Are you gonna buy the Mini NES™ user? Are you happy with the library of games? What games are you most interested in?

Are you gonna buy the Mini NES™ user? Are you happy with the library of games? What games are you most interested in?

Other urls found in this thread:

retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=78
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ2pZLxGeKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd buy one for 10 bucks.

I'll buy one once it gets hacked and has the entire NES library on it.

is anyone actually this retarded? are there more people like this?

>Castlevania II: Simon's Curse
What were those bois thinking....

What's the problem exactly?

>retards calling other people retarded
Oh the ironing.

>30 preloaded games
If I can put roms on it I'll buy it in a instant.

Mini NES a cute

I have a PC/laptop/smartphone and hundreds of NES ROMs and SNES ROMs.

No, I won't.

I'm buying hundreds of the controllers. Probably not the mini-NES. You realize this is going to be a limited production run and after that Nintendo will NEVER make a factory NES controller again right?

Plus that Wii adaptor port converts easily to USB. I can't fucking wait.

What does having a PC, laptop and smartphone and hundreds of NES and SNES ROMs have to do with not buying it? I have all those things and I'm buying it.

If I knew shit about computers and emulation, I would.

But, like, if you try, and do some minimum level of Google searching, you could build your own. Wouldn't be a mini, and wouldn't be as streamlined. But, like, think about it.

> Raspberry Pi - $25
> NES Console shell/case - $5
> USB NES Controller - $7
> NES Emulator - Free
> Nearly 27,000 NES ROMs - Free
>Total - $37

Sure, it's a couple dollars more, but you could program it yourself, customize it, and have thousands of games. Plus it's pretty fun and satisfying to make computers and shit.

Just program your Pi, hollow out the broken NES, jerryrig it inside, stick that USB controller in it, and have fun. Tada.

Actually, I might do that myself. Sounds fun.

Original concept, donut steele.

Nope, but I might buy a mini SNES if it were made, and a Mini N64 as well.

Already been confirmed that that's not true. The controller is going to be over stocked everywhere.

Because you're an idiot.

>Already been confirmed that that's not true. The controller is going to be over stocked everywhere.
If you say so goyim, just buy one. I'll be stocking up.

No, that's not the reason why I'm buying it.

Fine, it's just a side-effect then.

No, that's not true either.

No Castlevania games, no buy. I'm happy with my zero-latency 3DS Virtual Console games.

No.

Wait nevermind, I misremembered. CVII but not 3 is criminal, though.

I have a NES too, but I only have a HD TV and I don't want to fuck around making it look better.

Get on my level

No.

If you are reading this post then you are more than able to get any fucking NES game on the device you're using.

Unless you're one of those weirdos using a library computer or have a Nokia from 1998

Yeah, you can easily download an emulator, get some ROMs, risk shitty bugs and use a modern controller.

Or you could buy an adorable mini NES with 30 polished games for the low, low price of $60.

I already got a nes with with some choice games and the oversized controller.

Both sound terrible.

Or, I could just use Higan, load roms and play problem-free.

>someone actually cut this gif short

Over sized controller?

only because you're literally in poverty

Gross.

meant for

retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=78

Buy this instead.

It has turbo and shit man.

I did. It lasted a month of heavy use.

>polished games
>virtual console with gimmicks
I hope Hiro shuts down Cred Forums.

fuck you
the turbografx 16 had BUILT IN TURBO on its fucking STANDARD CONTROLLERS!

>no stolen software emu

who the fuck cares, the nes isn't some hard thing to emu or something. best nes emu, btw?

>turbografx 16
So the rebellion lives on....

>no Duck Tales
>no Mother (not even fucking Japan got it)
>no Cocoron
>no Mr.Gimmick
>no Final Fantasy II
>no Batman

Fuck that.

Is it Mike Tyson's Punch Out or the shitty Mr Dream Version?

