youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-6JeHs6ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=6T7cuRA4DRw
youtube.com/watch?v=wKxA02QVjY8
youtube.com/watch?v=RsOebnWulEg
youtube.com/watch?v=xu0QLLbrVVc]
youtube.com/watch?v=Knl5mk6xhsc
youtube.com/watch?v=cio4Bx_9A8k
youtube.com/watch?v=0_afoboYHgs
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLBD52E8E1408D64B5¶ms=OAFIAVgF&v=ZrGmuInMc0o&mode=NORMAL
youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=4EiszEWAgl8
youtube.com/watch?v=0YeeVhz_iXw
youtube.com/watch?v=oVpe04Xn3mw
youtube.com/watch?v=mAHA36OmdBE
youtube.com/watch?v=JjHh7a9P-YU
youtube.com/watch?v=_ue714d1V6I
youtube.com/watch?v=8vBWmV5sjMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lostboy

SQUATO

the only time i've actually been viscerally scared by a video game is the first hallway with the window in resident evil 1.

greatly looking forward to next generation of VR stuff, when games will be able to make us literally shit our pants.

Thief Gold did a good job. Fucking haunts and their laugh

>Amnesia

Only because it's the only horror game I tried. I'm sure any other horror game would do it too.

LSD

Every horror game scares me
I can't play them because I find them too stressful.

same i'm a coward

FNAF 1 and 4 have spooked me many times with their RNG events and the atmosphere alone, jumpscare aside, they build up the tension quite well, you really get a feeling of "OH GOD PLEASE DON'T COME HERE" with these two

But my biggest long-time spook has to be HL2 when i discovered what the headcrab zombies were actually saying, its one of those long spooks that disturb you because of the implications of it: having an alien creature take control of your body, while you are in endless pain locked in your own brain unable to do anything, probably also unable to see anything, just you in a dark box hoping it ends soon while screaming "OHHHH GOOOOD HELP MEEEEEEEE!" in reverse

Nope, no movies have either. I still like old survival horror games and horror movies though.

That looks like tyranid dildo.

Yume Nikki gave me goosebumps one time, that's about it. Every other horror game I just treat as another game, just with more bullshit puzzles.

First time i met one of those telekinetic gnomes in stalker cop. I wasn't prepared for that shit.

Yeah, LSD did it for me.

>Bioshock
>that one part early in the game where all of the lights go out and you get attacked by splicers in the dark

I'm in a similar situation. I love to watch people play them or watch horror movies and generally won't get freaked out, but if I'm behind the wheel I can't keep my composure.

>mfw finding out Deadly Premonition had spooks in it
>had to force myself to finish it

The anime is shit.

>Bioshock
>scary

I really can't get scared in a game if I have a functioning shotgun in it. And by the end of that game you become Thor, wielder of wrench which takes away any tension.

>Playing the Splatterhouse reboot(?)
>Decent hack and slash action game
>Generally not scary despite fighting monsters
>Walking down a hallway in some level (can't remember)
>random as fuck jump scare just to fuck with you
>this is LITERALLY the only time in the game this happens

FUCK YOU

Seeing this for the first time.

all of them because i'm a colossal PUSSY

Do you dare?

No, have played silent hiss, resident evil, alone in the dark. Love survival horror though. Any suggestions

Never been able to play more than thirty minutes at a time, and I still haven't been able to get past the Mall.

I'm spooked by everything, but this was one of the only games to do this to me to this extent. Something about this game is fucking unnerving.

I'm fine as long as I can fight back, take my weapons and I'm out.

PT legitimately scared me.

I fucking hate the dark.

How does this image make you feel, Cred Forums?

Confused

>browse through list of upcoming anime for next season
>this shows up
>it's real

they made a game out of the aooni animu? that was fast

i hope aooni survives to the end, he's clearly the coolest of the 5 students.

squato

I found P.T. to be pretty scary, not too much to not play, but it's the only game that creeped me out.

one of the few times i was legitimately terrified to go on

Does this emulate well?

These things gave me nightmares as a kid

>Eternal Darkness was 14 years ago

this
really confused on why theres an anime remake of ao oni lmaoxd
Yes, and they still do. Still imho the best and quickest scare was 'Im scared' (or IMSCARED if youre a faggot), especially unnerving was how it also played with you the player directly outside of the game itself. This was also recently remade on steam for a price so might check that out again

>Huh, that wasn't so ba-

That ending pissed me off. What a cheap shot.

The ending of imscared really sticks with you after the game is over.

>if I'm behind the wheel I can't keep my composure

THE SUSPENSE
SO INTENSE
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

Is finding this shit scary a meme or something?

It was a shitty RPGmaker game where you had to run from a blue person with a giant head that's just some face slapped with a shitty photoshop filter

It was a funny in a "awful indie horror game" sort of way.

I watched it and I declare it AOTS.

not as bad dead space 1's screamer
thought you were finally safe from the ishimura...

Yeah admittantly amnesia scared the fuck out of me. I'm not easily frightened but I need something to hold onto in games, and the RNG scared me more than anything.

There were several caves/buildings/vaults in Fallout 3 with deep, murky water. I often times can not actually go through them because I know these abominations are sure to be close by. Even on land, they skeev me the fuck out, but in deep water that I can't see more than a few feet in, they are the ultimate nightmare.

This and Gakuen Handsome are AOTY contenders

>Deadly Premonition
Really nigga? that game is more of a comedy, even the "horror" parts.

godamn!

It emulates very, very well. However the water flashes red and blue (and maybe white, rip epileptics) - its not supposed to do that. You can get it on the japanese psn though

>First few are cute, and make you laugh when you jump at the silly cardboard cutout
>The noises become louder, and more visceral
>Then you get chased by fucking monsters
Was an effective build-up, i must say, and went from funny to utterly terrifying.

