Dragon Age: Origins

Help me Cred Forums.

First time playing Dragon Age:Origins, which class is the funnier class?

Dwarf Noble is best origin
Commoner Elf is second-best if you like being a dindu
Mage origin is also pretty chill but feels pretty forced

funnier?
i guess mage because of the friendly fire and different magics
maybe rouge

What about a Dwarf Rogue? is viable as a main?

Play human noble or whatever it is called, you'll get to fuck a hot grill.

Mage is an absolute rape machine in this game and massively better than everything else by a huge margin

That said I play two handed warrior human noble

Your class does affect your background and shit a lot so take that into consideration

Human Noble > Dwarf Noble

Dual wielding dagger dickass assassin is pretty fun.
You are squishy as fuck at the beginning but become an unstoppable crit rape machine by midgame.
The screen just keeps shaking while you keep shanking.

Mage, get that one spell that makes enemies explode and try to spec your tank to survive the friendly fire.

Nice cropping faggot

Best class or most broken is blood mage/archane warrior.
Best origin is dwarf noble.....and it's not even close close.

I honestly see no reason to take anything other than a mage. They are both fun and get more story option from a RP standpoint compared to warriors and Rogues.

Blood Mage is objectively the best way to play the game.

Human Noble is bollocks. Literally just throwing in the most generic D&D cliches and praying they can make it work by lampooning them.

Mage, or if you can't be bothered being a caster, Rogue. Mage is a pretty mediocre Origin, though.

>Dwarf Noble is best origin
Objectively incorrect. Female City Elf > Male Dalish Elf > the rest, with Dwarf Noble in the middle somewhere

>Mage is an absolute rape machine in this game and massively better than everything else by a huge margin
It's really only that much better than warriors, Rogues are still pretty fun
>Two-handed
How do you have the patience? I played two-handed my first run, but ever since I got used to Mages and Rogues I feel way too slow and inaccurate as a two-handed Warrior

My big issue with mage is that the game is constantly talking about blood magic and how bad it is and shit but you can be a blood mage and everyone is totally okay with it and it's never mentioned

If you have shit taste.

Dwarf noble is by far the better written story. Human noble is the typical generic normie choice. Literally nothing special about it. Best origins from best to worst

Dwarf noble
City elf (female)
Dwarf commoner
Human noble
Circle of magi
Dalish elf

>City Elf (Female)
>All that dialogue implying she and her friends were all raped
Never expected a Bioware game to fuel my fetish.

I like human noble because it gives you extra ending choices and it gives the wardens of the game a knightly looking aesthetic since all of the significant ones are basically human warriors

Ok guys, i'll go as a Noble Dwarf Rogue. Wish me luck.

Sorry I meant human noble male warrior.

I played Dual Wield warrior.

It's not a very strong class, but it felt fucking cool.

Don't ever reply to me again

dwarf noble for 3some

>its a "elves are shit for no reason episode"

Dalish elf is good. Especially when Tamlen comes back.

DW Human Warrior Warden
Sword and Board Alistair
Offensive Morrigan with a few heals and buffs
Bow Leliana

the skeleton class

Well not really, one of your party members leaves if you become a blood mage..Wynee I think her name is?

>"elves are shit for no reason episode"

That's because in every other goddamn fantasy setting they get buffed to high heaven and back. At least Dragon Age and Witcher exposed them for the knife-eared fags they are.

>Mage is an absolute rape machine in this game and massively better than everything else by a huge margin

Only if you're new to the game. A competent player could make a Rogue archer immune to attacks by Lothering, for example.

>I honestly see no reason to take anything other than a mage.
Wynne and Morrigan are already great, desu, and it allows you to just give Best Witch all your arcane tomes and turn her into an absolute monster by mastering the entire Elemental tree so she can cast Storm of the Century herself. A custom Mage can be really fun, but it's not /that/ definitive.

Wardens are legally allowed the use of blood magic, and presumably everyone just assumes your party is too; and the game does make the point that while dangerous and often foolish, the use of blood magic (at least as a power source) isn't inherently evil - it's more to do with the unsavoury side of things - using it to influence and control people - the fact that it seemingly has to be learned from demons or someone who already practises it, and the fact that it's usually used as the last resort of desperate mages who no longer care about collateral damage.
The second game is a lot more explicit about this, in Merrill's Friendship arc.