I never beat Piston Honda #2 as a kid and haven't played since.

it emulates the hardware through FPGA not software like a lot of the clones. It's great.

i already have at least 5 systems capable of playing NES games

i got a turbo duo fucker, im one with all
also, its nice to have, like the sega CDX because it fucking saves on number of systems and space. fucking CDX is the size of a CD player and still can do everything the genesis + sega CD could do without being 3 times as fucking big..

I'll admit that I do love my Sega CDX but I keep the model 1 genesis set up instead because the CD selection is rather small.
If only I had a working Model 1 Sega CD too.

Are you stupid? I have a job bitch, why can't i just pull out my NES and play geams on that?

My NES is busted as fuck.
Are any of those nes/snes knockoff combo consoles any good or should I just buy a replacement?
Also, is there a reason why people play on old school TVs? Is it just to feel authentic or is there a more substantial reason?

Gonna buy a raspberry pi 3 with case instead.

if anything as a collectible i will

Would you mind telling me what this Raspberry is? I keep hearing about it. I always thought it was a phone.

>using the wrong word
oh the iron ni

>No Joy Mech Fight
Fucking bullshit. Gonna do this So i can play it and shit like

>risk shitty bugs
>30 POLISHED games
There's so much stupid I don't know how to tackle it.

why?
the fucking cdx does it all and is small
the fucking model 1 cd drive breaks on average

i had a working one for a while, but i just hated it because it was bulky and shit.

only if you have a fucking sony trinitron tv is it the best possible picture. everything else is just worthless. plus, fucking SD games don't look nice on fucking HDTVs

Because I want to keep using my Model 1 Genesis since I grew up with the bulky fuck. Might as well love it with a stackable Model 1 CD.

Spoken like a true good goy

It's a tiny computer, about the size of a credit card.
It's a really neat tool to mess arround with and to program for since it's pretty open ended.

Many people add it to other electronics to be able to control them and do different stuff via WiFi and other connections.

In this case, you can get it (costs like 30$) and use it to emulate all the NES games you want and it will do the same thing as the console.

2 licensed games

a bad early FF game

mother not being on there for at least JP is odd, but i don't think its a Mario 3 level of needing to be there. maybe a dragon quest game tho

others besides Gimmick, idk

At the risk of sounding entitled, why does it have Castlevania's 1 and 2, but not 3? And why doesn't it have Megaman 1 if it has 2?

And at the risk of sounding really entitled, why didn't they throw in some of their B-rank NES games? Maybe it's a bit too much to ask, but who's really running out to buy Urban Champion by itself?

How many NES games still hold up?
I feel like the SNES more or less made the NES redundant. Particularly seeing as all the Mario games where remade and put onto 1 cartridge.

and then that CD breaks and you have to get a new one or fix the annoying to open mdl 1 when you could just use the fucking CDX

dude, i had the bulky mdl 1 genesis too, but the cdx is just all the best things in one pakage with zero downsides

AND YOU CAN USE IT AS A PORTABLE CD PLAYER!

what can it emu besides nes?
everything up to 5th gen?

weird right?
i was saying the same shit when it was first shown. i mean, that genesis collection box had EVERY good 1st party game i can think of and it had 80 fucking games.

Just buy a Wii and hack it.

Countless retro emulators on top of all Wii and Gamecube games.

You can even plug the NES mini controller into your Wii remote.

The SNES was the golden age to NES's silver. But there's still some excelly games on the NES that don't have superior SNES equivalents

Ninja Gaiden is one of them. Fuck, you'd be hard pressed to find a platformers from -any- generation that's as fluid and snappy as Ninja Gaiden. Then there's Castlevania III, which differs enough from IV to not feel like a straight downgrade. Then there's stuff like Cocoron which I've never played another game quite like it, Little Samson, and Metal Storm which was VVVVVV decades before VVVVVV was a thing

Couldn't you already do this with the Wii/Wii U which is already hack able?