The soundtrack really did it for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=2mEe-tAb3H0

youtube.com/watch?v=CFUe7Q6xkec

That part where you take something from a dentist table and then the guy suddenly appears behind you scared the shit out of me. Such a cheap but effective scare.

sound spooks me more than images in videogame senpai

Having to fumble with bad controls while be chased by the raincoat guy was fucked up desu

Fuck that shit man. I'm a pussy so was tense the whole time I played the game.
>Hey this wasn''t that scary
>Suddenly that shit happens
>Almost die of a heart attack

Fag or just a fag?

Ib anime when?

I wish I could find the lp that replaced the music with circus music for the onis.

holy shit its been so long

oh fuck oH FUCK

RE1, when you fall down the hole. I went down the crypt, had barely any ammo and HP since it was after that boss fight, and had a nail-biting hustle through uncharted waters to get to the save room. Very tense. Very awesome moment.

It's impossible to take weebshit seriously

i wasn't aware ace attorney had this in it fampai

>multiple versions of the game that drastically differ in terms of location and events
>two novels
>two movies
>now an anime
I'm legitimately surprised.

youtube.com/watch?v=MYX2nPpWp8o

did it scare you, Cred Forums?

>he was scared of this fucker and the cheesiest chase scenes since scooby doo

how

Anatomy is pretty spoopy.

>open video
>e-celeb letsplayer garbage
>close video

Containment board when?

soon

How's the anime?

And it's impossible to take you seriously when you dismiss something as 'weebshit'.

>weebshit
>ace attorney

It's taken out of context, just like literally every case in the game

When I was younger, sure. Nowadays I play horror games for their puzzle solving and mystery elements.

same fagoli

Layers Of Fear seriously fucked with me in the beginning. Like 5spook8me. The spoop tapered off by the end though.

never dumb faggot

>IMSCARED

>say something stupid
>multiple people call you out on it
>s-s-samefag!

I'm right tho

wait what the fuck this is really ace attorney ?
i was joking when i said that, is it the same girl then ?
>mfw

It's actually a GOOD fucking game, you cunt.

Did you ever do an RPG Maker game? Ao Oni is well programmed and well executed, has an innovative concept for the time it came out and built an actual fan base.

You built nothing
You are nothing
So shut up.

Can't be bothered to screencap and crop my post so I'll just call you a faggot

No, but at least they finished it.
I'm using this opportunity to rant on horror videos where the player doesn't plan on playing it for long.
They're always awful.
Just any youtuber who puts up like an hour long video of a horror game where they aren't planning to play far into it, the video will likely be terrible.
Because most horror games have significant build up, so what you get is an hour of walking around and being slightly spooked by dark rooms before finally they encounter a monster, die to it and then end the video.
It's absolutely retarded and I can't find any better example that the recent Amnesia video AVGN did.
They didn't even reach the monster. But because of this idea to play a load of horror games across October, none of these videos are ever going to reach a conclusion or get to the best parts of the game.
The only exception is shitty indie horror games where you're just thrown into an area with a monster and told to go get the mcguffins.

PT
Condemned Bloodshot (especially the tar sections)
and when I was a kid that giant catfish from ape escape made me freak out. Kinda had a fear of giant things hiding in water, still do really.
I tend to avoid scary games unless they're fun enough to put myself through the stress. Like i wouldn't really play something like Amnesia or PT normally. But something like Dead Space or Condemned where the gameplay is good is fun. I don't like just walking around and spooking myself. Also I'm a fucking pussy when it comes to creepy shit. I'm too good at putting myself in the characters shoes, and would probably cry if I played PT or RE7 in VR. But I did really like PT, mainly because the suspense/atmosphere was REALLY good and I liked the super obscure puzzles.

only when I was really young. Shit like redeads and dead hand in OOT, but besides that kind of stuff I don't think any game is really scary for me anymore.

>is it the same girl then ?
You lost me on this. But yes, the gif of the girl covered in blood is from the 5th mainline Ace Attorney game

yes

I was talking about the game silly user!

>game changes text files
>running from whiteface in the arrows stages
Fuck no, never again

been playing IMSCARED today actually.
>that part when HER starts coming out of the paintings and chases you

Yeah but I did like how the same thing happens in 2, except instead of a jumpscare Ellie just goes "What?"

yeah i was talking about the girl on the left of the upper row
well alright then

It's because when you're in control you put yourself in the characters shoes more and not just an observer. Having control is much more immerse than just watching, which is one of the reasons I think games are scarier than movies or atleast they will for sure be when graphics get to like PT levels of realism. That and VR will certainly up the spook factor.

>everyone died in the first episode
This shit's retarded, and I hate that it made me laugh so hard.

>It's actually a GOOD fucking game, you cunt.

Lol

>Did you ever do an RPG Maker game?

Yes, when I was like 10.

>Ao Oni is well programmed and well executed, has an innovative concept for the time it came out

I've played "run from the monster" games before this one.

>and built an actual fan base.

Wow, and I guess you're a part of it because of how triggered you got.

she didn't actually kill anybody, they just thought she did for a little while

>over 100 replies
>no penumbra or amnesia

I found P.T. to be fucking terrifying. I actually still haven't finished the final puzzle because I'm afraid of being jumped by Lisa.

>Clarence

Yeah, that was her in loli form.

You didn't talk about anything, Just a link to some cancer youtube e-celebs and a question.

I had just gotten a new GPU, you bet your ass this scared me

> Lol

LOL!

> Yes, when I was like 10

It must've sucked. A 10 year old doesn't know how to program a good game.

> I've played ''run from the monster'' games before this one

Pac-Man didn't have puzzles to solve...

> Wow, and I guess you're a part of it because of how triggered you got

Yes, I am an Ao Oni fan. I'm not really into the fan games but the original definitely earned it.