>>All that dialogue implying she and her friends were all raped
Is that optional dialogue? The only one I recall from my many, many playthroughs was Shianni definitely getting raped, and maybe that other random elf they drag off.

I mean look at this fitting dialogue.

>funnier

Roll a comedian, faggot.

Only if she's there when you unlock the class, you can have her with you and be doing blood magic in the middle of the street and no one cares, and you get no special dialogue choices

>"What are you implying?"

Human Noble is the only route that can end with you being King of Ferelden though.

Really? That's not the case it is, I thought she comes up to you in your base camp and leaves no matter what? Or am I getting confused with Lelianna and the urn thing?

>buffed to high heaven
in what? everything i've seen them in, they've been fine.

You might be right, I don't remember that clearly

You guys are confusing it with that Goblet, that if you taint it with ashes, Leliana and Wynee leave if they are in the party.

Pretty sure Human Noble is the best Origin because its the only one that lets you become a monarch, on the surface the only place that matters.

I rolled a blood mage in my first playthrough and always had Wynne with me.

Nope. I played blood mage and had her as my healer for the rest of the game. Unlocking blood magic loses her and I think two other people, but after unlocking it, you can reload the save and have blood magic unlocked for that and all subsequent playthroughs.

Human Noble makes sense for the Awakening DLC too, since you get back the place your family was owner of, also the son of Howe is in it.

and it takes "Hardening" Alistair to a whole new level

>not playing human noble

Dalish elf origin was shit...sorry.
>go hunting
>find mirror in cave
>fag disappears
>you are now a grey warden

It was just forgettable. How can anyone argue it wasn't? Meanwhile I said city elf was pretty good.

>wanting to marry that cunt Anora

Nope.

Human Noble just seems to be the most integrated into the main plot. Every origin has a personal story that gets brought up at some point along the main campaign, but the Human's personal story is directly related to all the political unrest in Denerim, and you even get a personal villain to take down in Howe which also serves to give you more motivation to stop Loghain.

Best story route is a female human noble who becomes Queen and rules alongside Alistair

you can oversimplify anything like that.

>Dwarven noble
>go to party
>brothers a dick
>gonna go to war
>brother died in a warzone
>woops my fault now
>grey warden

riveting.

Guys, I choose a Noble Dwarf Rogue, how fun is gonna be this shit?

>Humans were the most focused on race in a Bioware game

You don't say?........

>Circle of Magi
>Asshole friend tries to involve you in his escape
>report him
>Grey Warden

Killing Anora and ruling with Alistair is the best ending, yes.

yeh that's the worst part about the origin, depending on how you play there's possibly no real reason for you to get recruited

if you play it don't rat your friend out, it'll make the story better

>tfw playing Dwarf Commoner and being a total dick to everyone
Great feeling.

If only you smugly could tell Loghain before he dies that you'll be fucking his daughteru before killing him.

>Be oppressed Elf
>Have wedding
>asshole shows up
>Leaves
>Comes back
>Kidnap women
>Kill asshole or become asshole
>grey warden

>warzone
>party
>Dickass brother

Sounds fun to me.

wish there were more interactions based on your origin
outside of predefined areas there tend to not be that many, unless you could automatically passing your intimidate checks by mentioning you're a mage

>Human noble
>your family friend comes to spend the night
>he's not our friend and kills your family
>grey warden

Mage AW/BM combo was so incredibly OP.

Thing is, I never even liked the fucker. My default stance was to turn him in because I had no idea why this sniveling little cunt kept hanging around me and trying to involve me in shit that'd get yo ass tranquil.

Damn right I turned him in. I'm still pissed the game didn't have an alternate, "well you stayed in the tower and then SLOTH DEMON and then Alistair comes to to the tower looking for lyrium and mages to help at Redcliffe. He saves the day at the tower, maybe with your help, and you help out all the same. Maybe you aren't a gray warden and you can't sacrifice yourself to the demon at the end, maybe you even catch some Dark Spawn blood in the eye, but that's just a result of your choices.

