Is this worth playing?

Is this worth playing?

Overpriced average game,it's an inferior version of silent hill with less action.

It has a pretty cool atmosphere if you're a harry potterfag,tho

there are too many jap horror titles that are garbage

It's too late.
I just bought it.

yes.. depending on what kind of person you are

I'm not a good person.

elaborate?

It's pretty average. Some spook, some decent atmosphere, kids that like to get "hands on" but nothing to justify such a retarded price tag. Emulate it and prepare yourself to ask "why in the fuck is this so expensive" then play Silent Hill 3.

So finish it. It was a pain for me to complete it, but I don't regret it. Great atmosphere, really good plot (undeniable originality), pleasant CGI. Too bad the gameplay is unbearably dull.

I would only recommend playing it if you truly are a horror game fan. The story, atmospehre and characters are exceptional but the gameplay is painfully bad, specially when the games forces you to fight near the end. And also there's the fact that the game is overpriced as fuck.
So I would say that if you can download it for free and play it in a pirate ps2 or emulator then go for it if not just watch a gameplay.

How much?

€120.
Very reasonably priced for a 2006 game.

But the case its worn out

A handjob and a packet of Cheetos.

I walked by copies of this in FUCKING GAMESTOP for years sitting there for like 12$. I just now emulated it, and I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't pay for this.

I could've made a killing reselling it too, oh well.

I fucking wish.

I didn't say in which order.

I bought it when it came out. Gave it to a charity shop a few years ago. Pretty much unknowingly gave them $200, which they probably sold for $2.

Oh fuck.

>mfw I do this all the time with old vidya

I don't like selling on Ebay and it's a good deed. Win win.

you're lucky to have gotten it with a case

No. The only reason i ever see this shilled is because it is rare. Rare and over priced does not equal good.

And yes, I played it when it came out. It is basically a shitty silent hills rip off.

>I support the used games bubble instead of emulating

Not much more I can support, m8.

Well, it's not for everyone. Gameplay is bad, and fighting bosses and enemies is even worse.

BUT, the story and atmosphere is excellent. I'm glad I played it and I wanted to replay it a few times but then I remembered the awful gameplay.

I honestly got a better overall experience watching a walkthrough with no commentary but the atmosphere is better when you're actually playing.

>awful gameplay
I never understand why people have problems with RoR gameplay, its your standard shitty survival horror with shit combat like SH2 or RE1

>no sprint button
>most of your enemies are weird sizes in relation to you, making hitting them a challenge
>no map most of the time, making you run around in circles
>controlling the dog gets tedious

A bonus one:

>the music is terrible, on par with "that" track from the RE: DC basement.

I remember being able of sprinting unless i'm remembering the basic run.

Enemies never were a problem to me because you literally always run away or fight them just enough to move them outta your path.

Pretty sure the game has a map, i remember using it all the time, not that it was of that much of an help considering how big most scenarios were.

Most of the time you just need to have Brown by your side or use him to track down items.

I guess this is more opinion than anything but i would need to replay the game to really say whatever about this topic. I just really like RoR, i have an hard time giving it any major faults