Amnesia has been mentioned multiple times you dumb frogposter.

I guess that makes sense.

i'm the wussest coward you'll ever see so i get spooked by literally every game, even games that aren't spooky in the least
something sudden and unexpected happens? spooky

No game has and ever will scare me the way playing through Amnesia: TDD did. I wish I could forget (har har) the whole game so I could experience again for the first time. Definitely one of my most memorable experiences in le gaming.

Is it broken?

>116 replies
>no mention of this semen demen

DARLING!

It's probably a game scaring the player by pretending it's broken. Even batman did it.

In my late teens or early 20s, my friend and I rented one of the fatal frame games from blockbuster. We heard it was a pretty scary game. We agreed to switch off every once in a while since it's single player. My friend was up first, and as he was walking toward one hallway, a ghost could be seen drifting past it at the other end. We both froze up, and he offered to let me play. I passed on it, and he was forced to continue. The actual fighting ghosts mechanics weren't scary, but the ghosts appearing in your peripherals were pretty damn scary back then.

>mfw I played that just when I got my xbox repaired because of the 3 lights

fuck this god damn area and ESPECIALLY what is at the end

Damn you're triggered.

Pac-man??? Jesus, Ao Oni isn't innovative. Try Clock Tower or similar.

Best anime adaptation of a videogame.

>three games building a safety feel when opening a door.
>unbeatable boss kills it forever
No game has ever topped this feel. It just can't.
And if you didn't fully feel it, you lose the apex of horror feels in gaming.

youtube.com/watch?v=sYX-7juLBUo
youtube.com/watch?v=nDJzf5jqccw

Triggered? Did Cred Forums become a sub-branch of tumblr or something?

You seem more triggered than he is.

Also, we weren't able to beat the game because the spergs who rented the game before failed to take care of the game, as it was covered in scratches and greasy prints. It froze on some loading screen and we couldn't progress.

>You will never be raped by SA-X
why live

L-Lewd.....

I am mocking the spastic that got extremely angry at someone not liking his favorite japanese indie game.

The original Resident Evil for the PlayStation back in 1996.

>Played alone.
>At night.
>Dark hallways.
>Creepy music.
>Spiders.
>The room with the waist high water and sharks.
>Darkness.

I'm 31 and I don't think anything will ever scare me as much as that game did again.

That kinda makes me sad.

Amnesia, Outlast and SOMA were all good in their own ways but I'm not 11 anymore.

Well it being a dumb humorous 3 minutes skit made me feel alright
Those 2 live actions weren't even "so bad it's good again" that i hoped they'd be

I never played Simcity 4, when does that music play?

Remember Clock Tower?

>that moment in sector 2 where you are forced to run away from sa-x with that terrifying theme

Everytime there is this thread I forget I promised Cred Forums to stream the movie.

I don't know how to stream and shiet.

When you completely destroy your city and everybody in it, I believe.

Game made me uncomfortable as fuck for some reason

Is this the one with the great ending?

Came in to this thread to post this.
Shit was cash.
BÄ°oshock was goddamn amazing in general, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Il5aZhYy8E

This Halloween Im going to watch a bunch of spooky cartoons and when the night comes I will play Lone Survivor.

I hear is very spooky!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-6JeHs6ZY

Randomly, I'm serious. It plays all the time on a planted pirate copy from way back

only the first time though, both this and the skeletons from daggerfall scared me the first time playing them

first ep was pretty funny

>Thinking Cred Forums has any taste

Amnesia wasn't as scary as Pnumbra, tho.

It's deselected from the playlist by default. You have to look it up and turn it on for it to play during the game.

>skeletons from daggerfall
REEEEEEEEEEEE

What do yo think about this game? I think it has potential.
youtube.com/watch?v=6T7cuRA4DRw

SOMA got me with a couple jump scares and made me feel like shit with its existential crisis of an ending.

Same. Nothing like the deep ocean filled with aliens trying to eat you

Genuine spooks when I played it back then. Every area she showed up in gave me a boner.

I made a home theater with a 120 inch screen and surround sound.

Played dead space after smoking some DUDELMAO for the first time in ages.

Wew lad

Why is this seriously the scariest moment in all of gaming.

What about it made it so damn special

100 times this
>game is creepy but never out right scary
>all of a sudden it throws a curveball at you
Holy fuck i paniced so hard

That fucking game. Spooped a little near the beginning, near the end I just felt like a piece of fucking shit

[Spoiler]The MC is doomed to an eternity of exploring a presumably dead planet, "killed" his AI waifu, and cannot "die" by conventional means. He's also stuck literally on the bottom of the ocean floor. I cannot imagine a more effective Hell.[/spoiler]

>tfw Resident Evil fell for the "First person survival horror" meme.

JUUUUULLLIIEEEEEEE

>mentions FNAF
>no shitstorm

shit, lucky you

Because it was the first time you saw a 3d zombie cinematic before it came to eat your face.

Also in RE that wasn't the scariest part. The scariest part was when a dog jumps through a window and scares the shit out of you.

Appropriate, since it will f*ck you.

Because it was the first real cinematic spookventure for many players at that time.

Also the fact that in the mid nineties zombies were faded out, and now you got the most realistic zombie face in a cutscene staring at you in the eyes, looking at you like you're a grilled porch chop. And he immediately comes after you.

i want her to dominate me so bad. honestly she contributed to my fucked up fetishes first, and now my sexuality's so fucked that i can't even get attracted to vanilla girls anymore. feelsbadman

>porch chop
oh god i gotta go to sleep
not before i have some diddlin' funtime thinking about pic related though

>when you get locked in the bathroom and realize it's you trying to open the door from the other side

Why are we still here... just to suffer?

youtube.com/watch?v=wKxA02QVjY8
youtube.com/watch?v=RsOebnWulEg

Call it a meme, a shitty corridor simulator, whatever, but this fucking thing right here is the scariest shit in gaming for decades. Shove your nights at freddies or slendermen up your ass.

