Good games for bad coomputers

im looking for good old low-res or even new low-res games i can play on an old inspirion craptop due to my power supply exploding and frying the board and most likely the cpu on my good rig, now im trapped on this pile of shit but im jonesing bad to play something, any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.develz.org/play.htm
noxforum.net/index.php?topic=3160.0
dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBoxFrontends
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

crawl.develz.org/play.htm

>crawl.develz.org/play.htm
I like the ides of it, but its a little too low res, im installing postal 2 now to see if it'll run, its really strange as to what till and what wont run, for example i can run red faction 1 and all the quake games but not HL1 for some assholish reason, i can run torchlight 1 but not diablo 1, i think it has something to do with 3d rendering

What GPU does it have? Some low-end integrated Intel graphics were actually rebadged PowerVR affairs with famously horrible driver support and issues out the ass.

Actually, just post the specs of that thing in their entirety

>Intel GMA X3100
the exact garbage integrated trash you speak of, i dont have driver issues but alot of studdering and lag, but again its quite odd what i can actually run

CPU 2.0-GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7250
RAM 2GB
RAM Upgradable to 4GB
Hard Drive Size 120GB
Hard Drive Speed 5,400rpm
Display Size 15.4
Native Resolution 1440x900
Optical Drive DVD+R DL
Optical Drive Speed 8X
Graphics Card Intel GMA X3100

right now im dling hotline miami, rouge legacy, farcry 1, shovel knight, and olliolli, i have hope for everything other than farcry, maybe even rouge legacy depending on how its rendered

get urself total annihilation with a few mods for AI and u've a great time sink

>total annihilation
thanks, thats what im looking for, low-end time toilets so i can get my fixes until i can build a new rig

im also grabbing eldritch and ziggurat as i find myself attracted to rougelike games like binding of isaac and gungeon

Quake 1
Quake 3
Unreal
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Carmageddon 2

This are the ones i still play on my old craptop when im far from my home PC.

terraria is easy to run last suggestion from me is old sim city if that genre's palatable

Abe's Oddysee + Exoddus
Fallout 1 + 2
FTL

>Drakan: Order of the Flame
im rocking the old quake games already lol classics, ill definitely check out drakan

Play Deus Ex

When in doubt, always assume that if it isn't a graphing calculator and/or currently on fire, Doom will run on it.

i do have it installed but not tested it yet, i played it long ago and im hesitant to even bother again

i got doom to run through an emulator on my ps2 which was a revelation lol, all hail free mcboot

ohh i forgot about that one, definitely will test it out, thanks

say what u like about brutal doom but it gave us a good reason to go back and replay the classics if not only for the improved sound quality

i completely forgot about brutal doom, i doubt ill have any problems with it, and with zdoom its practically endless, but it does get old, ive been playing doom for 20 years lol

all great games, although i can't see playing oddworld without a controller

When i was a broke NEET all i had was a used mini dell laptop, it couldn't even play minecraft. Really gave me an opportunity to play older games though. I would pirate everything iv'e read about and play them. My recommendations for a craptop are
>fallout 1&2
>FF7
>Planescape torment ( i think it's shit but that's probably because i wasn't playing it correctly)
>arcanum of steamworks and magick obscura (see above)
>rollercoaster tycoon 3
>neverwinter nights 2
>Old school runescape if you're a hopeless NEET
>morrowind
>diablo 2
There's more i'm sure but those stick out in my mind.

Anything from 2004ish and back should be fine.

If your looking for anything newer your best bet is probably indies on steam especially anything with a pixel artstyle.

full game download:

noxforum.net/index.php?topic=3160.0

windows 7 fix, may or may not be necessary:

server1.awesie.org/NoxGUI_beta13.zip

have fun

Daggerfall. It a country within a game and one of the largest dungeon crawler of it time.