Very little about the game even changes if you're recruited to help later. Not being a Grey Warden but still helping them out is obviously a perfectly valid choice, just look at the party you end up with.

So little about the game's make up changes if you could be recruited after the sloth demon incident, the resource investment would have been paltry compared to some other choices.

>Human noble
>Your dog is an asshole
>Your family's friend comes to spend the night
>Suprise your entire family is dead
>Grey Warden
Forgot the most important part

The Dalish Origin seems like the least connected to the story, and with the least amount of specific content.

Not to mention it'd be interesting to have a choice like that where you're not in charge. Alistair having to lead and you following orders in that situation would be a nice change of pace. You have plenty of play through where you end up in charge, why not one where Alistair is forced to step up on his own?

dragon age inquisition y/n

they could have played up the whole templar vs mage conflict a bit more in the origin and perhaps set you up as a protegè of the high enchanter which several templars did not enjoy. So they jump on the smallest chance of getting you tranquil'd even if you were acting under direct orders from boss mage himself.

That's sort of what happens already but they could have played it up better.

Why would you roll a rogue if you are going to get Leliana?

I played a casteless Dwarf. It's a pretty meh origin in terms of opening section, but I really like the flavor it adds for the Orzimar section later on. Dwarf Noble is my favourite opening section, by the way.

If you're playing female, though, don't play dwarf, they're hideous abominations.

do you like playing mmo's but hate the fact there's other people ruining the experience?

if yes then the game's for you

You don't even need to be recruited as a Grey Warden to be at Ostagar, well for most Origins

>Human Noble
You left with Fergus
>Mage
You're one of the Mages who came with Wynne
>Human Barbarian & Human Commoner
Why wasn't this Origin included?

Human Commoner was one of the planned origins, you being a farmer from Redcliffe, but i don't remember why it got cut.

I'm probably in the minority, but despite its many countless flaws, I actually like DA2 better than DAI.

People try and pass off its combat systme as being better, but it has to be one of the qeakest and over simplified action combat systems I've even seen. Try actually aiming your MAge's staff attacks in DAI, for instance, and their attacks still go straight ahead instead of where you aim. It's fucking idiotic.

It's basically tab target MMO shit where your reticle hovering over an enemy selects them to attack toward, but they have to be on a semi-similar plain to you. It's like they tried to make an MMO and then said fuck it and made it single player but still kept tons of MMO bullshit in there for no fucking reason.

No doubt, I'd have been for that.

In general, It felt weird how many people that were supposed to be terrified of or hated mages were just blind to the obvious mage and their obvious mage staff. Made me want some sort of disguise mechanic. They built up the bias against mages and then failed to use it in nearly every situation.

It's like . . . imagine if Troika had made VtMB Malkavian, but only gave them one or two unique dialogues instead of having EVERY SINGLE dialogue being unique to the Malkavian. That's what being a Mage n DAO is like. In most encounters, the game does not recognize you as a mage. You're a noble warrior by default in nearly every situation, even if you're a mage.

Yeah, and so was Human Barbarian. Commoner, according to the wiki was cut because it didn't fit the atmosphere of the game, or something to that effect.

Time/Money, the usual, probably.

It was considered too generic. I wouldn't have minded the Avvar barbarian origin they cut early on.

>Dalish elf is good. Especially when Tamlen comes back.
This. Really good for romancing Morrigan, also.
Knife ears are best ears.

>At least Dragon Age and Witcher exposed them for the knife-eared fags they are.
Remove shems.

>Human Noble is the only route that can end with you being King of Ferelden though.
PRINCE CONSORT

>Elf Mage
>Literally role playing a Double Nigger

and yet it works because you have both the capacity and authority to transmute someone's insides to outsides

>Dwarf Noble
>Literally role-playing a double Jew

>>>report him
HUEHUEHUEHUE

>not becoming King consort of Ferelden
>not becoming Commander of the Ferelden Grey Wardens
>not becoming Arl of Ameranthine
>not becoming Teyrn of Gwaren
>not fucking Morrigan when ever you want and having Queen Anora as your side bitch

ya'll fucked up.