When you're hiding in the corner of med bay and the doors only have a 30 second lock and the xeno is thumping around in the hallway outside.

Played Irisu Syndrome recently. That got me good. Especially the part where she walks in from off screen.

I just stopped playing Ocarina of Time on the 3DS because I got to the well part.

Its not scary once you realize that you can easily outmanoeuvre its retarded A.I. with regular fins - that is, when its actually chasing you and not bugging itself out on geometry.

This entire game is just like the leviathan really. Flashy and exciting at the first glance but once you learn the mechanics you realize that its just a shallow empty survival simulator created by a bunch of hacks who's idea of the scariest deep sea monster is a big fish with a pair of hands.

Like the style.

Wasn't it censored? Removed blood and stuff.

>that game that started promoting jumpscares as the only selling point

Silent Hill-tier use of sounds. Bretty gud.

Just started playing this game yesterday. Love it, but holy fuck is it unforgiving and punishing. It makes the stealth segments really tense, but I feel like the actual scare factor is ruined when you get killed by the Xeno for the fourth time in the same section.

Should I bring the difficulty down to normal? Started on hard.

I still don't understand how it became so popular. I tried it 2 years after the popularity began, and the scariness stopped after 30 minutes of gameplay and I just got fucking pissed every time that fucked teleported nearby.

those weird 14/? and 14/?? games creeped me out

I really don't remember that much of a difficulty spike between normal and hard. So i'd say just keep learning the game. It took me forever to realize that the tracker gives off light, felt like and idiot. flares are a god send too

>I still don't understand how it became so popular.

Slenderman was popular and the PewDiePie/Markiplier crowd were playing it.

no because im not a faggot

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There's a horror game for everyone. You haven't played enough.

meme youtubers.

I really like the marble greybless or whatever this project was called though.

should i play white day or sh3 tonite

If you're a Nito, play either.

If you actually have shit to do tomorrow, play White Day and leave SH3 for friday night and pull an all nighter.

The first one is good. The others were kinda wrecked by the janky voice acting.

Let's not forget that they're located in very specific part of the map.

Was bretty disappointed in this game desu. Bought it for the deep sea terror but turns out there isn't anything below like 800ft

For the "first" horror game, Sweet Home did a good job setting some standards.

Dead or Alive had an amazing jumpscare, pic related'

This shit is both hilarious and creepy

youtube.com/watch?v=xu0QLLbrVVc]

The first FNAF scared me from the atomosphere alone. Every other game after that was just stressful because I didn't wanna start the level over if I lost.

The Witcher 3 would have had some fucking nightmare fuel shit if you didn't play a monster hunter that killed everything in 10 seconds.

How's this Cred Forums?

Got pretty spooked the first time i was this.

play with headphones on, it will help you learn the audio cues so you don't rely on the tracker
it also makes a bunch of noise when you use it, so if you even think the alien is nearby he'll definitely hear it

the ai is bugged on hard, it more or less gets a bonus to detecting where you are. unless you really like it, you should probably switch

Marble Hornets was great until a little before the halfway point, then it became a fucking disaster of a project that lost all sense of suspense when you could basically call out scenes moments before they happened.

isnt that a free game?
lol

>play with headphones on, it will help you learn the audio cues so you don't rely on the tracker
yes this. forgot to mention that. you need to hear where the alien is.

It's nothing

Oh damn,this reminds me of my first time in Vault 87.Was at level 10,no companions,had a combat shotgun plus a few laser rifles to piece together.Didn't help that I had next to no aid items and was doing it in the middle of the night.Mirelurk Kings/Swamplurks remind me of Old Gregg,just look it up on Youtube.The similarity just makes me laugh instead of scaring me.

FNAF honestly tenses me up more than any other horror series, and I play tons of horror games.

its alright, wouldn't call it creepy but its a fun horror adventure game

Damn...
Ellipses...

what makes it work is how unexpected it is, but by the second attempt the charm is gone

the fact that I am terrified of deep sea is the only thing that prevented me from dropping this game after 2 hours, because that's literally the time it takes you to see and learn everything (excluding grinding)

You are a little bitch user.

No, it's really impacting my enjoyment of horror games and I hate it. I used to at least be able to enjoy the atmosphere even though I wasn't scared, now I can't even do that.

>That title sequence

Corpse Party was a pretty fucked up experience.

>RPGmaker

It's shit

I've seen this not too long ago. The main creature in both movies is surprisingly unnerving. Go watch it.

every time this fucker popped up my heart dropped

>don't know about underwater enemies
>think I'm hallucinating seeing faces underwater
>turn around and see this

This fucking shit when I was 3

why?

these horror games are getting fucking creative jesus christ

FUCK

The FUCK is that

what is this from

This guy didn't scare me as much, I was more intrigued when I got to see him up close

youtube.com/watch?v=Knl5mk6xhsc

nice vid saint

This and the house from Vampire

Dreugh.

Dreugh from morrowind

There really isn't anything that's catching my eye anymore. Everything just looks and feels the same and is all waifu bait shit.

I miss edgy anime.

thanks

but Yume nikki exists user

As cheap as it is, that spooked the fuck outta me so badly that I stopped playing.

>That sound when the chef sees you
Fuck me, I'm sold. Please release a physical copy.

Never. The dev wants nothing more than for people to just play his game then fuck off.

This

You eceleb shitters need your own board

Name it /gossip/ and keep you faggots in there

Indeed.

2bfp is pretty bad but some of their horror game videos are comfy

I stream for Cred Forums a lot, so I could totally do this if the hotpockets would allow it

Eh. Gets kinda dull eventually and the way it suddenly interupts you is fucking bullshit.

fuck NO, i had to stop playing the game for like 2,5 weeks before i mustered my courage and finished that part.