What is this geam? is it fun?

just play it

Fallout MMO runs perfectly on just about any computer, it's a lot of fun and a great time killer.

you know what alot of that indie shit now a days claims to be lo-fi pixel art whatever but chug memory and graphics harder than most games from like 2010, its odd i tried the rule of old games like i said before some ran fine but others didnt the biggest shock being HL1 not running but red faction 1 running fine keeping in mind in red faction 1 you could/would destroy pretty much fucking everything, believe it or not fucking RIVEN AND MYST WOULDNT RUN WITHOUT STUDDERING neither would monkey island revenge of le chuck, i played all 3 of them games on a fucking gateway 2000 back in 96-97 something like that just fine, GOG does something to their games that makes all the rereleases run like garbage

ive heard of it before but its one of them games that i always forget about until someone mentions it, ill definitely check it out, thanks

thats one of the greatest pictures ive ever seen, nothing short of art

after watching a little gameplay i have a feeling it might not run right, beleive it or not diablo 1 was chugging and studdering but torchlight 1 wasnt which completely fucking blew me away

Am i reading that correctly? Is there really a fallout MMO?

Beleive it or not diablo 1 chugged and studderd but fucking torching 1 worked fine, go figure, but hey now did someone say rollercoaster tycoon, my god does that bring me back what a timeless timesink good call

open gl vs direct draw. ur gpu prolly prefers only 1 so cpu does everything in some cases

i think it'll work especially if you can run torchlight

it ran on max settings on my shit pc from like 1998

RC Tycoon was written in machine code so there's no chance of failure too

i think he meant maybe RTS or RPG, the first two are dramatically different from the 3rd one on, alot of fun but way more brutal and unforgiving

>Intel GMA X3100
integrated trash, im fairly fucked, i was thinking of grabbing a cheap shitty tower off craigslist just so i can salvage what i can from my old rig and nigger together something i can play like atleast games in the fallout 3/ hl2 range

get an arcade stick and a bunch of emulators/arcade games

i do have a homebrewed ps2 with Free McBoot and all that good shit, its got all the genesis games all the nes games and all the snes games on it already so im not completely helpless just a little bored with retro shit, keep in mind im 30 and there is really no such thing as retro to me, its just the older stuff, as in you can only play ghouls and ghosts and nhl 97 so many times...

GOG games are running in a VM I believe you just don't see it.

that would make total sense, i really couldnt understand why fucking myst of all games was running like shit, its a series of fucking pictures

all of the good ones

that being said, at the risk of derailing this thread if anyone can direct me to a decent way of running ps2 roms on free mcboot without an intergrated HD and preferably off a flash drive rather than a dvd, or even a decent way of putting shit on a dvd im all ears

i got dosbox and im running on windows 7, i cant seem to get shit to run on it, i know its 99% most likely me not knowing what im doing, maybe you can point me in the right direction on a tutorial for dosbox or something like that, id really like to figure out if dosbox blows or im just too stoned to get it

use a GUI frontend

There was one in development at Interplay. Well, I say that it was "in development", but that statement's only true on paper. In practice, Interplay basically did nothing with the IP after Bethesda bought the series and licensed it back to them for the MMO. Needless to say, they didn't meet the deadlines that Bethesda set, there was a lawsuit, and Bethesda won.

That user was probably thinking of the RTS, Fallout Tactics, but mixed up RTS and MMO.

like as in there is another program or piece of software i need or should download, cause using dosbox as a command based platform sucks

dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBoxFrontends

thanks

people should be fucking boycotting crawl, the devs need taking outside and putting down

i only just checked it out tonight upon suggestion, seemed ok, a little boring and meh but fine, whats with the hostility im courious, i too have a love/hate relationship with ultima online and the various power hungry faggots who run most of the freeshards

They remove more content than they add with each update in the name of removing "bloat", which means the game has lost a lot of good flavour that the genre is renowned for.