I hate the fact that fucking Pacman is on the list and Ducktales (or insert whatever classic you want) isn't. Besides that, the selection is pretty good and it has a reasonable price.

P.S.:I pre-ordered two.

>everyone knows how to program

But still, it sounds like there's only a handful of worthwhile NES games compared to the SNES.

By 'program' he means 'go to some forum and copy paste lines of code someone else already made'

The NES has better challenging side-scrollers than the SNES.

NES has a lot of games that still hold up, but there's not a whole of genre variety. A bunch of platformers, a few top-down games, some puzzle games, and a couple of arcade ports. The NES couldn't really do anything else well with the hardware.

Everything up to N64/playstation. Google RetroPi

Megaman is still good.
Battetoads is still good.
River City Ransom is still good.
Double Dragon is still good.
Ghosts n Goblins is still good.
Little Samson is still good.
Ninja Gaiden is still good.
Mr. Gimmick is still good.
Gargoyle Quest 2 is still good.
Super Mario Bros. is still good.
Batman is still good.
Kick Master is still good.

Just off the top of my head.

Three posts in and we have the shill getting butt blasted

I'd understand getting the NES Mini if it ran the games through accurate hardware, or had some really, really awesome LLE stuff going on. But as it is you're just buying an emulator that probably isn't any better than free equivalents. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there was literally just as raspberri stuck in there

The controllers are a different matter though. Buying a fuck ton of those

Is this ironic or unironic shillposting?

he should have said that then, because that sounds way easier than learning how to program

>mini SNES
the fucking dream, but probably contingent on mini NES sales

I kind of wish that it had some incentive to get over the 300 other times most of these games have been ported. An achievement system would be nice.

How does Cred Forums feel about their take on a CRT filter?

youtube.com/watch?v=mJ2pZLxGeKc

>calls user goyim
>his plan is to buy the same shitty controller a dozen times over to a corporation that treats them this bad

I'd pay $60 for the convenience alone. Who's got the time to mess around with emulators and raspberry pis and whatever else you guys are talking about for alternatives?

Mini SNES with all the Square RPGs would be amazing. Would buy.

FFIV
FFV
FFVI
Chrono Trigger

Goddamn.

don't forget Dragon Quest I&II

NES controllers are top tier for mod projects. But no 3rd party controller has ever come to the quality of the originals. Why would I want to use or cut up my originals when I could buy reproductions enmasse and then resell them modified for a healthy chunk of change?

I'm sorry you're so cucked sonygger

>Who's got the time

Is this the biggest meme of the 21st century?

I'm a full time student who also works 50 hours a week, and I still have a ton of time to put into hobbies. Setting up a raspberry pi takes a couple hours at most, for half the price and more options. What the fuck are people doing that they can't manage to fit that into their weekly schedule?

>Paying for emulation
LOL

Let me rephrase that then: Who's got the time to mess around with computer programs and hardware they know nothing about and don't care to learn about, when all they want to do is press a button and be able to play right away?

>Download emulator
>Drag file
>They exist for pretty much every single device portable or regular
>WHO'S GOT THE TIME FOR THESE TWO MINUTES I MAKE $6000 DOLLARS A SECOND BETTER BUY THIS BULKY CRAP

Wii U has shit emulation. The NES classic looks and sound much more faithful to the original

>Buying rehashed controllers like a good goy
>calling others cucked sonyggers
$0.05 has been deposited into your account

Do you really think normal people want to do that? Whether it's easy or not is irrelevant. The majority of people just want to play, no hassle involved.

Framemeister is great
Im still saving up for one

Framemeister sucks dick. Enjoy that lag

These threads always make the poorfags come out of the woodwork.

The emulation on it is fantastic due to it being done by NeRD, but I actually own majority of those games. So no.

NeRD did the DS and N64 VC on WiiU if I'm correct. M2 is the GBA VC and a shitload of other emulation related stuff. They're great too.

What if you want to play Castlevania 3?