The worst part of it was there was no jumpscares and i was constantly on the edge waiting for one. And fuck that door thumping in the attic. Once you got a closer look at the enemies it killed the tension

No

Its worth playing, but not buying.

It takes about an hour to beat the first time around, and once you beat it, getting the true ending is ezpz

I never played the first Postal, but what the fuck were these niggers thinking
youtube.com/watch?v=cio4Bx_9A8k

Is it a good adaptation?

shit spooked me straight

the music really adds to it, as well as how everytime you restart the game, he fucks with you more

Under rated

>ending
So, she died and that's it?

dOn't OpEn thIs...

shits not loading senpai

spoooky disappearing gif

nice trips user

Wait, how did it 404 ? Cool stuff.
i'm a scaredy cat though so i scrolled up just enough to leave a line or two of pixels, didn't see shit

Penumbra reminded me why I love horror
>Penumbra Overture first play through
>Crippling fear of bugs
>Barely get through the cave path to the storage room by rushing through and not focusing on the spiders

>The introduction to the Iron Mines

The dogs were fucking nothing, but that made me physically recoil and look away while jumping up trying to get away.

>monster starts running after

Turok 2, back when it was new.

Spooked

>making an anime about some pedo's harem
no tanks bruddeh

For the curious but uninitiated: What is this from?

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, one of the labs.

This webm makes me angry every time it gets posted.

but why

Don't check your party menu. He's there.

Ghost aren't that scary

This guy made the game so tense.

Hehe, Doot.

The image you're talking about is Batman, bro

holy shit I have never noticed that

Why is the girl smiling?

>That moment where he jumps through the window right next to the save room

Best part about that section is how the game doesn't clue you in.
STALKER has a habit of telling you squat so at the time you're there you're expecting more heavily armed military dudes.

Thank you

I pirated the game, and I was spooked that it was maybe emulating Earthbound's kind of antipiracy measures.

fucking chaotic theme too shit just unnerving

Little arrogant shit thought the ghost was slow and harmless and it came back to bite her in her now-dead ass.

what's this from?

The movie is called mama the ghost killed her and her sisters father and took care of them for a spell then the fathers brother found them and the ghost got jelous of them and went after the whole family out of a jealous rage, that girl was a fucking autist though i hated her the whole movie

>tfw overcoming a technical limitation produces one the the most memorable jump scares ever.

Pathologic.

shit had me unnerved almost right from the get go

I found Whistleblower to be genuinely more terrifying than the actual game. Fuck that dude with the bone saw too.

STAAAAAARS...

BAZINGA!

That one part of Black Mesa where you have to do some bullshit platforming over an endless sinkhole of Ichthyosaurs

Nightmare fuel, considering you couldn't see the bottom, only the occasional functioning light.

>gif

do people find nemesis scary? even as a kid I always thought he was a nuisance

It's a dog fucking a pillow

Akibaranger

Amnesia. That's it.

>Locker Simulator 2015
>scary
that game was boring as fuck

How much debt is he in again?

God damn it.

Legitimately yelped in fear when I was surprised by one of the Many in System Shock 2

Only the janky voice acting? I played through CT3 and the story was completely fucking ridiculous. I watched someone play CT2 on Youtube and the whole game seemed downright bad. Still, I gotta give them credit for trying to be creative.

>SQUATO
what is this?

>telling you squat
>squat

True slavcore

i member!

I can never take this image seriously because when I first saw it, I thought the darker shading on the nose was a weird mouth.

bout tree fiddy

My childhood self was not ready for the SA-X.

youtube.com/watch?v=0_afoboYHgs
>...Squato?

You're entitled to your wrong opinions

I think it's because the game is otherwise a chill family game, but this scared the fuck out of me

shut the fuck up

boring bullshit meme game

oh wtf man.
without the audio.
this is just eary as fug

Flares are OP so be sure to use them properly. You don't have to keep moving all the time but staying in the same area for too long is an automatic game over. You should almost never have to hide in a locker; I think I did so three times the whole game.

Also, not that I mean to spoil anything but, the game becomes much, much easier once you get the flamethrower; it's like you get a bunch of extra lives.

Underrated post.

>the house from Vampire

FUCK

m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLBD52E8E1408D64B5¶ms=OAFIAVgF&v=ZrGmuInMc0o&mode=NORMAL

>overcoming a technical limitation
plz explain

I've always found this game to be really stressful and scary. I wouldn't call it horror but I jump every time a drone suddenly flies into me from behind. It's shit like that that's also keeping me from beating this fucking game.

Does IMSCARED crash you to the desktop while playing? I hate that shit.

Ayaaaaaaaa.....

I'm being genuine here, I don't understand this game, I feel like I'm out of the loop here. Just look at this stupid thing, how is this spooky?

The one or two other times I've mentioned that I don't like it I get a bunch of angry backlash. I feel like I'm being memed on. Is this like the skeleton shit where everyone pretends to be afraid of them? Someone please explain the joke to me.

It's not scary. I'm a big fan of these games but mostly for charm factor.

>drone is creeping up on me around the corner
>have to not panic and fuck up a simple reload

Same here, the flying drones always kill me. Everything else is easy mode but the flying bots don't always go down in 1 shot and sometimes that fucks me up.

There was this one game that I barely remember, but there was this one part where you're walking through a house AND THIS FUCKING BEAR COMES OUT OF NOWHERE HOLY SHIT.

Especially clever was this one part where you're running and there's a mirror in your direction of travel and you see that mother fucker come around the corner behind you. Fuck that shit.

