Xenoblade X

If you're roosing your way you'll need some protecshon

Just popping in

Anyone got that one image of Elma where she's saying that with a condom in her mouth?

I need it

Hello?

The music for the city in this game is infuriating to listen to.

Biggest disappointment of 2015 : the game.

>"It will be the perfect game, far better than XBC" - Takahashi 2014

Linlee! Linlee! What is Linlee making?

Eh, I kinda like the day one. Feels very modern, if that makes sense. Like I'm actually in a new LA

The night theme can fuck right off tho

(You)

How hard was it to actually write a story and hire Sakuraba for the music ?
They ignored 2 of the biggest things a RPG has to have.

Oh, am I ready to enjoy anot amazing thread full of actually discussing the game like rational human beings.
Right?
For fuck sake, people.

I remember when they said they would all die instantly if the Lifehold Core was destroyed, I thought to myself "wouldn't it be funny if the Lifehold Core was destroyed but we survived through some anime bullshit like the power of human determination"
I fucking hate XCX's plot so much

What you guys want in the sequel?

>Real time weather, like for real this time
>Take the temperature system from BotW, where you need to stay in your Skell for cold climates, or wrap up warm
>More real time elements to the battle system, like maybe tie "auto-attacks" to X and let you hammer away in real time

Muh nigga. Thank you.

What's funny is Takahashi himself admitted to have overlooked the story, and yet teenagers here still defend it !

what?

I just want all the stupid shit fixed. It could have been perfect, but there was so much stupid shit.

Other than NLA's music, the rest of the tracks range from good to god tier.
Dunno what the fuck happened with the plot though, that shit was all over the damn place.

I think it's a given that due to the number of Monolith Soft staff working on Zelda and that game being on NX, that some systems (parts of the physics system maybe?) will show up in the next Xenoblade

Yes

Less grinding.
Less grinding.
Remove the stupid quick time event, or at least move it to a button that isn't the exact button used to halt combat.

rite now dont forevaaa revoooo i cant say you thankiiiiin

What's the best fucking way to grind tickets? Or is it just the hunting shit? I can't be arsed to fight telethia plume for 7 minutes straight to only get like 300-500 tickets [which is me killing it like 50 times during that span].

DUDE, POTATO COOK TURNIP

Elma was the best. Get a sort of brown/orange indian looking girl, only to get an even hotter blue alien later. I let her go blue, then replaced the brown with Alexa.

DUDE, SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PLANET

I want party member AI that isn't complete fucking garbage.
Seriously these guys won't ever take advantage of positional bonuses or combos or anything like that.
If the fucking party members are completely useless outside of grunt battles then they shouldn't even bother messing with them and just make it a solo game like Elder Scrolls or The Witcher or something.

>Remove the stupid quick time event, or at least move it to a button that isn't the exact button used to halt combat
Yeah this fucked me up once or twice.

I feel like they just didn't have enough buttons or something.

>Less grinding
For fucking what?
Resources?
Nigga, you can beat this game just by doing the side quests and playing through normally.
Stop this shitty meme

Unfortunately, the Nemesis bosses are the quickest way to get tickets.
I feel sorry for you if you haven't got a level 60 skell or an Ares yet.

Oh look, some fag who hasn't touched any of the post game content.
Go away.

I've never seen anyone defend the plot.

I liked the game a lot but holy shit that plot is undefendable.

IT's sad because it could've been almost perfect.

Are Nemesis bosses still popping up?

I used to grind tickets just doing squad missions inbetween, surprisingly sufficient if you get the right RNG

I assume he's talking about the endgame tyrants, and those do require many hours of grinding for augments, and one-shotting Feliciano the All-Seeing to get good weapons and armor.

Oh, so you mean that.
>Grinding for the Memres 60
There's no one to blame but yourself.
There's literally no reason for getting this thing whatsoever.

For what it is, I enjoy the plot. The pacing, however, can fuck right off. I didn't like how when I picked up a story mission I found myself immediately going from Zero to 60mph immediately because the story required it. Really messed with the tone when you do a bunch of side missions, then have to do a mission and save some little aliens before finding out you're a robutt

>>Grinding for the Memres 60
What? There's an Ares 70 and an Ares 90, what are you talking about retard?
If you want to beat the endgame tryants you need a level 60 skell or an Ares.

I think the Sphinx in the Beast's lair in Primordia works just as well, and you don't have to deal with that pesky spike damage.

>There's literally no reason for getting this thing whatsoever.

