all your stats as many times as you want
any unit in awakening can cap all their stats

What's wrong user?

fucking kek

Why
Is there a downside to resetting your level?
That makes no sense.

Hence, one of several reasons Awakening is retarded and why I have some respect for Fates fixing a lot of its gameplay mistakes.

It's inflate because you're supposed to have the best of the best team, meaning well made 2nd gen units with limit breaker which ads +10 to all stats. DLC endgame awakeing is absurd stat wise.

none aside from the game keeping internal track of your level and demolishing your exp gains

even then there's a minimum you get per kill and one of the dlc maps throws so many units at you that even with the lowest possible exp gain you'll get 5 levels every 5 minutes

fates straight up has no level cap, you can use the raise level cap by 5 seal as many times as you want
the ui stops displaying levels past 99 but trust me, it easily goes above that

>Is there a downside to resetting your level?
It takes longer to get exp. So it's entirely balanced mechanic because it rewards you for spending more time on the game instead of becoming more skilled at it.

Meet Lunatic + enemies only skills. All of them have a 100% activations rate.

Leveling up takes forever after a certain point, even with the retard leveling up dlc.

>even then there's a minimum you get per kill and one of the dlc maps throws so many units at you that even with the lowest possible exp gain you'll get 5 levels every 5 minutes

The Genealogy of War map with Sigurd, right?

Eternal Seals cost 12,000 gold, though, so it's not as simple as using Second Seals over and over

>two hours for a dlc map without fuck ups
youtu.be/2H4M7VRMPC4

>Cordelia with a tome named Tsubaki

Jesus
And I thought some of the skills I was giving people were a little excessive.

>has more hp then anyone else in my current army

jesus christ

>Dark flyers were so broken in Awakening that they made them a DLC class in Fates
>They didn't learn their lesson and added Witches in Fats DLC

Witches can fucking warp to any allies on the map and they are faster and more skilled Dark Mages.

That's still DLC so its expected to be broken, and even while warp is crazy, its not as bad as pair up galeforce was in awakening

A lovely get for a lovely lady.
At least it's DLC. Although it's kinda sad that the Ballista class pales in comparison.

The Ballista Class is god tier in PVP.

>Join thread
>Mordecai's somehow fucking died
>Haar dies to something that isn't Thunder magic
>Nealuchi's dead.
>Marcia and Lethe got killed last night

Good fucking lord step up your game.

He got 18 characters killed in TacHack, of course Nigger gonna nigger

Holy shit Witch could have the shittiest bases in the game and still be overpowered as fuck with those skills.

That'd be more impressive if Fates PVP wasn't hacked to the grave and back.

>Witches possess the highest capped Magic out of any magic-wielding class in the game, having one more point of Magic than the Sorcerer, and having 3 more Magic points than Onmyoji. Like Sorcerers, Witches are capable of obtaining an S-Rank in Tomes, allowing them to use the coveted Excalibur tome. Their innate critical bonus and slightly higher Skill and Speed as compared to Sorcerers make the Witch class immensely attractive, while having slightly subpar defensive capabilities. The Witch class's superior Magic and Speed allows them to overpower most enemies that come their way, alongside avoiding enemy onslaughts reliably.

They are magical glass cannons.

>the coveted Excalibur tome
>coveted
>S-rank weapon
Also, the description should just be "they're Sorcerers but better"

Why the hell Nohr have more S rank weapons than Hoshido, anyway.

Oh wait, forget about that. All the weeaboo weapons (nagita, shuriken and katana) have S rank weapons. Stuff like the clubs, scrolls and rods does not.

N: Staves/axes/tomes
H: Lances/Swords/bows/Shurikens

or do you mean more S ranked weapon drops?

The drops