I think it's aesthetics over function really.
The tiny console is kinda cute and funny looking and has a nostalgia factor for many, and if you take into account the value of the hardware+controller, each game will cost less than $2, so it's not that bad a deal.

Sure, you'd get more bang for your buck out of a Retropie Raspberry, or even normal emulation throught your computer, but that's not why people will buy this, at all.

Without a doubt. Looking forward to the most: Super Mario Bros. 3, Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Mega Man II, Dr. Mario, and more.

>The tiny console is kinda cute and funny looking

This is the part I don't get. If they're trying to tickle that nostalgia bone, why not make the console full size? Seeing it all itty bitty just takes away from the appeal, IMO

No.

Pick from the only bad solutions available to you like I did.

Just popping in to say that yes I will be buying one along with an extra controller.

For some reason this shit makes me hard. I already love those mini-pnp consoles (see: atari flashback 2).

If the famicom one had normal sized controllers I'd consider importing it.

You're shilling the use and sooner breakdown of a limited item way too much that now I believe you don't have one.

Costs production costs for them, makes it more appealing to people who don't have enought space for the actual thing (i know it's not big, i'm just pulling stuff out of my ass here), to avoid people selling it as if it was a rare first edition of the actual thing to some idiot.

I honestly don't know.

I'd personally prefer it to be full sized too, but you know japs and making stuff small.

Nah. These are for kids and people that aren't tech-savy in the slightest. I got emulators but it's a cool concept. It's just not for me.

Does it come with 2 controllers?

Just one. Separate controllers are $10

Just one.
Extras cost only $10 tho.

Well for one shit doesn't open up and second, you could pretty much just emulate the whole NES library.

Does the Famicom Mini even have the option to buy more controllers, I know they're built into it like the original Famicom, but I'd love to get a Famicom Controller to use as a Classic Controller.

Cool

The way I see it is that this things serves no purpose other than looking pretty nice

>shit doesn't open up
nothing a dremel won't fix

The controllers for the NES Classic Edition double as Classic Controllers too, since they use the same connectors and ports that a Wiimote/attachment do.

>NeRD did the DS and N64 VC on WiiU if I'm correct.
The DS and N64 emulation on the Wii U is awful though.

GBA is legit good though. M2 always does an amazing job.

I think that's the joke faggot.

Proof
Faggot

It's cheaper to just emulate the NES and buy a USB NES controller...would it even accept actual carts that I already own?

No

So you definitely don't use it. You got me dude.

no, i use it, its just not plugged in because i brought it over to a bros house earlier for some co-op good times

It's discarded in a heap. Good story though.

FIFA 17

I hope we get the 3rd 3D Classic Collection.

Also, NERD did Wii games being on the WiiU Eshop and the New3DS's new Super Stable 3D

3rd? There's a 2nd?

Wii VC games run fine on the Wii U because they're not being emulated at all, but rather use the backwards compatibility of the Wii U.

The Super Stable 3D on the New 3DS is really good though.

They actually made it so they're launchable by the WiiU itself, not shifting into Wii Mode to do everything. Like a shortcut.

Also, yes. There's going to be a third one, but it's the last set they're making. And a good hunk is brand new games like Turbo OutRun and Thunder Force III.

yeah, i don't really have shelves for shit, i just set it on the floor. all my gaming shit is in bins, so no real show off collection. i used to, but then it got too dusty to clean all the damn time

can't you just download the 500mb zip file with all 6000 NES games in it and play on a 100$ pc?

This.
Yeah but I like the cute mini-NES. It's basically a shell for a Raspberry Pi anyway, so less work on my end once it's hackable.