If you want to cheese the end bosses, you're going to need an Ares 90 and a few null reflect augments. If you do that, you can probably beat the endgame after 5 hours of solid grinding

But it's literally no fun, I gave up on trying to get one and put a bunch of stuff in to my ground build instead

The setting was actually good. But ALL THOSE LOOSE FUCKING ENDS.

It had potential, it was good, but it's the equivalent of presenting your thesis' final draft only halfway done.

I want some way to save sets of gear for easy swapping, and a better system for buying and selling gear. Shit is way too slow-paced for the amount of vendor trash you accrue.

Also, either less indistinguishable enemy varieties or some way to tell them apart more. X not only had ten or so different enemies all share the exact same skin but would often put them near each other.

Lastly, fewer giant killer level 80 enemies roaming wide swaths of land as you explore in the early game. One or two gets your point across -- five or more just annoys me.

>ALL THOSE LOOSE FUCKING ENDS

Sequel maybe?

I just want them to focus a little more on the story and fix the little bullshit details in the game, maybe make augments less of a bitch to obtain and simplify all the fucking material grind. I thought overall the game was already really solid though and the combat can be fantastic if you put enough effort into it. Given they've fixed a lot of the issues I had with Xenoblade's gameplay, I'm confident the next Xeno will be fantastic either way. Great sidequests along with a more focused and better paced story, better gameplay and top tier exploration will make up something truly fantastic.

They already pretty much confiremed there won't be one.

It has been discussed to hell and back, where have you been?

>Xeno series.
>Tying up loose ends.

I'll agree the game was a little disappointing, but how can you call it the most disappoint game of its year the same year MGSV came out?

>Oh shit an escape pod! I'd better activate it
>Oh shit, they've got amnesia, should I tell them they're a robot? Nah
>Oh shit, the new guys arm got blown off, good thing he knows he's a robot
>Oh shit, the new guy doesn't know he's a robot!

Elma is a cunt 2bh

>Elma why didn't you tell me I was a robot!
>You never asked ;)))))

Let's not forget how she gave this big pretentious speech about how humans shouldn't care that their real bodies died, right before revealing that she's the only one who gets to keep her real body.
A true cunt indeed.

Actually, if everyone and their mom know they're a fucking robot I don't see the need to smear it over your face for no reason at all.
Also, Elma isn't one so I don't think she has that on her mind 24/7

But yeah.

>Xenogears
Tied up the entire story
>Xenosaga
Tied up the entire story through 2 sequels
>Xenoblade
Tied up the entire story
>Xenoblade X
OH SHIT WHAT IF THERE'S NO SEQUEL

>They already pretty much confiremed there won't be one.
Nah, he just said the next one would be different. I believe in the guy. I don't think he'd spend an entire game essentially just setting up a comprehensive and cohesive universe to drop it. I'm picturing a game that appears different at first, but then ties in to the whole Samaar/Ghosts thing at some point in the plot.

I actually got a level 60 skell, and the most powerful skell weapon in the game. All I need to do now is get all the stupid augments so I can one shot bosses. If I can do that, the last 4 or 5 that I can't beat currently will be done, then I just need to grind for affinity, then I'll be 100%.

He said he wanted the next game to be different. That's what he wants, but he will probably have to make a sequel on X, or some kind of complete edition version of X with 6-12 more chapters and content for the NX. Then he will go and do something totally different. But I feel with such a ludicrous cliff hanger, that they will end it properly, hes probably just trolling to throw people off track to expect something else.

Oh, yes. There will be another Xenoblade.

But not following up this one. It'll be pretty much like XCX and XC.

I think otherwise, 2bh. He's definitely gone in at the deep end with the world building here, I believe in the guy and I believe that he'll revisit this universe.

"This story never truly ends" is meant to imply that the ending is open to interpretation, and it will not receive a sequel.
I think its better this way, most characters are one-dimensional stereotypes with no real substance to them beyond superficial traits, and the Ganglion are pretty much saturday morning cartoon villains.
He pretty much wrote himself into a corner with this garbage because he wanted it to be an experiement in open world gaming. Its much better all around if he starts fresh without any of XCX's retardation limiting him.

Man he better.

He fucking better.

I had to look everywhere for a wall plug powered HD because C cables are nonexistent in my country, apparently.

>"This story never truly ends" is meant to imply that the ending is open to interpretation, and it will not receive a sequel.
Source

>C cables are nonexistent in my country
Fucking why? Where do you live?

well all he said was that the next game will feel very different from X.