PT got me pretty good. Worse part was near the "end" when I was trying to figure out how to finish it and ended up stopping in the bathroom with my camera pointed at the mirror while I thought about it and had her breathing come through the mic and notice something twitching in the mirror and realizing she was behind me. Didn't trigger a kill sequence.
And when I was walking and there were footsteps that stopped just after I stopped walking.

I've not seen this pasta before.

I still don't get this shit.
It's a ghost girl that moves forward and it turns to blacks aside from the pixels left from deleting the girl.

Angry?

Played the VR latern demo today at my gamestop, they had a promo event where a truck came with like 5 or 6 VR setups.

It was ok, the thing that really took me out was how low res it was. Almost killed it completely for me.

If it didn't look like shit though I can see it having potential. The dinner scene at the end had a whole new feel to it in VR.

enemies couldn't bust through doors and chase you into other rooms in the first two games, they could burst through a window but that wasn't another area you could go into. nemesis was the first enemy who crushed your feeling of safety after fleeing through a door and believing yourself safe.

>you go through a door to catch your breath only to have this guy bash through it and continue chasing you

I don't recall ever having been truly scared as of late, Amnesia was up there but it lost it's horror when it started to become a bit predictable later in the game imo.

When I was a child though, Fucking Sinistar was what scared me, I still remember that scream.

Just watch the anime man, it captures everything about the game. ;)

When reloading takes three different keys, it stops being simple. Does the game ever get to a point where you have to successfully drop a magazine and load another one quickly? Because I feel like something as simple as that is beyond me. I also have a further appreciation for revolvers since they don't need to deal with the whole magazine bullshit.

If you open it in a new tab, the image turns white after white loop.

Clock Tower 3 had the most MGS1 voice acting ever.
"ALYSSSSSSSAAAAA."

I think it's less a matter that it's some high level horror and more that it was a decent little game with a weird, unique enemy and some interesting/uncommon mechanics for such a tiny freeware game.
There was also the youtube meme team who exposed it to all their fans as the scary blue man game, which is where some of its popularity came from.

Really more disturbing than anything.

Nintendo can be pretty spooky when they want to be.

youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=4EiszEWAgl8

Will never understand how people think this shit is scary.

I swear, I feel like the game will just spawn them on you with no warning. I've entered a room and searched them for a bit before leaving only to get hit from behind. Also, if I hear a beep and I don't know where it came from then I just start running and hope for the best.

pussy

how about Jap shit?

why do you care so much?

me too, I miss crazy shit like genocyber, I had no idea what to expect and man that was fucked up

Hah, I didn't want to reply to that idiot but I'm glad you did

I've gotta play it again some time. That game was so fucking absurd. I pretty much had a "what?" face the whole time I was playing, especially from the 3rd chapter onwards.

I prefer the horror games that excel in tension and atmosphere

The Project Zero games in particular are all about keeping you tense as fuck for as long as possible, love that

That sounds oddly more calming for me.

What's fucking unsettling and creepy is River Twygz Bed from Super Paper Mario.

youtube.com/watch?v=0YeeVhz_iXw

As a kid Might and Magic 7 was pretty scary.
The Zombie jumpscare in Deyja traumatized me.

Witch's House.

Didn't Mr. X from RE2 do the same?

Nope doesn't happen.

Project Zero is such an odd case for me. On the one hand, I find the atmosphere and pacing to be scary as fuck but, on the other hand, it's so much fun that I'm having more fun than I am being scared, to the point where it's not really scary anymore.

I did, it felt just like the game did for me; a comedy.

>There was also the youtube meme team

Thanks for the reply, I had a feeling that this is what was going on.

NOPE NOPE NOPE FUCK YOU FAGGOT I ALMOST FELL FOR IT

DIEEE

Are there any games that capture that feel you get when you hear a number station? or when you stumble across a plain text website with complete gobblygook?

There's no joke, you just have shit taste. It happens to everyone so don't worry about it.

Is this supposed to move?

Has no one ever played Sinistar or does no one just give a fuck about it?

This was honestly my first horror type game I've played, you had to find bomb pellets from meteors while trying to kill small enemies that also collect that shit to build Sinistar, once he's built he just chases after you to no end. Taunting you the entire way. The only way to kill him is to bomb the hell out of him with hopefully enough pellets you've gathered.

Ok bro, thanks for the shitpost

5 star post

When I was 6 or 7 I got kingdom hearts, and the grim reaper dude in the cave on the starting island scared the fuck out of me so I returned it.

I LIVE

YABBA MY ICING

Yes

Most of the posters here's first run in with vidya was the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox era.

he bursts through the wall but he can't chase you through doors im 90% sure.
>it's been a long time

it's scary because the monster is unique and changes. it breaks convention with simple monster chases in basically every way it possibly can.

Like, I didn't expect a giant blue thing to burst out of the locker i was just hiding in. Thats scary, cool, and pretty clever. The puzzles in the game are pretty clever too.

I keep forgetting not everyone grew up playing every single game they could.

Never played it recently, but I'm pretty sure it'll still have that tense feeling.

RUN RUN

SInstar was ported to 6th gen, though. That's how I played it.

I don't get it

I owned sinistar growing up, and I see it mentioned occasionally in spooky threads. It's an old arcade game, there isn't a whole lot to discuss about it. Cut it out with this "I was born in the wrong generation Cred Forums is all children XDDD" shit.

You guys want that red coin, right?

The FNAF Series.
Half Life 2
Spooky House of Jumpscares

and

Oh yeah, the first Dead Space had plenty of parts that actually scared me.
>twitchers
>the sounds when in huge areas. Pipes falling and clinging around, etc
>that one "secret appearance" of the regenerator just after dealing with it the first time
>Coming back to the game after a few years and playing it with headphones and realizing all the little shit I didn't catch in other playthroughs. Like the lady on the ship's intercom automated messages whispering things to you.
Shame what happened to the series.