Hotline Miami T B H

oh yeah ive sadly seen that too many times before, devs nerfing a game to the point of complete fucking redundancy, most likely to appease mouthy donators and blowhards in the forums, a sad state of affairs to be sure

is that the new one?, i d/l the new one but havent installed or tested it yet, looks fun and right in my wheelhouse but i wanna try the first one before i bother to d/l the second

i meant to say d/ the old one not new one *

very nice

gunpoint was fun try that

Might and Magic 6

>decide to download FO2 on my craptop
>569mb dl takes 5 hours
fuck being NEET

>neverwinter nights 2
>not the first game with all its modules
pleb

op here, your just a peasant, 5 hours aint shit, you definitely didnt live though the days of 56k

starcraft brood war can run on anything

starcraft is always a great option, but not to sound ungratefu,l ive beaten it to death same for CnC

Emu is the obvious choice
Civ III

Gothic
Jagged Alliance /2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Medal of Honor Allied Assault/Call of Duty 1
Sea Dogs series
Legacy of Kain games
Heroes of Might and Magic
Might and Magic
Underrail (Not Undertale you fucking kneejerk muppet)
System Shock 1 and 2
Alien Versus Predator 2 + Primal Hunt

There's a shit ton of old good games most of which became classics and what modern games are measured up to today. Most of them unsurpassed until this day.

Fuck you guys. I asked the same damn question under similar circumstances and Cred Forums gave me jack shit. Cred Forums actually held a better discussion for old pc games that would run on shit computers. My suggestion would be to fire up warcraft 3 and chill out but no spoon feeding tho :^)

i already got a homebrewed ps2 with free mcboot so its got genesis nes and snes loaded with every rom with the exception of hacked or homebrewed roms

DF is always good.

not a bad list, i would never play undertale even undertorture fuck that noise, the only legacy of kain game ive played was soul reaver on dreamcast if that even counts

Don't forget Homeworld. In fact you niggers need to play it even if you are not running craptops. And for God's sake don't play the remaster it's complete fucking garbage. And Silent Hill.

Antichamber
Bastion
NecroDancer
Hotline Miami

op here, your attitude clearly sucks and your clearly a butthurt faggot, my suggestion is gb2/b/ and ream your memes like a good little pleb

how many championships do you have under your belt?

the DOOM 4 DOOM mod blows brutal doom out of the water

what in the mother of god is that, you've caught my interest

You should play Blood Omen and Soul Reaver 2. Blood Omen especially, very good game. Feel free to check Blood Omen 2 as well although it's very mediocre and the weakest Legacy of Kain game in the series. It was supposed to be a Chakan The Forever Man game that was hastily remade to be a Legacy of Kain game.

Dwarf Fortress user.

you both clearly missed the point of my post, niggers or not, your both faggots

both are great but play the first one first

zero, im not asian

Old School Runescape

The grinding will keep you busy until your shit is fixed.

nice thanks

oh ill be checking it out, something about that pic made my oldschool autism light up lol

i still play ultima online on a few freeshards, uofreedom, defiance, six feet under, all suck but are way better than the powerstarved neckbearded absolute faggots over at uoforever, pretty much the same thing as runescape only not as 3rd world while still being the most brutal unforgiving mmo ive ever played, ultima online is my heroin

then you haven't beaten it to death.

Don't worry kiddo i know neither of us could use fucking google apparently.

GOOGLE
O
O
G
L
E

op here, i assume your a fellow craptop user with a pirated version of windows, just guessing because of your black background, i got the same deal, the authentication prog i used to use seems to have been overwritten and is not void, lol i think were in the same boat...

op here,lol lurk moar, ive put out more suggestions for myself and others than anyone else lol, learn how to apply analgesic to your anal weakness...

Definitely worth it. The game is free so you dont really lose anything. There is really alot of detail to the game. I swear the guy who makes it might be autistic. Also if ypu hate the ASCII style graphics there are tilesets that change it.

nigger i use black background and classic theme because i always try to reduce bloat

lol relax, its all good, most of us are niggers here even the white ones

i'm not a nigger

no, you are, your just unaware of it, ignorant, which by default makes you a nigger