Absolutely, however I would pay for it for the package, the convenience.

and guess what faggot you can JUST PLAY everything, every single game with no restriction you stupid fuck. That's the hassle with paying 60$, that's the fucking hassle that you only have 30 shitty games. Enjoy taking that nintendick up your ass you stupid faggot because you dumb fucks will pay top dollar for fucking anything with the right brand on it, or with the right shell, or coat of paint. Fucking pathetic media addicted easily maniplauted little babies. No wonder it's so easy to exploit retards for billions in this system, you all fucking willingly let them and most of you even defend it as their corporate right to fuck us ALL OVER FOREVER HORRIBLY. FUCK YOU MORONS JUST DIE YOU GODDAMN CHILDREN

I expect somebody to hack that shit and get our warez loaders

>Downloading two files is a hassle
Thank you Apple.

Isn't it better to get a Raspberry Pi 3 if you want to play more than just nes games?

im not buying it, only normies, casuals and retro hipsters will buy it. ill wait til someone dumps it at my flea market for 10 bucks

If i can add more roms to it, yes.

Otherwise no.

Its not that $60 for 30 games, is that it only will have 30 games forever.

Might aswell buy a Wii for $20.

bitch

it looks so 90s and neat

want to access the menu and save states?

you have to get up and press the reset button

You can emulate it all on a computer as old as 2001 why would you?

Suddenly NES Mini sounds appealing.

Sadly its not happening.
it would cost $200 because sony would want a good amount of royalties and no starfox or Yoshi island for the FX lawsuits.
Also no other popular games everyone wants because everyone either the company closed or want too much money for it.

the pre-orders on the Nintendo Shop, Amazon, Best Buy and Toys R Us sold out in a few minutes

What royalties would Sony have?

>>no Mother (not even fucking Japan got it)

While it is fashionable for modern 23 year old numales to faun over that series, Mother was a so-so performer in it's prime and there is no need to have included it. Sold just enough to make a sequel but no one got rich off it. It was never a hit.

It was just a DQ parody and had a niche market. It's sequels had a better reception (in japan) but sales were still unremarkable. There is little nostalgia for it even in Japan.

In the west the series exists for hipsters who claim to support it but they really just want to look fashionable while showing off their five copies of earthbound on youtube.

>Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime commented on the situation to press today saying, “I love EarthBound and I love Mother 3. Unfortunately, we at Nintendo made the decision to stop selling Earthbound in the North American Wii U eShop due to the poor sales we received.”

>“It’s a shame that we could not keep the game up longer than we could, but business is business,” he says, “I feel somewhat betrayed by some of our fans who said they would purchase Earthbound if we did sell it. It really was not our fault the game was pulled so quickly.”

tl;dr

Fuck mother fans, all 7 of them. The mini-NES and mini-famicom include games people actually played.

oh my god you can't be serious

Reggie never said that, you got that quote from a website that only posts joke articles. Earthbound's on both the Wii U and 3DS VC.

Isn't the NES version of final fantasy super fucked up? I can't imagine that edited the rom to incorporate any of the GBA fixes.

I know it was a joke quote but it sums it up nicely.

It is a very niche game that never sold well. Low six figure range, with a small but vocal following.

alright, fair enough

>Raspberry Pi - $25
For the lowest end cheap piece of shit model that only has one usb port on it. You want a B+ at minimum if you want to get any mileage with the device, which is a mere $10 more.

>USB NES Controller - $7
If it's not a Buffalo Famicom USB, it's a worthless knock-off piece of shit. The Buffalo SNES controllers are also good, but the Famicom variants look nicer and still have all 8 buttons

>NES Console Shell/Case - $5
I can't really say anything about this since it's not something I've looked into.

The game is actually decent, I will admit to playing earthboudn when it was new.

I am just overly hostile to what the mother fanbase has become.

why i would buy it?

DOWNLOAD AN EMULATOR AND PLAY THOSE GAMES FOR FREE.

YOUR LAPTOP CAN DO IT, YOUR SHITTY POTATO PC CAN DO IT, YOUR HACKED 3DS CAN DO IT, YOUR FUCKING PHONE CAN DO IT.

THIS SHIT IS A RIP-OFF, DON'T BUY THIS!!

That's pretty much what programming is.