There's probably a ton of games i'm simply forgetting, but most older games i'll go back and try because I know they terrified me as a kid and they just aren't scary anymore.

You're right. I've played RE2 many times and I'm almost positive that he doesn't chase you. On the other hand, this leads to stupid scenarios. For example, he crashes into the room where you get the gear in the police station. After you leave that room, he will immediately crash through that room again and cut you off in the hallway, however this happens whether or not you fought him.

With Nemesis, he'll follow you from room to room and if you fight him off then he'll run away and leave you alone for a while. Nemesis is much more dynamic than Mr. X, but Mr. X was definitely the original idea.

Of all the fucking things in this game

Anyone have that webm of Irisu Syndrome?

I think it is more of an anxiety feel like with Clock Tower

any gameplay of that i cant find it

Toy Story 2, because of this nigga

The labs in STALKER were spooky I guess

P.T.
>Inb4 walking simulator
Shut the fuck up.

I fucking loved that movie.

ITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What exactly is happening in this image

recently, aliums isolation
>escape from alien
>hide in a locker
>check scanner
>RIGHT fucking next to the locker
>oh jesus
>wait can he hear the beeps?
a second later I was ripped out of the locker and clawfucked, nearly shit myself

youtube.com/watch?v=oVpe04Xn3mw

18:00

I'd love a good crypto horror game. as it is, the only examples I can think of are that fallout 3 had number stations you could discover; and some shitty steam horror game where you're trying to follow clues in the deep web to watch a livestreamed murder

what movie?

Looks like some fag licking a lab mouse
I'd post of the webm of the girl with cat makeup swallowing a mouse whole but mods might ban me, lel

are you memeing? how could you possibly get off to sax?

did she died

How could you find those creepy, even if they are made from humans. I just chased them with the blackjack because they made a satisfying noise when you hit them in the head.

No?

It's bretty gud actually

Isn't that the "you're not perfect" guy from Courage?

what is, 2 scared 2 open

No, she had to go to the hospital though, rat chewed through her stomach.

I went through this area again on the new CoC 1.4 mod for Call of Pripyat.

And you-know-who is at the end again, except the AI is retarded.

guy approaches an open door to a dark room
inside a dog is fucking a pillow

This is one of the only unerving pics that actually gets to me.

A dog humping a pillow

It's the stress induced from constantly being chased and watched.

Didn't happen, faggot.

You're making that up.

That's not a servant
>Read New Scripture of the Mastet Builder
>Fucker appears OUT OF NOWHERE
>invincible

I don't know what is more pathetic - that guy that can't watch a SOUNDLESS webm or you spoonfeeding him.

Really sad.

Honestly this did creep me out.

But god damn does the Final part really make you feel like you can defeat this asshole if you try.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAA

cry me a river fagolioni

some people don't like to be spooked you double nigger

At first I kinda jumped, then just facepalmed at how retarded it was.

meant for:

>.gif

ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT

Which one is you? The one that can't open a webm?

That's pretty sad, man. How do you live with yourself? I mean, can you even call yourself a man?

mama

I'm a girl actually

If you're going to troll at least try and put some effort in it.

Oh, that's not a problem. Just realize that 1) It has no sound so it won't hurt your ears 2) it's just an image so logically it won't do anything to you.

There you go. Now you can open it like a normal person instead of being a pansy.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

are you 12?

Not trolling. Legitimately can't understand how some people can't open a freaking SOUNDLESS webm image or play a game that can't hurt you.

The only excuse would be if they were a girl. Which it looks like is after all.

I want to pet azuzu!

SOMA has me pretty spooked I guess.

Although the first enemy was so silly looking I was laughing more than I was scared.

SCP Containment Breach actually horrifies me and I can't play it longer than 15 minutes.

>being scared of sonic the hedgehog

Are you 5 years old?

That can't be, No that's impossible. Girls don't exist on the internet!, STOP FUCKING WITH ME HERE user.

Not the user who posted it, but you are right. It's only supposed the be a little jump the first time you encounter one in Angel Watch, because it literally spans out of nowhere right beside you after reading Karras's journal.

Wouldn't you be angry if they killed one of your kind?

The ghost from Spelunker. When I wasn't dying from 1 inch falls, that nigger appeared to destroy the little progress I had. Fuck that motherfucker.

Also, the mansion in Vampire: The Masquerade got me good. And Monster Ock from Spiderman 1. And the nazi ship in Uncharted.

Does anyone remember the name of that when guru flash game with dem screams?

Bakc to Reddit

>the water flashes red and blue (and maybe white, rip epileptics)
In Mednafen it just flickers, is that accurate?

>The ghost from Spelunker.
Fuck that ghost so hard. Fuck how it slowed down the music when it showed up.
Spooked me so hard, I played a modded version of the original Spelunky without the fucking thing.

>pda beeps with some signals
>lol military, gonna gank these breekis
>ROAR
>not-the-military barreling at you out of the darkness
>you only have your sawed off out
fucking scared the shit out of me

Which part was this? I don't remember a lot of those turn around scares in Bioshock, although Infinite had quite a few.

wat game

It doesn't get a bonus to detecting where you are, this guy is bullshitting you.

The more time you spend in an area, the tighter the Xenos patrol pattern will be, until eventually he'll investigate under tables/lockers. The trick to this game is to get into an area, and skedaddle the fuck out of there as fast as possible, pausing only when you know it's patrolling further behind you.

Just some part in the medical pavilion, shortly after you pick up the shotgun. You entire some dentist's office, there's a dentist chair on the left and a table with some pickup to the right.
Pick shit up, turn around, and suddenly there's a splicer just staring at you for a second before attacking.

I've mentioned before that this guy legitimately gave me nightmares. The weird part is that I didn't start to have them until long after beating him.

Made clearing Boss mode really difficult, though.