>I actually like DA2 better than DAI.
same

>You will never be a barbarian girl
Why even live?

you are only proving my point

>mfw genocing the elves with the werewolves

The only good Bioware game.

You're not a King though, you're a Prince consort and you have very little actual authority in that position. Commander of the Grey and Arl of Amaranthine are titles you get regardless of your Origin and who you romanced.

>Fucking literal hellspawn
Alistair disapproves -20

>The Dalish Origin seems like the least connected to the story, and with the least amount of specific content.
It is (even if I think some of the other origins' content is worthless, like the Dwarf Commoner or the Mage) but even though the Origin itself isn't the best, what content/dialogues you have are top-notch.
>Elves actually welcoming you
>Being best friends with Velanna in Awakening over mutual hatred of shems
>Ariane in Witch Hunt idolizing you
Not to mention the dialogues with Morrigan, which are ridiculously important/informative from a lore perspective for something that's a race-specific dialogue. Notably, the one where she tells you about shapeshifting and how you can say that Dalish Keepers have similar magic, and you should be able to spot Flemeth's connection to Mythal coming really early.

>I'm probably in the minority, but despite its many countless flaws, I actually like DA2 better than DAI.
Same here. I really liked what it tried to do in shifting the focus, for better or ill, and combat was actually fun at least as a dual-wield rogue.

>make dwarf commoner warrior as player character
>tell mage cunt to fuck off for being a cunt
>missed french slut in first town
>told old mage cunt to fuck off for being an old cunt
>killed gay rogue
>all I have left for my party is fighters and a dog
this ended up being one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

>You're not a King though
that's the best part. you got all the admiration and love with none of the responsibility.

you may not actually be the King, but being the Hero of Ferelden and married to the queen, who the hell is gonna stop you from calling yourself King? Anora? the bitch who's only Queen because you allowed her to be Queen?

also
>Commander of the Grey and Arl of Amaranthine are titles you get regardless of your Origin and who you romanced.
but not Teyrn of Gwaren

Dalish archer.

The verbal goddamn smackdown you can give Leliana in camp about Elven slaves in Orlais is reason enough to give it a go. It's humiliatingly brutal.

i did the same in my very first playthrough, all I had was the Dog, leliana, Morrigan and Alistair. i restarted once i realized how much i missed.

>Prince Consort

That's just bullshit she makes up in the desperate hope you don't realize that you were next in line to be King anyhow.

If Alistair doesn't take the throne, then the line of Theirin ends and they have to select a new King from the Teyrns. It doesn't automatically go to Anora, she just acts as Regent until the Arls and Banns select a new King from the Teyrns.

But there are only two Teyrn houses at any given time, the Teyrn of Highever (Couslands) and the Teyrn of Gwaren (Mac Tirs). Given the Mac Tirs are even more at fault than the Howes, and they're not even nobles to begin with, there's only the Couslands to pick a new king from.

>not liking Morrigan
What atrociously philistine taste.

>this ended up being one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.
At least it was all your own fault, user!

Top Lel didn't mean anything by it, she was just trying to be friendly.
If anything I didn't like how all the options ended up with either 'you should see me as my own person, not as an alluring elf stereotype' or 'fuck yourself, shem' instead of a more nuanced alternative.

Female or Male Dalish? I'm always iffy about Male Elves since they're manlets

I still blame the game. you can't make a class basically mandatory but then have both npc options be obnoxious cunts.

>Be the last of the Couslands
>Qt witch gf
>Think you're going to inherit your entire Teyrnir after placing your best bro on the throne
>Might get Gwaren too, finally consolidate all power where it rightfully belongs (in your line)
>Brother shows up out of fucking nowhere

>Female or Male Dalish? I'm always iffy about Male Elves since they're manlets
All Dalish get the option, I personally prefer male because of the extra subtext when you romance Morrigan - you're not /that/ much of a elflet, since you're still the same height as Morrigan. Plus, I always play a rogue, so.
If I want to play a qt elf myself, I just go female City Elf

still got Gwaren, that means the Cousland's rule over the 2 "Tyrnier's"(is that right?) of Ferelden.

