The Witcher 3

First time playing a witcher game,i just got my shit pushed in by a pack of wolfs.
Can we get a witcher 3 thread? where the FUCK do i get potions and shit? im so lost and almost every fight feels like a challenge,i had a 50% hp and a drowner killed me in one shot
How do you play this fucking game? (its amazing tho)

I'm also on my first playthrough. The healing system sucks, you gotta eat stuff and wait. The combat gets less annoying when you level up and fight things that are actually level appropriate, although werewolves are bullshit, don't even try to kill one when they get to half health they activate a self heal that heals them faster than you can do damage.

Inb4 contrarians

Also Quen is your best friend. Always have it active

>set to normal
>every time you meditate you heal to full

there's no reason for the "harder" difficulties, they're tedious and combat wise pretty much the same except enemies have ten fold more hp. the combat system is terrible, it's not good enough to justify the "challenge".

How little you fucks know...

One must become de Riv to be good at the game.

>How do you play this fucking game? (its amazing tho)

No it's not. Once you unlock a few perks , potions and Witcher armor the game is not challenging on Death March, not until 50 hours later until you reach the first DLC

i put it on deathmarch just so i can have fun fighting bosses without winning in less than a minute

moondust interupts their healing

Oh yeah also don't lock on unless you're only fighting one enemy and mix strong and weak attacks together. The step back is usually a better decision than rolling.

Get a troll decotion i think

>de Riv

I love the witcher but bro..brooo

This

It's only challenging in the first 10 hours, then it becomes a joke on every difficulty.

got lvl 3 quen,really useful,have to prepare for a fight with a Noonwraith and i literally dont know what to do,i dont want to google it

Here are some tips
>loot everything you can, except when guards are around
>don't ever buy weapons or armor
>always play gwent when you first talk to a person
>don't ever drop anything unless you're in a dungeon, since you can just call your horse and ride to town to sell it
>don't ever sell food except for alcoholic beverages
>most enemies have an attack pattern, learn it and exploit it
>dodge monster attacks, some of them cannot be blocked
>max out the first axii branch for more dialogue options
>you can win most fights with quen and your swords
>the exception are strong wraiths, which takes a long time unless you cast yrden

I'm pretty sure you can get swallow (healing potion) from a witch in White Orchard. I suggest hanging around there, doing quests, and hitting all the ?s (though this is the ONLY area I suggest doing this in.)
You can hit quite a few points of power (give skill points) and will be able to make at least swallow by the time you're done.
Leveling up is confusing, and you can only use skills that you slot in the character menu.
Buy water when you can, or fish. Always keep food/ water on a hotkey.

Use potions since they all come back after you meditate, they are actually pretty good

They should have had another difficulty above Death March that's unlocked only after you make the Witcher armor and all the potions. Otherwise it's broken

your bestiary tells you

>difficulty tied to gear
no

Typically, enemies that regenerate need to be hit with a damage over time effect to cancel it, you can use the igni sign for incineration, the poison bombs or poison sword oil perk most of the time.
Eating to heal is the shittiest way to heal, but shitty food and booze is abundant enough to have it on a hotkey all the time. When you aren't doing anything else, chug. When you are fighting, stack your food with Swallow potion or use White Raffard's for a more normal healing potion effect.

I threw the Witcher armor in the garbage precisely for that reason

What's the point? Monster does more damage and becomes damage sponge? Woohoo. There's no way to make the game more fun unless you change the fundamentals.

Then they should have made death march harder, because this game is broken and piss easy

Yes?

What is the point of none of the fights having any challenge and superior bombs and potions being so OP? I mean the superior Golden Oriole makes poison heal you wtf

which armor is that? I've been using that griffin armor forever and I can't seem to find anything better.

superior oils are also OP

Witch Hunter armor

It's random loot, it's not better the stats are shit, but I used it because witcher armor was so OP

I'm starting to not care about stats tbhq. I just want something that looks comfy and /fa/. Thanks, user