This is going to sound like a stupid thing to say, but while no horror game has actually scared me in a long time, the fucking Oni warning from Yo-kai Watch did.

Like, I seriously didn't expect that shit at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=mAHA36OmdBE

Bio lizard was worse.

This game was pretty spoopy

Fatal frame 1 and haunting ground almost made me shit myself

highly paid game developer here

ao oni sucks

fag

It's ok but Witch's House is imo best horror rpgmaker

>horror
I guess, fucked up ending though

That scene in the first RE where that monster drops from the ceiling in the labyrinth-Library.

Assuming that's using a projector, or do they actually make TV's that big?

>tfw a huge pussy, to the point where fucking sound effects can make me stop playing a game entirely
>jumpscares are fine though
Still haven't played Sir, You Are Being Hunted just because of that weird vrrring noise.

>Witch's House
that's not horror, that's soul rape

>mfw he appears in your party window

That actually spooked me.

>when you get locked in the bathroom and realize it's you trying to open the door from the other side
Wow. I never even thought that was the case. Nice theory.

I was so turned on by her that she couldn't scare me.

Is that unskippable?

Nigga, I swear I felt PTSD when I saw the fucking ghost was also in the Spelunker remake.
I later found there's an strategy to lure him into gems to make them diamonds and learning it made me feel less scared of that fucker.

No. You don't have to pick up that tonic. It's optional.

Some obscure Indiana Jones game.
There was this part with a giant white alligator that literally made me shat myself as a little kid.
Then in batman arkham city, the shark that jumped out of the water scared me so bad I started crying.
I don't like water.

Man you just reminded me of the crawler

Only one.

The first day I played Dead By Daylight had me on edge.

This fucking game! What were they thinking disguising this as a cute dolphin game?

Scratches.

When you first see something move in the basement.

I almost had a heart attack.

Fatal Frame scared the hell out of me as a teenager.

Mmmm

I'm playing The Nameless Game right now. It's kinda spooky. Really good sound design for a DS game.

Nothing in media has ever scared me as much as Jacob's Ladder though. That fucking movie.

Source on that image senpai

So I just bought this on Amazon. Is it spooky?

it's a guro doujin user, you're not gonna like it

I had no idea this was coming, and it freaked me the fuck out. Felt amazing to beat it after dying so many times

>every time a door pops up, put the controller down and rest for a tad bit or look at something else
>start putting it away from me even if I don't need to do anything else
>OH SHIT

SCP is fucking terrifying. no shame bro

I bought scratches on steam before they took it off the store. Is it actually good?

it was pretty fun if i remember. It's as spooky as you can get on a ds. I never did finish the squeal.

I think there's an easter egg where if you snap a picture of him with the camera, he makes a kissy face. Maybe that'll kill all tension you have of seeing him.

Can someone explain the whole Ai Onai or whatever it's called to me? Too much of a pussy to watch or play but the desire to understand is killing me

I'm sure people hate on this game now thanks to it's immense popularity and becoming the first horror youtuber bait trendsetter, but Amnesia actually terrified me so badly i ended up having night terrors

Silent Hill 2 did as well at certain areas like the hospital

I wish there were more puzzle games like Irisu Syndrome that seemed very simple but have very dark backstories.

>odd noise i have never heard before in my room, kind of like a beep or squeak while browsing thread

OH GOD Cred Forums IT'S ONE OF THOSE FUCKING NIGHTS AGAIN JESUS CHRIST PLEASE HELP ME IM HORRIFIED

Just watch a let's play, then. It's pretty low-tier horror. Kinda sucks ass.
I recommend HarshlyCritical since he doesn't meme scream when it comes to horror games.

Its ok user I'm here.

Fuck off with your lets play cancer you fucking faggot.

fuck man, I have nights where I swear it sounds like someone is trying to crawl through the window in the room next to me.

Played dead space while on acid once, never will I make that mistake again

>You built nothing
>You are nothing
>So shut up.
kek

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=JjHh7a9P-YU

Anything with sharks. Going out in the water in GTA 5, Subnautica when it's dark or really deep, even having to hunt sharks in Far Cry 3. Cannot deal.

I have nightmares about sharks.

It's scarier that time when he appeared inside the save area.

>hear scratching on my window behind my bed all night
>figure it's just a bug
>open the shades next morning
>there is a SHITLOAD of scratches all over my window
I don't know what the think

son of a bitch, source?

Her mom dies and that girl thinks she can fix her so she tries opening her up or something like that

Parasite eve 2 had one or two spooks.

Pretty much this, there's also that weirdness that scares some people but looks funny to others. alot like these
youtube.com/watch?v=_ue714d1V6I (look at the human faces)
youtube.com/watch?v=8vBWmV5sjMA

>What is a cat/racoon/serial killer

WELCOME TO THE MACHINE MOTHERFUCKER

what's this from?

Irisu Syndrome.

Can anyone recommend me a spooky game? I dont get scared easily so preferably something with really fucked up shit.

Pathologic nigga

psychological horror

Witch's House. Not a very scary game, but it has one of the most fucked up true endings I've seen in a game.

does anyone have the comic with the sun in it?
I remember the necro saying "get out of here stalker"

or any other Dead Space comics for that matter

I'm a little bitch-ass coward but thinking back I'm surprised I've managed to complete so many scary games. Amensia, Alien Isolation, Dead Space 1-2, Penumbra, Spooky's House of Jumpscares, etc.

I think the only game I've ever stopped and said "Fuck this" on is the Shalebridge Cradle in Thief. I managed to get to the inner cradle but once those doll things started coming towards me I alt+f4'd and never looked back.

Funny. So did I

Didn't scare me at all. I just followed the white line because I was too spaced out to figure out anything.

Kidna killed the game for me.

SCP Containment Breach

nvm, i found it
others would still be appreciated