I haven't finished a City Elf or Casteless Dwarf playthrough

>tfw there will never be kotor 3 with DA:O top down camera

>Top Lel didn't mean anything by it, she was just trying to be friendly.
>The verbal goddamn smackdown you can give Leliana in camp about Elven slaves in Orlais is reason enough to give it a go. It's humiliatingly brutal.
What does it say?

Ignore the memers, the Elf classes are not only superior, but Dalish Elf is canon

you can do the same as a city elf though, it even makes more sense

here, is it the dialogue where they talk about elf serf in Orlais?

All the origins happen, it's just that Duncan appears in the one you're playing.

Bioware has a canon worldstate for their books

>books
>reading their gay ass books.

Dalish Female is "canon" because its the default world state for DA2 and DAI, she died killing the Archdemon.

>get told
>whine

I thought you picked from 3 premade ones at the start of DA2.

>she died killing the Archdemon
aka the women and fags ending

You can still have Morrigan do the ritual if you're playing a female character.

Uninstall Wizard

who /evilpartybecausetheydidenoughnmorieplaythroughs/ here?

>MC Blood Mage/Spirit Healer
>Morrigan Spirit Healer/Shitshifter
>Zevran Assassin/Duelist
>Shale

then their is literally no reason to have died killing the archdemon. it's the shittiest ending.

i'd have Sten instead of Shale. at least for the deep roads, cause Shale chimps out if you chose to make more Golems.

hate that I have to disable the dlc to make this game not retardededly unbalanced

best way to play is to use the mod to have infinite complex tactics and just watch your guys do everything base on your rules

>Dragon Age used to let you pick your race
>Bioware used to try

they let you pick a race in DA:I

Inquisition bring race selection back, but only the shitty option

Because you're playing a character with a sense of right and wrong, and what Morrigan proposes is over the line? Maybe your Warden doesn't want a life of constant warfare with darkspawn, before succumbing to the taint. Or as the player you want an ending where everyone doesn't get a happy ending, no causalities?

Was DA:O or ME2 BioWare's last good game?

actually iirc you can select different pre-established world states, so i don't think that specific one is canon.

ME2

>Dalish female is canon
>Not the clearly superior male Dalish for that perfect Morrigan romance
Why, Bioware?

>is it the dialogue where they talk about elf serf in Orlais?
Yeah.

Zevran is inferior to hardened Top Lel (especially if you're a girl), and I absolutely can't stand Shale.

I need to leave this thread before I start another DAO save I know I'll leave half finished because I quit before going into the Fade

>not using the skip the fade mod

Just download that mod that lets you skip it. Alternatively,
>he hasn't already memorized the most efficient path
Fifty minutes tops, desu. Just gotta put up with those unskippable cutscenes.

Guys, what the fuck are this Origins you are talking about? I don't understand nothing

Got to collect those free stat gains though

Mod gives you the stats

That's pretty dumb reasoning, but more power to you. The power of choice and consequence.

>Guys, what the fuck are this Origins you are talking about? I don't understand nothing
Every background (Dalish Elf, City Elf, Human Noble, Elf /or/ Human Mage, Dwarf Noble and Dwarf Commoner) plays through their own unique storyline for the prologue of the game, with some slight differences for player gender; it's the 'Origins' the title refers to.

>Wardens are legally allowed the use of blood magic

No they aren't, nobody is.

It's just that there aren't Templars around to babysit the Wardens and they either die or succumb to the Taint before blood magic use becomes a real problem.

Blood magic *always* corrupts the user. That's why it's forbidden. The only question is whether something stops them before they get sucked in or not.

Dwarf Noble > Dwarf Commoner > Circle > City Elf > Human Noble > Dalish Elf

City Elf is good but most people only love it because of muh rape.

Is it just me, or is the improved atmosphere buggy as all hell?

