What went wrong?

Too dangerous

Nothing

Downgraded to hell

shitty main story

Horrid combat.

It got popular

>they severely downgraded the graphics ,lied about it until release date
>they lied about modding tools until release date, then said fuck you there are no modding tools
>story is typical AAA tripe
>the main writers of Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 weren't working on this game, the lead "writer" wasn't even a writer

Nothing.

The open world gameplay design was garbage

You have enemies everywhere at random places that you can't kill to discourage exploration. Then even if you kill them the loot is 90% useless vendor trash

>You have enemies everywhere at random places that you can't kill to discourage exploration.
I was going to list actual flaws, then I saw you bitch that everything isn't level scaled, which would completely eliminate the use of levelling up as Skyrim firmly demonstrated.
In summary, kill yourself.

Or they could have put some effort in the open world design and not put lvl 25 Griffins in the starting area, or lvl 30 golems in the swamps a few metters away from where you do lvl 10 main quest

If they didn't want to level scale then they should have put thought into it

I've never had an issue with running into enemies too high of a level, unless it was the occasional 'boss tier' monster that's guarding very high level equipment anyway.
It would be different if it happened often, but it's rare.
You're just a bitch.

Contrarians.

No fun

t.Thebull94

out of all the flaws of this game that pierce my heart like a dagger this one hurts the most

I never thought possible CDPR could make the writing so terrible. I took for granted that this game would be at least of the quality of Witcher 1 / Witcher 2, so I pre-ordered it.

There was nothing to go wrong. The Witcher has never attempted to have ambitious, non-repetitive gameplay and this game is no different.

This has to be bait.

Your inquiry implies they were doing it right before 3. Having played 1, I can say it improved everything with each iteration, unless you play your sexual escapades like Pokemon and prefer your romance options paper thin (cause they gave you nudie cards in 1 hur durr)

Beyond that, it has the factor of being judged as the final act, so obviously will have a lot of expectations it is measured to (or simple lament that it's the end). The fact is that they nailed it, its excellence ruined games for many, and it is fun to scorn the popular masterpiece.

The source material is kinda boring.

No, you guys don't get it. The issue is that there's no point in trying to take on higher level enemies for their stuff, since you either won't get anything good, or if you to it's level restricted anyway.

not enough diversity

Below average gameplay

This is ironic since Witcher 1 love triangle between Shani/Triss was far better than anything in the other two games. There were quests connected with them relevant to the main story, and the relationships develops troughout all chapters.

You want paper thin romance, see Triss in Witcher 3, that ball scene was something Bioware could do better in their sleep

>getting drunk with shani and stealing from the granny downstairs
loved it, also getting drunk in w1 was some serious shit since you could barely walk and it lasted forever.

That scene where you go with Dandelion and Zoltan get drunk and discuss your love life was great.

Yeah, in TW3 the screen blurs from one pint of cheap beer.

That drinking mini-game was something they should have kept from Witcher 1.

>What went wrong?

The parts where it pretends to actually be an RPG.

Sure, some loot and skilltrees? Fine. But level locked gear? Why the fuck does Geralt level? It feels completely arbitrary. Why does Geralt have areas where he is "underleveled"?

Witcher 3 feels like an Action Adventure game with bolted on RPG elements that don't fit it at all. Don't get me wrong it's not all bad but shit like facing a regular thug that completely wipes the floor with Geralt simply because he's higher level is horseshit.

What now you piece of filth

>But level locked gear?

This is the single worst thing about the game.

Witchersenses

>Implying the first game was somehow different

>The kings is dead long live the king

What did he mean by this?

Eredin is a spastic.

You are just too stupid to understand morally gray characters pam

enemy defenses reverse-scaling with player levels
shit loot system
shit rpg system
unfun, repetitive combat with minimum of interesting abilities

I couldn't even hunt the fuck gryphon, stopped caring.

Ugly protag

did so well that Cred Forums started to hate it

Big world, not enough witcher contracts/ side quests

>a bloo bloo bloo it's not new vegas

every single one of these threads in a nutshell

The open-world meme that added nothing of value to the game

This.

Anyone have any recommended mods for the first two games? Can't do much graphically as my PC is shit, but thinking more along the lines of bug fix patches and subtle improvements.

started playing the first one today and good lord the combat is absolute, complete shit
put it on easy so i don't have to actually try to fight

kys mi familia

are you telling me that the rhythm game combat is good?

CDP lied plenty of times, they act like they care about pc but guess what they downgraded game and haven't even bother to recover true ultra e3 settings on pc.
Also shitty PR stunt with "Free dlcs" cut from game, but they were so shit that they couldn't sell it like 2 bigger dlcs.
CDP are console game devs, they are not your friend and you should be beware of their shitty practices. Choices got dumbed down to the max (You can kill for example Keira and nobody give a fuck or not even asks? what the actual fuck is this writing CDP?), balance is shit, enemies are copy pasted, exploration is not rewarding since what you craft is much better, every enemy is bullet (sword?) sponge with almost unlimited amount of dodges. Combat gave me brain cancer how badly designed that shit was, also batman vision quests rofl. In W3 Geralt became super hero instead anti-hero/neutral guy, he will help every villager he can help. Also Ending was even worse than Mass Effect's 3.

I'm 100% sure Cyberpunk 2077 will be copy pasted Deus Ex game. Since CDP is doing nothing but rip-offing other games like chinese mmorpg/fps devs.

yes

>he got opinion about shitty game

better call it a bait instead try to talk and confront him

that's Cred Forums 2016