That being said, with where the story left off there is no way a sequel would feel anything like the first game.
Lifehold core has been found and Mira explored, of course a sequel would feel very different from X, the survival story is over.
Now they can focus on the more Xeno typical themes that the game hinted at throughout.

>most characters are one-dimensional stereotypes with no real substance to them beyond superficial traits
So...every JRPG character ever?

I just want to explore the fucking universe, man. Why can't I get in my Skell and fly away

>Source
reading comprehension

So that's your interpretation and not a fact like you presented it? Okay.

No? Play more JRPGs

Is this thing on?

>Other than NLA's music, the rest of the tracks range from good to god tier.
>For what it is, I enjoy the plot.

WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM ? FUCKING SERIOUSLY NEWFAGS ARE TAKING OVER THIS BOARD

I would say most JRPG characters are interesting, but not deep. The first Xenoblade and most Tales/FF games follow this as well. They're just walking tropes.

Interesting, but not deep.

>NOT MUH HIVEMIND
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Go meme your way over to reddit, kiddo. You might get an epic upvote for following the status quo.

>"This story never truly ends" is meant to imply that the ending is open to interpretation, and it will not receive a sequel.
I think the whole "This story never truly ends" thing is more of a nod to how humanity allways repeats the same mistake in the xeno series.

The lifehold and mimeosome thing is just one step behind making a Zanza 2.0

But your "opinion" is literally false tho, i am genuinely convinced you're either 18 or people pay you to shitpost here

>Opinion
>False

Oh shut the fuck up.

>tho
>opinions being false
>Doesn't capitalise "I"
>"Muh 18+"
>Working himself in to a shoot because someone doesn't share his opinions
Wew lad

That's actually a fairly nice interpretation and a bit of a nod to his previous games.

Here is some facts about you two :
You're 18
Never played Xenogears nor Xenoblade Chronicles
Skip cutscenes
Spend more time shitposting here than actually playing games

The story and themes that are in the game are actually very interesting. Especially when the game starts going into GitS territory near the end it's infinitley more interesting than what the first Xenoblade did.

Its just very very flawed because the game was a glorified HD devlopment training session for the developers.

>Here is some facts about you two :
>You're 18
Untrue (27)
>Never played Xenogears nor Xenoblade Chronicles
Untrue (Playing through Xenogears on my Vita currently)
>Skip cutscenes
Untrue
>Spend more time shitposting here than actually playing games
Says the guy that posted a literal "REEEEEEEEEE" comment

LMAO kys kid

>Beer? I was hoping we'd do shots.
How can one secretary be so based?

See this is EXACTLY why the story and universe captivated me moreso than most other Scifi JRPGs. I just hope the next game does something with all this build up, I really fucking need that.

Let me objectively resume the story :
You are lost in a planet and some people want you dead because of an ancient and relatively unexplained prophecy
You're looking for the lifehold containing your "souls" and if you don't you're supposed to die
At the end you don't find it but you don't die
How is that good/interesting ?

Actually

Aliens destroyed your planet in a war with other aliens, you travel for 2 years before the first aliens shoot you down on to a planet, where you and your people have to learn to survive using complex robot bodies while your real bodies are in a core somewhere, and the battery is running out on it.

A few months later, mc wakes up, and you learn that a faction of the second group of aliens also were shot down by the first group, and are hardwired to want you dead.

After hunting for your bodies, you discover other aliens are being hunted by the second group of aliens, and decide to help them, only for mc to discover he's a robot. The aliens are also after an advanced robot said to be able to destroy humans easily, based on a prophecy, which you later learn is based on human like aliens who created the first group of aliens, and then gave them an in built weakness to human DNA, setting up motivation of a race to the core.

Lots of alien cultures join you over the game and flesh out the universe, where you later find out about the ghosts and samaar. During all this, humanity is led to survival by an alien passing as a human, leading to skell development and the core technology. Also there's traitors and advanced AI on the planet.

And that's like the tip of the iceberg

well because everything Elma wanked herself off to about her superior understanding of souls and the continuity of self is now up for debate in the story.

We will just have to wait and see if it gets a sequel or not, and if there is one it is bound to be filled with crazy anime interpretations of philosophy which are always fun.

Christ if he goes full on Xenogears I'll be disappointed. I hope he keeps part of the lore and such as side content.

We are only at Perfect Works Episode 1 right now.
Lifehold is Deus
home gets destroyed
humanity just joined an alien federation for the first time

So Elma is Miang?