>No they aren't, nobody is.
>It's just that there aren't Templars around to babysit the Wardens and they either die or succumb to the Taint before blood magic use becomes a real problem.
While the specific legalities are never addressed, it's made clear that both a) the Grey Wardens are allowed any means necessary to combat the Blight and b) in doing so, they are meant to be accountable to neither the Chantry and Templars or (at least ostensibly) national governments; so you can infer that they at least assume that they are allowed it. You can ask Duncan about it during the Mage origin, and he'll tell you that Wardens can and will use blood magic if necessary.
>Blood magic *always* corrupts the user. That's why it's forbidden. The only question is whether something stops them before they get sucked in or not.
Debatable. Blood Magic is banned because of its prevailing misuse and the original Chantry's overwhelmingly-negative attitude towards such and magic in general, considering they were opposing the Tevinter Imperium with its widespread misuse of blood magic; combined with the fact that it can seemingly only be learned from an existing blood mage, a blood mage's teachings, or by dealing with a demon and the potential misuse of it in controlling people etc.
It's never made clear whether blood magic itself /always/ corrupts the user, and if anything the games seem to imply that it doesn't - at least, the use of blood as a power source for magic, similar to lyrium. It's the entire point of Merrill's Friendship character arc (as opposed to her Rivalry one) - both the Warden and Hawke can go the entire game as Blood Mages and still be morally upstanding people. After all, what's wrong with using your own blood or a willing participant? It's just energy.

Why does Dual Wield Warrior seem so much weaker than Rogue?

>want to replay DA:O
>remember how awful the rest of the series is
>can't bring myself to do it
does anybody else ever feel like this or am I just autistic

Because Dual Wielding is a Rogue thing in this game.

Whats so special about the City Elf Origin?

Because Rogue gets mad powerful by making up for lower base damage with stacking crit chance, extra crit damage, and backstab damage; all of which the Warrior trades in for threat management (pointless) and anti-magic abilities (also pretty much pointless for a Dual-wielder, at least compared to what a Rogue gets access too with Assassin, Bard and Duelist)

>does anybody else ever feel like this
No, since I actually like playing through II and to a lesser extent Inquisiton.
Can't you just replay Origins and imagine your Warden & waifu having a happy ending?

Probably the best Origin plotwise, it has a bunch of great moments, especially if you're a female, you're an elf with almost all of the extra dialogue without having that weirdness of being Dalish, it has great characters, the homecoming (both at the Landsmeet and during the Battle of Denerim) is really good for a City Elf compared to any other origin, and it gives you the second-best dagger in the game.

You get rape as a female. That's the main reason thing. That said it's still one of the better origins. Just not as good as Dwarf Noble.

I've played through the Origin itself multiple times, it never really grabbed me as anything special.

>You get rape as a female. That's the main reason thing.
What is this meme? No you don't. At least, maybe not unless you select specific dialogue choices to indicate it (can you?)

>it never really grabbed me as anything special.
To each his own, according to his taste, user. It's personally my favourite (I like my Warden just being a girl who's really, really good with a dagger, instead of some trained warrior or overpowered mage) and I personally can't stand the Dwarf origins.

>romancing Alistair

>romancing anyone other than Top Lel or Morrigan
Alistair and Zev are both pretty poor love interests, desu

Healer, because Wynne was a shit character and you don't want a slot taken up by her just because you need a healer on higher difficulties.

Unless you gimp Morrigan and try to turn her into a healer.

>Unless you gimp Morrigan and try to turn her into a healer.
It shouldn't be that hard to turn her into a healer. She doesn't gain that much from AW or Blood Mage unless you're specifically building her as one, so can't you just give her Heal and the Spirit Healer tree and go nuts? Especially if you're giving her all the Arcane Tomes.
Granted, it's been a long time since I played on Nightmare.

Well you can turn her into a full healer if you use a respec mod, which lets you ditch Shapeshifter etc.

I'm getting the itch to play a bloodthirsty, edgy character. Which Origin suits this best?

Mage with Blood Mage spec. nothing edgier than a blood mage

Jimmy cropped corn, but I don't care.

Nah I'm looking to stab people with shit, but not blood.

Dalish Elf
Purge the shems

elves literally come from lotr where they are all immortal 6ft6 beautiful lvl 20 epic rangers. welcome to the century friendo

Leliana is great. But I'm really upset by how much they fucked up her DLC. The story she tells you in the main game and what happens in the DLC is completely different.

Cynical Female City Elf is best warden.
Rogue is the most fun.
Top Lel best girl.
Sten bro-tier.
Remember to get mods but play the fade in your first run.
Loghain did nothing wrong, but Alistair is the best choice for Ferelden.